Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+74
Airbornewolf
ArgentinaGuard
nero
dionis
Vann7
Fred333
mnrck
Tsavo Lion
Tolstoy
Firebird
walle83
billybatts91
MMBR
Podlodka77
zorobabel
limb
mr_hd
Sprut-B
klahtinen
Werewolf
AlfaT8
Kiko
Ispan
psg
Azi
ucmvulcan
JohninMK
Walther von Oldenburg
kvs
11E
par far
PhSt
SolidarityWithRussia
Eugenio Argentina
DerWolf
Isos
GarryB
nomadski
Serberus
ALAMO
PapaDragon
Krepost
franco
OminousSpudd
Erk
ATLASCUB
Big_Gazza
mnztr
diabetus
Regular
LMFS
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
Scorpius
GunshipDemocracy
Stealthflanker
pavi
Sujoy
Urluber
andalusia
flamming_python
VARGR198
sepheronx
Hinex1988
caveat emptor
Dr.Snufflebug
lancelot
d_taddei2
Arrow
Belisarius
Mir
lyle6
Hole
SeigSoloyvov
Arkanghelsk
78 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #16

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #16  - Page 20 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #16

Post  Arkanghelsk Tue May 17, 2022 1:58 pm

https://t.me/swodki/97463

Surreal footage of Ukrop sappers mining exits from azovstal

Why do they get to carry weaponry ?
    Kiko
    Kiko

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #16  - Page 20 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #16

Post  Kiko Tue May 17, 2022 1:58 pm

It's important the capture and exposure of all NATzO operatives surrendering at Azovstal, along with their full names, rank and countries of origin.

Bring in the sunshine into this rathole!

Last edited by Kiko on Wed May 18, 2022 2:48 am; edited 2 times in total

d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, LMFS, lancelot, Mir, Broski, Belisarius and Urluber like this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Tue May 17, 2022 1:59 pm

Serberus wrote:https://t.me/swodki/97463
    Armed Azovites clearing the way out, DNR troops milling around, Russian reporter recording and even trying to talk to them, bit of a surreal scene.

Beat me to it, exactly my thought

Surreal

Why are they allowed rifles ?
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Tue May 17, 2022 2:02 pm

One thing I can agree with Vann on is Russia does need more moderately priced large attack drones.
    billybatts91
    billybatts91

Post  billybatts91 Tue May 17, 2022 2:04 pm

What's up with Kharkiv? Are Russians not interested in it?

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #16  - Page 20 63425610
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Tue May 17, 2022 2:05 pm

To few troops, Ukraine is exploiting that, attack them to push them out.
    Serberus
    Serberus

Post  Serberus Tue May 17, 2022 2:06 pm

Arkanghelsk wrote:
    Serberus wrote:https://t.me/swodki/97463
    Armed Azovites clearing the way out, DNR troops milling around, Russian reporter recording and even trying to talk to them, bit of a surreal scene.

Beat me to it,  exactly my thought

Surreal

Why are they allowed rifles ?

I guess for “mutual assurances” they agreed until they surrender officially, i think this was prior to the first batch coming out, but still a surreal scene considering this is Azov.

Also I saw reports of a batch of the surrendered azovites taken to Rostov-on-Don

d_taddei2, GunshipDemocracy, Sprut-B, Hole, Broski, bitch_killer, Arkanghelsk and Belisarius like this post

Serberus
    Serberus

Post  Serberus Tue May 17, 2022 2:11 pm

billybatts91 wrote:What's up with Kharkiv? Are Russians not interested in it?

Seriously can you trolls get off it with Kharkov already, every page one of you brings it up because u got nothing else to distract you from Azovs end.

Literally nothing of note has happened there in the last week since Russia withdrew to more defendable lines. It even shows it on your map.

flamming_python, kvs, VARGR198, Sprut-B, LMFS, Hole, lancelot and like this post

billybatts91
    billybatts91

Post  billybatts91 Tue May 17, 2022 2:17 pm

Serberus wrote:

Seriously can you trolls get off it with Kharkov already, every page one of you brings it up because u got nothing else to distract you from Azovs end.

Literally nothing of note has happened there in the last week since Russia withdrew to more defendable lines. It even shows it on your map.

Why is it considered trolling? Why the hell aren't the Russians putting more forces to take the city? It's a strategic location, especially for supply lines. The Ukrainians are hitting Belgorod from here and I think the Russians should take it over, yet they're retreating for some odd reason. And taking over Azovstal finally is cool, but we've known that would be the outcome for quite some time now. There's many more pressing issues at play and the Russians are performing poorly in those situations, like the one mentioned above. This needs to change asap.

d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, Sprut-B, Arkanghelsk and Belisarius dislike this post

Serberus
    Serberus

Post  Serberus Tue May 17, 2022 2:24 pm

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #16  - Page 20 B9c2a610

I didn’t  know their mission was to lose Mariupol and surrender.
    Job well done 😂

Copium is a hard ass drug.

GarryB, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, GunshipDemocracy, VARGR198, MMBR and like this post

walle83

Post  walle83 Tue May 17, 2022 2:42 pm

billybatts91 wrote:
    Serberus wrote:

Why is it considered trolling? Why the hell aren't the Russians putting more forces to take the city? It's a strategic location, especially for supply lines. The Ukrainians are hitting Belgorod from here and I think the Russians should take it over, yet they're retreating for some odd reason. And taking over Azovstal finally is cool, but we've known that would be the outcome for quite some time now. There's many more pressing issues at play and the Russians are performing poorly in those situations, like the one mentioned above. This needs to change asap.

Because they dont have enough men and equipment. 170-190.000 men was never enough for a invasion. After 3 months of fighting Russia is probably down to 130-150.000 now.

Firebird, VARGR198, Sprut-B, lancelot and Belisarius dislike this post

Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Tue May 17, 2022 2:46 pm

flamming_python wrote:
    ALAMO wrote:All the African operators of Su-27 added make hardly 20 pcs. All of them being Russia friendly (Ethiopia, Eritrea, Angola), and I really doubt if half of them fly anyway.
    Not sure if you were kiddin' with those "African planes" Laughing

Or the 404s transferred their Su-27s and MiG-29s to Romania at the beginning of the conflict anyway, as there was a report about - that a Ukrainian Su-27 skipped over to Romania.

Either way it doesn't matter. Point is they still have some aircraft that they can drip feed into Ukrainian airspace, to make Russia look incompetent about not having taken them all out on day 1 - but in reality the survival time for any Ukro aircraft re-entering their own airspace is measured in hours.

Total bullshit FP.

Laughing

Survival is measured in minutes... Razz

Hole, Broski and Belisarius like this post

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Tue May 17, 2022 2:50 pm

limb wrote:So you're calling for genocide?...

What genocide?

It's not genocide if they pick up a gun by themselves and walk to their deaths on their own

But even the largest woodchipper can only process so much meat at a time so this needs to go on for as long as possible

Ukrainians come willingly, artillery and airforce dispose of them, rinse and repeat until all problems voluntarily go away forever

limb wrote:...Russia can't waste money for years...

They are not wasting, they are investing

And numbers say that they have more than plenty of money

limb wrote:...Also how do you know that more Ukrainians are getting killed compared to in the first few weeks of the war?

By looking at photos of their rotting corpses

flamming_python wrote:...No, he's just too into his WH40K

I've been getting back into BattleTech big time lately but my loyalty to the God Emperor remains firm

GarryB, Big_Gazza, GunshipDemocracy, Sprut-B, Hole, Broski, Arkanghelsk and like this post

Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Tue May 17, 2022 3:00 pm

JohninMK wrote:He asked God and God said "surrender"

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #16  - Page 20 FS8Mku5WUAAlId1?format=png&name=small

No, he's just a Azovite Vampyre choosing to commit suicide rather than be redeemed... They photoshopped out the smoke... Razz

GarryB, flamming_python, kvs, Sprut-B, Hole, Broski and Belisarius like this post

Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E

Post  Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E Tue May 17, 2022 3:02 pm

SeigSoloyvov wrote:One thing I can agree with Vann on is Russia does need more moderately priced large attack drones.
    Call Tehran and Order 40x Shahed 129 with teams.

Air bridge with IL-76 and the drones are over the front after 3 days! What is Larow for?
    Erk
    Erk

Post  Erk Tue May 17, 2022 3:16 pm

walle83 wrote:...
    Because they dont have enough men and equipment. 170-190.000 men was never enough for a invasion. After 3 months of fighting Russia is probably down to 130-150.000 now.
    I don't believe those figures, they are not things that are publicly disclosed, it's pure uninformed speculation. The last thing Russia would do is let the enemy know the exact strength of their available forces or their losses. A substantial portion of the infantry are from the DPR/LPR and Chechnya, not just Russia. The two Donbas republics, together, in 2021 numbered just over 40,000 soldiers, how many of those are engaged in combat atm. we don't know.

What we do know, is substantial number of AFU troops are surrendering, and I expect a lot more to surrender as their supplies start to run out eg. fuel and ammo. Zelensky has been begging NATO for ammo for weeks. So I don't expect the conflict to go that much longer. At least for those in the cauldron.

GarryB likes this post

Serberus
    Serberus

Post  Serberus Tue May 17, 2022 3:20 pm

Wehrmacht being  “evacuated” during failed counter attack in  Zaporozhye region
    In all seriousness looks like they got absolutely thumped. I believe this occurred a few days ago.

https://t.me/boris_rozhin/49040

GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs, Sprut-B, LMFS, Hole, Mir and Broski like this post

caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Tue May 17, 2022 3:33 pm

limb wrote:
    Serberus wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:
    limb wrote:
    So you're calling for genocide?
    Russia can't waste money for years, and it can't allow the Ukrainians to calmy bombard and terrorize the Belgorod oblast.

Also how do you know that more Ukrainians are getting killed compared to in the first few weeks of the war?

No, he's just too into his WH40K

So now its “genocide” to kill the Wehrmacht soldiers and Azov SS troops were “poor guys who were forced to fight”
    Get off your own dick mate

It's a numbers game. There are millions of Ukrainians who can be combat trained and be used in a nearly endless meat grinder, until the Russian economy starts to suffer from constant war expenditure.

Remind yourself of the Vietnam war. Every day, the US would brag about number of killed viet's, but in the end it was all for nothing because the US forces never cut weapons supplies. Vietnam lost 10% of it's population, but there was never a desire to surrender despite constant Viet losses. The same is happening in Ukraine.
    You can't compare it to Vietnam situation. In this case part of the country didn't object Russian taking their cities at all 
    ( look at Zaporozhie and Kherson, for example). Second, about 20% of population already left the country. You don't see a zeal to fight at any cost with Ukrainians, like with Vietnamese. I'm not surr where will those millions come from. You would do yourself a favor to look at demographic charts of Ukraine. It is one of the oldest countries in Europe, with one of the lowest natural birthrates for years. Vietnam could mobilize millions of people, because it was a young country on average. Not to mention , that Vietnamese had solid ideology to begin with ( I'm not talking about politics either).

GarryB and Big_Gazza like this post

Firebird

Post  Firebird Tue May 17, 2022 3:56 pm

walle83 wrote:
    billybatts91 wrote:
    Serberus wrote:

🙄🙄

Do u realise the word "wally" is spelt with a y?

VARGR198 and Belisarius like this post

Podlodka77
    Podlodka77

Post  Podlodka77 Tue May 17, 2022 4:17 pm

TASS; Military operation in Ukraine
    May 17, 16:07

The RF Armed Forces dispersed two mechanized battalions of the Armed Forces of Ukraine when they tried to counterattack

The Ministry of Defense reported that the preparation of the enemy for the attack was revealed by the crews of unmanned aerial vehicles and the means of technical intelligence of the Russian formation

MOSCOW, May 17. /TASS/. More than 20 tanks, 12 infantry fighting vehicles (IFVs) were destroyed and about 100 enemy manpower were dispersed by the RF Armed Forces on May 14 during the suppression of a counterattack by the Armed Forces of Ukraine in the Zaporozhye direction during a special operation. This was announced on Tuesday by the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation.

"In the area of ​​the village of Vishnevoe, Zaporozhye region, the Kyiv regime made an attempt to attack units of the RF Armed Forces with the forces of two Ukrainian mechanized battalions on tanks and infantry fighting vehicles.<...> tanks and 12 infantry fighting vehicles.

The department added that the irretrievable losses of enemy manpower amounted to about 100 militants. The retreating Ukrainian tanks and infantry fighting vehicles were destroyed by artillery fire, and the militants were dispersed.

"Enemy armored vehicles were hit by unmanned aerial vehicles and artillery units during their advancement and deployment at the attack line, after which the enemy attack was repulsed by counter-fire from tanks, infantry fighting vehicles, as well as the use of modern anti-tank weapons by Russian military personnel." , - specified in the Ministry of Defense.

It is noted that the preparation of the enemy for the attack was revealed by the crews of unmanned aerial vehicles and the means of technical intelligence of the Russian formation.

https://tass.ru/armiya-i-opk/14649743

GarryB, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, Sprut-B, LMFS, Hole, Broski and Belisarius like this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Tue May 17, 2022 4:46 pm

I posted this on ZH.

The current estimated statistics of the Azovstal surrender

- 2500 soldiers including

Azov804 people

404 wounded, 55 of them are serious

Over 200 corpses in a frozen state

Three Russian prisoners (1 officer, 2 soldiers)

Unknown mercenaries and NATO etc.

Around 300 were evacuated and surrendered to the Russians yesterday. It looks like many more today as there is a huge convoy of vehicles waiting to pick them up.

Filming is now being restricted by the military as strictly speaking its not allowed under the Geneva Convention. Also, at this stage they do not want some of the surrenderers identified publicly.

The Russians are still on schedule for the public trials of any rapists, torturers, thieves etc that they can identify starting in June.

GarryB, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, zardof, Sprut-B, LMFS and like this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Tue May 17, 2022 4:51 pm

Firebird wrote:

For certain and he isn't English. It is a fun use of the language.

And u is spelt 'you'.
    Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Tue May 17, 2022 5:01 pm

https://t.me/swodki/97563

Hey seig, I thought t90M was not going to be made !!!

Well they're rolling like hot cakes!

Everyone- you can disregard western trolls , there is no way they will know what Russia is making or not

I think with aircraft there will also be surprises for western partners

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #16  - Page 20 Screen75

Here's your proof troll!

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #16  - Page 20 Screen76

Big_Gazza, Sprut-B, Hole, lancelot, Scorpius, Mir, Broski and like this post

Sprut-B
    Sprut-B

Post  Sprut-B Tue May 17, 2022 5:31 pm

Regular wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:Russia also has paramilitary units as well staffed in far greater numbers than conscripts. Then add in the volunteer forced and finally the mercenaries which didn't really exist for Russia until Syria honestly.  In Georgia they had volunteer units but no official mercenary force as I'm aware.

For front line, it's still the professional military that keeps the width. Just good old BTGs, full of armor and artillery.

Yes, Rosgvardiya is amazing. Well trained and can do the rear work very well. They are lightly armored, but their duties involve policing, anti-terrorism, elimination of small hostile elements. Ukraine is just another day for them. I don't think we realise how good Russia has it now compared how their previous conflicts. Not sure what else conscripts can do to help the effort. Even for menial tasks, well, DNR and LRN troops are there and it's better than it's actually them doing the heavy lifting, why some 18 year old obloukh from far east has to fix the road when you can have basically local guy doing the same. They told that DNR/LNR reservists won't be participating in combat operations so maybe mosins will be replaced with shovels and hammers. Not to mention POWs can give a hand (if they have them that is). So far Russian rear lines are secure, especially compared to the early stages. Not sure about the front, but I think Russian command knows what they are doing.

I don't know if it's possible for Russia but I hope that in future they will abolish the conscript system. For any potential future conflict maintaining a sizable paramilitary force is more useful than forced conscripts. India for example has the largest voluntary standing army but additionally we also have big paramilitary forces in reserve. India has fought so many large & medium conflicts but conscription has never been imposed although a provision for military conscription exists in the Indian constitution. It's a general conscription has always been unpopular among India military planners.

Indian military personals receive lot of additional perks & benefits which attracts a lot potential prospects every year. The salary is decent and one has a lifelong pension (equal to 50% of one's last paid emoluments with periodic increases in DA and sizeable upward revisions when pay commissions (once in 10 years). The additional benefits are -
    1. Air/ Rail Travel Concession
    2. Free Hospital Facilities for all family members
    3. Very Low-Interest Loans
    4. Free Education for the children
    5. Subsidized groceries and consumer durables from the Military Canteen Stores Department
    6. 80 days of leave a year (for commissioned officers) and 90 days leave in a year (for other subordinate ranks)
    7. 180 days of maternity leave for female soldiers
    8. Housing Schemes, etc.

Russian govt. do provides these type of benefits to their soldiers but not to the same extent that Indian govt. provides to their soldiers.
    Patriotism alone is not going to attract a huge number of candidates every year. I understand the demographic challenge of Russia & there's no magic solution to fix it but a good step to compensate for the lack of male population would be to recruit females in large quantity. There's no shortage of military age men in India & yet Indian govt. has taken active steps to attract female population to join the military. Now in every military sector females are recruited including combat unites. Russia could have done the same & they actually need females to join in large numbers to fulfil the required quantity of troops but sadly they've turned full 180 degree on their rabid communism & now they are full-blown cuckservatives. Ukrops are also in the same page. Ukrops are enlisting male kids & 50+ older men while sending their fit & healthy women to Europe to become whores & strip club dancers. Unless she has kid there's no reason that a military aged females can't do some menial military tasks. Com on! even YPG from Middle-East has female fighters slaughtering ISIS.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women_in_the_military#/media/File:Indian_army_lady_officer.jpg

limb likes this post

Firebird

Post  Firebird Tue May 17, 2022 5:36 pm

JohninMK wrote:
    Firebird wrote:

For certain and he isn't English. It is a fun use of the language.

And u is spelt 'you'.

Its not a "fun use of the langauge".
    Its a pain up the arse load of shite from a Bandera-troll/one of their tedious puppets.

And "u" is perfectly acceptable in forum-based modern communication!

PS why are you answering for him?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 3:33 am