Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+72
nero
marcellogo
SeigSoloyvov
SolidarityWithRussia
walle83
Cyrus the great
calripson
Belisarius
Urluber
Odin of Ossetia
diabetus
Scorpius
Werewolf
OminousSpudd
Hannibal Barca
billybatts91
LMFS
Firebird
teh_beard
caveat emptor
RTN
franco
Giulio
lancelot
Broski
VARGR198
Regular
0nillie0
limb
ATLASCUB
kvs
George1
Big_Gazza
Mir
nomadski
Erk
Arrow
GarryB
ALAMO
MMBR
owais.usmani
Krepost
Airbornewolf
Singular_Transform
Eugenio Argentina
Ispan
Yugo90
Kiko
Azi
ucmvulcan
jhelb
PapaDragon
sepheronx
GunshipDemocracy
ludovicense
JohninMK
Stealthflanker
Hinex1988
d_taddei2
mnztr
lyle6
Sujoy
Hole
Arkanghelsk
zorobabel
mavaff
Serberus
flamming_python
Podlodka77
Isos
Dr.Snufflebug
par far
76 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #13

Podlodka77
    Podlodka77

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #13 - Page 37 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #13

Post  Podlodka77 Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:27 pm

ALAMO wrote:
    Dr.Snufflebug wrote:Pentagon said Russia would run out of cruise missiles on March 20th or so, IIRC.
    Bellingcat said something similar.
    Rob Lee, whom I had respect for, definitely lost it too. When the Russians Kinzhaled some targets, he said it was an indication that cruise missiles had run out etc. No thought was given to the fact that they were launched at a hardened Soviet era underground depot, where that additional penetrating power of several hundred hypersonic kilos were needed.
    That's more than a month ago. They've launched several hundred more since then. Almost daily (or rather, nightly) strikes. And it seems to be intensifying.
    Russia has yet to go full wartime production, but they evidently ramped things up, keeping stocks filled.

Well, my opinion is, that Russkies hold the missile stock just in case if NATO would think of doing something stupid.
    As they get sure that nothing like that will happened, it gave them some backwind. Both men and material could have been effectively relocated, keeping the Belarussian army on alert to flank the Baltic puppies and partially Poland.
    When Shoigu was showing the numbers, that they have tenfold precision ammo stocks year by year, it looked strange.
    Now we see that he was serious. Deadly serious, one can say.
    The stock of Russian precision ammo will increase only, because we can already judge how versatile those became. They can use any type of ammo, to target any type of target. And the portfolio of Russian aren't is not getting smaller, but bigger and bigger. Now we will have entire new line of ammunition for both Su-57, S-70, PAK-DA. Zirkon is on the production lines. Several brand new striking assets are revealed for UAV fleet, that is expanding rapidly either.
    That is scary, I am telling you.

Podlodka77 wrote:
    THE POSSIBILITY OF REPLACING TRAINS IN UKRAINE WITH WESTERN TRAINS IS NOT POSSIBLE, THE REASON IS THE WIDTH OF RAILWAYS.

He was talking locomotives not trains, just for the records.
    Railway wagons are easy to adopt, those are constructed this way. Some modern don't even need to change the suspension, as those are adjustable.
    But not the locomotives.
    When a train traveled from Poland to any country of the former SU, they are placed on a special workshop, where the suspension is replaced for the Soviet standard. Locomotives are replaced, not designed for that.
    So to practically kill whole railway transport in Ukr, they just need to switch off the electricity, and destroy some 200 old locomotives. There is nowhere to resupply those. The only country that could share, is Moldova - but it has a small supply only.

Can a wagon be a propulsion unit or must it be a train ?
    Dr.Snufflebug

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #13 - Page 37 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #13

Post  Dr.Snufflebug Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:32 pm

pavi wrote:Baltics and Finland still uses the same rail width as russians and in theory locomotives coud be sent from these countries. Many European firm deliver trains to Finland and Baltics. So, in theory new ones could be built. In practise it would take a lot of time.

And cost a lot of money. Broad gauge rolling stock is a kind of special service offered by western manufacturers.

Siemens does have stuff set up for it, Russia pumped at least a billion euros into Siemens for the broad gauge version of Velaro/ICE high speed trains, Sapsan in Russia, for example.

But IMO if any broad gauge rolling stock is going to be given to Ukraine it'll be leftover junk from Finnish and Baltic rail depots.

No way anyone will launch brand new production of special trains like that, only to see them destroyed a week later. Well, unless the U.S. pays them to, I guess, cash is cash. But I mean, it's becoming farcical.

Which reminds me, what's the general mood in the U.S. about WDC spending and gifting away billions of dollars to sustain yet another pointless (to the average American) far-flung war? Or does corporate media have such a stranglehold on the information disseminated that people are simply unaware of how bizarre and how much money down the drain this is?

Last edited by Dr.Snufflebug on Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

GarryB, MMBR and Broski like this post

Podlodka77
    Podlodka77

Post  Podlodka77 Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:33 pm

pavi wrote:THE POSSIBILITY OF REPLACING TRAINS IN UKRAINE WITH WESTERN TRAINS IS NOT POSSIBLE, THE REASON IS THE WIDTH OF RAILWAYS.

Baltics and Finland still uses the same rail width as russians and in theory locomotives coud be sent from these countries. Many European firm deliver trains to Finland and Baltics. So, in theory new ones could be built. In practise it would take a lot of time.[/quote]

Those were his words, not mine. I just translated as much as I could.

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:39 pm

pavi wrote:
    Baltics and Finland still uses the same rail width as russians and in theory locomotives coud be sent from these countries. Many European firm deliver trains to Finland and Baltics. So, in theory new ones could be built. In practise it would take a lot of time.

Well, take a look on a map Laughing
    1520 size of tracks is used at Pribalts, Finland and Moldova.
    Only Moldova has a direct rail connection with Ukraine.
    Finland lacks of any. You can't ship it by sea, because no train terminal in Poland matches the standard. If you will just put it on ship and unload, then again, no terminal will be able to handle it.
    Pribalts would have to relocate those via Russia or Belarus.
    They can't make a bypass via Poland, because it has different tracks as I have said.
    I have never seen a train or a lorry transport for a locomotive, but maybe I just didn't have enough luck  Embarassed
    But anyway, that would be an operation already, possible to spot, track, and attack.
    Georgia or Armenia - the other possible source - hardly believe they will dare to do it, besides it requires a sea transport again, and parading around Crimea. You know how fragile ships are those days, right?  Laughing

Dr.Snufflebug wrote:

No way anyone will launch brand new production of special trains like that, only to see them destroyed a week later. Well, unless the U.S. pays them to, I guess, cash is cash. But I mean, it's becoming farcical.

Well, the only catch is that as the railway transport from Russia ceased to exist, all or the pribaltic
    chihuahua lost half or even more, of it's railway traffic.
    Some of the equipment won't be needed for them anyway.
    Still again they would have to push it via POland, and as the wagons are OK for it - locomotives are not.
    When Moldova bought 12 new GE locomotives a while back, they were a special model for a wide gauge. You can't adjust that, it is an entire operation as you have said, costing both time and money. Who has both, and why it is not Ukr?Laughing

GunshipDemocracy and Hole like this post

Dr.Snufflebug

Post  Dr.Snufflebug Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:47 pm

ALAMO wrote:
    pavi wrote:
    Baltics and Finland still uses the same rail width as russians and in theory locomotives coud be sent from these countries. Many European firm deliver trains to Finland and Baltics. So, in theory new ones could be built. In practise it would take a lot of time.

Finland lacks of any. You can't ship it by sea, because no train terminal in Poland matches the standard. If you will just put it on ship and unload, then again, no terminal will be able to handle it.
    They can't make a bypass via Poland, because it has different tracks as I have said.
    I have never seen a train or a lorry transport for a locomotive, but maybe I just didn't have enough luck  Embarassed
    But anyway, that would be an operation already, possible to spot, track, and attack.
    Georgia or Armenia - the other possible source - hardly believe they will dare to do it, besides it requires a sea transport again, and parading around Crimea. You know how fragile ships are those days, right?  Laughing

This too. The overall logistical situation isn't particularly favorable. There is broad gauge going a bit into Poland from Ukraine though, but you'd have to somehow get them onto those tracks in the first place. No train ferries in the Baltic Sea are adapted to broad gauge, and even if any were they wouldn't be able to hook up on shore. The lines in the Baltic countries aren't connected to the Ukrainian offshoot in Poland, etc.

So you'd be left with this incredibly contrived off-track freight operation, that again would cost a shit ton of money.

If the U.S. is willing to splash out more of its citizens tax dollars (and force its EU vassals to do the same) it's doable, but, again, it's becoming outright farcical.

ALAMO, Hole and Broski like this post

pavi

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #13 - Page 37 Empty It ould be done via railways

Post  pavi Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:52 pm

ALAMO wrote:
    pavi wrote:

Well, what I meant was that those locomotives could be transported on cargo wagons to the border of the Ukraine from Baltis or from Finland. All those countries are quite small in population although Finland is quite large area and therefore there are not too many to send anyway to make the difference. We still use diesel locomotives on secondary railway routes but we cannot produce those locomotives anymore. Newly builtsare from skoda and only for passenger usage.

GunshipDemocracy likes this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:55 pm

There is only one line of wide gauge in Poland, which ends in the Slawkow terminal.
    Build to transport coal to the Soviet Union.
    From the considered perspective, it is the middle of nowhere. Has no other connections. Same one way terminal is in Slovakian Kosice.

GunshipDemocracy, MMBR, lancelot, Yugo90 and Broski like this post

Scorpius
    Scorpius

Post  Scorpius Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:01 pm

The risk of nuclear war is real, this danger should not be underestimated

Lavrov
    https://t.me/SolovievLive/103057

Werewolf, kvs, GunshipDemocracy, LMFS, Yugo90, Broski, Arkanghelsk and like this post

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:06 pm

Scorpius wrote:The risk of nuclear war is real, this danger should not be underestimated

Lavrov
    https://t.me/SolovievLive/103057

NATzO is digging a hole with its Russia must fail obsession. Instead of stepping back as their sanctions fail, they
    are doubling down. At some stage they will attempt to intervene militarily in Ukria. All the bleating about Russia
    going to use chemical or nuclear weapons is preparation for a false flag.

I am sure that the Russian government has taken the psychotic NATzO response into account. But Russia is not
    going to surrender.

GarryB, Big_Gazza, GunshipDemocracy, LMFS, Hole, lancelot, Yugo90 and like this post

Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:13 pm

According to google earth, it is only 30m deep so they can easily save the ship.

LMFS likes this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:23 pm

Only to "rescue" the heavier weapons onboard. Ship itself is to old.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #13 - Page 37 Frju5c10
    New western volunteers. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Hannibal Barca, Big_Gazza, GunshipDemocracy, VARGR198, LMFS, Yugo90, Mir and like this post

d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Post  d_taddei2 Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:28 pm

Shared by a friend. Truth be told journalism

https://twitter.com/brianc0nn0r/status/1518629696434581509?t=_U6EJW1I6k8WjfImUPguuQ&s=19

Hole and Yugo90 like this post

Ispan
    Ispan

Post  Ispan Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:43 pm

Briefing and reports from the last three days

https://guerraenucrania.wordpress.com/2022/04/25/noticias-de-la-guerra-25-04-2022-informe-especial/

GarryB, markgreven, Big_Gazza, kvs, GunshipDemocracy, JohninMK, MMBR and like this post

franco
    franco

Post  franco Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:47 pm

Hole wrote:Only to "rescue" the heavier weapons onboard. Ship itself is to old.

So can he fit into a BTR or BMP?

Big_Gazza, kvs, GunshipDemocracy, LMFS and Broski like this post

Dr.Snufflebug

Post  Dr.Snufflebug Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:09 pm

d_taddei2 wrote:Shared by a friend. Truth be told journalism

https://twitter.com/brianc0nn0r/status/1518629696434581509?t=_U6EJW1I6k8WjfImUPguuQ&s=19

I've yet to see any major western outlet backtrack on the torrent of lies and agitprop they've peddled over the past two months.

Even UA propaganda debunked ages ago is still being referred to on a regular basis by media and public figures.

flamming_python, Big_Gazza, kvs, Hole and Broski like this post

ucmvulcan
    ucmvulcan

Post  ucmvulcan Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:12 pm

Is Max Boot serious, or is he trying to be Baghdad Bob/Joe Goebbels?

Big_Gazza, GunshipDemocracy and Broski like this post

Dr.Snufflebug

Post  Dr.Snufflebug Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:22 pm

d_taddei2 wrote:Shared by a friend. Truth be told journalism

I've yet to see any major western outlet backtrack on the torrent of lies and agitprop they've peddled over the past two months.

Even UA propaganda decisively debunked ages ago is still being referred to on a regular basis by media and public figures/officials.

Strong 8/8/8 vibes. Nearly 14 years later not even the findings of the official EU inquiry have become public knowledge, media and officials pretend to have seen nothing, they stick to the very same talking points they had on day 1, and nobody has a problem with that.

The Libyan blunder is about 11 years old, several inquiries showed that everything was a lie, nobody pays any attention to it. The "day 1" jargon prevails.

The Iraqi WMD farce is so well-known by now it shouldn't even have to be mentioned, but it has to, because it's the same shit there. In retrospect, it was shown to be a lie, and media complacency in this lie was laid bare.

...And it still doesn't quite register.

It's become a bit of a trope to label things as "Orwellian" but this behavior was literally what Orwell, as a war correspondent observed in 1936 and based his subsequent dystopian novels on.

GarryB, Big_Gazza, Hole and Broski like this post

diabetus

Post  diabetus Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:29 pm

UA twitter/telegram is saying they are approx 5 miles away from Kherson and advancing.
    VARGR198
    VARGR198

Post  VARGR198 Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:30 pm

Spot the American? lol

Big_Gazza, Isos, Hole, Broski and ucmvulcan like this post

mnztr

Post  mnztr Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:31 pm

Hole wrote:
    Dr.Snufflebug wrote:Another cruise missile volley incoming. Third run in 24 hours, think that's a first.

But Bellingcat claimed Russia is runnig out of missiles! They wouldn´t lie. angel

They ARE...but you know they have these things called "FACTORIES" lol

ucmvulcan likes this post

ucmvulcan
    ucmvulcan

Post  ucmvulcan Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:32 pm

VARGR198 wrote:

Spot the American? lol

Decided to live Call of Duty, best use an elephant gun on that guy.

Big_Gazza, VARGR198, Hole and Broski like this post

Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:36 pm

mnztr wrote:
    Hole wrote:
    Dr.Snufflebug wrote:Another cruise missile volley incoming. Third run in 24 hours, think that's a first.

But Bellingcat claimed Russia is runnig out of missiles! They wouldn´t lie. angel

Actually US MoD said Russia has still most of its stock of missiles like last week.

Belingcat is a trash source created by UK and some dumbass gay jeyboard wartior, tge same as those osint accounts on twitter. Not worth even mentioning their lies here.

Werewolf, Big_Gazza, Broski, Arkanghelsk and ucmvulcan like this post

Dr.Snufflebug

Post  Dr.Snufflebug Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:36 pm

diabetus wrote:UA twitter/telegram is saying they are approx 5 miles away from Kherson and advancing.

RU telegram shows droves of UA soldiers killed in Oleksandrivka, just north of Kherson. Graphic videos.

There's definitely fighting going on there.

Big_Gazza, kvs, PapaDragon, GunshipDemocracy, LMFS, Hole, owais.usmani and like this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:51 pm

Another WOW  Shocked   moment

They left toilet rolls as well Laughing Laughing

Maria Dubovikova
    @politblogme
    ·
    56m
    The OSCE staff in Mariupol abandoned their archive. All OSCE field reports since 2014 were found, with reportedly thousands of Ukrainian war crimes that were documented, but which were not reported by the OSCE in their official documents.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #13 - Page 37 FRN8qclWYAEglzo?format=jpg&name=small

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #13 - Page 37 FRN8qeHXEAEkAck?format=jpg&name=small

GarryB, flamming_python, Werewolf, Big_Gazza, GunshipDemocracy, Dr.Snufflebug, LMFS and like this post

Erk
    Erk

Post  Erk Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:55 pm

Isos wrote:
    mnztr wrote:
    Hole wrote:

Actually US MoD said Russia has still most of its stock of missiles like last week.

Belingcat is a trash source created by UK and some dumbass gay jeyboard wartior, tge same as those osint accounts on twitter. Not worth even mentioning their lies here.
    Bellingcat is worse than that, it's founder, Eliot Higgins, was a senior fellow in the Atlantic Council, the propaganda arm of NATO, who fund the Atlantic Council.

GarryB, flamming_python, Werewolf, Big_Gazza, GunshipDemocracy, MMBR, Yugo90 and like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 4:14 am