Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+81
Aristide
zorobabel
Cheetah
zepia
ludovicense
VARGR198
Serberus
Rasisuki Nebia
billybatts91
rigoletto
jhelb
mnztr
diabetus
Kiko
ahmedfire
Dima
TMA1
lancelot
Belisarius
walle83
Odin of Ossetia
AlfaT8
Urluber
mack8
Hannibal Barca
Podlodka77
LMFS
RTN
SeigSoloyvov
auslander
andalusia
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
Big_Gazza
Firebird
DerWolf
teh_beard
Kriva
ucmvulcan
Ispan
franco
Arrow
Azi
nomadski
Walther von Oldenburg
ALAMO
GunshipDemocracy
Dr.Snufflebug
Yugo90
Lurk83
Isos
adder
Hole
JohninMK
Scorpius
Werewolf
Singular_Transform
Airbornewolf
Sujoy
Mir
Stealthflanker
OminousSpudd
Vann7
miketheterrible
ATLASCUB
lyle6
magnumcromagnon
kvs
sundoesntrise
GarryB
thegopnik
Arkanghelsk
ArgentinaGuard
Erk
flamming_python
par far
Backman
Broski
Regular
Krepost
EkErilaz
d_taddei2
85 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #5

kvs
    kvs

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #5 - Page 15 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #5

Post  kvs Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:07 pm

People who thought bitcoin was some independent alternative to fiat are fully deluded. All sorts of coin "pockets" and trading outfits
    are banning Russian transactions. Obviously just as controlled as fiat.

GarryB, Werewolf, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, LMFS, Hole, lancelot and like this post

Broski
    Broski

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #5 - Page 15 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #5

Post  Broski Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:11 pm

I'm not Ukrainian so I'm not sure how Central Orcs feel about Western Orcs (where most of these so-called nationalists spawn from) or how much camaraderie there is between them, but would a split between Central and the West be likely if they had to choose between forming a new country with Neutral Status or a Neonazi/Mercenary insurgency pouring in from Western Ukraine and fought in their territory for years to come? 

I ask because nobody can seem to tell me what Russia's political options are if Zelenksy refuses to concede to Russia's demands which at this point, he has no reason to if he can remain president in exile from Poland, we also can't rely on the UN or any western based criminal courts or human rights organizations to have Russia's back on Ukrop wrongdoings.
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #5 - Page 15 TqDzZK2
    Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:17 pm

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #5 - Page 15 Fnupct10
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #5 - Page 15 Fnupcu10
    New Iskander missiles
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #5 - Page 15 Scree138
    Armored train was used to bring refugees to Crimea.

GarryB, kvs, JohninMK, Eugenio Argentina, LMFS, lyle6, Mir and like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:21 pm

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #5 - Page 15 Fnuzki10
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #5 - Page 15 Fnvuy-10

Big_Gazza, kvs and Arkanghelsk like this post

ArgentinaGuard

Post  ArgentinaGuard Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:27 pm

The collapse of the United States will be linked to the fall of the dollar in the coming years or decades. Add to that all the social disaster. That is something that will happen sooner or later. Surely when China makes the decision

Arkanghelsk and Urluber like this post

Urluber

Post  Urluber Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:28 pm

RTN wrote:
    I joined this forum in 2014 and since then I'm reading about the imminent collapse of the US. Sadly, the wishes of these forum members (quite a few of whom are Russian living in the West) have never been fulfilled.

This asshat who wrote this idiotic article should try his luck in movies, seems to have a fertile imagination.

Bro, USA is on retreat.
    It has been ousted from Middle East; very bloody nose in Afghanistan, failed miserably in Iraq from where it's soon being expelled, in Syria they failed also. Now Russia has stopped it in the arena which only recently was the easiest for Americans to push forward at - the Europe.

The emerging "Eurasian coalition" is actively creating two theaters with strong resistance: in Europe and in Asia. USA has already been forced to regroup: remember it pulled forces from Europe to relocate in Asia. This was naturally before the most recent developments. Russia surprised western theorists with their pants down by actually standing up.

I'm not going too deep in the geopolitical game in this thread because the thread is not about that.

Werewolf, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, Hole, lyle6, lancelot, Mir and like this post

magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:28 pm

kvs wrote:People who thought bitcoin was some independent alternative to fiat are fully deluded.   All sorts of coin "pockets" and trading outfits
    are banning Russian transactions.   Obviously just as controlled as fiat.

I never bought in to the "independent Bitcoin" hype in the first place. How can Bitcoin traders be 'independent' if they don't own the fiber-optic cables?

GarryB, kvs, JohninMK, miketheterrible, Hole and lancelot like this post

ArgentinaGuard

Post  ArgentinaGuard Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:33 pm

flamming_python wrote:Everyone has their guess as to what next

Russian forces do not appear to be trying to wipe out Ukrainian forces. Rather put them into cauldrons, take the roads, and conduct strikes against fuel storage, ammo storage and so on.

I'm still of the opinion that Russia has nothing to do around Kiev, and it doesn't look like negotiations are going anywhere.

With Kiev trying to drag the process out, I suspect Russia will move to try to establish a Ukrainian federation, with Yanukovich as its head, as ridiculous as that sounds

Hence the battle for Kharkov. The Ukrainian troops are not allowing civilians out via the humanitarian corridors agreed upon. They want to hold it at all costs

If Russia takes Kharkov, then it can establish the state, much how like Soviet Ukraine was established during the Civil War in Kharkov as a counterbalance against the Directorate of the Ukrainian People's Republic (a puppet of Germany).

Taking Kiev is necessary from the psychological point of view. It would be a blow to the West. It's stupid to lengthen your take. You have to do it now.

Hannibal Barca and Urluber like this post

d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Post  d_taddei2 Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:39 pm

Mir wrote:
    RTN wrote:
    Mir wrote:Also posted on The Saker from Michael Hudson >> excellent piece
    I joined this forum in 2014 and since then I'm reading about the imminent collapse of the US. Sadly, the wishes of these forum members (quite a few of whom are Russian living in the West) have never been fulfilled.

This asshat who wrote this idiotic article should try his luck in movies, seems to have a fertile imagination.

With this conflict you and your EU partners have just isolated yourself from the the rest of the world and you are going to pay for it in Dollars, Euros and Pounds every single day. Europe can not survive without Russian gas and oil. Even the US is now looking at their hard core enemies (Venezuela and Iran) for an oil lifeline! The three winners here are China, India and Russia and they are looking into the distance waving you goodbye! Laughing      

That must be the reason why USA have planned a meeting with Venezuela. Let me who Iran and Venezuela aren't stupid and don't forget what USA did to them and that they remember who stuck by them. I highly doubt Venezuela or Iran will do anything stupid they will never trust USA.
    AlfaT8
    AlfaT8

Post  AlfaT8 Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:43 pm

d_taddei2 wrote:So Russia is now the most sanctioned country on earth 5,530 sanctions more than Iran or North Korea. Must have hit a nerve with the west. Despite all these sanctions Russia doesn't seem to care and the sanctions haven't stopped them. All these yet the west continues to hurt itself with these so-called sanctions quite funny really. Goes to show sanctions aren't as effective as the west makes out

They will false flag nuke themselves, before thwy admit they f'ed up.
    No joke.

The west will just keep raising the stakes, it's like they are trying to out Alpha Russia/Putin.
    Its all so crazy.

Last edited by AlfaT8 on Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

GarryB and Werewolf like this post

EkErilaz
    EkErilaz

Post  EkErilaz Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:53 pm

Stealthflanker wrote:
    Scorpius wrote:
    Arkanghelsk wrote:Guys Romanians are saying the Mig 21 was shot down by Ukrainian s300

🇷🇴 🇺🇦 ❗Румыния заявила, что истребитель МиГ-21 национальных ВВС был сбит украинской зенитной ракетой, предположительно, комплекса С-300ПС

Romania stated that the MiG-21 fighter of the National Air Force was shot down by a Ukrainian anti-aircraft missile, presumably of the S-300PS complex

I still don't see confirmation of this news anywhere except for telegram channels, a post on Vkontakte and on Yaplakal. This may well turn out to be a fake, since no one gives a link to the original source of such a statement from Romania.

Someone geolocated the footage

https://www.sinodefenceforum.com/t/ukrainian-war-developments.8899/post-801014

It's yes at 28th of February and at Town of Makariv. No Russians were there at that time.

I have found this in one of the russian Osint channels:
    t.me/rybar/26429

So, there was russians in the area that day, they were even in combat.
    But i'm not going to speculate on who is doing the shooting.
    Could be an accident, could be Ukrainians. impossible to tell.
    d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Post  d_taddei2 Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:54 pm

Broski wrote:I'm not Ukrainian so I'm not sure how Central Orcs feel about Western Orcs (where most of these so-called nationalists spawn from) or how much camaraderie there is between them, but would a split between Central and the West be likely if they had to choose between forming a new country with Neutral Status or a Neonazi/Mercenary insurgency pouring in from Western Ukraine and fought in their territory for years to come? 

I ask because nobody can seem to tell me what Russia's political options are if Zelenksy refuses to concede to Russia's demands which at this point, he has no reason to if he can remain president in exile from Poland, we also can't rely on the UN or any western based criminal courts or human rights organizations to have Russia's back on Ukrop wrongdoings.
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #5 - Page 15 TqDzZK2

Until zelensky sits down and does a deal we won't know exactly what will happen. But what's certain Crimea, Donetsk and Lugansk regions will be recognised. And I would expect Russia will ensure the rest of the southern Ukraine part is turned into a break away region with pro Russian status with Yanukovych in charge. It would be also better if they included the central part east of the river to me it makes sense having a river border lol! This can be a bonus for Russian troop loses lol! The rest of the central area to be neutral with a pro Russian government installed or at at least a partial one with arms reduced to defence force only. The western area and orc breeding ground area can be under zelensky and his Nazi orcs, they sit getting handouts from IMF and EU while dreaming of EU and NATO membership (which will never happen). The population of Ukraine will have a choice then pro Russian/neutral/orcland. Choice is theirs. As for the 2million fled into EU they won't return instead they believe they have made it to EU utopia lol!

Hole likes this post

d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Post  d_taddei2 Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:56 pm

Has there been any footage of Mi-28 being used only seen
    mi-35 and Ka-52.
    Arrow

Post  Arrow Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:09 pm

NATO will, however, donate planes to Ukraine. Shocked
    Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:14 pm

d_taddei2 wrote:Has there been any footage of Mi-28 being used only seen
    mi-35 and Ka-52.

I saw some reports of mi-28 but not that many. It seems they don't use it a lot.

d_taddei2 and Arkanghelsk like this post

Erk
    Erk

Post  Erk Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:19 pm

magnumcromagnon wrote:
    kvs wrote:People who thought bitcoin was some independent alternative to fiat are fully deluded.   All sorts of coin "pockets" and trading outfits

I never bought in to the "independent Bitcoin" hype in the first place. How can Bitcoin traders be 'independent' if they don't own the fiber-optic cables?

kvs talks absolute BS.
    Bitcoin is a peer to peer protocol designed to be used without the need for a middle man.
    If you are sending or receiving Bitcoin via a middle man eg. Coinbase, then you have been sucked in to using Bitcoin not as intended, and you can have your coins stolen.

Big_Gazza, zepia, miketheterrible, Broski and sundoesntrise like this post

d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Post  d_taddei2 Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:27 pm

UK energy minister and Zelensky must have been sharing the same crack pipe today  lol! Still waiting to see all these pictures and videos of these 10k Russian troops dead they show everything else why not this? Haven't they managed to make fakes yet?

Ukraine offering $1mn for Russian pilots to defect as they become desperate for aircraft comical  lol!

And USA banning Russian oil will have serious blacklash and USA and EU divided on Russian Energy. Suddenly these sanctions don't seem so impressive.

Updates

1) Russian troops captured northern part of Izyum town, all bridges over Siversky Donets blown up

2) The White House: Imposing a limited no-fly zone over Ukraine to protect civilians is an escalatory step

3) Polish MFA: "The authorities of Poland are ready to deploy –immediately and free of charge – all their MIG-29 jets to the Rammstein Air Base and place them at the disposal of the USA At the same Poland requests U.S. to provide us with used aircraft with corresponding operational capabilities"

4)António Guterres Secretary-General of the United Nations: Developing countries cannot afford the skyrocketing prices of food, fuel and other commodities

5) New imagery from Baranovichi air base reveals the arrival of another A50 / A100 AWACS to the air base (in addition to those we revealed on March 6th) and 2 Mil Mi-26 helicopters

6) LVIV, Ukraine, March 8 (Reuters) - Ukrainian state arms manufacturer Ukroboronprom said on Tuesday it would pay $1 million to anyone who captured a combat-ready Russian military aircraft - an offer it said was open to Russian pilots wanting to switch sides.

7) Ukrainian President before British Parliament: Russian losses exceeded 10,000 soldiers

8 ) Kyiv has about 10 days to two weeks of supplies yet, as Russia tries to choke off Ukraine Capital, said Director of the Defense Intelligence Agency Berrier. "With supplies being cut off, it will become somewhat desperate," General Berrier said

9) Foreign Minister Baerbock currently believes that Putin cannot be stopped. Baerbock at @BILD: "We must do everything to stop this war. This President is apparently unstoppable at the moment because he is crossing all human boundaries."

10) Latest @planet imagery shows the flooding of the land north of Kyiv stop the advance of Russian troops last week. Believed to caused by opening of a large flood gate.

11) Sweden's Prime Minister: Accession to NATO May Destabilise Europe

12) OPEC Believes Oil Price Now 'Unhealthy' for Everyone, Expects Quick Crisis Resolution

13) Putin Signs Decree on Special Economic Measures in Field of Foreign Economic Activity to Ensure Russia's Security

14) S&P Global: Events in Ukraine Will Lead to Global Oil Supply Disruption, Possible Biggest in History Since Russia is Irreplaceable as Supplier

15) Borrell: EU Does Not Intend to Ban Russian Energy Imports

16) CIA Chief: US, Ukraine Doing 'Intensive' Intelligence Sharing

17) UK to Stop Importing Russian Oil & Oil Products by End of 2022, Energy Minister Says

18) Scholars: US Ban on Russian Oil Expected to Unleash Hell on Consumers & Upend Dems' Election Odds

Last edited by d_taddei2 on Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:30 pm; edited 2 times in total

magnumcromagnon, JohninMK and Urluber like this post

ArgentinaGuard

Post  ArgentinaGuard Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:27 pm

What they are doing to Russia has never been seen in human history. Not even Nazi Germany had such sanctions.

magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, miketheterrible and Urluber like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:33 pm

Regular wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:
    What about the helicopter that followed it?

That helicopter was shot by the Russians.
    Seriously, it was weather conditions, no reports of anything else involved so far.

A little suspicious given their trajectory towards the Ukrainian border
    Broski
    Broski

Post  Broski Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:44 pm

3) Polish MFA: "The authorities of Poland are ready to deploy –immediately and free of charge – all their MIG-29 jets to the Rammstein Air Base and place them at the disposal of the USA At the same Poland requests U.S. to provide us with used aircraft with corresponding operational capabilities"
    Seems like Poland doesn't want these fighter jets using Polish air bases to launch attacks in the Ukraine, that's uncharacteristically intelligent of them.

Werewolf, d_taddei2, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, LMFS and Yugo90 like this post

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:45 pm

Erk wrote:
    magnumcromagnon wrote:

kvs talks absolute BS.
    Bitcoin is a peer to peer protocol designed to be used without the need for a middle man.
    If you are sending or receiving Bitcoin via a middle man eg. Coinbase, then you have been sucked in to using Bitcoin not as intended, and you can have your coins stolen.

You are the BS spammer. Nobody trades bitcoin peer to peer.

You are also denying that bitcoin pocket outfits are banning Russian bitcoin holders. Thus you are full of shit.

magnumcromagnon likes this post

Odin of Ossetia
    Odin of Ossetia

Post  Odin of Ossetia Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:56 pm

Broski wrote:
    Seems like Poland doesn't want these fighter jets using Polish air bases to launch attacks in the Ukraine, that's uncharacteristically intelligent of them.

Polish government already stated that it will not give Ukraine any aircraft.

I have no idea where these false claims come from.

But today some Polish government minister claimed that the MiG-29 fighter jets of the Polish Air Force can be transferred to the U.S. military, which in turn might give them to Ukraine.

It could be that the minister is acting on his own (the minister in question has a German surname: Rau).

Polish government also denied the claim that it will allow the Ukrainian military to use any facilities in Poland.

Last edited by Odin of Ossetia on Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Urluber

Post  Urluber Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:00 pm

ArgentinaGuard wrote:What they are doing to Russia has never been seen in human history. Not even Nazi Germany had such sanctions.

Yes.
    And there is good reason for that: Russia is also the only one who has been able to stand against the western hordes. I mean there is no non-western country in the history of mankind other than Russia who would have raised its flag over Berlin, marched with its army through triumph arch of Paris. There are still memorial tombs of American soldiers somewhere in Vladivostok from their previous attempt to have a say at matters in Russia.

Western power circles are fully aware of this. And they are now doing everything to prevent Russia gaining more strength. It's their job. But so it is the job of Russia to make sure they fail again - as every other time in the history when they have tried.

Last edited by Urluber on Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

magnumcromagnon and Big_Gazza like this post

d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Post  d_taddei2 Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:02 pm

Odin of Ossetia wrote:
    Broski wrote:

Polish government already stated that it will not give Ukraine any aircraft.

I have no idea where these false claims come from.

It also denied the claim that it will allow the Ukrainian military to use any facilities in Poland.

Not fake came from polish government. CNN also covered the story. The only difference now is that they are not willing to have the aircraft based in Poland but Germany. Making Germany a target. I am sure Germany will tell them to piss off with their Mig-29. And USA already backed the move however at the same time it didn't have aircraft to give Poland although they were looking at options. These statements came governments not Twitter. I highly doubt that Ukraine pilots will want to as soon as they fly over the border into Ukraine S-400 will get them.

Poland said on Tuesday that it was ready to deploy — immediately and free of charge — all their MiG-29 fighter jets to the US Air Force’s Ramstein Air Base in Germany and place them at the disposal of Washington to provide them to Ukraine, according to a statement from the Polish foreign ministry.

“At the same time, Poland requests the United States to provide us with used aircraft with corresponding operational capabilities. Poland is ready to immediately establish the conditions of purchase of the planes,” it added.
    The Polish government in the statement urged “other NATO Allies — owners of MIG-29 jets — to act in the same vein.”

A senior US defense official tells CNN that they've seen the Polish government’s announcement and "have nothing to offer at this time

USA finally made a statement on it.

U.S. Under Secretary of State Nuland says Poland's decision to put all its Mig-29 jets at U.S. disposal was not pre-consulted with the United States

Last edited by d_taddei2 on Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

Arrow, Big_Gazza and LMFS like this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:06 pm

I have one comment folks.
    Watched the Yakov Kedmi entry with Soloviov, and must confess, that it was a sad experience for me.
    Mr. Kedmi, who used to be a really brilliant source of valid opinions, is now ... just an old man.
    He is just sitting there, telling his paid blah blah blah ...
    Saying that with no disrespect, as we all will be just old pals one day.
    Sometimes, it is better to turn around and walk away, rather to stubbornly hold the ground that you don't control&understand anymore...
    He hardly understands, what is going on.
    Never contested his knowledge and experience, still ... he has functionally none from the discussed perspective.
    A whole bloody Israel, where he lives for decades and makes his bold prognosis out of, is 22k km2 ...
    Thay is less than fucking TENTH of the area the Russian army took under control in 9 days - if we exclude ceasefire periods.
    He has no bloody clue about the matter.
    To get the point :
    Bagration, one of the most devastating, fast, and terrifying campaigns in war history, took 2+ months and was performed in Summer.
    Red Army advanced a maximum of 650km, smashing everything the Germans could relocate from all theatres.
    They just rolled over the defense of the mightiest army ever created - after the Red Army.
    They had about 2:1 advantage in manpower alone, yet multiplied in tanks and artillery, and equal airforce.

Now, the Russian Army, advanced 300+ km in both Kiyev and Vosnesensk direction in functionally 9-10 days.
    Having fewer troops on the ground in the initial stage, about on pair with armored gear and artillery, and airforce can be a matter of discussion, as we don't know how many pieces Russkies throw to the battle.
    They are outnumbered in manpower 2:1 at the moment - I mean the Russkies.

Commenting that as a static war, slow, unprogressive... is just a matter of lack of understanding ...

Soldiers need rest. Equipment needs repairs. Supplies need to be brought. Supply lines need to be secured. The claimed area needs to be secured.

The gains they made, are actually more terrifying than Bagration back there, and I mean it.

The era of Yakov is gone.
    It is inevitable.

Hail to you, sir! It was a real pleasure for years to hear&learn from you!

GarryB, flamming_python, Arrow, d_taddei2, zepia, miketheterrible, Hole and like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 8:28 pm