Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+34
Yugo90
Airbornewolf
Arkanghelsk
SeigSoloyvov
ALAMO
kvs
Isos
d_taddei2
Regular
littlerabbit
SturmGuard
Godric
AlfaT8
miketheterrible
Airman
BM-21
mack8
calm
ExBeobachter1987
KiloGolf
franco
marat
medo
OminousSpudd
PapaDragon
Viktor
Cyberspec
Prince Darling
Werewolf
NickM
GarryB
Battalion0415
George1
Russian Patriot
38 posters

Serbian Air Force Needs and Modernization

Serbian Air Force Needs and Modernization - Page 5 Empty Re: Serbian Air Force Needs and Modernization

Post  Guest Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:57 pm

Cyberspec wrote:They have large stocks left over from the Yugoslav Army so I suppose it makes sense to upgrade them. I think the Maljutka is till the most numerous ATGM in service with the Serbian Army. Apart from the ground based platform, the Airforce's Gazelle light helicopters are armed with it

Serbian Air Force Needs and Modernization - Page 5 2093198

Very few of standard ground launchers are in use, so Fagots are more numerous in reality, Maljutka simulators are still there tho for reserve personel. So you can count only POLO launchers and those few Gamas that still fly and number is quite small actually.

Serbia is pushing that design for modernisation due to fact that is our technological and financial maximum at this moment. In reality army has little interest for that freak, however that is what we can afford...if that.
    d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Serbian Air Force Needs and Modernization - Page 5 Empty Re: Serbian Air Force Needs and Modernization

Post  d_taddei2 Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:51 am

Militarov wrote:
    Cyberspec wrote:They have large stocks left over from the Yugoslav Army so I suppose it makes sense to upgrade them. I think the Maljutka is till the most numerous ATGM in service with the Serbian Army. Apart from the ground based platform, the Airforce's Gazelle light helicopters are armed with it

Very few of standard ground launchers are in use, so Fagots are more numerous in reality, Maljutka simulators are still there tho for reserve personel. So you can count only POLO launchers and those few Gamas that still fly and number is quite small actually.

Serbia is pushing that design for modernisation due to fact that is our technological and financial maximum at this moment. In reality army has little interest for that freak, however that is what we can afford...if that.

I like the fact that they have improved the sagger to be still effective. And yeah money is real issue. Konkurs would be sufficient and if they had the money Ansat 2RC would be good replacement for gazelle. Although a few years ago the UK had a big clear out of gazelle selling starting price was 20k up to 50-60k which is pretty cheap wonder if Serbia bought cheap ones for to be stripped for spares

Post  Guest Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:24 pm

d_taddei2 wrote:
    Militarov wrote:

I like the fact that they have improved the sagger to be still effective. And yeah money is real issue. Konkurs would be sufficient and if they had the money Ansat 2RC would be good replacement for gazelle. Although a few years ago the UK had a big clear out of gazelle selling starting price was 20k up to 50-60k which is pretty cheap wonder if Serbia bought cheap ones for to be stripped for spares  

Sadly no. When its about spares for Gamas and Gazelle... there is a whole comic story here, as we managed to sell the company that owns tools and equipment that used to produce spares for less than 1 million USD.

Serbia 1/1 for you.
    Cyberspec
    Cyberspec

Post  Cyberspec Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:12 pm

Sad to hear....I spent a year at Nish airbase back in the 80's. Back then there were 2 Gazelle squadrons (1 x GAMA sq) based there and over 20 Mi-8's
    SturmGuard

Post  SturmGuard Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:44 pm

Any truth in the rumours of 3 "Russian" MiG-29 already doing overflights today?

Post  Guest Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:04 am

SturmGuard wrote:Any truth in the rumours of 3 "Russian" MiG-29 already doing overflights today?

Not to my knowledge.
    littlerabbit
    littlerabbit

Post  littlerabbit Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:23 pm

Three Orao planes over Presevo, this morning. Cool

littlerabbit
    littlerabbit

Post  littlerabbit Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:09 am

Looks like we will have some new acquisitions in our AF...4 new Mi-17's and 4 new Mi-35's and some stuff for the Army. Smile

http://tass.com/defense/997538

Serbian Air Force Needs and Modernization - Page 5 Empty "The Serbian military aircraft Super Galeb (SOKO G-4 Super Galeb)

Post  Guest Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:48 pm

Serbian Air Force Needs and Modernization - Page 5 20180411110913_473105

"The Serbian military aircraft Super Galeb (SOKO G-4 Super Galeb) crashed to the northeast of Belgrade near the town of Kovacice, the Serbian Defense Ministry said on Wednesday. The two pilots ejected before the crash, but one of them died as a result of the incident.

"In today’s crash of the combat trainer aircraft SOKO G-4 Super Galeb, one pilot of the Technical Testing Center died after ejecting, the co-pilot sustained injuries. He is conscious and was transported to the Military Medical Academy in Belgrade," the statement read.

The newspaper reports that the co-pilot was taken to the Military Medical Academy in Belgrade. Defense Minister Aleksandar Vulin and Army Chief of Staff Gen. Ljubisa Dikovic visited the co-pilot in hospital, the ministry added.

An investigation has been opened into the incident."

Source: https://sputniknews.com/europe/201804111063433589-plane-crash-serbia/
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:41 am

RIP..
    By the way, what is the state of G-4 fleet? I assume it's pretty aging platform is there a replacement comming?

Post  Guest Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:30 pm

Regular wrote:RIP..
    By the way, what is the state of G-4 fleet? I assume it's pretty aging platform is there a replacement comming?

Well... state is apparently quite bad.

They are actually planning to use them at least up to 2030, maybe even longer. There were some negotiations to modernise few in cooperation with Airbus. But i am not sure if that is great idea atm. Replacement doesnt seem to be in the plans. At peak we had 9 flying i believe one of which is target towing variant. In reality you can count on probably 5 or 6 ready to fly.

On average overhaul pace is 1 piece a year. In total 8 were overhauled in 8 last years. Youngest two borts were produced in 1991. Spares are basically unexisting these days so... idk, its sad story in general.
    d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Post  d_taddei2 Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:31 pm

Militarov wrote:
    Regular wrote:RIP..

Well... state is apparently quite bad.

They are actually planning to use them at least up to 2030, maybe even longer. There were some negotiations to modernise few in cooperation with Airbus. But i am not sure if that is great idea atm. Replacement doesnt seem to be in the plans. At peak we had 9 flying i believe one of which is target towing variant. In reality you can count on probably 5 or 6 ready to fly.

On average overhaul pace is 1 piece a year. In total 8 were overhauled in 8 last years. Youngest two borts were produced in 1991. Spares are basically unexisting these days so... idk, its sad story in general.

Yak-130 would be ideal replacement although money is an issue to would be better to ground majority keeping 2 and money saved in upgrades every year they could use towards getting yaks slowly yes it would cost more but better than throwing money at something that really needs replacing or another deal with Russia for 12 multi role yak-130 would be ideal.

Post  Guest Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:52 pm

d_taddei2 wrote:

Yak-130 would be ideal replacement although money is an issue to would be better to ground majority keeping 2 and money saved in upgrades every year they could use towards getting yaks slowly yes it would cost more but better than throwing money at something that really needs replacing or another deal with Russia for 12 multi role yak-130 would be ideal.

With these MiG-29 deals and Mi-17s, Mi-35s i dont think we have any money to get trainers unless like they are like gifted to us. MiG-29 deal will be like 200 million in total.
    d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Post  d_taddei2 Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:50 pm

Militarov wrote:
    d_taddei2 wrote:

With these MiG-29 deals and Mi-17s, Mi-35s i dont think we have any money to get trainers unless like they are like gifted to us. MiG-29 deal will be like 200 million in total.

Like I said don't upgrade other older aircraft to save money then buy multi role (not trainers) these would now replace the older yugo aircraft an improved engine would be great on the yak something that brought speed up to around
    800-1000 mph. This would be a good replacement. They could possibly do a credit agreement with the money saved from not upgrading older aircraft as a down payment. Yak are cheaper than mig and it's likely the only affordable option to them.
    Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:12 pm

Militarov wrote:
    d_taddei2 wrote:

Wouldn't it be cheaper to send pilots in russia for training ? They don't need yak-130 to be trained for mig-29. Older soviet trainers are good enough.

Post  Guest Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:33 pm

d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Post  d_taddei2 Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:33 am

Isos wrote:
    Militarov wrote:
    d_taddei2 wrote:

Wouldn't it be cheaper to send pilots in russia for training ?  They don't need yak-130 to be trained for mig-29. Older soviet trainers are good enough.

I think you failed to read the post clearly. I stated multi role to replace yugo aircraft further up the thread this was to replace yugo attack aircraft they are looking to upgrade old aircraft recently a few have crashed. A MULTI ROLE yak -130 with slightly more powerful engine could replace them giving the serbs more options for weapons and it wouldn't break the bank. Not having a go at you just pointing out my point.
    Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:45 am

d_taddei2 wrote:
    Isos wrote:
    Militarov wrote:
    d_taddei2 wrote:

Wouldn't it be cheaper to send pilots in russia for training ?  They don't need yak-130 to be trained for mig-29. Older soviet trainers are good enough.

I think you failed to read the post clearly. I stated multi role to replace yugo aircraft further up the thread this was to replace yugo attack aircraft they are looking to upgrade old aircraft recently a few have crashed. A MULTI ROLE yak -130 with slightly more powerful engine could replace them giving the serbs more options for weapons and it wouldn't break the bank. Not having a go at you just pointing out my point.

It's doubtful they achieve to keep in service the mig-29 they received, if you add 12 yak which are modern and not that cheap aircraft they win't for sure have enough in the budget.
    d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Post  d_taddei2 Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:01 pm

Isos wrote:
    d_taddei2 wrote:
    Isos wrote:
    Militarov wrote:
    d_taddei2 wrote:

It's doubtful they achieve to keep in service the mig-29 they received, if you add 12 yak which are modern and not that cheap aircraft they win't for sure have enough in the budget.
    Yak -130 are cheap not many aircraft around with capabilities and price of around $16mn. Cheaper to maintain than mig-29. Yes their budget is a problem and needs sorting they should focus on upgrading existing land based systems and buy small amounts of new equipment likely their own home grown equipment and buy cheap aircraft on a credit deal with Russia. It will take time. Too much money spent building one off items for show that very few rarely buy. Money better spent on above.
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:31 am

Ceremony of the first MiG-29 fighters received from Russia into the Serbian Air Force

Serbian Air Force Needs and Modernization - Page 5 5826559_original

In Serbia, on August 22, 2018, the first two MiG-29 fighters were introduced into the Air Force, which were transferred to the republic by Russia within the framework of military-technical assistance. The event was held with the participation of Serbian President Alexander Vucic.

According to the Serbian leader, at the ceremony, repairs and upgrades of another six MiG-29s, which are jointly carried out by Serbian and Russian specialists, are currently being completed. According to Vucic, all fighters will be put into service for the parade in Belgrade in November 2018.

Alexander Vučić, at the presentation of two modernized MiG-29 from Russia, offered to name these and 6 other similar cars the names of the hero pilots who died in the confrontation of NATO aggression against the Federal Republic of Yugoslavia in 1999.

"My proposal, I hope that the Serbian Armed Forces will support it so that these aircraft will be named after the heroes from the period of NATO aggression: Velichkovic, Djuric, Radosavljevic, Pavlovich ... All of them gave their lives then," the Serbian president said. The biography of the heroes leads the agency Tanyug.

Serbian Air Force Needs and Modernization - Page 5 UITwBqlU-RAT1oeQSZw5bvZ2pVY_ngumCOurktFEicOvnMOCEVuQtWEdzOcc3t_-DwlVhaZysc-szSNvdHmn3eYFnBGxjFV7M4xeTrqoVVwDKjlqDWl5gnH-L19n0yGg

Serbian Air Force Needs and Modernization - Page 5 UITwBqlU-RAT1oeQSZw5bvZ2pVY_ngumCOurktFEicOvnMOCEVuQtWEdzOcc3t_-DwlVhaZysc-szSNvdHmn3Xltqagx7MlBJ-V5BtfyIy_gROBD9Z6PzRSdCRzSKu5R

Serbian Air Force Needs and Modernization - Page 5 UITwBqlU-RAT1oeQSZw5bvZ2pVY_ngumCOurktFEicOvnMOCEVuQtWEdzOcc3t_-DwlVhaZysc-szSNvdHmn3WBcXnbMFKFv7Q4LRFwEc1wmQK-gs_DJtJMO6a624Alu

Serbian Air Force Needs and Modernization - Page 5 UITwBqlU-RAT1oeQSZw5bvZ2pVY_ngumCOurktFEicOvnMOCEVuQtWEdzOcc3t_-DwlVhaZysc-szSNvdHmn3bVEaZoHfUjrhrvF1uZ9_jnlf0dN7Fyh1_sBtzV7KS4D

Serbian Air Force Needs and Modernization - Page 5 UITwBqlU-RAT1oeQSZw5bvZ2pVY_ngumCOurktFEicOvnMOCEVuQtWEdzOcc3t_-DwlVhaZysc-szSNvdHmn3WD2bN7GHXoJ4E9P2WWboem9RDqvrOEfO8igz9MV5QlW

https://bmpd.livejournal.com/3319172.html
    Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:54 pm

https://www.defensenews.com/unmanned/2018/09/20/serbia-looks-to-acquire-chinese-drones-and-the-technological-know-how/

Serbia wants to buy armed drones to China.
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:06 am

Belarus transferred 4 MiG-29 fighters to Serbia.

Thus the total amount of MiG-29s in Serbian air force reached the 14 aicrafts

Serbian Air Force Needs and Modernization - Page 5 DQUXFHlHH5LpCmMDLIYpphndPJd05MPOpqZS418fILycd8btsj4GY0SgcGppn49rQT7Aob6ye9fg2KG2zt8YxsXBRCbn2UgmaPxFTPM2Q29FGE3Kx1sfygvIpCK7DqoHMBTEHk5hdy71U9wNezg5Eg

Serbian Air Force Needs and Modernization - Page 5 DQUXFHlHH5LpCmMDLIYpphndPJd05MPOpqZS418fILycd8btsj4GY0SgcGppn49rQT7Aob6ye9fg2KG2zt8YxsXBRCbn2UgmaPxFTPM2Q2_O9uQPqvfXQfVSVtBX4tkC3FOf39Hrtcn-4rcKxXVK5A

Serbian Air Force Needs and Modernization - Page 5 DQUXFHlHH5LpCmMDLIYpphndPJd05MPOpqZS418fILycd8btsj4GY0SgcGppn49ruIz-D5z0eIeerVCQl6M8V0IVy1jJJgzqsdY-_ADEC5eBCr-tpyLu4d4toE8db7dD

Serbian Air Force Needs and Modernization - Page 5 DQUXFHlHH5LpCmMDLIYpphndPJd05MPOpqZS418fILycd8btsj4GY0SgcGppn49ruIz-D5z0eIeerVCQl6M8V8FeGWTQfuxeUMNroy-EG3WR947pdDtaguQCj8aLQbg4

Serbian Air Force Needs and Modernization - Page 5 DQUXFHlHH5LpCmMDLIYpphndPJd05MPOpqZS418fILycd8btsj4GY0SgcGppn49ruIz-D5z0eIeerVCQl6M8V9dmmQ-YXTobflKUmP_uWvaRC6YDVU4mnfNqUctyFpLr

Serbian Air Force Needs and Modernization - Page 5 DQUXFHlHH5LpCmMDLIYpphndPJd05MPOpqZS418fILycd8btsj4GY0SgcGppn49ruIz-D5z0eIeerVCQl6M8V2U4OX1QsKhJ0-73Q1UqqYw5kbr8-zNQGG8UeTxrqxNd

https://bmpd.livejournal.com/3546888.html
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:24 pm

Serbia modernizes light attack aircraft НЈ-22 Orao

As the Serbian war journalist Svetozar Jokanovic told our blog, the Serbian Air Force decided to restore the airworthiness of the light attack aircraft NЈ-22 Orao.

On the storage bases, double variants of HЈ-22 Orao were selected, which were in storage with a slight touch.

Serbian Air Force Needs and Modernization - Page 5 J-2210
    One of the intended for repair and modernization attack aircraft NJ-22 Orao Serbian Air Force (s) Svetozar Yokanovich

For example, one of the selected instances is the HJ-22 ​​with the number 25505, released in September 1987. After a short service at the VOC (Test Center), he was transferred to the 241st Yugoslav Air Force fighter-bombing squadron, had a flight time of 555 hours and was decommissioned in June 1996. The reason was simple - Serbia, under pressure from the international community, had to abandon a large number of weapons.

Selected aircraft are currently being sent to the Serbian aircraft repair plant Moma Stanoilovic, where they will undergo major repairs and the first stage of modernization. HJ-22 ​​was designed as an aircraft for training pilots (combat training).

Now there is a modernization of the navigation system, fire control system, changes to the rear cockpit and will make the plane completely different. The rear cockpit is no longer intended for the instructor, now there will be a navigator - the weapons operator.

At the next stage, the aircraft will receive a container with the necessary weapons for a specially designed for the upgraded version of the HJ-22: its main weapon will be the VRVZ-200 (VRVZ-200) guided missile with television and inertial guidance with a range of more than 40 kilometers. It also provides for the installation of new guided missiles M-16D and guided laser-guided bombs LVB-250 - all weapons of Serbian production.

It is assumed that after the work, the aircraft will remain in operation in the Serbian Air Force until 2035

https://bmpd.livejournal.com/3826056.html
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:46 pm

Construction of hangars for Serbian MiG-29 fighters at the Bataynitsa airfield

On November 16, 2019, the Minister of Defense of Serbia, Alexander Vulin, visited the Bataynitsa air force and air defense airfield near Belgrade, where he familiarized himself with the construction of infrastructure there, primarily hangars, to ensure the deployment of MiG-29 fighters recently received by Serbia from Russia and Belarus. It was announced that construction work will be completed by the end of the year.

Serbian Air Force Needs and Modernization - Page 5 120
    Two Serbian Air Force and Air Defense MiG-29 fighters received from Russia in 2017 (tail numbers "18151" and "18201") at the Bataynitsa airfield against the background of hangars under construction for them, 11/16/2019 (c) Ministry of Defense of Serbia

Recall that the Serbian Air Force now has 14 MiG-29 fighters, including three MiG-29s of the 9-12B type (tail numbers 18101, 18102, 18108) and one MiG-29UB (tail number 18301), transferred from the former Yugoslav Air Force Russia, from the presence in 2017 of four MiG-29s - one of type 9-12A (tail number 18151) and three types of 9-13 (tail numbers 18201, 18202, 18203) - and two MiG-29UB (tail numbers 18351 and 18352), and four transferred by Belarus from the presence in 2019 of the MiG-29 type 9-13 (tail numbers 18204, 18205, 18206 and 18207).

Serbian Air Force Needs and Modernization - Page 5 75352310
    Serbian Air Force Needs and Modernization - Page 5 75354410
    Serbian Air Force Needs and Modernization - Page 5 75346710
    Serbian Air Force Needs and Modernization - Page 5 75358310
    Serbian Air Force Needs and Modernization - Page 5 75360110
    Serbian Air Force Needs and Modernization - Page 5 75363810

https://bmpd.livejournal.com/3844448.html
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:16 am

4 Mi-35 helicopters officially delivered to Serbian Airforce

https://bmpd.livejournal.com/3865362.html

Serbian Air Force Needs and Modernization - Page 5 FvghEp2fIhNmZ98AKwDR5Qp3cDZUR2n3u9WsDg0dGmu7lHzPhd2XdsBIk0PLYAKh69f7KI1A9NZCYcyaC827PbPrtU7aUtXzKQOxgYEkGF_KxxbHgDIYLuUPxn8ZoN4h

Serbian Air Force Needs and Modernization - Page 5 FvghEp2fIhNmZ98AKwDR5Qp3cDZUR2n3u9WsDg0dGmu7lHzPhd2XdsBIk0PLYAKh69f7KI1A9NZCYcyaC827PeB0a14cLnzuj-e2iLo-YpdUw0E8TtrIQbwUJMiap9SU

Serbian Air Force Needs and Modernization - Page 5 FvghEp2fIhNmZ98AKwDR5Qp3cDZUR2n3u9WsDg0dGmu7lHzPhd2XdsBIk0PLYAKh69f7KI1A9NZCYcyaC827PWY-NRPYpBcVO_oVu60hxN1ThKMAlP2TIhI8USXbyLng

Serbian Air Force Needs and Modernization - Page 5 FvghEp2fIhNmZ98AKwDR5Qp3cDZUR2n3u9WsDg0dGmu7lHzPhd2XdsBIk0PLYAKh69f7KI1A9NZCYcyaC827PVTsLS2qhssX3Md3s7Kz7k_hTqqQa2ujSI69BV55-kou

Serbian Air Force Needs and Modernization - Page 5 FvghEp2fIhNmZ98AKwDR5Qp3cDZUR2n3u9WsDg0dGmu7lHzPhd2XdsBIk0PLYAKh69f7KI1A9NZCYcyaC827Pc7jvNsSQloUBUpcbhMitGhUZr4_ytetfzlE0CZJl5K7

Mi-171 and H-145M fleet is also filling up nicely:

Serbian Air Force Needs and Modernization - Page 5 FvghEp2fIhNmZ98AKwDR5Qp3cDZUR2n3u9WsDg0dGmu7lHzPhd2XdsBIk0PLYAKh69f7KI1A9NZCYcyaC827PYOxDByaDTxl8TrXnGjrAUI7A7NOPNSS3PeQ7cOpTofg

Serbian Air Force Needs and Modernization - Page 5 FvghEp2fIhNmZ98AKwDR5Qp3cDZUR2n3u9WsDg0dGmu7lHzPhd2XdsBIk0PLYAKh69f7KI1A9NZCYcyaC827PXruH-ln5yObhT0loE5c768RjQbc02ZavFBabMfkn7aw

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:39 pm