Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+71
mr_hd
caveat emptor
Gazputin
limb
TMA1
Krepost
billybatts91
diabetus
marcellogo
lancelot
andalusia
crod
PhSt
teh_beard
Sujoy
nero
nomadski
mavaff
magnumcromagnon
LMFS
ATLASCUB
littlerabbit
GunshipDemocracy
flamming_python
Airbornewolf
Hinex1988
0nillie0
RTN
lyle6
zorobabel
ludovicense
SolidarityWithRussia
mnrck
franco
Werewolf
Tolstoy
Firebird
Big_Gazza
GarryB
Scorpius
Dr.Snufflebug
Eugenio Argentina
kvs
Kiko
VARGR198
Belisarius
JohninMK
sepheronx
Podlodka77
ucmvulcan
mnztr
Erk
Isos
Odin of Ossetia
Azi
ArgentinaGuard
ALAMO
Hole
Stealthflanker
Ispan
Mir
chinggis
par far
owais.usmani
PapaDragon
Arkanghelsk
Broski
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
Regular
Serberus
d_taddei2
75 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #11

limb

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #11 - Page 38 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #11

Post  limb Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:14 pm

Could it be possible that there is a hack in the Russian news? Why would the US government say it's moving under its own power?
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #11 - Page 38 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #11

Post  flamming_python Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:15 pm

I'm afraid this will overshadow the entire Mariupol and Donbass operation but whatever. Now there's a wave of air-raid sirens and presumably missiles across the Ukraine - as if it will change anything. Will just add the bodycount of a fumbled war and make Russia look like a sore loser and hand Kiev the propaganda win further. They could have waited a few days.

I don't know what next. Continue with the operation in the Donbass I guess.

Last edited by flamming_python on Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Podlodka77
    Podlodka77

Post  Podlodka77 Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:15 pm

Scorpius wrote:
    Podlodka77 wrote:It's time for tactical nuclear strikes.

Do you have no relatives in Ukraine? I have. And many have. are you suggesting a nuclear strike on our relatives?

Western Ukraine
    zorobabel
    zorobabel

Post  zorobabel Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:16 pm

Silly. The failures of the initial military operation can't be resolved by flattening towns and villages.

flamming_python and Arkanghelsk like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:17 pm

limb wrote:Could it be possible that there is a hack in the Russian news? Why would the US government say it's moving under its own power?

Who cares why they would say whatever? They are under no obligation to tell the truth and haven't so far.
    crod
    crod

Post  crod Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:17 pm

Lol, what? Fire off a nuke weapon because they sunk a ship? Christ on a bike. Pretty sure they can retaliate in a more measured way and even beyond the current theatre.

Mir likes this post

Urluber

Post  Urluber Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:18 pm

Oh boy.
    No need to dramatize the situation but we can admit facts also.

I don't think anyone has sank Russian warship since the WW2. Now Kiev has. That's big for them even if it's not big for Russia. Because Russia is great power and Moskva a massive guided missile cruiser from superpower USSR.

In memoriam

Hannibal Barca, GunshipDemocracy and Podlodka77 like this post

Podlodka77
    Podlodka77

Post  Podlodka77 Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:18 pm

zorobabel wrote:

Silly. The failures of the initial military operation can't be resolved by flattening towns and villages.

I'm angry, don't pay attention.

zorobabel likes this post

teh_beard
    teh_beard

Post  teh_beard Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:20 pm

flamming_python wrote:I'm afraid this will overshadow the entire Mariupol and Donbass operation but whatever. Now there's a wave of air-raid sirens and presumably missiles across the Ukraine - as if it will change anything. Will just add the bodycount of a fumbled war and make Russia look like a sore loser. They could have waited a few days.

Waited for what?
    You not really thinking this to be some retaliation or anything out ordinary for a night in Ukraine, are you?
    Because whole their country get air sirens and missile strikes, every single night, close to two months straight now.

Last edited by teh_beard on Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

d_taddei2 and PapaDragon like this post

caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:20 pm

teh_beard wrote:
    caveat emptor wrote:Do you see anyone as a potential adequate candidate? I don't follow Russian political scene that much. I just have a feeling that likes of Shoigu, Naryshkin or Sechin wouldn't be a good choice.
    None of the mentioned have any chance at it.

Everyone always missing the obvious Medvedev. All memes aside, the man who makes other presidents eat neckwear.
    Ramzan is really popular right now too, lol.
    Medvedev is more of the same and Ramzan is definitely not the material.
    Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:22 pm

Well this and the attack on the civilian building in Russia by helicopters... Zelensky is a dead guy IMO. Tonight plenty of strikes in Kiev should be expected.

Even more dabgerous is if we find out it was NATO that did this. Then you can for sure expect tactical nuks on Germany, Poland and Romania where US have troops.

Last edited by Isos on Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Arkanghelsk and Urluber like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:24 pm

What if the Americans are playing it down because they ordered it?

GarryB and Hannibal Barca like this post

Urluber

Post  Urluber Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:25 pm

flamming_python wrote:I'm afraid this will overshadow the entire Mariupol and Donbass operation but whatever. Now there's a wave of air-raid sirens and presumably missiles across the Ukraine - as if it will change anything. Will just add the bodycount of a fumbled war and make Russia look like a sore loser and hand Kiev the propaganda win further. They could have waited a few days.

Kiev government buildings should be leveled.
    They are symbols of regime so even if someone says those targets have no real value in war (which is correct in certain way) they are the seats of rogue power (even if they are not there at the moment). Definitely worth 5 Iskanders.

GarryB likes this post

nero

Post  nero Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:29 pm

Where's the report from Russian MoD? Their website doesn't mention it anywhere, while the US government has recently reported that the ship came back to port (or was on the way there) on its own power (not towed) and did not sink. Confusing situation.

Last edited by nero on Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

GarryB and JohninMK like this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:30 pm

Who's emotional now?

Lol this is so funny, took a while for observers to get with the program

Yes I'm glad everyone is acknowledging what a disaster this has been

Now calling for strikes, too little too late it seems

It has overshadowed everything,  losing a fucking Slava

This is worse than USS Cole bombing

At least Americans have 60 burkes

1 of 3 Slava

**** this leadership and imbeciles who did all this

All Russians are united in anger at the Kremlin, an answer must be given as to WTF Clowns are doing

flamming_python and PapaDragon like this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:34 pm

₦₳V????????é???????? 🇷🇺 Z ~ a special military operation
    @Navsteva
    ·
    6h
    The sunken flagship Moskva has risen from the Black Sea floor to engage the enemy ;-)

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #11 - Page 38 FQT6fDJUcAgAaes?format=jpg&name=medium

GarryB, GunshipDemocracy and Mir like this post

zorobabel
    zorobabel

Post  zorobabel Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:37 pm

Podlodka77 wrote:
    zorobabel wrote:

Completely understandable. Problem is the Ukrops are totally embedded in urban areas.
    nero

Post  nero Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:37 pm

Arkanghelsk wrote:Who's emotional now?

Have some self-reflection. You have been emotional since the start of the conflict, going from 'we're winning!' to 'we're losing!' more frequently than some change underpants. This is going to have an effect on your health and you should stop following the conflict live; unlikely as it is that you will heed my advice.

I've mentioned this before, though allow me to repeat myself - the war isn't going to change no matter how much or how little you post in this forum. Increase the time in between updating yourself on the news and you'll likely get a lot less 'inaccurate' information as it normalizes over time and more factual evidence comes out to make an informed opinion. The phenomena observed here on the forum aren't unique to this conflict - it's happened before in Georgia (2008), Ukraine (2014-2015), Syria (2011-2020), and Ukraine (2022 - now). People get hyped up over some insignificant event and start to make their own conclusions, only to become disappointed in the end or completely disillusioned, resulting in loss of confidence and depression. Unfortunately, people seldom reflect upon how they've behaved and step on the same proverbial rake time and time again.

Last edited by nero on Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:45 pm; edited 3 times in total

GarryB, Werewolf, ALAMO and Eugenio Argentina like this post

Erk
    Erk

Post  Erk Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:38 pm

limb wrote:
    zorobabel wrote:
    limb wrote:This a huge embarrassment. How does a localized ammo detonation cause a ship to sink? Also the black sea has quite small waves, never exceeding 4m . Its storms are minor compared to oceanic storms.
    More likely to be a mine or missile strike than an ammo detonation. Yes, there was a fire, but the cause of the fire was never indicated.

A missile strike is more embarrassing since the Neptune is subsonic.

If it was a missile strike then the damage to Russian MoD credibility will be more embarrassing if they lie then simply admit it was a misslie.
    At the very least the MoD should publish decent quality photos of the damage and the sinking to prove their claims.

PapaDragon, zorobabel and Mir like this post

Eugenio Argentina dislikes this post

crod
    crod

Post  crod Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:38 pm

Of little consequence now but it gives full credence to the Uki story that it was struck and sunk over being towed and sunk suggesting it was the Russians engaging in face saving propaganda instead of the Ukrainian so called propaganda claims.
    The Russians for the sake of their own people should provide footage of it being towed to counter.

Erk likes this post

caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:45 pm

Arkanghelsk wrote:Who's emotional now?

Lol this is so funny, took a while for observers to get with the program

Yes I'm glad everyone is acknowledging what a disaster this has been

Now calling for strikes, too little too late it seems

It has overshadowed everything,  losing a fucking Slava

This is worse than USS Cole bombing

At least Americans have 60 burkes

1 of 3 Slava

**** this leadership and imbeciles who did all this

All Russians are united in anger at the Kremlin, an answer must be given as to WTF Clowns are doing

What happened to you? It is like a different person is typing compared to few weeks ago.
    As for 2014 Ukraine, mistake was, actually, done at the end of 2013 when FSB or politivians didn't recognize where Maidan protests were leading. It could have been all done in a week by infiltrating Maidanists and killing far right leaders. Lukashenko learned from Yanukovich mistakes.
    Stealthflanker
    Stealthflanker

Post  Stealthflanker Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:47 pm

I guess landing operation in Odessa will be out of option now.

Well they can still try tho. However with loss of Slava, the Ukraine may feel it safe now to deploy forces previously prepared for Defense of Odessa elsewhere.
    Eugenio Argentina
    Eugenio Argentina

Post  Eugenio Argentina Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:48 pm

I see no point in those who believe the Ukrainian sources.
    On the networks, they are pure pro-Western, anti-Russian accounts of so-called "experts" who do nothing more than copy and paste what they like.
    That is, when you refute something, they cannot substantiate it.
    And all this, with an army of followers with fake accounts that repeat the same false information.
    In the end, a chain of thousands of messages is made, whose origin is a mere rumour.
    That all that garbage is brought to this forum, only manages to make it decline.
    You have to focus on confirmed information.
    And remember: this is a real war, not a video game for teenagers.
    There are casualties and accidents. And there will still be.
    The concrete thing is that the Russians have surrounded and fixed the Ukrainian military forces.
    These do not go beyond making some attacks on the population or civil infrastructure.
    And if it is against the Russian troops and the militias, some skirmishes that, in general, are not very effective and do not go beyond the tactical.
    And to top it off, they then have to avoid being destroyed on the counterattack.

russia

GarryB and Hole like this post

Podlodka77
    Podlodka77

Post  Podlodka77 Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:49 pm

zorobabel wrote:
    Podlodka77 wrote:
    zorobabel wrote:

Completely understandable. Problem is the Ukrops are totally embedded in urban areas.

There is no more "We want Ukraine to recognize Crimea as part of Russia and a special status for DPR and LPR", now Russia needs to go much further than that.

GarryB, psg, Hannibal Barca, Big_Gazza and Urluber like this post

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:49 pm

Why is this supposed to be some sort of major embarrassment? Even if it was an accident and not a mine, missile or sabotage it would
    still be a non-trivial risk. Are all the jet crashes also major "embarrassments". People should stop living in pulp fiction reality.

The most important thing is that most of the sailors were saved. If their rescue was f*cked up, then that would be unforgivable.

GarryB, psg, Big_Gazza, VARGR198, Eugenio Argentina, Hole and Mir like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 4:02 am