Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+69
The-thing-next-door
RTN
Godric
Hannibal Barca
onwiththewar
Azi
Karl Haushofer
dionis
sundoesntrise
TMA1
SolidarityWithRussia
xeno
jhelb
Scorpius
LMFS
d_taddei2
11E
Krepost
0nillie0
DerWolf
owais.usmani
Werewolf
limb
Stealthflanker
Erk
VARGR198
Rodion_Romanovic
higurashihougi
Kiko
Belisarius
Lapain
nomadski
famschopman
mr_hd
Broski
Serberus
zare
AlfaT8
lancelot
Regular
kvs
sepheronx
Mir
thegopnik
Firebird
lyle6
Tolstoy
Big_Gazza
klahtinen
PhSt
GunshipDemocracy
Odin of Ossetia
Backman
Sujoy
Hole
Arrow
JohninMK
flamming_python
GarryB
Arkanghelsk
PapaDragon
ucmvulcan
zorobabel
Dr.Snufflebug
mnztr
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
ALAMO
Isos
franco
73 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #42

Mir
    Mir

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #42 - Page 33 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #42

Post  Mir Mon May 15, 2023 1:55 pm

Podlodka77 wrote:To Mir...

Don't mention the red rats - please.
    I'm not criticizing you on this occasion, but the red Bolshevik rats, of course...

Red is my favorite colour and I believe it's yours as well Laughing

Anyway you can't ignore the Red factor. It was the glue that held it all together. Now you are stuck with a landlocked Serbia - a small fraction of the economic powerhouse of the Adriatic - Yugoslavia!

GarryB and Odin of Ossetia like this post

Podlodka77
    Podlodka77

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #42 - Page 33 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #42

Post  Podlodka77 Mon May 15, 2023 2:03 pm

I'll give you an example and you try to convince me otherwise.
    The Croats have already bought those French planes, which I think are anything but good, and Serbia is planning to do the same - God forbid that happens.
    In any potential conflict, bearing in mind the proximity of Croatia and Serbia and the small kilometer distance between those countries and the existing airports, all those planes would be destroyed very quickly.
    It is wiser for Serbia to invest in MLRS of the "Šumadija" type, because with that system it would reach almost every airport in Croatia - of which there are not many.
    And then we return to the ground again, to tanks, howitzers, armored vehicles, etc.

Western military doctrine INTENTIONALLY and wrongly wants to prevent any conflict on the ground, and that's exactly what it's all about when the army fights for every street, building or house.
    I repeat that the ground army is unpopular in the West because many soldiers will die, but without it there is no victory in any war.
    The West's genetic inability to wage war on land is enforced through the media with the use of aviation against inferior adversaries.

TO MIR

**** Yugoslavia and God forbid never again.
    The only thing I like that is "red" is FK Red Star, but they also have white in their emblem.
    You can't keep a man or a woman married if there is no love between them, and especially you can't use some kind of artificial and idiotic ideology to connect peoples who don't want to live together.

Odin of Ossetia dislikes this post

Rodion_Romanovic
    Rodion_Romanovic

Post  Rodion_Romanovic Mon May 15, 2023 2:27 pm

Podlodka77 wrote:To Alamo....

Greetings to you.
    No, the Air Force has not shown anything, and considering the number of planes shot down and their total cost, I think that my story about the obsolescence of aviation in today's conditions is more than obvious.

Just to let you know that I mean aviation in general, not only Russian.
    As far as I'm concerned, it's better for the Russians to deny any story about the mass production of Su-57, Su-75, etc. Aviation was buried and overcome by long-range missiles.
    For me, aviation is obsolete and I am not changing that opinion.
    Aviation is not useless or obsolete, it is just that alone it does not win the wars. Every branch of the military has its specific role and often happens that who is in charge of a certain branch tends to overadvertise (and sometimes overestimate their own advantages).

Infantry is still a certainty in the war, however infantry with artillery and air force support is soon dead.
    Furthermore long range missiles and aviation allow to strike strategic and tactical objects that impacts both military and civilian capabilities of the enemy.

The only way in which Russia could do something different now would be massively mobilize troops, advance accepting big losses on its own soldiers and massive civilian among the local population and conquer large cities where for years insurgents will remains (and after the end of the military operation you need at least 15 years of Antiterrorism operation).

This not a good moment for Russia to do it, since all the European nations are practically saying that they are at war with Russia.

For Cecenia it was different as it had only Saudi and CIA support but Europeans and NATO countries still officially recognised it as de iure part of Russia (even if they were trying to get it separated).

Off topic
    Of course these are all consequences of those idiots Shukevich, Eltsin and Kravchuk ( leaders of Soviet Bielorussia, Russia and Ukraine who illegally signed ) plus Gorbachev and Shevardnadze who let the situation degenerate till that point in their relation to the west.
    If in the 8th December 1991 Gorbachev had sent those 3 idiots in a nice dacha in the middle of Siberia for the rest of their lives noone could have said anything.

And a slow transition to a different system (similar to what was at that time north European welfare system with some moderate aspect of competition) could have been organised.

In that case, furthermore, Gorbachev (or a subsequent government) would have the right to accuse the soviet statelets which wanted independence of separatism.

Then everyone could have tried to find a compromise and some exceptions could have been made, (especially for regions with less pro russian population and without strategic industries), of course after extracting intellectual property and strategic weapons.

sepheronx, GarryB, flamming_python, Big_Gazza, ALAMO, GunshipDemocracy, LMFS and like this post

Odin of Ossetia dislikes this post

Podlodka77
    Podlodka77

Post  Podlodka77 Mon May 15, 2023 2:48 pm

To Rodion..

The story of aviation is tedious and I would not add more to the subject than what I have already written.
    It was always the "solution" that Russia had to mobilize a larger number of soldiers, and it is certain that it would lose a large number of soldiers in an assault on the largest cities of Ukroshitstan. Therefore, I think that Ukroshitstan, Odessa, Kharkov, etc. are not the primary goal of the Russians. Nope, it's the West.
    Those cities were lost with Lenin.

Europe is a punctured condom and you give it too much importance. The only independent country in the EU is England.
    Russia must defeat the West, not Ukroshitstan.
    This will not and cannot happen without China, which has been the main support of Russia since the very beginning of this SMO, although no one here wants to write about it.
    China is the country that will eventually break the West.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Mon May 15, 2023 3:01 pm

There's only so much you can do with stand-off cruise missiles

The Ukrainians have been moaning more than anything about the Russian use of gliding bombs. That requires aviation. Gliding bombs don't have to be pre-programmed with target co-ordinates and are inexpensive in comparison. New targets can be confirmed while already in flight, and in that case the time taken between issuing the order and destruction of the target would be considerably shorter than the equivalent for a cruise missile. Perhaps as little as 20 minutes if the aircraft is in the right place, which makes this method suitable for use against small tactical targets such as infantry platoons and armoured vehicles entrenched somewhere. The enemy has less reaction time against the usage of gliding bombs as well, as it will be launched closer to the target than a cruise missile.

Reportedly that Russian air wing which was ambushed 2 days ago was a gliding bomb group (1 bomber, 1 fighter covering it, 1 helicopter providing EW protection, and the other helicopter I forget)

Yes you have the Shahed drones as well. They're very useful. But suffer from a lack of explosive power and slow speed to target.

sepheronx, GarryB, GunshipDemocracy, LMFS, Hole, Mir, Broski and like this post

nomadski
    nomadski

Post  nomadski Mon May 15, 2023 4:17 pm

@ Backman

Regarding the video you posted with Galloway , and opinion that the Nazis are proximal cause of conflict , I have to agree . Under the best social conditions , they came to power , meaning there is a complete breakdown between the public and officialdom . Now that conditions have worsened , by further conflict , when normal politics are absent , this rift can not be Bridged by normal or internal violent means . Especially now that external forces are involved and supporting the Nazis . The solution therefore for ultimate peace , must be exerted externally by Russia and allies . Therefore no good waiting for Nazi leadership to change it's tune , or be overthrown by revolution either . The Nazi / NATO collective decision making apparatus as instrumental in military decision making is therefore fair game . Any piece of it being removed , whether symbolic or practical is a part of the jigsaw , however as in Syria , the lesser forces of the big bully's Goons , are easier to take out first . This leaves the big bully alone in the end , and easier to take care of .

Backman likes this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Mon May 15, 2023 5:37 pm

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #42 - Page 33 Fwliku10
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #42 - Page 33 Fwlikt10
    Before and after, depot in Khmelnytskyi

GarryB, franco, Big_Gazza, GunshipDemocracy, JohninMK, Sprut-B, LMFS and like this post

Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Mon May 15, 2023 5:48 pm

Rumor is that depleted uranium shells were stored where those huge explosions were recorded.

GarryB, d_taddei2, GunshipDemocracy and zardof like this post

LMFS
    LMFS

Post  LMFS Mon May 15, 2023 5:58 pm

flamming_python wrote:There's only so much you can do with stand-off cruise missiles

The Ukrainians have been moaning more than anything about the Russian use of gliding bombs. That requires aviation. Gliding bombs don't have to be pre-programmed with target co-ordinates and are inexpensive in comparison. New targets can be confirmed while already in flight, and in that case the time taken between issuing the order and destruction of the target would be considerably shorter than the equivalent for a cruise missile. Perhaps as little as 20 minutes if the aircraft is in the right place, which makes this method suitable for use against small tactical targets such as infantry platoons and armoured vehicles entrenched somewhere. The enemy has less reaction time against the usage of gliding bombs as well, as it will be launched closer to the target than a cruise missile.

Reportedly that Russian air wing which was ambushed 2 days ago was a gliding bomb group (1 bomber, 1 fighter covering it, 1 helicopter providing EW protection, and the other helicopter I forget)

Yes you have the Shahed drones as well. They're very useful. But suffer from a lack of explosive power and slow speed to target.

Plus the cost per kill is incomparably smaller than CMs. A Su-34 can actually (not just in the datasheet) carry 8 tons of bombs and place them onto target, that is twice the salvo of a MRK and 2.5 times that of a SSK, costing peanuts. VKS has scaled such operations very modestly, until now, but in a potential future where bigger risks are taken or AD is further depleted, a couple squadrons devoted to such work 24/7 can affects a country's combat potential in short time, if deemed necessary. Not that MoDs seems to think that way by now, mind you, but the capacity is there.

GarryB, Big_Gazza, GunshipDemocracy and Belisarius like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Mon May 15, 2023 6:33 pm

Isos wrote:Rumor is that depleted uranium shells were stored where those huge explosions were recorded.

Yup and smack in the middle of Western Ukraine too; they couldn't have done a better job.

Don't get me wrong, I would have much rather they kept those shells in Britain where they belong. But since they did decide to play stupid games - they can win a stupid prize too. No way would it be acceptable to wait until they moved that toxic shit further east or started to fire it onto Russian territory.

GarryB, franco, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, VARGR198, Sprut-B, Mir and like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Mon May 15, 2023 7:46 pm

From Slavyangrad

⚡ The head of the Ternopol regional administration, Vladimir Trush, speaking about the fires in Ternopol the day before, said that there were no ammunition depots containing enriched or depleted uranium in the city.

Well Ternopol was also targetted but the large ammo explosion was in Khmelnitsky. So this statement means rather nothing.
    I'd get an evacuation going by now if I was them.

🖋 And here's what residents of a town near Khmelnitsky write to us:

"After the explosion in Khmelnitsky, people started to leave the nearby settlements.

It is possible that it is linked to the panic around the propagandized information about the spread of radiation in the region.

But I can say for myself that my friends and acquaintances have a stuffy throat, a lump that won'tbe expectorated.

The cause-and-effect relationship is unknown, because radiation, in theory, does not manifest itself this way, perhaps purely because of decay products from the combustion, and the fire was not bad.
    Well, we can't rule out this radioactive dust, if our "wise" people did store these uranium rockets in this plant.

Of those who leave the region, most people leave for Poland or by other regions, not many go to Russia.

Other subscribers from that area also complain of a fart in their throats, attributing it to the large amount of dust (not necessarily radioactive) that may be present in the air after a major explosion.

Two majors

Doubt this information is propagandized, the gamma count seems to have been provided by a European agency operating these monitoring stations on Ukrainian territory.

It's possible that the increased gamma count is from the explosion just throwing up earlier contaminated soil; say from the times of the Chernobyl disaster, but I don't think so.

And today in Khmelnitsky; 'no more iodine!!' sign on a pharmacy window
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #42 - Page 33 Photo_10

Last edited by flamming_python on Mon May 15, 2023 7:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

GarryB, franco, Big_Gazza, GunshipDemocracy, Hole, Mir, Broski and like this post

Broski
    Broski

Post  Broski Mon May 15, 2023 7:47 pm

flamming_python wrote:
    Isos wrote:Rumor is that depleted uranium shells were stored where those huge explosions were recorded.

Yup and smack in the middle of Western Ukraine too; they couldn't have done a better job.

Don't get me wrong, I would have much rather they kept those shells in Britain where they belong. But since they did decide to play stupid games - they can win a stupid prize too. No way would it be acceptable to wait until they moved that toxic shit further east or started to fire it onto Russian territory.
    It was oddly satisfying to find out that ammo depot Russia destroyed in Khmelnytskyi was hosting 1000's of British DU rounds, karma truly is a bitch and Ruthenia(Western Ukraine) got slapped pretty hard by her.

GarryB, franco, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, Hole, Mir and Belisarius like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Mon May 15, 2023 7:48 pm

Nevermind

Last edited by flamming_python on Mon May 15, 2023 10:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : nm)
    Odin of Ossetia
    Odin of Ossetia

Post  Odin of Ossetia Mon May 15, 2023 8:00 pm

Yugoslavia During 1980's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upNbhu8hjeE

GunshipDemocracy, Backman, Mir and jon_deluxe like this post

Odin of Ossetia
    Odin of Ossetia

Post  Odin of Ossetia Mon May 15, 2023 8:05 pm

Broski wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:

It was oddly satisfying to find out that ammo depot Russia destroyed in Khmelnytskyi was hosting 1000's of British DU rounds, karma truly is a bitch and Ruthenia(Western Ukraine) got slapped pretty hard by her.

Ruthenia = Belarus+Ukraine+European Russia.

Historically:

Black Ruthenia = Western Belarus

White Ruthenia = Eastern Belarus

Red Ruthenia = Trans-Carpathian Rus and an area located to the north of it.

GunshipDemocracy likes this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Mon May 15, 2023 9:04 pm

Looks like Bakhmut has been liberated

GarryB, Firebird, flamming_python, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, Sprut-B, Mir and like this post

Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Mon May 15, 2023 9:27 pm

Su-57 may have had its first air to air kill.

GarryB, xeno, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, GunshipDemocracy, owais.usmani and jon_deluxe like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Mon May 15, 2023 11:10 pm

By chance came across one of Anatoly Sharyj's latest videos

Haven't watched him since the start of the war

And wow I got to say, either he's doing some rather sophisticated satire here, or he's turned into a total Ukropropaganda clown clown
    This sort of make-believe he's spouting here is the same sort of thing that he was once naming and shaming Ukrainian politicians and propagandists for doing every time.
    In Russian only unfortunately
    Backman
    Backman

Post  Backman Mon May 15, 2023 11:17 pm

^ He's posting that in Russia ? He should be arrested for thumbnails like that. I find random Russian Youtubers all the time that are pro Russian nationalists. But they all have this same uniform brand of soft doom. They are experts at everything. Military , economy ect.

If you know of any that don't doom ,let me know

Last edited by Backman on Mon May 15, 2023 11:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Mon May 15, 2023 11:19 pm

Backman wrote:^ He's posting that in Russia ? He should be arrested for thumbnails like that. I find random Russian Youtubers all the time that are pro Russian nationalists. But they all have this same uniform brand of soft doom. They are experts at everything. Military , economy ect.

Why in Russia? He's based in Spain unless something has changed.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Mon May 15, 2023 11:31 pm

flamming_python wrote:By chance came across one of Anatoly Sharyj's latest videos

Haven't watched him since the start of the war

And wow I got to say, either he's doing some rather sophisticated satire here, or he's turned into a total Ukropropaganda clown  clown
    This sort of make-believe he's spouting here is the same sort of thing that he was once naming and shaming Ukrainian politicians and propagandists for doing every time.
    In Russian only unfortunately

He right out is an enemy. He was exposed long time ago, back when he was "Anti-Ukraine" and was gathering donations for "Donbass" which he used to enrich his own ass as well provide VSU with money.

Right now he is not hiding or playing anyone else anymore but supports from Spain his backers. He knows exactly that he is lying and he was exposed even by other bloggers like Natasha from Pridnestrovie about his hypocrisy. He most definitely was bought to make 180° turn.

BTW the white fluffy freedom of speech loving West.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #42 - Page 33 Censor10

sepheronx, GarryB, flamming_python, Big_Gazza, GunshipDemocracy, Sprut-B, Hole and like this post

dionis

Post  dionis Tue May 16, 2023 12:11 am

The DU ammunition fail would be legendary karma, if it were true.

It seems that the background radiation level increased 2 days before the strike according to that EU source.

And DU is not radioactive (rather it is toxic when ingested) especially while stored normally hence just moving it to that location wouldn't raise radiation levels, so this story seems like bullshit.

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Tue May 16, 2023 12:33 am

dionis wrote:The DU ammunition fail would be legendary karma, if it were true.

It seems that the background radiation level increased 2 days before the strike according to that EU source.

And DU is not radioactive (rather it is toxic when ingested) especially while stored normally hence just moving it to that location wouldn't raise radiation levels, so this story seems like bullshit.

Quite possibly

But I think it pays to spread the panic anyway Twisted Evil

GarryB, AlfaT8, Big_Gazza, GunshipDemocracy, Backman and Belisarius like this post

Backman
    Backman

Post  Backman Tue May 16, 2023 12:51 am

Haha about Zoka. He was a negative doomer bitch. In effect , a Ukraine propaganda asset. Good riddance.

GarryB, Big_Gazza and Hole like this post

GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

Post  GunshipDemocracy Tue May 16, 2023 3:47 am

On May 15, the Russian Defense Ministry reported that Russian Aerospace Forces aircraft shot down Mi-24 and Mi-8 helicopters of the Ukrainian Air Force in the areas of the settlements of Selidovo and Brusovka in the DPR . Also on that day, air defense systems intercepted the Storm Shadow long-range cruise missile, which was recently supplied to Ukrainian formations by the United Kingdom

As sources familiar with the situation told Izvestia, an active air confrontation has unfolded in the sky over the past three days. The Ukrainian Air Force is trying to strike with Storm Shadow missiles. They are launched by specially modernized Su-24s under the cover of MiG-29 and Su-27 fighters with HARM anti-radar missiles. To ensure the safety of its aviation, the Ukrainian command is actively using false targets in the form of UAVs.

According to the interlocutors of Izvestia, the Russian Aerospace Forces have shot down several Ukrainian aircraft and one Storm Shadow in recent days. There is also an application from air defense systems for two more downed missiles of this type, but so far the information is being verified

https://iz.ru/1513291/izvestiia/nebesnyi-skhod-pvo-rossii-vpervye-sbila-britanskuiu-raketu-storm-shadow

GarryB, franco, flamming_python, Big_Gazza, Eugenio Argentina, LMFS, Hole and like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 12:19 am