Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


+81
Aristide
zorobabel
Cheetah
zepia
ludovicense
VARGR198
Serberus
Rasisuki Nebia
billybatts91
rigoletto
jhelb
mnztr
diabetus
Kiko
ahmedfire
Dima
TMA1
lancelot
Belisarius
walle83
Odin of Ossetia
AlfaT8
Urluber
mack8
Hannibal Barca
Podlodka77
LMFS
RTN
SeigSoloyvov
auslander
andalusia
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
Big_Gazza
Firebird
DerWolf
teh_beard
Kriva
ucmvulcan
Ispan
franco
Arrow
Azi
nomadski
Walther von Oldenburg
ALAMO
GunshipDemocracy
Dr.Snufflebug
Yugo90
Lurk83
Isos
adder
Hole
JohninMK
Scorpius
Werewolf
Singular_Transform
Airbornewolf
Sujoy
Mir
Stealthflanker
OminousSpudd
Vann7
miketheterrible
ATLASCUB
lyle6
magnumcromagnon
kvs
sundoesntrise
GarryB
thegopnik
Arkanghelsk
ArgentinaGuard
Erk
flamming_python
par far
Backman
Broski
Regular
Krepost
EkErilaz
d_taddei2
85 posters

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #5

    Isos
    Isos


    Posts : 11328
    Points : 11298
    Join date : 2015-11-06

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #5 - Page 36 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #5

    Post  Isos Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:07 pm

    Meanwhile Russian air defences can track and destroy the same drone that manage to cross 3 nato coubtries undetected.


    ZOKA
    @200_zoka
    ·
    1h
    Tu 141 shot down over Crimea

    GarryB, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, miketheterrible, Hole, lancelot, Mir and like this post

    Aristide
    Aristide


    Posts : 1075
    Points : 1165
    Join date : 2017-12-31
    Age : 27
    Location : Aix-en-Provence

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #5 - Page 36 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #5

    Post  Aristide Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:07 pm

    Dima wrote:
    Arkanghelsk wrote:We are nationalizing all your airplanes and buying parts from Turkey and India

    We will russify Renault too
    Hope Russia does a complete ban on Titanium shipment from VSMPO. It will have good impact on Boeing and Airbus.
    All current deals needs to be thrown in dustbin and new deals as per market rates needs to be done for all deals regarding Oil, Gas, Titanium shipments, rocket shipments, etc.

    Everything needs to be done in Gold.
    No more friendly prices should be there or any discounts, citing devaluation of Ruble.


    As for the Renault, it should have been done back when Mistrals was denied by the French. It didn't happen then, hope atleast now its done. All the ~75% Renault shares in AVTOVAZ.

    You dont need to ban titanium. Boeing already stopped buying russian titanium and Airbus plans the same.

    The EU plans to dismiss russian oil, gas and coal in next 2 years. Rockets are not needed since we have our own.

    As for Renault, its pretty much worthless, you get an empty plant and thats about it.

    The issue i see for Putin is, that the oligarchs might pull the plug on him. They lost enormous amounts of assets and are not happy about that.
    ucmvulcan
    ucmvulcan


    Posts : 1143
    Points : 1143
    Join date : 2022-02-26

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #5 - Page 36 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #5

    Post  ucmvulcan Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:07 pm

    Oops now I see the problem with cascading replies, disregard my comment
    Mir
    Mir


    Posts : 3231
    Points : 3233
    Join date : 2021-06-10

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #5 - Page 36 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #5

    Post  Mir Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:10 pm

    Arsenic wrote:
    Mais fermes ta grande gueule de frouzes, comme tout tes compatriotes vous avez une grandes gueules et personnes n'arrivent à vous blairer...

    Les sanctions, comme souvent, derrière le manteau le commerce continue et continuera, un peu comme Israël qui a toujours acheté du pétrole iranien...

    Les gens en occident sous estime la puissance de l'armée russe à cause de la guerre de l'information, les réseaux sociaux donnent une image biaisé du conflit. A l'échelle de la taille de l'Ukraine, la Russie est loin de subir un échec...mais bon, ce n'est pas donné au LowQi de le comprendre. On fera le bilan dans 6 mois.

    En attendant, le frouze, allez préparer vos élections avec vos candidats en mousse...et vos zones de non-droit où vous longez les murs comme des couillons...

    Not 6 months - only two should be enough.
    Aristide
    Aristide


    Posts : 1075
    Points : 1165
    Join date : 2017-12-31
    Age : 27
    Location : Aix-en-Provence

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #5 - Page 36 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #5

    Post  Aristide Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:10 pm

    EU send another weapon shipment worth 500 million € to Ukraine

    https://www.france24.com/en/europe/20220311-live-eu-leaders-to-boost-ukraine-military-aid-bolster-bloc-s-defences

    The ironic part is, that the money is taken from russian assets.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python


    Posts : 9057
    Points : 9119
    Join date : 2012-01-30

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #5 - Page 36 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #5

    Post  flamming_python Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:11 pm

    Aristide wrote:
    Mir wrote:
    I dont need CNN. I have a friend in Ukraine who collects fossils and meteorites. He shows me whats going on.

    If you're in such a good mood and on the winning side why don't you give Zelensky those Migs he's been crying about every night. Stingers are not going to win you any wars (not even in Afghanistan like some of you like to believe). Yes lots of people die in wars like Yemen, Lybia, Iraq, Syria and even now but those figures you mention is pure fake propaganda but yes keep believing!

    The video of the Mi-24 going down is CGI fake - just the camera take should tell you that. Ukr posted so many fake shit from PC games that they have absolutely no street cred. This is war and shit happens and it happens on both sides but not according to the propaganda from your side.

    You are defending pure unadulterated fascists. Your granddad would be ashamed of you.

    This does not look fake for me. Smile helicopters are always easy prey to advanced MANPADS

    https://www.reddit.com/r/ukraine/comments/t9lwfa/in_mykolaiv_region_another_occupants_helicopter/

    My grandfather is alive amigo and celebrates Ukraine.

    It inspires people here how they bravely fight against barbarian hordes. Its bit like the persian wars.



    The Agony of the Panzerwaffe

    Don't worry friend. I wouldn't have started this war, or restarted it rather, but it's done and it will all be over soon. Not to the West's favour either; their only task is to try and make the costs for Russia greater.

    Big_Gazza likes this post

    ludovicense
    ludovicense


    Posts : 252
    Points : 254
    Join date : 2017-09-26
    Age : 56
    Location : Brasil

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #5 - Page 36 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #5

    Post  ludovicense Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:13 pm

    Aristide wrote:EU send another weapon shipment worth 500 million € to Ukraine

    https://www.france24.com/en/europe/20220311-live-eu-leaders-to-boost-ukraine-military-aid-bolster-bloc-s-defences

    The ironic part is, that the money is taken from russian assets.

    What is the source of this information?
    Mir
    Mir


    Posts : 3231
    Points : 3233
    Join date : 2021-06-10

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #5 - Page 36 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #5

    Post  Mir Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:13 pm

    Aristide wrote:
    My grandfather is alive amigo and celebrates Ukraine.
    It inspires people here how they bravely fight against barbarian hordes. Its bit like the persian wars.

    Ok I see you are very young still. Maybe you should ask your dad about his grandfather but perhaps he was a collaborator?

    Big_Gazza likes this post

    Aristide
    Aristide


    Posts : 1075
    Points : 1165
    Join date : 2017-12-31
    Age : 27
    Location : Aix-en-Provence

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #5 - Page 36 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #5

    Post  Aristide Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:14 pm

    flamming_python wrote:
    Aristide wrote:
    Mir wrote:
    I dont need CNN. I have a friend in Ukraine who collects fossils and meteorites. He shows me whats going on.

    If you're in such a good mood and on the winning side why don't you give Zelensky those Migs he's been crying about every night. Stingers are not going to win you any wars (not even in Afghanistan like some of you like to believe). Yes lots of people die in wars like Yemen, Lybia, Iraq, Syria and even now but those figures you mention is pure fake propaganda but yes keep believing!

    The video of the Mi-24 going down is CGI fake - just the camera take should tell you that. Ukr posted so many fake shit from PC games that they have absolutely no street cred. This is war and shit happens and it happens on both sides but not according to the propaganda from your side.

    You are defending pure unadulterated fascists. Your granddad would be ashamed of you.

    This does not look fake for me. Smile helicopters are always easy prey to advanced MANPADS

    https://www.reddit.com/r/ukraine/comments/t9lwfa/in_mykolaiv_region_another_occupants_helicopter/

    My grandfather is alive amigo and celebrates Ukraine.

    It inspires people here how they bravely fight against barbarian hordes. Its bit like the persian wars.



    The Agony of the Panzerwaffe

    Don't worry friend. I wouldn't have started this war, or restarted it rather, but it's done and it will all be over soon. Not to the West's favour either; their only task is to try and make the costs for Russia greater.

    But thats exactly what it is about. The costs for Russia are extreme and for what? To rule over an empire of dust and ashes?

    walle83 likes this post

    flamming_python
    flamming_python


    Posts : 9057
    Points : 9119
    Join date : 2012-01-30

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #5 - Page 36 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #5

    Post  flamming_python Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:15 pm

    Aristide wrote:
    Dima wrote:
    Arkanghelsk wrote:We are nationalizing all your airplanes and buying parts from Turkey and India

    We will russify Renault too
    Hope Russia does a complete ban on Titanium shipment from VSMPO. It will have good impact on Boeing and Airbus.
    All current deals needs to be thrown in dustbin and new deals as per market rates needs to be done for all deals regarding Oil, Gas, Titanium shipments, rocket shipments, etc.

    Everything needs to be done in Gold.
    No more friendly prices should be there or any discounts, citing devaluation of Ruble.


    As for the Renault, it should have been done back when Mistrals was denied by the French. It didn't happen then, hope atleast now its done. All the ~75% Renault shares in AVTOVAZ.

    You dont need to ban titanium. Boeing already stopped buying russian titanium and Airbus plans the same.

    The EU plans to dismiss russian oil, gas and coal in next 2 years
    . Rockets are not needed since we have our own.

    As for Renault, its pretty much worthless, you get an empty plant and thats about it.

    The issue i see for Putin is, that the oligarchs might pull the plug on him. They lost enormous amounts of assets and are not happy about that.

    No-one serious in Europe believes that this is possible

    Ignoring the ridiculous time-frame, you'll have to deal with countries in Africa, South America, the Middle East as equals - and since when did the Europeans ever do that.

    GarryB, Big_Gazza, lancelot, Mir and Broski like this post

    Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk


    Posts : 3672
    Points : 3678
    Join date : 2021-12-08

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #5 - Page 36 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #5

    Post  Arkanghelsk Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:15 pm

    With oil at 130 per barrel

    Sanctions are not felt

    The EU will keep paying us for gas since they are totally dependent,

    In fact EU pays us 800 million daily, with gas at the spot rate,  we will recover our losses in months

    Meanwhile your gas prices will just go higher and higher

    It's fun to watch Europe burn

    It's now costing 1 billion per day to EU 😂😂😂😂😂

    We will have our 350 billion back by end of fiscal 2022 bahahahaha


    Last edited by Arkanghelsk on Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

    d_taddei2, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, kvs, miketheterrible, Hole, Yugo90 and like this post

    Aristide
    Aristide


    Posts : 1075
    Points : 1165
    Join date : 2017-12-31
    Age : 27
    Location : Aix-en-Provence

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #5 - Page 36 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #5

    Post  Aristide Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:15 pm

    ludovicense wrote:
    Aristide wrote:EU send another weapon shipment worth 500 million € to Ukraine

    https://www.france24.com/en/europe/20220311-live-eu-leaders-to-boost-ukraine-military-aid-bolster-bloc-s-defences

    The ironic part is, that the money is taken from russian assets.

    What is the source of this information?

    The EU commission. It was decided to send weapons of 500 million €. Mostly more MANPADS.

    ludovicense
    ludovicense


    Posts : 252
    Points : 254
    Join date : 2017-09-26
    Age : 56
    Location : Brasil

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #5 - Page 36 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #5

    Post  ludovicense Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:18 pm

    Aristide wrote:
    ludovicense wrote:
    Aristide wrote:EU send another weapon shipment worth 500 million € to Ukraine

    https://www.france24.com/en/europe/20220311-live-eu-leaders-to-boost-ukraine-military-aid-bolster-bloc-s-defences

    The ironic part is, that the money is taken from russian assets.

    What is the source of this information?

    The EU commission. It was decided to send weapons of 500 million €. Mostly more MANPADS.


    But are they using Russian reserve resources?? I think that fake news...

    Big_Gazza likes this post

    Aristide
    Aristide


    Posts : 1075
    Points : 1165
    Join date : 2017-12-31
    Age : 27
    Location : Aix-en-Provence

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #5 - Page 36 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #5

    Post  Aristide Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:18 pm

    Arkanghelsk wrote:With oil at 130 per barrel

    Sanctions are not felt

    The EU will keep paying us for gas since they are totally dependent,

    In fact EU pays us 800 million daily, with gas at the spot rate,  we will recover our losses in months

    Meanwhile your gas prices will just go higher and higher

    It's fun to watch Europe burn

    Its rather more funny to see a poor man clap for cheap stuff like this.

    Dude the only thing i worry about is if there will be caviar on my 1st class flight to Buenos Aires in November. If you think i lose my cool because gas prices...

    Poor people can be funny.
    Mir
    Mir


    Posts : 3231
    Points : 3233
    Join date : 2021-06-10

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #5 - Page 36 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #5

    Post  Mir Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:20 pm

    Aristide wrote:
    But thats exactly what it is about. The costs for Russia are extreme and for what? To rule over an empire of dust and ashes?

    It now appears that the EU is eager to inherit the remains of that "empire" Laughing
    Rodion_Romanovic
    Rodion_Romanovic


    Posts : 2450
    Points : 2617
    Join date : 2015-12-30
    Location : Merkelland

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #5 - Page 36 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #5

    Post  Rodion_Romanovic Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:21 pm

    flamming_python wrote:
    Lurk83 wrote:Drone in Croatia was a Tu141 drone. Uncertain who launched it and from where. Not inside Russia as it wouldn’t have made it that far. Maybe Ukraine or from inside Belarus

    Putin announcing 16000 middle eastern volunteers want to fight in Ukraine and Russia will facilitate their arrival.

    Apparently the Croatians already said it came from the territory of the Ukraine

    Might be fake news

    Arrow wrote:

    Ukraine will probably never make such concessions.  So I wonder what the background of Russia is. scratch

    Either Putin or Lavrov said as much, that there will be more and more demands the longer the Ukraine doesn't agree to them and drags the negotiation process out

    I'd guess that this is a strategy of destabilization of the Ukrainian regime

    It's like the godfather:
    First you get a very good offer from his lawyer.

    Then you you refuse that and insult him you end up getting peanuts and losing everything.

    GarryB, Big_Gazza and kvs like this post

    Mir
    Mir


    Posts : 3231
    Points : 3233
    Join date : 2021-06-10

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #5 - Page 36 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #5

    Post  Mir Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:24 pm

    Aristide wrote:

    Dude the only thing i worry about is if there will be caviar on my 1st class flight to Buenos Aires in November. If you think i lose my cool because gas prices...
    Poor people can be funny.

    The best you'll be able to get is the mushy fake caviar - better get used to it! What a Face
    avatar
    Urluber


    Posts : 171
    Points : 171
    Join date : 2022-01-05

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #5 - Page 36 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #5

    Post  Urluber Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:28 pm

    Aristide wrote:
    Mir wrote:
    Dr.Snufflebug wrote:
    Sorry, say what?

    Are we looking at the same war?


    Because CCN says so it must be true! Laughing

    I dont need CNN. I have a friend in Ukraine who collects fossils and meteorites. He shows me whats going on.

    Give the good mood we have in the EU to win this and the rather depressive state in Russia regarding this, i say we are on a good mood.

    The thing is, this is first war where evry detail is shared the moment it happens. Thats the main reason russia lost the information war right at the start. We can see russian helicopters shot down, burning russian convoys and destroyed tanks.


    That does not look like winning



    Don't lie.
    They do not share every detail in the west.
    They don't show you how Russia hits with impunity any square millimeter of "Ukrainian" territory with cruise missiles, whole Kievan bases/fuel depots being wiped out by pinpoint strikes with Iskander missiles, close to 2 million "ukrainians" fleeing to the west.

    Well, they tell you about the 2 million "ukrainians" fleeing to west. So at least that should make you think why the heck they are fleeing if Kievan forces are about to put their flag over Kremlin anytime now.


    Russia is trying to play as nice as possible. But there is no question if Kiev regime will be crushed. It will be. And Russia can crush anyone else in the process - which btw is why they are staying out.

    As Zhirinovsky said: USA is the best in the world in evacuating.

    GarryB, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, Hole, Mir and Broski like this post

    Aristide
    Aristide


    Posts : 1075
    Points : 1165
    Join date : 2017-12-31
    Age : 27
    Location : Aix-en-Provence

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #5 - Page 36 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #5

    Post  Aristide Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:29 pm

    Mir wrote:
    Aristide wrote:

    Dude the only thing i worry about is if there will be caviar on my 1st class flight to Buenos Aires in November. If you think i lose my cool because gas prices...
    Poor people can be funny.

    The best you'll be able to get is the mushy fake caviar - better get used to it! What a Face

    As far as i know there are also suppliers from other countries like azerbaijan


    http://bakucaviar.az/en/index.html

    Dont know what Air France supplier is but they can switch quickly.

    At moment that is only thing of this entire war that could bother me.
    ludovicense
    ludovicense


    Posts : 252
    Points : 254
    Join date : 2017-09-26
    Age : 56
    Location : Brasil

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #5 - Page 36 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #5

    Post  ludovicense Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:30 pm

    Aristide wrote:
    Arkanghelsk wrote:With oil at 130 per barrel

    Sanctions are not felt

    The EU will keep paying us for gas since they are totally dependent,

    In fact EU pays us 800 million daily, with gas at the spot rate,  we will recover our losses in months

    Meanwhile your gas prices will just go higher and higher

    It's fun to watch Europe burn

    Its rather more funny to see a poor man clap for cheap stuff like this.

    Dude the only thing i worry about is if there will be caviar on my 1st class flight to Buenos Aires in November. If you think i lose my cool because gas prices...

    Poor people can be funny.


    What an arrogant idiot you are?... you should be hoping for peace in the world... that if some kind of agreement was reached.... but you disdain the billions of people who are being impacted in their lives with price hikes, your business, risk of layoffs...etc..
    Watch out! There is a saying in my country that says: when you need to corner a beast, always leave a place to escape because otherwise it will come at you. Russia will not back down. She has no other option. And it is mounted in an arsenal estimated at 6000 nuclear weapons..

    magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, Hole, Mir and Broski like this post

    avatar
    walle83


    Posts : 968
    Points : 976
    Join date : 2016-11-13
    Location : Sweden

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #5 - Page 36 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #5

    Post  walle83 Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:30 pm

    Russian tanks attacked outside Kiev. Artillery and drone attack.

    Aristide likes this post

    Aristide
    Aristide


    Posts : 1075
    Points : 1165
    Join date : 2017-12-31
    Age : 27
    Location : Aix-en-Provence

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #5 - Page 36 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #5

    Post  Aristide Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:32 pm

    Urluber wrote:
    Aristide wrote:
    Mir wrote:
    Dr.Snufflebug wrote:
    Sorry, say what?

    Are we looking at the same war?


    Because CCN says so it must be true! Laughing

    I dont need CNN. I have a friend in Ukraine who collects fossils and meteorites. He shows me whats going on.

    Give the good mood we have in the EU to win this and the rather depressive state in Russia regarding this, i say we are on a good mood.

    The thing is, this is first war where evry detail is shared the moment it happens. Thats the main reason russia lost the information war right at the start. We can see russian helicopters shot down, burning russian convoys and destroyed tanks.


    That does not look like winning



    Don't lie.
    They do not share every detail in the west.
    They don't show you how Russia hits with impunity any square millimeter of "Ukrainian" territory with cruise missiles, whole Kievan bases/fuel depots being wiped out by pinpoint strikes with Iskander missiles, close to 2 million "ukrainians" fleeing to the west.

    Well, they tell you about the 2 million "ukrainians" fleeing to west. So at least that should make you think why the heck they are fleeing if Kievan forces are about to put their flag over Kremlin anytime now.


    Russia is trying to play as nice as possible. But there is no question if Kiev regime will be crushed. It will be. And Russia can crush anyone else in the process - which btw is why they are staying out.

    As Zhirinovsky said: USA is the best in the world in evacuating.

    Women and children evacuate. Its like when Xerxes invaded Greece. Entire Athens was evacuated too. Then the persians git wiped out.

    Question, how many troops are you willing to lose? Since it looks like we wont stop sending MANPADS zo Ukraine, it means constant high losses for your army

    Firebird dislikes this post

    avatar
    par far


    Posts : 3488
    Points : 3733
    Join date : 2014-06-26

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #5 - Page 36 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #5

    Post  par far Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:33 pm

    https://t.me/intelslava/22001
    Aristide
    Aristide


    Posts : 1075
    Points : 1165
    Join date : 2017-12-31
    Age : 27
    Location : Aix-en-Provence

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #5 - Page 36 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #5

    Post  Aristide Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:34 pm

    ludovicense wrote:
    Aristide wrote:
    Arkanghelsk wrote:With oil at 130 per barrel

    Sanctions are not felt

    The EU will keep paying us for gas since they are totally dependent,

    In fact EU pays us 800 million daily, with gas at the spot rate,  we will recover our losses in months

    Meanwhile your gas prices will just go higher and higher

    It's fun to watch Europe burn

    Its rather more funny to see a poor man clap for cheap stuff like this.

    Dude the only thing i worry about is if there will be caviar on my 1st class flight to Buenos Aires in November. If you think i lose my cool because gas prices...

    Poor people can be funny.


    What an arrogant idiot you are?... you should be hoping for peace in the world... that if some kind of agreement was reached.... but you disdain the billions of people who are being impacted in their lives with price hikes, your business, risk of layoffs...etc..
    Watch out! There is a saying in my country that says: when you need to corner a beast, always leave a place to escape because otherwise it will come at you. Russia will not back down. She has no other option. And it is mounted in an arsenal estimated at 6000 nuclear weapons..

    We already plan a escape for Russia. Ukraine becomes EU aspirant but no NATO, similar to Austria.

    Im quite sure we will have a deal regarding that. Russia cant ruke Ukraine anyways. Its so full of weapons and hate now, that its uncontroleable.
    avatar
    Dr.Snufflebug


    Posts : 1127
    Points : 1125
    Join date : 2017-12-27

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #5 - Page 36 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #5

    Post  Dr.Snufflebug Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:35 pm

    Dr.Snufflebug wrote:
    Dr.Snufflebug wrote:
    Dr.Snufflebug wrote:
    Also, a Tupolev drone (141/143) seems to have flown all the way to Zagreb, Croatia. No joke. Crashed there late last night with its recovery parachutes deployed. No injuries reported, but a lot of surprised Croatian faces for sure.

    This will be interesting to see what it's about. My first thoughts are 1. Ukrainian attempt to get NATO involved somehow, or 2. a Russian decoy that was supposed to bait Ukrainian SAMs but that somehow flew all the way through. It had to have been launched from Belarus in that case, as its range is not sufficient to reach Croatia from the Russian mainland. From Ukraine it has enough range.

    Either way, it must also have flown through an entire NATO country in the first place (Hungary, Romania) to have reached Croatia (also NATO). So that makes me wonder about the state of the air defenses there.

    Croatian authorities say the drone came from the east and crossed the airspaces of Moldova, Romania and Hungary before entering Croatian ditto and crashing in the Zagreb area. That seems to more or less rule out a Russian launch IMO, as it would have come from the Odessa oblast or so given the maximum range of the system. Even if Russian patrols might be present at the far end, the Tu-141/143 is a big, bulky system and nothing you carry along just like that.

    But it also makes zero sense for Ukraine to launch one in the completely opposite direction of where the combat is, unless it was exactly that - an attempt at provoking NATO into acting. Completely bonkers idea, but I wouldn't put it past them.

    Also, as noted, air defense forces of four (!) countries failed to intercept it along the way. Okay, Moldova's ditto aren't much to brag about, but the other three are all NATO and all have decent radars and supersonic fighter jets that ought to have been on some kind of alert given what's going down right now.

    Perhaps the Ukrainians counted on it being shot down somewhere along the way too, instead of flying that far. Pure guesses. I expect some kind of proper briefing in time, which will hopefully help clearing things up.

    Twist: The authorities on Crimea say that a Tu-141 that was launched from the Odessa region was shot down over the peninsula:
    https://www.c-inform.info/news/id/101251

    They seem to imply that it happened around the same time as the Croatian crash, that two Tu-141s were launched from south eastern Ukraine, one in either direction (east and west). What are the Ukrainians up to, I wonder?

    Also, note the old-style Soviet stars on the supposedly Crimean one. I seem to recall that one Croatian journalist mentioned red stars on the Zagreb wreck as well. Have they been reactivated from some kind of ancient storage facility or taken straight from a museum? The Tu-141 that was shot down (or crashed on its own) in the Donbass years ago had the modern Ukrainian roundels on it at least.

    Crimean sources say it was shot down by Russian border air defense near Krasnoperekopsk, which is on the Crimean isthmus.

    No further details from either NATO or Russia about these bizarre Ukrainian antics yet, but I'm looking out for them.

    Sponsored content


    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #5 - Page 36 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #5

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed May 22, 2024 9:13 am