Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+78
mr_hd
ludovicense
walle83
Boshoed
OminousSpudd
gc3762
Lurk83
zepia
Fred333
littlerabbit
0nillie0
owais.usmani
BliTTzZ
Rodion_Romanovic
andalusia
Arctic_Fox
AlfaT8
max steel
Isos
SeigSoloyvov
kvs
flamming_python
Airbornewolf
miketheterrible
Arrow
Rasisuki Nebia
diabetus
Werewolf
mavaff
ucmvulcan
Arkanghelsk
d_taddei2
Hole
LMFS
Sujoy
GarryB
lancelot
Regular
nomadski
RTN
Erk
limb
nero
ArgentinaGuard
Big_Gazza
Backman
teh_beard
magnumcromagnon
mack8
mnztr
Firebird
ATLASCUB
Walther von Oldenburg
auslander
Ispan
billybatts91
Podlodka77
Ned86
mnrck
Serberus
Yugo90
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
JohninMK
franco
Scorpius
Stealthflanker
Urluber
VARGR198
Mir
Hannibal Barca
Dr.Snufflebug
ALAMO
Odin of Ossetia
GunshipDemocracy
Broski
psg
par far
lyle6
82 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #7

d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #7 - Page 6 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #7

Post  d_taddei2 Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:35 am

@garryb in reference to the S-5 warhead being too small. You are comparing the Frag version but there are many more useful rocket variants and as previously stated the number that could be carried on a drone Vs what could be carried using S-8,S-13. When fighting troops or light skinned troops in the open you would most likely find its better to multiple rockets than just a hand of more powerful so u can spread out the damage. For armour yes S-8 and S-13 will be better but forsoft skin vehicles such as trucks and 4x4 S-8 might be over kill. S-8 typically penetration is 400-800mm depending on rocket and target type. Be over kill on trucks while S-5 typically have penetration of 130mm basic version or the upgraded version of 250mm. Also if you using fletchette rockets u would would be able to carry more. And if Russia ever designed small drones that could be used my troops on the ground that carried a small payload let's say a 1-2 S-5 that they could use in urban areas firing through windows etc. It's were I see the smaller S-5 being useful. S-8 is 50% longer in size and 2-3 times heavier (depending on variant) than a S-5 and were weight is a concern on drones payload the S-5 could still be useful. The good thing is Russia doesn't to design a new rocket it already has various types as I said. From the small S-5 upto the S-13 or bigger S-24 S-25 etc.

And we have seen drones armed with just a single 40mm ags round which only had 48g of explosive charge. So using a S-5 with more isn't such a bad idea it seems.
    Ned86

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #7 - Page 6 Empty fixed wing aircraft and helicopter losses

Post  Ned86 Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:48 am

Hi all,
    What do you think, will it be possible to create separate thread in Russian air force where we can track all confirmed Russian aircraft losses during operation in Ukraine 2022?
    Western Mainstream Media are actively pushing stories about massive losses on russian side and they are citing different sources (usually from Ukraine) as well as this blog

https://www.oryxspioenkop.com/2022/03/list-of-aircraft-losses-during-2022.html

I think this blog is pure bullshit because regarding helicopter losses it says that Ukraine Air Force lost only one Mi-24, while Russia lost 34 different helicopters which is complete nonsense.

BliTTzZ and Yugo90 like this post

Podlodka77
    Podlodka77

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #7 - Page 6 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #7

Post  Podlodka77 Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:58 am

Ned86 wrote:Hi all,
    What do you think, will it be possible to create separate thread in Russian air force where we can track all confirmed Russian aircraft losses during operation in Ukraine 2022?
    Western Mainstream Media are actively pushing stories about massive losses on russian side and they are citing different sources (usually from Ukraine) as well as this blog

I think this blog is pure bullshit because regarding helicopter losses it says that Ukraine Air Force lost only one Mi-24, while Russia lost 34 different helicopters which is complete nonsense.

That blog is pure BS, so why did you share it here ?

GarryB, flamming_python, Werewolf, magnumcromagnon, JohninMK, BliTTzZ, Sprut-B and like this post

Ned86

Post  Ned86 Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:02 am

Podlodka77 wrote:

Because I wanted your opinion as well as other peoples opinion on it?
    Also, it is a source of info which is being actively used by some media outlets.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:09 am

Ned86 wrote:
    Podlodka77 wrote:

Also, it is a source of info which is being actively used by some media outlets.

Well I mean you answered your own question

It's pure bullshit

Russian helicopter loses - some Mi-8s on the first day, that Ka-52 which was downed, then over the next few days it seems a few Mi-24s. Maybe another Ka-52 was downed as well, don't remember

I don't think much if anything was lost after week one, didn't see any evidence at any rate

GarryB, Werewolf, Big_Gazza, JohninMK, Ned86, Sprut-B, Arkanghelsk and like this post

Podlodka77
    Podlodka77

Post  Podlodka77 Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:11 am

Ned86 wrote:
    Podlodka77 wrote:

That disgusting pro-Western blog lists only 3 destroyed Ukrainian MiG-29s ... What about these at least 6?

As for the Su-34, two were shot down, while parts of the plane in the other two images are no valid evidence - there is no front part of the plane, landing gear, wings, engine ... One Su-30SM was shot down, the other in Rostov was on fire, but it did not burn. And I will not even comment on those 16 "destroyed" helicopters.
    Increasingly, I think that the Su-35 produced for Egypt will be handed over to the Russian Air Force. Of course, they will be brought to the standard of Russian Su-35s.

flamming_python, Werewolf, magnumcromagnon, Ned86, Broski, Arkanghelsk and Belisarius like this post

Serberus
    Serberus

Post  Serberus Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:24 am

oryx despite claiming visual confirmations , is anti Russian and I wouldn't take his word for it. I distinctly remember him attributing plane and helicopter losses based on “visual evidence” that later proved to be Ukranian, i would bet he didnt remove them from the list or add them to the other side.
    I personally seem to remember , at least from what to me looked like genuine photos/videos
    2 Su34 one may have been SU30
    1 KA52 plus 1 damaged which was also shown by the Russian MOD
    Possibly 2-4 SU25
    Maybe another 3 or 4  transport helicopters and a couple or mi-24 as well, thats about it I think

I mean even those two clearly Ukrainian su25 that were shot down a couple of days ago, some still claim they were Russian. They are clearly desperate.

flamming_python, Werewolf, d_taddei2, magnumcromagnon, Hannibal Barca, Big_Gazza, auslander and like this post

LMFS
    LMFS

Post  LMFS Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:50 am

Russian Defense Ministry
    🇷🇺🇺🇦 Russian Defense Ministry briefing (21.03.2022)

Units of the Russian armed forces advanced another 4 kilometers during the night and completely took control of the village of SLADKE. Currently, scattered groups of the nationalist battalion "Donbass"are being destroyed.

The group of troops of the Donetsk People's Republic completes the defeat of the remnants of the 53rd mechanized brigade of the Ukrainian armed forces, developing an offensive in the direction of the village of Novomikhailovka.

💥 In total, during the night in this area was destroyed up to 50 militants, three tanks, four infantry fighting vehicles, two field artillery pieces and 4 off-road vehicles.

💥 In addition, units of the Donetsk Republic are fighting with units of the 25th Airborne Brigade of the Ukrainian Armed Forces and the capture of the settlement is being completed.VERKHNETORETSKOE.

▫ ️ In the village of Nikolaevka in the suburbs of Kiev, Russian servicemen took control of a protected, buried command post of the armed forces of Ukraine.

61 Ukrainian servicemen of the command post voluntarily surrendered more than half of them are senior officers of the Armed forces of Ukraine.

💥 On the night of March 21, high-precision air-launched cruise missiles hit the Training Center for Foreign mercenaries and Ukrainian nationalist formations at the NOVAYA LUBOMIRKA combined arms training ground in the Rivne region.

▫ More than 80 mercenaries and nationalists were killed.

💥 Also, high-precision air-launched cruise missiles destroyed an ammunition depot and the headquarters of a mechanized brigade near the village of SELETS.

▫ ️ A group of "night hunters"consisting of Ka-52 and Mi-28n helicopters, during the night strikes, 8 tanks, 4 infantry fighting vehicles and 3 armored personnel carriers were destroyed.

▫ During the night, operational-tactical and army aircraft hit 44 military facilities in Ukraine. Among them: four command posts, two installations of multiple launch rocket systems in the areas of NALYVAYKOVKA and Zolocheva settlements, six Buk M-1 anti-aircraft missile systems, three Msta-B artillery guns in the VYSHGOROD area, four warehouses of rocket and artillery weapons and ammunition, as well as 23 places of accumulation of military equipment.

▫ Russian air defense systems Two more Ukrainian unmanned aerial vehicles were shot down in the air over the settlements of Chernobayevka and Tsirkuni.

📊 Since the beginning of the special military operation, 216 unmanned aerial vehicles, 180 anti-aircraft missile systems, 1506 tanks and other armored combat vehicles, 152 multiple launch rocket systems, 592 field artillery and mortar guns, as well as 1,284 units of special military vehicles have been destroyed.

❗ A planned provocation of Ukrainian nationalists was carried out in the city of Sumy at night which the Russian Defense Ministry officially warned about a few days ago.

According to the head of the Sumy regional Administration, an ammonia leak occurred at the Sumykhimprom plant. There is no threat to the residents of Sumy, as the air masses were moving "not in the direction of the city".

▫ Let me remind you that back on March 19, we officially warned about the mining of this enterprise by Ukrainian nationalists to commit a provocation in order to accuse Russia of allegedly using "chemical weapons".

❗ I want to emphasize once again, - The Armed Forces of the Russian Federation did not plan and do not carry out any strikes on Ukrainian facilities for storing or producing toxic substances.

▫ The coordinates of all such objects and data on toxic substances stored there on the territory of Ukraine were obtained by us during the seizure of combat documentation of the 4th brigade of the Ukrainian National Guard.

▫ ️ The Kiev nationalist regime is directly responsible for any possible incidents with Ukrainian toxic substances storage facilities.

franco, d_taddei2, magnumcromagnon, Airbornewolf, Big_Gazza, zepia, JohninMK and like this post

billybatts91
    billybatts91

Post  billybatts91 Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:00 am

I am a bit worried about the speed of this operation in Ukraine. If Mariupol is taking this long, imagine how long taking Kharkiv or Odessa would be? Taking the whole of Kiev seems impossible with the current number of Russians in Ukraine. Is this just phase 1? Russia needs way more troops and equipment in Ukraine, but maybe Putin's strategy is different then what I'm thinking about. We'll see. I'm a little confused to be honest.

Kriva likes this post

Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:04 am

Ned86 wrote:
    Podlodka77 wrote:

That source might be very famous and perceived as very accurate on western forums like defence talk. Where the admins with Moderator rights even warn users who dare to critizies Oryx as a source to not doubt it as a source, while in all reality they have displayed ukrainian tanks as russian's while ignoring that they lack Z markings.

It is a propaganda tool from an ukrainian nationalist so there is that.

flamming_python, magnumcromagnon, Airbornewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs, auslander, JohninMK and like this post

Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:14 am

RTN wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:It is called "Ugroza" which was a programm for upgrading unguided rockets to be guided just like PKWS and is used on S-13 rockets within military service.
    When was Ugroza even introduced? How many Russian helos, UAVs do you know of that are carrying Ugroza?

We don't know everything, but we also didn't know until a few years ago that Vikhr-1M was in service. The russians are highly selective of what kind of video footage from combat they are publishing unlike americans who publish the most gruesome shit for propaganda purposes not to mention the wikileaks stuff.

RTN wrote:
    You need to come up with better excuses.

Western precision guided rockets are 70mm with a > 5km range. Given their precision we don't need to fire several of these rockets. In Iraq and Afghanistan enemy snipers were neutralized with these rockets. That's how precise they are. Light armored vehicles have been destroyed with these rockets. For heavily armored vehicles we can swap precision guided rockets for precision guided missiles.

Re cost, they are being mass produced for rotary platforms, fixed wing platforms and drones. Economies of scale has ensured that their cost is now at an all time low.

Guess what neither does Russia have to use expensive weapons. Comparing the cost of one western ATGM to one of Russia's we know that they can buy twice or quadruble the amount of missiles, especially for ATGM's with R designation. The scale of economic sanctions have ensured Russia to be the boss of the entire European continent and who makes the calls now? Russia can make the West its little bitch if it wants. It is the richest country on earth and they could weaponize their resources and catapult western countries to the 20th century.

RTN wrote:
    Looking at how semi skilled Ukranians are blowing Russian tanks till kingdom comes with just local ATGMs, UAVs, helos armed with these precision rockets would have wreaked havoc with any Russian armored convoy.

So now you are resorting to more obvious trolling? Very Happy
    You believe that ambush tactics with modern ATGM's western or eastern is only effective against Russian tanks?
    Ohh dear I have bad news for you. Ukraine by itself of 24th of February could annex the fucking Poland by its military force. It indeed has proven to be superior in military equipment and especially in IADS compared to any european PONOS member. Guess what, the US is highly vulnerable to such tactics even more so than any eastern army.

GarryB, d_taddei2, magnumcromagnon, Airbornewolf, Big_Gazza, JohninMK, miketheterrible and like this post

Ispan
    Ispan

Post  Ispan Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:05 pm

Today's briefing: covers yesterday evening and the morning and various other interesting reports and analysis on tactics, casualties, and results

https://guerraenucrania.wordpress.com/2022/03/21/parte-de-guerra-21-03-2022-1200-horas/

GarryB and kvs like this post

Podlodka77
    Podlodka77

Post  Podlodka77 Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:15 pm

TASS

Captured tanks of Nazi battalions and the Ukrainian army in the Kiev region .. There is also a video link.

https://tass.ru/armiya-i-opk/14130055

Last edited by Podlodka77 on Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

GarryB, magnumcromagnon, Airbornewolf, kvs and billybatts91 like this post

Ispan
    Ispan

Post  Ispan Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:17 pm

billybatts91 wrote:I am a bit worried about the speed of this operation in Ukraine. If Mariupol is taking this long, imagine how long taking Kharkiv or Odessa would be? Taking the whole of Kiev seems impossible with the current number of Russians in Ukraine. Is this just phase 1? Russia needs way more troops and equipment in Ukraine, but maybe Putin's strategy is different then what I'm thinking about. We'll see. I'm a little confused to be honest.

Besieged cities on average can resist up to two months before giving up for lack of food and supplies and we are only into the third week.

Mariupol takes so long because it had to be stormed and artillery fire can't be used. Same happened with Volnovakha.

Kharkov is next in line.

Odessa will simply be cut off until capitulation of the rest of Ukraine. Sumy and Chernigov can be ignored.

Kiev can be taken with a bold stroke at the cost of thousands of Russian casualties and thousands of civilians, so it's better to lay siege and smash every attempt at breakout and gradually wear down the garrison.

It's encouraging that there were surrenders already in Kiev.

More troops and material are needed indeed. After the fall of Mariupol is possibly that most of the Ukrainian soldiers begin go realize the war is lost and the process of surrender will speed up.

After the mopping up in Mariupol is over, even without reinforcements there should be enough troops to close the ring around the Ukrainian army in Donbass. They are doomed anyway, they don't seem to try to make a break for the Dnieper bridges, so it really doesn't matter they haven't been taken yet.

The process will accelerate. War may be over in six weeks time, if done right, but the key is not winning, but doing so with the minimum Russian troop losses, and Russian civilians in Eastern Ukraine, so expect three months at least. War could be won faster with a strike into Western Ukraine using the full firepower of artillery and aviation and without regards for the civilian casualties, God knows they deserve it, but I don't think it likely.

GarryB, d_taddei2, magnumcromagnon, kvs, JohninMK, LMFS, Mir and billybatts91 like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:26 pm

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #7 - Page 6 Fovhcl10
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #7 - Page 6 Fovhdw10
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #7 - Page 6 Fovhft10
    Funny how some people call it a retreat when the orcs run for their lifes. Here they left western weapons (Panzerfaust 3 in this case) behind, including paper work.

magnumcromagnon, Airbornewolf, kvs, miketheterrible, LMFS, Yugo90 and Mir like this post

Mir
    Mir

Post  Mir Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:28 pm

Ned86 wrote:Hi all,

I have visited this site in the past. Looking at the site's name he has some Afrikaner/South African connection. "Oryx" is a large antelope but also the name of the Puma helicopter upgraded in South Africa. "Spioenkop" refers to a famous battle during the Anglo-Boer War. Mainly due to our history with the English some white Afrikaners identify strongly with the Nazis and in particular Hitler and the Waffen SS. This is very common among the far-right Afrikaners and I think this guy is clearly right-wing. Not only that - most of the rest of the white population here do support the west and Putin is seen as some evil commie that assassinates anybody in his path. Our MSM media spews only Ukrainian propaganda. On the other hand the ANC government and other black political parties mostly supports the Russian side and condemn the Nazis and blames NATO for the trouble.

Point is this guy will cut and paste the info he gets from Ukraine and western sources.

magnumcromagnon, Airbornewolf, kvs, JohninMK and miketheterrible like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:28 pm

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #7 - Page 6 Foxgbj10
    Tor on the move in Belarus. More troops are being seen in Brest and the surrounding area, some only 7km away from the border.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #7 - Page 6 Scree168
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #7 - Page 6 Scree169
    Orsk unloading.

Menahwile the sea of Odessa is being shelled, propably to clear mines.

GarryB, d_taddei2, magnumcromagnon, Airbornewolf, kvs, LMFS, Mir and like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:30 pm

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #7 - Page 6 Fou35_10
    Ukri cars in Poland, poor little refugees.
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #7 - Page 6 Kotvit10
    Money found at the hungarian border, "belonging" to the wife of some Rada member

GarryB, d_taddei2, magnumcromagnon, Airbornewolf, kvs, VARGR198, miketheterrible and like this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:38 pm

This may well show that the shopping mall hit last night could have been a firing point too. Any thoughts?

kvs and LMFS like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:41 pm

RTN wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:It is called "Ugroza" which was a programm for upgrading unguided rockets to be guided just like PKWS and is used on S-13 rockets within military service.
    When was Ugroza even introduced? How many Russian helos, UAVs do you know of that are carrying Ugroza?

What on Earth are you actually talking about?

Even the legacy Atakas and Shturms were guided

Western precision guided rockets are 70mm with a > 5km range. Given their precision we don't need to fire several of these rockets. In Iraq and Afghanistan enemy snipers were neutralized with these rockets. That's how precise they are. Light armored vehicles have been destroyed with these rockets. For heavily armored vehicles we can swap precision guided rockets for precision guided missiles.

What makes you think that Russia is not doing that?

They've taken out tons of artillery, vehicles, etc... from helicopters going by the reports at least and the vids we've seen

Looking at how semi skilled Ukranians are blowing Russian tanks till kingdom comes with just local ATGMs, UAVs, helos armed with these precision rockets would have wreaked havoc with any Russian armored convoy.

Any helicopter would have been shot down by Buks, Tors or the Russian air force

Russia is not deploying all of its forces and its using its air force conservatively after finding out that the country is loaded with hidden Buks, Strela-10s, Tunguskas, etc... which receive data from NATO so that they don't have to switch on their own radars other than for a brief window.
    And also under the EW cover of NATO, which Russia can't attack either as it would mean WW3.

You're nothing more than a fanboy that has become loaded with Western infowar.

The Ukraine has taken out quite a few vehicles with its ATGMs but over such a scale of territory and with the amount of forces involved on all sides, this is not surprising.

Last edited by flamming_python on Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

GarryB, Werewolf, Airbornewolf, JohninMK and Arkanghelsk like this post

Dr.Snufflebug

Post  Dr.Snufflebug Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:41 pm

The Ukrainians have now banned dashcams etc, 15 years in prison threatened, so expect OSINT accuracy go from bad to worse.

It's funny to compare the Twitter talk with the uncensored Telegram channels. Night and day in every respect.

GarryB, Werewolf, magnumcromagnon, Airbornewolf, Mir and Arkanghelsk like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:45 pm

JohninMK wrote:This may well show that the shopping mall hit last night could have been a firing point too. Any thoughts?

It certainly was a firing point in addition to being a massive ammo dump

They've been firing from that parking lot adjacent to the shopping mall every other day. Did another salvo shortly before the Kalibr hit, apparently.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #7 - Page 6 9abb99bb7b7dacbbed2063fe63beebe6da5aefb85cc66b68e88d2d8eafc7e255-jpg

Last edited by flamming_python on Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

GarryB, Werewolf, d_taddei2, Airbornewolf, kvs, JohninMK, Sprut-B and like this post

Mir
    Mir

Post  Mir Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:46 pm

billybatts91 wrote:I am a bit worried about the speed of this operation in Ukraine. If Mariupol is taking this long, imagine how long taking Kharkiv or Odessa would be? Taking the whole of Kiev seems impossible with the current number of Russians in Ukraine. Is this just phase 1? Russia needs way more troops and equipment in Ukraine, but maybe Putin's strategy is different then what I'm thinking about. We'll see. I'm a little confused to be honest.

Unless you want to see thousands of dead people you shouldn't worry too much about the speed of this operation. The Russians are doing a great job by systematically destroying the fascists without the loss of too many civilians. Mariupol is really the key and it will fall very soon. I would hope that any of the other major cities like Odessa would not follow the same destructive route but we'll see.

Talking about Odessa - apparently there is a gigantic ancient maze underneath the city?

magnumcromagnon, kvs, JohninMK, BliTTzZ, miketheterrible, Sprut-B, Broski and like this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:48 pm

Ispan wrote:Today's briefing: covers yesterday evening and the morning and various other interesting reports and analysis on tactics, casualties, and results

https://guerraenucrania.wordpress.com/2022/03/21/parte-de-guerra-21-03-2022-1200-horas/

Thanks again. Don't forget guys that my translations do not include any maps etc that Ispan may have included.

Map of military operations and the situation on the fronts on the evening of March 20

Do not try to find changes in the borders of the fronts, today they are not on our map.

But this does not mean that the fight has been put on pause. The troops advanced on the Donetsk front (Eastern Front) and in the Kiev region (Southern Front), but this is simply not visible on a map of this scale. The Russian Army completes the defeat of the Nazi battalion "Donbass", and the forces of the 53rd and 54th Ukrainian brigades. The troops advanced 12 km deep, reached the Nikolskoye border, and together with the DPR forces blocked Sladkoye from three sides. All this is in the direction of the village of Kurakhovo (central Eastern front).

In addition, it is worth noting powerful attacks in the area of Nikolaev, Zhytomyr, Kharkiv and Kiev. It so happened that in some places the soldiers of the Armed Forces of Ukraine begin to surrender en masse. For example, the Ukrainian servicemen of the 14th Motorized Rifle Brigade of the Armed Forces of Ukraine today massively laid down their weapons in the Kopylov area. In Mariupol, more and more territory is being liberated from the Nazis. More precise information is not yet available. But in fact, it remains to take the main hornet's nest - a factory turned into a fortress. After that, there will be little left to do. We hope that the destroyed city is about to be liberated, full of hell, and a humanitarian catastrophe is taking place.

Other reports - Donetsk-Vechernee

Events on the fronts for the afternoon of the 20th

Kharkov front. Positional battles. Reliable sources say that the Russians occupied the Kharkov suburb of Saltovka, from where artillery strikes are being carried out to suppress the fire positions of the Ukrainians in Kharkov. The situation is similar near Chernihiv and Sumy.

The Donbass front. The enemy is trying to counterattack in Mariupol and in the direction of Rubizhne, however, without achieving much success. In Mariupol, this is explained by the hopelessness of the situation of the surrounded group, and in the Severodonetsk-Lisichansk-Rubizhne triangle, attempts are being made to slow down the offensive and distract as many Lugansk militia forces as possible.

The main events on the front are taking place in the Izyum area, where the most intense battles are taking place with an unclear outcome. In other directions, we have occupied the city of Uglegorsk, and there is a slow advance and with hard fighting towards the rear of the defending group. Moreover, for some reason inexplicable to me, the enemy does not withdraw his troops at the threat of encirclement. Intense fighting is taking place for Marinka, the assault on Avdiivka did not give results, it is being shelled by artillery and aviation.

South front. In the direction Nikolaev unchanged. In the north, fighting is taking place several tens of kilometers from Krivoy Rog and Zaporozhe. There is no progress and activity is low.

Information field. The enemy resorted to terror tactics in the liberated cities, and a car of local pro-Russian activists was shot in Kherson. There are dead and injured. In addition, pro-Ukraine demonstrations are continuing in Melitopol, Berdyansk and Energodar. The reason for this phenomenon is obvious: clear plans for these territories are not implemented and articulated. Moreover, there are no attempts (apart from relying on the old elites) to organize and arm the local population by creating a militia. Practically no filtering and operational support of the territories is carried out.the destruction of people by a terrorist attack or a rocket attack to destabilize buildings.

As for the situation in the Kiev region, it is as follows. To the west of the capital, the Russian Forces continue to move towards Makarov and Byshev, the control zone around Borodyanka is also expanding, and are ongoing battles in the area of Bucha, Irpen, Romanovka and Lyutezh (see the detailed map here).

To the east of Kiev, the Russian Armed Forces are concentrating on the approaches to Brovary and Boryspil. On this return, the picture has not changed for several days. At the same time, the General Staff of the Ukrainian Forces fears that in the near future new advances towards the capital will begin.

At night a missile hit the area of the Retroville shopping center. The blast wave blew out the windows of houses within a radius of several hundred meters.

At first, Ukrainian sources said in unison that the enemy was hitting civilian targets. However, later on the network there were videos of a fire in the area of the shopping center where the explosions of ammunition can be heard. It was evidently an ammunition depot. Also in the photos of the scene you can see photos of artillery ammunition pods for the 203mm caliber Pion guns

Subsequent investigations have determined that the shopping center was a firing position of multiple rocket launchers of the Ukrainian artillery

Video surveillance footage shows the departure of rocket shells from the Ukrainian side at 22.07 local time. At 2246 hours, the firing position and the ammunition supply point in the Sports Life were destroyed by an attack by the Russian Armed Forces.

The situation in Mariupol

From the official Russian communique:

- the worst humanitarian catastrophe has unfolded in Mariupol as a result of the anarchy organized by Ukrainian nationalists;

– every day from 80 to 235 innocent citizens die at the hands of the Nazis – these are terrible statistics only for the last three days, and these are exactly the people who are trying to get out of the city on their own, the militants just shoot at them;

— as a result of the adoption of effective measures over the past three days from the home of terror and tyranny, organized in the city of nationalists in Russia, managed to evacuate 59 304 people, as well as 139 foreign citizens;

– 130 thousand civilians and 184 foreign citizens from six countries are currently being held hostage in the city;

– the Russian Federation from 10:00 am GMT tomorrow, March 21, opens humanitarian corridors from Mariupol in the East and, according to the Ukrainian side, in the western areas;

– every citizen of Mariupol and a foreign citizen is guaranteed the exclusively voluntary choice of any of the humanitarian corridors or the right to stay in the unblocked city;

- we send an official appeal to the United Nations, the OSCE, the International Committee of the Red Cross and other international organizations, whose representatives we invite to accompany the practical activities of this humanitarian operation.

Note: the Kiev regime has refused to surrender the city or allow evacuation. Proving once again that Western Ukraine has nothing to do with the Russian population of the East and that Ukrainian soldiers are occupiers who do not care about the lives of Russian civilians.

Chronicle from the Kiev front - Komsomolskaya Pravda

https://www.kp.ru/daily/27378.5/4560756/

Summary of Cassad 20 Marzo

https://colonelcassad.livejournal.com/7506798.html

Today, 21 March

Summary of Strelkov – 08:00 horas

Ugledar - as of last night – is mostly under the control of the DPR and Russian Forces. The enemy, it seems, did not consider this relatively small village suitable for long-term defense as a "fortress". Several smaller settlements are also occupied in this area, but Kurakhov, the center of enemy defense and the main rear center of the entire Donetsk UGRIC group, is still far away.

On the outskirts of Donetsk, near Avdiivka and Marinka, heavy fighting, in general, the situation has no significant changes in our favor. Donetsk, Horlivka, Makiivka and beyond are periodically subjected to heavy shelling. Fighting continues near the town of Verkhnetoretskoye (Artem). The situation there is still unclear, except that the city itself is still in the hands of the enemy.

Severodonetsk-Lisichansk-no significant breakthrough of the armed forces of the LDNR has yet been reported.

Izyum-yesterday fighting continued in the southern part of the city and in the area of the village of Kamenka, located on the Izyum-Slavyansk highway. If Kamenka is taken, the Ukrainian garrison defending the southern part of Izyum will find itself encircled. Maybe I already am. It was reported about the gradual advance of Russian Forces to the south and southwest from the bridgehead in the specified area.

I have no data on significant changes in the front line near Gulai-Pole Zaporozhye. There is information about the advance of Russian troops to the southern outskirts of Krivoy Rog, but, given the huge length (about 10 kilometers) of this city (from the south to the northeast), I do not expect it to be attacked by Russian troops, this will require a lot of troops. Unless the garrison and the authorities decide to surrender (but there is little hope for this).

10:00 OFFICIAL STATEMENT RUSSIAN ARMY (summary)

South-west of Donetsk
    ▪ Units of the Russian Armed Forces have advanced another 4 kilometers overnight and have taken full control of the village of Sladkoye. The scattered groups of the Donbas nationalist battalion are being destroyed.

▪ A group of troops of the Donetsk People's Republic completes the defeat of the remnants of the 53rd Mechanized Brigade of the Ukrainian armed forces advancing towards the settlement of NOVOMIKHAILOVKA.

A total of up to 50 militants, 3 tanks, 4 BMPs, 2 field artillery guns and 4 off-road vehicles were destroyed overnight in the area.

GarryB, markgreven and kvs like this post

Serberus
    Serberus

Post  Serberus Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:48 pm

JohninMK wrote:This may well show that the shopping mall hit last night could have been a firing point too. Any thoughts?

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #7 - Page 6 14438a10

Same ”shopping mall” apparently
    Judging by the level of destruction, secondaries went off no doubt

Last edited by Serberus on Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

GarryB, magnumcromagnon and Mir like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 4:18 am