Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+59
Strizh
x_54_u43
Kimppis
Rodinazombie
Project Canada
Bolt
Cucumber Khan
Siempre_Leal
OminousSpudd
Heartbeer
Monarchist
Cyberspec
Walther von Oldenburg
Stealthflanker
Algerian Major
VARGR198
Akula971
Zivo
marat
victor1985
zorobabel
Prince Darling
NationalRus
Manov
franco
Morpheus Eberhardt
Neutrality
ult
Book.
GarryB
d_taddei2
mack8
ultron
Shadåw
higurashihougi
ExBeobachter1987
Dima
Flyboy77
Vann7
iraqidabab
TheArmenian
max steel
flamming_python
Werewolf
Solncepek
medo
zg18
ShahryarHedayatiSHBA
Max Italy
par far
magnumcromagnon
sepheronx
KoTeMoRe
Khepesh
PapaDragon
JohninMK
mutantsushi
George1
HUNTER VZLA
63 posters

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1

sepheronx
    sepheronx

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1 - Page 5 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1

Post  sepheronx Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:56 am

Is there any actual evidence or just comments?

Cause sure sounds like MiG-31 comments that were denied.

As well, 7 tanks? Wouldnt it be far more adviseable for APC's and IFV (So BTR-82's and BMP-3's) to be present?
    Flyboy77
    Flyboy77

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1 - Page 5 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1

Post  Flyboy77 Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:12 am

sepheronx wrote:Is there any actual evidence or just comments?

Cause sure sounds like MiG-31 comments that were denied.

As well, 7 tanks? Wouldnt it be far more adviseable for APC's and IFV (So BTR-82's and BMP-3's) to be present?

Its been reported by a lot of News outlets. I believe the original source of the information was a Pentagon Spokesman though no photos yet. We'll have to wait and see.

They are reporting as total assists as T-90s, IFV or APC and Artillery.

sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:05 am

Like the evidence of Russia in Ukraine. Talk is cheap when the story is good. Until the evidence arrives, I will believe it 100%.

Although, as much as it would be music to my ears, they would need to step it up to more equipment than that.
    max steel
    max steel

Post  max steel Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:21 pm

Solncepek wrote:Moscow is sending an advanced anti-aircraft missile system to Syria, two Western officials and a Russian source said, as part of what the West believes is stepped-up military support for embattled President Bashar al-Assad.

The Western officials said the SA-22 system would be operated by Russian troops, rather than Syrians. The system was on its way to Syria but had not yet arrived.

"This system is the advanced version used by Russia and it's meant to be operated by Russians in Syria," said one of the sources, a Western diplomat who is regularly briefed on U.S., Israeli and other intelligence assessments.

Two U.S. officials separately confirmed the information. The second U.S. official said the United States had indications that, although the entire system had not arrived, some control system components for the SA-22 had been positioned at an airfield near Latakia, an Assad stronghold.

The second U.S. official said the system may be part of a Russian effort to bolster defenses at the airfield.

The Russian source, who is close to the Russian navy, said the delivery would not be the first time Moscow had sent the SA-22 system, known as Pantsir-S1 in Russian, to Syria. It had been sent in 2013, the source said.

"There are plans now to send a new set," the source said, without detailing how far along the process was.

However, the Western diplomat said the version of the SA-22 on its way to Syria was newer than previous missile systems deployed there.

Syrian officials could not be reached for comment.

The United States has been leading a campaign of air strikes in Syrian air space for a year, joined by aircraft from European and regional allies including Britain, France, Jordan and Turkey. U.S. forces operating in the area are concerned about the potential introduction of the weapon, the diplomat said.

Seeing how they mentioned the placement of an SA-22 I would not be surprised if the Russians are putting them there for the purposes of testing out their hardware on U.S. and coalition aircraft. By testing I do not mean shooting down aircraft, but measuring signatures of aircraft to improve weaponry.

magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:05 pm

Flyboy77 wrote:
    Russia sends artillery and tanks to Syria as part of continued military buildup

The source said the seven T-90s, Russia’s most modern service tank, arrived in Latakia in the past few days but had not been seen outside the airbase. The artillery was likely for airfield defence, the source said.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/sep/14/russia-sends-artillery-and-tanks-to-syria-as-part-of-continued-military-buildup

Heavy weapons been brought and set up to defend Latakia airbase.

T-90 the most modern Russian Tank lol? Suspect By 'service' do they mean in service? Technically T-14 is in service too, but just at the state trials stage before mass production, so lol no Guardian T-90's are not the most advanced Russian tanks in service. The Guardian strikes again with yet another poorly fact checked article (which seems like the norm for them), and I'm going to call BS on T-90's in Syria. The SAA needs BMPT's not MBT's.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:11 pm

This is totally the best time to test out BMPT-72. See how it performs.
    Dima
    Dima

Post  Dima Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:06 pm

Vann7 wrote:

This is more proof of Russian government incompetence.
    The Russian media RT is basically running the story of western media
    about the refugee crisis.. almost .. and does very little next to NOTHING
    to explain the world what is really happening..  

Videos like this for example.. if the Russian Government really had competent
    people on its media will be doing reports like this..

#RefugeeCrisis: What The Media Is Hiding, Help

and end copy/pasting what western media says.. Most of the refugees are not Syrians..
    but form countries that nato bombed and continue bombing.

I feel bad that Russia doesn't have a good English media outlet that has the editorial depth and teeth to shred to pieces the propaganda coming from the West. Russia has put all its eggs in one basket called RT which is toothless and a blunder. I watch it only coz I got no other option and every single day I wish it gets matured and grow some teeth.  

I watch all the western propaganda machines except the US ones which is unbearably boring and these are the propaganda outlets that Russian media have to handle and I admire these anti-Russian outlets editorial finesse - BBC, DW, France24, Al Jazeera....the last one if mistaken for BBC can be forgiven as too many faces are from BBC.
    Then there is NHK world, a fine broadcasting channel and like the Japanese no other option but to utter masters garbage.

CCTV English is no better, but better than RT, as their Western reporters who report for CCTV has got their own anti-Russian bias.
    medo
    medo

Post  medo Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:10 pm

sepheronx wrote:This is totally the best time to test out BMPT-72. See how it performs.

BMPT and TOS combination.
    Dima
    Dima

Post  Dima Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:58 pm

Wanted to post a lot, but keeping it short..

I dont know which thread I posted, but I did post that I want to see Russia having a strong military presence in Syria with full array of systems and I am personally happy to see the current events w.r.t to Russian military supplies to bolster its presence.

Few points I want to make regarding the 'current' events

1) Russian Govt finally decided to bolster its military presence in Syria (if it had not already decided/planned) could be due to the fact that US has started/have been targeting the Syrian military in the guise of action against their own creation called ISIL. This would have known to the Russian & Syrian govts but were not made public so as not to give a moral boost to the international terrorists fighting the Syrian Govt.  

2) Syria needs Russia and Russia needs to protect Syria from strikes by Israel and the US. Russia should go all the way to protect Syria which will deter the international terrorists from striking Syria at will and help wipe out the terrorist already fighting on the ground. This will send a strong signal all around the world that Russia is there to stand up against evil empires. Strength counts and showing it off where required does help and Russia shouldn't shy doing it. It will help Govts that want to get out of the US clutch to gain confidence and take independent decisions.

3) The recent increased international propaganda regarding Russian presence in Syria is just to put pressure on Russia to scale down its military buildup in Syria and not something they came to know last week or so. They just want to put Russia on the back foot and prevent Russia from creating a firm foothold in Syria and Mediterranean. A formidable Russian military presence with naval & airbase base in Syria in the Mediterranean region is a nightmare scenario for the US & Israel and NATO as a whole. Right now Russia might just be making it enough to protect Tartus & Latakia and the western front, but the eventual result should be a formidable Kaliningrad or Crimea in the Mediterranean. Russia should stop nothing short of it and help cleanse Syria of the international terrorist.
    ExBeobachter1987
    ExBeobachter1987

Post  ExBeobachter1987 Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:13 pm

Dima wrote:Right now Russia might just be making it enough to protect Tartus & Latakia and the western front, but the eventual result should be a formidable Kaliningrad or Crimea in the Mediterranean. Russia should stop nothing short of it and help cleanse Syria of the international terrorist.

No, it should not.
    The main purpose of the RAF is to protect Russian citizens and territory, not other distant countries.
    The military presence in Syria should remain limited.

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:26 pm

Dima wrote:
    Vann7 wrote:

and end copy/pasting what western media says.. Most of the refugees are not Syrians..

I feel bad that Russia doesn't have a good English media outlet that has the editorial depth and teeth to shred to pieces the propaganda coming from the West. Russia has put all its eggs in one basket called RT which is toothless and a blunder. I watch it only coz I got no other option and every single day I wish it gets matured and grow some teeth.  

I watch all the western propaganda machines except the US ones which is unbearably boring and these are the propaganda outlets that Russian media have to handle and I admire these anti-Russian outlets editorial finesse - BBC, DW, France24, Al Jazeera....the last one if mistaken for BBC can be forgiven as too many faces are from BBC.
    Then there is NHK world, a fine broadcasting channel and like the Japanese no other option but to utter masters garbage.

CCTV English is no better, but better than RT, as their Western reporters who report for CCTV has got their own anti-Russian bias.

www.russia-insider.com

It's very good, regularly rips Western media propaganda to shreds.

Plenty of smaller think-tanks, opinion websites, blogs, etc... which are referenced there (and on these forums too).

Sputnik News isn't bad either, they're like a less *****, more serious version of RT albeit they still do have a tongue in cheek sometimes.

RT is pretty much more about ratings nowadays than countering propaganda or promoting the Russian view in any serious manner. They fling the poo that sticks.
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:46 pm

flamming_python wrote:
    RT is pretty much more about ratings nowadays than countering propaganda or promoting the Russian view in any serious manner. They fling the poo that sticks.

More incompetence..  This is epidemic..
    Take a look at the latest report of RT media on Syria.. on the interview
    to President Assad. in moments when the west is trying to get consesus
    for removing Assad from power and bombing him.. "because of refugees"

The Imbecile journalist sent by Russian media.... goes and call the terrorist "opposition" .

and ends the report she says.. that Assad wants that Europes stop support.. [quote]

"What the Syrian government consider to be terrorist"... Neutral

So the Bitch is questioning Assad belief ..creating doubts in people about his claims.

I wish i could be there and slap the face of that journalist.. this is journalist terrorism..
    This is criminal what she did.. totally misleading people.. making it look like Assad is fighting
    Opposition ,and he calls them terrorist.. Please explain me flamming_python what the hell is wrong with the Russian Government media? Why they so mediocre?  Not only they dont cover Syria for a long time.. But when they go an interview Assad.. the so called journalist mislead
    people calling them Opposition..  This is exactly the propaganda line in the west.. That Assad
    is fighting opposition.. but this is a TOTAL LIE... Assad is fighting Armed GROUPS like ISIS and ALqaeda and other groups friendly to them.. that is criminals extremist .. that many of them are not even Syrians.. but Turkish ,Lybians Saudis.. so they are not opposition. the are terrorist.. and will be nice if that imbecile is Fired from her Job. RT media online do the same.. Is becoming total Garbage and junk... Copy/pasting what Western propaganda says..  It seems have been infiltrated by western Disinformation .. because there is no other way to explain
    their stupidity. This is journalism at it worse.and it had to be a British JOurnalist..the one with the bullshit..i have seen far better reports in CNN and FOX about Syria.. that this stupid report that RT released ..with that LIAR of the syrian conflict.

check at this ..by FOX news..

This is probably one of the best interview that discuss the Syrian conflict.. what people needs to know.. that US is on the side of ISIS and Alqaeda.. and it make is more interesting the fact that the interviewer was trying to manipulate the interview but failed...  and funny that it comes from American media.

do i need now to see FOX news .. to get facts from Syria? Neutral
    That no longer i can get from Russian media.. is a total disaster.. something is wrong there.. almost every week they release a report with similar bullshit. Report by the letter what Obama says about Syria..  but when Assad says something..does a clarification that this is how they call the "opposition" ..  RT Media calls now the Syrian Government.. "the Syrian regime"..  and now questioning the name terrorist..  No

IF it was by me.. and will fire that British bitch ... with a kick on the ass , and clean RT media from Bullshit journalist. .they are misleading people more and more frequently  with the Syrian Conflict.. in times Syria needs more international support.

Last edited by Vann7 on Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
    zg18
    zg18

Post  zg18 Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:11 pm

Russian troops in Syria

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1 - Page 5 TzHbwwl

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1 - Page 5 5Zw3LlU

Vann7

Post  Vann7 Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:22 pm

Looks more like Engineering company.. look the cables..
    They building an airbase.
    zg18
    zg18

Post  zg18 Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:26 pm

Vann7 wrote:

Looks more like Engineering company.. look the cables..
    They building an airbase.

R-149BMR - signals vehicle, equipped with R-168-100KA “Akveduk-100KA”, R-168-100U, R-163-25U, R-163-10V, and R-163-1V “Arbalet” HF/VHF radio sets, AVSK intercom, P-338 video system, AD-3,5U-28,5 generator, ASh-4 telescopic mast, AZI NVIS HF antenna and ShDA-50 Discone-type antenna.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BTR-80
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:10 pm

ExBeobachter1987 wrote:
    Dima wrote:Right now Russia might just be making it enough to protect Tartus & Latakia and the western front, but the eventual result should be a formidable Kaliningrad or Crimea in the Mediterranean. Russia should stop nothing short of it and help cleanse Syria of the international terrorist.

No, it should not.
    The main purpose of the RAF is to protect Russian citizens and territory, not other distant countries.
    The military presence in Syria should remain limited.

This!

Low risk-high reward aprroach is only one acceptable.

Give Syrians the tools and let them do their own work. Cleansing Syria or any place other than Russia from terrorists is not Russia's job.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:12 pm

zg18 wrote:Russian troops in Syria

They better not get Afghaned again... No
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:13 pm

I hope to see first battles of Russian troops against ISIS bastards
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:28 pm

PapaDragon wrote:

The hell is wrong with you?

I think you know much better than that.  Couple of guys driving around in a location somewhere in Syria, with a BTR-80 signals variant.  Could be near the airbase, cause lets face it, why would they place a single BTR signals in a dangerous area? lol.

The areas of location of the naval base and airfields are not close to the dangerous areas.  It would be very hard for someone to infiltrate it to blow themselves up.  Hence why majority of the suicide bombings in Syria are in the more dangerous areas like Damascus.

For me? God bless these soldiers. I really hope that Russia will provide the upmost support to Assad in his fight for the betterment of Syria.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:32 pm

sepheronx wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1 - Page 5 I.imgur.ctzHbwwl

I think you know much better than that.  Couple of guys driving around in a location somewhere in Syria, with a BTR-80 signals variant.  Could be near the airbase, cause lets face it, why would they place a single BTR signals in a dangerous area? lol.

The areas of location of the naval base and airfields are not close to the dangerous areas.  It would be very hard for someone to infiltrate it to blow themselves up.  Hence why majority of the suicide bombings in Syria are in the more dangerous areas like Damascus.

For me? God bless these soldiers.  I really hope that Russia will provide the upmost support to Assad in his fight for the betterment of Syria.

Don't go firebrand over nothing. I too want Russia to help Syrian Army exterminate those maggots. But I do not want them to go in head first. Russia's role should be to provide overwhelming firepower and logistics train. Syrians can handle the ground work. It is their backyard and their natural environment.

So that means generous use of naval and air power and long range artillery. And if by some chance need arises for Russian ground presence in combat then they should use stuff like TOS-1 as a primary and smallest tool of interaction with any suspected hostiles.

I know this pic is from someplace relatively safe. Good. If they ever have need to venture outside safe zone they better bring the heavy stuff and apply it copiously and repeatedly.

I am advising same thing that I believe NAF in donbass should do: keep safe and let enemy do most of the work for you.

Shoot to kill. No questions. No apologies. Ever.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:54 pm

PapaDragon wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1 - Page 5 I.imgur.ctzHbwwl

For me? God bless these soldiers.  I really hope that Russia will provide the upmost support to Assad in his fight for the betterment of Syria.

Don't go firebrand over nothing. I too want Russia to help Syrian Army exterminate those maggots. But I do not want them to go in head first. Russia's role should be to provide overwhelming firepower and logistics train. Syrians can handle the ground work. It is their backyard and their natural environment.

So that means generous use of naval and air power and long range artillery. And if by some chance need arises for Russian ground presence in combat then they should use stuff like TOS-1 as a primary and smallest tool of interaction with any suspected hostiles.

I know this pic is from someplace relatively safe. Good. If they ever have need to venture outside safe zone they better bring the heavy stuff and apply it copiously and repeatedly.

I am advising same thing that I believe NAF in donbass should do: keep safe and let enemy do most of the work for you.

Shoot to kill. No questions. No apologies. Ever.

OK. I get it. Sorry for over-reaction.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:09 am

Dima wrote:
    Vann7 wrote:

You cant go wrong with these sites then:

http://journal-neo.org/

http://orientalreview.org/

http://www.strategic-culture.org/

magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:29 am

A good read, written by Pepe Escobar:

Make bombs, not refugees

Another good read, by the Vineyard Saker:

Why Russia Military Won't Intervene in Syria or Anywhere Else
    Flyboy77
    Flyboy77

Post  Flyboy77 Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:56 am

magnumcromagnon wrote:
    Flyboy77 wrote:
    Russia sends artillery and tanks to Syria as part of continued military buildup

The source said the seven T-90s, Russia’s most modern service tank, arrived in Latakia in the past few days but had not been seen outside the airbase. The artillery was likely for airfield defence, the source said.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/sep/14/russia-sends-artillery-and-tanks-to-syria-as-part-of-continued-military-buildup

Heavy weapons been brought and set up to defend Latakia airbase.

T-90 the most modern Russian Tank lol? Suspect By 'service' do they mean in service? Technically T-14 is in service too, but just at the state trials stage before mass production, so lol no Guardian T-90's are not the most advanced Russian tanks in service. The Guardian strikes again with yet another poorly fact checked article (which seems like the norm for them), and I'm going to call BS on T-90's in Syria. The SAA needs BMPT's not MBT's.

Well they are right, service means that it's in active service with the Russia army. The T-14 Armata is still being tested so it's not in active service.

The T-90 are be deployed to protect Russia's operation at Latakia's Airport. They are not for the Syrian Army.

Would also love to see the BMPT in action but it hasn't been order by the Russian army or by Syria yet.
    ExBeobachter1987
    ExBeobachter1987

Post  ExBeobachter1987 Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:12 am

Flyboy77 wrote:The T-90 are be deployed to protect Russia's operation at Latakia's Airport. They are not for the Syrian Army.

If any T-90 are deployed in Syria. Anonymous US sources should not be trusted blindly.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:44 am