Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+56
KomissarBojanchev
Hisroyalhighness
Big_Gazza
Osobist
Akula971
Teshub
Karl Haushofer
Walther von Oldenburg
magnumcromagnon
type055
Inetwarrior
Cyberspec
Bolt
Cowboy's daughter
flamming_python
whir
collegeboy16
Viktor
Monarchist
Morpheus Eberhardt
alexZam
medo
par far
Vann7
GarryB
Cahaba
Rodinazombie
TheArmenian
sepheronx
ExBeobachter1987
gregoire
Mr.Comrade
macedonian
max steel
KoTeMoRe
Regular
etaepsilonk
higurashihougi
Khepesh
auslander
Erk
Werewolf
Admin
franco
cheesfactory
Airbornewolf
Godric
BKP
Ghoster
PapaDragon
Flagship Victory
mack8
George1
Neutrality
kvs
AlfaT8
60 posters

The Situation in the Ukraine. #13

Viktor
    Viktor

The Situation in the Ukraine. #13 - Page 11 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #13

Post  Viktor Thu May 07, 2015 9:02 pm

Nazi government of Ukraine doing its best to Ukranian people

Annual inflation in Ukraine accelerated to 61%
    macedonian
    macedonian

The Situation in the Ukraine. #13 - Page 11 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #13

Post  macedonian Thu May 07, 2015 9:05 pm

whir wrote:
    TASS wrote:Russian diplomat: use of OSCE flag by NATO military observers in Ukraine unacceptable
    World  May 07, 15:37 UTC+3

According to Kelin, "initiatives have emerged when some people operate under the OSCE flag, but, in actual fact, they have nothing to do with the OSCE"

VIENNA, May 7. /TASS/. Russia deems it inadmissible to use the OSCE "flag" in the work of military observers from NATO member-countries in eastern Ukraine, Russia’s envoy to OSCE Andrey Kelin told reporters on Thursday.
    "Such initiatives under the ‘flag’ of the OSCE are absolutely unacceptable, they are unilateral and biased, it’s an abuse of confidence-building measures," he said. Continue reading.

Typical West/USA. They use organizations like the OSCE and the Red Cross (not to mention a plethora of journalists and NGOs) as a proxy (breaking every rule and convention there is) but preach "Human rights and democracy" to others. The hypocrisy is just effin' too much!!! Seen it happen many times and still irritates me on the same level as the first time.
    Neutrality
    Neutrality

Post  Neutrality Thu May 07, 2015 10:28 pm

It's going to be a colossal clusterfuck for alot of the Westerners on Ukrainian territory if partisan activity becomes higher. I wonder what will happen if a few of these American paratroopers will be publically lynched. Will the USA declare war on Ukraine? Rolling Eyes
    Airbornewolf
    Airbornewolf

Post  Airbornewolf Thu May 07, 2015 11:22 pm

macedonian wrote:
    whir wrote:
    TASS wrote:Russian diplomat: use of OSCE flag by NATO military observers in Ukraine unacceptable
    World  May 07, 15:37 UTC+3

According to Kelin, "initiatives have emerged when some people operate under the OSCE flag, but, in actual fact, they have nothing to do with the OSCE"

VIENNA, May 7. /TASS/. Russia deems it inadmissible to use the OSCE "flag" in the work of military observers from NATO member-countries in eastern Ukraine, Russia’s envoy to OSCE Andrey Kelin told reporters on Thursday.
    "Such initiatives under the ‘flag’ of the OSCE are absolutely unacceptable, they are unilateral and biased, it’s an abuse of confidence-building measures," he said. Continue reading.

Typical West/USA. They use organizations like the OSCE and the Red Cross (not to mention a plethora of journalists and NGOs) as a proxy (breaking every rule and convention there is) but preach "Human rights and democracy" to others. The hypocrisy is just effin' too much!!! Seen it happen many times and still irritates me on the same level as the first time.

i fully agree, i left the military because of such "western value's". its sickens me still every time i see my nations army slogan "peace and security" while in reality it translates to "war and uncertainty". because some of us EU NATO troops in the field honestly tried to do the right thing only to see and get our results screwed over by our own Military and political leaders sacrificing troops and civilians alike. its just like an freaking hamster trying to nibble on some water bottle for an bit of approval of the U.S government, but those that manage to pull it off DO get the rich jobs at NATO's HQ or EU's Brussels. i wonder why?.

uch,.....anyway. i could write down an rant, but you probably know by now how i look at these things Macedonian.
    macedonian
    macedonian

Post  macedonian Fri May 08, 2015 12:08 am

Airbornewolf wrote:uch,.....anyway. i could write down an rant, but you probably know by now how i look at these things Macedonian.
    Indeed I do mate. You're one of the people that seem to remember the true meanings of words such as "honesty", "decency" and "bravery" while serving. Sadly, you're one of the few...that's why people like you won't get the high paying jobs and positions...but you're richer for it in my book.
    Thanks for sharing your insights as a NATO soldier here mate. Much appreciated!
    TheArmenian
    TheArmenian

Post  TheArmenian Fri May 08, 2015 4:05 am

Monarchist wrote:Mozgovoy basically said that those rule LPR, DPR are traitors and working against what the revolution in Donbass stood for.
    I'm not going to post everything and be somekind of boring negative, figure on this board so people leave because of me, but the situation is catastrophic.
    All units, commanders that stood for social equality, against oligarchs, pro-Novorussia are either removed, killed or their units destroyed.

For those of you that can read russian: https://vk.com/id265927036?w=wall265927036_88938

Don't be shy. This is not mp.net.
    Your opinions about this conflict are known to most members here. People may not agree with you on your views, but you are welcome to post them.
    I certainly will read what you post. I may not agree with you, but I will definitely respect your opinion.
    This is a forum for discussions after all. Not a hornet's nest like mp.net.

Post  Guest Fri May 08, 2015 4:42 am

Neutrality wrote:It's going to be a colossal clusterfuck for alot of the Westerners on Ukrainian territory if partisan activity becomes higher. I wonder what will happen if a few of these American paratroopers will be publically lynched. Will the USA declare war on Ukraine? Rolling Eyes
    I honestly don't think any partisan will be heading that deep into fascist held territory to deliver the hurt to the Banderovites and their Western trainers. There is a good reason why they are training in Lvov and not Kharkov.

If this were to happen, the "free" world won't send in troops to fight the insurgency (a la Iraq 2014) because doing so is effectively an open declaration of war on Russia. There is not much left that the West could effectively do to "punish" Russia ever since they went full out with the sanctions last summer. The incident would be used to rally the general public against Russia even further. The situation for Russians living in the West has become much more tense last year after the West stuck its noes into places it does not belong.

I really hope that the partisans will be smart enough to not touch the foreigners or local citizenry. Doing so only hurts their cause. I personally would like to see them hit more government and infrastructure targets as well an increase in hits on the military and the volunteer battalions. While Novorossiyan forces are bound by the ceasefire, the brave partisans could cripple the failed state of Ukraine even further and strike where the DNR/LNR cannot.
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Fri May 08, 2015 8:45 am

The New York Times does its government’s bidding: Here’s what you’re not being told about U.S. troops in Ukraine

http://www.salon.com/2015/05/07/the_new_york_times_does_its_governments_bidding_heres_what_youre_not_being_told_about_u_s_troops_in_ukraine/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=socialflow
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Fri May 08, 2015 9:32 am

TheArmenian wrote:
    Monarchist wrote:Mozgovoy basically said that those rule LPR, DPR are traitors and working against what the revolution in Donbass stood for.
    I'm not going to post everything and be somekind of boring negative, figure on this board so people leave because of me, but the situation is catastrophic.
    All units, commanders that stood for social equality, against oligarchs, pro-Novorussia are either removed, killed or their units destroyed.

For those of you that can read russian: https://vk.com/id265927036?w=wall265927036_88938

Don't be shy. This is not mp.net.
    Your opinions about this conflict are known to most members here. People may not agree with you on your views, but you are welcome to  post them.
    I certainly will read what you post. I may not agree with you, but I will definitely respect your opinion.
    This is a forum for discussions after all. Not a hornet's nest like mp.net.

Can't give you a +1, but basically this, people who are here are not going to yadda yadda. I don't like his views, I feel he's really terribly ideological and overblowing purely political garbage and seeing traitors where there is only politics, but at least he's frank and straight with his views.

whir

Post  whir Fri May 08, 2015 9:42 am

Terra via Google Translate wrote:(UE) RETRASA ELIMINACION DE VISA A LOS UCRANIANOS
    (EU) DISPOSAL OF VISA DELAYED TO UKRAINIANS
    Raymundo Rangel 7 MAY 2015 13h35

MEXICO, Infosel, May. 7. The European Union (EU) announced Thursday that delayed the removal of the visa to allow Ukrainian citizens travel on European territory.

The former deputy prime minister and former director of the Central Bank Sergey Arbuzov said that the determination of the EU due to the crisis being experienced by Ukraine.

"The why not the Schengen visa Ukraine is not that the country does not meet the conditions are deleted. Long time Kiev meets all indicating you from Brussels. The main reason lies in the catastrophic state in which is primarily the state and its economy, "Arbuzov wrote in an article for the Ukrainian daily Izvestia quoted by RIA Novosti.

In addition, European representatives argued that action was taken because although Ukraine has met several things the agency has requested have not yet fulfilled all the reforms to remove Ukraine from the crisis.

In addition to this, the EU has not indicated a possible date could remove the visa. Continue reading.

VZ via Google Translate wrote:Порошенко призвал ООН ввести миротворцев в Донбасс
    Poroshenko called for UN peacekeepers to enter the Donbass
    May 7, 2015, 20:57

President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko at a meeting with UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon called for the organization in Poland to send to the Donbass peacekeeping mission, the press service of the Ukrainian leader.

"Poroshenko said that the UN should play a greater role in resolving the situation in the Donbas and in particular, to send a peacekeeping mission," - said on the website President Ukraine.

"The head of state also stressed that in the conflict zone - a complex humanitarian situation and lack of access and the possibility of supply of Ukrainian and international humanitarian assistance," - noted the press service. Continue reading.

VZ via Google Translate wrote:Жителям Днепропетровска раздали «новые украинские георгиевские ленточки»
    Residents were given Dnepropetrovsk "new Ukrainian St. George ribbons"
    May 7, 2015, 21:41

In Dnepropetrovsk distribute new Ukrainian symbol of victory - a blue-gray ribbon of memory, similar in appearance to the St. George's ribbon, eyewitnesses and local media.

"In Dnepropetrovsk, the crowd of students distributing it with the words:" The new Ukrainian St. George Ribbon ", - wrote in Victoria April's Twitter , attaching a photo of the tape.

The Situation in the Ukraine. #13 - Page 11 28c0her
    ‏@vij_ackson

According to the deputy city council Elena Bocharnikova, on the eve of May 9 all the inhabitants of the city will be free to get the new symbol of victory - "memory tape." "We are distributing ribbons organizations and schools. In schools, we tell the children how this symbol appeared, and what it means, because children do not have to wear a symbol whose meaning they do not know, "- added Bocharnikova, reports "Channel 34". Continue reading.

VZ via Google Translate wrote:Порошенко поблагодарил отказавшихся от участия в параде Победы в Москве
    Poroshenko thanked refused to participate in the Victory Parade in Moscow
    May 7, 2015, 22:31

President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko in the Polish Gdansk, said he was grateful to world leaders, who refused to participate in the May 9 parade in Moscow.

2On behalf of the people of Ukraine, I am grateful to many of the world leaders for refusing to participate in the parade in Moscow", - said Poroshenko.

According to him, "in the May 9 parade in Moscow will be demonstrated by a weapon that is used in the East of Ukraine", reports "Interfax" .
    The head of the Duma Committee for International Affairs Alexei Pushkov said on Twitter : "In Gdansk Poroshenko thanked those who did not go to Moscow on May 9. But Kiev is not going to help. Come many leaders. The boycott did not take place. ". Continue reading.
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Fri May 08, 2015 9:44 am

Russia do not oppose all the things the LPR and DPR original leaders fought for..
    But it have to be done in an intelligent way and not provoking a world war 3.  Even Strelkov
    weeks ago ,who have been a major promoter to go all the way to kiev with tanks...that originally saw a waste of time the cease of fire ,at the start of conflict, when asked about the cease of fire ,the last time he told.. that it was worth of trying it.. that it was about Independence through steps.. not through destroying Ukraine and Provoking a major war ,and facilitating US the isolation of Russia.  The Rebels needs an Independence done right ,where they can operate as an independent nation.. with the goverment they want and not become another Abkhazia or transitia ,near moldova ,a nation without future.  Russia is simply trying
    to get not only to win Lugansk and DOnetsk but most of Ukraine too.. Russia will win nothing
    if support the independence of donetsk and lugansk and lose every other part of Ukraine..
    the Cease of Fire with the economy pressure on Kiev and pressure of Europe will be forced
    to do the reforms required and give autonomy to donetsk and Lugansk...

The whole point is ..everyone knows Ukraine economy will collapse sooner or later. This is  because US will not stop trying to use kiev to restart the war. So eastern Ukraine will get their independence without firing a shot and best of all with recognition of Europe.Once all cities ,rebel and declare its independence of kiev. It will be inevitable the Rebels will get their independence.. The cease of fire what it did is to give an unique opportunity for them to get it
    peacefully.. and under the name of "Autonomy". or get their independence after the collapse of Ukraine economy and disbanding of all Ukraine ,with more Pro Independence movements ,that will happen if Kiev does not stop the war.. and do not do the reforms.

USA will be unable to stop a nation wide revolution , if kiev continues destroying the country and continue with its war. and will have to give up . probably they will allow the complete destruction of Ukraine ,only to damage Russia economy . like the saying.. if if not theirs it will be of no one.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Fri May 08, 2015 12:02 pm

And just what did the 'revolution in Donbass' stand for?

Because I followed the conflict from the start and I have no idea.
    There was no ideology, there was just a rebellion against Kiev, for many different reasons and among large cross-sections of the population with all sorts of political views. The people that led and fought for them had a kaleidoscope of different poltiical views; from USSR-loyalists, to ex-Berkut and other former Ukrainian siloviks with a bone to pick against Kiev's new rulers, to monarchists like Strelkov, to a former neo-Nazi militia member like Gubarev.
    They got volunteers from across the globe, again with all sorts of different views and under different motivations - left-wing Spaniards, Americans and Latin Americans that came to fight fascists, Russian ultra-nationalists that came to fight Ukrainians, Italian nationalists who came to fight Americans, Ossetian volunteers that came to repay Russia for support in the Georgian war, Chechen volunteers that were sent by Kadyrov, and all sorts of Russian military specialists that volunteered or were ordered to go by their leadership.

They are not even united as to whether they want to split off, liberate the rest of Novorussia, liberate the whole of Ukraine, join Russia, stay in the Ukraine, etc,,,
    The only real thing all these groups and individuals have in common is that they are against Kiev.

Ivan the Colorado wrote:
    Neutrality wrote:It's going to be a colossal clusterfuck for alot of the Westerners on Ukrainian territory if partisan activity becomes higher. I wonder what will happen if a few of these American paratroopers will be publically lynched. Will the USA declare war on Ukraine? Rolling Eyes
    I honestly don't think any partisan will be heading that deep into fascist held territory to deliver the hurt to the Banderovites and their Western trainers. There is a good reason why they are training in Lvov and not Kharkov.

They've been training in Ukrainian controlled Donbass just recently

I really hope that the partisans will be smart enough to not touch the foreigners or local citizenry. Doing so only hurts their cause. I personally would like to see them hit more government and infrastructure targets as well an increase in hits on the military and the volunteer battalions. While Novorossiyan forces are bound by the ceasefire, the brave partisans could cripple the failed state of Ukraine even further and strike where the DNR/LNR cannot.

I don't think the rebels should waste their time making suicidal attacks deep into Ukrainian-controlled territory just to hit at the foreign trainers; however the foreign advisors are as legitimate a target as any; considering that the rebels are at war with the Ukraine
    Neutrality
    Neutrality

Post  Neutrality Fri May 08, 2015 12:13 pm

To continue on the advisors thing. Don't get me wrong, I don't wish death upon these guys but they are soldiers too and I hope they are fully aware of the reality that they might end up dead in a war zone. What made the US leave Vietnam? When their guys started getting shipped back home in body bags.
    Erk
    Erk

Post  Erk Fri May 08, 2015 12:44 pm

flamming_python wrote:

I don't think it was a revolution with something to stand for, it is a war of secession, the Russians living in Donbass have seen for years the fascist takeover of Kiev brewing, and they are afraid of it, rightly so. Crimea joining the Russian Federation made Donbass want to do that too. However the demographics were wrong, Crimea was a peninsula almost an isolated island where most people spoke Russian, Donbass has a must lower percentage of Russian, and the territorial boundaries are not clear cut like Crimea. That said, the citizens of Donbass have been proven correct in fearing the rise of fascism in Kiev, and the death toll it brings with it. I don't think many people there would like to go back to join Kiev any longer.
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Fri May 08, 2015 2:45 pm

whir wrote:
    Terra via Google Translate wrote:(UE) RETRASA ELIMINACION DE VISA A LOS UCRANIANOS
    (EU) DISPOSAL OF VISA DELAYED TO UKRAINIANS
    Raymundo Rangel 7 MAY 2015 13h35

MEXICO, Infosel, May. 7. The European Union (EU) announced Thursday that delayed the removal of the visa to allow Ukrainian citizens travel on European territory.

The former deputy prime minister and former director of the Central Bank Sergey Arbuzov said that the determination of the EU due to the crisis being experienced by Ukraine.

"The why not the Schengen visa Ukraine is not that the country does not meet the conditions are deleted. Long time Kiev meets all indicating you from Brussels. The main reason lies in the catastrophic state in which is primarily the state and its economy, "Arbuzov wrote in an article for the Ukrainian daily Izvestia quoted by RIA Novosti.

In addition, European representatives argued that action was taken because although Ukraine has met several things the agency has requested have not yet fulfilled all the reforms to remove Ukraine from the crisis.

In addition to this, the EU has not indicated a possible date could remove the visa. Continue reading.

I'm surprised. Probably because I'm ignorant.  Embarassed I'm wondering if Ukrainians thought it would happen now, and how angry they may be?

VZ via Google Translate wrote:Порошенко призвал ООН ввести миротворцев в Донбасс
    Poroshenko called for UN peacekeepers to enter the Donbass
    May 7, 2015, 20:57

President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko at a meeting with UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon called for the organization in Poland to send to the Donbass peacekeeping mission, the press service of the Ukrainian leader.

"Poroshenko said that the UN should play a greater role in resolving the situation in the Donbas and in particular, to send a peacekeeping mission," - said on the website President Ukraine.

"The head of state also stressed that in the conflict zone - a complex humanitarian situation and lack of access and the possibility of supply of Ukrainian and international humanitarian assistance," - noted the press service. Continue reading.

Poroshenko certainly keeps wanting Peacekeepers.

VZ via Google Translate wrote:Жителям Днепропетровска раздали «новые украинские георгиевские ленточки»
    Residents were given Dnepropetrovsk "new Ukrainian St. George ribbons"
    May 7, 2015, 21:41

In Dnepropetrovsk distribute new Ukrainian symbol of victory - a blue-gray ribbon of memory, similar in appearance to the St. George's ribbon, eyewitnesses and local media.

"In Dnepropetrovsk, the crowd of students distributing it with the words:" The new Ukrainian St. George Ribbon ", - wrote in Victoria April's Twitter , attaching a photo of the tape.

The Situation in the Ukraine. #13 - Page 11 28c0her
    ‏@vij_ackson

According to the deputy city council Elena Bocharnikova, on the eve of May 9 all the inhabitants of the city will be free to get the new symbol of victory - "memory tape." "We are distributing ribbons organizations and schools. In schools, we tell the children how this symbol appeared, and what it means, because children do not have to wear a symbol whose meaning they do not know, "- added Bocharnikova, reports "Channel 34". Continue reading.

Shades of Big Brother. I wonder who came up with that idea?

VZ via Google Translate wrote:Порошенко поблагодарил отказавшихся от участия в параде Победы в Москве
    Poroshenko thanked refused to participate in the Victory Parade in Moscow
    May 7, 2015, 22:31

President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko in the Polish Gdansk, said he was grateful to world leaders, who refused to participate in the May 9 parade in Moscow.

2On behalf of the people of Ukraine, I am grateful to many of the world leaders for refusing to participate in the parade in Moscow", - said Poroshenko.

According to him, "in the May 9 parade in Moscow will be demonstrated by a weapon that is used in the East of Ukraine", reports "Interfax" .
    The head of the Duma Committee for International Affairs Alexei Pushkov said on Twitter : "In Gdansk Poroshenko thanked those who did not go to Moscow on May 9. But Kiev is not going to help. Come many leaders. The boycott did not take place. ". Continue reading.

Poroshenko to me, is just a  vile, loathsome individual. ugh.
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Fri May 08, 2015 2:51 pm

Patrick Lancaster @PLnewstoday  ·  12h 12 hours ago

Hearing what seems to be incoming and outgoing shelling in the center of Donetsk right now .

Patrick Lancaster @PLnewstoday · 6h 6 hours ago

The two major cellular telephone providers #Donetsk are out of service today.

Patrick Lancaster @PLnewstoday · 3h 3 hours ago

Shelled and destroyed outdoor market shops near donetsk train station working again

The Situation in the Ukraine. #13 - Page 11 CEeU8S-VAAAFcqw
    Monarchist
    Monarchist

Post  Monarchist Fri May 08, 2015 3:17 pm

flamming_python wrote:

Because I followed the conflict from the start and I have no idea.
    There was no ideology, there was just a rebellion against Kiev, for many different reasons and among large cross-sections of the population with all sorts of political views. The people that led and fought for them had a kaleidoscope of different poltiical views; from USSR-loyalists, to ex-Berkut and other former Ukrainian siloviks with a bone to pick against Kiev's new rulers, to monarchists like Strelkov, to a former neo-Nazi militia member like Gubarev.
    They got volunteers from across the globe, again with all sorts of different views and under different motivations - left-wing Spaniards, Americans and Latin Americans that came to fight fascists, Russian ultra-nationalists that came to fight Ukrainians, Italian nationalists who came to fight Americans, Ossetian volunteers that came to repay Russia for support in the Georgian war, Chechen volunteers that were sent by Kadyrov, and all sorts of Russian military specialists that volunteered or were ordered to go by their leadership.

They are not even united as to whether they want to split off, liberate the rest of Novorussia, liberate the whole of Ukraine, join Russia, stay in the Ukraine, etc,,,
    The only real thing all these groups and individuals have in common is that they are against Kiev.

It stood for social and economic equality, getting rid of oligarch influence, second to either be a part of Russia like Crimea, or to be independent. Not wanting to be ruled by Kiev ever again, or part of "Ukraine".
    Those spanish communist volunteers basically said they fought side by side with "national socialists", or "nazis" volunteers from Russia but they were united in their common goal a just society, ruled by the people. Mozgovoy and the Prizrak batallion has basically said their goal is creating a society without oligarchs. The current DPR, LPR leadership are basically servants of Akhmetov.
    The people are united in their desire of either independence or uniting with Russia,but first wanting to liberate what's left of DPR,LPR territory that's still under UKR control.
    The only thing both civilian population, fighters dont want is being ruled or staying in Ukraine. But the Minsk agreement is basically the Erdut peace agreement mkII, a peaceful reintegration with Ukraine, basically people died for nothing. Everything under the guidance and support of Russia. Rolling Eyes
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Fri May 08, 2015 4:04 pm

Ukrainian veterans offended and humiliated by actions of Kiev authorities

http://tass.ru/en/world/793678

Veterans are discontent with ban on Soviet symbols, transfer of the Defender of the Fatherland Day, cut in social payments, head of Kiev’s city veteran organization said

KIEV, May 8. /TASS/. Ukrainian veterans of the Great Patriotic War are offended and humiliated morally and socially by actions of the current authorities, head of Kiev’s city veteran organization Nikolay Martynov told TASS on Friday. In particular, veterans are discontent with ban on Soviet symbols, transfer of the Defender of the Fatherland Day, cut in social payments, Martynov added. "We are very hurt that they practically took away the Defender of the Fatherland Day from us by transferring it to October 14 - day of establishing the Ukrainian Insurgent Army. They practically took away the meaning of the Great Patriotic War by replacing it with expulsion of Nazi occupants from Europe. A Verkhovna Rada law prohibits us from using symbols of our great victory," the veteran noted. wrote:

entire article at link
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Fri May 08, 2015 4:17 pm

Former top Russian general: Russia will defend eastern Ukraine, even if it means taking Kiev

http://www.vox.com/2015/5/7/8566035/former-top-russian-general-russia-will-defend-eastern-ukraine-even-if

Evgeny Buzhinsky has spent much of his professional life with the threat of global nuclear destruction hanging over his head. A lifelong Russian military officer, he earned his PhD in military sciences in 1982, just as the Cold War was entering its most dangerous period, and served in the Soviet general staff during an arms race that several times came perilously close to triggering a nuclear war that neither side wanted. Buzhinsky retired a lieutenant general in 2009, after a long career on the Russian general staff, including several years heading the Russian Defense Ministry's international treaty agency, which brought him into frequent contact with European and American generals over some of the most contentious issues of the post–Cold War era. He now heads the PIR Center, a well-respected Russian think tank that focuses on military, national security, and arms control issues. Amanda Taub and I met last week with Buzhinsky at a cafe in Moscow to ask him about a topic that is being increasingly discussed in certain policy circles in Washington, Moscow, and NATO's headquarters in Brussels: the fear that tensions between Russia and the West could spiral into an unwanted war, perhaps even nuclear war. As a true veteran of the Cold War, not to mention someone who had only recently left the highest ranks of the Russian military, he seemed like the right person to ask. wrote:

see link for entire article!
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Fri May 08, 2015 4:47 pm

Erk wrote:
    I don't think it was a revolution with something to stand for, it is a war of secession
    x2
    People who talk about revolution should really get their heads out their arse. We seen communists, nationalists and even slavic pseudo nazis fighting side by side against Ukrainians. They should end the war then talk about revolution, or else they will start killing each other.
    Flagship Victory
    Flagship Victory

Post  Flagship Victory Fri May 08, 2015 5:04 pm

Erk wrote:Crimea joining the Russian Federation made Donbass want to do that too. However the demographics were wrong, Crimea was a peninsula almost an isolated island where most people spoke Russian, Donbass has a must lower percentage of Russian, and the territorial boundaries are not clear cut like Crimea. That said, the citizens of Donbass have been proven correct in fearing the rise of fascism in Kiev, and the death toll it brings with it. I don't think many people there would like to go back to join Kiev any longer.

I beg to differ. Donbas can be said as being more pro Russia than Crimea. 90% of Donbas voted for Party of Regions. Only 70 something % of Crimea voted for Party of Regions. The borders are clear cut. They are oblast borders.
    whir

Post  whir Fri May 08, 2015 9:12 pm

Why no one is posting?
    The Situation in the Ukraine. #13 - Page 11 2s9y43m
    Neutrality
    Neutrality

Post  Neutrality Fri May 08, 2015 9:18 pm

whir wrote:Why no one is posting?
    The Situation in the Ukraine. #13 - Page 11 2s9y43m

Tomorrow should be quiet (I hope). Allegedly, provocations should start after May 9th, at least that's what Kiev says. Fortunately, we all know about Kiev's self-fulfilling prophecies. Rolling Eyes
    whir

Post  whir Fri May 08, 2015 9:42 pm

Sputnik wrote:Homicide Blonde: 19-Year-Old Neo-Nazi Arrested Following Robbery, Murder
    EUROPE 16:03 07.05.2015(updated 16:14 07.05.2015)

Kiev prosecutors have reported the arrest of 19-year-old Aidar Battalion volunteer Vita Zaverukha, who is suspected of serving as an accomplice in the killing of two Ukrainian police officers and the injury of three more following a botched gas station robbery in Kiev which occurred on May 4, Ukrainian media have reported.

"As part of the investigation of criminal proceedings over an attack on a gas station and the killings of law enforcement officers on the night of May 4 in Kiev, another suspect has been arrested: a 19-year-old resident of Vinnitsa," a statement on the website of the Kiev prosecutor's office reads.

The statement added that Zaverukha has been detained under the criminal code article for an "attempt on the life of an officer of the law."

Zaverukha, a volunteer in the radical nationalist Aidar Battalion with openly neo-Nazi views, was briefly lionized as a media darling last year as a "heroine fighting against separatists." Continue reading.

TV Zvezda wrote:Украинские военные перебрасывают тяжелую технику в Мариуполь
    Ukrainian military heavy equipment being moved to Mariupol
    May 8, 2015, 12:46

Exploration DNI informed about the transfer of large amounts of heavy equipment of the Ukrainian army in Mariupol. According to militia, APU unloaded armored personnel carriers in the port city.

"In Mariupol port equipment arrived for the APU. Many techniques. The last two days in the city ukry fuss. Skid rooftops big guns, mortars put there. The streets travel trucks with infantry, apparently imported reinforcements and prepare for something "- said the militia. Continue reading.

@FarEasterner wrote:Kiev regime honors Nazi collaborators today in Rada
    The Situation in the Ukraine. #13 - Page 11 9sf8ep

@antelava wrote: As #ukraine remember millions who sacrificed lives to defeat Nazis this is a poster in Kiev's ind square
    The Situation in the Ukraine. #13 - Page 11 5yx44i

@FPaidinfull wrote:Saur-Mogila
    The Situation in the Ukraine. #13 - Page 11 200sjn4

INFO building wrote:

Komsomolskaya Pravda wrote:

Ukraine News wrote:civilian taken prisoner turned professional troll

Russia Today wrote:'No Nazi poisonous porridge!' Kharkiv veterans refused Junta's porridge

UA: First wrote:American paratroopers pleasant experience Ukrainian military
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Fri May 08, 2015 9:46 pm

Few days back the major Ukranian rebel bloggers, yurasumy, da dzi, putnik 1 etc, had a long video conference. In part they discussed the possibility of Kiev wanting to change the meaning of 9 May, and they mean to remove it being seen as a day to celebrate victory in GPW and be seen as a day to celebrate Kiev doing, what?.......

In my estimation Kiev will not attack tomorrow, but I will not be surprised if they do, or at least a serious provocation.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 2:54 am