Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+75
sentinel112
billybatts91
medo
AlfaT8
nero
Hannibal Barca
Krepost
Giulio
diabetus
Broski
0nillie0
RTN
teh_beard
ATLASCUB
Karl Haushofer
Kiko
lyle6
Yugo90
Boshoed
Singular_Transform
pavi
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
Mir
lancelot
Azi
GarryB
Big_Gazza
Isos
TMA1
Dr.Snufflebug
crod
Erk
Stealthflanker
Urluber
magnumcromagnon
adder
auslander
Sujoy
Odin of Ossetia
miketheterrible
Fred333
ArgentinaGuard
Rodion_Romanovic
Ispan
kvs
Arrow
mnztr
par far
Scorpius
franco
ALAMO
GunshipDemocracy
mavaff
ludovicense
Serberus
mnrck
walle83
Arkanghelsk
VARGR198
ucmvulcan
Hole
SeigSoloyvov
Autodestruct
Werewolf
LMFS
Walther von Oldenburg
JohninMK
Regular
Airbornewolf
d_taddei2
owais.usmani
Eugenio Argentina
Podlodka77
flamming_python
Firebird
79 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #8

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #8 - Page 6 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #8

Post  flamming_python Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:10 pm

Arrow wrote:Given the very tough fights in Mariupol, will Russia capture Odessa and Kharkiv?  These are much larger cities.  There will be huge losses of both military and civilian .  So what could be the future of Russia?  Currently, they are unable to overthrow the government in Kiev or capture Kharkiv or Odessa? Unless they reckon with huge losses.In addition, large damage to the city infrastructure.

Latest news I heard is that Russia won't try to capture cities outside the DNR/LNR

Rather it's removing the Ukrainian military's ability to fight and is focused on giving it no option other than to capitulate

GarryB, Big_Gazza, BliTTzZ, Broski and Arkanghelsk like this post

Odin of Ossetia dislikes this post

magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #8 - Page 6 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #8

Post  magnumcromagnon Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:12 pm

kvs wrote:The Pentagon does not know where it's own ass is.   The claims about Russia running out of missiles prove this.

They went from saying Russia is unable to create, let alone mass produce PGM's and overly rely on dumb iron bombs, to Russia is over using PGM's and will run out soon.

They also went from saying China will invade Eastern Russia over the past 20 years, to saying China is propping up the Russian military. I guess China is the only country in the world capable of invading Siberia and propping up the Russian military all at the same time lmao!!! clown clown clown

GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs, zepia, BliTTzZ, miketheterrible, LMFS and like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:18 pm

magnumcromagnon wrote:
    kvs wrote:The Pentagon does not know where it's own ass is.   The claims about Russia running out of missiles prove this.

They went from saying Russia is unable to create, let alone mass produce PGM's and overly rely on dumb iron bombs, to Russia is over using PGM's and will run out soon.

They also went from saying China will invade Eastern Russia over the past 20 years, to saying China is propping up the Russian military. I guess China is the only country in the world capable of invading Siberia and propping up the Russian military all at the same time lmao!!! clown clown clown

The Chinese are the smartest ones here actually

The West will collapse, Russia will inherit a whole bunch of hostility and butthurt and probably lose Armenia and Kazakhstan/Kyrgyzstan, and China will become the new financial centre.

GarryB likes this post

Big_Gazza dislikes this post

GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

Post  GunshipDemocracy Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:22 pm

Arrow wrote:

In order to destroy Hitler, it was necessary to destroy the entire Third Reich.

No, not really. Thought US/UK were carpet bombing civilians en masse (Look Leipzig or Hamburg) without any need for this. Soviets generally tried to avoid civilians casualties.
    But between 3rd Reich and Ukraine there are some parallels - western mercenaries, western civilization attacking "snow niggers" ...

No worries USSR won, Russia will win too russia russia russia

magnumcromagnon, BliTTzZ, Hole and Broski like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:23 pm

BTW things are heating up in Nagorno-Karabakh

Artsakh declared mobilization and the Azeris have occupied some village, ignoring the previous efforts of Russian peacekeepers

Looks like Turkey is taking advantage of the situation to strengthen its own hand, in return for not giving its S-400s to NATO, keeping the straight closed and not imposing sanctions

Quite dastardly of Putin to sell Armenia like that.

Yugo90 likes this post

Urluber

Post  Urluber Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:23 pm

Arrow wrote:

The liberation of Donbas will not solve the problem.  I don't know how Russia wants to change government in Ukraine and stop its course to the west.  Now the entire offensive has come to a standstill.

The liberation of Kiev will happen if it is what is needed.
    Much depends on Kievan regime. If they at some point (before liberation of whole Malorossiya) agree to the terms in negotations, the liberation of complete area by force is not necessary.

The terms can include for example setting up a Control Commission headed by Russian officials which would control what happens in the country. It would supervise the disarmament, supervise that war criminals are sentenced, rogue officers executed or expelled, war reparations are paid and so on.

Russia had these sort of commissions set up after the WW2 in some places. The Commission will de-facto use the highest authority in the country, but the country is not under military occupation nor annexed.

GarryB, magnumcromagnon, GunshipDemocracy, BliTTzZ, Broski and Arkanghelsk like this post

GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

Post  GunshipDemocracy Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:24 pm

flamming_python wrote:
    The Chinese are the smartest ones here actually

The West will collapse, Russia will inherit a whole bunch of hostility and butthurt and probably lose Armenia and Kazakhstan/Kyrgyzstan, and China will become the new financial centre.

There will be no hostility for Russia form meaningful nations, and fallen doesn't matter.

kvs, Broski, Urluber and Podlodka77 like this post

auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:26 pm

I have a little time to write, I have given Lubov a much needed rest. She has been and is a treasure through this tragedy.

Tovorich Doktor and two Medical Sisters came to the house again. Doktor again examined The Madame Captain and decided to give her an injection to make her sleep, she weeps uncontrollably at times. He says she will sleep for the night and will be a little better for tomorrow. He says it will be some days before she begins to recover. He says her grief is normal even though our children are adopted, war orphans from Novorossiya. He says the grief for adopted children can often be more than for 'natural' children. I think he is correct.

I am waiting for Gary's permission to post what Lubov and he wrote to each other. I will not post it without his permission.

Our guests have left and today's meeting is long over. Our children will be home to us tomorrow, Saturday. I have arranged all for them but I will never tell where. Burial Ceremony will be Full Military Honors with Honor Guard with Salute and with Full Dress Uniforms with all their medals, their real medals with their names on the backs of them. Voentorg has already provided the replacements for us to put with their photos on our shelves. My wife will make a delicate lace pillow for each set.

Perhaps one day I will go through my grief but that day is not this day, my wife needs me desperately and all my attention is for her.

The dogs are lying in the lawn all day. Aleksandr has the shirt my son gave to him and he and Kristina are lying around it. Sophia and Ye'katarina are beside them, just their front paws on the shirt. They know the boy will not come back, dogs know these things. Sometimes Kristina begins to howl and sing and the others join in. It is the most melancholy song you have ever heard.

I can not write any more, they are singing again and I need a drink. My wife is out like a light, Lubov is snoring away in her heavily padded reclining chair. I will sit in the sun room and think, alone at last.

Last edited by auslander on Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

GarryB, franco, mack8, magnumcromagnon, Airbornewolf, kvs, zepia and like this post

LMFS
    LMFS

Post  LMFS Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:27 pm

kvs wrote:Indeed.  The "stall" is Russia grinding through the bulk of regime forces on the eastern front.   They are depleting the Kiev regime army and paramilitaries.
    When the LDNR front collapses Russia will roll over Odessa and push the force remains towards the Polish border.   I expect all the surrounded cities to
    fall rapidly.   This is why Russia is not wasting men and resources trying to grab them.   Mariupol and Kharkov are special for various reasons.

Nazi scum are so rabid that they rather die to the last one in Kharkov or Mariupol, or idle in Odessa waiting for some "glorious" showdown with Russians there, than protecting their homeland in the West, much less the rest of Ukraine. That is the reason why Lvov is organizing their own defence already.

magnumcromagnon, kvs, BliTTzZ, Hole, Broski and Arkanghelsk like this post

franco
    franco

Post  franco Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:28 pm

It sure shows that Zelensky and a lot of his advisors were in the movie business. In comparison the White Helmets were strictly amateurs. Wasn't there a movie made once about an American politician creating this fictional war with Canada only on film. Never saw it but remember reading about it in the past.

GarryB and BliTTzZ like this post

magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:34 pm

FSB officers detained a Khabarovsk resident who tried to sell classified information to Ukrainian special services

https://en.topwar.ru/193957-sotrudniki-fsb-zaderzhali-habarovchanina-pytavshegosja-prodat-sekretnuju-informaciju-ukrainskim-specsluzhbam.html
    An SBU agent who collected information about participants in a special operation in Ukraine was detained in the Moscow region

https://en.topwar.ru/193966-v-podmoskove-zaderzhan-agent-sbu-sobiravshij-informaciju-ob-uchastnikah-specoperacii-na-ukraine.html
    In the United States, at the level of the order, the Marines were forbidden to come to Ukraine

https://en.topwar.ru/193946-v-ssha-na-urovne-prikaza-zapretili-morskim-pehotincam-priezzhat-na-ukrainu.html
    An attempted terrorist attack on the railway was prevented in Belarus

https://en.topwar.ru/193947-ocherednaja-popytka-terakta-na-zheleznoj-doroge-byla-predotvraschena-v-beloruse.html
    The Hong Kong press reminded the United States about how the US army invaded Iraq

https://en.topwar.ru/193885-v-presse-gonkonga-napomnili-ssha-o-tom-kak-amerikanskaja-armija-vtorgalas-v-irak.html

GarryB, d_taddei2, par far, kvs, zepia, BliTTzZ, miketheterrible and like this post

xeno dislikes this post

auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:59 pm

[quote="flamming_python"
    Yeah, thought those BMPs with their cages and lack of Zs looked weird[/quote]

I wasn't going to say anything but with the stand off cage armor they are orc, no doubt. Perhaps our intrepid warrior happened upon the detritus of some else's victory or the stupud putz shot the wrong dust bin. Shit happens in 'war' and in all probability minimum 10% of one's losses are self inflicted.

GarryB, magnumcromagnon, kvs, zepia, JohninMK, BliTTzZ, Mir and like this post

LMFS
    LMFS

Post  LMFS Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:07 pm

Shown in the Polish TV:

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #8 - Page 6 Photo_2022-03-25_06-31-47

https://en.topwar.ru/193936-polskoe-televidenie-pokazalo-kartu-razdela-ukrainy.html

lancelot likes this post

Stealthflanker
    Stealthflanker

Post  Stealthflanker Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:11 pm

LMFS wrote:Shown in the Polish TV:

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #8 - Page 6 Photo_2022-03-25_06-31-47

https://en.topwar.ru/193936-polskoe-televidenie-pokazalo-kartu-razdela-ukrainy.html

That looks messed up. Now imagine Polis thrusting from the back and do What Turkey did in Syria.. essentially splitting the country into 3. and what are Hungary doing there in that small patch of land ?

Last edited by Stealthflanker on Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

BliTTzZ likes this post

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:12 pm

Kiev cannot be allowed to be part of some "Ukraine". Malorussia, maybe. The Bolshevik project known as Ukraine needs to be
    put to rest.

GarryB, Werewolf, magnumcromagnon, Hannibal Barca, par far, BliTTzZ, miketheterrible and like this post

Ispan
    Ispan

Post  Ispan Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:13 pm

Todays war briefing, it's a special report, it covers yesterday, wich I missed and the oficcial communique of the Russian army after one month's fighting and whatever else I could piece together

https://guerraenucrania.wordpress.com/2022/03/25/parte-de-guerra-25-03-2022-informe-especial/

GarryB, kvs, zepia, LMFS, Broski and Arkanghelsk like this post

LMFS
    LMFS

Post  LMFS Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:14 pm

Maybe the War Tribunal in Crimea holds some surprises for some nazi gentlemen in the end. Medvedev:

If we talk about the motives for adopting a moratorium on the death penalty, then, of course, this is our participation in the conventions of the Council of Europe. Today, these conventions have lost their force for Russia.

https://en.topwar.ru/193933-medvedev-vyskazalsja-po-voprosu-vozmozhnoj-otmeny-moratorija-na-smertnuju-kazn-v-rossii.html

GarryB, magnumcromagnon, Hannibal Barca, par far, kvs, BliTTzZ, Hole and like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:16 pm

Apparently Macron together with Turkey and Greece are organizing an evacuation mission for 'anyone willing' from Mariupol, and Macron will meet with Putin about it over the next 2-3 days

Well I don't think Azov will hold out another 2-3 days. But sure, they can lay down their arms, go to the port and wait to be picked up if they wish. Don't see the problem, if it means more lives and infrastructure can be saved

Yugo90 likes this post

par far

Post  par far Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:18 pm

flamming_python wrote:Apparently Macron together with Turkey and Greece are organizing an evacuation mission for 'anyone willing' from Mariupol, and Macron will meet with Putin about it over the next 2-3 days

Well I don't think Azov will hold out another 2-3 days. But sure, they can lay down their arms, go to the port and wait to be picked up if they wish. Don't see the problem, if it means more lives and infrastructure can be saved

Azov and Nazis won't be allowed to leave, they need to stand for their war crimes.

GarryB, Airbornewolf, BliTTzZ, Hole, lancelot, Yugo90, Broski and like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:24 pm

par far wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:Apparently Macron together with Turkey and Greece are organizing an evacuation mission for 'anyone willing' from Mariupol, and Macron will meet with Putin about it over the next 2-3 days

Azov and Nazis won't be allowed to leave, they need to stand for their war crimes.

Yeah I get that too

And that Azov will likely just be redeployed back to the Ukraine after a rest. There is no santiation zone for these types like in Idlib as yet.

The city is mostly destroyed now as they refused to leave when offered initially.

And now that the damage is done and lives lost, Macron swoops in with the offer

I dunno. It could still save Russian/DNR soldiers lives, civilian lives, and lessen the cost of reconstruction. And could open the door for more such deals later on. As the West is starting to come around to the idea of a negotiated settlement with Russia over the Ukraine.

Well, I'll leave it up to Putin. His call
    LMFS
    LMFS

Post  LMFS Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:30 pm

Stealthflanker wrote:That looks messed up. Now imagine Polis thrusting from the back and do What Turkey did in Syria.. essentially splitting the country into 3. and what are Hungary doing there in that small patch of land ?

Sure, it makes little sense. But it shows the sentiment being cultivated in Poland and that is very telling

kvs wrote:Kiev cannot be allowed to be part of some "Ukraine". Malorussia, maybe. The Bolshevik project known as Ukraine needs to be
    put to rest.

Fully agree, such artificial country is doomed like a house built over a tectonic fault, not to talk about it being an antirussian device from its inception. Western part (the real one, not the one created through indoctrination) can be a neutral, non ideological and demilitarized region loosely associated to the West, that is Galicia. The rest is Russian in the broad sense of the term since the times of the Rus and has no future as some tool of the West.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #8 - Page 6 Scale_1200

Last edited by LMFS on Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

Werewolf, magnumcromagnon, kvs, BliTTzZ, Broski, Arkanghelsk and Podlodka77 like this post

ludovicense
    ludovicense

Post  ludovicense Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:32 pm

par far wrote:

I think Azov will no longer exist as a regular force. If it even exists, walk. There is a clear order to exterminate him. There are very few prisoners of this group.

GarryB, magnumcromagnon, BliTTzZ, Yugo90, Broski and Podlodka77 like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:34 pm

kvs wrote:Kiev cannot be allowed to be part of some "Ukraine".   Malorussia, maybe.    The Bolshevik project known as Ukraine needs to be
    put to rest.

The Ukraine was not a Bolshevik project, but a German one from Brest-Litovsk

A worker's uprising occurred in Kharkov against the German client state the Ukrainian People's Republic, and the Red Army entered to beat off the puppet regime's armies, set up the Ukrainian SSR as an alternative, and quickly took control of most of the rest of the territory.
    But the Bolsheviks offered the Ukrainians quite a lot, and treated Ukrainian communists as equals, delineating territories between Russia and the Ukraine fairly with the help of historical commissions and a long process.

And there was nothing at all wrong with the Ukrainian SSR. During its time as a Soviet republic, the Ukraine was a perfectly normal place, in fact a highly industrialized and developed one.

Independent Ukraine is just an oligarch anti-Russia dump and has been on the decline since 1991.

GarryB, BliTTzZ and Yugo90 like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:35 pm

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #8 - Page 6 Foukxu10
    Don´t be afraid, speak Russian.

GarryB, Firebird, magnumcromagnon, Airbornewolf, kvs, zepia, BliTTzZ and like this post

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:39 pm

https://t.me/RVvoenkor/5144

Destroyed Ukrainian army BMP in Lugansk with 5 dead. But it was not the LNR forces that did it. It was the Aidar Nazi
    enforcers who are used to prevent retreats. NATzO's allies.

GarryB, magnumcromagnon, VARGR198, BliTTzZ, LMFS, Hole, Broski and like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 7:00 am