Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1

    Share
    avatar
    magnumcromagnon

    Posts : 4469
    Points : 4628
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1

    Post  magnumcromagnon on Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:05 pm

    Militarov wrote:
    magnumcromagnon wrote:
    Militarov wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Militarov wrote:
    Khepesh wrote:Iran gives permission for Russian flights over it's territory to Syria. Not unexpected, so now we wait for the first attempt to take one down over Iraq, and the reaction.

    Hmm, so that means Iraqs airspace shall be used, wonder what US will have to say about that, i even expect them to try forcing Iraqi officials to deny passage to Russian lifters, but lets see. Wonder from where will lifters start delivering aid from Russia making pauses in Iran (flying over Caspian sea) or they shall use infrastructure of CIS members and just use Iranian airspace.

    Iraq denying help to its current number one foreign supplier? Yeah right.

    US influence is basically without limits in Iraq thats what i am afraid of, and even if they do not allow Russians to use their airspace Russians will still sell them anything they want coz that is how politics work.

    "Without limits"...Is that why the Iraqi govt. still maintains close ties with Iranians? Or that they're using "aid" from the U.S. to fill Russian pockets with arms sales?

    US does not care about that basically, thats why its not being "sanctioned" in any way, they had what they wanted from Iraq already, pulled troops out and now they use their influence only when really needed to achieve some goals, sticking finger in Russian eyes sounds good enough, however Iraq they even used as proxy to do some deals with Iranians, never underestimate Muricans. I hope tho that US wont start pressure on Iraq over this, Syria needs those supplies. And that "aid" from the US they are paying with their oil, they are buying certain equipment from Russia due to some older generals that still have influence and that majority of their equipment is still of USSR origin, i suppose price has its weight too.

    Well your wrong, if they didn't 'care' about US aid spent on Russian arms then U.S. Congress wouldn't of tried to block it in Afghanistan, trying to prevent Afghan troops from acquiring more Mi-8/17's over flimsy reasoning. You honestly believe U.S. neocons spent a $1 trillion in Iraq, just to willingly allow the Iranians to have influence there lol?
    avatar
    Militarov

    Posts : 5943
    Points : 5978
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1

    Post  Militarov on Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:02 pm

    Well your wrong, if they didn't 'care' about US aid spent on Russian arms then U.S. Congress wouldn't of tried to block it in Afghanistan, trying to prevent Afghan troops from acquiring more Mi-8/17's over flimsy reasoning. You honestly believe U.S. neocons spent a $1 trillion in Iraq, just to willingly allow the Iranians to have influence there lol?

    US Congress tried to block F16 sale to Iraq too... i dont see how is that relevant in this case, US could get money from Iraq back via oil and other shady jobs, in Afganistan they cant get the money back, thats the big catch. Iran does not really have any significant influence in Iraq, more like common understanding with gov there, Iraqi politicians are basically handpicked by the US, why would they bite the hand that feeds them. When its about weapon bought by the Iraq, only small fraction of armaments obtained post 2004. are of Russian origin, maybe in total value 10-15%, no need for US to do anything about that especially due to fact they badly needed that equipment and US does not have such equipment to deliver or does not want to. I am refering to fact they did not like idea of delivering AH64D to Iraq and they do not have cheap MLRS or heavy flamethrower systems to sell at all, so naturally Mi35/28 and TOS1 were selected.


    Last edited by Militarov on Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:30 am; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    Max Italy

    Posts : 16
    Points : 19
    Join date : 2014-06-29
    Age : 51
    Location : Veneto, Italy

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1

    Post  Max Italy on Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:12 am

    usually I don't trust this site (DEBKA), so I ask you: do you think that "flight number one" over Iran and Iraq already happened?

    http://www.debka.com/article/24875/Russia-eludes-US-ban-on-NATO-airspace-by-roundabout-route-to-Syria-via-Iraq-and-Iran-



    avatar
    zg18

    Posts : 883
    Points : 955
    Join date : 2013-09-26
    Location : Zagreb , Croatia

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1

    Post  zg18 on Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:03 am

    Russian special forces practice in Tartous , Syria



    avatar
    Militarov

    Posts : 5943
    Points : 5978
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1

    Post  Militarov on Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:34 am

    Max Italy wrote:usually I don't trust this site (DEBKA), so I ask you: do you think that "flight number one" over Iran and Iraq already happened?

    http://www.debka.com/article/24875/Russia-eludes-US-ban-on-NATO-airspace-by-roundabout-route-to-Syria-via-Iraq-and-Iran-




    This is first report of such kind that i saw, so its probably not true, but you never know.

    ShahryarHedayatiSHBA

    Posts : 427
    Points : 476
    Join date : 2014-09-26
    Age : 34

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1

    Post  ShahryarHedayatiSHBA on Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:54 am

    Russia said to get Iran's clearance for Syria-bound flights

    MOSCOW (AP) — Iran has granted permission for Russian planes to fly over its territory en route to Syria, Russian news agencies said Wednesday, a bypass needed after Bulgaria refused overflights amid signs of a Russian military buildup in Syria that has concerned the U.S. and NATO.


    The news agencies quoted Maxim Suslov, spokesman for the Russian Embassy in Tehran, as saying it has received Iranian permission for Syria-bound flights. After Bulgaria rejected Moscow's overflight request for Sept. 1-24, a path via Iran and Iraq appeared to be the only one left, as Russia apparently sought to avoid flying over Turkey, which in 2012 grounded a Syria-bound plane carrying radar parts from Moscow.

    The controversy over the Russian flights comes amid signs of increased Russian military presence in Syria. Moscow, which has backed Syrian President Bashar Assad throughout the nation's 4½-year civil war, said its military experts are in the country to train its military to use Russian weapons.

    Russian Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova accused the West of creating "strange hysteria" over Russian activities in Syria, saying that Moscow has been openly supplying weapons and sending military specialists there for a long time.

    "Russia has never made a secret of its military-technical cooperation with Syria," she said, adding she could "confirm and repeat once again that Russian military specialists are in Syria to help them master the weapons being supplied."

    President Vladimir Putin and other Russian officials have sought to cast arms supplies to Assad's regime as part of international efforts to combat the Islamic State group and other militant organizations in Syria.

    Putin hasn't ruled out a bigger role. Asked Friday if Russia could deploy its troops to Syria to help fight IS, he said "we are looking at various options."

    By playing with the idea of joining the U.S.-led coalition fighting IS, Putin may hope to reset ties with the West, which have been shattered by the Ukrainian crisis, and also protect Moscow's influence in Syria, where it has a navy base. But the U.S. and its allies have seen Assad as the cause of the Syrian crisis, and Washington has warned Moscow against beefing up its presence.

    U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry spoke to Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov on Wednesday for a second time in five days. U.S. State Department spokesman John Kirby said Kerry "reiterated our concern about these reports of Russia military buildup," adding if they are true, it could lead "lead to greater violence and even more instability" in Syria.

    Indicating a continuing rift, the Russian Foreign Ministry said that Lavrov on the call emphasized Syrian government troops' role in confronting extremist groups and the need to take consolidated action.

    On Wednesday, NATO Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg also said the alliance is concerned about reports about Russia's increased military presence in Syria. He didn't offer details.

    A U.S. defense official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because he wasn't authorized to publicly discuss the issue, said the U.S. has seen the Russians fly a variety of military assets into the airfield south of the Syrian city of Latakia, including troops capable of protecting Russian forces there and modular housing units. He said it indicated that the Russians are preparing for some sort of air operations. The official said he was unaware of any evidence that Russian forces have conducted any offensive military operations in Syria.

    Another U.S. official briefed on the latest intelligence declined to confirm or deny whether Russian troops have participated in military operations in Syria. However, he said, U.S. intelligence agencies have assessed that Russia's deployment of military personnel and weapons to Syria reflect growing concern about Assad's ability to weather opposition gains — and it suggests that Moscow may be willing to intervene directly on Assad's behalf.

    Russia's military involvement raises a number of concerns, the U.S. official said, especially because it does not appear to be coordinated with the other countries operating in the area. It is not clear what Russia intends to actually do, he said.

    One Lebanese politician said on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the issue that some Russian forces already have taken part in some small-scale operations in Syria, possibly paving way for broader military action against IS, including airstrikes, in the future. He provided no details, and other Lebanese politicians contested the claim, saying the Russians haven't joined the fray yet.

    Another Lebanese politician familiar with the issue, who spoke on condition of anonymity because he wasn't in a position to publicly discuss the subject, said there are Russian experts and, possibly, pilots, in Syria, but no full-fledged fighting force yet.

    "There are experts and there are also crews for advanced equipment," he said. "They have no fighting forces on the ground."

    "Russia is a partner in the war," the politician added. "Russia from the beginning told several officials, including Lebanese, that defending Damascus is like defending Moscow. It will do what is needed."

    Hisham Jaber, a retired Lebanese army general familiar with the Syrian military, also said Russian military experts have been in Syria for a long time.

    "Every time Syria gets new weapons, Russian experts come to train them (Syrians) on these weapons," Jaber said. "Because of current situation in Syria, these experts need protection and special forces are in Syria to protect advanced weapons and to protect the Russian experts who train Syrians. There are plans to build a military air base in the coastal town of Jable."

    Jaber said the Syrian coast is a "red line for the regime and the Russians," and it's threatened now after the fall of the northwestern town of Jisr al-Shughour earlier this year into the hands of al-Qaida fighters and their allies. Over the past weeks, militants have shelled the coastal city of Latakia. Jisr al-Shughour is only 50 kilometers (30 miles) away.

    "The Russians will not allow the fall of the Syrian coast because of the naval base and the planned air base," Jaber said.

    "Until this moment, there are no Russian forces fighting on the ground," he added. "There are experts everywhere, who sometimes give advice in operations rooms to Syrian forces."

    Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Sergey Ryabkov criticized Washington for refusing to cooperate with the Syrian government in the fight against the IS.

    "The basis for action of the U.S.-led anti-IS coalition is flawed, because it should at the very least involve cooperation with the countries on whose turf this battle is being fought," he said, according to Russian news agencies. "When our American colleagues manage to understand that there are global problems that can't be solved without Russia, we will be able to cooperate."

    http://defence.pk/forums/iranian-defence-forum.152/
    avatar
    KoTeMoRe

    Posts : 3988
    Points : 4007
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:36 am

    Militarov wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Militarov wrote:
    Khepesh wrote:Iran gives permission for Russian flights over it's territory to Syria. Not unexpected, so now we wait for the first attempt to take one down over Iraq, and the reaction.

    Hmm, so that means Iraqs airspace shall be used, wonder what US will have to say about that, i even expect them to try forcing Iraqi officials to deny passage to Russian lifters, but lets see. Wonder from where will lifters start delivering aid from Russia making pauses in Iran (flying over Caspian sea) or they shall use infrastructure of CIS members and just use Iranian airspace.

    Iraq denying help to its current number one foreign supplier? Yeah right.

    US influence is basically without limits in Iraq thats what i am afraid of, and even if they do not allow Russians to use their airspace Russians will still sell them anything they want coz that is how politics work.

    Iraq has a no bond policy with the US since Al Maliki. They were told not to buy Russian, they did. They were told not to seek Iranian help and Russian help, they did. The US influence in Iraq actually is almost dead. They are forced to help Iraq in order to stall the way of "liberation" some of the Shia Iraqi hardlinders want for Salahudin and An Bar. I personally have no doubt that if the US knew it could stop those planes going through Iraq, it would have done so. Opening that dilemma to the Iraqi government, means basically all the Sistani levers go full anti-Great Satan and Al Anbar receives Saddam treatment Karma edition. It's one thing to have influence, it's another to play with otherpeaoples's balls. Especially since the Shi'ites are a majority. Worse, Kurds are also pissed off by the way the US is helping Turkey kill other Kurds.  So remember, when you think you have all the aces on your hands, you probably are being cheated. That's the US position right now in Iraq.

    On the other side, the Nowshar route has been standart for mil supply since the late 2012. You can check flighttrackers and Russians go there everytime they need to send fast fret. It's ridiculous to think Russians are being outsmarted by a half obese 50+ year former communist albanian. If a dumbfuck like me can think of that, Russians have probably whole cities built for this in that path.



    Pay attention to the crossing point in Iran. Check what I told you. Communists never change clown
    avatar
    Militarov

    Posts : 5943
    Points : 5978
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1

    Post  Militarov on Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:56 am

    Iraq has a no bond policy with the US since Al Maliki. They were told not to buy Russian, they did. They were told not to seek Iranian help and Russian help, they did. The US influence in Iraq actually is almost dead. They are forced to help Iraq in order to stall the way of "liberation" some of the Shia Iraqi hardlinders want for Salahudin and An Bar. I personally have no doubt that if the US knew it could stop those planes going through Iraq, it would have done so. Opening that dilemma to the Iraqi government, means basically all the Sistani levers go full anti-Great Satan and Al Anbar receives Saddam treatment Karma edition. It's one thing to have influence, it's another to play with otherpeaoples's balls. Especially since the Shi'ites are a majority. Worse, Kurds are also pissed off by the way the US is helping Turkey kill other Kurds.  So remember, when you think you have all the aces on your hands, you probably are being cheated. That's the US position right now in Iraq.

    On the other side, the Nowshar route has been standart for mil supply since the late 2012. You can check flighttrackers and Russians go there everytime they need to send fast fret. It's ridiculous to think Russians are being outsmarted by a half obese 50+ year former communist albanian. If a dumbfuck like me can think of that, Russians have probably whole cities built for this in that path.



    Pay attention to the crossing point in Iran. Check what I told you. Communists never change clown

    Actually they were advised not to, however when sh*t started hitting fan they simply bought what was available and US kinda did not care anymore, actually i am even sure US paid directly for some of Russian equipment, they were forbidden to obtain Kornet and RPG29 for years by the US coz of fears Kornets might end up being used aganist their own M1s (by third party ofc), and whoala late autumn 2014. we see Kornets in Iraqi hands, that they obtained during that year. What i am saying is that US has alot of tools in their hands to force Iraq to do whatever they are pleased, if they really want or care to. I said i hope they wont.

    I am well aware that common people and quite a piece of Iraqi politicians do not like US, actually big part of their military thinks nothing good about US (this i had chance to witness myself during my service when Iraqi officers in training were using same building as us) but influence, money, threats... you know i was trying to say very well.
    avatar
    KoTeMoRe

    Posts : 3988
    Points : 4007
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:05 am

    Militarov wrote:
    Iraq has a no bond policy with the US since Al Maliki. They were told not to buy Russian, they did. They were told not to seek Iranian help and Russian help, they did. The US influence in Iraq actually is almost dead. They are forced to help Iraq in order to stall the way of "liberation" some of the Shia Iraqi hardlinders want for Salahudin and An Bar. I personally have no doubt that if the US knew it could stop those planes going through Iraq, it would have done so. Opening that dilemma to the Iraqi government, means basically all the Sistani levers go full anti-Great Satan and Al Anbar receives Saddam treatment Karma edition. It's one thing to have influence, it's another to play with otherpeaoples's balls. Especially since the Shi'ites are a majority. Worse, Kurds are also pissed off by the way the US is helping Turkey kill other Kurds.  So remember, when you think you have all the aces on your hands, you probably are being cheated. That's the US position right now in Iraq.

    On the other side, the Nowshar route has been standart for mil supply since the late 2012. You can check flighttrackers and Russians go there everytime they need to send fast fret. It's ridiculous to think Russians are being outsmarted by a half obese 50+ year former communist albanian. If a dumbfuck like me can think of that, Russians have probably whole cities built for this in that path.



    Pay attention to the crossing point in Iran. Check what I told you. Communists never change clown

    Actually they were advised not to, however when sh*t started hitting fan they simply bought what was available and US kinda did not care anymore, actually i am even sure US paid directly for some of Russian equipment, they were forbidden to obtain Kornet and RPG29 for years by the US coz of fears Kornets might end up being used aganist their own M1s (by third party ofc), and whoala late autumn 2014. we see Kornets in Iraqi hands, that they obtained during that year. What i am saying is that US has alot of tools in their hands to force Iraq to do whatever they are pleased, if they really want or care to. I said i hope they wont.

    I am well aware that common people and quite a piece of Iraqi politicians do not like US, actually big part of their military thinks nothing good about US (this i had chance to witness myself during my service when Iraqi officers in training were using same building as us) but influence, money, threats... you know i was trying to say very well.

    Which is pretty sensible. There's no bad call from you. But the issue is that those flights have been taking place since three years ago. And the US knew full well they were taking place. There's another issue. MLost of the hardware will go through the Bosphorus. Turkey can't close it because that means unchecked fret from Russia to Iran and then Syria. This little game is just PR.
    avatar
    JohninMK

    Posts : 5980
    Points : 6045
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1

    Post  JohninMK on Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:10 am

    Not really news but it got into the Russian press and Sputnik today.

    MOSCOW (Sputnik) – Russia supplies Syrian government forces with firearms, grenade launchers and armored personnel carriers

    Read more: http://sputniknews.com/middleeast/20150910/1026805286.html#ixzz3lKDfkYN6


    edit. Sorry put this in wrong thread. Moved it to the other one.
    avatar
    Militarov

    Posts : 5943
    Points : 5978
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1

    Post  Militarov on Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:13 pm

    KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Militarov wrote:
    Iraq has a no bond policy with the US since Al Maliki. They were told not to buy Russian, they did. They were told not to seek Iranian help and Russian help, they did. The US influence in Iraq actually is almost dead. They are forced to help Iraq in order to stall the way of "liberation" some of the Shia Iraqi hardlinders want for Salahudin and An Bar. I personally have no doubt that if the US knew it could stop those planes going through Iraq, it would have done so. Opening that dilemma to the Iraqi government, means basically all the Sistani levers go full anti-Great Satan and Al Anbar receives Saddam treatment Karma edition. It's one thing to have influence, it's another to play with otherpeaoples's balls. Especially since the Shi'ites are a majority. Worse, Kurds are also pissed off by the way the US is helping Turkey kill other Kurds.  So remember, when you think you have all the aces on your hands, you probably are being cheated. That's the US position right now in Iraq.

    On the other side, the Nowshar route has been standart for mil supply since the late 2012. You can check flighttrackers and Russians go there everytime they need to send fast fret. It's ridiculous to think Russians are being outsmarted by a half obese 50+ year former communist albanian. If a dumbfuck like me can think of that, Russians have probably whole cities built for this in that path.



    Pay attention to the crossing point in Iran. Check what I told you. Communists never change clown

    Actually they were advised not to, however when sh*t started hitting fan they simply bought what was available and US kinda did not care anymore, actually i am even sure US paid directly for some of Russian equipment, they were forbidden to obtain Kornet and RPG29 for years by the US coz of fears Kornets might end up being used aganist their own M1s (by third party ofc), and whoala late autumn 2014. we see Kornets in Iraqi hands, that they obtained during that year. What i am saying is that US has alot of tools in their hands to force Iraq to do whatever they are pleased, if they really want or care to. I said i hope they wont.

    I am well aware that common people and quite a piece of Iraqi politicians do not like US, actually big part of their military thinks nothing good about US (this i had chance to witness myself during my service when Iraqi officers in training were using same building as us) but influence, money, threats... you know i was trying to say very well.

    Which is pretty sensible. There's no bad call from you. But the issue is that those flights have been taking place since three years ago. And the US knew full well they were taking place. There's another issue. MLost of the hardware will go through the Bosphorus. Turkey can't close it because that means unchecked fret from Russia to Iran and then Syria. This little game is just PR.

    Yeah those flights existed actually for long time, delivering certain goods to Tartus at first, later to help out Syrians, however today with all this situation in Ukraine and Crimea idk... US might want to flex its muscles over it even tho they might even damage own reputation. But we shall see what happens hopefully nothing.
    avatar
    zg18

    Posts : 883
    Points : 955
    Join date : 2013-09-26
    Location : Zagreb , Croatia

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1

    Post  zg18 on Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:30 pm

    Airport near Syrian city of Latakia being expanded as we speak



    avatar
    Militarov

    Posts : 5943
    Points : 5978
    Join date : 2015-09-02
    Location : Serbia

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1

    Post  Militarov on Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:45 pm

    "Yatsenyuk said during a meeting with his Slovak counterpart Robert Fico that Ukraine would not let Russian aircraft with humanitarian supplies to war-torn Syria use the country's airspace. He said that he ordered a Ukrainian state company that services the country's air traffic to strengthen control over any flights of Russian aircraft to Syria. "The airspace for these [Russian] aircraft [flying to Syria] over the territory of Ukraine is closed; and the airspace over neutral waters is now controlled in a special way," Yatsenyuk said in Bratislava. Moscow has yet to comment on the move made by Kiev. However, since 2014 Russia has not been using Ukrainian airspace for transit air operations." Source and rest of the article: http://sputniknews.com/europe/20150910/1026826111.html

    Ukraine is like that guy in your class that is trying to impress teacher "Hey, hey i did my homework too".
    avatar
    KoTeMoRe

    Posts : 3988
    Points : 4007
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:08 pm

    zg18 wrote:Airport near Syrian city of Latakia being expanded as we speak




    This means Ru...Syrian Pilots are about to become a lot more proficient in their strikes. All weather, N/D capability will currently cause huge headaches especially to US trained forces. You know a convoy in the night is any convoy in the night pirat They need to weed out the Two big cells that recieve weapons and info from the US. Clear them out of SOuthern Syria. And instill some sense to Jordan. Filthy son of a bitch Hussein needs to get the point.

    par far

    Posts : 1690
    Points : 1863
    Join date : 2014-06-26

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1

    Post  par far on Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:44 pm

    Do you guys think that Russia will do air strikes inside Syria using Russian air force fighter jet?
    avatar
    medo

    Posts : 3317
    Points : 3401
    Join date : 2010-10-24
    Location : Slovenia

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1

    Post  medo on Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:00 pm

    par far wrote:Do you guys think that Russia will do air strikes inside Syria using Russian air force fighter jet?

    I doubt, if they send some pilots, they will fly Syrian Su-24M and MiG-29 planes. I think, they are expanding Latakia airport to provide more supplies through the air, or when Syria will fall, to evacuate as much Syrian soldiers as possible I think Syria will fall to ISIS and NATO next year and even Russian and Iranian help could not prevent it. Syrian army is running out of everything, specially troops and on the other side is a whole NATO and gulf monarchies. As Vanga said, Syria will fall at the feet of the winner, but this will not be the winner. After the fall of Syria, big war between east and west will start. Anyway, fall of Syria will bring destruction to Europe and this will start next year. Those refugees are not all refugees.

    par far

    Posts : 1690
    Points : 1863
    Join date : 2014-06-26

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1

    Post  par far on Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:04 pm

    medo wrote:
    par far wrote:Do you guys think that Russia will do air strikes inside Syria using Russian air force fighter jet?

    I doubt, if they send some pilots, they will fly Syrian Su-24M and MiG-29 planes. I think, they are expanding Latakia airport to provide more supplies through the air, or when Syria will fall, to evacuate as much Syrian soldiers as possible I think Syria will fall to ISIS and NATO next year and even Russian and Iranian help could not prevent it. Syrian army is running out of everything, specially troops and on the other side is a whole NATO and gulf monarchies. As Vanga said, Syria will fall at the feet of the winner, but this will not be the winner. After the fall of Syria, big war between east and west will start. Anyway, fall of Syria will bring destruction to Europe and this will start next year. Those refugees are not all refugees.


    I don't think Russia and Iran will let Syria fall because Russia and Iran know that if Syria falls, then Russia and Iran are next.And why would they expand the airport if they knew that Syria was going to fall. Gulf monarchies are involved in a lot of wars(Iraq, Yemen and Syria) and with the price of oil going down, it will be interesting to see how long they will go on with this, NATO on the other hand will cause problems. You don't have to wait for Syria to fall to have a big war between the East and the West, it is already happening, Ukraine, Syria, Iraq, sanctions on Russia, attack on Chinese stock markets, NATO creating tensions in the South China sea, Afghanistan, this is already a big war between the East and the West and if Russia and Iran let Syria fall then they have just lost a big portion of that war. Russia has increased the amount of equipment that is being taken into Syria and the West is clearing panicking(just see the west news papers) and I don't think all the equipment that Russia is sending into Syria is humanitarian aid(most of it is military aid) and Russia is sending in soldiers and Iran is sending in their troops and Shia militants from Iraq, so they are planning something big.
    avatar
    medo

    Posts : 3317
    Points : 3401
    Join date : 2010-10-24
    Location : Slovenia

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1

    Post  medo on Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:44 pm

    par far wrote:
    medo wrote:
    par far wrote:Do you guys think that Russia will do air strikes inside Syria using Russian air force fighter jet?

    I doubt, if they send some pilots, they will fly Syrian Su-24M and MiG-29 planes. I think, they are expanding Latakia airport to provide more supplies through the air, or when Syria will fall, to evacuate as much Syrian soldiers as possible I think Syria will fall to ISIS and NATO next year and even Russian and Iranian help could not prevent it. Syrian army is running out of everything, specially troops and on the other side is a whole NATO and gulf monarchies. As Vanga said, Syria will fall at the feet of the winner, but this will not be the winner. After the fall of Syria, big war between east and west will start. Anyway, fall of Syria will bring destruction to Europe and this will start next year. Those refugees are not all refugees.


    I don't think Russia and Iran will let Syria fall because Russia and Iran know that if Syria falls, then Russia and Iran are next.And why would they expand the airport if they knew that Syria was going to fall. Gulf monarchies are involved in a lot of wars(Iraq, Yemen and Syria) and with the price of oil going down, it will be interesting to see how long they will go on with this, NATO on the other hand will cause problems. You don't have to wait for Syria to fall to have a big war between the East and the West, it is already happening, Ukraine, Syria, Iraq, sanctions on Russia, attack on Chinese stock markets, NATO creating tensions in the South China sea, Afghanistan, this is already a big war between the East and the West and if Russia and Iran let Syria fall then they have just lost a big portion of that war. Russia has increased the amount of equipment that is being taken into Syria and the West is clearing panicking(just see the west news papers) and I don't think all the equipment that Russia is sending into Syria is humanitarian aid(most of it is military aid) and Russia is sending in soldiers and Iran is sending in their troops and Shia militants from Iraq, so they are planning something big.  

    Problem for Russia and Iran regarding Syria is, that they have no ground border contact with it. Syria is surrounded by enemy states, which could simply cut supply routes. NATO could bloch Russian supplies through Bospor for ships and through Turkey, Bulgaria and Greece for planes. NATO also control Iraqi air space and here is the main problem. Russian and SCO only option to bring peace and stop this mess is to start operation from Iran, with which they have ground contact.
    avatar
    Khepesh

    Posts : 1667
    Points : 1736
    Join date : 2015-04-22
    Location : Ахетатон и Уасет

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1

    Post  Khepesh on Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:30 pm

    Russia has warned that an area of the sea between the Syrian coast and out towards Cyprus will be a danger zone for aircraft as the Russian navy will be conducting live missile firing exercises between September 8 and 13, and again between September 30 and October 7. The exercises will be conducted in a 40 km radius centered on an area 70 km to the west of Tartus. https://news.mail.ru/politics/23262553/
    avatar
    Max Italy

    Posts : 16
    Points : 19
    Join date : 2014-06-29
    Age : 51
    Location : Veneto, Italy

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1

    Post  Max Italy on Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:32 pm

    Khepesh wrote:Russia has warned that an area of the sea between the Syrian coast and out towards Cyprus will be a danger zone for aircraft as the Russian navy will be conducting live missile firing exercises between September 8 and 13, and again between September 30 and October 7. The exercises will be conducted in a 40 km radius centered on an area 70 km to the west of Tartus. https://news.mail.ru/politics/23262553/

    really interesting!
    I guess if it's just "flexing muscles"...or something unexpected is going to happen... attack

    mutantsushi

    Posts : 282
    Points : 304
    Join date : 2013-12-11

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1

    Post  mutantsushi on Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:45 pm

    Not sure why people think Iraq might block Russian air transport.
    AFAIK, a few years back the US made a stink about Iranian transport thru Iraqi air space.
    Iraq never did stop it, I think at one point they stopped one flight, showed it was civilian aid,
    and didn't bother stopping any more. The idea of US dictat being a legit reason to stop a flight is silly,
    the US is defacto at war with these countries after all, so it isn't neutral, and it is known to lie whenever it wants.
    Similarly there was cases of "Iranian arms smuggling to Hezbollah(Leb)" that were shown to be blatant fraud by Israel.
    (as they used out-of-date shipping forms... once revealed, the case was quietly dropped, no consequences for Israel)

    The idea that the US is still in the game re: influencing Iraq is certainly true, especially when you consider Iraqi politics,
    conflict of Soleimani/Abadi/Hashd, and the apparent ongoing US influence vis-a-vis "holding back" "Shia militia from Anbar etc.
    (despite them fighting in other "Sunni areas" and not having problems, in fact abuses more often come from government allied Sunni tribal militia)
    But that doesn't mean Iraq will just start taking decisions that directly go against it's interests, and at this point,
    there interests in defeating Takfiris is 100% aligned with Syria, even if they may not personally love Assad etc.

    Besides, any fool would know that having multiple partners and options is preferable, being Uncle Sam's bitch doesn't really help long term.
    It's pretty clear that countries like Bulgaria are following the US' tune so closely because the US is blackmailing their corrupt leaders,
    which is unsurprising considering the US' global surveillance network and history of collusion with criminal factors e.g. Latin America...
    You see the US doing a few "global" prosecutions that are very questionably within it's jurisdiction to say the least,
    but with the obvious scale of global corruption, it's obvious they have to know of 10x the amount of corruption but aren't publicizing it...
    Because obviously it's more useful to keep those people on their leash. That goes for Eastern and Western Europe.
    Remember the recent Polish Civic Platform corruption scandal, supposedly leaked by Rus intelligence?
    If US didn't know about that, they are incompetent. unshaven
    avatar
    magnumcromagnon

    Posts : 4469
    Points : 4628
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1

    Post  magnumcromagnon on Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:49 pm

    Max Italy wrote:
    Khepesh wrote:Russia has warned that an area of the sea between the Syrian coast and out towards Cyprus will be a danger zone for aircraft as the Russian navy will be conducting live missile firing exercises between September 8 and 13, and again between September 30 and October 7. The exercises will be conducted in a 40 km radius centered on an area 70 km to the west of Tartus. https://news.mail.ru/politics/23262553/

    really interesting!
    I guess if it's just "flexing muscles"...or something unexpected is going to happen... attack

    Actually there has been talks of British and French jets being sent to bomb ISIS in Syria, but as well as removing Assad from power, just a coincidence?
    avatar
    KoTeMoRe

    Posts : 3988
    Points : 4007
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:49 pm

    mutantsushi wrote:Not sure why people think Iraq might block Russian air transport.
    AFAIK, a few years back the US made a stink about Iranian transport thru Iraqi air space.
    Iraq never did stop it, I think at one point they stopped one flight, showed it was civilian aid,
    and didn't bother stopping any more.  The idea of US dictat being a legit reason to stop a flight is silly,
    the US is defacto at war with these countries after all, so it isn't neutral, and it is known to lie whenever it wants.
    Similarly there was cases of "Iranian arms smuggling to Hezbollah(Leb)" that were shown to be blatant fraud by Israel.
    (as they used out-of-date shipping forms... once revealed, the case was quietly dropped, no consequences for Israel)

    The idea that the US is still in the game re: influencing Iraq is certainly true, especially when you consider Iraqi politics,
    conflict of Soleimani/Abadi/Hashd, and the apparent ongoing US influence vis-a-vis "holding back" "Shia militia from Anbar etc.
    (despite them fighting in other "Sunni areas" and not having problems, in fact abuses more often come from government allied Sunni tribal militia)
    But that doesn't mean Iraq will just start taking decisions that directly go against it's interests, and at this point,
    there interests in defeating Takfiris is 100% aligned with Syria, even if they may not personally love Assad etc.

    Besides, any fool would know that having multiple partners and options is preferable, being Uncle Sam's bitch doesn't really help long term.
    It's pretty clear that countries like Bulgaria are following the US' tune so closely because the US is blackmailing their corrupt leaders,
    which is unsurprising considering the US' global surveillance network and history of collusion with criminal factors e.g. Latin America...
    You see the US doing a few "global" prosecutions that are very questionably within it's jurisdiction to say the least,
    but with the obvious scale of global corruption, it's obvious they have to know of 10x the amount of corruption but aren't publicizing it...
    Because obviously it's more useful to keep those people on their leash.  That goes for Eastern and Western Europe.
    Remember the recent Polish Civic Platform corruption scandal, supposedly leaked by Rus intelligence?  
    If US didn't know about that, they are incompetent.  unshaven

    Basically this.
    avatar
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 6849
    Points : 6949
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1

    Post  PapaDragon on Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:33 am

    medo wrote:
    par far wrote:Do you guys think that Russia will do air strikes inside Syria using Russian air force fighter jet?

    I doubt, if they send some pilots, they will fly Syrian Su-24M and MiG-29 planes. I think, they are expanding Latakia airport to provide more supplies through the air, or when Syria will fall, to evacuate as much Syrian soldiers as possible I think Syria will fall to ISIS and NATO next year and even Russian and Iranian help could not prevent it. Syrian army is running out of everything, specially troops and on the other side is a whole NATO and gulf monarchies. As Vanga said, Syria will fall at the feet of the winner, but this will not be the winner. After the fall of Syria, big war between east and west will start. Anyway, fall of Syria will bring destruction to Europe and this will start next year. Those refugees are not all refugees.

    Could we have situation where aircrafts (su-34), ground crews and command staff are Russian but pilots themselves are Syrian?

    par far

    Posts : 1690
    Points : 1863
    Join date : 2014-06-26

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1

    Post  par far on Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:27 am

    PapaDragon wrote:
    medo wrote:
    par far wrote:Do you guys think that Russia will do air strikes inside Syria using Russian air force fighter jet?

    I doubt, if they send some pilots, they will fly Syrian Su-24M and MiG-29 planes. I think, they are expanding Latakia airport to provide more supplies through the air, or when Syria will fall, to evacuate as much Syrian soldiers as possible I think Syria will fall to ISIS and NATO next year and even Russian and Iranian help could not prevent it. Syrian army is running out of everything, specially troops and on the other side is a whole NATO and gulf monarchies. As Vanga said, Syria will fall at the feet of the winner, but this will not be the winner. After the fall of Syria, big war between east and west will start. Anyway, fall of Syria will bring destruction to Europe and this will start next year. Those refugees are not all refugees.

    Could we have situation where aircrafts (su-34), ground crews and command staff are Russian but pilots themselves are Syrian?



    Could be, are Syrian pilots trained on a aircraft like SU 34?

    Sponsored content

    Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #1

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:38 pm