Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+75
sentinel112
billybatts91
medo
AlfaT8
nero
Hannibal Barca
Krepost
Giulio
diabetus
Broski
0nillie0
RTN
teh_beard
ATLASCUB
Karl Haushofer
Kiko
lyle6
Yugo90
Boshoed
Singular_Transform
pavi
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
Mir
lancelot
Azi
GarryB
Big_Gazza
Isos
TMA1
Dr.Snufflebug
crod
Erk
Stealthflanker
Urluber
magnumcromagnon
adder
auslander
Sujoy
Odin of Ossetia
miketheterrible
Fred333
ArgentinaGuard
Rodion_Romanovic
Ispan
kvs
Arrow
mnztr
par far
Scorpius
franco
ALAMO
GunshipDemocracy
mavaff
ludovicense
Serberus
mnrck
walle83
Arkanghelsk
VARGR198
ucmvulcan
Hole
SeigSoloyvov
Autodestruct
Werewolf
LMFS
Walther von Oldenburg
JohninMK
Regular
Airbornewolf
d_taddei2
owais.usmani
Eugenio Argentina
Podlodka77
flamming_python
Firebird
79 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #8

mnrck
    mnrck

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #8 - Page 27 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #8

Post  mnrck Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:11 pm

Podlodka77 wrote:The West seems to be trying to shut down the internet portals of other countries, not only Russia, because the MILITARY WATCH MAGAZINE has also been shut down.
    I followed the publications of that magazine until a few days ago, until it was shut down, and I saw that they wrote about the great losses of the Ukrainian army. That obviously bothered the West.
    I still can access the website in Microsoft Edge normally but not with Waterfox.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #8 - Page 27 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #8

Post  flamming_python Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:16 pm

Serberus wrote:A couple of small scale ambushes in Kahrkov and Sumy, occupying an uncontested village in Kherson and a failed counter attack near Kiev can hardly be called “striking back in many places”

Feel free to provide evidence to the contrary

They did take a bunch of Russian prisoners near Kharkov, to be fair (and killed them)

Yugo90 likes this post

Podlodka77
    Podlodka77

Post  Podlodka77 Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:18 pm

diabetus wrote:
    Podlodka77 wrote:MOSCOW, March 28. /TASS/.

Russian aviation and air defense forces shot down five aircraft of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, including a Su-27 fighter, in a day.
    Igor Konashenkov, spokesman for the Russian Defense Ministry, told reporters about this on Monday.

"Aviation and air defense systems of the Russian Aerospace Forces shot down four Su-24 aircraft of the Ukrainian Air Force over the Chernihiv region in a day in the air, two of them in the Repka region, and two more in the Gorodnya region. In the Kramatorsk region of the Donetsk region one Ukrainian Su-27 fighter was shot down," he said

https://tass.ru/armiya-i-opk/14200517

Where are they getting fuel from?

They can also get fuel across the western border. Ukraine is a large country. Don't forget that far smaller Serbia saved 5 of its MiG-29s after 78 days of NATO aggression, even though NATO said that all planes of that type were destroyed.

magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, kvs and Yugo90 like this post

mnrck
    mnrck

Post  mnrck Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:23 pm

diabetus wrote:

Russian aviation and air defense forces shot down five aircraft of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, including a Su-27 fighter, in a day.
    Igor Konashenkov, spokesman for the Russian Defense Ministry, told reporters about this on Monday.

"Aviation and air defense systems of the Russian Aerospace Forces shot down four Su-24 aircraft of the Ukrainian Air Force over the Chernihiv region in a day in the air, two of them in the Repka region, and two more in the Gorodnya region. In the Kramatorsk region of the Donetsk region one Ukrainian Su-27 fighter was shot down," he said

I think jet fuel is not much a problem for now, just wondering why Ukraine Air Force thinks it is a good idea to bring five targets in the air for shooting practice.

GarryB, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, auslander, Yugo90 and Mir like this post

Podlodka77
    Podlodka77

Post  Podlodka77 Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:39 pm

mnrck wrote:
    diabetus wrote:

I think jet fuel is not much a problem for now, just wondering why Ukraine Air Force thinks it is a good idea to bring five targets in the air for shooting practice.

That is, in fact, great, because in that way, Ukraine will definitely shut down its own air force. I repeat again that the "indestructible" NATO Pact in Serbia, which is 7 times smaller in area than Ukraine and has far fewer airports, failed to completely destroy the Serbian Air Force. Dozens and dozens of helicopters, as well as dozens of J-22 Orao, MiG-21 and 5 MiG-29 planes survived the NATO aggression.

GarryB, d_taddei2, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza and Yugo90 like this post

mavaff
    mavaff

Post  mavaff Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:45 pm

Podlodka77 wrote:The West seems to be trying to shut down the internet portals of other countries, not only Russia, because the MILITARY WATCH MAGAZINE has also been shut down.
    I followed the publications of that magazine until a few days ago, until it was shut down, and I saw that they wrote about the great losses of the Ukrainian army. That obviously bothered the West.

It's likely the usual block at DNS level, easy to bypass. PM me if you need help on how to do it.

Urluber likes this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:47 pm

mnrck wrote:

They are desperate.
    Both mentioned regions are located along the UKR/BEL/RUS border. Gomel airport is not far away. Maybe they wanted to do something spectacular. A kamikaze attack Laughing
    Serberus
    Serberus

Post  Serberus Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:50 pm

flamming_python wrote:
    Serberus wrote:A couple of small scale ambushes in Kahrkov and Sumy, occupying an uncontested village in Kherson and a failed counter attack near Kiev can hardly be called “striking back in many places”

Feel free to provide evidence to the contrary

They did take a bunch of Russian prisoners near Kharkov, to be fair (and killed them)

I mentioned Kharkov.  There is no Army in the world that would not suffer casualties, ambushes and pow’s on a front this large , operation this complicated, and a numerous opponent trained armed and supported by the west for years… Their supplies are dwindling, the eastern front in pressed, the areas secured by the Russians already are not under serious threat, thats the reality.

You're free to provide evidence to the contrary just like the last guy or join him in stfu.

Last edited by Serberus on Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

GarryB, franco, d_taddei2, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, kvs, miketheterrible and like this post

ludovicense
    ludovicense

Post  ludovicense Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:52 pm

ALAMO wrote:
    Sujoy wrote:
    Starstreak was offered to India. Failed user trials several times.

This whole "starstreak" hype is just the same insane as the previous one concerning Javs and NLAWS.
    Just looking at it is enough to judge that it is complicated to both transport and operate.
    Not sure if you are aware of it, how it works Laughing
    Well, the operator's job is to follow the target and illuminate it with a laser beam till the missile hits.
    Good luck mounting this whole structure on the dynamic battlefield Laughing
    Or try to illuminate the target with the launcher on your shoulder only Laughing Laughing

They seem much more complicated to operate. It will hardly be effective against planes but if used well they can be potentially dangerous for helicopters.

flamming_python and kvs like this post

Podlodka77
    Podlodka77

Post  Podlodka77 Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:59 pm

mavaff wrote:

It's likely the usual block at DNS level, easy to bypass. PM me if you need help on how to do it.

Now i saw that i have seen that i have MILITARY WATCH MAGAZINE on my phone but not on my computer..

GarryB likes this post

Mir
    Mir

Post  Mir Mon Mar 28, 2022 1:12 pm

diabetus wrote:

Early in the campaign Zelenski was complaining that he only gets fuel from the EU and not nearly enough weapons.

These aircraft are most likely operating from remote areas with very little in terms of supply to sustain any ops. These are "once-off" suicide missions with no chance of causing any significant damage.

GarryB likes this post

nero

Post  nero Mon Mar 28, 2022 1:25 pm

Al-Fallujah is ~30-40 sq. km. Mariupol is over 4 times that size.

Took 'em two attempts to take it over from insurgents that were a lot more lightly armed and not as organized (~73 days)

To give you people some perspective of what it takes to fight an adversary (who doesn't run away) in an urban environment. You could argue that Mariupol is even harder, because of the high-rise residential buildings generally 5-12 stories high, which are built to survive some serious damage.

Interesting reports that Kadyrov is now in Mariupol. Akhmat Sila, anyone?

Азовсталь soon to be Азовсвалка.

Last edited by nero on Mon Mar 28, 2022 1:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

Arrow, d_taddei2, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, kvs, Yugo90 and Urluber like this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Mon Mar 28, 2022 1:26 pm

Clearly a very dangerous role to play

Victor vicktop55
    @vicktop55
    ·
    4h
    Another participant in negotiations with Russia was killed in Kyiv: According to Ukrainian media, people's deputy Rustem Umerov, who was part of the delegation at the negotiations with the Russian Federation, was poisoned in Kyiv. https://t.me/vicktop55/2501 @vicktop55
    #vicktop55

GarryB, d_taddei2, magnumcromagnon, Hannibal Barca, kvs and LMFS like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Mon Mar 28, 2022 1:27 pm

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #8 - Page 27 Scree187
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #8 - Page 27 Scree188
    Strela-10 shooting.
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #8 - Page 27 Scree189
    Typical target, simple drone

GarryB, magnumcromagnon, Airbornewolf, LMFS and Urluber like this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Mon Mar 28, 2022 1:29 pm

nero wrote:
    Interesting reports that Kadyrov is now in Mariupol. Akhmat Sila, anyone?

He is.
    Just made an entrance with general Mordviechev.
    https://t.me/mig41/15645

Mr. general looks fresh as for 2 weeks old body I would say, as he was stated killed March 15th Laughing Laughing Laughing

This Ukro propaganda is something beyond logic.

GarryB, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, kvs, miketheterrible, LMFS, Hole and like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Mon Mar 28, 2022 1:29 pm

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #8 - Page 27 Scree192
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #8 - Page 27 Scree190
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #8 - Page 27 Scree191

GarryB, d_taddei2, magnumcromagnon, Airbornewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs, LMFS and like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Mon Mar 28, 2022 1:30 pm

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #8 - Page 27 Fo4evc10

Regular, magnumcromagnon, Airbornewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs, zepia, miketheterrible and like this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Mon Mar 28, 2022 1:30 pm

What is this being set up?

d_taddei2, magnumcromagnon, Hannibal Barca, LMFS, Urluber and Podlodka77 like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Mon Mar 28, 2022 1:31 pm

Earlier Arestovich called for witches to conduct rituals for the victory of their troops
    https://t.me/dixi_devil/516

Seems Russian soldiers found the equipment of such a 'witch' in the Donbass region
    https://t.me/chvkmedia/32853

Well, it looks harmless, but either way it's some sort of satanism, which is associated with neo-paganism and neo-nazis of all stripes.

Really looks like all the scum of the world have aligned here in the Ukraine over the last 8 years.

GarryB, Big_Gazza, Yugo90, TMA1 and ucmvulcan like this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Mon Mar 28, 2022 1:35 pm

JohninMK wrote:What is this being set up?

A mobile satcom antenna.
    R-4.... something if I remember Laughing

Big_Gazza, kvs, JohninMK, LMFS and Urluber like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Mon Mar 28, 2022 1:41 pm

The soldiers want to watch football. Very Happy

For all those talking about "counter-attacks" and bla bla, read this:

https://sonar21.com/de-militarization-of-ukraine/

franco, magnumcromagnon, kvs, LMFS, lancelot and Podlodka77 like this post

Eugenio Argentina
    Eugenio Argentina

Post  Eugenio Argentina Mon Mar 28, 2022 1:45 pm

I had commented on the note about the actions of the Russian fleet in Ukraine, but I see that my publication does not appear.
    I don't know what it is due to.
    d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Post  d_taddei2 Mon Mar 28, 2022 1:53 pm

Apologies for being off topic. But in the last 48hrs the forum has been acting strange for me, it keeps logging me out after 10 seconds or when I click on to the next page. My password is saved, and login is automatic. Any ideas?
    Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Mon Mar 28, 2022 1:58 pm

What ? A military antenna for secured communication ? Impossible. US said they used civilian talkie-walkies and smartphones.

GarryB, d_taddei2, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, kvs, zepia, JohninMK and like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Mon Mar 28, 2022 2:01 pm

A local Nazi's home raided in Berdyansk. Big figure in the 'Aidar' battalion. He himself is still at large
    https://t.me/intelslava/23788

Some more shit found in Berdyansk. Including a 'Gagarinstrasse' road sign. Might have been from the Nazi's home
    https://t.me/boris_rozhin/37263

Russian soldier alleges that Ukrainian troops are targeting ambulances. Can't vouch for it of course
    https://t.me/new_militarycolumnist/78500

Ukrainian Spetsnaz moving around in civilian vehicles, there are a lot of such photos and videos over the past few days. It seems the Ukrainian military is moving more towards insurgency from conventional fighting. There were reports that some Ukrainian soldiers dressed in civilian clothes, got to their destination unharassed by Russian troops, then changed into their gear and engaged in their mission.
    https://t.me/new_militarycolumnist/78478

Kadyrov posing with General Mordvichev in Mariupol, who was declared as KIA by the Ukrainian media
    https://t.me/istorijaoruzija/49085

Ukrainian soldier captured seems to be high on something. He is in a good mood at least, says he's being treated well
    https://t.me/intelslava/23748

Woman found dead and mutilated in Mariupol school basement. Had a swastika painted on her midriff in her own blood, and missing an arm

Also was a photo of some prohibited munition used by Azov. Can't vouch for it, but it seems to be a zoo of war-crimes and prohibited methods of war in the Ukraine, everything goes as the West will ignore it. So wouldn't surprise me.

GarryB, Regular, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs and Urluber like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 2:27 am