Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+21
PhSt
lyle6
Arkanghelsk
Isos
Scorpius
PapaDragon
TMA1
Mir
ALAMO
Belisarius
Stealthflanker
Gomig-21
Big_Gazza
higurashihougi
sepheronx
GarryB
Atmosphere
Hole
Arrow
lancelot
thegopnik
25 posters

Su-57 Stealth Fighter: News #9

Gomig-21
    Gomig-21

Su-57 Stealth Fighter: News #9 - Page 4 Empty Re: Su-57 Stealth Fighter: News #9

Post  Gomig-21 Tue Jun 11, 2024 4:11 am

Isos wrote:US had 180 f-22 and is mass producing f-35. Russia has plans to buy 76 su-57. This ukro attacks is deadlier for Russia than the hurrican for the US.

I tell ya, you're a brave man to criticize Russian military shortcomings, even constructively like you do on this board with some of these fellas that'll jump so ugly on you it's frightening looool.  But good for you because guess what, it's not all peaches and roses what we're seeing here and if people can't take any constructive criticism and put emotions aside, then that's their problem and that seems to be the way you go about it.  Especially when one brings in any analogy to the US.  It's like a death sentence around here lol.  

Isos wrote:It's a joke they haven't moved all their expensive stuff accross the Urals. Not the first time ukros tried such attacks in the rears and succeded more than once. I remember than A-50U almost destroyed by a dumb drone in Belarussia.

I even looked at the map just to see where this happened and Akhtubinsk Air Base is located 365 miles from the nearest Ukranian front lines.  From a glance it seems like a good distance even from even the border, let alone the front lines.  So in a sense, they weren't parked close and actually at a decent distance from any fighting, and they did take good precautions with the netting cage.  But the fact that something still reached there is a bit disconcerting.

Isos wrote:Next target will for sure be Yasen, Gorshkov or Borei. They are steping up the level of targets because russian red lines are worth nothing.

I suppose the other criticism that could be leveled on Russian defenses is knowing how vaunted its radar & surveillance systems are, accompanied by the world's best ADS imaginable, at least that would certainly prevent any heavy attack in the form of cruise missiles and certainly ballistic ones.  The problem is quite obviously these smaller, annoying but potentially lethal drones.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Su-57 Stealth Fighter: News #9 - Page 4 Empty Re: Su-57 Stealth Fighter: News #9

Post  GarryB Tue Jun 11, 2024 7:02 am

So there were others

Being Akhtubinsk my first assumption is that these are prototypes

Well that image proves it does it not?

Look closely... the one that has been supposedly hit clearly has a cage structure over it.

The other aircraft in the screen shot don't have cages.

So we are to believe that a Ukrainian drone operator flew his drone through heavily contested Russian airspace and when he reached the target airfield saw three Su-57s just sitting there and tried to hit the one sitting inside a metal cage designed to protect it from drone attacks.

If this image is real all it proves is how fucking stupid Ukrainian drone operators are, and because it is not real it proves how gullible the western audience and other people can be.

It seems we are all easily set off and that is what they are trying to take advantage of... some pouring water on the flames and some pouring petrol.... each with their own agenda of course.

sepheronx, Hole, Scorpius and Belisarius like this post

Stealthflanker
    Stealthflanker

Post  Stealthflanker Tue Jun 11, 2024 8:36 am

PhSt wrote:I'm wondering, what kind of guidance system do these cheap drones have? While its true that it missed its target, its still pretty close, a couple of meters away from the intended target, not bad for a cheap drone.

Now, if these cheap drones can be used to target parked Russian aircraft, perhaps we can say that proper strike drones like the Geran-2 can inflict a much more formidable and widespread damage to Ukrainian airbases, but since Russia doesn't show Spy sat photos, then Ukraine and its NATO sponsors can pretend that nothing got hit and promote this narrative to the general public Rolling Eyes

Why wonder ? GPS my man.. GPS. Especially now there exist multiple options like Beidou and Galileo. You can turn any drones into cruise missile with that. It also available 24/7.

lancelot likes this post

TMA1
    TMA1

Post  TMA1 Tue Jun 11, 2024 8:50 am

Yeah and along with our intelligence assets which we give to Uukrainians we guide the Ukrainians by how we dispense this intel, to who, at what times, and of course high ups which "suggest" certain options specifically. Never been a proxy war that has come so dangerously close outright world war.

These brazen provoking attacks will get worse as fear grows here amongst our leadership and in Ukraine. I am concerned we might soon see not just attacks on high profile targets like these su-57 or early warning radars or long range bombers but directly against silos and mobile launchers and ssbns.

owais.usmani likes this post

Arrow

Post  Arrow Tue Jun 11, 2024 8:53 am

s but directly against silos and mobile launchers and ssbns. wrote:

Russian silos can survive even a nuclear explosion, so good luck.
    Very Happy

GarryB and zardof like this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Tue Jun 11, 2024 9:45 am

Arrow wrote:

Russian silos can survive even a nuclear explosion, so good luck.
    Very Happy

Hardly.
    Those can survive a certain degree of pressure, being an equivalent of a certain nuclear yeld detonated in a certain distance.
    With increasing accuracy yeld decreases, so a silo that was built to deal with 1MT in 1km radius can be taken out by 150kT hitting 100m away.

owais.usmani likes this post

Mir
    Mir

Post  Mir Tue Jun 11, 2024 11:05 am

Arkanghelsk wrote:Su-57 Stealth Fighter: News #9 - Page 4 Img_5716

Very interesting pic indeed.
    Why would they "target" the sole aircraft covered in a mesh hanger but not the other seemingly unprotected ones?
    I think this is all horseshit.

Worst scenario - they probably did some tests on the mesh hanger to check durability - with none of the aircraft in close proximity at the time.

sepheronx, xeno, Gomig-21, Hole and Belisarius like this post

lyle6
    lyle6

Post  lyle6 Tue Jun 11, 2024 11:20 am

Arkanghelsk wrote:

There are planes to the left and right of the one which got hit

Obviously it’s the same image

Coping is a stressful job , but relax bro your not the one responsible for any of this Laughing

What planes? The ones that are perfectly intact with maybe dirt smudges on the tarmac 10m away? Razz

You're a fucking retard.

GarryB, xeno, Hole and Belisarius like this post

Mir
    Mir

Post  Mir Tue Jun 11, 2024 11:39 am

Just a reminder.

This is what a "damaged" plane looks like during drone attacks - they burn!! Shocked

Su-57 Stealth Fighter: News #9 - Page 4 Mig31s10

sepheronx, GarryB, Gomig-21, lancelot and Belisarius like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Tue Jun 11, 2024 12:34 pm

Let me get this straight, brothers.
    The whole story of a damaged/destroyed Su-57 centers around some black marks on the tarmac?
    Seriously?  Suspect
    They are most likely from the engines of a plane.
    Those small structures behind the planes are jet blast deflectors, movable ones, because the
    parking positions of planes can change from time to time.

sepheronx, GarryB, Big_Gazza, zardof, Scorpius and Belisarius like this post

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Wed Jun 12, 2024 1:22 am

Worst scenario - they probably did some tests on the mesh hanger to check durability - with none of the aircraft in close proximity at the time.

Actually that is another possible explaination... they had a metal cage around an Su-57... it might be a very early prototype or even a 1:1 scale mockup and they launched their own drones at the target on an actual airfield to test the effectiveness of the cage in protecting the aircraft.

The US saw this and took advantage to pretend it was an Orc attack.

There is no evidence that shows the Orcs had anything to do with this... satellite photos of aircraft are easy to acquire... the west will have a whole library of them.

The Russians are testing drone and anti drone systems all the time.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Wed Jun 12, 2024 1:24 am

But smoothbrains here are as bad as telegram.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Wed Jun 12, 2024 1:28 am

I tell ya, you're a brave man to criticize Russian military shortcomings, even constructively like you do on this board with some of these fellas that'll jump so ugly on you it's frightening looool.

Brave has nothing to do with it, there are no consequences to having a different opinion on this forum, unlike any western forum I have ever been on where any comment about Putin that is not negative can get a ban.

People jump on idiots saying stupid things.

In this case... Russia will only have 76 heavy 5th gen fighters... at a time when France has how many 5th gen fighters?

They have sent all their artillery and cruise missiles to Kiev and it barely caused a ripple despite being the best in the world I seem to remember.

Now France equips the nazis of Kiev with Mirage jet fighters.

How apt for the Ghost of Kiev to fly a Mirage... how many hundred will it take to turn the tide?

They might send 6.

flamming_python and Hole like this post

Gomig-21
    Gomig-21

Post  Gomig-21 Wed Jun 12, 2024 3:11 am

GarryB wrote:
    I tell ya, you're a brave man to criticize Russian military shortcomings, even constructively like you do on this board with some of these fellas that'll jump so ugly on you it's frightening looool.

Brave has nothing to do with it, there are no consequences to having a different opinion on this forum, unlike any western forum I have ever been on where any comment about Putin that is not negative can get a ban.

Wasn't referring to forum consequences. I was talking about getting piled on and sometimes with filthy & disgusting insults for exactly that, having a difference of opinion.

GarryB wrote:People jump on idiots saying stupid things.

Yeah but Gary, come on, calling someone a fucking retard and everyone else fucking niggers might be juuuuuuuuuuuust a little bit over the top. But hey, if you're ok with that, then I hope you're ok with someone replying in kind. Problem with that is then a great forum become a clusterfuck of gumbalufguf, if you know what I mean. Anyhoo...

GarryB wrote:In this case... Russia will only have 76 heavy 5th gen fighters... at a time when France has how many 5th gen fighters?

They have sent all their artillery and cruise missiles to Kiev and it barely caused a ripple despite being the best in the world I seem to remember.

Now France equips the nazis of Kiev with Mirage jet fighters.

How apt for the Ghost of Kiev to fly a Mirage... how many hundred will it take to turn the tide?

They might send 6.

lol, very true. Even if it's just six, now that Nazienski told the world that the F-16s and these supposed Mirage 2ks will be stationed in Romania and other 'collaborating' countries,' what a perfect opportunity for the RuAF to plan brilliant aerial operations and send 4 Su-57s to & through those liable countries undetected and surprise-bomb the living hell out of those parked Falcons and whatever military logistical assets it deems necessary to show these criminals that collaborating with the enemy is effectively an act of war, just like Putin said the other day. He has every right to attack those assets and countries aiding in the war against Russia that's just a no-brainer.

Then people will be wondering what ghost penetrated their airspace undetected under their noses and created that much damage and watch how freaked out they'll be. More importantly, the benefit that would give the Su-57. What a perfect opportunity.
    Gomig-21
    Gomig-21

Post  Gomig-21 Wed Jun 12, 2024 3:15 am

Mir wrote:
    Arkanghelsk wrote:Su-57 Stealth Fighter: News #9 - Page 4 Img_5716

Why would they "target" the sole aircraft covered in a mesh hanger but not the other seemingly unprotected ones?
    I think this is all horseshit.

You know what it looks like to me? The burnt-out filament of an incandescent lightbulb! I wonder if it wasn't just an electrical shortage that happen to run through that mesh or whatever it is and fried it. Then spy satellites picked it up and sailed with the story of it being hit.

I think everyone could see there wasn't any damage to the aircraft, even though it was hard to tell for sure. But there was something weird about the mesh netting. And why just that one parking spot like you said?

Hole and Mir like this post

Atmosphere
    Atmosphere

Post  Atmosphere Wed Jun 12, 2024 3:33 am

How much do you guys think that the very sharp wing sweep contributes to its supersonic characteristics? Its the only fifth gen that goes that deep into minimising the washed frontal area.
    Su-57 Stealth Fighter: News #9 - Page 4 Su-57-10

zardof and Gomig-21 like this post

Mir
    Mir

Post  Mir Thu Jun 13, 2024 2:07 pm

In the jet era the quest for more speed coincided with the swept angle of the wing - so yes it does play a critical part in the ability to fly at supersonic speed.
    Atmosphere
    Atmosphere

Post  Atmosphere Thu Jun 13, 2024 10:41 pm

Mir wrote:In the jet era the quest for more speed coincided with the swept angle of the wing - so yes it does play a critical part in the ability to fly at supersonic speed.

What is impressive is their ability to make a design that combines high load bearing surfaces while having lower frontal drag, two usually contradicting parameters.
    Look at the F-35 and 22, as well as J-20, with due respect their engineers of course, they have wider spread wings yet have an overall lower lifting surface area, plus the fact that the Su-57 is really flat and thin in comparison, thus having lower weight.
    They airframe of the Su-57 is overall a very well thought out design.

Big_Gazza and lancelot like this post

lancelot
    lancelot

Post  lancelot Fri Jun 14, 2024 12:06 am

The Su-57 is an extremely well though over design. The Su-35 and Su-57 programs are exemplary. In the Su-35 they took the Flanker design to the extreme, with modern avionics, composite fuselage, modern engines with TVC. With the Su-57 they used the base Su-35 avionics and engine in the initial prototypes, made a whole new modern airframe design with LEVCONs, then modernized the avionics AGAIN and next will be the engines.

Russia made a spiral development program for developing 5th generation fighters with remarkably few development issues thus far compared with the US programs. You have to remember that Russia lost like a decade of development due to the collapse of the Soviet Union. And historically they were often behind the US in fighter aircraft design with few exceptions (like the MiG-25 or the Su-27 which were superior to US fighters of same era).

The only Western fighter with TVC is still the F-22 and that uses just 2D TVC at that.

The latest retarded drivel I have heard is that the Su-57 is "not really 5th gen" because it uses underslung engines like the Su-27. If that is the case then the F-22 was just a "stealthy F-15" with similar side mounted engines. And "not really 5th gen" either.

sepheronx, Big_Gazza, Hole, Mir and Belisarius like this post

Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

Post  Tsavo Lion Fri Jun 14, 2024 1:00 am

..Even if it's just six, now that Nazienski told the world that the F-16s and these supposed Mirage 2ks will be stationed in Romania and other 'collaborating' countries,' what a perfect opportunity for the RuAF to plan brilliant aerial operations and send 4 Su-57s to & through those liable countries undetected and surprise-bomb the living hell out of those parked Falcons and whatever military logistical assets it deems necessary ..
    I doubt they'll risk losing some Su-57s & pilots, or any other planes for that matter, in such a raid; the Iskanders from Crimea & Calibers from ships/subs, besides ALCMs/Kinzhals can do it better & for a lot le$$.

lancelot likes this post

Arrow

Post  Arrow Fri Jun 14, 2024 6:49 am

And historically they were often behind the US in fighter aircraft design with few exceptions (like the MiG-25 or the Su-27 which were superior to US fighters of same era). wrote:

And now, even though it was a decade behind schedule, it is ahead of the US in terms of the fifth-generation fighter. Taking into account the technical aspects and the perfection of the entire structure. Russia caught up and overtook its main competitor.
    Mir
    Mir

Post  Mir Fri Jun 14, 2024 10:41 am

lancelot wrote:
    The latest retarded drivel I have heard is that the Su-57 is "not really 5th gen".

They are quite correct - the Su-57 is a 5th++ gen stealth fighter Laughing
    Seriously though the Su-57's huge development potential has only just started - it will most likely be developed into a full 6th gen.

Gomig-21, Hole, lancelot and Belisarius like this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Fri Jun 14, 2024 10:49 am

Mir wrote:
    lancelot wrote:
    The latest retarded drivel I have heard is that the Su-57 is "not really 5th gen".

They are quite correct - the Su-57 is a 5th++ gen stealth fighter Laughing
    Seriously though the Su-57's huge development potential has only just started - it will most likely be developed into a full 6th gen.

I am not sure why are you even discussing those Anglosaxon farts Laughing

There is only one thing that really bothers me, and that is a fact that castration of Europe continuous.
    Having two great platforms to start with - EF and Rafale - they have bend over and procured shitty F-35 instead of a common Eurofighter 2.0 or something.
    Operating much more capable planes for two decades, they have backward only to please their overseas masters.
    It is sick.

Big_Gazza, Hole, lancelot and Belisarius like this post

Mir
    Mir

Post  Mir Fri Jun 14, 2024 10:54 am

Western Europe has been trying for decades to kill their own MIC - they are finally succeeding. It makes uncle Sam very happy.

sepheronx, ALAMO and Belisarius like this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Fri Jun 14, 2024 10:57 am

Mir wrote:Western Europe has been trying for decades to kill their own MIC - they are finally succeeding. It makes uncle Sam very happy.

The most absurd part of this story is Germany.
    Having great potential MIC, they made a lot of efforts to pretend it does not exist.
    n political level, because "it is not nice to have such a murderous business".
    It used to be part of Die Gruene formal position for at least a decade.

lancelot likes this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 3:29 am