Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+72
GarryB
Isos
thegopnik
SovietAce
BenVaserlan
gc3762
Krepost
Sprut-B
sepheronx
Rasisuki Nebia
pavi
william.boutros
xeno
mack8
Dr.Snufflebug
Begome
AlfaT8
zepia
caveat emptor
Big_Gazza
ALAMO
Werewolf
RTN
Tolstoy
Sujoy
Gazputin
Belisarius
flamming_python
lyle6
Stealthflanker
Swgman_BK
PeregrineFalcon
limb
Hole
George1
medo
AMCXXL
TMA1
magnumcromagnon
gmsmith1985
tanino
Flanky
galicije83
Podlodka77
LMFS
calripson
PapaDragon
mnztr
Jeremy Sun
Arkanghelsk
ult
owais.usmani
Backman
Atmosphere
miketheterrible
Bob Bollusc
Autodestruct
Arrow
Lennox
Scorpius
Cheetah
franco
Mir
Broski
dino00
kvs
Kiko
hoom
The-thing-next-door
marcellogo
JohninMK
Gomig-21
76 posters

Su-57 Stealth Fighter: News #8

Gomig-21
    Gomig-21

Su-57 Stealth Fighter: News #8 Empty Su-57 Stealth Fighter: News #8

Post  Gomig-21 Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:13 am

TMA1 wrote:I'm fiending for an su-57 fix. When tf are they going to show us some new ones dangit????

Take some, my friend.  I like to share.  Take your fill!

Su-57 Stealth Fighter: News #8 E-Xu7wxWEAc5gDV?format=jpg&name=medium

Su-57 Stealth Fighter: News #8 E_S9NUoXsAUUB24?format=jpg&name=medium

Su-57 Stealth Fighter: News #8 E_PU4lgXIAEX96m?format=jpg&name=medium

Su-57 Stealth Fighter: News #8 E9SNgDbX0AMYDfp?format=jpg&name=medium

Su-57 Stealth Fighter: News #8 E9r9ZZHWYAEu9Vv?format=jpg&name=medium

George1, zepia and TMA1 like this post

TMA1
    TMA1

Su-57 Stealth Fighter: News #8 Empty Re: Su-57 Stealth Fighter: News #8

Post  TMA1 Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:50 am

Gomig-21 wrote:
    TMA1 wrote:I'm fiending for an su-57 fix. When tf are they going to show us some new ones dangit????

Su-57 Stealth Fighter: News #8 E-Xu7wxWEAc5gDV?format=jpg&name=medium

Su-57 Stealth Fighter: News #8 E_S9NUoXsAUUB24?format=jpg&name=medium

Su-57 Stealth Fighter: News #8 E_PU4lgXIAEX96m?format=jpg&name=medium

Su-57 Stealth Fighter: News #8 E9SNgDbX0AMYDfp?format=jpg&name=medium

Su-57 Stealth Fighter: News #8 E9r9ZZHWYAEu9Vv?format=jpg&name=medium

Thanks bro for the kindness. It helps, but the need is still there. I guess I was too spoiled with the whole checkmate and maks event. Damn that was great.

GarryB and Gomig-21 like this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:50 pm

TMA1 wrote:
    Gomig-21 wrote:

Thanks bro for the kindness. It helps, but the need is still there. I guess I was too spoiled with the whole checkmate and maks event. Damn that was great.

You might be an addict but there was no need to repeat the photos!

GarryB, TMA1, Mir and Broski like this post

Gomig-21
    Gomig-21

Post  Gomig-21 Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:24 pm

Whoa!
    And another one that appears to be all dark with no trace of that digital camo.

Su-57 Stealth Fighter: News #8 FBQN6tFWEAE_F16?format=jpg&name=medium

TMA1 likes this post

TMA1
    TMA1

Post  TMA1 Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:18 am

Lovely

Gomig-21 likes this post

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:33 am

Normally I would agree with you John, but in this case on my screen the original photos did not display and just showed as text links, while TMA1s post shows them in their glory...

Please be aware that uploading photos is the way to go... note there is no limit... when you upload three and it says you can't upload any more once you have copied the links into your text you can delete them from the upload link and choose three more images to upload and link to.

Gomig-21 and TMA1 like this post

TMA1
    TMA1

Post  TMA1 Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:45 am

Haha oops. Sorry bros. Still gomig I am enjoying the occasional pic in this dry spell. Was getting dt's.

Gomig-21 likes this post

Gomig-21
    Gomig-21

Post  Gomig-21 Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:12 am

GarryB wrote:Normally I would agree with you John, but in this case on my screen the original photos did not display and just showed as text links, while TMA1s post shows them in their glory...

Yeah man what the heck, Gary?! They were in their glory for something like 5 days and then just links LOL! I think maybe Twitter did something with the pic links, either deleted them or something.

GarryB wrote:Please be aware that uploading photos is the way to go... note there is no limit... when you upload three and it says you can't upload any more once you have copied the links into your text you can delete them from the upload link and choose three more images to upload and link to.

Am I doing it wrong still bro? I've been posting pics this way since 2006! lol. You just take the image link, open the image link icon, insert the link where it tells you and post it. Some other forums I'm on all you have to do is click the image itself and copy it, then just past the image right into the quote box and it comes right up and last as long as the thread. Definitely the easiest way I've ever seen.

When you say "uploading photos", are you referring to uploading images from one's gallery? Honestly, that is a royal pain in the ass, Gary. That means you have to save each pic, look for it in your gallery (mine has 3 zillion pics in it lmfao) click on it to upload it then go back and delete it out of your gallery! Way too much work my friend and probably the reason why many don't post a lot of pics if that's the procedure you have to go through.

Anyway, the pics disappearing in that post and showing up only as links is the first time I've ever seen that happen. Hopefully it's the last.

TMA1 wrote:Haha oops. Sorry bros. Still gomig I am enjoying the occasional pic in this dry spell. Was getting dt's.

Oh my goodness, bro, don't even worry about it one bit. Glad you enjoy them. Not to go against John, but it might've been a good thing that you requoted the post with the pics in it since they disappeared from mine, but now they're still there because of your reposting!!! So you did the right thing by accident in this case loool. Hopefully we get a bunch of new stuff so not only you, but all of us snap out of this depressing lull we're in thanks to MAKS and the Checkmate just like you said. That was exactly what the doctor ordered man, except there was no label of severe withdrawal symptoms on the back of the bottle! Razz

JohninMK likes this post

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:36 am

Yeah man what the heck, Gary?! They were in their glory for something like 5 days and then just links LOL! I think maybe Twitter did something with the pic links, either deleted them or something.

The problem with hot linking to images on a website is that the address of the image can change which of course will stop your link from working.

That is why it is strongly recommended that you copy the images onto your computer and upload them to an image server and then link them that way... an image server is intended for the purpose of storing and making images available.

For instance hot linking an image you find on this website means if someone looks at the image where you hot linked it will access data from this site but wont actually visit this site nor load up any advertising that might be displayed... so storage is used but no traffic recorded or credit for advertising given.

In this case also if more information is added and the address of the image changes then the links stop working anyway.

When you say "uploading photos", are you referring to uploading images from one's gallery? Honestly, that is a royal pain in the ass, Gary. That means you have to save each pic, look for it in your gallery (mine has 3 zillion pics in it lmfao) click on it to upload it then go back and delete it out of your gallery! Way too much work my friend and probably the reason why many don't post a lot of pics if that's the procedure you have to go through.

When I find images I want to share I normally copy them to my desktop. To upload it you simply choose the image with a floppy disc icon and then click on select files, which opens up a dialog box that allows you to search your computer for the files... desktop for me or I might have saved the images in a particular folder that I can then find and select... note you can select up to 3 photos at once and upload them all at once... when you click on the file it shows you a view of what the image looks like so you don't have to recognise it just from the thumbnail.

Once you have uploaded them you can select the embed code (the middle of the three links it creates for each file) and once you have pasted them into your post you can delete them and post up to three more images. If you save the images to your desktop and just wanted to post them and not keep them you can drag and drop them into your rubbish bin and forget about them... once they are uploaded the link should continue to work.

John is quite correct and it is very annoying when members repost images or just enormous nested quotes from a dozen different people over and over, though this case was an exception... thank you John... but also thanks to TMA1 for the apology... every ones cooperation is appreciated.

JohninMK, Gomig-21 and TMA1 like this post

Gomig-21
    Gomig-21

Post  Gomig-21 Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:20 pm

GarryB wrote:

The problem with hot linking to images on a website is that the address of the image can change which of course will stop your link from working.

Is it strange that they stopped in my post but continued on TMA1's?  That's a bit bizarre.

GarryB wrote:
    That is why it is strongly recommended that you copy the images onto your computer and upload them to an image server and then link them that way... an image server is intended for the purpose of storing and making images available.

For instance hot linking an image you find on this website means if someone looks at the image where you hot linked it will access data from this site but wont actually visit this site nor load up any advertising that might be displayed... so storage is used but no traffic recorded or credit for advertising given.

In this case also if more information is added and the address of the image changes then the links stop working anyway.

When I find images I want to share I normally copy them to my desktop. To upload it you simply choose the image with a floppy disc icon and then click on select files, which opens up a dialog box that allows you to search your computer for the files... desktop for me or I might have saved the images in a particular folder that I can then find and select... note you can select up to 3 photos at once and upload them all at once... when you click on the file it shows you a view of what the image looks like so you don't have to recognise it just from the thumbnail.

Once you have uploaded them you can select the embed code (the middle of the three links it creates for each file) and once you have pasted them into your post you can delete them and post up to three more images. If you save the images to your desktop and just wanted to post them and not keep them you can drag and drop them into your rubbish bin and forget about them... once they are uploaded the link should continue to work.

John is quite correct and it is very annoying when members repost images or just enormous nested quotes from a dozen different people over and over, though this case was an exception... thank you John... but also thanks to TMA1 for the apology... every ones cooperation is appreciated.

Ugh, ok.  I do have an account with Imgur but it's packed!  Haven't used it in a while I'll have to check it's status.  Still better than clogging up one's laptop memory.  Thanks for the explanation.  This one is attached.

Su-57 Stealth Fighter: News #8 Su57li11

GarryB, medo, George1, Ghoster, zepia and TMA1 like this post

TMA1
    TMA1

Post  TMA1 Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:12 am

Sexy apex predator. F*** lions, tigers and bears. The only fifth gen with soul.

GarryB, zepia and Gomig-21 like this post

George1
    George1

Post  George1 Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:41 am

Over 70 Su-57 fighters to enter operational service with Russian troops by 2027 — Rostec

https://tass.com/defense/1349809

GarryB, par far, Big_Gazza, zepia, Gomig-21 and LMFS like this post

Gomig-21
    Gomig-21

Post  Gomig-21 Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:45 pm

Let's liven this thread, fellas!  Russian forum and a dedicated Su-57 thread and it seems like I'm the only one feeding it with pics.  This thread should be getting its ass kicked inside out and sideways with all the latest updates and photos and discussions.  

Some of those angles the pics are taken at show a very interesting aspect of the LEVCONs that I actually wasn't aware of before and makes their actuation much clearer to understand.  Since the plain that the hinges are on is not perpendicular to the fuselage and actually at an angle, once they fold down, they move away from the fuselage and when they fold back up, because of that angle, they end up tightening back close to the fuselage.  A neat thing to see.  Enjoy!

This first pic is the best!

Su-57 Stealth Fighter: News #8 4-jpeg

Su-57 Stealth Fighter: News #8 6-jpeg

Su-57 Stealth Fighter: News #8 9-jpeg

Su-57 Stealth Fighter: News #8 10-jpeg

Su-57 Stealth Fighter: News #8 11-jpeg

Su-57 Stealth Fighter: News #8 2-jpeg

Su-57 Stealth Fighter: News #8 13-jpeg

Su-57 Stealth Fighter: News #8 3-jpeg

Su-57 Stealth Fighter: News #8 5-jpeg

Su-57 Stealth Fighter: News #8 7-jpeg

Su-57 Stealth Fighter: News #8 8-jpeg

Su-57 Stealth Fighter: News #8 12-jpeg

Su-57 Stealth Fighter: News #8 14-jpeg

GarryB, George1, Arrow, dino00, Big_Gazza, tanino, PapaDragon and like this post

Gomig-21
    Gomig-21

Post  Gomig-21 Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:54 pm

The 3 prototypes and the only difference besides the paint that I can spot without too much effort is the stinger on the bottom aircraft is obviously different. Not sure which end is going to be on the final production model. I would think the same as the other first two, the more robust one which would hold a lot more necessary technologies. What do you guys think of that?

Su-57 Stealth Fighter: News #8 FCTbE87XsAI4Gq4?format=jpg&name=large

George1 likes this post

LMFS
    LMFS

Post  LMFS Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:07 pm

Article by Murakhovsky on the Su-57, it is quite long so better to check at the link:

https://arsenal-otechestva.ru/article/1512-su-57-esse-quam-videri

dino00 and Gomig-21 like this post

LMFS
    LMFS

Post  LMFS Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:10 pm

Gomig-21 wrote:The 3 prototypes and the only difference besides the paint that I can spot without too much effort is the stinger on the bottom aircraft is obviously different.  Not sure which end is going to be on the final production model.  I would think the same as the other first two, the more robust one which would hold a lot more necessary technologies.  What do you guys think of that?

The final production model is already flying for almost one year with the VKS. It was said before that the prototypes 10 and 11 would represent the final configuration, as it was indeed the case.

Gomig-21 likes this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:43 pm

If I remember correctly, the different tailcone was for spinning tests.

Gomig-21 likes this post

TMA1
    TMA1

Post  TMA1 Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:07 am

LMFS wrote:Article by Murakhovsky on the Su-57, it is quite long so better to check at the link:

https://arsenal-otechestva.ru/article/1512-su-57-esse-quam-videri

Interesting. So that is where those msm articles got the info about su-57 using weapons of a fundamentally new nature or whatever.  There was a citation (number 3) so I went to the bottom of the page and it was citing a paper discussing means of defending against a massive air attack against anti air systems. Hmm it must be some novel evolution of or even completely new form of EW attack

Edit: ffs I'm tired and had to make corrections

Gomig-21 likes this post

Gomig-21
    Gomig-21

Post  Gomig-21 Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:54 pm

LMFS wrote:The final production model is already flying for almost one year with the VKS. It was said before that the prototypes 10 and 11 would represent the final configuration, as it was indeed the case.

Good to know.  The one with the stinger -- while looks cool and very Soviet era-like -- it just doesn't seem right in the case of this fighter.  The full one seems to flow better with the shape of the fuselage and probably holds more "stuff" just based on its size.

This is so much better IMO.  Glad they decided on this perfectly fitting design.

Su-57 Stealth Fighter: News #8 ExWiVPTU8AIftry?format=jpg&name=900x900

Speaking of holding stuff, this is pretty neat how it shows the entire aircraft wrapped with the NO36 L-band radars for 360 degree coverage.  

Su-57 Stealth Fighter: News #8 Eb0lwVQUEAAFYo_?format=jpg&name=large
    marcellogo
    marcellogo

Post  marcellogo Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:21 pm

The one with a different stinger was the first prototype, that carried a second security chute for the very initial phase of tests.

From second one they went to normal arrangments.
    Those three are the first set of prototypes that remained in Konsomolsk.

zepia and Gomig-21 like this post

The-thing-next-door
    The-thing-next-door

Post  The-thing-next-door Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:27 pm

Gomig-21 wrote:

Speaking of holding stuff, this is pretty neat how it shows the entire aircraft wrapped with the NO36 L-band radars for 360 degree coverage.  

So it has 360 degree radar coverage?

If so I like where this is going.

Gomig-21 likes this post

hoom

Post  hoom Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:10 am

I still want to believe that its got one of the cheek arrays in the tail.
    The cross-section is nearly perfect for it but has been pretty consistently said to be some kind of dedicated ECM thing in there not a cheek array.

Gomig-21 likes this post

limb

Post  limb Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:17 pm

I'm desensitized to photos of the same old prototypes mundane flying. It was interesting  until 2019. It will be exciting when we see photos of a su-57 with 2 izd.30 engines, if there are HD pics of R-77Ms and its ram jet versions, and pics of it launching izd.810 long range AAMs. Also we still have 0 pics of the byelka radar dish and it's wing missile bays. It I'm patiently awaiting such photos.

Gomig-21 likes this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Fri Nov 05, 2021 7:34 pm

Su-57 Stealth Fighter: News #8 Fcjbri10

GarryB, George1, magnumcromagnon, zepia, Gomig-21 and SovietAce like this post

LMFS
    LMFS

Post  LMFS Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:02 pm

Su-57 Stealth Fighter: News #8 4128QzG

GarryB, franco, zepia, DerWolf, Gomig-21 and Mir like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:22 pm