Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+62
zorobabel
tomazy
Hole
Big_Gazza
Cyberspec
kumbor
x_54_u43
SeigSoloyvov
marat
Dorfmeister
ult
Arrow
Gazputin
Vann7
archangelski
Slevin
Mindstorm
nero
bolshevik345
Isos
marcellogo
MiamiMachineShop
miketheterrible
GarryB
kvs
magnumcromagnon
southpark
dino00
LMFS
PhSt
medo
william.boutros
Tsavo Lion
verkhoturye51
GunshipDemocracy
flamming_python
d_taddei2
DerWolf
higurashihougi
PapaDragon
Kimppis
[ F l a n k e d ]
Singular_Transform
Azi
Luq man
Neutrality
ATLASCUB
PTURBG
Labrador
franco
Nibiru
Austin
hoom
JohninMK
Tingsay
mnztr
Stealthflanker
Admin
Rodion_Romanovic
George1
KiloGolf
Pierre Sprey
66 posters

Su-57 Stealth Fighter: News #5

Cyberspec
    Cyberspec

Su-57 Stealth Fighter: News #5 - Page 33 Empty Re: Su-57 Stealth Fighter: News #5

Post  Cyberspec Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:35 am

Isos wrote:I was watching this documentry in english from 2017 about sukhoi and noticed something very interesting.

Thanks for sharing
    Cyberspec
    Cyberspec

Su-57 Stealth Fighter: News #5 - Page 33 Empty Re: Su-57 Stealth Fighter: News #5

Post  Cyberspec Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:39 am

PapaDragon wrote:
    Isos wrote:https://tass.com/defense/1067657

Russia offers to India to resume its participation on joint su-57 project.

I have a suggestion: India can buy them are the full market price and each hull will be emblazoned with words: "GET BENT!!!"

They're being offered a large package including aircraft, subs, tanks and so on...

Apparently they're seriously looking into getting the YAK-130 (I've posted the news in the Arms export section)

x_54_u43
    x_54_u43

Post  x_54_u43 Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:35 pm

Su-57 Stealth Fighter: News #5 - Page 33 25259410
    marcellogo
    marcellogo

Post  marcellogo Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:09 pm

x_54_u43 wrote:Su-57 Stealth Fighter: News #5 - Page 33 25259410

WOW! Great shot!

Cyberspec
    Cyberspec

Post  Cyberspec Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:17 pm

What sort of container is that? 101KS-N?....it's hard to tell
    x_54_u43
    x_54_u43

Post  x_54_u43 Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:33 pm

Cyberspec wrote:What sort of container is that? 101KS-N?....it's hard to tell

From what has already been posted on other forums, it's just a camera pod for filming weapon separation. If you look closely, you can see another transparent material bubble around the middle of the pod. Though I also at first thought it was a side looking recce pod.
    Cyberspec
    Cyberspec

Post  Cyberspec Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:33 am

OK thanks
    kumbor

Post  kumbor Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:08 pm

Isos wrote:I was watching this documentry in english from 2017 about sukhoi and noticed something very interesting.

They are analyzing what seems to be a rafale.

Su-57 Stealth Fighter: News #5 - Page 33 Screen14

And then they show an image of what seems to be the airflow around the su-57 at cruising regime.

Su-57 Stealth Fighter: News #5 - Page 33 Screen15

The photo from airtunnel shows completely different airplane, it looks more like Rafale. I doubt it has any similarities with SU-57!
    Cyberspec
    Cyberspec

Post  Cyberspec Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:03 pm

kumbor wrote:The photo from airtunnel shows completely different airplane, it looks more like Rafale. I doubt it has any similarities with SU-57!

The bottom photo shows the Su-57
    kumbor

Post  kumbor Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:54 pm

Cyberspec wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:
    Isos wrote:https://tass.com/defense/1067657

Russia offers to India to resume its participation on joint su-57 project.

I have a suggestion: India can buy them are the full market price and each hull will be emblazoned with words: "GET BENT!!!"

They're being offered a large package including aircraft, subs, tanks and so on...

Apparently they're seriously looking into getting the YAK-130 (I've posted the news in the Arms export section)

Mean... BENT OVER?
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:56 am

No... basically means get stuffed... or fuck off... usually when you say it in person you raise a middle finger when you say it...
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:49 pm

I recall all the yapping on other fora about the visibility of the engine fans from the front in the PAK-FA. The above
    photo is rather interesting. It shows that inlet is angled upward so the lower lip obscures any visibility of the duct
    interior from the ground in front of the jet. The leading flaps that replaced the canards also act to block the view
    inside the duct. Clearly some design effort was put into this.
    Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:48 pm

kvs wrote:I recall all the yapping on other fora about the visibility of the engine fans from the front in the PAK-FA.  The above
    photo is rather interesting.  It shows that inlet is angled upward so the lower lip obscures any visibility of the duct
    interior from the ground in front of the jet.  The leading flaps that replaced the canards also act to block the view
    inside the duct.  Clearly some design effort was put into this.  

There was an early photo doing the rounds showing the fan face being clearly visible but it was revealed to be a FAKE. Some Murican fukstik shopped the fans of a AL-31 museum display piece onto the T-10, as though this idiocy would somehow warp reality and render the PAK FA a dud due to "faulty stealth".  Hilariously the shop was obvious as the dents/defects on the museum display could be clearly identified.  Laughing   ..and these idiots think they rule the world... simply laughable, what a pack of apes.
    Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:27 pm

Don´t insult apes, please!
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:28 am

Even their non stealthy Su-27s have intake grids to protect from FOD... you would think on their super stealth plane they could put several of those at various positions down the intake tube to redirect or block radar waves. The walls of the air intake will have RAM, so the simple act of a reflecting surface inside that fills half the intake from the left side and then a little further down another surface that can come from the right side meaning no direct radar wave view of the engine blades would suffice... the surfaces could be a fine mesh that reflects radar waves at 95 degrees... so a radar beam from outside the aircraft comes in at 90 degrees and hits the surface but is redirected 95 degrees, so it bounces side to side down the tube eventually reaching the front of the engine which might reflect at any angle but this signal has probably bounced off the intake walls 100 times so the RAM coating would have diminished the signal to nothing anyway,

There are plenty of other radar blocker designs they could use that have less effect on airflow too.

The solid intake FOD protectors on the MiG-29 are a case in point to completely hide the RCS of the engines too...
    ATLASCUB
    ATLASCUB

Post  ATLASCUB Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:21 am

If relations between Turkey and the U.S continue to sour the Su-57 might soon be one of the most talked about and demanded planes on the planet.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Indians rush in as a result. Just like they rushed in with the S-400. Russia doesn't pump them out like in Soviet times.
    william.boutros

Post  william.boutros Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:53 pm

kvs wrote:I recall all the yapping on other fora about the visibility of the engine fans from the front in the PAK-FA.  The above
    photo is rather interesting.  It shows that inlet is angled upward so the lower lip obscures any visibility of the duct
    interior from the ground in front of the jet.  The leading flaps that replaced the canards also act to block the view
    inside the duct.  Clearly some design effort was put into this.  

This topic has been discussed. The top view is a little misleading. The bottom view of the plane demonstrates that the fans could be partially seen. This was backed up by various evidence on this forum and elsewhere.
    Gazputin

Su-57 Stealth Fighter: News #5 - Page 33 Empty Su-57

Post  Gazputin Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:49 am

I have a elevation plan of Su-57 showing clearly an S-shaped duct … starts low goes higher … hiding fan blades
    its a load of nonsense

couple of other things ….

there is no way on Earth you can get a "20% reduction" in costs for an order of 76 ….
    "back of the envelope calc" to me says …. 76 is one of 4x orders for 76 = 300 for RUAF …. minimum

National Interest are a bunch of idiots …. haven't spent one minute near a manufacturing facility
    … or reality …. the Russians will build at least 300 …

back onto my favourite comedy site …. National Interest
    my favourite is the monumental wank about the US Navy "stealth attack" drones ….
    that morphed into "stealth refuelling drones" …. and were quietly dropped …. lol lol lol
    call me a cynic … which I am ….
    but did anyone else notice that every flight of these "technological marvels" off the decks of US carriers was in perfect weather and insanely calm seas ? ….. lol lol lol … X-47
    now suddenly they have a tailed Boeing refuelling drone …. that can actually fly straight …. lol lol lol
    the MQ-25 ….. hilarious

I mean who in their right mind would use a directionally unstable aircraft off a multi-billion $ carrier …. and then expect their $100mil per aircraft to fly behind something like that and refuel ? ….. its insane
    US Navy you can say what you like about them … but they are every bit as pragmatic as the Russians … they got it right

anyway, back to the Su-57
    if I was a pilot in an F-35 …. and an Su-57 was even 500 miles away …. I'd get out of there
    for a start they are 500 mph faster and 10,000 ft higher …..
    = you are going to die ….. end of story

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:53 am

This topic has been discussed. The top view is a little misleading. The bottom view of the plane demonstrates that the fans could be partially seen. This was backed up by various evidence on this forum and elsewhere.

The Su-27 family have a grid that folds up in the air intake during normal flight but can cover the main air intake during landing and takeoff to stop foreign object damage while operations from rough airstrips... stuff like stones and dirt are deflected away from the intake by these grids.

When the aircraft gets airborne and FOD is no longer a threat the grids fold back into place leaving an open air intake.

Now such a thing will be needed for a stealth fighter too, just to protect from FOD, but such a grid panel could also be used in flight with only minor reductions in thrust levels to disperse any radar waves directed at the aircraft so they don't go straight in and come straight out.

Angled mesh could deflect the incoming radio waves 30 degrees to then zig zag down the air intake to the engine front fans and because of the angle of incidence those emissions will then reflect back zig zagging down the intake and out the grid grill structure.

Not only does it mean radio waves wont come in and go directly out giving a strong signal the angle changes means it will repeatedly reflect of the internal surface of the air intakes which will be coated in RAM... so a 5% signal reduction for each reflection... with 5 bounces going in, hitting the fan front which is also coated in RAM and likely made of ceramic material that doesn't reflect radar well anyway and then 5 more bounces to get out... that is 11 times it has 5% of the signal absorbed out of it and the emitted energy is redirected 30 degrees off boresight so the emitting radar will never get those returns...

Sounds like a simple easy to achieve system that would be more than effective enough for both RCS reduction and FOD protection.

They have also mentioned radar blockers previously that are designed to spin the incoming air for the engines that actually increase thrust slightly by creating a vortex effect that increases blade spin in flight...

National Interest are a bunch of idiots …. haven't spent one minute near a manufacturing facility
    … or reality …. the Russians will build at least 300 …

Have to agree on both counts... they are getting an amazing price... I am sure there are a few F-35 customers that are pissed off even more at the "deal" they are getting.

my favourite is the monumental wank about the US Navy "stealth attack" drones ….

Before that it was the A-12, which they didn't really want to fund on their own so they got convinced the F-35 was the solution.

The F-14 was the fighter and the F-18 was supposed to be the strike aircraft... but then they withdrew the F-14 and the F-18 got the role of fighter and the F-35 suddenly is supposed to be the strike aircraft... of course neither has the range of performance of the F-14 so the defence performance of the US carrier groups has dropped dramatically... which in the 1990s they explained was because there wasn't any major threat to US carriers any more... the backfires were no longer a problem.

Of course now with Backfires in the form of the Tu-22M3M with Kh-32, Kinzhal, and soon Zircon... they must be crapping themselves...

anyway, back to the Su-57
    if I was a pilot in an F-35 …. and an Su-57 was even 500 miles away …. I'd get out of there
    for a start they are 500 mph faster and 10,000 ft higher …..
    = you are going to die ….. end of story

Just wait until they start revealing their new AAMs... they have talked about one medium range upgrade of the R-77, but the 9M100 and the new long range missiles will be impressive too... and once they have scramjet powered missiles flying at 3km/s then the idea you could dodge a missile like in Hollywood movies will become and obvious joke to everyone...
    dino00
    dino00

Post  dino00 Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:06 pm

F-22 and F-35 vs PAK FA (Su-57)

On January 14, 2003, the first serial F-22 arrived at the Nellis Air Force Base (Nevada). Since then, disputes about what the fifth generation aircraft should be have not cease. The weekly Zvezda tried to figure it out.

Alexey Leonkov, military expert of the magazine "Arsenal of the Fatherland"

https://zvezdaweekly.ru/news/t/20197181136-4NN9e.html
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:30 pm

Russia launches serial production of Su-57 fifth-generation fighter jet

Russian top brass refutes reports on redeploying Su-57 fighter jets to Syria

MOSCOW, July 29. /TASS/. The Sukhoi Aircraft Company (part of Russia’s United Aircraft Corporation) has started to implement its contract for the delivery of Su-57 fifth-generation fighter jets to the country’s Aerospace Force, the office of Deputy Prime Minister Yuri Borisov told TASS on Monday.

"A state contract was signed at the Army 2019 international arms exhibition between the Defense Ministry of Russia and the Sukhoi Company for the delivery of a batch of Su-57 fifth-generation fighter jets. The Sukhoi has started to fulfil its contractual obligations," the vice-premier’s office reported.

The state contract envisages the delivery of 76 Su-57 fighter jets to Russia’s Aerospace Force.

As a result of the contract’s implementation, Russia’s Defense Ministry will get "the most advanced fifth-generation multirole fighter jet, which will boost the domestic Aerospace Force’s combat capabilities," the statement says.

The vice-premier’s office also confirmed the earlier-stated timeframe of delivering the first Su-57 plane to the Aerospace Force. "The first plane will be delivered to the customer before the end of 2019."

The Su-57 is a fifth-generation multirole fighter designed to destroy all types of air targets at long and short distances and hit enemy ground and naval targets, overcoming its air defense capabilities.

The Su-57 took to the skies for the first time on January 29, 2010. Compared to its predecessors, the Su-57 combines the functions of an attack plane and a fighter jet while the use of composite materials and innovation technologies as well as the fighter’s aerodynamic configuration ensure the low level of radar and infrared signature.

The plane’s armament will include, in particular, hypersonic missiles. The fifth-generation fighter jet has been successfully tested in combat conditions in Syria.

https://tass.com/defense/1070884
    dino00
    dino00

Post  dino00 Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:23 am

The Su-57 fighter will be shown for the first time at the MAKS-2019 static exposition

https://tvzvezda.ru/news/opk/content/201983257-T9xet.html
    d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Post  d_taddei2 Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:41 pm

George1 wrote:

Russia launches serial production of Su-57 fifth-generation fighter jet

Russian top brass refutes reports on redeploying Su-57 fighter jets to Syria

MOSCOW, July 29. /TASS/. The Sukhoi Aircraft Company (part of Russia’s United Aircraft Corporation) has started to implement its contract for the delivery of Su-57 fifth-generation fighter jets to the country’s Aerospace Force, the office of Deputy Prime Minister Yuri Borisov told TASS on Monday.

"A state contract was signed at the Army 2019 international arms exhibition between the Defense Ministry of Russia and the Sukhoi Company for the delivery of a batch of Su-57 fifth-generation fighter jets. The Sukhoi has started to fulfil its contractual obligations," the vice-premier’s office reported.

The state contract envisages the delivery of 76 Su-57 fighter jets to Russia’s Aerospace Force.

As a result of the contract’s implementation, Russia’s Defense Ministry will get "the most advanced fifth-generation multirole fighter jet, which will boost the domestic Aerospace Force’s combat capabilities," the statement says.

The vice-premier’s office also confirmed the earlier-stated timeframe of delivering the first Su-57 plane to the Aerospace Force. "The first plane will be delivered to the customer before the end of 2019."

The Su-57 is a fifth-generation multirole fighter designed to destroy all types of air targets at long and short distances and hit enemy ground and naval targets, overcoming its air defense capabilities.

The Su-57 took to the skies for the first time on January 29, 2010. Compared to its predecessors, the Su-57 combines the functions of an attack plane and a fighter jet while the use of composite materials and innovation technologies as well as the fighter’s aerodynamic configuration ensure the low level of radar and infrared signature.

The plane’s armament will include, in particular, hypersonic missiles. The fifth-generation fighter jet has been successfully tested in combat conditions in Syria.

https://tass.com/defense/1070884

this article gives this additional info on delivery. I hope they up production if not get 76 aircraft is going to take a looooooong time. lol

"According to local reports external link, Russia has started serial production of the Su-57 fifth-generation fighter jets. Sukhoi began to implement its contract for the delivery of the jets to the Russian Air Force. The deal entails delivery of 76 Su-57 fighter jets to Russia’s Aerospace Force. The first plane is scheduled to be delivered by the end of the year. The Russian Air Force was expected to receive two Su-57s prototypes by the end of 2019 and two more aircraft in 2020. The Su-57 is designed to destroy all types of air targets at long and short distances and hit enemy ground and naval targets, overcoming its air defense capabilities.

https://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/alliant-techsystems-to-produce-aargm-russia-starts-serial-production-of-su-57-india-buys-r-27-missiles-042683/?utm_campaign=newsletter&utm_source=did&utm_medium=headline&utm_term=Alliant_Techsystems_To_Produce_AARGM_%7C_Russia_Starts_Serial_Production_of_Su-57_%7C_India_Buys_R-27_Missiles
    Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:52 pm

dino00 wrote:The Su-57 fighter will be shown for the first time at the MAKS-2019 static exposition

https://tvzvezda.ru/news/opk/content/201983257-T9xet.html

Serial build or prototype ?

We may have a surprise for the first su-57 because su-27 was different from prototypes and pak fa were all different. The experiece in syria may have pushed them to improve some points. The su-57 may be a new design (well not different from pak fa but some changes can be expected).
    Gazputin

Su-57 Stealth Fighter: News #5 - Page 33 Empty no ...

Post  Gazputin Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:48 am

I said months ago … the Su-57 was in pilot build
    when you choose a "model no."
    you are freezing a spec ….

so the initial production variant as I said
    is in reality "Su-57-a0001"

it is an "A" …. no doubt
    A = current engine

this crap the Americans peddle is exactly that …

do you honestly believe that the F-35 being built now is a "-A0001" ? …. if you do …. sorry …. you are an idiot

every time you take your car in for service …. your model no. changes …. yes …. it does
    your BMW 1-series after electronic updates becomes a 1-00002 …. etc

same re planes …. do you really in your craziest thoughts think that every single F-15 in USA service are identical ?
    not eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevvvvven close ….. they are all ….. "engineering variants"
    forget about F-15A …. versus F-15C ….. I'd say very few F-15Cs are "identical"

this is the crap the USA Milplex produces …. its total crap ….

same re Su-57 …. first 15 can't launch hypersonic missiles
    first service … after 18 months …. yep updated …. can now do it … they will henceforth be called (in the workshop) … Su-57- A0002 ….
    you guys get it ?

I'll give you a rundown on the USA bullshit
    fighters were called "pursuit" P …. P-51
    "P" morphed into "F" for fighter
    Bombers = B
    blah blah

then they invented "A" attack …. light bomber

but when they invented the "stealth fighter" F-117
    yes … a "fighter" that had no air-to -air weapons
    why ? to make it sound sexy
    yes it should have been an A-117 ….

so if you translated …
    F-22 … yes it is an F-22 …. a fighter …. useless for bombing
    F-35 …. utter bullshit …. it is in fact an A-35 ….. a light bomber … yes it is

and if the Su-57 was American
    it would be an FA-57 …. fighter and attack plane ….

my point ? don't fall for the American bullshit …. they are terrified of this plane
    why do you think its been labelled 57 ? = "22 +35 = 57"
    FA = 22+35 = 57

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 6:01 am