Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+75
sentinel112
billybatts91
medo
AlfaT8
nero
Hannibal Barca
Krepost
Giulio
diabetus
Broski
0nillie0
RTN
teh_beard
ATLASCUB
Karl Haushofer
Kiko
lyle6
Yugo90
Boshoed
Singular_Transform
pavi
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
Mir
lancelot
Azi
GarryB
Big_Gazza
Isos
TMA1
Dr.Snufflebug
crod
Erk
Stealthflanker
Urluber
magnumcromagnon
adder
auslander
Sujoy
Odin of Ossetia
miketheterrible
Fred333
ArgentinaGuard
Rodion_Romanovic
Ispan
kvs
Arrow
mnztr
par far
Scorpius
franco
ALAMO
GunshipDemocracy
mavaff
ludovicense
Serberus
mnrck
walle83
Arkanghelsk
VARGR198
ucmvulcan
Hole
SeigSoloyvov
Autodestruct
Werewolf
LMFS
Walther von Oldenburg
JohninMK
Regular
Airbornewolf
d_taddei2
owais.usmani
Eugenio Argentina
Podlodka77
flamming_python
Firebird
79 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #8

Yugo90

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #8 - Page 14 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #8

Post  Yugo90 Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:37 pm

I think it would be megaa coool to see maybe 12 iskander rockets launched at once...is it possible?
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #8 - Page 14 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #8

Post  flamming_python Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:42 pm

auslander wrote:I am Sk.E.E. Kapitan, 1st Regiment K A Sevastopol.
    My English is perfect.

I am here. I have some little time before they operate on my husband. I will go to Hospital before they operate. I do not like this operation, my husband does not heal fast because of the cancer. I have talked to my son and my daughter. My daughter is working hard in Hospital.

My son says even teenagers are hunting the orcs in Mariupol and other villages. The children talk on their social media and tell each other what to do. Teenagers know all, they know where all the orcs hide in their positions. He says the teenagers have made wood wedges. He says the teenagers wait for the orcs to go in and shut the door. He says the children then throw in a cocktail, take the hammer and wedge the door. He says the teenagers have others waiting to shoot the orcs as they try to get out of the shooting holes. He says no one tries to stop the children. He says all the children have dead relatives from the killings. Now the children are fighting back. He says the enemy scream as they burn. He says no one feels sorry for them as they burn. He says soldiers protect the teenagers as they do what they must. He says no teenagers have been hurt, at least for now. I know some will be hurt and killed. This is war, war to the finish. He says many thousands of enemy are lying in piles in Mariupol. They will all die.

Nothing of the sort is going on

TMA1 likes this post

Big_Gazza dislikes this post

par far

Post  par far Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:47 pm

Lviv was hit, from the videos available, there were multiple targets that were hit.

Firebird, Big_Gazza, GunshipDemocracy, BliTTzZ, lancelot, Yugo90, Mir and Broski like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:57 pm

Regarding the use of long-range precision strike weapons and the whole campaign...

For me it is clear that the Russian MoD knew before the start of the operation that it would take at least 3 - 4 weeks to clear Mariupol and break trough the frontline in Donbass. Some of the fortifications there date back to thew 50´s when a NATO attack was feared. Blocking the cities (Kharkov, Kiev and Nikolaev with Odessa behind it) was a great move. But no surprise, the Russians know how to fight in that area.

The best proof for this is the use of precision strike weapons = ballistic, cruise and now eben hypersonic missiles.

Just think about this. We don´t know how many Iskander units are exactly in the area but 2 units with together 24 launchers is a good estimate. They can launch 48 missiles in a matter of minutes. But there are also 24 transloaders with another 48 missiles. That means that the Iskander systems in the area can launch roughly 3 salvos in an hour. This means 144 missile per hour!

The Bastion batteries in Crimea can launch 50 - 60 missiles an hour.

Kaliber is more complicated. The ships launch their missiles in front of Sewastopol harbor but coming back to the harbor, reload and travel out again could take a few hours.

Then there are the bombers. Should be now problem to bring 20 bombers into the air and launch a full salvo of 200 - 300 cruise missiles. Could be repeated 2 or 3 hours later.

To sum it up: Instead of launching 1.000 missiles in a month Russia could have done it in the first 24 hours. Shock and awe the russian way. They didn´t do it because they wanted to give the Orcs time to surrender and they knew it would take weeks to take out the Nazis in Donbass and Mariupol (without 1.500+ sorties of the VKS a day and bombing the whole area into the ground). No need to hurry.

And maybe they wanted to keep that little nasty surprise for the day NATO does something real stupid.

GarryB, franco, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, ALAMO, zepia, GunshipDemocracy and like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:58 pm

par far wrote:Lviv was hit, from the videos available, there were multiple targets that were hit.

Fuel depot.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #8 - Page 14 118410
    Cruise missile on the way.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #8 - Page 14 Izyum10
    Izyum

GarryB, d_taddei2, magnumcromagnon, Airbornewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs, GunshipDemocracy and like this post

Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:10 pm

Yugo90 wrote:I think it would be megaa coool to see maybe 12 iskander rockets launched at once...is it possible?

It's not a request concert or Noviy god. What target would need so mane islanders hitting at the same time? Why would they shoot at the same time instead of one by one, correcting if needed or double-tapping first responders?

GarryB, GunshipDemocracy, BliTTzZ and Yugo90 like this post

Sujoy
    Sujoy

Post  Sujoy Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:19 pm

flamming_python wrote:Tanks are needed for advances. Infantry can't go anywhere without them. What if you come across a bunker, or a sniper in an apartment, or another tank, or an IFV?
    But Russia has a massive fleet of transport helicopters that can ferry infantry isn't it. They don't need to be send by roads.

Su 25 and armed UAVs can effectively neutralize enemy tanks, bunkers and snipers before the infantry is send.

kvs, GunshipDemocracy, Hole, Yugo90 and Broski like this post

Odin of Ossetia
    Odin of Ossetia

Post  Odin of Ossetia Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:32 pm

Walther von Oldenburg wrote:There NEEDS to be a public trial once the war is over. Preferably with judges from neutral countries.

Everybody just needs to see that.

If that happens those guilty will either end up being set free or will get very lenient sentences.

Where were the public trials for this?

http://asaland.proboards.com/thread/460/land-zamosc-zamojszczyzna-1942-1944

And you Germans now are nicely covering it up, erasing it from both history or memory, attempting to look like it was a "mass adoption" but forgot that 10 000 ethnic Polish children were murdered by the Germans, together with their ethnic Ukrainian collaborators.

There was no justice back then, I doubt there will be justice now.

Germans never even paid any real compensation for this.

Last edited by Odin of Ossetia on Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

GarryB, franco, GunshipDemocracy and Ispan like this post

LMFS
    LMFS

Post  LMFS Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:34 pm

I am reading the cauldron in Mariupol has been split and the nazis have been displaced to the industrial quarters, do you have confirmation of that?

Regarding Izyum, I was going to post the briefing Hole posted. With Kamenka cleared, the Russian forces can finally join the battle for Slavyansk and Kramatorsk. So the news are indeed very relevant

Last edited by LMFS on Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

GarryB, franco, d_taddei2, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, GunshipDemocracy, BliTTzZ and like this post

owais.usmani

Post  owais.usmani Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:35 pm

Isos wrote:Impressive. S-400 is firing 90° upwards.

How come it came so close to Sevastopol in the first place??? S-400 should have shot down the drone at least a 100 km away from the city.
    ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:39 pm

Hole wrote:

It was stated by the Russian MoD that the Buk-M1 launcher was hit by an Iskander.

Where? scratch
    LMFS
    LMFS

Post  LMFS Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:41 pm

Russian Defense Ministry
    🇷🇺🇺🇦 Russian Defense Ministry briefing (26.03.2022)

❗ ️Units of the Russian Armed Forces are fighting for the capture of the village of Novomikhailovka.

◽ During the day's fighting, more than 30 servicemen of the 54th mechanized brigade of the Ukrainian Armed Forces, 6 armored vehicles and a field artillery battery of the 46th separate assault battalion were destroyed.

◽ The offensive continues on the long-term strongholds in Novoselovka and NOVOBAKHMUTOVKA, which are well-fortified with concrete structures.

◽ ️ Up to 50 were destroyed in this direction Ukrainian servicemen of the 25th separate airborne brigade. 7 long-term firing points and 5 armored objects in protected shelters were suppressed.

Duringthe day, operational-tactical and army aircraft hit 91 military facilities in Ukraine.
    Among them: two command posts, 11 field depots with weapons and ammunition, two electronic warfare stations, as well as 20 strongholds of units of the Ukrainian armed forces and 52 areas of concentration of military equipment.

💥 Russian air defense systems shot down a Ukrainian Mi-24 helicopter in the air over the village of STARAYA Basan.

💥Destroyed during the day three Ukrainian unmanned aerial vehicles over Balakleya, KIEV, CHERNIHIV. One Ukrainian unmanned aerial vehicle approaching SEVASTOPOL in the airspace over the Black Sea was also destroyed.

📊 Since the beginning of the special military operation, 271 unmanned aerial vehicles, 1,627 tanks and other armored combat vehicles, 167 multiple launch rocket systems, 669 field artillery and mortar guns, as well as 1,474 units of special military vehicles have been destroyed.

❗In recent days, many Russian citizens have received fake phone calls, in which the voice of the answering machine reported that they were allegedly called to the military commissariat.

◽ ️I want to emphasize that all such calls are made from the territory of Ukraine and are a provocation of the Ukrainian specialservices.

❗ ️I officially declare that the Russian Defense Ministry does not conduct or plan any calls to the military commissariats of citizens who are in reserve.

GarryB, franco, d_taddei2, magnumcromagnon, Airbornewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs and like this post

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:41 pm

LMFS wrote:I am reading the cauldron in Mariupol has been split and the nazis have been displaced to the industrial quarters, do you have confirmation of that?

Regarding Izyum, I was going to post the briefing Hole posted. With Kamenka cleared, the Russian forces can finally join the battle for Slavyansk and Kramatorsk. So the news are indeed very relevant

https://t.me/boris_rozhin/36778

According to Basurin the Azov maggots have been pushed out of the residential areas and are now in the industrial zone.

GarryB, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, BliTTzZ, LMFS, Yugo90 and Broski like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:42 pm

Sujoy wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:Tanks are needed for advances. Infantry can't go anywhere without them. What if you come across a bunker, or a sniper in an apartment, or another tank, or an IFV?
    But Russia has a massive fleet of transport helicopters that can ferry infantry isn't it.  They don't need to be send by roads.

Su 25 and armed UAVs can effectively neutralize enemy tanks, bunkers and snipers before the infantry is send.

Su-25s can only hit what they can see

The enemy is adapt at camouflaging and hiding their positions

Mi-8s are vulnerable, the Ukrainians still have a bunch of anti-air systems running around with their radars off and hard to track, but the choppers can avoid detection from NATO radars if they fly low. There are however HMG, autocannon positions and so on I'd imagine, as well as a cupious amount of MANPADs. There's also the problem of getting vehicles across. Just infantry without IFVs and tanks can be quickly assaulted and thrown into disarray.

GarryB and BliTTzZ like this post

ucmvulcan
    ucmvulcan

Post  ucmvulcan Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:52 pm

kvs wrote:
    LMFS wrote:I am reading the cauldron in Mariupol has been split and the nazis have been displaced to the industrial quarters, do you have confirmation of that?

According to Basurin the Azov maggots have been pushed out of the residential areas and are now in the industrial zone.

If this is true, then every single bomber from Tu-22 to Tu-95 to Tu-160 needs to be launching strikes and reduce that part of the city to rubble. The civilians are safe, now roast some Nazis.

GarryB, magnumcromagnon, BliTTzZ, Hole and Yugo90 like this post

Yugo90

Post  Yugo90 Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:57 pm

ucmvulcan wrote:
    kvs wrote:

If this is true, then every single bomber from Tu-22 to Tu-95 to Tu-160 needs to be launching strikes and reduce that part of the city to rubble.  The civilians are safe, now roast some Nazis.
    That is 100 %

GarryB likes this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:00 pm

Hole wrote:
    And maybe they wanted to keep that little nasty surprise for the day NATO does something real stupid.

That is sure.
    Just take a look at the all materials we already have.
    They do not use new hardware.
    Besides the stuff that is so common already that there is no way to exclude them, the battle is fought with the second echelon of equipment.
    We hardly witness the stuff that is common in Syria.
    How many T-90s were even there? scratch
    A Typhoon-K from Peter on a road was a real fiesta!
    They obviously keep the gear for a serious shit.
    It won't happened, but ... just keep it.

As you have said, they could easily strike 1000 cruise missiles in the early hour. They did not by purpose.

As the Mariopol pot is closing to the end, we can make some conclusions already, and Grozny 1999/2000 is the best match for it.

First, the whole Grozny garrison was estimated at max 5k men.
    The involved force from the FR was 20k+ (23k including Chechen forces)

The whole battle lasted for almost 6 weeks.

At the very end, about 2000 men escaped the city - some claims that it was a special operation to rush them into predestined minefields.

Now, we face a 15k garrison battled by approx. 10k forces.
    The whole battle took 3 weeks till now.

Watch the results, and answer to yourself, did they learned the lesson or not.

GarryB, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, zepia, GunshipDemocracy, Ispan, BliTTzZ and like this post

Airbornewolf
    Airbornewolf

Post  Airbornewolf Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:03 pm

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #8 - Page 14 Russia15

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #8 - Page 14 Russia16

GarryB, d_taddei2, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, kvs, zepia, GunshipDemocracy and like this post

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:04 pm

ucmvulcan wrote:
    kvs wrote:

If this is true, then every single bomber from Tu-22 to Tu-95 to Tu-160 needs to be launching strikes and reduce that part of the city to rubble.  The civilians are safe, now roast some Nazis.

There were reports of hundreds of hostages being moved to the Azov Stal plant a couple of weeks ago. They would have to be fed,
    but I would not exclude the Azov terrorists using human shields everywhere they hide their asses.

GarryB, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, BliTTzZ, LMFS, Yugo90 and Broski like this post

ArgentinaGuard

Post  ArgentinaGuard Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:05 pm

The bastard of Biden calling to overthrow Putin in Russia. This guy is sick.

GarryB, Werewolf, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, GunshipDemocracy, BliTTzZ, Yugo90 and like this post

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:10 pm

When people try to use their cell phones in Donetsk in regime controlled parts, the regime forces starts shelling their position.    So people have to
    get their information about evacuation from radio if they can catch the transmission.

Last edited by kvs on Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

BliTTzZ and LMFS like this post

ucmvulcan
    ucmvulcan

Post  ucmvulcan Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:10 pm

ArgentinaGuard wrote:The bastard of Biden calling to overthrow Putin in Russia. This guy is sick.

Methinks he is not going to enjoy election day too much. Food prices and empty shelves at the grocery store, housing crisis, and ballooning gas prices and his failings at doing anything to stop COVID strongly point to a dominant GOP victory. The good news is he is probably done as the government will be even more insanely gridlocked starting in January 2023. The problem is that the GOP is even more psychotic on military policy than the Dumbocraps.

Werewolf, d_taddei2, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, BliTTzZ, miketheterrible, Hole and like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:10 pm

ArgentinaGuard wrote:The bastard of Biden calling to overthrow Putin in Russia. This guy is sick.

"Putin must go"

Well that sort of line didn't work out too well over the last 10 years

GarryB, Werewolf, Big_Gazza, ALAMO, GunshipDemocracy, BliTTzZ, owais.usmani and like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:13 pm

kvs wrote:
    ucmvulcan wrote:
    kvs wrote:

There were reports of hundreds of hostages being moved to the Azov Stal plant a couple of weeks ago.   They would have to be fed,
    but I would not exclude the Azov terrorists using human shields everywhere they hide their asses.

It was fake news I think. All the workers stopped working there at the end of February, the city was effectively encircled anyway and nothing left to do there

Looks like there won't be an evacuation of the Azovites. They might have one last chance to surrender, otherwise they'll be melted by Buratinos probably. I hope they decide to save their lives and accept capitulation, better that way.
    Erdogan is restarting the war in Karabakh in retaliation, and the armed forces of Abkhazia just mobilized, so the Georgians could be making a move too.

GunshipDemocracy and Yugo90 like this post

Autodestruct

Post  Autodestruct Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:16 pm

owais.usmani wrote:
    Isos wrote:Impressive. S-400 is firing 90° upwards.

How come it came so close to Sevastopol in the first place??? S-400 should have shot down the drone at least a 100 km away from the city.

Russian air defense is being very careful to make sure it is a valid target. Russia is being subjected to complete demonization. The last thing they need is to shoot down some business jet or something like that which is off course and not answering comms.

GarryB, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, GunshipDemocracy, BliTTzZ, Yugo90, Mir and Broski like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 10:16 pm