Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+71
RTN
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
Erk
Pacense
Hannibal Barca
owais.usmani
Arsenic
Azi
Yugo90
TMA1
Krepost
lancelot
Backman
Tsavo Lion
11E
littlerabbit
Scorpius
Kiko
Serberus
Firebird
lyle6
ArgentinaGuard
mnztr
Odin of Ossetia
Ispan
Urluber
rigoletto
diabetus
GunshipDemocracy
SeigSoloyvov
Stealthflanker
Sujoy
franco
magnumcromagnon
Dima
VARGR198
Dr.Snufflebug
mavaff
AlfaT8
Broski
Isos
Mir
Werewolf
ucmvulcan
JohninMK
Podlodka77
Lurk83
LMFS
Hole
ATLASCUB
Walther von Oldenburg
Kriva
Arrow
ALAMO
EkErilaz
Airbornewolf
SolidarityWithRussia
d_taddei2
GarryB
limb
flamming_python
auslander
Big_Gazza
andalusia
Regular
Arkanghelsk
caveat emptor
kvs
miketheterrible
nomadski
par far
75 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #7

Isos
    Isos

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #7 - Page 18 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #7

Post  Isos Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:41 pm

LMFS wrote:
    Isos wrote:Slovakia should have kept its own S-300 because they will end up like this as soon as they start using them. Now thry are left with no air defence system and their own doesn't help ukraine.

Just some smart assess trying to renew their outdated AD assets for free... but I doubt they get anything better from US in exchange, or even anything at all

They will get US patriot manned by US soldiers and they will pay for it. Until they piss off russians who will attack, then before the attack US will leave with the patriot.

magnumcromagnon, GunshipDemocracy, lancelot, Broski and Arkanghelsk like this post

GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #7 - Page 18 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #7

Post  GunshipDemocracy Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:44 pm

Backman wrote:Alleged meeting with president of Poland and other EU leaders in Kiev was faked. As is so many things in this war

http://johnhelmer.net/the-zelensky-summit-meeting-in-kiev-on-march-15-with-polish-czech-and-slovenian-prime-ministers-was-a-fake-devised-in-warsaw-the-meeting-was-at-przemysl-poland-zelensky-also/

well well well they travelled by train. Like Hitler...European and anti-Russian too

GarryB and Arkanghelsk like this post

limb

Post  limb Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:49 pm

Regular wrote:
    limb wrote:
    Also, this shows that some type of UV MAWS is essential for tanks, so they can pop smoke when an ATGM is approaching. Also you guys say that the javelin has a conspicuous plume from the rocket. I guess it's not conspicy because the tank crew didn't see it.

What makes you think it was Javelin, not RPG or AT-4? Javelin climbs up to 150 meters for top attack and 60 meters for direct attack. Also, crew ain't dumb, we don't know if they have smoke dispensers loaded, it wouldn't change the fact. It was prepared killzone with multiple angles of attack.
    If their smoke grenades weren't working, the the crew would e been retarded.
    Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Fri Mar 18, 2022 12:35 am

https://t.me/milinfolive/79016

Why are they so close together???

I'm not expert, but it seems like one arty or rocket round could take lot of them out in 1 go...
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Fri Mar 18, 2022 12:36 am

Arkanghelsk wrote:https://t.me/milinfolive/79016

I'm not expert, but it seems like one arty or rocket round could take lot of them out in 1 go...

Are you a soldier? Have you served? No? So shut it. They are professionals, you aren't. Keyboard warrior

LMFS and Mir like this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Fri Mar 18, 2022 12:42 am

Levi
    @Levi_godman
    ·
    2h
    ⚡⚡⚡PRO UKRANIAN SITE
    The General Staff developed a defensive strategy for Mariupol in order to hold the city for as long as possible. The Armed Forces of Ukraine and Azov should pull all their forces to the Azovstal plant from which it is necessary to make a symbol of resistance to Russian troops, as the Donetsk airport once was. The remains of military equipment and shells have already been moved to the territory of the plant, now combat groups are leaving there. The General Staff informed all units that there would be no help, since all reserves were gathered near Kiev.

Ultima Ratio Regum
    @regum_ratio
    ·
    2h
    Replying to
    @Levi_godman
    That is so not going to work out like Donetsk Airport. For one thing what would actually prevent RuAF just blowing up the whole plant with 1500kg bombs? Plant will get wrecked in any case and there is virtually no risk for Russian planes flying in that area.

Néstor Miguel Gorojovsky
    @sorrudeternalpa
    ·
    1h
    Perhaps the difference is that there are no Mariupol residents in the plant, nor defending the plant against UA troops. So there will be no/little info on how false are the claims of "heroism". People in Donetsk insisted that there was no heroic resistence at all in the Airport.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #7 - Page 18 FOFSWQUXMAMg4tt?format=jpg&name=small

GarryB, d_taddei2, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, miketheterrible, LMFS and Mir like this post

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Fri Mar 18, 2022 12:45 am

Over 80,000 civilians have been evacuated from Mariupol, most of them over the last two days.

But, meh, Russia is bombing theaters full of civilians.

GarryB, d_taddei2, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, zepia, miketheterrible, LMFS and like this post

franco
    franco

Post  franco Fri Mar 18, 2022 12:49 am

Mixed unit (soldiers/guardsmen) came under fire. Troops moved to cover behind the only AFV and then their nco's dispensed them over the ditch. Troops like people and other animals bunch up when threatened. Reason for training and good leadership necessary to resist those natural tendencies.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Fri Mar 18, 2022 12:51 am

Interesting view from the perspective of Ukrainian Railways

Spriter
    @spriter99880
    ·
    1h
    the reports of the Ukrainian media about the capture of cities with the data of the maps of the Ukrainian railway, much will become clear.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #7 - Page 18 FOFWjpqXMAcy4rD?format=jpg&name=large

Mir likes this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Fri Mar 18, 2022 12:53 am

franco wrote:

Mixed unit (soldiers/guardsmen) came under fire. Troops moved to cover behind the only AFV and then their nco's dispensed them over the ditch. Troops like people and other animals bunch up when threatened. Reason for training and good leadership necessary to resist those natural tendencies.  

Yeah looks like they were moving somewhere by the looks of the vehicles and started to take fire

Then they started getting into positions to protect , guys were looking back and front

Just don't like all these ambush vids

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Fri Mar 18, 2022 12:55 am

kvs wrote:Over 80,000 civilians have been evacuated from Mariupol, most of them over the last two days.

Haven't seen any photos yet of any injured being pulled from the wreckage of even non injured from the bomb shelter.

So we still don't know if perhaps the building was empty when it was blown up.
    ucmvulcan
    ucmvulcan

Post  ucmvulcan Fri Mar 18, 2022 12:55 am

JohninMK wrote:Interesting view from the perspective of Ukrainian Railways

Spriter
    @spriter99880
    ·
    1h
    the reports of the Ukrainian media about the capture of cities with the data of the maps of the Ukrainian railway, much will become clear.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #7 - Page 18 FOFWjpqXMAcy4rD?format=jpg&name=large

Why is Lugansk in green?
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Fri Mar 18, 2022 12:59 am

Made me smile

GarryB, franco, Firebird, Werewolf, Hannibal Barca, Big_Gazza, zepia and like this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:01 am

https://t.me/romanov_92/4704?single

Heavy fighting Irpen

VSU defending

kvs and miketheterrible like this post

lancelot
    lancelot

Post  lancelot Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:18 am

JohninMK wrote:@Levi_godman
    The Armed Forces of Ukraine and Azov should pull all their forces to the Azovstal plant from which it is necessary to make a symbol of resistance to Russian troops, as the Donetsk airport once was.  The remains of military equipment and shells have already been moved to the territory of the plant, now combat groups are leaving there. The General Staff informed all units that there would be no help, since all reserves were gathered near Kiev.

There goes all the neon Shocked.
    Nearly all of the neon which comes from Ukraine is generated as part of steel production. I think this plant is the largest one.
    TSMC will have to ration their neon then.

Last edited by lancelot on Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:21 am; edited 1 time in total

GarryB, Werewolf, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, kvs, JohninMK, Kriva and Hole like this post

Dr.Snufflebug

Post  Dr.Snufflebug Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:18 am

JohninMK wrote:
    kvs wrote:Over 80,000 civilians have been evacuated from Mariupol, most of them over the last two days.

Haven't seen any photos yet of any injured being pulled from the wreckage of even non injured from the bomb shelter.

So we still don't know if perhaps the building was empty when it was blown up.

That entire episode is so bizarre in retrospect. It's known that Azov guys were there, and there were plenty of rumors that they shoved civilians in there too...

But I have yet to see any proof of the building actually being "bombed" by aviation (no proof of any aviation apart from small UAVs above Mariupol outskirts actually), or otherwise struck by say cruise- or precision-guided ballistic missiles.

Nor has there been any proof of any casualties at all.

Without any proof to the contrary, I'd guess that Azov indeed blew it up, but they actually had no civvies there, or they did but someone had a change of heart and evacuated them, having realized that chances were overwhelming that they'd wouldn't be able to weasel themselves out of the war criminal category even with all the leeway they already enjoy.

So, at the end of the day Azov just blew up a nice building.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:27 am

GarryB, Werewolf, Big_Gazza, miketheterrible, LMFS and Arkanghelsk like this post

magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:29 am

GarryB, Werewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs, zepia, VARGR198, miketheterrible and like this post

miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:32 am

All fall on deaf ears.

The US, Canada and EU people are NPC's for the most part. They dont have an opinion beyond that of what the MSM tells them. I have friends who truly believe the shit. Hell, they think Russia will nuke the world cause he is Christian. Yeah, that is how fucking dumb they are.

GarryB, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, kvs, JohninMK and Broski like this post

magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:36 am

miketheterrible wrote:All fall on deaf ears.

The US, Canada and EU people are NPC's for the most part.  They dont have an opinion beyond that of what the MSM tells them.  I have friends who truly believe the shit.  Hell, they think Russia will nuke the world cause he is Christian.  Yeah, that is how fucking dumb they are.

Indeed, imagine watching a 30 second snippet on a global event and commenting like their experts on Twatter, like a lot of my American compatriots do. Rolling Eyes What was that famous Ambrose Bierce quote again? Wink

GarryB likes this post

miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:40 am

magnumcromagnon wrote:
    miketheterrible wrote:All fall on deaf ears.

The US, Canada and EU people are NPC's for the most part.  They dont have an opinion beyond that of what the MSM tells them.  I have friends who truly believe the shit.  Hell, they think Russia will nuke the world cause he is Christian.  Yeah, that is how fucking dumb they are.

Indeed, imagine watching a 30 second snippet on a global event and commenting like their experts on Twatter, like a lot of my American compatriots do. Rolling Eyes What was that famous Ambrose Bierce quote again? Wink

Its abysmal.  There is no reasoning with people.  I give credit to Aaron Matte, but its a losing battle.  You are fighting to inform morons about reality and they just say "well, Putin is Religious so he is clearly crazy and he has nukes and blah blah blah".  I still cannot understand how a religious person = going to blow up the world.  I tend to trust Christians a lot more than anyone else honestly.  Maybe has something to do with lying is a sin?  While these fucktards have zero moral values but self indulgence.

Going off topic here but whatever. So many other assholes on this thread do it.

magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, kvs, JohninMK, Mir and Broski like this post

Airbornewolf
    Airbornewolf

Post  Airbornewolf Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:54 am

this is an WIP project of mine,
    cant post it to youtube, as youtube gave me an warning there already and deleted my ukraine content.  pirat

Warning!. NSFW for unscensored violence/War!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VPw90GgycuZtPtPzAdsygVrU6IOdPa8U/view?usp=sharing

I know the vid has editing errors as its still work in progress, i see them too Wink.

Any opinions on it are greatly appreciated.
    should i add in the individual vids original audio?, and Strategic maps to show progression and timeline?.
    Discriptions on vids on info of date and situation?. or would any of this diminish  the vid?.

PM's are fine too of course. Also saves the thread from clogging up.

GarryB likes this post

miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:55 am

Airbornewolf wrote:this is an WIP project of mine,
    cant post it to youtube, as youtube gave me an warning there already and deleted my ukraine content.  pirat

Warning!. NSFW for unscensored violence/War!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VPw90GgycuZtPtPzAdsygVrU6IOdPa8U/view?usp=sharing

I know the vid has editing errors as its still work in progress, i see them too Wink.

Any opinions on it are greatly appreciated.
    should i add in the individual vids original audio?, and Strategic maps to show progression and timeline?.
    Discriptions on vids on info of date and situation?. or would any of this diminish  the vid?.

PM's are fine too of course. Also saves the thread from clogging up.

Dude, start a VK account and post it, same with Telegram.

GarryB and Airbornewolf like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:56 am

Anyway, I really hope there is an agreement in the coming days. Russia I think is not right in pushing the Ukrainians to recognize the DNR/LNR and Crimea at the same time while insisting on demilitarization and true neutrality.
    It should surely be one or the other. They have a right to claim what is de-jure their territory and this doesn't have a relation to the regime, it's the sovereign right of any state. If they give up those claims though then I don't see why them having a military would be a threat to Russia.

Because whatever you may think of the Ukrainian regime, our one is not better, and the whole character of this war is basically Putin forcing the Ukrainian population and Ukrainian military to pay with their lives for basically his own mistakes and oversights.
    And the possibility of a rapid capitulation of the Ukrainian military is far from guaranteed if the war goes on, we could see more vicious urban fighting.
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:58 am

flamming_python wrote:Anyway, I really hope there is an agreement in the coming days. Russia I think is not right in pushing the Ukrainians to recognize the DNR/LNR and Crimea at the same time while insisting on demilitarization and true neutrality.
    It should surely be one or the other. They have a right to claim what is de-jure their territory and this doesn't have a relation to the regime, it's the sovereign right of any state. If they give up those claims though then I don't see why them having a military would be a threat to Russia.

Because whatever you may think of the Ukrainian regime, our one is not better, and the whole character of this war is basically Putin forcing the Ukrainian population and Ukrainian military to pay with their lives for basically his own mistakes and oversights.
    And the possibility of a rapid capitulation of the Ukrainian military is far from guaranteed if the war goes on, we could see more vicious urban fighting.

**** you are dumb.

Ukraine government no better than yours?

Why not go fight on the side of the Nazi's in Ukraine already? At least maybe we may be spared of your bullshit.

Yeah, why not give Ukraine whatever they want.  Why not just go back to what it was before.  Hey, why not just give them Crimea? Hey, why not let them to build biological weapons and kill others.  Hell, why not just start killing yourselves?

Man, do you realize how fucking dumb you sound? or the fact that you have been wrong on nearly everything?

I think you are the 5th column Putin was talking about.  Maybe you should leave Russia and go to Ukraine, cause you know, their government is just as Bad or whatever.

Putins mistakes? what was his mistakes? He isn't President of Ukraine. He didn't cause this issue. You dumb **** commies where.

Last edited by miketheterrible on Fri Mar 18, 2022 2:00 am; edited 1 time in total

GarryB, Werewolf, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, Hole, Mir, Broski and like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 7:28 pm