Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+56
KomissarBojanchev
Hisroyalhighness
Big_Gazza
Osobist
Akula971
Teshub
Karl Haushofer
Walther von Oldenburg
magnumcromagnon
type055
Inetwarrior
Cyberspec
Bolt
Cowboy's daughter
flamming_python
whir
collegeboy16
Viktor
Monarchist
Morpheus Eberhardt
alexZam
medo
par far
Vann7
GarryB
Cahaba
Rodinazombie
TheArmenian
sepheronx
ExBeobachter1987
gregoire
Mr.Comrade
macedonian
max steel
KoTeMoRe
Regular
etaepsilonk
higurashihougi
Khepesh
auslander
Erk
Werewolf
Admin
franco
cheesfactory
Airbornewolf
Godric
BKP
Ghoster
PapaDragon
Flagship Victory
mack8
George1
Neutrality
kvs
AlfaT8
60 posters

The Situation in the Ukraine. #13

Ghoster
    Ghoster

The Situation in the Ukraine. #13 - Page 12 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #13

Post  Ghoster Fri May 08, 2015 10:30 pm

In Krasnoarmeysk, Donetsk region, police detained 4 Ukrainian soldiers who turned out to be transporting TNT blocks in a car without license plates.
    RIA Novosti wrote:MOSCOW, May 8 - RIA Novosti. The city Krasnoarmeysk Donetsk region police detained Ukrainian soldiers transporting 19 TNT blocks, according to the website of Research Affairs of Ukraine in Donetsk region.

According to the press service of the Ministry, the attention of law enforcement officials caught a car without license plates, which was near the four men in camouflage with guns. After checking the documents, it became known that young people - Ukrainian soldiers. In the back of the machine is a bucket of substance "looks like TNT blocks."

Currently, the military detained and material sent for examination. On this fact openly criminal proceedings.
    I wonder what were they going to do with all those explosives?

Original source, also quoted in the article above:
    http://www.mvs.gov.ua/mvs/control/donetsk/ru/publish/article/188072
    Neutrality
    Neutrality

The Situation in the Ukraine. #13 - Page 12 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #13

Post  Neutrality Fri May 08, 2015 10:46 pm

@FarEasterner wrote:Kiev regime honors Nazi collaborators today in Rada
    The Situation in the Ukraine. #13 - Page 12 9sf8ep

What a clown. I'd say, let them do it. Hell, create a whole ad campaign out of it. Maybe the Ukrainian people will start seeing what kind of person they are supporting.
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Fri May 08, 2015 10:51 pm

whir wrote:Why no one is posting?
    The Situation in the Ukraine. #13 - Page 12 2s9y43m

Be patient. Security in this AO is tighter than a bull's a$$ in fly time and we are a few klicks from the fronts.

Post  Guest Sat May 09, 2015 12:19 am

flamming_python wrote:
    Ivan the Colorado wrote:
    Neutrality wrote:It's going to be a colossal clusterfuck for alot of the Westerners on Ukrainian territory if partisan activity becomes higher. I wonder what will happen if a few of these American paratroopers will be publically lynched. Will the USA declare war on Ukraine? Rolling Eyes
    I honestly don't think any partisan will be heading that deep into fascist held territory to deliver the hurt to the Banderovites and their Western trainers. There is a good reason why they are training in Lvov and not Kharkov.

They've been training in Ukrainian controlled Donbass just recently.
    Good to know.
    I really hope that the partisans will be smart enough to not touch the foreigners or local citizenry. Doing so only hurts their cause. I personally would like to see them hit more government and infrastructure targets as well an increase in hits on the military and the volunteer battalions. While Novorossiyan forces are bound by the ceasefire, the brave partisans could cripple the failed state of Ukraine even further and strike where the DNR/LNR cannot.

I don't think the rebels should waste their time making suicidal attacks deep into Ukrainian-controlled territory just to hit at the foreign trainers; however the foreign advisors are as legitimate a target as any; considering that the rebels are at war with the Ukraine
    The attacks would not have to be suicidal. The partisans could simply use IEDs to hit legitmate government or military targets. I would also rather have the partisans hit Ukrainian targets over the legitimate foreign advisors. Imagine how nice it would be if someone like Poroshenko or Yatsenyuk got popped on the streets of Kiev or if some Nazi battalion would be ambushed. This war will not end until Ukraine gives up or is incapacitated from subjugating the Russian population in the East. By partisans conducting strikes in Ukrop held territory, the partisans could severely weaken the government's capabilities and resolve.

Post  Guest Sat May 09, 2015 12:28 am

Flagship Victory wrote:
    Erk wrote:Crimea joining the Russian Federation made Donbass want to do that too. However the demographics were wrong, Crimea was a peninsula almost an isolated island where most people spoke Russian, Donbass has a must lower percentage of Russian, and the territorial boundaries are not clear cut like Crimea. That said, the citizens of Donbass have been proven correct in fearing the rise of fascism in Kiev, and the death toll it brings with it. I don't think many people there would like to go back to join Kiev any longer.

I beg to differ. Donbas can be said as being more pro Russia than Crimea. 90% of Donbas voted for Party of Regions. Only 70 something % of Crimea voted for Party of Regions. The borders are clear cut. They are oblast borders.
    That is not not necessarily true either, compare the the referendum results of Crimea vs. the referendum results of the DNR/LNR. Another important thing to note is that most of the PoR comes from the Eastern Regions and they had stronghold there. How would you explain oblasts that voted for the PoR but have not been able to stand up to Kiev (i.e. Kharkov) as well?
    Erk
    Erk

Post  Erk Sat May 09, 2015 2:24 am

Ivan the Colorado wrote:
    Flagship Victory wrote:
    Erk wrote:Crimea joining the Russian Federation made Donbass want to do that too. However the demographics were wrong, Crimea was a peninsula almost an isolated island where most people spoke Russian, Donbass has a must lower percentage of Russian, and the territorial boundaries are not clear cut like Crimea. That said, the citizens of Donbass have been proven correct in fearing the rise of fascism in Kiev, and the death toll it brings with it. I don't think many people there would like to go back to join Kiev any longer.

I beg to differ. Donbas can be said as being more pro Russia than Crimea. 90% of Donbas voted for Party of Regions. Only 70 something % of Crimea voted for Party of Regions. The borders are clear cut. They are oblast borders.
    That is not not necessarily true either, compare the the referendum results of Crimea vs. the referendum results of the DNR/LNR. Another important thing to note is that most of the PoR comes from the Eastern Regions and they had stronghold there. How would you explain oblasts that voted for the PoR but have not been able to stand up to Kiev (i.e. Kharkov) as well?

Voting for PoR doesn't mean you are Russian, it just means you didn't like the other candidates as much that's all.

Here is a map of Russian language in Ukraine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_language_in_Ukraine#/media/File:UkraineNativeLanguagesCensus2001detailed-en.png

It clearly demonstrates why Donbass is not the same as Crimea and a lot to do with why Putin asked them not to go ahead with the referendum a year ago.
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Sat May 09, 2015 3:04 am

Erk wrote:
    Ivan the Colorado wrote:
    Flagship Victory wrote:

Voting for PoR doesn't mean you are Russian, it just means you didn't like the other candidates as much that's all.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_language_in_Ukraine#/media/File:UkraineNativeLanguagesCensus2001detailed-en.png

It clearly demonstrates why Donbass is not the same as Crimea and a lot to do with why Putin asked them not to go ahead with the referendum a year ago.

That map is total garbage. This is why quoting Wikipedia is one of the forum rule violations. In many cases it is politically compromised
    BS. You can see even so-called Ukr nationalists talking Russian most of the time. And there was never any policy of forced Russification
    even the Bandera and Hitler loyalists who ran off to Canada, the USA and Australia, and Latin America would like you to believe there
    was.

Here is a more realistic map and the source is not some Russia stronk oppressor of the Ukrs:

The Situation in the Ukraine. #13 - Page 12 Language-map-of-Ukraine-2009
    Erk
    Erk

Post  Erk Sat May 09, 2015 3:18 am

kvs wrote:
    Erk wrote:
    Ivan the Colorado wrote:
    Flagship Victory wrote:

That map is total garbage.  This is why quoting Wikipedia is one of the forum rule violations.  In many cases it is politically compromised
    BS.   You can see even so-called Ukr nationalists talking Russian most of the time.   And there was never any policy of forced Russification
    even the Bandera and Hitler loyalists who ran off to Canada, the USA and Australia, and Latin America would like you to believe there
    was.

Here is a more realistic map and the source is not some Russia stronk oppressor of the Ukrs:

The image I linked was from the 2001 census, and available from many sites, in other words what the people actually declared publicly. If you would like to check the data then go right ahead http://2001.ukrcensus.gov.ua/eng/results/general/language/  

http://www.rferl.org/contentinfographics/map-ukraine-percentage-who-identify-as-ethnic-russians-or-say-russian-is-their-first-language-/25323841.html

The image you linked was from a propaganda site http://newcoldwar.org

Last edited by Erk on Sat May 09, 2015 3:23 am; edited 1 time in total
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Sat May 09, 2015 3:22 am

whir wrote:Why no one is posting?
    The Situation in the Ukraine. #13 - Page 12 2s9y43m

As for myself, I've felt crummy today, and it's storming here today.
    Big thunderstorms and tornados popping up.
    I have had lightning fry my computer before, so I tend to get offline and unplug it. Very Happy
    I hear thunder and see lightning to the southeast of me right now. On the radar it looks like it's blowing up right over me. so later guys!
    Flagship Victory
    Flagship Victory

Post  Flagship Victory Sat May 09, 2015 3:38 am

Erk wrote:
    kvs wrote:
    Erk wrote:
    Ivan the Colorado wrote:
    Flagship Victory wrote:

That map is total garbage.  This is why quoting Wikipedia is one of the forum rule violations.  In many cases it is politically compromised
    BS.   You can see even so-called Ukr nationalists talking Russian most of the time.   And there was never any policy of forced Russification
    was.

The image I linked was from the 2001 census, and available from many sites, in other words what the people actually declared publicly. If you would like to check the data then go right ahead http://2001.ukrcensus.gov.ua/eng/results/general/language/  

http://www.rferl.org/contentinfographics/map-ukraine-percentage-who-identify-as-ethnic-russians-or-say-russian-is-their-first-language-/25323841.html

This isn't about language. There are many exammples where 1 language is spilit into many states, for example German into Germany, Austria, Leichtenstein, Arabic into a dozen or so states, Serbo-Croatian into Serbia, Bosnia and Herzigovina, Croatia, Montenegro.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Sat May 09, 2015 3:50 am

Flagship Victory wrote:
    Erk wrote:
    kvs wrote:
    Erk wrote:
    Ivan the Colorado wrote:
    Flagship Victory wrote:

was.

This isn't about language. There are many exammples where 1 language is spilit into many states, for example German into Germany, Austria, Leichtenstein, Arabic into a dozen or so states, Serbo-Croatian into Serbia, Bosnia and Herzigovina, Croatia, Montenegro.

All of that was divide et impera from other countries and not anormal process.
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Sat May 09, 2015 4:09 am

Flagship Victory wrote:

This is definitely true for Ukraine. You have Ukrainian speaking "pro-Russians" and you have ethnic Russians who are "pro-Kiev".
    It is a conflict generated by propaganda since before the breakup of the USSR. It went on steroids after 1991 and the generation
    that was born in the 1980s and later is fully indoctrinated to blame all their problems on Russia. The Holodomor myth is one of the
    linchpins of this brainwashing. Under this umbrella all sorts of revisionism and hate are facilitated. That "evil Russians" targeted
    "innocent Ukrs" who were then justified allying with Hitler to save themselves. That the millions of ethnic Russians in the Donbas
    and elsewhere are just squatters who moved onto Ukr land after the indigenous Ukrs were killed off by the Holodomor holocaust.

This is the sort of vile blood libel and true genocide enabling that has afflicted Ukraine.

As for some 2001 census. Why would anyone trust such a thing. The Kuchma regime was very much like the Orange vermin
    that replaced it. It was softer than the Bandera lovers and their Nazi laundering wanted but it served their ethno-chauvinist
    agenda. The treatment of Crimea by successive Kiev governments should tell you all you need to know. Minority rights were
    denied in the name of preserving Ukrainian-ness. You can see this sort of nationalism around the world. Including in Quebec
    in Canada.

It is clear that Wikipedia language map is politically expedient ethno-nationalist trash. The map I posted has the closest
    correspondence to reality on the ground. But people in the west would have no way of knowing the truth.
    Erk
    Erk

Post  Erk Sat May 09, 2015 9:00 am

kvs wrote:
    Flagship Victory wrote:

This is definitely true for Ukraine.  You have Ukrainian speaking "pro-Russians" and you have ethnic Russians who are "pro-Kiev".
    It is a conflict generated by propaganda since before the breakup of the USSR.   It went on steroids after 1991 and the generation
    that was born in the 1980s and later is fully indoctrinated to blame all their problems on Russia.   The Holodomor myth is one of the
    linchpins of this brainwashing.   Under this umbrella all sorts of revisionism and hate are facilitated.   That "evil Russians" targeted
    "innocent Ukrs" who were then justified allying with Hitler to save themselves.   That the millions of ethnic Russians in the Donbas
    and elsewhere are just squatters who moved onto Ukr land after the indigenous Ukrs were killed off by the Holodomor holocaust.

This is the sort of vile blood libel and true genocide enabling that has afflicted Ukraine.  

As for some 2001 census.   Why would anyone trust such a thing.   The Kuchma regime was very much like the Orange vermin
    that replaced it.  It was softer than the Bandera lovers and their Nazi laundering wanted but it served their ethno-chauvinist
    agenda.  The treatment of Crimea by successive Kiev governments should tell you all you need to know.  Minority rights were
    denied in the name of preserving Ukrainian-ness.  You can see this sort of nationalism around the world.  Including in Quebec
    in Canada.

It is clear that Wikipedia language map is politically expedient ethno-nationalist trash.   The map I posted has the closest
    correspondence to reality on the ground.  But people in the west would have no way of knowing the truth.

I disagree totally, the 2001 census is the best survey to date on language (the next census is not due until 2016), every other survey will only sample a percentage of the population and extrapolate. Stop trying to discredit the census survey just because I chose one of the many images of its resuslts that happened to be on the wikipedia site because it was up the google search rank when I was looking for the chart, I posted another one from another source and you choose to ignore it, therefore I can't help you and we should move along.
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Post  higurashihougi Sat May 09, 2015 12:20 pm

It is said that Maidanists put opium on the head of Motherland Statue in Ukraine

The Situation in the Ukraine. #13 - Page 12 11128464_848638541868202_1792470914890479977_n

BTW, Motorola and his men in the parade

The Situation in the Ukraine. #13 - Page 12 11218569_1640074512890276_5928437943395281037_o
    whir

Post  whir Sat May 09, 2015 1:33 pm

Bloomberg wrote:Billionaire No More: Ukraine President’s Fortune Fades With War
    by Kateryna ChoursinaVolodymyr VerbyanyAlex Sazonov 6:00 AM CEST May 8, 2015

At the November 2013 World Economic Forum in Kiev’s Intercontinental Hotel, billionaire Petro Poroshenko predicted a European Union trade pact would kick-start Ukraine’s economy and enrich his Roshen Confectionery Corp. by dramatically increasing EU-bound chocolate exports.
    Eighteen months later, Poroshenko -- now Ukraine’s president -- has seen his wealth head in the other direction.

Since the proposed trade deal collapsed, dragging Ukraine’s economy down with it, his fortune has declined by some 30 percent to about $720 million, according to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index. Roshen’s output, which topped 400,000 tons in 2012, lost 25 percent over the next two years after its products were banned in its most important export market, Russia, and its factory there was seized by the government.

Poroshenko’s business “has been complicated by his official status and decisions that he has had to make as president,” said Yuriy Yakymenko, an analyst at the Razumkov Centre for Economic and Political Studies, a research institute in Kiev.

While campaigning for president last year, Poroshenko promised to sell Roshen, but he hasn’t been able to find a buyer. There’s been scant interest in the company, which the president values at about $3 billion, according to Roshen Chief Executive Officer Vyacheslav Moskalevsky.

“There’s absolutely no way the company will sell for that much at this time,” Moskalevsky, who is a minority shareholder, said at Roshen’s headquarters near Kiev’s riverfront docks. “Nobody can sell anything here now.” Continue reading.

A Red Rover wrote:Donbas Dispatch #11: American pro-Russian

Welcomeplease wrote:Victory Day, Makiivka 09.05.2015

SKASlavon wrote:Lugansk. May 9, 2015 Parade of military equipment

Gorlovka Segodnya wrote:Victory Day Parade, Gorlovka
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Sat May 09, 2015 1:37 pm

Erk wrote:
    kvs wrote:
    Flagship Victory wrote:

This is definitely true for Ukraine.  You have Ukrainian speaking "pro-Russians" and you have ethnic Russians who are "pro-Kiev".
    It is a conflict generated by propaganda since before the breakup of the USSR.   It went on steroids after 1991 and the generation
    that was born in the 1980s and later is fully indoctrinated to blame all their problems on Russia.   The Holodomor myth is one of the
    linchpins of this brainwashing.   Under this umbrella all sorts of revisionism and hate are facilitated.   That "evil Russians" targeted
    "innocent Ukrs" who were then justified allying with Hitler to save themselves.   That the millions of ethnic Russians in the Donbas

As for some 2001 census.   Why would anyone trust such a thing.   The Kuchma regime was very much like the Orange vermin
    that replaced it.  It was softer than the Bandera lovers and their Nazi laundering wanted but it served their ethno-chauvinist
    agenda.  The treatment of Crimea by successive Kiev governments should tell you all you need to know.  Minority rights were
    denied in the name of preserving Ukrainian-ness.  You can see this sort of nationalism around the world.  Including in Quebec
    in Canada.

It is clear that Wikipedia language map is politically expedient ethno-nationalist trash.   The map I posted has the closest
    correspondence to reality on the ground.  But people in the west would have no way of knowing the truth.

I disagree totally, the 2001 census is the best survey to date on language (the next census is not due until 2016), every other survey will only sample a percentage of the population and extrapolate. Stop trying to discredit the census survey just because I chose one of the many images of its resuslts that happened to be on the wikipedia site because it was up the google search rank when I was looking for the chart, I posted another one from another source and you choose to ignore it, therefore I can't help you and we should move along.

Erk, that map you posted - is a complete, complete, complete load of rubbish.

It is very easy to disprove, by simply going on YouTube, browsing any videos on any subjects from any of the regions in that map; and actually listening to what language, on average is heard.
    In practise, you'll only really notice the Ukrainian language in Western Ukrainian regions; it's virtually unheard anywhere in the east.
    You'll find that the reality conforms far more closely to the countermap that was posted.
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Sat May 09, 2015 1:58 pm

Enakievo today
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Sat May 09, 2015 2:28 pm

Odessa today

"Odessa against fascism"

"Get out of Odessa bandera demons"
    whir

Post  whir Sat May 09, 2015 2:57 pm

Kazzura wrote:Donetsk Victory parade

Ватник из Колорадо wrote:Victory Parade in Donetsk 09/05/2015.

Алексей Кузнецов wrote:Victory Parade in Donetsk, May 9
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Sat May 09, 2015 3:50 pm

A brief mention about the language dispute. For a thread I made on another forum, not mp, I made a detailed analysis of the population of Odessa from foundation to present day. Looking at all available data from simple population numbers from 1794 and then from the first proper census in 1897, it could be seen that single largest ethnic group was Russian at 49,09%. The word Ukranian never even appeared on the census, instead the old term "Malorosi" - "Littlerussians" was used, and they were only 9,39%. Leaping forward to the figures for deaths in early 1930s it can be seen that, and this time "Ukranian" is used, that they were only about 7% of the population, and there is no reason to suggest they were less likely to die than anybody else and give this low number. Then suddenly in modern times this very low number of "Ukranians" becomes a majority of the population. This is unfeasable, and without replicating work from elsewhere, was found to be false and that most of these new "Ukranians" were actually ethnic Russians. This type of trick seems common and is also used to falsify language data. On the 2001 census surzhyk is not even mentioned and it is assumed everybody who speaks an Eastern Slavonic language speaks either Russian, Ukranian or Belarussian. It is clear, at least to me, that Kiev authorities have counted surzhyk not as a dialect of Russian, but as "pure" Ukranian and so produce data that show the majority of all Ukraine as being native Ukranian speakers. This is a manipulative lie.

To add, in 1897 census Hebrew was the second language of Odessa at 30,83%. We know they suffered a nightmare and many died in holocaust, and then from 1991 many of the survivors emigrated. There is no data to show them being replaced by Ukranian speakers from the western regions as the population figures show drops, at times severe, in Odessa population and only a slow recovery and since the bulk of the Jews left in 1991 the population has almost flatlined, again showing no large influx of Ukranian speakers. There is the saying "There lies, damned lies, and statistics", but in this case the statistics, the real ones, show the truth, and that statistics from Kiev at least since 1991 are lies.
    etaepsilonk

Post  etaepsilonk Sat May 09, 2015 3:56 pm

Russians...

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Sat May 09, 2015 4:46 pm

etaepsilonk wrote:Russians...

Ah shut up. Here in Canada I see a dope pusher on every freaking corner and they have protection from the cops.
    franco
    franco

Post  franco Sat May 09, 2015 5:38 pm

Go do some more research including the whole parade in which you can see he is holding himself up with 2 canes that he has to use since his wound at Debaltsevo.

OR are you just a TROLL to be ignored?
    etaepsilonk

Post  etaepsilonk Sat May 09, 2015 6:01 pm

kvs wrote:
    Ah shut up.  Here in Canada I see a dope pusher on every freaking corner and they have protection from the cops.

Typical troll response ''and what about the USA?'' Rolling Eyes I haven't even brought canada, my video in particular is about the vanguard of the so called russian world. And what do you know, maybe the video is not even real, but was just edited for entertainment value.

Of course, poor quality footage could just be the result of filming from russian camera a.k.a. net analogov v mire Wink
    medo
    medo

Post  medo Sat May 09, 2015 6:29 pm

If you watch whole parade, you could see, that Zaharchenko have a stick and difficultly walk on his right leg. It seems his leg is still not fully recovered after wound.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:14 pm