Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+69
The-thing-next-door
RTN
Godric
Hannibal Barca
onwiththewar
Azi
Karl Haushofer
dionis
sundoesntrise
TMA1
SolidarityWithRussia
xeno
jhelb
Scorpius
LMFS
d_taddei2
11E
Krepost
0nillie0
DerWolf
owais.usmani
Werewolf
limb
Stealthflanker
Erk
VARGR198
Rodion_Romanovic
higurashihougi
Kiko
Belisarius
Lapain
nomadski
famschopman
mr_hd
Broski
Serberus
zare
AlfaT8
lancelot
Regular
kvs
sepheronx
Mir
thegopnik
Firebird
lyle6
Tolstoy
Big_Gazza
klahtinen
PhSt
GunshipDemocracy
Odin of Ossetia
Backman
Sujoy
Hole
Arrow
JohninMK
flamming_python
GarryB
Arkanghelsk
PapaDragon
ucmvulcan
zorobabel
Dr.Snufflebug
mnztr
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
ALAMO
Isos
franco
73 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #42

sepheronx
    sepheronx

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #42 - Page 27 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #42

Post  sepheronx Sat May 13, 2023 3:10 pm

There was indeed a serious lack of intelligence and complacency from Russian side that allowed these aircraft to be shot down. Add to that, I agree with ISOS as there is indeed a central radar system to these AD systems to be able to initially detect the planes. Su-35 MAWS should have picked it up.

It ended up costing the lives of various pilots. Hopefully they find the AD systems and knock em out.

Last edited by sepheronx on Sat May 13, 2023 3:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

owais.usmani likes this post

owais.usmani

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #42 - Page 27 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #42

Post  owais.usmani Sat May 13, 2023 3:11 pm

PapaDragon wrote:
    Dead enemy can't shoot down your overhyped planes

Just sayin'

I wish I could put PapaDragon in Kremlin. Very Happy

Odin of Ossetia likes this post

sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Sat May 13, 2023 3:18 pm

🇦🇿🇺🇦 Today, Ukrainian Ambassador to Azerbaijan Vladislav Kanevsky announced that a "wall of memory" of Azerbaijanis who died in battles in Ukraine was opened in Baku .

According to the diplomat, preparations are even underway for filming a documentary about "Azerbaijani heroes who defended Ukraine from Russia." According to media reports, the number of those killed is at least 26 citizens.

🔻Only the point is, foreigners fighting on the side of the Armed Forces of Ukraine are part of the so-called "International Defense Legion of Ukraine". In fact, they are mercenaries who receive money for participating in battles.

And in Azerbaijan, according to the amendments to article 114 of the Criminal Code, financing or providing other financial support for mercenaries, as well as their use in military conflicts, provides for punishment from 8 to 12 years.

That is, de jure, the authorities in Baku prohibit mercenarism, but de facto , by creating a joint memorial with Ukraine, they encourage their citizens to participate in hostilities against Russia.

🔻The "strategic partner" once again did not give a damn about Russia's reaction, since Baku is not even waiting for any answer. The ambiguous grain corridor, regular statements about red lines and many other situations have made the Russian Federation weak in the eyes of its neighbors.

And if we continue to show high concern and talk about multi-colored lines, then the anti-Russian policy in the camp of the "allies" will become brighter.
    #Азербайджан #Украина
    @rybar

kvs and Broski like this post

Podlodka77
    Podlodka77

Post  Podlodka77 Sat May 13, 2023 3:21 pm

Why are you panicking when I wrote you the only truth a long time ago - airplanes are junk.
    And always the same story, panic when the plane crashes !
    Why, NO type of aircraft will free either Bakhmut or Ulgedar or Avdeyevka.
    I still think and maintain that the planes are junk, but what I would MOST like is to prove to ISOS and the like that the Rafale would crash just like the Russian planes. All of you from the West have an INBORN sense of superiority proven by NOTHING and only the application of Western aviation can show all the weakness of it. What greater proof of the powerlessness of Western aviation is needed than the ban on the sale of F-35s to Turkey after Turkey acquired the S-400.

PhSt
    PhSt

Post  PhSt Sat May 13, 2023 3:22 pm

Can someone hit the hibernate button on PhSt's control panel he's stuck in a loop

Honestly I do not understand the reason for your criticism or even hostility towards me, this goes to the others here who dislike my opinions for no good reason

NATzO is crossing many red lines already, this is becoming obvious, I am simply asking Russia to do the same, if someone slaps you in the face, once, twice, then thrice, I believe it is only justified that you hit them with a sledgehammer.

My point is that Russia needs to impose more pain and suffering to Ukraine and its NATzO hosts. This is the bottomline.

Russia needs to end its policy of restricted warfare, like avoiding to hit Ukrop and NATzO positions because they are using human shields, because NATzO forces are able to take advantage of this to the detriment of Russia.

I'm not going to pretend to be a saint in here and say carefully worded opinions for the sake of being politically correct. If Russia needs to kill civilians to Win the War then I am all for it. Whats important is for Russia to Win or at least draw the war by making sure that NATzO also lose and gets wiped out.

Odin of Ossetia, zardof and owais.usmani like this post

sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Sat May 13, 2023 3:28 pm

Podlodka77 wrote:Why are you panicking when I wrote you the only truth a long time ago - airplanes are junk.
    I still think and maintain that the planes are junk, but what I would MOST like is to prove to ISOS and the like that the Rafale would crash just like the Russian planes. All of you from the West have an INBORN sense of superiority proven by NOTHING and only the application of Western aviation can show all the weakness of it. What greater proof of the powerlessness of Western aviation is needed than the ban on the sale of F-35s to Turkey after Turkey acquired the S-400.

There is truth in what you say, to a degree.  The jets  all of em, would be shot down the same. See Saudi Arabias jets in Yemen. But  Russian MoD has been too complacent with the enemy at the border and the region where this happened, Ukraine is near said border. They should have expected Ukraine to move AD systems closer.

The Russian jets won't win the war, but will hit vital targets, provide air cover for its forces and more. But in this case, an air superiority fighter was shot down, a bomber aircraft and 2 helicopters. While not a while lot, it's still rather very hard loss in 1 day.  May the pilots rest in peace. Glide bombs have been devastating for Ukraine last week or two. This is their attempts to stop glide bomb attacks. Seems they were effective to a degree. Won't stop overall bombing as Russia has hundreds/thousands more jets but still.

Last edited by sepheronx on Sat May 13, 2023 3:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

GarryB, GunshipDemocracy, zardof, owais.usmani and Broski like this post

Mir
    Mir

Post  Mir Sat May 13, 2023 3:29 pm

sepheronx wrote:There was indeed a serious lack of intelligence and complacency from Russian side that allowed these aircraft to be shot down.  Add to that, I agree with ISOS as there is indeed a central radar system to these AD systems to be able to initially detect the planes. Su-35 MAWS should have picked it up.

It ended up costing the lives of various pilots.  Hopefully they find the AD systems and knock em out.

That tells me it probably wasn't Patriot at all.

sepheronx, GarryB, Hole and Broski like this post

sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Sat May 13, 2023 3:30 pm

I wasn't thinking Patriot either.  I'm assuming it can be a shorad that has enough reach. Or possibly BUK which they still have.

GarryB and Mir like this post

PhSt
    PhSt

Post  PhSt Sat May 13, 2023 3:31 pm

Russia needs to sterilize Ukrainian border regions. This is the only solution. Playing nice with the enemy doesn't work. Hit them all even if they hide among civilians.

sepheronx, GunshipDemocracy, Odin of Ossetia and owais.usmani like this post

Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Sat May 13, 2023 3:37 pm

Arm all the su-24 with bombs. Prepare the soldiers on the ground. Bomb all the known positions and advance the solduer with help of artillery. Rearm the su-24 and do it again with big waves of bombardements.

That's how it works.

Using some gliding bombs here and there doesn't work.

Odin of Ossetia and owais.usmani like this post

Mir
    Mir

Post  Mir Sat May 13, 2023 3:42 pm

@Isos

As a long standing member with well over 10 000 posts I am astounded at the low level of level of intelligence in your posts.

Hole and Podlodka77 like this post

Odin of Ossetia dislikes this post

Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Sat May 13, 2023 3:54 pm

Mir wrote:@Isos

As a long standing member with well over 10 000 posts I am astounded at the low level of level of intelligence in your posts.

Still better than russian tactic that consists in relying on a paramilitary group for any major fight and loosing hardware in a dumb way.

Last major dumb move was sending their tupolevs in range of ukro drones...

Odin of Ossetia and owais.usmani like this post

Backman
    Backman

Post  Backman Sat May 13, 2023 4:02 pm

Russia was way overdue for some air losses. It just sucks that this was an ambush and the propaganda value is high. 

Russia hasn't had losses like this since March 2022. Fighter Bomber just confirmed that.  In the last 3 months , the US has had more training losses than Russia has in this high intensity war.

I have to give Slavyngrad credit for not putting up with hysterical doom and bitching in their chat. The amount of bitching old women on telegram has never been higher

Last edited by Backman on Sat May 13, 2023 4:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

sepheronx, Hole and Belisarius like this post

Backman
    Backman

Post  Backman Sat May 13, 2023 4:04 pm

Mir wrote:@Isos

He deserves nothing but an ignore at this point. 

He says "Sukhois suck". Like as if they were flying F-18 Hornets in the same situation , then everything would be hunky dory.

GarryB, GunshipDemocracy, Hole, Mir and Belisarius like this post

zorobabel
    zorobabel

Post  zorobabel Sat May 13, 2023 4:06 pm

I don't think anyone is surprised by the loss of 4 aircraft in a day, necessarily. It's more the circumstances around their loss, namely in quick succession and dozens of kilometers inside Russian airspace. That's going to cause problems.

Odin of Ossetia, zardof and nomadski like this post

Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E

Post  Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E Sat May 13, 2023 4:11 pm

Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E wrote:@LogKa11
    UPDATE: There’s now reports that:
    - 2 Mi-8 helicopters,
    - Su-34 fighter-bomber
    - Su-35 fighter
    Crashed in the Bryansk region

Some suspect it could’ve been a large number of long-range air-to-air missiles fired from Chernihiv region inside Ukraine.
    If it was air-to-air missiles, then it could be the R-27 missiles. These missiles have been produced in Ukraine since the Soviet times and some variants have 130km range and the Ukrainian ones are currently made by the Artem Rocket Holding Company.
    The Artem plant in Kiev..

It probably wasn't a PAC-3. Could it have been drones with R-27 missiles?

However, the threat is real. This means the region north-east of Kiev must be retaken. The buffer increased and the SMO can now be turned into a war (without declaring war).

It took too long and now it has to end. No more games. Pressure in all places, so the enemy cannot concentrate.

@BhadraPunchline
    UK’s Storm Shadow missile... Apparently, Russians first encountered this stuff already 4 years ago. Where? In Syria! When? On April 14, 2018. UK had  supplied it to jihadi terrorist groups fighting Assad, to target Damascus, & was shot down! Read more…
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #42 - Page 27 Zqef9eW6?format=jpg&name=small

@sentdefender
    At least 1 of the Mi-8 Helicopters of the Russian Air Force that was Shot Down over the Bryansk Region today appears to have been a Mi-8 MTPR-1 Variant which has Electronic Warfare Capabilities and is specifically used to Suppress Enemy Air Defense Systems, the Russian Military only has roughly 20 of these Helicopters.
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #42 - Page 27 FwA3dgkXwAMMRpJ?format=jpg&name=900x900

Last edited by Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E on Sat May 13, 2023 4:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

zardof, nomadski and Broski like this post

famschopman

Post  famschopman Sat May 13, 2023 4:16 pm

And better solutions on those planes to counter missiles.

nomadski likes this post

Backman dislikes this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Sat May 13, 2023 4:18 pm

It's AN/TPS OTH radar cueing Patriot, they are using Patriot the same way they were using S300 and Buk, giving enough time for the radar to activate to cue passive homing missile, while the OTH radar is watching these dumb flight routes of the VKS

And complacency on the VKS knowing Chernigov and Sumy are hostile areas, and flying these aircraft at high altitude assuming no threat - Same shit with drones hitting Moscow

The solution is to get buffer into Chernigov/Sumy/Kharkov, but the Kremlin is not willing to pay the political cost of what this entails

There's some truth to what Phst is saying, if Patriot downed Kinzhal, and Patriot is now establishing no fly zone over border areas

As they escalate, what is to stop other systems from blocking Tactical warheads, and then Ohio class from launching depressed trajectory warheads on Russia?

In effect an A2AD bubble is going up over Russian airspace, and the leadership needs to incur the political consequences of mitigating the risk

Then with Patriot you also have PAC-3 MSE , which can potentially intercept Kinzhal in early flight phase
    And hit to kill capability

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #42 - Page 27 Img_2265
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #42 - Page 27 Img_2266

Odin of Ossetia and nomadski like this post

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sat May 13, 2023 4:28 pm

PhSt wrote:Its Russia's turn to escalate. Supply Ground to Air missiles to all militants or groups fighting NATzO forces...

Nobody is ​fighting NATO at this point in time, only retaliation options in in Ukraine

zorobabel wrote:All pilots reportedly dead, btw

Price of pussyfooting

They thought they were safe in Russian airspace, they thought wrong

Odin of Ossetia, nomadski and owais.usmani like this post

Sujoy
    Sujoy

Post  Sujoy Sat May 13, 2023 4:43 pm

Assuming South Africa does ship weapons to Russia. What could they be:

1. ZU-23-2, and stockpiled 23mm ammo

2. RPG-7

3. Laser illuminators (RDI 5perhaps) compatible with T-72 tanks

4. Rocket propellants

5. S4 SOW ( Pakistan uses with its JF17)
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Sat May 13, 2023 4:43 pm

No Khinzal was downed. That was a quick attempt by Ukie media to get a "scoop". I doubt these are patriots as well. Patriot has a rather poor success rate. More likely something closer like Buk. Patriot can't down a Khinzal.

Anyway, we shall wait and see. At this point Russia is most likely looking into what it was and where it came from and where it is.

Werewolf, nomadski, Hole and Belisarius like this post

Odin of Ossetia
    Odin of Ossetia

Post  Odin of Ossetia Sat May 13, 2023 4:57 pm

mnztr wrote:
    Odin of Ossetia wrote:
    mnztr wrote:
    Hole wrote:
    But still, why all the rails lines and main road are not hit daily with FAB 500's is a real mystery to me.
    You can´t destroy rail lines or even roads with some bombs. You can only damage a few metres which can be repaired
    in a matter of hours (in case of railways) or even faster (roads).

you drop bombs and mines. you can do this every day. When they show up to repair you bomb it and kill the crews.

How it was done during World War 2:

http://michalw.narod.ru/index-ZiemiKieleckiej.html

http://michalw.narod.ru/index-GL.html

Did they have Glonass, jet fighters that can carry 10T of glide bombs and Iskander missiles, and TU-22's in WWII?

Have a nice reading.

That was my point, if it could have been done during the first half of the 1940's, it can be done today, with all the more advanced technology.

nomadski and owais.usmani like this post

Mir
    Mir

Post  Mir Sat May 13, 2023 5:06 pm

Sujoy wrote:Assuming South Africa does ship weapons to Russia. What could they be:

1. ZU-23-2, and stockpiled 23mm ammo

2.  RPG-7

3. Laser illuminators (RDI 5perhaps) compatible with T-72 tanks

4. Rocket propellants

5. S4 SOW ( Pakistan uses with its JF17)

It's all BS. There was some cargo delivered at the SA naval base near Cape Town. I can only speculate here on the cargo but it was probably some small arms ammo. The SA special forces uses a number of Soviet weapons. We don't operate any T-72's.

sepheronx, kvs, GunshipDemocracy, Odin of Ossetia and lancelot like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Sat May 13, 2023 5:07 pm

Hole wrote:
    yesterday 2.5 months of progress (and hundreds of lives) were undone in 48 hours
    With the Ukro side loosing 10 times the number of fighters. Hopefully there leadership is stupid enough
    to keep them there so that russian artillery can kill even more of them.

Surovikin has admitted, or it was someone quoting him, that the point of the goal of the battle of Bakhmut was to grind down the enemy, more so than capture the city itself.

As such the only way to have that progress be undone is for the Ukraine to resurrect its troops from the dead

PhSt wrote:Honestly I do not understand the reason for your criticism or even hostility towards me, this goes to the others here who dislike my opinions for no good reason

NATzO is crossing many red lines already, this is becoming obvious, I am simply asking Russia to do the same, if someone slaps you in the face, once, twice, then thrice, I believe it is only justified that you hit them with a sledgehammer.

My point is that Russia needs to impose more pain and suffering to Ukraine and its NATzO hosts. This is the bottomline.

Russia needs to end its policy of restricted warfare, like avoiding to hit Ukrop and NATzO positions because they are using human shields, because NATzO forces are able to take advantage of this to the detriment of Russia.

I'm not going to pretend to be a saint in here and say carefully worded opinions for the sake of being politically correct. If Russia needs to kill civilians to Win the War then I am all for it. Whats important is for Russia to Win or at least draw the war by making sure that NATzO also lose and gets wiped out.

Because frankly, your evident sense of outrage betrays a current of underlying panic, and makes the rest of us look bad.

Same criticism goes for Mr. Podlodka here too

Podlodka77 wrote:Why are you panicking when I wrote you the only truth a long time ago - airplanes are junk.

Last edited by flamming_python on Sat May 13, 2023 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

GarryB, Hole, Broski and Belisarius like this post

Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Sat May 13, 2023 5:09 pm

Big hit. 2nd video.

GarryB, kvs, Godric, GunshipDemocracy, Odin of Ossetia, nomadski and Broski like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 3:58 am