Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+71
mr_hd
caveat emptor
Gazputin
limb
TMA1
Krepost
billybatts91
diabetus
marcellogo
lancelot
andalusia
crod
PhSt
teh_beard
Sujoy
nero
nomadski
mavaff
magnumcromagnon
LMFS
ATLASCUB
littlerabbit
GunshipDemocracy
flamming_python
Airbornewolf
Hinex1988
0nillie0
RTN
lyle6
zorobabel
ludovicense
SolidarityWithRussia
mnrck
franco
Werewolf
Tolstoy
Firebird
Big_Gazza
GarryB
Scorpius
Dr.Snufflebug
Eugenio Argentina
kvs
Kiko
VARGR198
Belisarius
JohninMK
sepheronx
Podlodka77
ucmvulcan
mnztr
Erk
Isos
Odin of Ossetia
Azi
ArgentinaGuard
ALAMO
Hole
Stealthflanker
Ispan
Mir
chinggis
par far
owais.usmani
PapaDragon
Arkanghelsk
Broski
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
Regular
Serberus
d_taddei2
75 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #11

nero

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #11 - Page 15 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #11

Post  nero Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:15 am

Lots of rumors a sizeable chunk of Mariupol defenders got whacked trying to escape.

Part of them surrendered, and part of them are with Bandera.

Here is a British volunteer crying to his friend before this happened:

https://t.me/intelslava/24994

https://t.me/intelslava/24990

https://t.me/levigodman/453

We should wait for confirmation. Though I presume we'll see many more such reports in the next couple of days.

d_taddei2, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, kvs, Hole, Broski and Arkanghelsk like this post

ALAMO

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #11 - Page 15 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #11

Post  ALAMO Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:23 am

100 people, so nothing extraordinary.
    Half dead, half POW. Day as usual for a winning Ukros.

d_taddei2, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, kvs, LMFS, Hole, owais.usmani and like this post

Serberus
    Serberus

Post  Serberus Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:48 am

I saw 100 or so reported (unverified as yet) to have surrendered , but it is not clear if its related to the supposed attempted breakout or a different group altogether. We’ll find out soon enough

Last edited by Serberus on Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:49 am; edited 1 time in total

d_taddei2 and magnumcromagnon like this post

Sujoy
    Sujoy

Post  Sujoy Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:48 am

GarryB wrote:They are sending Leopard 1s... their frontal armour is less than the side armour of contemporary tanks because it was a light tank. Its 105mm gun  would struggle to penetrate Russian tanks from many angles especially ERA equipped vehicles, and you think they will be fitting APS equipment for the Russians to capture and examine?
    The best APS is probably a AK-630 turret -on- turret with radar and eo pod on top. but weight, volume and threat to surrounding vehicles/people make it impractical. Kill the in bounds at longer range vs last minute T-20 heroics.

All that APS is struggling to solve like tracking fast movers incl supersonic, closed loop radar guided gunnery have been solved by naval CIWS guns decades ago.
    Mir
    Mir

Post  Mir Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:49 am

flamming_python wrote:

Kh-15 is nuclear like Garry mentioned

The Kh-15 also came in conventionally armed anti-ship and anti-radar versions.

magnumcromagnon, GunshipDemocracy and Hole like this post

Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:54 am

sepheronx wrote:
    Regular wrote:Strategic bombers were used in both Chechen wars, I don't see why not to use them now?

And hit what exactly?

Enemy concentrations, fortifications. Much cheaper than cruise missile strikes. Tactical level targets too. Or you are saying that there are only targets of opportunity now?
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:58 am

Arkanghelsk wrote:https://t.me/intelslava/24964?single

Has anyone seen the size of this column?

WTF

Finally, the Imperial flag. Russians have never been so united as now. Communists, Imperialists and..realists, all fighting together.

GarryB, Big_Gazza, littlerabbit, Eugenio Argentina, Mir, Broski, Arkanghelsk and Serberus like this post

Serberus
    Serberus

Post  Serberus Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:07 am

Railway and part of the bridge damaged in Belgorod region
    I guess this is the all out offensive on Belgorod that Kiev announced

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #11 - Page 15 47a36f10
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #11 - Page 15 D4ba6810

GarryB, Regular, magnumcromagnon, kvs, GunshipDemocracy, littlerabbit, Eugenio Argentina and like this post

Scorpius
    Scorpius

Post  Scorpius Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:59 am

Arkanghelsk wrote:https://t.me/intelslava/24964?single

Has anyone seen the size of this column?

WTF

it's only 1500-2000 personnel, relax. you saw about 1% of the forces involved in the fighting.

sepheronx, Regular, d_taddei2, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, kvs, GunshipDemocracy and like this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:05 am

Erk wrote:Looks like the chemical weapons false flags have started.

https://www.rt.com/russia/553716-ukraine-chemical-weapons-azov/

Ukraine's neo-Nazi Azov Battalion has accused Russian forces of deploying a chemical weapon against its fighters during the siege on Mariupol, potentially creating a pretext for the US and its Western allies to step up efforts to punish Moscow over the conflict.

An unidentified chemical agent was dropped from a drone on Monday, leaving several Ukrainian fighters in the area struggling to breathe, according to unverified accusations posted on Telegram by the ultranationalist Azov Battalion.

“A poisonous substance of unknown origin” was used, the militants claimed, allegedly leaving three fighters suffering mild respiratory issues, dizziness and headaches.

Sounds like CS gas if it happened.
    Mir
    Mir

Post  Mir Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:11 am

Regular wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:
    Regular wrote:Strategic bombers were used in both Chechen wars, I don't see why not to use them now?

And hit what exactly?

Enemy concentrations, fortifications. Much cheaper than cruise missile strikes. Tactical level targets too. Or you are saying that there are only targets of opportunity now?

Cruise missile strikes from strategic bombers has been used since day one. The "bombing" strikes will likely start soon against the Ukrs in the Donbass cauldron and will likely continue into the western part of Ukraine. I don't expect any bombing campaigns in either Kiev or Odessa but Lviv might not be so lucky.

sepheronx, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, kvs, GunshipDemocracy, littlerabbit, Hole and like this post

Mir
    Mir

Post  Mir Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:13 am

Serberus wrote:Railway and part of the bridge damaged in Belgorod region

A days work for the railway engineers.

flamming_python, Regular, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, littlerabbit, Hole, Broski and Arkanghelsk like this post

Mir
    Mir

Post  Mir Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:15 am

JohninMK wrote:

Sounds like CS gas if it happened.

Guaranteed to clear any "persistent infestations" Laughing
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:19 am

Mir wrote:
    Serberus wrote:Railway and part of the bridge damaged in Belgorod region

A days work for the railway engineers.

Plasma cutter a bit of welding, job done Smile

Big_Gazza and littlerabbit like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:29 am

Serberus wrote:I saw 100 or so reported (unverified as yet) to have surrendered , but it is not clear if its related to the supposed attempted breakout or a different group altogether. We’ll find out soon enough

That was another group of Ukrainian marines 2 days ago; 160 surrendered

Now we had the break out attempt from the Illich factory (supposedly marking their vehicles with Z's, not that it worked) - half were killed, the other half managed to surrender

In total there are about 500 who have surrendered in Mariupol so far. Plenty for a parade of shame

GarryB, psg, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, GunshipDemocracy, littlerabbit, Eugenio Argentina and like this post

Dr.Snufflebug

Post  Dr.Snufflebug Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:42 am

flamming_python wrote:
    Serberus wrote:I saw 100 or so reported (unverified as yet) to have surrendered , but it is not clear if its related to the supposed attempted breakout or a different group altogether. We’ll find out soon enough

Now we had the break out attempt from the Illich factory (supposedly marking their vehicles with Z's, not that it worked) - half were killed, the other half managed to surrender

In total there are about 500 who have surrendered in Mariupol so far. Plenty for a parade of shame

If that telephone conversation posted earlier is legit, that British merc admitted that they had attempted to sneak out in civilian disguise, too. "We tried that route, didn't work".

And he was like "they're probably going to use me for some propaganda bullshit", which I found hilarious. I mean, they don't need to "bullshit" anything, it's literally all there.

GarryB, flamming_python, Werewolf, Regular, d_taddei2, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza and like this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:43 am

The circus of madmen operates at full swing Laughing

https://t.me/intelslava/24981

Kids are back to school in Volnovakha.

Dare to guess how it was presented to the western auditory a few days ago?

"Russian occupant reopens schools to cover under human shields"

And I am serious now.

They get out of their mind. All of them.

sepheronx, GarryB, Werewolf, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, kvs, zepia and like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:56 am

Dr.Snufflebug wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:

If that telephone conversation posted earlier is legit, that British merc admitted that they had attempted to sneak out in civilian disguise, too. "We tried that route, didn't work".

And he was like "they're probably going to use me for some propaganda bullshit", which I found hilarious. I mean, they don't need to "bullshit" anything, it's literally all there.

It's also hilarious if he thinks that's all it will be limited to, given his status as a precious Western citizen

Off to the Siberian work brigades with you!

GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs, GunshipDemocracy and Arkanghelsk like this post

Dr.Snufflebug

Post  Dr.Snufflebug Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:11 pm

flamming_python wrote:
    Dr.Snufflebug wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:

It's also hilarious if he thinks that's all it will be limited to, given his status as a precious Western citizen

Off to the Siberian work brigades with you!

New railway between Elga and Chumikan on the Okhotsk coast in the far east was started being built a month ago. Dalstroi v2.0 seems suitable.

Yeah, I have no sympathy for these modern western opportunistic mercs, it's not their turf and they're nearly always morons, from Yugoslavia till now. AFU regulars are just soldiers following the orders given to them by the guys in charge of their country, so that's fundamentally different (even if the guys in charge are morons..)

PS no I'm not advocating a resurrection of the Gulag system, just rhetoric.

GarryB, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, GunshipDemocracy, Mir, Broski, Arkanghelsk and ucmvulcan like this post

Dr.Snufflebug

Post  Dr.Snufflebug Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:22 pm

BTW, Putin, Lukashenko and Rogozin made a public appearance in this very far east today, and the former said that the "special operation" will fulfill its goals, plus moon base and BLR cosmonauts soon (I mean, it's been 50 odd years since Klimuk became the first Belarusian in space, and several flew after him, but as of the past decades there haven't been any AFAIK, unless some Russian cosmonaut and citizen was BLR-born, not uncommon).

Since it was at Vostochny with Rogozin in attendance the space talk makes perfect sense, but I still found it a bit comically absurd. Like, this is where Putin finally opens his mouth about any of this after weeks of silence, and "anyway, moon".

Russian presidential administration (spox Peskov included) are kinda bad at this, for sure. Other RU officials are far better.

Maybe Putin wants to play it cool and give off the impression that this is just some minor peripheral thing going on, sure seems like it. Problem is, it's not minor or peripheral, regardless of how sure they are, or profess to be about the end goals.

magnumcromagnon likes this post

teh_beard
    teh_beard

Post  teh_beard Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:37 pm

ОС, so to speak...

St.-Petersburg, just now:Russian special military operation in Ukraine #11 - Page 15 2022-010
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #11 - Page 15 2022-011
    First one is in the Moscow Victory Park from the children playground that is in a real need of cleaning and refurbishment after winter, which is not quite ended here as you see.
    Second one from the table in the hall of my building, where advertisment booklets and fliers and shit gets dumped by passing pizza and other delivery boys. Although I doubt that crowd has time or interest to be bothered with political statements - which means it was one of good neighbours...

Even their sympathisers propaganda is pathetic.

Urluber likes this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:39 pm

Dr.Snufflebug wrote:BTW, Putin, Lukashenko and Rogozin made a public appearance in this very far east today, and the former said that the "special operation" will fulfill its goals, plus moon base and BLR cosmonauts soon (I mean, it's been 50 odd years since Klimuk became the first Belarusian in space, and several flew after him, but as of the past decades there haven't been any AFAIK, unless some Russian cosmonaut and citizen was BLR-born, not uncommon).

Since it was at Vostochny with Rogozin in attendance the space talk makes perfect sense, but I still found it a bit comically absurd. Like, this is where Putin finally opens his mouth about any of this after weeks of silence, and "anyway, moon".

Russian presidential administration (spox Peskov included) are kinda bad at this, for sure. Other RU officials are far better.

Maybe Putin wants to play it cool and give off the impression that this is just some minor peripheral thing going on, sure seems like it. Problem is, it's not minor or peripheral, regardless of how sure they are, or profess to be about the end goals.

Putin wants to say as little as possible. Keeping his options open, or just keeping the adversary guessing

At the moment those who are speaking are Peskov, Kadyrov, Lavrov and Medvedev

With Peskov's words broadcast to the external audience, Kadyrov's to the internal as well as to the Arabic-speaking world, and Lavrov's and Medvedev's more like formal statements

Of those only Lavrov and Medvedev are on the security council, but their positions are closer to Kadyrov's than Peskov's

sepheronx, GarryB, Hannibal Barca and GunshipDemocracy like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:45 pm

GunshipDemocracy wrote:https://t.me/intelslava/24384

Orc saying Slava Rosij, Akhmat Sila lol1 lol1 lol1

Erk wrote:Looks like the chemical weapons false flags have started.

https://www.rt.com/russia/553716-ukraine-chemical-weapons-azov/

Ukraine's neo-Nazi Azov Battalion has accused Russian forces of deploying a chemical weapon against its fighters during the siege on Mariupol, potentially creating a pretext for the US and its Western allies to step up efforts to punish Moscow over the conflict.

An unidentified chemical agent was dropped from a drone on Monday, leaving several Ukrainian fighters in the area struggling to breathe, according to unverified accusations posted on Telegram by the ultranationalist Azov Battalion.

“A poisonous substance of unknown origin” was used, the militants claimed, allegedly leaving three fighters suffering mild respiratory issues, dizziness and headaches.

AFAIK Basurin . LNR was saying something thet there is gonna be no assault on underground bunkers but they shall contact chemical troops.  BUT imho the easiest way would be just CO2. Cheap and does the work.

TOS-1 belongs to the chemical troops.

d_taddei2, magnumcromagnon, kvs and GunshipDemocracy like this post

Serberus
    Serberus

Post  Serberus Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:46 pm

flamming_python wrote:

Should parade them in the centre of Mariupol and let the civilians they used as human shields administer some justice. Then use them for hard labour to rebuild the city, after that a war crimes tribunal and life in prison.

Last edited by Serberus on Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, GunshipDemocracy, Eugenio Argentina, Hole, Mir and Broski like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:47 pm

Isos wrote:
    GunshipDemocracy wrote:"Our S-300 was not destroyed," Slovak government spokesperson Lubica Janikova said.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/russia-strikes-s-300-missile-systems-given-ukraine-by-european-state-2022-04-11/

ok so we have confirmation it was Slovak Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Soviet missile still ok to use to bomb naziscum. Im asking because if Russian forces wont be increased then West will keep providing enormous stream fo arms to naziscum. Something that can deplete calibrs/Iskander storages in long perspective.

1) Kh-15 was fully withdrawn? or Russia can still use kh-15P or kh-15S ?

2) Kh-555/Kh-55  - are there any info/estimates how many was in stores before denazification started?

3) Tochka was withdrawn but not utilizes, how many Tochkas were in service before withdrawal?

Missiles have an expiration date. You don't want your tu-160 to launch a missile that can badly launch and destroy your tu-160.

Ability to produce missiles is what matters, not stocks. Russians have prepared this war for a long time now and since they figured out they will need to attack they have probably increased production.

Concerning numbers, Ukraine in 1991 was left with around 60 tu-22M, 23-29 tu-95 and 19 Tu-160. They had around 1100 kh-55 of which 487 scrapped and 587 returned to Russia. They also scrapped 483 kh-22 missiles. They also sold some to Iran which suggests they lied on the numbers.

Now you can imagine about what USSR kept in Russia. Total number of tu-22M in service was 497, 27 serial and 9 prototype of tu-160 and more than 500 tu-95 of all sort.

I let you do the math. But again 30 years have passed since soviet time. If they didn't refurbished those missiles then they are useless.

In my opinion they had 10 times more in Russia than in Ukraine. So 10 000 kh-55 and 5000 kh-22.

The Kh-555 and Kh-32 programs are there to give a new life to the Kh-55 and Kh-22.

GarryB, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza and GunshipDemocracy like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 6:47 am