Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+71
lyle6
marcellogo
jhelb
OminousSpudd
psg
ArgentinaGuard
0nillie0
owais.usmani
xeno
eridan
ATLASCUB
mnrck
Azi
sundoesntrise
Serberus
Ispan
TMA1
VARGR198
LMFS
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
Belisarius
GunshipDemocracy
Tolstoy
Ned86
PhSt
Airbornewolf
Firebird
Scorpius
limb
Werewolf
Mir
11E
adder
Arrow
kvs
GarryB
Rodion_Romanovic
Sujoy
Dr.Snufflebug
lancelot
flamming_python
PapaDragon
crod
par far
mnztr
franco
Isos
dionis
Broski
ucmvulcan
Erk
Regular
calripson
nomadski
ludovicense
billybatts91
Arkanghelsk
Podlodka77
JohninMK
thegopnik
Stealthflanker
Walther von Oldenburg
sepheronx
Big_Gazza
zorobabel
SolidarityWithRussia
SeigSoloyvov
Hole
caveat emptor
ALAMO
Backman
75 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #25

Backman
    Backman

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #25 Empty Russian special military operation in Ukraine #25

Post  Backman Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:37 pm

Today, in the first half of the day, the Ukrainians have:

- shelled the city administration building in Kherson while a meeting was in session, also hitting the city center & random civilians

- assassinated the Prosecutor General of the LPR and his Deputy with a bomb in his office

- murdered the Deputy Mayor of Berdyansk and his wife

... while Moscow continues playing nice.

zardof, owais.usmani, Arkanghelsk and Arsenic like this post

ALAMO

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #25 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #25

Post  ALAMO Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:43 pm

caveat emptor wrote:
    You are right. Eastern Europe, ex-Warsaw pact retirees have it worse, Eurozone situation is usually better the more you go to the north and in US is under a principle everyone for himself.
    Due to how pension system functions, bad demographics put more strain on the system itself and retirees get shafted as you have decreasing number of workers contributing to system that has ever more retirees. Of course, cost of living inflation makes it even harder. Present working generations in countries with bad demographics are looking toward a world where they won't be able to retire till a very old age and their retirement payouts will be severely cut.

When you look at the principal cost of living or having a well secured family, things are getting worse in the last 20 years.
    No matter what the fancy "economic parameters" are saying.
    We have made a very easy and much telling comparison with my wife not more than a month ago.
    We took our standard of living 20 years ago, and transferred it to the current price basket.
    It turned out, that it is IMPOSSIBLE for a young couple today to have the living standard we had.
    A family of my friend lives in the UK. Their sons can't afford buying an apartment in London, while being a doctor and a broker.
    Both are well educated, having highly paid jobs in the "center of global financing" and "one of the wealthiest economies". Can't afford a bloody app!

Firebird, Big_Gazza and caveat emptor like this post

caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #25 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #25

Post  caveat emptor Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:45 pm

Backman wrote:Today, in the first half of the day, the Ukrainians have:

- shelled the city administration building in Kherson while a meeting was in session, also hitting the city center & random civilians

- assassinated the Prosecutor General of the LPR and his Deputy with a bomb in his office

Everyone caught in connection to terror acts in Russia or Russian controlled parts of Ukraine, should be treated as terrorist. Death penalty and all.
    No exchanges. That especially goes for GUR and SBU members. Also, they should continue to hunt them after the war. Like Mossad did with Nazis.

GarryB, Firebird, Werewolf, Big_Gazza and BliTTzZ like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Fri Sep 16, 2022 5:03 pm

Erk wrote:
    Stealthflanker wrote:
    TMA1 wrote:Also stealthflanker have you asked yourself why it seems the west 8s so desperate to get Russia to mobilize?

Well i do tho.. if Russians do mobilize.. i think it's gonna be a WWIII. The pissed off Russians will finally shooting down NATO ISR's and ready nukes for some final showdown.

Then they wont need to mobilize, because ICBMs don't need an infantry.

Why mobilize if you have at least 100.000 professional soldiers in the area + all the conscripts that are not used, even in the rear area. Conscripts are soldiers, too. You can avoid the service in  the Army when you are getting drafted. In a mobilization your only way to avoid becoming a soldier (again) is if you can prove that your job is important for the economy. That´s why the volunteer system was borne. All those guys in the best military age that are re-trained now and forming new batallions doing this voluntarily. Nobody forced them to join.

GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs and Mir like this post

SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Fri Sep 16, 2022 5:04 pm

One would have thought by now the russians would have gotten the message, man this incompetence is starting to get legendary
    SolidarityWithRussia

Post  SolidarityWithRussia Fri Sep 16, 2022 5:30 pm

An interesting Jimmy Dore video about the Kharkov offensive. He is one of the few decent political commentators on yt.

Big_Gazza, Erk, zardof and Hole like this post

zorobabel
    zorobabel

Post  zorobabel Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:04 pm

Ukraine heavily shelled civilian targets inside Russia yesterday, killing civilians. I don't think Moscow is playing nice; I don't think the leadership knows what else to do.
    Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:05 pm

SolidarityWithRussia wrote:An interesting Jimmy Dore video about the Kharkov offensive. He is one of the few decent political commentators on yt.

Jason Hinkle makes the vid a success. I like Dore and I enjoy his pessimistic realism, but he knows fck all about the nitty gritty of Ukropistan. Jason however, he gets it.

sepheronx, GarryB, kvs and Hole like this post

Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:09 pm

zorobabel wrote:Ukraine heavily shelled civilian targets inside Russia yesterday, killing civilians. I don't think Moscow is playing nice; I don't think the leadership knows what else to do.

The Ukrop cavemen are cultivating some full-blooded hatred amongst the Russian people.  It's in Russias strategic interests to let them do it as long as the attacks are just pin pricks.  You can say its cynical, but it will be effective. When the time comes to really smash 404 into the ground and grind them into a bloody mess, the Russian populace won't complain but will instead cheer and demand more. Not a bad position to be in when prosecuting a war Twisted Evil

GarryB and Hole like this post

Backman
    Backman

Post  Backman Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:14 pm

SolidarityWithRussia wrote:An interesting Jimmy Dore video about the Kharkov offensive. He is one of the few decent political commentators on yt.
    ]

Perfect example of 2 English language media personalities who were on Russia's side and have been pulling ppl in. And then Russia just drops an impossible task on their lap. They have no choice but to try and explain it away. But there is no explaining it away really.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:25 pm

Hole wrote:
    Erk wrote:
    Stealthflanker wrote:
    TMA1 wrote:Also stealthflanker have you asked yourself why it seems the west 8s so desperate to get Russia to mobilize?

Well i do tho.. if Russians do mobilize.. i think it's gonna be a WWIII. The pissed off Russians will finally shooting down NATO ISR's and ready nukes for some final showdown.

Then they wont need to mobilize, because ICBMs don't need an infantry.

Why mobilize if you have at least 100.000 professional soldiers in the area + all the conscripts that are not used, even in the rear area. Conscripts are soldiers, too. You can avoid the service in  the Army when you are getting drafted. In a mobilization your only way to avoid becoming a soldier (again) is if you can prove that your job is important for the economy. That´s why the volunteer system was borne. All those guys in the best military age that are re-trained now and forming new batallions doing this voluntarily. Nobody forced them to join.

Apparently Volunteers also get a ton of benefits too. It was either posted here before or on one of the telegram channels.

GarryB likes this post

Walther von Oldenburg
    Walther von Oldenburg

Post  Walther von Oldenburg Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:29 pm

Mass grave found in Izyum
    https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/mass-grave-more-than-440-bodies-found-izium-ukraine-police-2022-09-15/
    Stealthflanker
    Stealthflanker

Post  Stealthflanker Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:04 pm

Walther von Oldenburg wrote:Mass grave found in Izyum
    https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/mass-grave-more-than-440-bodies-found-izium-ukraine-police-2022-09-15/

Yep.. another bucha and despite apparently it's grave for fallen Ukrainian soldier. It will be painted by media as yet another massacre.
    zorobabel
    zorobabel

Post  zorobabel Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:04 pm

AFU crossed the Oskol and have taken control of eastern Kupyansk and are moving south toward Borovaya: https://t.me/boris_rozhin/64143
    thegopnik
    thegopnik

Post  thegopnik Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:06 pm

if anyone gets tired of doomer posters you can periodically check whats going on here instead. https://twitter.com/ILRUSSO1/status/1570819116789006336

https://twitter.com/mdfzeh
    caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:26 pm

thegopnik wrote:if anyone gets tired of doomer posters you can periodically check whats going on here instead. https://twitter.com/ILRUSSO1/status/1570819116789006336

You do understand that all these postings are just filtered and recycled content from Russian tg groups? I don't think anyone here is a doomer. People are just not happy with the direction of operation. Mostly due to political decisions.

owais.usmani and limb like this post

Backman
    Backman

Post  Backman Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:30 pm

Walther von Oldenburg wrote:Mass grave found in Izyum

STFU. Call it what it is. Another propaganda psyop. I reported on it 2 pages ago

Werewolf, par far, Big_Gazza, kvs and Podlodka77 like this post

Walther von Oldenburg
    Walther von Oldenburg

Post  Walther von Oldenburg Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:34 pm

The Duran reports that Bakhmut is now surrounded
    thegopnik
    thegopnik

Post  thegopnik Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:36 pm

caveat emptor wrote:
    thegopnik wrote:if anyone gets tired of doomer posters you can periodically check whats going on here instead. https://twitter.com/ILRUSSO1/status/1570819116789006336

You do understand that all these postings are just filtered and recycled content from Russian tg groups? I don't think anyone here is a doomer. People are just not happy with the direction of operation. Mostly due to political decisions.

gives photo and video updates on Russia in ukraine.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:48 pm

Today's new allocation of US gifts

As for the newly approved $600 million package, the package includes the following according to a Department of Defense list:

Additional ammunition for High Mobility Artillery Rocket Systems (HIMARS)
    36,000 105mm artillery rounds
    1,000 precision-guided 155mm artillery rounds
    Four counter-artillery radars
    Four trucks and eight trailers to transport heavy equipment
    Counter-Unmanned Aerial Systems
    Mine clearing equipment
    Claymore anti-personnel munitions
    Demolition munitions and equipment
    Small arms and ammunition
    Night vision devices, cold weather gear, and other field equipment
    zorobabel
    zorobabel

Post  zorobabel Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:53 pm

zorobabel wrote:AFU crossed the Oskol and have taken control of eastern Kupyansk and are moving south toward Borovaya: https://t.me/boris_rozhin/64143
    This is not confirmed yet. However, Colonel Cassad believes it is true: https://t.me/boris_rozhin/64151
    thegopnik
    thegopnik

Post  thegopnik Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:55 pm

harden your heart Putin.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #25 Screen34

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #25 Screen35

Hole and Arkanghelsk like this post

Podlodka77
    Podlodka77

Post  Podlodka77 Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:59 pm

ALAMO wrote:
    caveat emptor wrote:
    Situation is especially hard for retired people, as they were basically thrown under the bus. Pensions are very low, sub 20K.
    While, in the West, pensions are also lower than average salary, at least they had a chance to save for rainy days, which was not the case in

Well my friend, I have no idea where you get your sugar vision of the "West" pension reality, but I will tell you a secret : it is not what you think.
    First, there is a huge difference in so called "West" and you can't compare them as one.
    Second, the chance for "saving for rainy days" is a sick joke only.
    The savings are deliberately targeted by the inflation in front of your eyes.
    All the investment funds are bringing return rates lower than the real inflation level.
    It is not a coincidence.
    In my country, people's savings have been "nationalized" twice already since the whole reform started in 1999 only.
    I have lost tens of thousands of euros being "reassigned" for the nationwide insurance company, where those exist as empty numbers only.
    Nobody will see a cent of that capital, still, the capital was real. Every employer transferred real money to the individual accounts. Our govt just ordered transferring that money - more than PLN150 BILLION, approx. 40 bln euro when that was carried out.
    Stolen. As easy as that.
    Inheritance is non existing in reality.
    We are not an exceptional case, you know.
    Even in relatively well-tailored German system, they struggle with the pensions being lower and lower.
    My friend retired from a position of police officer in rank equal to captain (no idea what it is called in Germany, never asked) five years ago.
    If he would keep working for a month longer, new rules would be applied to him, slashing his pension BY HALF.
    The German booming pensioners are long gone, they are trying to stay alive at the moment.
    What is called a replacement rate - an average percentage of your salary becoming your pension - is getting lower and lower in the whole Europe.
    By 2060, it will reach the 25% (!!!) average for the EU.
    It is only 38 years ahead, a perspective that every young person starting a career now will hit.
    Sometimes it is really good to check the facts.
    It might turn out, that the grass is more green at the neighbours lawn only from a far perspective Laughing

I am ashamed that this "mountaineer" is my countryman. Alamo, you'll sooner reach the next nearest star than explain anything to him. A complete idiot...

GarryB likes this post

Stealthflanker
    Stealthflanker

Post  Stealthflanker Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:02 pm

Another thing on murder and terrorist attacks on Russian occupied territory. I guess FSB and Ukrainian SSO+ partisans are playing some hard cat-mouse game.
    caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:13 pm

Podlodka77 wrote:
    I am ashamed that this "mountaineer" is my countryman. Alamo, you'll sooner reach the next nearest star than explain anything to him. A complete idiot...

Oh, a connoisseur of Romanov's German sausage entered the chat. Believe me son, feeling is mutual.
    They've let you out for the weekend? How's therapy progressing?
    I can bet that everything you've seen from the foreign countries is Nesebar and Paralia.

owais.usmani likes this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:20 am