Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+75
sentinel112
billybatts91
medo
AlfaT8
nero
Hannibal Barca
Krepost
Giulio
diabetus
Broski
0nillie0
RTN
teh_beard
ATLASCUB
Karl Haushofer
Kiko
lyle6
Yugo90
Boshoed
Singular_Transform
pavi
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
Mir
lancelot
Azi
GarryB
Big_Gazza
Isos
TMA1
Dr.Snufflebug
crod
Erk
Stealthflanker
Urluber
magnumcromagnon
adder
auslander
Sujoy
Odin of Ossetia
miketheterrible
Fred333
ArgentinaGuard
Rodion_Romanovic
Ispan
kvs
Arrow
mnztr
par far
Scorpius
franco
ALAMO
GunshipDemocracy
mavaff
ludovicense
Serberus
mnrck
walle83
Arkanghelsk
VARGR198
ucmvulcan
Hole
SeigSoloyvov
Autodestruct
Werewolf
LMFS
Walther von Oldenburg
JohninMK
Regular
Airbornewolf
d_taddei2
owais.usmani
Eugenio Argentina
Podlodka77
flamming_python
Firebird
79 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #8

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #8 - Page 7 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #8

Post  flamming_python Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:39 pm

LMFS wrote:
    Fully agree, such artificial country is doomed like a house built over a tectonic fault, not to talk about it being an antirussian device from its inception. Western part (the real one, not the one created through indoctrination) can be a neutral, non ideological and demilitarized region loosely associated to the West, that is Galicia. The rest is Russian in the broad sense of the term since the times of the Rus and has no future as some tool of the West.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #8 - Page 7 Scale_1200

No it's a real thing. Ukrainians as a people have long existed, and the idea of a Ukrainian national state was around in the Russian Empire, encouraged after the Polish revolt in 1861 began and with Polish agitation about the re-establishment of the Polish-Lithuanian commonwealth. It was more a fringe intellectual movement at the time, but Ukrainians, the Ukrainian language, etc.. were all real

The trouble really began in 1991. The Galicians, the far Western Ukrainians, assumed control over ideology and nation-building, and spread their vile anti-Russian identity to the rest of the country with school education, political technologies, etc.. but this stuff and associated nationalists were not in overall command until 2014, until then they were used more as a tool and looked upon as a bit funky by the rest of the Ukraine.

Here Russia is at fault too, for taking the Crimea and thereby presenting itself as a threat, but that was kind of unavoidable. The Maidan shitheads only cemented themselves and their presentation of reality from then on.

BliTTzZ dislikes this post

Erk
    Erk

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #8 - Page 7 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #8

Post  Erk Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:45 pm

LMFS wrote:Shown in the Polish TV:

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #8 - Page 7 Photo_2022-03-25_06-31-47

https://en.topwar.ru/193936-polskoe-televidenie-pokazalo-kartu-razdela-ukrainy.html

Don't these Poles realize that taking ANY of Ukraine, is clearly moving NATO eastwards which is a red line for Russia?

GarryB, magnumcromagnon, GunshipDemocracy, BliTTzZ, Hole, Mir, Broski and Podlodka77 like this post

crod
    crod

Post  crod Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:46 pm

flamming_python wrote:
    Arrow wrote:Given the very tough fights in Mariupol, will Russia capture Odessa and Kharkiv?  These are much larger cities.  There will be huge losses of both military and civilian .  So what could be the future of Russia?  Currently, they are unable to overthrow the government in Kiev or capture Kharkiv or Odessa? Unless they reckon with huge losses.In addition, large damage to the city infrastructure.

Latest news I heard is that Russia won't try to capture cities outside the DNR/LNR

Rather it's removing the Ukrainian military's ability to fight and is focused on giving it no option other than to capitulate

One wonders if that can be seen as a victory or even doable. From the outside it looks like Russia failed to take any major city.
    The entire thing looks like a cluster **** from start to finish and has now left Russia completely isolated from the world. It underestimated at every turn: the Ukrainian response and capabilities, the scope of international sanctions and the resolve of the West. I’ve no idea how many are dead but was it worth it? Were 5 generals really killed? Problems run deep it would appear in the Russian military apparatus. What a mess. And here’s the thing, if the reports are accurate re scaling back ops, the Ukrainian military have more than enough anti armour and other weapons plus a shed load other support coming to them to wreak havoc in those sooner to be annexed districts.
    What a bloody shambles. It can not be sold as anything but.

***Auslander, as a parent you have my deepest sympathy on the loss of your children***

auslander likes this post

BliTTzZ dislikes this post

Airbornewolf
    Airbornewolf

Post  Airbornewolf Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:50 pm

flamming_python wrote:
    par far wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:Apparently Macron together with Turkey and Greece are organizing an evacuation mission for 'anyone willing' from Mariupol, and Macron will meet with Putin about it over the next 2-3 days

Well I don't think Azov will hold out another 2-3 days. But sure, they can lay down their arms, go to the port and wait to be picked up if they wish. Don't see the problem, if it means more lives and infrastructure can be saved

Azov and Nazis won't be allowed to leave, they need to stand for their war crimes.

Yeah I get that too

And that Azov will likely just be redeployed back to the Ukraine after a rest. There is no santiation zone for these types like in Idlib as yet.

The city is mostly destroyed now as they refused to leave when offered initially.

And now that the damage is done and lives lost, Macron swoops in with the offer

I dunno. It could still save Russian/DNR soldiers lives, civilian lives, and lessen the cost of reconstruction. And could open the door for more such deals later on. As the West is starting to come around to the idea of a negotiated settlement with Russia over the Ukraine.

Well, I'll leave it up to Putin. His call

None of the Nazi's will survive, even if it would cost me my life.

Where the **** did this Defeatism drivel came from!?.

Values and Morals do not come for free, they are paid in blood.
    mind you, 1351 Russian troops and counting so far.

27 million casualties in world war 2.
    Surrender or negotiation is unacceptable. only complete subjugation and surrender off the Ukrainian side.

I will not let anyone defile the memory's of the soviet troops of world war 2 with "convenient" deals now.
    Nazi's are Nazi's, they need to be purged.
    No exceptions.

Last edited by Airbornewolf on Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

GarryB, Firebird, Werewolf, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, auslander, zepia and like this post

Dr.Snufflebug

Post  Dr.Snufflebug Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:55 pm

Russia counted on the "international" reaction (EU/US sphere), hence the sanction-proofing over the past half decade.

They aren't taking major cities because that's not the plan. They're destroying the UA military, it's a pacification. For now.

GarryB, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, kvs, BliTTzZ, LMFS, Yugo90 and like this post

d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Post  d_taddei2 Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:03 pm

d_taddei2 wrote:
    SeigSoloyvov wrote:Wrong again dumbass. I just checked Wikipedia and my figures are not the same. Do some research. Your credibility on this forum is nil your were proved to be a fraud, so anything u say carries no Weight. The Merc figure was provided my western media and Ukraine the actual numbers we will never know and the level of professionalism we will never know all we know is that they are running away and dying. But I guess u being Mr green beret know it and will tell us the right figure lol!

Border guards wasn't included in army numbers. U have never been to Ukraine, I have been multiple times police are everywhere in metro system your also tripping over them you think with a population of Ukraine has that the police force numbers are big (which clearly u haven't understood)  lol! Clearly dumb.

And u got your figures straight out of your ass made up in that lying head of yours.

The national guard u think is at 20k now come don't get more dumb it was higher than that before the war.

Biggest dumb thing u did was failed to count the reserves, and the forced conscription.

And failed to remember when the prime minister signed a decree to increase armed forces years ago bringing the national guard and armed forces total to 360,000 (that's without territorial defence forces or border guards)

But you claim my figures are false maybe you can show me why they are wrong show me the evidence.

Had I provided a Russian source u would try to say it bias, post a Ukrainian or western media source u say the same, u turn things to whenever it suits u. Well I provided a UN source that's as about neutral source your going to get on the internet.

Many on here know you as the Walter Mitty of the forum who was caught lying and has zero credibility a sort of jester of the forum is the more fitting role for u on the forum.

Your bitter because USA who u clearly worship had failed all its military campaigns and killed more civilians than Russian campaigns ever did. And the USA had went from being run by trump to a senile corrupted democrat who's closest ally is a fat clown in downing Street. USA has become a laughing stock.

Your denial of Ukrainian numbers is troll like. If you really think Ukrainian combined forces at best (as you clearly stated) is at 330k then your severely addicted to the crack pipe. The Kiev post(news rag) had already confirmed that before forced conscription that 100,000 volunteers had joined the territorial defence forces.

Even CNN a d Reuters did articles saying Ukrainian combined forces at 360k (more than your at best figure) and around 900k combined reservists.

And let's not forget these forces were given 8yrs training by NATO forces, 8yrs to dig in, and billions in aid, weapons Inc anti tank and MANPADS. And slowly crumbling. Russia hasn't deployed it's full force or its reservists, and of course no border guards or police obviously in Ukraine.

Another point

As for police forces, one thing I have noticed in the ex Soviet countries I have been to they all have a high number of police forces, I put this down to most have a president who is corrupt and needs a large police force to maintain public order and it's also a hark back to the Soviet era where they had high police numbers. Police forces tend not to be based on landmass but rather population. Taking two ex Soviet large countries
    Ukraine and Kazakhstan although the latters landmass is majority uninhabited, the population of Ukraine at around 40-43m depending on sources and Kazakhstan at around 20m. Kazakhstan some years ago reduced it's police force by 10% bringing down to around 84k

"Kasymov said that once the cutbacks had been implemented, there would be 424 policemen per 100,000 citizens, instead of the current 471. This would bring Kazakhstan closer to the United Nations-recommended ratio of 300 policemen per 100,000 citizens, he said."

And just out of interest if we applied the same formula on Ukraine
    Let's say population of 41m and use the 300/100k formula
    = 123,000 police so actually it's pretty accurate.

And let's not forget Ukraine increased is police recruitment after 2014. Which anyone would expect due to the circumstances.

https://eurasianet.org/kazakhstan-cuts-police-numbers-turns-to-public-for-help

In 2006, an analysis by the United Nations indicates an approximate median of 300 police officers per 100,000 inhabitants. Only nine countries disclosed values lower than 100 officers per 100,000 inhabitants. The highest median of police officers – around 400 – was observed in West Asia, Eastern and Southern Europe The median of police officers per population remained stable between 2002 and 2006, after an increase between 1995 and 2002

https://www.unodc.org/unodc/en/data-and-analysis/Tenth-CTS-full.html

Enough said. Just because you don't want to accept figures and just because the figure u want it to be isn't what it is. Doesn't mean it's not real.

For me I don't care about the numbers, good quality and well supported troops are easily turn the tide of battle to a larger force which are untrained and poorly equipped. Having large numbers can slow things down only but it won't win the war. And let's face it zelensky has blood on his hands for sending untrained poorly equipped civilians into this war.

I only need to point out one fact to disprove all of your BS here.

You are taking Kazakhstan and trying to apply that to Ukraine when they are different countries and there is ABSOUTELLETY NO statistics to support Ukraine is running the same model.

Basically, you are making up figures which is a lie. So no "dumbass" You lied and your numbers are inaccurate and based upon, the knowledge you do not have and made up and yes your number are the same, depends which wiki you are using I guess.

Lol the Kiev post that is your source? xD that's a dam joke, like I wouldm't trust a thing that comes from  Keiv government paper.

Are you that ignorant? so you believe them when it suits you but then don't when it doesn't. You know there is a term for that and its not a nice one.

Ah so because I am from the west, I am salty, that's all people like you can resort it when your BS gets called out isn't it "because he is from the west, he mad therefore he wrong and I am right"

What a childish thing to say, where I am from has no bearing on the facts. I didn't lie you did, I didn't make up numbers based upon how a separate sovereign state is running their shit, you did. I did not take clearly propaganda from a Keiv backed newspaper which is clearly designed to make the civis believe all well have fact, YOU DID.

You want me to believe they are 20k mercs? THEN SHOW ME HARD ASS PROOF, Because has of right NOW NONE EXISTENTS TO SUPPORT THAT CLAIM.

So naw buddy, you made the fool of yourself not me

You really need to educate yourself. U have never been to or understand ex Soviet countries as I clearly stated that is the model they do. Not only that but I already provided the evidence but as always u being a Walter Mitty and forum jester don't want to read the facts. The UN statement I made your free to go check out the statistics. When you u will find Ukraine at the time had 152,000 police with around 13,000 of that admin staff. They reduced the figure after the UN statement down to 120,000. Links are there. Go do your research I did. Ukraine at the time had around 390 per 100k citizens. But I guess your going to call the UN liars while u with zero knowledge, zero credibility, zero common sense, and is a known liar, the your numbers are factual.

As for the Merc number multiple media sources stated 16-20k unless you have a factual number or evidence to counter that then I guess u have zero argument. All we know is that those mercs are dying  including UK and USA John Rambos. And running scared.  Even Reuters did articles on it u know that pro USA rag.

Your figures came out your ass. And it's not because your a westerner, I am a westerner, the reason u got it wrong was because Ur a dumbass, and a compulsive liar.

Everyone knows Ur credibility is zero. After being caught out with Ur BS and lies. I will never forgive or forget that your a Walter Mitty.

The only person who made a fool of themselves was u. Provided zero evidence, instead provided numbers out of Ur lying ass. Never been to any ex Soviet countries or understand them. While I provided links and reasonable figures as well as been to numerous ex Soviet countries multiple times. And I am not a liar or Walter Mitty. Everything I made claim to on this forum I have provided evidence pictures, videos, including me in the picture. I have no reason to lie or big myself up, or exaggerate anything. Oh and just even going by how many likes your posts get is a clear sign how creditable your comments are. lol!

Last edited by d_taddei2 on Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:37 pm; edited 2 times in total

GarryB, magnumcromagnon, Airbornewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs, BliTTzZ, Hole and like this post

magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:04 pm

LMFS wrote:Fully agree, such artificial country is doomed like a house built over a tectonic fault, not to talk about it being an antirussian device from its inception. Western part (the real one, not the one created through indoctrination) can be a neutral, non ideological and demilitarized region loosely associated to the West, that is Galicia. The rest is Russian in the broad sense of the term since the times of the Rus and has no future as some tool of the West.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #8 - Page 7 0flag_10

GarryB, Hannibal Barca, Airbornewolf, Big_Gazza, auslander, GunshipDemocracy, LMFS and like this post

TMA1
    TMA1

Post  TMA1 Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:08 pm

flamming_python wrote:
    LMFS wrote:
    Fully agree, such artificial country is doomed like a house built over a tectonic fault, not to talk about it being an antirussian device from its inception. Western part (the real one, not the one created through indoctrination) can be a neutral, non ideological and demilitarized region loosely associated to the West, that is Galicia. The rest is Russian in the broad sense of the term since the times of the Rus and has no future as some tool of the West.

No it's a real thing. Ukrainians as a people have long existed, and the idea of a Ukrainian national state was around in the Russian Empire, encouraged after the Polish revolt in 1861 began and with Polish agitation about the re-establishment of the Polish-Lithuanian commonwealth. It was more a fringe intellectual movement at the time, but Ukrainians, the Ukrainian language, etc.. were all real

The trouble really began in 1991. The Galicians, the far Western Ukrainians, assumed control over ideology and nation-building, and spread their vile anti-Russian identity to the rest of the country with school education, political technologies, etc.. but this stuff and associated nationalists were not in overall command until 2014, until then they were used more as a tool and looked upon as a bit funky by the rest of the Ukraine.

Here Russia is at fault too, for taking the Crimea and thereby presenting itself as a threat, but that was kind of unavoidable. The Maidan shitheads only cemented themselves and their presentation of reality from then on.

It is hard to say Russia is at fault for taking Crimea as it has vital army and especially navy presence protecting it's underbelly. Russia was already paying Ukraine for using the bases but with the western powers essentially taking control of Ukraine the russkies didn't have a lot of options. If say Cuba started talking about retaking Guantanamo bay I'd hope my country's leaders had the balls to push the Cubans back.

magnumcromagnon dislikes this post

crod
    crod

Post  crod Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:12 pm

Dr.Snufflebug wrote:Russia counted on the "international" reaction (EU/US sphere), hence the sanction-proofing over the past half decade.

They aren't taking major cities because that's not the plan. They're destroying the UA military, it's a pacification. For now.

Then why were they attempting to break into Kiev et al. It looks like shifting goal posts to me. They’ve taken a hiding around the cities with news of some towns being retaken. The entire thing looks illplanned to me. Went too far with poor logistics, got stretched and met with very stiff resistance from a very determined and committed defence force.
    Sanctions factored in? It’s causing re hardship for the Russian people and industry. Even Chinese industry pulling out of some projects. If you can’t see the long term hurt here you never will. I’m sure the Chinese will re-enter on those projects once the heat is off but the West won’t be too quick and it will hasten the need to remove dependency upon Russian gas.
    The other irony is that the actor come president had an approval rating in the low 20s before this but now enjoys somewhere in the 80s and will be seen as the hero of the Ukrainian people and nation. They are emboldened now which makes them even more dangerous and capable.

Big_Gazza, BliTTzZ and Podlodka77 dislike this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:13 pm

crod wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:
    Arrow wrote:Given the very tough fights in Mariupol, will Russia capture Odessa and Kharkiv?  These are much larger cities.  There will be huge losses of both military and civilian .  So what could be the future of Russia?  Currently, they are unable to overthrow the government in Kiev or capture Kharkiv or Odessa? Unless they reckon with huge losses.In addition, large damage to the city infrastructure.

Latest news I heard is that Russia won't try to capture cities outside the DNR/LNR

Rather it's removing the Ukrainian military's ability to fight and is focused on giving it no option other than to capitulate

One wonders if that can be seen as a victory or even doable. From the outside it looks like Russia failed to take any major city.
    The entire thing looks like a cluster **** from start to finish and has now left Russia completely isolated from the world. It underestimated at every turn: the Ukrainian response and capabilities, the scope of international sanctions and the resolve of the West. I’ve no idea how many are dead but was it worth it? Were 5 generals really killed? Problems run deep it would appear in the Russian military apparatus. What a mess. And here’s the thing, if the reports are accurate re scaling back ops, the Ukrainian military have more than enough anti armour and other weapons plus a shed load other support coming to them to wreak havoc in those sooner to be annexed districts.
    What a bloody shambles. It can not be sold as anything but.

***Auslander, as a parent you have my deepest sympathy on the loss of your children***

Isolated from who, the West?

So what? They were already a foe and installed this regime in the Ukraine in the first place

The rest of the world is not sanctioning Russia. Just today India welcomed the Chinese FM after refusing a British delegation a visit the other day

And although I think that taking Kharkov and Chernigov was on the cards, Russia has decided not to take them by force, for now

Yes Russia underestimated everything but it adjusted its tactics, possibly its strategy as I don't know if setting up an alternative Ukrainian government was on the cards or not

The Western sanction response meanwhile has just led to the rise of an alternative economic model for the rest of the world. They've screwed themselves more than Russia, and are already talking about the worst drops in living standards since the 50s, fuel shortages, food shortages, and so on.

And no 5 generals were not killed. We have the confirmation of 1 so far. The rest is just the same Ukrainian infowar shit that anyone who followed the 2014-2015 war will be familiar with.

Russia is conducting anti-partisan actions quite successfully in Kherson so far. I doubt there will be any major Ukrainian insurgency, and this may be part of the reason for the slow pace as well. First establish control, administration, weed out problematic elements, and then advance further.

Last edited by flamming_python on Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

GarryB and BliTTzZ like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:13 pm

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #8 - Page 7 Foutj210
    Russian MoD numbers.

"Combat ready" is propably an exaggration. We are talking about "Ukraine" here. Remember the newly build vehicles delivered to some asian countries which literally fell apart?

GarryB, flamming_python, Werewolf, d_taddei2, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, kvs and like this post

Scorpius
    Scorpius

Post  Scorpius Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:14 pm

Russia continues to work on the preparation, delivery and delivery of humanitarian aid to the civilian population of the liberated territories.

In total, 5 thousand 43 tons of basic necessities, food packages, including baby food, vital medicines and hygiene products were delivered.

617 humanitarian actions were carried out in Donetsk and Luhansk People's Republics, Kiev, Chernihiv, Sumy, Kharkiv, Zaporozhye, Kherson and Mykolaiv regions.

https://t.me/mod_russia/13582

magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, kvs, zepia, BliTTzZ, LMFS, Hole and like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:19 pm

crod wrote:
    Dr.Snufflebug wrote:Russia counted on the "international" reaction (EU/US sphere), hence the sanction-proofing over the past half decade.

Then why were they attempting to break into Kiev et al. It looks like shifting goal posts to me. They’ve taken a hiding around the cities with news of some towns being retaken. The entire thing looks illplanned to me. Went too far with poor logistics, got stretched and met with very stiff resistance from a very determined and committed defence force.
    Sanctions factored in? It’s causing re hardship for the Russian people and industry. Even Chinese industry pulling out of some projects. If you can’t see the long term hurt here you never will. I’m sure the Chinese will re-enter on those projects once the heat is off but the West won’t be too quick and it will hasten the need to remove dependency upon Russian gas.
    The other irony is that the actor come president had an approval rating in the low 20s before this but now enjoys somewhere in the 80s and will be seen as the hero of the Ukrainian people and nation. They are emboldened now which makes them even more dangerous and capable.

Who says they were attempting to break into Kiev

You'd need a lot more than what they came with to break into Kiev

Their initial goal was to destabilize the regime, seperate the elites from one another, and seperate the military from the political leadership. Hence why they set up camp around Kiev.

That all failed.

We don't know of any other goals. As for approval ratings and whatever, that stuff rises and falls, depends on the following events. Emboldened by an infowar campaign and some genuine good resistence, sure, but it's ultimately all futile. Now that their artillery traps have been taken out, their fuel and ammo gone, their mercs all leveled, their special forces being hunted down - what's next exactly?

If the Ukrainian military is not capable of undertaking any combat action, the reality will hit home, and then people will start to think about where to get basic necessities from. And that's the road basically to only one outcome - capitulation. And desirably without any costly city sieges or the Ukrainian military getting itself blown up in hopeless counter-offensives.

Sanctions will be tolerated by Russians, we're at war after all.
    In the West however I think a lot less people will understand why they're having to suffer such inflation and shortages, they're not at war and they barely knew anything about the Ukraine prior to the propaganda campaign.

And what poor logistics? Are you for real? That's just more Western propaganda, to fit in with the russkies stealing food trope. There's not going to be any problems with any logistics 200km from Russian/Belarussian borders

But if you switch your brain on you'll realize - what poor logistics, when the Russians are shipping in food for the villages and towns under their control

Last edited by flamming_python on Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:38 pm; edited 3 times in total

GarryB, Werewolf, Airbornewolf, BliTTzZ, Broski, Arkanghelsk and Urluber like this post

Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:19 pm

SeigSoloyvov wrote:
    Sumy is fortified, Ukie forces are much more concentrated around there, well Mari was very well fortified it wasn't has defended.

Sumy will be harder than Mari because the Ukies cannot afford to let it fall, they could afford to let Mari fall and it was better to. Sure Sumy is a bit smaller but its not a massive difference,

The population isn't really a factor here, all that matters is how many enemy forces are in the area and how hard they will fight to hold it. Given Sumy's size, tactical important to their defense strat, it will be much harder then Mari, they cannot allow Khakrov, Sumy nor Chen to fall.

My facts are not wrong.

Against fortified positions they have 203mm artillery. And contrary to Mariupol, Summy and Kharkov are close to the frontline from the start so we can conclude most of their people must have fled from long time ago which wasn't the case in Mariupol and slowed down russian strikes.

And russians' goal is to encircle them and let them fortify to bomb them more easily. That's exactly what they want. So what you are saying is true but it is in favor of russians.

GarryB, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, BliTTzZ and Arkanghelsk like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:26 pm

TMA1 wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:
    LMFS wrote:

It is hard to say Russia is at fault for taking Crimea as it has vital army and especially navy presence protecting it's underbelly. Russia was already paying Ukraine for using the bases but with the western powers essentially taking control of Ukraine the russkies didn't have a lot of options. If say Cuba started talking about retaking Guantanamo bay I'd hope my country's leaders had the balls to push the Cubans back.

Big difference here. Crimea was Russia for 200 years or so until some bald headed dumbass decided to give it to Kiev. Guantanamo bay is cuban soil. The regime in Washington made a deal with a dictator they installed and build a base there. Then the Cubans ended the contract but the regime in Washington declined to leave. The Cubans have every right to take Guantanamo back.

GarryB, Werewolf, magnumcromagnon, kvs, zepia, Rodion_Romanovic, BliTTzZ and like this post

magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:33 pm

Hole wrote:Big difference here. Crimea was Russia for 200 years or so until some bald headed dumbass decided to give it to Kiev. Guantanamo bay is cuban soil. The regime in Washington made a deal with a dictator they installed and build a base there. Then the Cubans ended the contract but the regime in Washington declined to leave. The Cubans have every right to take Guantanamo back.
    The West is so dead set to reinforce Nikita Kruschev's policies and mandates on islands, I wonder if that includes the ones that involved Cuba? Wink

GarryB, kvs, BliTTzZ, miketheterrible, LMFS, Hole and Broski like this post

Airbornewolf
    Airbornewolf

Post  Airbornewolf Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:50 pm

Russian Airborne assault on the days of invasion.

Credit to the Airborne Forces. push on.

GarryB, magnumcromagnon, kvs, zepia, BliTTzZ, Hole, Broski and like this post

Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:03 pm

LMFS wrote:Shown in the Polish TV:

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #8 - Page 7 Photo_2022-03-25_06-31-47

https://en.topwar.ru/193936-polskoe-televidenie-pokazalo-kartu-razdela-ukrainy.html

If this was to come to pass, whats the bet that Western Ukrainain hatred of Russia would quickly be supplanted by a hatred of the "invading Poles"? Banderite hostility would be directed at Warsaw, and they would have the great honour of having to deal with the Orcs and their racist bullsht Laughing

BTW Rump Ukr is too big, it would need to be smaller.

magnumcromagnon, kvs, BliTTzZ, LMFS and Broski like this post

d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Post  d_taddei2 Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:03 pm

magnumcromagnon wrote:
    kvs wrote:The Pentagon does not know where it's own ass is.   The claims about Russia running out of missiles prove this.

They went from saying Russia is unable to create, let alone mass produce PGM's and overly rely on dumb iron bombs, to Russia is over using PGM's and will run out soon.

They also went from saying China will invade Eastern Russia over the past 20 years, to saying China is propping up the Russian military. I guess China is the only country in the world capable of invading Siberia and propping up the Russian military all at the same time lmao!!! clown clown clown

Unlike the west who needed PGMs as long as Russia has Su-24 and dumb bombs it can continue to bomb fairly accurately.

With the number of key targets (fuel, ammo, barracks, Comms, command posts etc having been hit with such targets dwindling the less need for PGMs. Russia is quite lucky in the fact it has multiple types of munitions and are fairly cheap.

Guided munitions for artillery aren't that expensive. And with key targets gone the majority of targets will be troops concentrations, tanks, MLRS, AD systems, artillery etc. So dumb bombs with su-24, MLRS systems, artillery, Helis with rocket pods, will be sufficient to deal with them . Russia also has access to Pion and Tulpan which also has guided munitions both ideal and can be a cheaper replacement for PGMs albeit on smaller payload but still effective.

GarryB, magnumcromagnon, kvs, BliTTzZ, Hole, Mir, Broski and Arkanghelsk like this post

auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:07 pm

TMA1 wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:
    LMFS wrote:

One more time. RUSSIA DID NOT TAKE, DID NOT TAKE!!! SEVASTOPOL AND KRIMU. WE, THE CITIZENS OF SEVASTOPOL ARMED UP, FACED THE ORCS DOWN AND ONLY THREE DAYS LATER DID WE INVITE THE POLITE YOUNG MEN IN GREEN TO COME IN AND COVER OUR BACKS!!! AFTER SEEING US WAITING FOR THEM AT THE BORDERS AND THE FIRST PUNCH IN THE C//K SUCKER THE ORCS WANTED NO PARTS OF US!!!
    Thank you. Shouting over.

GarryB, psg, Werewolf, d_taddei2, mack8, magnumcromagnon, Airbornewolf and like this post

Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:09 pm

TMA1 wrote:If say Cuba started talking about retaking Guantanamo bay I'd hope my country's leaders had the balls to push the Cubans back.

The US has no rights to remain in Cuba as the treaty has long elapsed, but as usual, the US is too arrogant to adhere to the norms of civilised behaviour and simply refuses to leave.

Cuba has every right to demand that the US close up shop and leave.

GarryB, Werewolf, d_taddei2, magnumcromagnon, Hannibal Barca, kvs, Rodion_Romanovic and like this post

magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:16 pm

Triangulation time: Darwin award winning Americuntski merc vertically records with his smart phone, which gets posted online. He records vertically, but his POV will be horizontal soon enough...facing the dirt, not the sky lol! Wink pwnd

Big_Gazza, kvs, auslander, BliTTzZ, LMFS, Hole and Broski like this post

magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:19 pm

Jewish former head of Goldman Sachs, defends Hitler and demonizes VVP lol! clown clown clown

GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs, BliTTzZ, LMFS, Mir and Broski like this post

magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:27 pm

Hannibal Barca, kvs, BliTTzZ, LMFS, Hole, Broski and Belisarius like this post

Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:28 pm

flamming_python wrote:The West will collapse, Russia will inherit a whole bunch of hostility and butthurt and probably lose Armenia and Kazakhstan/Kyrgyzstan, and China will become the new financial centre.

Who will Russia "lose" Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan to? The Kazakhs just fought off a Western backed destabilisation event and the follow-up has cemeted the importance of the CSTO. They are solidly in Russias camp. I'll be honest and admit to knowing little about Kyrgyzstan, and that isn't likely to chnage much any time soon.

As for Armenia, who cares? They have proven their lack of integrity by way of regime chnage and the new flunkies openly supping at the cup of NATO supremacy, and it has cost them most of NK and a whole truckload of pain. They can do what they want, and will be one less parasite with its sucking lips attached to Russias udder.

GarryB, psg, magnumcromagnon, kvs, Rodion_Romanovic, miketheterrible, Hole and like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:21 am