Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+74
Airbornewolf
ArgentinaGuard
nero
dionis
Vann7
Fred333
mnrck
Tsavo Lion
Tolstoy
Firebird
walle83
billybatts91
MMBR
Podlodka77
zorobabel
limb
mr_hd
Sprut-B
klahtinen
Werewolf
AlfaT8
Kiko
Ispan
psg
Azi
ucmvulcan
JohninMK
Walther von Oldenburg
kvs
11E
par far
PhSt
SolidarityWithRussia
Eugenio Argentina
DerWolf
Isos
GarryB
nomadski
Serberus
ALAMO
PapaDragon
Krepost
franco
OminousSpudd
Erk
ATLASCUB
Big_Gazza
mnztr
diabetus
Regular
LMFS
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
Scorpius
GunshipDemocracy
Stealthflanker
pavi
Sujoy
Urluber
andalusia
flamming_python
VARGR198
sepheronx
Hinex1988
caveat emptor
Dr.Snufflebug
lancelot
d_taddei2
Arrow
Belisarius
Mir
lyle6
Hole
SeigSoloyvov
Arkanghelsk
78 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #16

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #16  - Page 21 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #16

Post  flamming_python Tue May 17, 2022 5:40 pm

From Ukrainian Eurovision winners' Instagram
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #16  - Page 21 Ascens10

No comment

GarryB, Big_Gazza, GunshipDemocracy, Hole, lancelot, Mir, Broski and like this post

Hole
    Hole

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #16  - Page 21 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #16

Post  Hole Tue May 17, 2022 5:48 pm

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #16  - Page 21 Fs8-y210
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #16  - Page 21 Fs9j3d10
    Now they realised that they are the sub-humans.
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #16  - Page 21 Fs9ugw10

GarryB, franco, Firebird, flamming_python, d_taddei2, Hannibal Barca, Big_Gazza and like this post

SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Tue May 17, 2022 5:49 pm

Arkanghelsk wrote:https://t.me/swodki/97563

Hey seig, I thought t90M was not going to be made !!!

Well they're rolling like hot cakes!

Everyone- you can disregard western trolls , there is no way they will know what Russia is making or not

I think with aircraft there will also be surprises for western partners

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #16  - Page 21 Screen75

Here's your proof troll!

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #16  - Page 21 Screen76

This was sad.....

1. I never claimed they were or weren't, I merely inquired if they setup a new line as there was no information they did. That is all I said but of course in you attempt to claim I said something I didn't, and make yourself look stupid in the process. You are an awful spin doctor, Take a lesson from Garry they at least do it decently.

2. Your link proves nothing, all I see are tanks on a train, they could be from anywhere, there is no indication where those tanks are coming from or when they were made. Those words do not claim these are fresh T90Ms, its talking about the Avoz surrender. Also how do you know those are brand new T90Ms? They have a tarp over them could literally be any tank with an APS.

3. Before you call someone a troll, don't post such shitty information

Last edited by SeigSoloyvov on Tue May 17, 2022 5:52 pm; edited 2 times in total

lancelot dislikes this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Tue May 17, 2022 5:50 pm

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #16  - Page 21 Fs9fwh11
    For all those claiming Russia doesn´t have the money to finance this operation.

There are sources that claim it has cost 4 Bill. $

NATO has spend ten times as much.

sepheronx, GarryB, Werewolf, d_taddei2, Hannibal Barca, Big_Gazza, kvs and like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Tue May 17, 2022 5:54 pm

Podlodka77 wrote:TASS; Military operation in Ukraine
    May 17, 16:07

The RF Armed Forces dispersed two mechanized battalions of the Armed Forces of Ukraine when they tried to counterattack

The Ministry of Defense reported that the preparation of the enemy for the attack was revealed by the crews of unmanned aerial vehicles and the means of technical intelligence of the Russian formation

MOSCOW, May 17. /TASS/. More than 20 tanks, 12 infantry fighting vehicles (IFVs) were destroyed and about 100 enemy manpower were dispersed by the RF Armed Forces on May 14 during the suppression of a counterattack by the Armed Forces of Ukraine in the Zaporozhye direction during a special operation. This was announced on Tuesday by the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation.

"In the area of ​​the village of Vishnevoe, Zaporozhye region, the Kyiv regime made an attempt to attack units of the RF Armed Forces with the forces of two Ukrainian mechanized battalions on tanks and infantry fighting vehicles.<...> tanks and 12 infantry fighting vehicles.

The department added that the irretrievable losses of enemy manpower amounted to about 100 militants. The retreating Ukrainian tanks and infantry fighting vehicles were destroyed by artillery fire, and the militants were dispersed.

"Enemy armored vehicles were hit by unmanned aerial vehicles and artillery units during their advancement and deployment at the attack line, after which the enemy attack was repulsed by counter-fire from tanks, infantry fighting vehicles, as well as the use of modern anti-tank weapons by Russian military personnel." , - specified in the Ministry of Defense.

It is noted that the preparation of the enemy for the attack was revealed by the crews of unmanned aerial vehicles and the means of technical intelligence of the Russian formation.

https://tass.ru/armiya-i-opk/14649743

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #16  - Page 21 Fs9peh10
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #16  - Page 21 Scree293
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #16  - Page 21 Scree294

sepheronx, GarryB, Werewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs, zardof, Sprut-B and like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Tue May 17, 2022 5:56 pm

A comment made on the Moon of Alabama page:

A post at Defence Politics Asia YouTube channel reports the following process is being utilized"

The thing to remember about ANY/EVERY single person who leaves Azovstal previously, presently or in the future is this:
    1. The Russians are not stupid or sloppy.
    2. First they are taken under guard to a processing place. Wounded are under guard during treatment until fit for normal processing.
    3. They are scrupulously checked for real identity by their papers and every civil database the Russians have access to. Local Mariupol LDPR investigators are also there to use their local knowledge to verify all claims of civilian neutrality.
    4. They are stripped to look for any fascist sympathetic tattoos, men and women alike, it has been reported by one woman evacuee.
    5. They are FINGERPRINTED AND PHOTOGRAPHED and their future intended residential address documented as they may be called as witnesses to war crimes in future criminal trials. The LDPR and Russians are fkn serious about legal retributions for the 8 year war and about making sure that not a single nazi sympathiser ever gets back into social circulation.
    6. They are interrogated about all personal matters and all knowledge about what is going in inside Azovstal. Obviously, anyone NOT completely forthcoming is held for future interrogation.
    7. Only after all the above tests, they are sorted into:
    * free civilians to go home, their choice of Uk or LD or RF territory or to refugee camps;
    * harmless Ukrainian Regular soldiers who go to LDPR POW camps awaiting exchange for Regular Russian POWs as per Geneva Convention;
    * foreign low level mercenary fighters who go to LDPR POW camps awaiting criminal prosecution;
    * high level foreigner (eg NATO staff), who most probably go to FSB Headquarters in Moscow for future intel and political purposes;
    * Azov fighters who will all get kept as non-swapable POWs to be prosecuted by the LDPF for war crimes. The LDPR Public Prosecutors have publically clearly stated their guilty punishments may be as high as the death penalty.

So that's the strict filtering regime. So have no fear that any of the "Rats of Azovstal" will escape their rightful fates. Even after another 1000-2000 surrenders, the exact same processing will be done to each and every one. The LDPR and Russian military jails are gunna be real full, real soon.
    -30-

GarryB, franco, Firebird, flamming_python, Werewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs and like this post

Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Tue May 17, 2022 6:08 pm

flamming_python wrote:From Ukrainian Eurovision winners' Instagram

No comment

2 days ago I saw a video of those nazi praying some pagan gods.

They would lick any ass to get some more propaganda.

Their new goal is to achieve the most possible likes on twitter. What a dumb country with no future.

sepheronx, GarryB, Werewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs, GunshipDemocracy, Broski and like this post

sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Tue May 17, 2022 6:43 pm

Isos wrote:

No comment

Their new goal is to achieve the most possible likes on twitter. What a dumb country with no future.

Are you guys surprised at all by this?

Honestly, with all the nonsense coming out of this country for so long now, is anyone surprised by how low it can actually go?

GarryB, flamming_python, Big_Gazza, GunshipDemocracy, Isos, Sprut-B, Scorpius and like this post

Scorpius
    Scorpius

Post  Scorpius Tue May 17, 2022 6:49 pm

At the moment, Russia and the People's Republics have about 7,000 captured Ukrainians in their captivity.

GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs, Sprut-B, Hole, lancelot, Broski and like this post

Stealthflanker
    Stealthflanker

Post  Stealthflanker Tue May 17, 2022 6:55 pm

SeigSoloyvov wrote:

2. Your link proves nothing, all I see are tanks on a train, they could be from anywhere, there is no indication where those tanks are coming from or when they were made. Those words do not claim these are fresh T90Ms, its talking about the Avoz surrender. Also how do you know those are brand new T90Ms? They have a tarp over them could literally be any tank with an APS.

you can check Alexey Kholoptov's Blog for pictures. Also includes the press release from UVZ.

http://gurkhan.blogspot.com/2022/05/90_50.html

flamming_python, Big_Gazza, Hole, lancelot, Broski, Belisarius and Urluber like this post

SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Tue May 17, 2022 7:06 pm

Stealthflanker wrote:
    SeigSoloyvov wrote:

you can check Alexey Kholoptov's Blog for pictures.  Also includes the press release from UVZ.

Again doesn't say is these are one of the hundreds meant to be refitted or a brand spanking new vehicle from top to bottom, the claim was they are producing fresh T90's not they are refitting the older versions to M
    SolidarityWithRussia

Post  SolidarityWithRussia Tue May 17, 2022 7:11 pm

Today I was shocked to see at least one or two dozen aircraft over the sky in southwest Germany, where one of them was a low flying black military transporter and another one a Chinook helo. In my location I am usually spotting only 2-4 civilian aircraft per day, so the rest must have been military transports. There were not nearly as many aircraft at once like today. Their direction was heading mostly south, so I don't think they were heading towards the Nato drills in the North. If I may guess they will use Romania to supply Ukraine near Odessa.
    If that is true, then at least I hope Russia knows what is coming right now towards them and wish them all the best.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #16  - Page 21 ?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse3.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP

Last edited by SolidarityWithRussia on Tue May 17, 2022 7:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

GarryB, Hannibal Barca, Mir, Broski and Urluber like this post

Dr.Snufflebug

Post  Dr.Snufflebug Tue May 17, 2022 7:11 pm

Seems like a good chunk of recently donated Polish T-72s were blown up near Gulyaipole.

Does anyone know what the Kalibr targets were last night? I saw some videos of UA SAMs misfiring and also hitting civilian buildings in Lvov in failed interceptions (much like the infamous "Russian strike" on an apartment highrise in Kiev in late February, failed UA interception of a low-flying cruise missile).

But based on what I saw, it seems like these Kalibrs were directed further west this time, they just overflew Lvov.

Last edited by Dr.Snufflebug on Tue May 17, 2022 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs, PapaDragon, Sprut-B, LMFS, lancelot and Broski like this post

Stealthflanker
    Stealthflanker

Post  Stealthflanker Tue May 17, 2022 7:13 pm

SeigSoloyvov wrote:

Again doesn't say is these are one of the hundreds meant to be refitted or a brand spanking new vehicle from top to bottom, the claim was they are producing fresh T90's not they are refitting the older versions to M

Well, it's pretty fresh to me. Like the turret is definitely new as you will not find any refurbished version of Proryv turret. God knows what's inside it. and the engine is probaly new too.

The thing is that, there clearly no real lack of components as one person claim e.g Dylan Malyashov and UVZ is clearly not stop producing stuff.

GarryB, Big_Gazza, GunshipDemocracy, Hole, lancelot, Broski, Urluber and Podlodka77 like this post

caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Tue May 17, 2022 7:30 pm

SeigSoloyvov wrote:
    Stealthflanker wrote:
    SeigSoloyvov wrote:

you can check Alexey Kholoptov's Blog for pictures.  Also includes the press release from UVZ.

And that would prove what? Even if they are refitting old ones, all electronics, engine, wiring, turret, gun and other things have to be new, as they are completely different. You want to prove that Russians can't produce steel because of sanctions?

GarryB, Big_Gazza, lancelot, Scorpius, Broski, Arkanghelsk and Belisarius like this post

SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Tue May 17, 2022 7:37 pm

caveat emptor wrote:
    SeigSoloyvov wrote:
    Stealthflanker wrote:
    SeigSoloyvov wrote:

And that would prove what? Even if they are refitting old ones, all electronics, engine, wiring, turret, gun and other things have to be new, as they are completely different. You want to prove that Russians can't produce steel because of sanctions?

There is a difference in reffiting and building from ground up, also if they are producing fresh tanks that warrant questions of why? Russia never stated it planned to make brand new t90m's, the plan was to upgrade these and make T14's.

So the meaning is different.

What is the T14 Super behind schedule that they feel like they need to produce more T90M's? are losses that catastrophic on the front, they are making fresh tanks? or for some strange reason they just decided "Eh lets make new T90M" despite against they never announced that attention in years prior.

Unexpected decisions like building brand new T90M's had to be warranted by something if there are making them and russia current tanks are fine for the ukraine conflict, You don't just burn millions building new tanks that you never for.
    caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Tue May 17, 2022 7:54 pm

SeigSoloyvov wrote:
    caveat emptor wrote:
    SeigSoloyvov wrote:
    Stealthflanker wrote:
    SeigSoloyvov wrote:

There is a difference in reffiting and building from ground up, also if they are producing fresh tanks that warrant questions of why? Russia never stated it planned to make brand new t90m's, the plan was to upgrade these and make T14's.

So the meaning is different.

What is the T14 Super behind schedule that they feel like they need to produce more T90M's? are losses that catastrophic on the front, they are making fresh tanks? or for some strange reason they just decided "Eh lets make new T90M" despite against they never announced that attention in years prior.

Unexpected decisions like building brand new T90M's had to be warranted by something if there are making them and russia current tanks are fine for the ukraine conflict, You don't just burn millions building new tanks that you never for.
    I think they ordered 130 or some number like that. They delivered 65 last year. You're reading too much into this.

flamming_python, Werewolf, Big_Gazza, JohninMK, lancelot, Broski, Arkanghelsk and Belisarius like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Tue May 17, 2022 8:06 pm

sepheronx wrote:
    Isos wrote:

No comment

Are you guys surprised at all by this?

Honestly, with all the nonsense coming out of this country for so long now, is anyone surprised by how low it can actually go?

The only thing that surprised the Russian General Staff was and is that the political and military "leadership" in Kiev/Lviv is more interested in fighting
    the virtual info war then the real one.

GarryB, Werewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs, PapaDragon and Broski like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Tue May 17, 2022 8:07 pm

I think they ordered 130 or some number like that. They delivered 65 last year. You're reading too much into this.

The order is a mix of modernised and newly built ones.

Last edited by Hole on Tue May 17, 2022 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

Big_Gazza, lancelot, Broski and Podlodka77 like this post

franco
    franco

Post  franco Tue May 17, 2022 8:23 pm

SeigSoloyvov wrote:
    Stealthflanker wrote:
    SeigSoloyvov wrote:

From a couple years back it was announced that they would be doing both...refitted and new builds. It would be posted somewhere in the T-90 thread but I'm not looking Smile

GarryB, Werewolf, d_taddei2, Hole, Broski and Podlodka77 like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Tue May 17, 2022 8:26 pm

Dr.Snufflebug wrote:Seems like a good chunk of recently donated Polish T-72s were blown up near Gulyaipole.

Does anyone know what the Kalibr targets were last night? I saw some videos of UA SAMs misfiring and also hitting civilian buildings in Lvov in failed interceptions (much like the infamous "Russian strike" on an apartment highrise in Kiev in late February, failed UA interception of a low-flying cruise missile).

But based on what I saw, it seems like these Kalibrs were directed further west this time, they just overflew Lvov.

The Yaroriv range again

Russia keeps blowing it up, they keep comin' back

GarryB, Big_Gazza, PapaDragon, Broski, Arkanghelsk and Podlodka77 like this post

Ispan
    Ispan

Post  Ispan Tue May 17, 2022 8:28 pm

One thing I would like to know, for those that know about the history of the conflict back to the 2014 days.

Strelkov seems like a bitter old man at war with the whole world. I think perhaps justifiably so, as the militias were a hodgepodge of stubborn individuals bickering with each other and each making the war in its own. I can understand a regular soldier like Strelkov would end frustrated with the whole lot.

Can anyone with some knowledge explain to me the venom Strelkov feels toward other militia leaders? I understand he's bitter because he was relieved of command by the Kremlin and replaced with people more pliable.

So why Strelkov despises the following people?

- Borodai: That's a no brainer, he felt abandoned to his fate in Slavyansk and later it seems Borodai sucked up to the Kremlin, so he's a sellout, not as bad as Pushilin, though

- Zakharchenko: He was a likable guy, but it seems he started sort of a hechman to the oligarch Akhmetov then became militia leader. Basically they replaced Strelkov with Zakharchenko. Aside from jeaulosy Strelkov criticized him for his vanity with pomp and circumstance putting on dress uniforms and again, because he followed Moscow wishes. For all his faults and the fact that power got to his head, he seemed a more likable personality than Pushilin

- Igor Bezler. In this case they seem that they deserve each other. Bezler was the hero of Gorlovka but didn't cooperate well with Strelkov.

- but my chief question is about Aleksandr Khodakovsky as the only one active on the war right now, in a position of importance, reading his telegram channel he looks like a patriot and some of his interviews shows he's a cultured man. I really want to like the guy now, but he has a murky past. It seems that like Zakharchenko he started as a goon for an oligarch and always had political ambitions beyond being a batalion commander. I think Strelkov despises him because he was an intriguer.

I won't mention non-entities as Mozgovoi, charismatic but not a good soldier and even worse as a politician, Kozitsyn who was a loose cannon, and Bolotov that also seemed a good guy but got poisoned for his trouble.

There are two types of people: those that blame everybody around them for their own failures, and those that are blamed as a scapegoat by everybody around them. Strelkov must be one of these extremes or the truth might be somewhere in between.

So what did Khodakovsky do back then? He seems like a nice guy.

I always thought it was sad that all these people that were evidently courageous and patriots quarreled with each other and some got murdered.

Yes, Strelkov is not a people's person and he might be a jerk, but he was there, tried his best, and he incurred in the Kremlin's displeasure wich is quite a good endorsement and time has proven him right.

So I wonder why he has such a low opinion of Khodakovsky. I don't know anything about him, except vague rumors and contradictory interviews.

mnztr

Post  mnztr Tue May 17, 2022 8:30 pm

diabetus wrote:
    mnztr wrote:
    diabetus wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:
    mnztr wrote:...
    I don't see how any weapon that can fire a 155mm projectile can be worthless...

Alright, I just googled this fabled M777 and it turns out it's just a fuckin' howitzer, are you fuckin' kidding me with this shit?

People have been whining about it like it's a fuckin' railgun or something

Yeah, a howitzer will change course of this war, Jesus Christ what a bunch of retards...

Yeah it's not really more capable than the MSTA save for reduced weight.

It has more range then at MSTA, but its not self propelled so its vulnerable to counter battery fire. Its not magic, but a howitzer is a powerful weapon when used well.

It doesn't really have more range. I was referring to the towed Msta howitzer, not the SP version.

Wiki still lists a longer range for excalibur rounds. I have wondered why they don't use discarding sabot rounds for longer range, for example, a 122mm round in a sabot. Should be able to get 8-10 km more range.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Tue May 17, 2022 8:31 pm

Hole wrote:
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #16  - Page 21 Fs7icm10
    Reinforcements are coming

This is some megabad Photoshop right here

But for a split-second there I was highly confused

GarryB, Big_Gazza, PapaDragon and Broski like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Tue May 17, 2022 8:42 pm

Ispan wrote:One thing I would like to know, for those that know about the history of the conflict back to the 2014 days.

Strelkov seems like a bitter old man at war with the whole world. I think perhaps justifiably so, as the militias were a hodgepodge of stubborn individuals bickering with each other and each making the war in its own. I can understand a regular soldier like Strelkov would end frustrated with the whole lot.

Can anyone with some knowledge explain to me the venom Strelkov feels toward other militia leaders? I understand he's bitter because he was relieved of command by the Kremlin and replaced with people more pliable.

So why Strelkov despises the following people?

- Borodai: That's a no brainer, he felt abandoned to his fate in Slavyansk and later it seems Borodai sucked up to the Kremlin, so he's a sellout, not as bad as Pushilin, though

- Zakharchenko: He was a likable guy, but it seems he started sort of a hechman to the oligarch Akhmetov then became militia leader. Basically they replaced Strelkov with Zakharchenko. Aside from jeaulosy Strelkov criticized him for his vanity with pomp and circumstance putting on dress uniforms and again, because he followed Moscow wishes. For all his faults and the fact that power got to his head, he seemed a more likable personality than Pushilin

- Igor Bezler. In this case they seem that they deserve each other. Bezler was the hero of Gorlovka but didn't cooperate well with Strelkov.

- but my chief question is about Aleksandr Khodakovsky as the only one active on the war right now, in a position of importance, reading his telegram channel he looks like a patriot and some of his interviews shows he's a cultured man. I really want to like the guy now, but he has a murky past. It seems that like Zakharchenko he started as a goon for an oligarch and always had political ambitions beyond being a batalion commander. I think Strelkov despises him because he was an intriguer.

I won't mention non-entities as Mozgovoi, charismatic but not a good soldier and even worse as a politician, Kozitsyn who was a loose cannon, and Bolotov that also seemed a good guy but got poisoned for his trouble.

There are two types of people: those that blame everybody around them for their own failures, and those that are blamed as a scapegoat by everybody around them. Strelkov must be one of these extremes or the truth might be somewhere in between.

So what did Khodakovsky do back then? He seems like a nice guy.

I always thought it was sad that all these people that were evidently courageous and patriots quarreled with each other and some got murdered.

Yes, Strelkov is not a people's person and he might be a jerk, but he was there, tried his best, and he incurred in the Kremlin's displeasure wich is quite a good endorsement and time has proven him right.

So I wonder why he has such a low opinion of Khodakovsky. I don't know anything about him, except vague rumors and contradictory interviews.

Khodakovsky?

He was a murky character even around the start of the rebellion, along with Bezler. Among all the commanders of the rebellion there were always the most questions towards both of them among people who followed the conflict.
    Strelkov's motivations and character can be understood. Mozgovoi's - no brainer. Zakharchenko? He was just Moscow's man
    But Khodakovsky and Bezler are harder to figure out and they offered up few details about themselves or their histories.

My impression based on his scarce but largely uncritical mentions of them is that Strelkov has grudging respect towards both. They were after all right there at the start along with him, and are still active. As commanders they were both pretty competent. But they're not his friends for sure.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:29 am