Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+71
lyle6
marcellogo
jhelb
OminousSpudd
psg
ArgentinaGuard
0nillie0
owais.usmani
xeno
eridan
ATLASCUB
mnrck
Azi
sundoesntrise
Serberus
Ispan
TMA1
VARGR198
LMFS
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
Belisarius
GunshipDemocracy
Tolstoy
Ned86
PhSt
Airbornewolf
Firebird
Scorpius
limb
Werewolf
Mir
11E
adder
Arrow
kvs
GarryB
Rodion_Romanovic
Sujoy
Dr.Snufflebug
lancelot
flamming_python
PapaDragon
crod
par far
mnztr
franco
Isos
dionis
Broski
ucmvulcan
Erk
Regular
calripson
nomadski
ludovicense
billybatts91
Arkanghelsk
Podlodka77
JohninMK
thegopnik
Stealthflanker
Walther von Oldenburg
sepheronx
Big_Gazza
zorobabel
SolidarityWithRussia
SeigSoloyvov
Hole
caveat emptor
ALAMO
Backman
75 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #25

adder

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #25 - Page 6 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #25

Post  adder Sat Sep 17, 2022 1:06 pm

What modi said looks like it was agreed upon by both sides Russia and India before hand. Putin knows Modi is under pressure from west. So it looks likes it purely for media optics.

Remember Modi is bashed in western media even before russia-ukraine conflict. Because he won with a single majority, the US can't cook a color revolution for the liberal world order. A few liberals in social media and liberal media outlets in India will keep towing the western line. But they dont speak on the behalf of government or the silent majority.
    Modi visted SCO for his own interest securing fuel and other raw material supply chain.
    Putin said Russia has 8x increased supplies to India for fertilizers, not to mention increased oil imports.

Obviously India want the conflict to end soon, weak russia is bad for India and China.

I don't know what 5D chess putin is playing. But a bit more military fire power to destroy the ukraine morale would be helpful, rather then giving up all the hard fought gains.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #25 - Page 6 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #25

Post  GarryB Sat Sep 17, 2022 1:43 pm

Putin has not demanded China back and endorse Russian actions in Ukraine, and nor has he demanded India or Turkey or any other country do the same.

Putin is not so shallow as to have launched this attack because he hoped his friendly countries would back him... he attacked because Russia had a national interest to attack.

Bio weapons labs, Nazis, the threat of nuclear weapons, and the fact that Kiev was going to attack the Donbass and Lugansk and also Crimean territories anyway so war was going to happen... the only question was... who got hit first.

In a person to person conflict most places on the planet you let the other guy have the first punch so that way you can pummel him and not go to jail... but if you know he has a knife you shoot him first and hope you can convince the jury it was still self defence.

franco, flamming_python, par far, Big_Gazza, kvs, JohninMK, adder and like this post

11E

Post  11E Sat Sep 17, 2022 2:02 pm

Hole wrote:
    Another mighty sophisticated western war machine captured by  russia

The good thing was that it was not sophisticated and worked always.

It seems that we have given all PRCO (Pantser Rups COmmandovoering Tracked Armoured Command Vehicle) variants to Ukraine which were only armed with a .50. There were 25mm autocannon variants (YPR-765PRI (Pantser Rups Infanterie - Tracked Armoured Infantry) but most of them are sold to Jordan and Egypt. Back in the late eigthies we already knew that the armour was more for morale than anything else above 12.7mm Laughing

Indeed, engaging a vehicle with a modern 30mm autocannon ammunition with a .50 is suicidal...

flamming_python, Regular, ALAMO, Broski, Belisarius and Podlodka77 like this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Sat Sep 17, 2022 2:15 pm

Big balls, small brain. Laughing

flamming_python and Hole like this post

Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Sat Sep 17, 2022 2:31 pm

Most excellent.  Continue to hit the achillies heel of the Ukropissstainian energy grid. Turn off their lights and communications. Stop all train movements. thumbsup

kvs, JohninMK, thegopnik, Hole, lyle6, Mir, Broski and like this post

Mir
    Mir

Post  Mir Sat Sep 17, 2022 3:08 pm

Nice footage of a Ka-52 destroying one of the barges the other day at the NPP with Vikhrs ATGM's.
    Apparently Russians don't use these kind of missiles dunno Laughing

psg, flamming_python, Werewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs, Hole, Broski and like this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Sat Sep 17, 2022 3:21 pm

Sharif PM of Pakistan

(I guess it doesn't matter if Imran khan is there , Sharif is a pro russian from sound of it)

Pakistans new PM was widely expected to take a pro-American stance and step away from pro-Russian political ties, however, that did not happen. Here’s his address to Putin:

“Your Excellency President Putin.
    It is really a great honour and a pleasure to call on you along with my colleagues, the Foreign Minister, Defence Minister and Finance Minister. My brother, Nawaz Sharif, sends you his very warm regards. I brought good wishes for you and the people of your great country, Russia, from Pakistan. The people of Pakistan convey their very good wishes to you.

President Putin, thank you for your condolences message. We have had devastating floods because of unprecedented torrential rains in Pakistan, which have hurt the entire country: 33 million people have been affected, 1,400 have died, and hundreds of children have died. Millions of acres of crops – rice, cotton, sugar cane – all gone. Millions of houses have been damaged, partially or completely. The Foreign Minister’s province of Sindh has been most devastated, as well as Balochistan, and then other parts of Pakistan. Thank you for your support. We have received your valuable support at this critical time. We are very grateful to you.

I just want to let you know that my fond memories with your great country go back to 1968–1969, when I was a student. That was my first trip to any international country. So, I went to Moscow – my father sent me for business training. I met companies like Stankoimport and Mashinexport – they had their office at Dom 35, Moscow. That is my memory with your great country.

At that time, we had barter trade between Pakistan and the Soviet Union. The first steel plant was built by the Soviet Union in Karachi. His grandfather, Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto, laid the foundation stone. We had tremendous partnership – that is the kind of relationship Pakistan had with your great country. It is on its own, it does not need any support, it is inclusive and it is not at the cost of any other country.

Your Excellency, we want to build our relations with your great country with full commitment and full dedication, because you are a superpower. Pakistan stands to gain from this mutual cooperation, mutual understanding, promoting trade, investment, and other areas like gas pipelines. We had signed a protocol in 2016–2017 that needed to be implemented. Unfortunately, for some reason, it could not be, but I know the potential your great country has, from which Pakistan must benefit in our own interest.

I have come here with my delegation with this proposal for your kind consideration, Mr President. We need to further cement our relations. We need to further build our relations in the field of energy, in the field of trade, in the field of investment and of course other strategic areas.
    You are a man of action. You decide, and then you implement. I want to assure you that I want to work closely with you for our mutual [benefit].” - Prime Minister of Pakistan Shehbaz Sharif

t.me/asbmil

flamming_python and owais.usmani like this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Sat Sep 17, 2022 3:32 pm

Looks like Sharif and Putin agreed on grain supplies and gas deliveries

The TAPI pipeline was mentioned through Afghanistan to supply Pakistan and probably India if it goes ahead

Taliban shelling Uzbeks make sense, taliban want Russian approval for pipeline to shore up their government

Russia needs guarantees from talibs-

All will be settled

flamming_python and owais.usmani like this post

Backman
    Backman

Post  Backman Sat Sep 17, 2022 3:52 pm

sepheronx wrote:I truly believe that eventually Russia will have to punish Kazakhstan.  And guaranteed China will follow along.  It doesn't seem Kazakhs are very bright seeing as they are wedged between two major powers that they will end up antagonizing on behest of Turkey.

Russia should get Ukraine done so that it can deal with this US proxy in Kazakhstan. That's what it is. Nobody else would be this stupid.

owais.usmani likes this post

caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:25 pm

GarryB wrote:
    Sure he said that they have enough drones. And the best drones. Yet didn't say where those are coming from

The whole idea of drones is that they are simple and easy and cheap to make in large volumes... they don't seem to be short of missiles and artillery shells and bombs... why would they be short of drones.

Because Chemezov and co fucked up, which was publicly acknowledged even by Putin. Still, Chemezov is still in charge, as he probably promised he'll get better at doimg his job.🤣🤣

Of course deployment is another thing... not every group of soldiers will have a dozen drones to carry around, and there is no point giving them drones if the instructions are in Chinese or Iranian.

This comment is so dumb that it wins the internet today. 
    I guess that all people who use DJI drones are fluent in Chinese.

Pooling drones for artillery and recon use makes sense... the fact that some units might not have enough or no charging point to keep their drones operating is another matter... some drones need a 3-4 hour charge for 20-40 minutes of operation. They would need to come with 10 batteries each to be useful.

Drones provided by crowdfunding do come with multiple batteries and power banks. There's plenty material to back that up on the web. 

Orlan drone has a gas engine.
    With that said, even Russian regulars use a lot of Mavic and other civilian drones and LDNR almost exclusively depends on them, as they have very limited number of Orlans.

Last edited by caveat emptor on Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
    ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:29 pm

caveat emptor wrote:
    GarryB wrote:

Sure he said that they have enough drones. And the best drones. Yet didn't say where those are coming from

The whole idea of drones is that they are simple and easy and cheap to make in large volumes... they don't seem to be short of missiles and artillery shells and bombs... why would they be short of drones.

Because Chemezov and co fucked up, which was publicly acknowledged even by Putin. Still, Chemezov is still in charge, as he probably promised he'll get better at doimg his job.🤣🤣

Of course deployment is another thing... not every group of soldiers will have a dozen drones to carry around, and there is no point giving them drones if the instructions are in Chinese or Iranian.

This comment is so dumb that it wins the internet today. 
    I guess that all people who use DJI drones are fluent in Chinese.

Pooling drones for artillery and recon use makes sense... the fact that some units might not have enough or no charging point to keep their drones operating is another matter... some drones need a 3-4 hour charge for 20-40 minutes of operation. They would need to come with 10 batteries each to be useful.

Drones provided by crowdfunding do come with multiple batteries and power banks. There's plenty material to back that up on the web. 

Orlan drone has a gas engine.
    With that said, even Russian regulars use a lot of Mavic and other civilian drones and LDNR almost exclusively depends on them, as they have very limited number of Orlans.

I guess you have made som fuckup with quoting bro scratch
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:31 pm

I was not few days online and this thread just explodes and then this...??? WTF?

spherenox wrote:Russian special military operation in Ukraine #25 - Page 6 Y5xpbh10

WTF happened here? Did you have access to my account?
    Podlodka77
    Podlodka77

Post  Podlodka77 Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:43 pm

From TASS:

- The Russian Aerospace Forces (VKS) during a special operation with precision strikes destroyed more than 50 militants of the Ukrainian national formation "Kraken" and two brigades of the Armed Forces of Ukraine (AFU) in the KharkOv region. This was stated on Saturday by the official representative of the Russian Defense Ministry, Lieutenant-General Igor Konashenkov.
    The high-precision strikes of the Russian Aerospace Forces on the points of temporary deployment of the unit of the nationalist formation "Kraken", the 92nd mechanized and 81st airmobile brigades in the areas of Dvurechnoe, Shevchenkovo ​​and Kupyansk of the Kharkiv region destroyed more than 50 nationalists and over 10 units of special military equipment and vehicles.

- The Armed Forces of the Russian Federation destroyed more than 230 Ukrainian soldiers by striking the combat positions of two brigades of the Armed Forces of Ukraine (AFU) in the Donetsk People's Republic. This was announced to journalists on Saturday by the official representative of the Russian Defense Ministry, Lieutenant-General Igor Konashenkov.
    "Concentrated fire strikes on the combat positions of the 58th and 93rd motorized infantry brigades in the areas of Druzhkovka and Artemovsk, the 53rd mechanized brigade in the Zaytsevo area of ​​the Donetsk People's Republic destroyed more than 230 Ukrainian servicemen, 10 tanks and 23 armored combat vehicles," he said. Konashenkov

- During a special operation in Ukraine, Russian aviation, missile troops and artillery hit five command posts of the Armed Forces of Ukraine in a day. This was stated on Saturday by the official representative of the Russian Defense Ministry, Lieutenant-General Igor Konashenkov. "The strikes of operational-tactical and army aviation, missile forces and artillery hit five command posts of the Armed Forces of Ukraine in the areas of the settlements of Piskunovka, Seversk, Novoukrainka and Artemovsk of the Donetsk People's Republic, Kamyshevakh, Zaporozhye region, as well as 53 artillery units, manpower and military equipment in a day Armed Forces of Ukraine in 117 districts," he said.
    According to Konashenkov, four depots of rocket-artillery weapons and ammunition were destroyed in the areas of the settlement. Zolochiv of the Kharkov region, Kirovo of the Donetsk People's Republic, Omelnik and Veselyanka of the Zaporozhye region.

- Two brigades of the Armed Forces of Ukraine (AFU) as a result of massive attacks by the Russian Aerospace Forces (VKS), missile forces and artillery during a special operation lost more than 140 servicemen killed and wounded, as well as five tanks and 14 pieces of equipment in a day.
    "The Russian Aerospace Forces, rocket troops and artillery inflicted massive fire strikes on units and reserves of the Armed Forces of Ukraine. As a result of high-precision strikes, the losses of the 46th airmobile brigade in the Bereznegovatoye and Velikoye Artakovo districts of the Nikolaev region, the 24th mechanized brigade in the Bezymennoe district of the Kherson region amounted to more than 140 Ukrainian servicemen killed and wounded, five tanks and 14 units of military equipment"

- Two companies of the Armed Forces of Ukraine (AFU) in the area of ​​Pravdino (Kherson region) made an unsuccessful attempt to attack. This was announced to journalists on Saturday by the official representative of the Russian Defense Ministry, Lieutenant-General Igor Konashenkov.
    "In the area of ​​​​the settlement of Pravdino, Kherson region, the enemy, with the help of two companies, supported by nine tanks and 16 armored combat vehicles of the 28th mechanized brigade, made an unsuccessful offensive attempt," Konashenkov said.
    According to the official representative of the Russian Ministry of Defense, as a result, the RF Armed Forces destroyed enemy manpower and equipment. "In the course of hostilities, the Russian armed forces destroyed more than 120 Ukrainian servicemen, seven tanks and 13 infantry fighting vehicles in a few hours," he added.

- Russian air defense systems shot down eight Ukrainian unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) in a day, and also intercepted 25 shells of Alder and HIMARS multiple launch rocket systems (MLRS). Such data was given on Saturday by the official representative of the Russian Defense Ministry, Lieutenant-General Igor Konashenkov.

Big_Gazza, kvs, Hole, Broski and Belisarius like this post

sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:01 pm

Werewolf wrote:I was not few days online and this thread just explodes and then this...??? WTF?

spherenox wrote:Russian special military operation in Ukraine #25 - Page 6 Y5xpbh10

WTF happened here? Did you have access to my account?

Lol, no idea what's happening on your end.
    Backman
    Backman

Post  Backman Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:02 pm

GarryB
    Ukraine heavily sh.

But continue to cry that no one will tell you what is actually happening and other people on the internet tell you their guesses which you just brush off as Cope.

Keep blubbering like a child and say the sky is falling Chicken Little.

Geez man. I've only been on team doom for a couple days and you're cursing me out more than the perma doomers. Very Happy
    I am not a perma doomer.  Even the q and a Putin did recently had a calming effect.

Last edited by Backman on Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:41 pm; edited 4 times in total
    Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:26 pm

11E wrote:The good thing was that it was not sophisticated and worked always.
    According to western politicians and presstitutes everything coming from the west is sophisticated.

flamming_python, Big_Gazza, kvs, ALAMO, Broski, Belisarius and Podlodka77 like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:28 pm

ALAMO wrote:Big balls, small brain. Laughing
    After seeing this video and the one with the BMP-1 driver killing at least 2 of his own and then crashing into the crater made by artillery, the creators of the Darwin award decided to leave the trophy insinde "Ukraine" forever.

franco, Big_Gazza, kvs, ALAMO, Ispan, Broski and Belisarius like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:30 pm

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #25 - Page 6 Fc2uqj10
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #25 - Page 6 Fc2uqj11
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #25 - Page 6 Fc2uqj12
    Minor damage to the Slavyansk PP. Smoking is really bad.  Very Happy

Big_Gazza, kvs, Backman, Broski, Belisarius and Podlodka77 like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:31 pm

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #25 - Page 6 Fc3tii10
    Sophisticated ASU-85 in UkroNazi service.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #25 - Page 6 Fcy-5v10
    The other side: T-90M in Melitopol

franco, par far, Big_Gazza, kvs, lancelot, Broski, Belisarius and Podlodka77 like this post

Backman
    Backman

Post  Backman Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:43 pm

After Kadyrovs call for self mobilization, several cities have responded. So far these regions announced volunteers units that are ready:

🔸Crimea
    🔸Tatarstan
    🔸Vladivostok
    🔸Kirov
    🔸Voronezh
    🔸Chuvashia
    🔸Bashkiria

par far, Big_Gazza and owais.usmani like this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:45 pm

Hole wrote:
    Sophisticated ASU-85 in UkroNazi service.

As I have said when we have discussed the T-62Ms - there will be a time when having any tank simply beats not having one Laughing

Hole wrote:
    Minor damage to the Slavyansk PP. Smoking is really bad.  Very Happy

As an armchair expert, I will rise the question why haven't they put down this fire with all the water they have extra?
    And don't tell me it is another part of Ukraine, because I give a shit!
    They have extra water, there is some fire, just put that water into the fire!
    Should work, worked always when I was playing Facebook-supplied games (never Laughing ). Click, clack, mausy busy!
    limb

Post  limb Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:13 pm

Now that the frontline has been shortened and Russian troops are moved to donbass, what going on with the (small) progress in artemovsk and soledar?

par far

Post  par far Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:31 pm

It's all but confirmed that Iranian drones were/are being used by Russia In Ukraine and they are making a difference by the sounds of it.

Big_Gazza and Podlodka77 like this post

calripson

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #25 - Page 6 Empty Where Are Moscow and Saint Petersburg on the List?

Post  calripson Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:59 pm

Backman wrote:After Kadyrovs call for self mobilization, several cities have responded. So far these regions announced volunteers units that are ready:

🔸Crimea
    🔸Tatarstan
    🔸Vladivostok
    🔸Kirov
    🔸Voronezh
    🔸Chuvashia
    🔸Bashkiria

See the rich folk in Moscow and Saint Petersburg aren't on the list.

flamming_python, PapaDragon and owais.usmani like this post

sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:11 pm

calripson wrote:
    Backman wrote:After Kadyrovs call for self mobilization, several cities have responded. So far these regions announced volunteers units that are ready:

🔸Crimea
    🔸Tatarstan
    🔸Vladivostok
    🔸Kirov
    🔸Voronezh
    🔸Chuvashia
    🔸Bashkiria

See the rich folk in Moscow and Saint Petersburg aren't on the list.

Initially it was just purely volunteers from anywhere going. This is more like officials jumping on the bandwagon and calling on people to volunteer to get trained and fight. Nothing wrong with that and if the local governments are willing to help finance the training, equipment and such, that's good. Crimea said the local banks are helping out a ton.

I'm guessing they will all be sent to that rosgvardi training facility in Chechnya. It seems to be the main training facility for volunteers in this conflict.

Big_Gazza, Hole and Broski like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 3:55 am