Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+78
mr_hd
ludovicense
walle83
Boshoed
OminousSpudd
gc3762
Lurk83
zepia
Fred333
littlerabbit
0nillie0
owais.usmani
BliTTzZ
Rodion_Romanovic
andalusia
Arctic_Fox
AlfaT8
max steel
Isos
SeigSoloyvov
kvs
flamming_python
Airbornewolf
miketheterrible
Arrow
Rasisuki Nebia
diabetus
Werewolf
mavaff
ucmvulcan
Arkanghelsk
d_taddei2
Hole
LMFS
Sujoy
GarryB
lancelot
Regular
nomadski
RTN
Erk
limb
nero
ArgentinaGuard
Big_Gazza
Backman
teh_beard
magnumcromagnon
mack8
mnztr
Firebird
ATLASCUB
Walther von Oldenburg
auslander
Ispan
billybatts91
Podlodka77
Ned86
mnrck
Serberus
Yugo90
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
JohninMK
franco
Scorpius
Stealthflanker
Urluber
VARGR198
Mir
Hannibal Barca
Dr.Snufflebug
ALAMO
Odin of Ossetia
GunshipDemocracy
Broski
psg
par far
lyle6
82 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #7

LMFS
    LMFS

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #7 - Page 23 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #7

Post  LMFS Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:59 pm

Firebird wrote:The toilet cleaning Polaks were a major cause of the Azov/nationalist atrocities in bandera-stan. Behind Uncle Scam of course.

They've had ideas above their station for a long time. Including hosting Uncle Scam's missile bases.

Nothing wld surprise me with those creeps. Hopefully Russia is ready to give them a resounding slap.

--------
    If Russia wants to denazify and bring justice to the Bandera-trash, it will find them in Lvov. And Russia doesn't want a rump "Ukraine" to have missile bases in Lvov, whether that is an "indepdenent" colony of America, or part of Polak expansion.

There can be ways to make an arrangement. If the nazis abandon the rest of Ukraine via the leverage Poland has on the regime, they can go to their Idlib and the Poles can get that land for them. But obviously with neutrality of that territory and zero nazi tolerance. You get control of the border and spare the country untold suffering, passing those animals to the balance of Poland. Not that bad, if you ask me

Big_Gazza, kvs, GunshipDemocracy and BliTTzZ like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #7 - Page 23 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #7

Post  flamming_python Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:59 pm

Yugo90 wrote:
    Airbornewolf wrote:TOS 1A landing some Denazification packages in Mariupol

Yeaah baby those nazi dogs are having a great time. I hope they won't escape. They need to be punished.

They've been given a final ultimatum to surrender before midnight

Hope they take it. Less destruction.

Zelensky himself though does not want them around, better they die as martyrs, hence his orders

Last edited by flamming_python on Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Werewolf, Airbornewolf, Big_Gazza and BliTTzZ like this post

SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:25 pm

In all honesty is depends on the tactical reasoning why the russians would Pullback, perhaps they think those positions aren't that dependable and rather just hold out on better terrian

GunshipDemocracy and Odin of Ossetia like this post

SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:34 pm

Tho I must question how surrounded Cities like Kharob, Sumy and Chev are, there would be signs of shortages by now.

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:42 pm

SeigSoloyvov wrote:Tho I must question how surrounded Cities like Kharob, Sumy and Chev are, there would be signs of shortages by now.

Perhaps there are. I doubt the Kiev government would be mentioning it.

Not sure if either the railways or roads were/are still being used for supplies i.e. allowed in by the Russians. None are fully surrounded by intent.

d_taddei2, Big_Gazza and BliTTzZ like this post

SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:50 pm

JohninMK wrote:
    SeigSoloyvov wrote:Tho I must question how surrounded Cities like Kharob, Sumy and Chev are, there would be signs of shortages by now.

Not sure if either the railways or roads were/are still being used for supplies i.e. allowed in by the Russians. None are fully surrounded by intent.

Except if you believe people here those cities are surrounded from all sides.

Yet the situation doesn't seem to match this reality.

JohninMK and BliTTzZ like this post

Airbornewolf
    Airbornewolf

Post  Airbornewolf Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:55 pm

Pauze during frontline combat, Izyum region.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #7 - Page 23 Everyd11

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #7 - Page 23 Everyd12

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #7 - Page 23 Everyd10

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #7 - Page 23 Everyd13

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #7 - Page 23 Everyd14

GarryB, magnumcromagnon, Hannibal Barca, Big_Gazza, kvs, BliTTzZ, Hole and like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:55 pm

SeigSoloyvov wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:

Except if you believe people here those cities are surrounded from all sides.

Yet the situation doesn't seem to match this reality.

They're not, but the Russians control all the roads

Yes civilian traffic is proceeding, maybe not as normal but its happening. The main thing is that the bridges were blown up by the Ukrainian army, there are problems in certain areas.

JohninMK, BliTTzZ and Yugo90 like this post

Yugo90

Post  Yugo90 Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:00 pm

Airbornewolf wrote:Pauze during frontline combat, Izyum region.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #7 - Page 23 Everyd11

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #7 - Page 23 Everyd10

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #7 - Page 23 Everyd13

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #7 - Page 23 Everyd14
    True Heroes! Wish them good health and no injuries.

GarryB, magnumcromagnon, Airbornewolf, Big_Gazza, zardof, BliTTzZ, Hole and like this post

Odin of Ossetia
    Odin of Ossetia

Post  Odin of Ossetia Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:11 pm

LMFS wrote:
    Firebird wrote:The toilet cleaning Polaks were a major cause of the Azov/nationalist atrocities in bandera-stan. Behind Uncle Scam of course.

They've had ideas above their station for a long time. Including hosting Uncle Scam's missile bases.

Nothing wld surprise me with those creeps. Hopefully Russia is ready to give them a resounding slap.

--------
    If Russia wants to denazify and bring justice to the Bandera-trash, it will find them in Lvov. And Russia doesn't want a rump "Ukraine" to have missile bases in Lvov, whether that is an "indepdenent" colony of America, or part of Polak expansion.

There can be ways to make an arrangement. If the nazis abandon the rest of Ukraine via the leverage Poland has on the regime, they can go to their Idlib and the Poles can get that land for them. But obviously with neutrality of that territory and zero nazi tolerance. You get control of the border and spare the country untold suffering, passing those animals to the balance of Poland. Not that bad, if you ask me

Poland does not have any leverage here.

Poland is a Ukrainian tributary state, ruled by the German-Ukrainian mafia.

http://michalw.narod.ru/index-Truth.html

Even Poles in Poland have to shut up about the genocides the Ukrainians have launched against them in the past.

GarryB likes this post

Ispan
    Ispan

Post  Ispan Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:15 pm

I know there's probably a thread or part of the forum for this, but humor me.

What are the comparative merits of the Mil Mi 28 and the Kamov Ka 52? It's one better than the other and what purpose they serve

I read this article but didn't understand much,

https://topwar.ru/193835-udarnyj-vertolet-mi-28n-poprobujte-pokritikovat.html

I am afraid my level of knowledge ended at the end of Cold War and I have a hard time following up modern tech

From what I understood, the Mi 28 has better avionics than the Apache, and more capable of night flying, I find it hard to believe I am sure the Apache had upgrades along.

All helicopters look the same to me, I only look at guns and weapon pods, I tend to overlook things like speed and range.

One question, is the good old Mi-24 Krokodil still in use in modernized versions, or it has been retired out of service?

It seems to me helicopters aren't being used for close air support, but rather on interdiction strikes along roads.

Also if I understood the article correctly, the helicopters now fly at night because portable SAMs can't be fired at dark? Surprising! I thought the Stingers and at all aimed by infrared, of course you first have to spot the helicopter to aim the launcher, so it makes sense.
    RTN
    RTN

Post  RTN Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:17 pm

Haven't come across a single Russian MBT that is sporting an APS or caged armor. Also missing in action is Nakidka camouflage system.

SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:22 pm

RTN wrote:Haven't come across a single Russian MBT that is sporting an APS or caged armor. Also missing in action is Nakidka camouflage system.

Well this seems to be a B-tier russian army meaning they aren't given a lot of higher tier stuff, this is stupid don't get me wrong, their men should be afforded all the advantages they can...but of course people here like to say "US dun care about it men" but look at stuff like this.

There are modern T72 that have APS, but none of the Russian tanks in Ukraine have them, Suggesting these are old model T72's

Has for caged armor it wouldn't help here at all. All the portable Anti tank weapons the Ukies have wouldn't care about it.

So why limit your vehicle's mobility for nothing, For the caged armor I understand for the lack of APS. Is just down right stupid.

BliTTzZ dislikes this post

lyle6
    lyle6

Post  lyle6 Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:23 pm

Airbornewolf wrote:

I understand he's being thorough and all, but that's just racist. Twisted Evil

Broski likes this post

Dr.Snufflebug

Post  Dr.Snufflebug Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:24 pm

Ispan wrote:
    One question, is the good old Mi-24 Krokodil still in use in modernized versions, or it has been retired out of service?

Lots of Mi-24(35) variants being used. Initially the Ukrainians flew them too, but now it's just Russia.

Few days ago:

But, the actual attack helicopter duties are by Ka-52 and Mi-28.

One thing regarding them, that I've seen multiple times is the curious use of unguided rockets in indirect fire. That is, launching them at extended ranges, pointing above the intended target, with ballistic drop in mind. Haven't yet seen any information about whether the FCS computers calculate for this type of utilization, or if it's done by "feel".

Last edited by Dr.Snufflebug on Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:17 pm; edited 2 times in total

Ispan and BliTTzZ like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:31 pm

Rob Lee now quoting a hacked or faked Komsomolskaya Pravda article about 9861 Russian KIA killed in the conflict

Only problem is the same article quotes 96 planes and 118 helicopters as downed in the operation so far. Which is clear nonsense

d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, auslander, BliTTzZ, Yugo90, Broski and Arkanghelsk like this post

SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:32 pm

The number is over 1k but under 2k imo, I doubt the russians are being 100 percent honest about losses but over 9k is just silly.

Werewolf, Odin of Ossetia, BliTTzZ and Yugo90 like this post

auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:36 pm

lyle6 wrote:
    Airbornewolf wrote:

Dogs are much nicer than two legs, which is what dogs call us. That's why we have four, Sophia, Ye'katarina, Kristl'Yannah (aka Kristina, aka KRISTINA! STOP TEASING ALEKSANDR, HE'S THREE TIMES YOUR SIZE AND YOU FIT NICELY IN HIS MOUTH) and Aleksandr. All soldiers love dogs and kat things.

magnumcromagnon, Airbornewolf, Big_Gazza, BliTTzZ and Arkanghelsk like this post

Dr.Snufflebug

Post  Dr.Snufflebug Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:40 pm

SeigSoloyvov wrote:The number is over 1k but under 2k imo, I doubt the russians are being 100 percent honest about losses but over 9k is just silly.

I think it's 1500-1800 KIA, and UA 15000-18000 KIA (and "KOOA", many thousands have been struck in the rear too).

Said it weeks ago, 10:1-ish. Everything back then was indicating that type of relationship, and still is.

GunshipDemocracy, Ispan and BliTTzZ like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:48 pm

Dr.Snufflebug wrote:
    SeigSoloyvov wrote:The number is over 1k but under 2k imo, I doubt the russians are being 100 percent honest about losses but over 9k is just silly.

I think it's 1500-1800 KIA, and UA 15000-18000 KIA (and "KOOA", many thousands have been struck in the rear too).

Said it weeks ago, 10:1-ish. Everything back then was indicating that type of relationship, and still is.

Unfortunately the result of this Western-republished Ukrainian propaganda is that the Ukrainian soldiers are convinced they're beating the entire Russian army

The reality is that probably you have somewhere around 2000-2500 Russian KIA (the rates decreased very significantly since the first 5 days or so, but still probably around 30-50 a day), which will include the military, Rosgvardia and other state organs

And maybe up to 1000 LNR/DNR dead as well

The Ukrainian KIA however are horrendous and this propaganda is simply artificially boosting morale and leading to more of them being killed.

BliTTzZ likes this post

ArgentinaGuard

Post  ArgentinaGuard Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:52 pm

LMFS wrote:On November 28, 1933, the Daily Mail wrote:: "Strong young German Nazism is a reliable guardian of Europe against the communist danger... Germany needs a living space. If Germany will switch its excessive energy and your organizational skills in Bolshevik Russia, in that it will help the Russian people to return to civilized existence, and perhaps even send global trade on the path to a new prosperity"

https://t.me/Varjag2007/38698

In 2022, strong and young Ukrainian Nazism is a reliable guardian of Europe against the Russian danger. Ukraine needs a living space. If Ukraine shifts its excess energy and organizational skills to Russia, it will help the Russian people return to a civilized existence and perhaps even set global energy prices on the path to a new flourishing state.

I think it would be the other way around. Russia embodies decency and Christian values ​​against Judaism and global Zionism, the LGBT lobby and cultural Marxism, drug mafia, parasitic consumerism, technological mafia...

Putin and Russia should use that flag more forcefully. It would have more support in Western countries.

Last edited by ArgentinaGuard on Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, GunshipDemocracy, BliTTzZ, Broski and Urluber like this post

Airbornewolf
    Airbornewolf

Post  Airbornewolf Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:53 pm

auslander wrote:
    lyle6 wrote:
    Airbornewolf wrote:

[img][/img]

Dogs are much nicer than two legs, which is what dogs call us. That's why we have four, Sophia, Ye'katarina, Kristl'Yannah (aka Kristina, aka KRISTINA! STOP TEASING ALEKSANDR, HE'S THREE TIMES YOUR SIZE AND YOU FIT NICELY IN HIS MOUTH) and Aleksandr. All soldiers love dogs and kat things.

Yes, im about the same with dogs. lol1
    "hey buddy!, want to be friends?. i got an MRE bisquit somewhere in this vest"

BliTTzZ likes this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:55 pm

I think the Russians are being 100% honest, after about 8 days they published a figure of nearly 500 KIA

It's just a fact that they haven't published any figures since then, and their initial figure I think was only for the military, not for Rosgvardia or the LNR/DNR

So we can only guess

But as I recall the DNR already admitted to losing over a hundred in the battle of Mariupol back in its initial stages.

The DNR also estimated that some 80-120 civilians are dying in the city per day

So they're remarkably honest. Who's dishonest is the Kiev regime and their Western backers, and its just costing more lives and dragging out an unwinnable for them conflict.

Werewolf, Airbornewolf, GunshipDemocracy, BliTTzZ and Broski like this post

auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:01 pm

Airbornewolf wrote:
    auslander wrote:
    lyle6 wrote:

Always saved the last tasty for them and I don't remember when we didn't share a full meal. Most were 'street dogs', no owner, no collar, nothing. All were good and all were friendly and more than one ended up serving with us, they hear things we don't.

Yes, im about the same with dogs.  lol1
    "hey buddy!, want to be friends?. i got an MRE bisquit somewhere in this vest"
    Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:02 pm

No way

Russian casualties remain under 1000

dpr and lpr have higher casualties than russian army

They have Z and V on vehicles making it tough to distinguish , but the bmp 1 and all that is DPR LPR so is the T72 with kontakt 1

Ukrop dead are barely reaching 12,000 including national guard and teraborona

So RU dead 700+ (week 1 and some of week 2 were deadliest, after that casualties leveled off significantly)

LDNR dead 1500-2000 (estimate , by sheer volume of ambushes and inexperience and video estimate)

Ukropia dead : 12,000 (estimated by MOD numbers and kalibration scale)

Last edited by Arkanghelsk on Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

BliTTzZ, Hole, Yugo90 and Broski like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:57 am