Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+75
sentinel112
billybatts91
medo
AlfaT8
nero
Hannibal Barca
Krepost
Giulio
diabetus
Broski
0nillie0
RTN
teh_beard
ATLASCUB
Karl Haushofer
Kiko
lyle6
Yugo90
Boshoed
Singular_Transform
pavi
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
Mir
lancelot
Azi
GarryB
Big_Gazza
Isos
TMA1
Dr.Snufflebug
crod
Erk
Stealthflanker
Urluber
magnumcromagnon
adder
auslander
Sujoy
Odin of Ossetia
miketheterrible
Fred333
ArgentinaGuard
Rodion_Romanovic
Ispan
kvs
Arrow
mnztr
par far
Scorpius
franco
ALAMO
GunshipDemocracy
mavaff
ludovicense
Serberus
mnrck
walle83
Arkanghelsk
VARGR198
ucmvulcan
Hole
SeigSoloyvov
Autodestruct
Werewolf
LMFS
Walther von Oldenburg
JohninMK
Regular
Airbornewolf
d_taddei2
owais.usmani
Eugenio Argentina
Podlodka77
flamming_python
Firebird
79 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #8

Dr.Snufflebug

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #8 - Page 37 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #8

Post  Dr.Snufflebug Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:19 pm

Indications that another huge cruise missile volley is coming in. Not confirmed yet, but UA has gone into high alert and air raid sirens are on in multiple large cities.

The attack earlier today on Starokostantinov apparently destroyed the largest remaining strategic fuel depot UA had.

Last edited by Dr.Snufflebug on Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

GarryB, d_taddei2, magnumcromagnon, zepia, JohninMK, LMFS, Hole and like this post

Regular
    Regular

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #8 - Page 37 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #8

Post  Regular Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:21 pm

flamming_python wrote:

Humanitarian corridors were for everyone, just as they were in Aleppo

The checks for Nazi tattoos were only started later when the humanitarian corridors were turned down and the battle began

The whole point of such corridors is to allow enemy troops to leave.

Not all Azov nazis have tattoos as well. The point of checking wasn't just tats, but they were checking fingers and shoulders for the signs of firing. I mean, it's not even firing that bruises you, I got bruises from vest and sling and firing does create chaffing on the hands as well, even with gloves.

Werewolf, GunshipDemocracy, Yugo90, Mir and Broski like this post

Arrow

Post  Arrow Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:33 pm

Ukraine fired on Russian territory.
    https://t.me/boris_rozhin/37736
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:36 pm

Arrow wrote:
    Ukraine fired on Russian territory.  
    https://t.me/boris_rozhin/37736

Could be sabotage

Although if it was a Tochka then it wouldn't be the first time

Already an airbase was hit at the beginning of the war, and then some Russian army unit where a priest died

Yugo90 likes this post

par far

Post  par far Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:39 pm

"“During the conversation between Macron and Putin, it was stated that a humanitarian operation in Mariupol is now impossible” (c) Macron administration

As I wrote the other day, the likelihood of a humanitarian operation by France and Turkey in Mariupol is about the same as if I bought myself a suit with an ebb and went on vacation to Sochi.
    Of course, I didn’t go to Sochi (and to Yalta too), I didn’t buy a suit with a tide, and for some reason it didn’t work out with France’s humanitarian operation in Mariupol either.😀"

https://t.me/boris_rozhin/37708

GarryB, flamming_python, kvs, LMFS, Yugo90, Broski and Urluber like this post

par far

Post  par far Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:43 pm

"[Forwarded from Militarist]
    CIA analyst Larry Johnson suggested that the Russian encirclement of Kyiv over the past three weeks was intended to tie up significant Ukrainian resources so that Russia could conduct large-scale operations in the east and south. Problem solved.

In his opinion, the remaining groups of the Armed Forces of Ukraine in the Donbass and Kharkiv will become the next object of Russian efforts. Eliminating them is the next task."

https://t.me/boris_rozhin/37722

GarryB, Big_Gazza, LMFS, Yugo90, Mir, Broski and Autodestruct like this post

par far

Post  par far Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:47 pm

"‼ Several statements from the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation:

- Kyiv orders the national battalions to shoot staged videos about the killings of civilians and looting allegedly committed by the Russian military;

- Over 3,000 people were evacuated from Mariupol in a day;

- Neo-Nazis are holding more than 4.5 million citizens and 6.5 thousand foreigners;

- More than 19 thousand people were evacuated to the Russian Federation from dangerous regions of Ukraine, the DPR and the LPR per day;

- Over 22.5 thousand tons of humanitarian aid for Ukraine has been prepared in Russia;

- The Russian Federation keeps open a corridor for the exit of 60 foreign ships from Ukrainian ports."

https://t.me/smotri_media/10895

GarryB, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, miketheterrible, LMFS, Hole and like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:48 pm

par far wrote:"“During the conversation between Macron and Putin, it was stated that a humanitarian operation in Mariupol is now impossible” (c) Macron administration

As I wrote the other day, the likelihood of a humanitarian operation by France and Turkey in Mariupol is about the same as if I bought myself a suit with an ebb and went on vacation to Sochi.
    Of course, I didn’t go to Sochi (and to Yalta too), I didn’t buy a suit with a tide, and for some reason it didn’t work out with France’s humanitarian operation in Mariupol either.😀"

The only reasonable course of action IMO

Otherwise A they'll just re-use these Nazis in another place after a rest and reinforcement with new recruits
    And B other garrisons in other cities will not give up either as they can always be rescued by Macron and Erdogan
    par far

Post  par far Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:53 pm

flamming_python wrote:
    par far wrote:"“During the conversation between Macron and Putin, it was stated that a humanitarian operation in Mariupol is now impossible” (c) Macron administration

The only reasonable course of action IMO

Otherwise A they'll just re-use these Nazis in another place after a rest and reinforcement with new recruits
    And B other garrisons in other cities will not give up either as they can always be rescued by Macron and Erdogan

As I have mentioned before Azov Nazis, war criminals and mercenaries from the west will not be allowed to escape. The Russian forces will do their best to take them out and the Russian forces have been doing a good job so far.

d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, miketheterrible, Hole, Broski, Urluber and Podlodka77 like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:58 pm

Screw it

Last edited by flamming_python on Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:57 am; edited 3 times in total

Arrow, teh_beard and sundoesntrise like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:07 pm

General Shamanov (of 2nd Chechen war fame) announced today that two of the Nazis responsible for the massacre of Russian POWs today had been captured by Russian spetsnaz and named them

Later this evening, one of them published a vid on telegram showing him free and mobile, and mocking Shamanov. He's in Kharkov.

You call me a defeatist - but answer me, how are we supposed to win this war, with this level of competency?

Regular, teh_beard and sundoesntrise like this post

Dr.Snufflebug

Post  Dr.Snufflebug Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:17 pm

flamming_python wrote:General Shamanov (of 2nd Chechen war fame) announced today that two of the Nazis responsible for the massacre of Russian POWs today had been captured by Russian spetsnaz and named them

Later this evening, one of them published a vid on telegram showing him free and mobile, and mocking Shamanov. He's in Kharkov.

You call me a defeatist - but answer me, how are we supposed to win this war, with this level of competency?

Older guy misunderstanding the info tsunami.

Two of those guys were indeed named, but the news spun around on social media and mutated, and a military man, veteran from the early 2000s didn't practice modern 2020's social media fact checking basics.

Happens all too often. It's not a big deal. Heck, loads of western reporting has been mired by the same reliance on random social media spins.

If I understand it correctly though, the war criminal in question felt compelled to brag and double down on it, thus dispelling any possible remaining uncertainties?

So it's a larger fail for them..

GarryB, magnumcromagnon, Hole, Yugo90 and bitch_killer like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:40 pm

flamming_python wrote:
    Hole wrote:Russian special military operation in Ukraine #8 - Page 37 Fpah6q10
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #8 - Page 37 Fpahf110
    Nikolaev admin building had a surprise visitor

It was evacuated first apparently.

3 Ukrainian military died, and some 8 civilians are missing, but they're being searched for. That's according to the Nikolayev governor at any rate

Update on the Nikolayev administration

Apparently it was at 5 in the morning or so that it was targeted, and there's a whole bunch of killed - all men and mostly older. So officers and so on likely

Another place they were using as a hideout basically

Big_Gazza, Eugenio Argentina, Yugo90 and Autodestruct like this post

Airbornewolf
    Airbornewolf

Post  Airbornewolf Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:43 pm

special delivery

d_taddei2, magnumcromagnon, Hannibal Barca, Big_Gazza, kvs, zepia, VARGR198 and like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:50 pm

https://www.moonofalabama.org/2022/03/ukraine-sit-rep-part-ii-of-russias-military-operation-unfolds.html

Quite good report.

franco, magnumcromagnon, Airbornewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs, LMFS, lancelot and like this post

Ispan
    Ispan

Post  Ispan Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:56 pm

Double report, covers yesterday, today, the "negotiations" and little things on the field that hopefully proves that the peace talks are empty talk to cover for a renewed offensive

https://guerraenucrania.wordpress.com/2022/03/29/parte-de-guerra-29-03-2022/

GarryB, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, kvs, zepia, LMFS, Yugo90 and Urluber like this post

Dr.Snufflebug

Post  Dr.Snufflebug Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:00 pm

As the area around the Mariupol theater was taken a while ago, DNR guys and rescuers have found only a few dead in the rubble. And their remains are nearly indistinguishable from the rest of the rubble.

I'm increasingly convinced the Azovites marched some locals in there at gunpoint and blew them up "from within" so to speak. Doesn't mean I wholeheartedly buy that explanation, but it looks like it and together with the lack of evidence of any external strike, or even incentives for one, the probability scale just tips in that direction.

But the carefully crafted media hoolabaloo did its job.

Last edited by Dr.Snufflebug on Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

GarryB and magnumcromagnon like this post

Airbornewolf
    Airbornewolf

Post  Airbornewolf Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:00 pm

DPR troops using drones to keep real-time track of Ukrainian hostiles.

Regular, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, kvs, VARGR198, Hole, Yugo90 and like this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:06 pm

You can't take 5 cities with 50 000 men, carpet bombing wasnt done, now in hindsight is a good thing but if Russia was to leave Ukraine then it wouldn't have mattered

So the operation isn't complete, but yes there was a military/ political miscalculation

Which is shared equally 50/50

And it was more of a misplaced assumption

That assumption was that the VSU in Donetsk would displace
    Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:09 pm

Dr.Snufflebug wrote:As the area around the Mariupol theater was taken a while ago, DNR guys and rescuers have found only a few dead in the rubble. And their remains are nearly indistinguishable from the rest of the rubble.

I'm increasingly convinced the Azovites marched some locals in there at gunpoint and blew them up "from within" so to speak. Doesn't mean I wholeheartedly buy that explanation, but it looks like it and together with the lack of evidence of any external strike, or even incentives for one, the probability scale just tips in that direction.

But the carefully crafted media hoolabaloo did its job.

There were aerial or sat pics that showed a lot of cars around the theater and a day before the explosion the cars were removed. Wink

magnumcromagnon, kvs, LMFS, Yugo90 and Mir like this post

Dr.Snufflebug

Post  Dr.Snufflebug Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:26 pm

It is really difficult to find information about Russian strikes inside Ukraine and the results now, due to the fact that Ukrainians face prosecution (and 15 years in jail according to Zelenskys latest laws, though often simply fast-forwarded to summary execution) if they share anything at all of what they've seen.

Last edited by Dr.Snufflebug on Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

GarryB, magnumcromagnon and Urluber like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:30 pm

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #8 - Page 37 Fpb7cr10
    More Ossetians!

The explosion at an ammo depot in Belgorod was due to human error, according to the Governour. No injuries. Of course the Orcs claim responsibility. Just like ISIS did every time something happend anywhere in the world.

Heard reports that Pentagon is cutting down the procurement of Javelins. According to Orcs it´s to heavy, clumsy and needs to much time to set up. Very Happy Could have told them that.

GarryB, d_taddei2, magnumcromagnon, Airbornewolf, Big_Gazza, zepia, LMFS and like this post

Dr.Snufflebug

Post  Dr.Snufflebug Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:40 pm

Hole wrote:Russian special military operation in Ukraine #8 - Page 37 Fpb7cr10
    Heard reports that Pentagon is cutting down the procurement of Javelins. According to Orcs it´s to heavy, clumsy and needs to much time to set up. Very Happy  Could have told them that.

I've yet to see UA use Javelin effectively, perhaps I missed something.

All I've seen of those is hundreds ending up in LDNR hands, together with the CLUs. Much the same with Rb 56/NLAW, AT4, Panzerfaust 3, etc. Even Finnish LAWs now.

All they've managed to do with these are few successful attacks, many more failed ditto, and then leaving entire stores of them as they retreat, providing Russia with western AT weapons in such numbers that the Russians at this stage aren't even interested and just hand them over to the LDNR.

GarryB, kvs, VARGR198, LMFS, Hole, Autodestruct and bitch_killer like this post

LMFS
    LMFS

Post  LMFS Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:23 pm

miketheterrible wrote:Stealthflanker is another flaming retard.

He knows very well what is happening but asks stupid questions to create a venue of loss in Ukraine.

There wasn't a Kiev offensive. It's always been and still is digging in and surrounding it.

Christ sakes we have too many morons here.

He is more of an outside observer and is more interested normally about the military side of thinks, probably he has not been following things like we do. But he is not a troll from what I can say

GarryB, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, kvs and miketheterrible like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:30 pm

Arkanghelsk wrote:You can't take 5 cities with 50 000 men, carpet bombing wasnt done, now in hindsight is a good thing but if Russia was to leave Ukraine then it wouldn't have mattered

So the operation isn't complete, but yes there was a military/ political miscalculation

Which is shared equally 50/50

And it was more of a misplaced assumption

That assumption was that the VSU in Donetsk would displace

It's a war to the last Ukrainian. Everywhere. Soon we will have Ukrainian kamikazes. Ukrainian suicide bombers. Ukrainian troops garrisoning cities fighting like its Stalingrad. Everything.
    And all for the sake of nationalism nothing else. Russia is not exterminating their people, the EU haven't given them a good life but robbed them. Tools.

And believe me the West and the regime will do everything to make it exactly so. They're really gone all out Soviet Great Patriotic War mixed with Nazi commissars and blocking detachments behind the troops mixed with Goebbels propaganda mixed with Hollywood superheroes mixed with 1st Chechen war demoralization of Russian troops from our friends in the West.
    And all backed by the EU, with Germany ready to sacrifice its whole chemical industry and Macron ready to go without gas, to damage Russian revenues

Question is what will our leadership do now that one bit of wishful thinking and hubris after another proves incorrect.

Last edited by flamming_python on Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

GunshipDemocracy likes this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 3:41 am