Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+66
ludovicense
Dr.Snufflebug
famschopman
Rodion_Romanovic
owais.usmani
Godric
VARGR198
Airbornewolf
0nillie0
andalusia
DerWolf
Firebird
Sujoy
calripson
Erk
Scorpius
Isos
mnztr
Krepost
Ispan
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
Belisarius
sepheronx
ALAMO
Arrow
Walther von Oldenburg
GunshipDemocracy
LMFS
JohninMK
Tolstoy
Big_Gazza
Lapain
ATLASCUB
GarryB
lyle6
Kiko
Serberus
ucmvulcan
crod
Werewolf
kvs
franco
flamming_python
Broski
TMA1
auslander
AlfaT8
Podlodka77
PapaDragon
Azi
Mir
nomadski
Arsenic
sundoesntrise
Hole
Stealthflanker
Regular
caveat emptor
limb
thegopnik
billybatts91
PhSt
Backman
zorobabel
SeigSoloyvov
Arkanghelsk
70 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #27

PhSt
    PhSt

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #27 - Page 37 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #27

Post  PhSt Sat Oct 08, 2022 7:34 am

This sounds like a joke to me, how about fly some FOABs over Kiev Rolling Eyes

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #27 - Page 37 11148410

owais.usmani likes this post

Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #27 - Page 37 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #27

Post  Big_Gazza Sat Oct 08, 2022 7:35 am

zorobabel wrote:The good thing is that the Kerch Strait Bridge was always treated as the final red line by Putin, Medvedev, and Lavrov.

That has now been destroyed.

So we will see what the response is.

Damaged, not destroyed, though admittedly in the short term there isn't much difference.

BTW reports are that one of the strings of NS2 was undamaged in the pipeline attacks, and is available for servce shoudl the cowardly germans chose to turn it on, so media reports about the pipelines being "destroyed" are also not true.

zorobabel
    zorobabel

Post  zorobabel Sat Oct 08, 2022 7:35 am

thegopnik wrote:
    zorobabel wrote:The good thing is that the Kerch Strait Bridge was always treated as the final red line by Putin, Medvedev, and Lavrov.

nothing, its going to be just another normal day, not doomer speaking.
    The Kerch Strait Bridge has been destroyed. Anyone who does not acknowledge this event in the next 2 days should be permabanned.

They kept telling me the territorial losses were part of a plan, so I'm interested to understand their perspective on the latest developments.
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Sat Oct 08, 2022 7:37 am

caveat emptor wrote:
    Big_Gazza wrote:Those bridge sections were taken down precisely, not as a result of any general blast damage.  Planted explosives on key structural items.

I smell the same kind of US/NATO influences as hit NS1 & NS2.

The Empire really is panicking.

Ball is now in Russias court.  Are they ready to move? I don't want them to act prematurely until the strike forces are ready to go, but this shit needs to be answered.  Taking down Kievs civilian infrastucture would be a proper response.
    On closer inspection of the photos i think that you are right. Question is how did they manage to do it with round the clock Rosgavrdia and Coast Guard vessels guarding the bridge. Plus, bridge itself had to have dozens of cameras for traffic monitoring.

Yes this was done by remote charges as I said when taking down bridges you use explosives on the supports

JohninMK likes this post

SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Sat Oct 08, 2022 7:40 am

zorobabel wrote:
    thegopnik wrote:

The Kerch Strait Bridge has been destroyed. Anyone who does not acknowledge this event in the next 2 days should be permabanned.

They kept telling me the territorial losses were part of a plan, so I'm interested to understand their perspective on the latest developments.

Sorry troll the bridge was clearly part of the plan, how can you suggest otherwise! not like Russia failed.

But being real, Its very very very hard to stop a small group of men from doing sabotage like this, there is no way you can always block it.

That said if they started treating this like a war at the start this wouldn't have happened.

Will Putin now say "Level Ukraine to the ground, if they want to play this game so will we"

owais.usmani likes this post

Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Sat Oct 08, 2022 7:41 am

SeigSoloyvov wrote:
    caveat emptor wrote:
    Big_Gazza wrote:Those bridge sections were taken down precisely, not as a result of any general blast damage.  Planted explosives on key structural items.

Ball is now in Russias court.  Are they ready to move? I don't want them to act prematurely until the strike forces are ready to go, but this shit needs to be answered.  Taking down Kievs civilian infrastucture would be a proper response.
    On closer inspection of the photos i think that you are right. Question is how did they manage to do it with round the clock Rosgavrdia and Coast Guard vessels guarding the bridge. Plus, bridge itself had to have dozens of cameras for traffic monitoring.

Yes this was done by remote charges as I said when taking down bridges you use explosives on the supports

How do you account for the sound on the driver cam?  Faked footage?  

If it was a missile (as the footage suggests), and the warhead blast was sufficient to detach the brdge sections, why was the train not de-railed and at least partially dumped into the sea?

Too many questions, not enough info.  Holding further comments for now until we get some clarity (or until Kiev goes black)....

Last edited by Big_Gazza on Sat Oct 08, 2022 7:42 am; edited 1 time in total

auslander and Mir like this post

ucmvulcan
    ucmvulcan

Post  ucmvulcan Sat Oct 08, 2022 7:41 am

zorobabel wrote:
    thegopnik wrote:

Its a setback, and demands a reaction. I would launch an all out offensive, but you don't move that up before you are ready. You don't pussyfoot and do nothing either. You don't bite into Biden's bait. He is daring you to launch tactical nukes. Right now the best thing to do is to eradicate Ukraine's transit and power infrastructure.

GarryB, Big_Gazza, famschopman, Lapain and gc3762 like this post

auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Sat Oct 08, 2022 7:41 am

Scattered reports are beginning to appear locally, officially and local forums. This is and was not the only rail link with Mother.

I'm sure petrol and POL prices on this island will skyrocket. Won't bother us, I keep a 4 month supply on hand, diesel and benzine, and fuel tanks on the Kamazik and Uralchik are kept topped off as is generator. VCO keeps a three month supply of meds on hand so all is good. Food stuffs are locally and/or regionally supplied so nothing will change for us.

The truth will eventually come out. Until then it's all conjecture.

GarryB, Big_Gazza, JohninMK, Lapain and Broski like this post

PhSt
    PhSt

Post  PhSt Sat Oct 08, 2022 7:43 am

SeigSoloyvov wrote:

But being real, Its very very very hard to stop a small group of men from doing sabotage like this, there is no way you can always block it.

If so, then Putin can retaliate by ordering his special forces to bomb and collapse portions of American and British bridges yes? I surely hope he do.
    famschopman

Post  famschopman Sat Oct 08, 2022 7:43 am

An - emotional response - escalation is exactly what they want. Putin and his team are way too smart too fall for that trap. Ratheon and co. are already salivating at the prospect of escalation.

The other issue is that you factually need to know who to reliate against.

Last edited by famschopman on Sat Oct 08, 2022 7:44 am; edited 1 time in total

GarryB, Big_Gazza and Lapain like this post

Podlodka77
    Podlodka77

Post  Podlodka77 Sat Oct 08, 2022 7:44 am

zorobabel wrote:
    thegopnik wrote:

The road part of the bridge is 18 kilometers long, genius...
    Do you see in the pictures that everything is destroyed - along the entire length ?
    Traffic will certainly be suspended for some time, it is inevitable. The bridge was built with sections that fit on the pylons of the bridge, so the question is whether the pylons were damaged.
    thegopnik
    thegopnik

Post  thegopnik Sat Oct 08, 2022 7:44 am

in otherwords around my timeframe see you guys tommorow with all the news.
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Sat Oct 08, 2022 7:45 am

PhSt wrote:
    SeigSoloyvov wrote:

If so, then Putin can retaliate by ordering his special forces to bomb and collapse portions of American and British bridges yes? I surely hope he do.

Thats just insanity, Ukraine carried out the attack. If I was Russia, I'd now be smashing every single power station in ukraine and keep things off.

Big_Gazza likes this post

PhSt
    PhSt

Post  PhSt Sat Oct 08, 2022 7:46 am

famschopman wrote:An - emotional response - escalation is exactly what they want. Putin and his team are way too smart too fall for that trap.

Yep, that's probably why NATzO is preparing a nuke strike on Russia. Most likely as soon as next week and blame Russia for nuking themselves

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #27 - Page 37 11154811
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Sat Oct 08, 2022 7:47 am

Big_Gazza wrote:
    SeigSoloyvov wrote:
    caveat emptor wrote:

How do you account for the sound on the driver cam?  Faked footage?  

If it was a missile (as the footage suggests), and the warhead blast was sufficient to detach the brdge sections, why was the train not de-railed and at least partially dumped into the sea?

Too many questions, not enough info.  Holding further comments for now until we get some clarity (or until Kiev goes black)....

That sound could be anything such as sounds from the bridge breaking apart etc, there are no signs of a missile and with a large missile like ATACMS you'd see some debris or signs of a large impact
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Sat Oct 08, 2022 7:48 am

famschopman wrote:An - emotional response - escalation is exactly what they want. Putin and his team are way too smart too fall for that trap. Ratheon and co. are already salivating at the prospect of escalation.

The other issue is that you factually need to know who to reliate against.

Problem with this is, if you do not strike back you are only inviting more and more.

ucmvulcan likes this post

Lapain

Post  Lapain Sat Oct 08, 2022 7:48 am

zorobabel wrote:
    thegopnik wrote:

What's clear is that the Nazi plan is to instill this exact attitude upon Russian citizens, with the aim that instability and ultimately overthrow of the Kremlin leaders.

Sure we could do tit for that in a massive way, but the best way to respond is mobilize even further, don't fold to these Vergeltunswaffen and crush them when the time is ripe, which is coming soon.

And we do hope that the Kremlin does have a contingency plan to this very forthcoming event, or else, then overthrowing might not be that much of a bad idea.

flamming_python, Big_Gazza and Broski like this post

Podlodka77
    Podlodka77

Post  Podlodka77 Sat Oct 08, 2022 8:01 am

Folks, I've written before that the Russians may know what we don't, which is that the Russians are avoiding total war - while they can. This is not just a war that will end with Ukroshitstan, but good, because most still see only a conflict with Russia and Ukroshitstan.
    I can see that most of you would already go to nuclear war because of a couple of destroyed sections of the bridge. I don't know what the administrator will answer to this with the bridge, but I will write only one thing again - patience..

GarryB, Big_Gazza, Hole and Broski like this post

sundoesntrise

Post  sundoesntrise Sat Oct 08, 2022 8:16 am

⚡The head of the Crimean Parliament Konstantinov said that the roadbed on the Crimean bridge was damaged by "Ukrainian vandals"

--

🇷🇺🇺🇦❗❗National Anti-Terrorism Committee: a truck was blown up on the Crimean bridge

GarryB likes this post

lyle6
    lyle6

Post  lyle6 Sat Oct 08, 2022 8:16 am

Big_Gazza wrote:
    Damaged, not destroyed, though admittedly in the short term there isn't much difference.
    The spans were knocked out of place; the piers are intact. Call up the local combat engineering detachment and they'd have replacement spans in a few hours. After a few days you can crane in a new prefab section and the whole thing is as good as new Twisted Evil

GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs, Hole, Broski and Podlodka77 like this post

mnztr

Post  mnztr Sat Oct 08, 2022 8:18 am

Meanwhile trains in Ukraine continue to run bringing fuel, ammo and weapons from the west to kill Russian boys. I have said this so many times. The failure of interdiction kills Russians daily and it just gets worse. Why those rail lines, bridges and highways are allowed to run unmolested in the west is a big question.

ucmvulcan likes this post

Podlodka77
    Podlodka77

Post  Podlodka77 Sat Oct 08, 2022 8:22 am

lyle6 wrote:
    Big_Gazza wrote:
    The spans were knocked out of place; the piers are intact. Call up the local combat engineering detachment and they'd have replacement spans in a few hours. After a few days you can crane in a new prefab section and the whole thing is as good as new Twisted Evil

Finally someone with a sensible comment. The bridge is 18 kilometers long and was built in 3 years and 10 months (from start to finish), although the road part of the bridge was put into operation a year earlier.

GarryB, flamming_python, Big_Gazza, kvs and Broski like this post

Mir
    Mir

Post  Mir Sat Oct 08, 2022 8:29 am

Looks like they used a truck bomb.

https://www.rt.com/russia/564274-crimean-bridge-damage-caused-explosion/

GarryB likes this post

SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Sat Oct 08, 2022 8:30 am

Sure sure downplay what happened, common fanboy BS.

Maybe next time Ukraine will take out some of the supports
    crod
    crod

Post  crod Sat Oct 08, 2022 8:32 am

The construction of these modern day bridges requires the laying of rather long prefabricated lengths which are then interconnected, steeled and concreted. Having witnessed a flyover in my area a few yrs ago, it's done rather quickly. They even have the added bonus here of a railway line to ship materials up damaged section.

Half the Ukraine should be in darkness this weekend or 20 railway stations though as a 'behave yourself' young man lesson.
    Actually I'll edit that to 100%.

GarryB, Lapain, Broski and ucmvulcan like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 3:38 am