Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+67
diabetus
Big_Gazza
DerWolf
higurashihougi
Stealthflanker
famschopman
Krepost
Erk
ludovicense
0nillie0
owais.usmani
Regular
Lapain
PhSt
par far
VARGR198
zorobabel
sundoesntrise
limb
andalusia
thegopnik
Sujoy
SeigSoloyvov
zare
nomadski
Arkanghelsk
GunshipDemocracy
ahmedfire
Ispan
Godric
sepheronx
kvs
Arrow
Serberus
Mir
Scorpius
Walther von Oldenburg
Sprut-B
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
Backman
d_taddei2
Eugenio Argentina
Belisarius
PapaDragon
Kiko
ucmvulcan
Manov
Firebird
Podlodka77
TMA1
Odin of Ossetia
lyle6
mr_hd
calripson
dionis
franco
mnztr
marcellogo
Rodion_Romanovic
flamming_python
ALAMO
GarryB
Hole
JohninMK
11E
Isos
Broski
71 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #43

Belisarius

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #43 - Page 29 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #43

Post  Belisarius Wed May 31, 2023 5:42 pm

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #43 - Page 29 Img_2293
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #43 - Page 29 Img_2292
    The building of the Main Intelligence Directorate of the Armed Forces of Ukraine in Kyiv after the missile attack.

GarryB, flamming_python, Big_Gazza, kvs, GunshipDemocracy, Sprut-B, Hole and like this post

Arrow

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #43 - Page 29 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #43

Post  Arrow Wed May 31, 2023 6:17 pm

GarryB, d_taddei2, kvs, Godric, GunshipDemocracy, zardof, owais.usmani and Broski like this post

Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Wed May 31, 2023 6:57 pm

Hard to tell what kind of missile that is, but does not appear to be a Patriot missile.
    Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Wed May 31, 2023 7:00 pm

It's a pretty big missile. Probably patriot. At fast speed the shapes will not be really representative.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Wed May 31, 2023 7:12 pm

mr_hd wrote:Attack yesterday on Moscow was not done with microdrones. That was newest Ukranian drone type - only few pictures exist till now on internet, it has 4m wing span, it is not known how much range it has or payload etc... Attack was very successful. First Ukraine wanted to send message - so they send drones during day, second they are aware of Moscow air dafence, so causing large damage was not intention, it was rather message to Putin: look we can bring war to Moscow and other parts of Russia on our own wish. So it will not be only Ukrainian cities on receiving side. Still Ukraine must be cautious since many in West still do not approve attacks on Russian soil. But as conflicts drags on we will see huge rise of Ukrainian uavs, different models and types, some will have reach more than 1000km. So far this war was uav and artillery war. Today we Ukraine atacked refinery in southern russia, russia is too large country so there will be always paths to find through air defence and Ukraine knows this and will use it more and more for targets iit decides have value for them. There were days when Russia had to shoot 50 drones in one day so productuon in ukraine is growing exceprionally well too...

In response to another Patriot destroyed, their military intelligence HQ, 5 aircraft, and a bunch of other military targets - they've hit what, a couple of residential highrises in Moscow?

What is the message supposed to be?
    That they're ready to conduct terrorist attacks with some new drone that's useless for doing anything but that?

And I don't believe it's some new uber-drone or that it's produced in the Ukraine but I don't have any information one way or the other. This 'bringing war to Moscow' crap was already done with the assassination of Daria Dugina and this attack is as 'demoralizing' as that one was. Which is to say it's not. Only serves to show everyone that these people are turning to terrorism and can't be negotiated with.

GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs, GunshipDemocracy, Rodion_Romanovic, zardof, Sprut-B and like this post

Podlodka77
    Podlodka77

Post  Podlodka77 Wed May 31, 2023 7:55 pm

To UCMVULCAN...

Cheers to you bro.. thumbsup
    I have no problem with honest people no matter where those people are from.
    As far as I understand, you are also American or have been living and working in the USA for a long time. Anyway, that information did NOT bother me.
    People differ in customs, life habits, standard of living, but honesty must come first.

I am a BIG opponent of violent regime changes and violent phenomena in the first place of Nazism and Bolshevism in the second place.
    I can't stand the term "Western civilization" because I know that behind it lies the disparagement of other civilizations.
    Has the West done much for the development of humanity ?
    Yes, it is, but nothing lasts forever and I have nothing against another country (outside the West) leading the world in the future.
    Of course, a lot came from the East or from scientists who are from the East but invented patents in the West.
    After all, it will happen in a year or in less than 10 years and I won't decide about all that anyway.

I don't know who is hiding behind the profile name MR HD, but I know that HE is the worst possible piece of shit..!!!

Big_Gazza likes this post

mnztr

Post  mnztr Wed May 31, 2023 8:16 pm

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #43 - Page 29 9k=

Pac 3

GarryB and GunshipDemocracy like this post

Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Wed May 31, 2023 10:20 pm

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #43 - Page 29 Fxerhc10

GarryB, franco, Werewolf, AlfaT8, d_taddei2, PapaDragon, GunshipDemocracy and like this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Wed May 31, 2023 10:30 pm

Pretty effective camo on these Bradleys. Believed to be Mountain Troops'

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #43 - Page 29 FxeGGgkXoAElZli?format=jpg&name=small

Regular likes this post

Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Wed May 31, 2023 10:39 pm

Thermals will spot them km away.

GarryB, d_taddei2, Godric, GunshipDemocracy, zardof and Broski like this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Wed May 31, 2023 10:54 pm

Spriter
    @Spriter99880
    The United States announced a new $300 million military aid package to Ukraine.

From the available stocks of the American army will be transferred:

- Additional missiles for the Patriot air defense system;
    - Anti-aircraft missiles AIM-7;
    - SAM Avenger;
    - MANPADS Stinger;
    - Additional ammunition for MLRS HIMARS;
    — 155-mm and 105-mm artillery shells;
    — 105-mm tank shells;
    - High-precision aviation ammunition of an unnamed type;
    - Zuni aircraft missiles;
    — Ammunition for drones;
    - Anti-tank grenade launchers AT-4;
    — More than 30 million cartridges for small arms;
    — Equipment and systems for demining;
    - Explosive ammunition for clearing obstacles;
    - Night-vision devices;
    — Spare parts, generators and other field equipment.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Wed May 31, 2023 10:55 pm

JohninMK wrote:...........
    According to unconfirmed reports, as a result of a series of attacks on targets in #Odessa, the #Ukrainian landing ship "Yury Olefirenko" was destroyed - the last large ship of the Ukrainian Navy on the Black Sea.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FxZ2uVFXwAAxHqf?format=png&name=360x360

They waited THIS long to sink it?

nomadski and owais.usmani like this post

nomadski
    nomadski

Post  nomadski Wed May 31, 2023 11:01 pm

FP wrote " ...And I don't believe it's some new uber-drone or that it's produced in the Ukraine but I don't have any information one way or the other. " These drones were not micro-drones as our aficionado mr-hd pointed out . I was being sarcastic in my reference to them , belittling them . They were clearly visible , mid - range drones in the 400 mile range , most likely fired from Ukrs territory . Distance from kherson to krasnodar is 400 miles and from North Ukrs border to Moscow 320 miles . Likely same type of drone involved . In this case since range is limited , then drone most likely fly a straight path to target , otherwise going along the scenic , long distance route , means run out of fuel ! I said this before , that if a path is cleared of Air traffic from Ukrs border to big cities from Air traffic at low to medium altitude , then a variety of means for detection become possible .
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Wed May 31, 2023 11:09 pm

Watch the incoming weapon's flight path around 36 seconds. Amazing Very Happy

GarryB, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, zardof, littlerabbit, Sprut-B and like this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Wed May 31, 2023 11:12 pm

PapaDragon wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:...........
    According to unconfirmed reports, as a result of a series of attacks on targets in #Odessa, the #Ukrainian landing ship "Yury Olefirenko" was destroyed - the last large ship of the Ukrainian Navy on the Black Sea.

They waited THIS long to sink it?

It was apparently being used as an ammo store. Maybe the RuAF waited for that. Bit of a waste to hit an empty ship.

EDIT: photo added of impact on ship

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #43 - Page 29 FxdErrbXwAE1lg2?format=jpg&name=small

Last edited by JohninMK on Wed May 31, 2023 11:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

GarryB, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, littlerabbit, Hole, Mir, Broski and Belisarius like this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Wed May 31, 2023 11:16 pm

Spriter
    @Spriter99880
    ·
    4h
    The results of the attack on the Ukrainian Armed Forces ammunition depot near Zhytomyr on May 28, 2023. Satellite images from May 20 and 30

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #43 - Page 29 FxeMeUJWAAU2_ZB?format=jpg&name=medium

GarryB, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, Godric, zardof, littlerabbit, Broski and like this post

Podlodka77
    Podlodka77

Post  Podlodka77 Wed May 31, 2023 11:30 pm

JOHN, this is the first time I've seen you mistakenly post already posted pictures - Belisarius already posted it...
    We all make mistakes...  thumbsup
    Of course, this is not a criticism...

By the way, the only thing that interests me about American military power is the reliability of the air defense systems on the Arleigh Burke destroyers and Ticonderoga cruisers - but they are becoming part of history and 5 more are due to be decommissioned this year...
    If it turns out that the air defense system is ineffective, then the whole system is subject to "corrosion"...
    A big minus of the US military naval strategy is the reliance on the air component without powerful anti-ship weapons on destroyers.
    What they did not fail to do was further investment in submarines.
    There will be many changes in the development of weapon systems in the near future.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Wed May 31, 2023 11:35 pm

Podlodka77 wrote:JOHN, this is the first time I've seen you mistakenly post already posted pictures - Belisarius already posted it...
    We all make mistakes...  thumbsup
    Of course, this is not a criticism...

I know and no mistake. Compare and contrast the quality of the photos in mine above and his at Post 700.

Meanwhile, I hadn't realised that the HARMs were German sourced.

Spriter
    @Spriter99880
    ·
    30m
    in 2022, Germany exported to Ukraine 3200 missiles for MANPADS, five MARS II MLRS and 294 GMLRS missiles for them, 30 Gerard ZSU, as well as 91 AGM-88B HARM anti-radar missiles to the United States with subsequent transfer to Ukraine. Also 54 M113 armored personnel carriers

Last edited by JohninMK on Wed May 31, 2023 11:51 pm; edited 2 times in total

littlerabbit, Broski and Podlodka77 like this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Wed May 31, 2023 11:39 pm

A now blind radar station

GarryB, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, Godric, zardof, Sprut-B, Hole and like this post

d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Post  d_taddei2 Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:13 am

Off the current topic on updates. Does anyone have any footage of Ukrainian refugees etc etc profiteering from the war I remember footage of them receiving 4x4 and then selling them in Poland, and many refugees living in Malta who had set up scam charity fundraising pages on various platforms to scam people out of money then living the high life in Malta,can seem to remember where the links were pretty sure it was on this forum.

sepheronx, GarryB, par far, Big_Gazza, Godric, GunshipDemocracy, Broski and like this post

mnztr

Post  mnztr Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:41 am

JohninMK wrote:Pretty effective camo on these Bradleys. Believed to be Mountain Troops'

Lets paint them in the most advanced camo....then hang a bright blue and yellow flag on them? lol

GarryB, d_taddei2, GunshipDemocracy, Broski, jon_deluxe and Belisarius like this post

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:28 am

Pretty effective camo on these Bradleys. Believed to be Mountain Troops'

The problem with camo on ground vehicles is that when you move or sit them on a dirt track unless they are dirt coloured they are easy to spot.

If you want good camouflage for ground things you need nets and things to change their shape and you need to keep them stationary and off the road... otherwise you are wasting your time.

When hunting the first thing that makes potential targets stand out to me is movement and after that colour camo doesn't help.

Lots of fuel and ammo and people jam packed into a relatively small vehicle... a combustible combination.

d_taddei2 likes this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:58 am

Same shit, new shit ...
    https://t.me/SIL0VIKI/68460

Sure I know. Even new and modern ammo can fail, saw that tons of times. Yet what we see there, is some sick joke. It is a junkyard.
    mnztr

Post  mnztr Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:54 am

I notice a lot of the drones have enhanced vision. I don't think camo works against these. It can only trick the human eye as enhanced vision can detect a much wider spectrum
    Serberus
    Serberus

Post  Serberus Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:10 am

The Russian military repelled an attack by Ukrainian militants on the border between Russia and Ukraine near the town of Shebekino, according to @razved_dozor

The incident happened early in the morning, @bazabazon confirms the information.
    A unit of Ukrainian militants tried to break through using armored vehicles, tanks and engineering equipment.
    The first cars were blown up by land mines, the rest were opened fire from artillery.
    The enemy has now been repulsed.
    There has been no official information yet.
    #shelling #Shebekino
    @anna_news

According to the operational headquarters of Belgorod, there is still fighting and shelling going on but appears the Wehrmacht were handled properly this time and stopped at the border.

GarryB, d_taddei2, Godric, GunshipDemocracy, owais.usmani, Mir and jon_deluxe like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 4:01 am