Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+81
Aristide
zorobabel
Cheetah
zepia
ludovicense
VARGR198
Serberus
Rasisuki Nebia
billybatts91
rigoletto
jhelb
mnztr
diabetus
Kiko
ahmedfire
Dima
TMA1
lancelot
Belisarius
walle83
Odin of Ossetia
AlfaT8
Urluber
mack8
Hannibal Barca
Podlodka77
LMFS
RTN
SeigSoloyvov
auslander
andalusia
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
Big_Gazza
Firebird
DerWolf
teh_beard
Kriva
ucmvulcan
Ispan
franco
Arrow
Azi
nomadski
Walther von Oldenburg
ALAMO
GunshipDemocracy
Dr.Snufflebug
Yugo90
Lurk83
Isos
adder
Hole
JohninMK
Scorpius
Werewolf
Singular_Transform
Airbornewolf
Sujoy
Mir
Stealthflanker
OminousSpudd
Vann7
miketheterrible
ATLASCUB
lyle6
magnumcromagnon
kvs
sundoesntrise
GarryB
thegopnik
Arkanghelsk
ArgentinaGuard
Erk
flamming_python
par far
Backman
Broski
Regular
Krepost
EkErilaz
d_taddei2
85 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #5

diabetus

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #5 - Page 30 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #5

Post  diabetus Fri Mar 11, 2022 1:21 am

miketheterrible wrote:I see ASB military twitter account got suspended.  I guess posting the truth got it banned.  **** twitter.  They need to open a VK and Telegram channel instead.

They're already on telegram.

GarryB, Yugo90, Arkanghelsk and Urluber like this post

franco
    franco

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #5 - Page 30 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #5

Post  franco Fri Mar 11, 2022 1:46 am

diabetus wrote:
    miketheterrible wrote:I see ASB military twitter account got suspended.  I guess posting the truth got it banned.  **** twitter.  They need to open a VK and Telegram channel instead.

They're already on telegram.

Apparently there is an ASB site back up on twitter but the ASB Telegram site is saying that it is not them so beware.

GarryB, magnumcromagnon, kvs, GunshipDemocracy, miketheterrible, Broski and Arkanghelsk like this post

Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E

Post  Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E Fri Mar 11, 2022 2:12 am

In the south there is a significant breakthrough. Presumably, there is now an attacking tip to North East, one north and one to the north west or west.

Really strong forces should not exist there from the enemy. Thus, the gap to Kyiv South should be closed soon.

If the enemy from Odessa does not settle north he will be cut off there.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #5 - Page 30 FNgw0fuXwAEMgdp?format=jpg&name=4096x4096
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Fri Mar 11, 2022 2:30 am

That map isn't accurate.

d_taddei2, VARGR198, Mir and Arkanghelsk like this post

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Fri Mar 11, 2022 2:48 am

It is not too bad outside the LDNR. The details of the cauldrons in the LDNR are wrong. I have seen much worse maps put out
    by western sources. Gotta keep those BS narratives going. Such as pretending there is no action in the LDNR and that Russia
    is bogged down trying to seize Kiev.

magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza and Urluber like this post

miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Fri Mar 11, 2022 2:51 am

kvs wrote:It is not too bad outside the LDNR.  The details of the cauldrons in the LDNR are wrong.   I have seen much worse maps put out
    by western sources.   Gotta keep those BS narratives going.   Such as pretending there is no action in the LDNR and that Russia
    is bogged down trying to seize Kiev.

It isn't just that, but that Map also omits the fact that a cauldron is forming in Odessa yet that map shows nothing near Odessa. Lol

magnumcromagnon and Big_Gazza like this post

diabetus

Post  diabetus Fri Mar 11, 2022 3:08 am

billybatts91 wrote:Ukrainian Su-25 attack aircraft was shot down

Any idea how many aircraft they have left?
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Fri Mar 11, 2022 3:09 am

I must say this is one area where the West has won this conflict hands down.

Silencing anyone that dares to speak another narrative.

Having to silence the words of your enemy suggests you are losing.

The west will win this conflict in the west but what does that even mean.

When new facts come out over the next few years and the majority of Ukrainians in Ukraine don't seem so anti Russian it might become clear that the war that was won was not by the west, but the rest of the world.

Just wondering if this is a TI/IR image then white normally is associated with a heat source. Why are the missile's fins, part of the wheels and the missile's radar cones showing up as white and there seems to be no heat signature from the chassis/engine - or am I missing something?

The fins and nose cone will be a plastic like material that wont get as cold as the metal parts of the vehicle and missile...

Honestly, there needs to be a freeze on new people registering.

There is.

I'm surprised UA are being conservative with their Tochkas.

I suspect every time they launch one the launch vehicles end up burning a short time later...

I would not stand anywhere near one to be honest.

They didnt like how Ukraine is treating blacks and indians and they're with Z to repay the favor

The fact that the west ignored such treatment shows western morals and ethics are for show and mean nothing at all.

Current situation in Ukraine summarised in one picture. Can`t make this up.
    There will be memes of it.

The irony, this looks like a western stag do gone wrong, except obviously instead of the groom getting glad wrapped to a pole, it is obviously someone the Nazis didn't like. the exposure of the backside is to encourage gay rape by passers by... of course it could equally be a trap... anyone tries to take advantage could get shot in the head by a sniper hiding nearby...

Seriously, can we just block the people, ignore their stupidity and not flood the thread with off topic?

Silly posts will be deleted... it seems our new friend has a sense of humour, so that is all I will do regarding that.

@ Diabetus, It is however a forum rule for members to post an introduction...

I also deleted the reply because neither post had any merit to be moved to another thread or section.

And a further response was deleted too.

He subsequently decided to get out of there. The SBU got hold of him, beat him and interrogated him for three hours. But he managed to flee across the Polish border at last, and then back to Britain.

Lucky boy...

US Vice President Harris wants Russia investigated for war crimes.

I want to know is it true that Russia attacked a maternity hospital?

I live here in America so I wanted to ask you guys who might know more about it.

Everything they hit in Syria were churches, primary schools, and hospitals... cancer wards and maternity wards of course, they don't have the technology the west has... it is not that western technology stops them hitting such targets themselves, but their control of the record button and play button in western media just means it is never revealed.

Remember that heroic response against ISIS for that bomb that killed US soldiers in Kabul... they ended up killing children and men who worked for them... but it is OK, they fully investigated the whole situation themselves and found themselves not guilty.

What military advantage would Russia get to attacking a maternity hospital, except if that is where the Azov units were based because the doctors and nurses had moved out last month and they thought they would be safe.

Werewolf, magnumcromagnon, diabetus, Big_Gazza, kvs, GunshipDemocracy, Hole and like this post

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Fri Mar 11, 2022 3:20 am

miketheterrible wrote:

It isn't just that, but that Map also omits the fact that a cauldron is forming in Odessa yet that map shows nothing near Odessa.  Lol

It is too generous to the Kiev regime for sure. Kharkov is probably going to be surrounded in the coming few days. The loss of Izyum
    followed by the failed attempt by the regime to regain its footing along the axis from Kharkov to Izyum is leading to a break down of
    their positions. Russian forces have started to move south into Malaya Rogan to the east of Kharkov and at the same time move west
    around Zmeyev to the west of Balaklaya (where the regime attempted to restore their positions and failed). So Chuguyev will likely be
    encircled and then Kharkov.

I do not think that Russia will leave south-western Kharkov exposed as it is doing with Kiev. It will fully encircle it. This is a bigger
    humanitarian help than the corridors which very few people are using thanks to regime terror tactics. The level of regime force persistence
    is dictated by their delusions about reinforcements and escape options. I think Russian forces should have made a concerted effort to encircle
    Kharkov and beat back the regime forces along the axis to Izyum at the start of the operation. But I am not privy to the war plan.

flamming_python, Big_Gazza and Hole like this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Fri Mar 11, 2022 3:37 am

It looks like they try to straighten their lines

Similar to what they did in the south

Once the lines straightened , they were able to launch new spearheads and create new salients

In the south that's what they did at Galiaipolye

They launched two pincers around the town, and seized a nice bit of real estate

With artillery they soften the VSU and move in concert with strikes

Their tactics are quite nice actually, seizing contested ground like that shows excellent use of Battalion Tactical Group 

They're fighting a mechanized enemy who lost their Airpower and AD early on, but who is entrenched deeply in the Donbass due to preparation for offensive into LDNR

VDV fought some ridiculous battle at hostomel and Brovary also, just absolutely beastly, several platoons holding a damn airfield from Ukrainian mechanized infantry 

And in the south, the Southern OSK has demonstrated its mettle, encircling Odessa, Mykolaiv, and Knocking on the door of Kruvy Rog. 

This is actually one of the most interesting displays of combined arms battle at high intensity we have seen

Last edited by Arkanghelsk on Fri Mar 11, 2022 3:44 am; edited 2 times in total

Big_Gazza, Hole, Yugo90, Scorpius and Broski like this post

diabetus

Post  diabetus Fri Mar 11, 2022 3:38 am

UA celebrating a "massive" (sarcasm) victory just west of Kiev.

https://twitter.com/Blue_Sauron/status/1501966658222571523?t=l41jzTxIs8ncc0M__NldJw&s=19
    d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Post  d_taddei2 Fri Mar 11, 2022 3:54 am

Point 5) although energy experts believe this is USA energy needs and that Qatar cannot fufill EU needs due to current contracts with other countries. designation represented a warning to Qatar’s neighbors, particularly the UAE and Saudi Arabia, that Qatar is off-limits. it is worth noting that the UAE and Saudi Arabia, two of Washington’s most valuable partners in the Middle East, are conspicuously absent from the list. Conferring MNNA status on Qatar could thus also constitute a subtle insult for these two nations, each Qatar’s neighbors. this could also be insult towards Saudi Arabia for agreeing to build an Armaco refinery in China. Membership maybe a  way to suggest that Qatar’s new status will facilitate its procurement of the F-35 advanced fighter, a request that Qatar has made in the past

Updates

1) Russia to ban foreign trade of certain commodities & raw materials
    The list of products and states that fall under restrictions will be revealed in two days. The ban will not affect products exported or imported for personal use; the presidential order stated.

2) WHO Reportedly Tells Ukraine to Destroy 'High-Threat Pathogens' in National Labs

3) Zelenskyy Says About 40,000 People Evacuated From Several Ukrainian Cities on Thursday

4) Russian Mission to UN Asked For Security Council Meeting on Friday to Discuss US Military Biological Activities on Ukraine Territory

5) Biden Designates Qatar as Major Non-NATO Ally of United States - Memorandum
    “By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, and by section 517 of the Foreign Assistance Act of 1961, as amended (the "Act"), I hereby designate the State of Qatar as a major Non-NATO Ally of the United States for the purposes of the Act and the Arms Export Control Act,” a memorandum said on Thursday. Thursday’s declaration comes amid global concern over energy supplies and surging fuel prices caused by Russia’s ongoing invasion of Ukraine

6 ) Europe Will Face Consequences of Anti-Russian Sanctions - MFA
    "You can already see these waves, they will also go toward Western Europe, which is dependent on us, but not because we use energy supplies as a weapon – we always fulfill our obligations anchored in agreements and accords," Deputy Foreign Minister Alexander Pankin said.

7 ) Meta Will Allow Calls for Violence Against Russians & Praise of Neo-Nazi Azov Battalion - Reports
    Meta has made a temporary change to its hate speech policy to allow Facebook and Instagram users in some countries to call for violence against Russian people and Russian soldiers, Meta spokesperson Andy Stone said in a statement via Twitter.
    Using the Russian special operation in Ukraine as a justification for the move, Meta described racist speech against Russian-speaking people as "forms of political expression," vowing to continue to prevent "credible calls for violence against Russian civilians."
    "As a result of the Russian invasion of Ukraine, we have temporarily made allowances for forms of political expression that would normally violate our rules like violent speech such as 'death to the Russian invaders.' We still won’t allow credible calls for violence against Russian civilians," a Meta spokesperson reportedly said in a statement
    Meta will also allow posts "that call for death to Russian President Vladimir Putin or Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko, Calls for violence against Russian soldiers will be considered permissible by the company, but not against prisoners of war, the report said.
    The change reportedly applies to Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia, Poland, Slovakia, Hungary, Romania, Russia and Ukraine.
    In another inexplicable move, corporate emails also showed that praising Ukraine's neo-Nazi Azov battalion will also be considered "okay,"

Last edited by d_taddei2 on Fri Mar 11, 2022 3:57 am; edited 1 time in total

flamming_python, Werewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs, LMFS, Mir, Broski and jon_deluxe like this post

miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Fri Mar 11, 2022 3:56 am

I think it's time Russian cyber groups now target meta as hard as possible. Absolutely destroy them. And also go after the head of this company in cyber warfare. Bank accounts and everything

d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, GunshipDemocracy, Hole, Yugo90, Mir and like this post

d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Post  d_taddei2 Fri Mar 11, 2022 4:03 am

miketheterrible wrote:I think it's time Russian cyber groups now target meta as hard as possible. Absolutely destroy them.  And also go after the head of this company in cyber warfare.  Bank accounts and everything

Pretty sure inciting violence is against the law especially social media/media. Trump was accused for such and this is far worse and across multiple nations. This also breeches racism laws. I think pics should now surface with Zuckerberg and neo Nazi flags behind him. This is absolutely disgusting.

Werewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs, miketheterrible, Mir, Broski, Arkanghelsk and Urluber like this post

miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Fri Mar 11, 2022 4:07 am

d_taddei2 wrote:
    miketheterrible wrote:I think it's time Russian cyber groups now target meta as hard as possible. Absolutely destroy them.  And also go after the head of this company in cyber warfare.  Bank accounts and everything

Pretty sure inciting violence is against the law especially social media/media. Trump was accused for such and this is far worse and across multiple nations. This also breeches racism laws. I think pics should now surface with Zuckerberg and neo Nazi flags behind him. This is absolutely disgusting.

I think Russians in the US grow a fucking spine and start trying a class action lawsuit.

Problem with US Russians is that they are like some Russians here - self hating asshole

Werewolf, d_taddei2, magnumcromagnon, GunshipDemocracy, LMFS and Broski like this post

Rasisuki Nebia
    Rasisuki Nebia

Post  Rasisuki Nebia Fri Mar 11, 2022 4:33 am

I'm so sad at how the west and it's people were so easily fooled and blinded into this hate parade, the west took it's mask off and we knew they were vile but i never thought it would be this vile even though i predicted it before the invasion with my friends, i wouldn't be surprised if they ban the Russian language soon...

flamming_python, Werewolf, d_taddei2, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, kvs, JohninMK and like this post

ucmvulcan
    ucmvulcan

Post  ucmvulcan Fri Mar 11, 2022 4:42 am

Rasisuki Nebia wrote:I'm so sad at how the west and it's people were so easily fooled and blinded into this hate parade, the west took it's mask off and we knew they were vile but i never thought it would be this vile even though i predicted it before the invasion with my friends, i wouldn't be surprised if they ban the Russian language soon...

That actually will probably happen, and we'll see it at universities. There is nothing so hateful and disgusting as an American college studen with an uninformed opinion other than maybe an American college professor with an uninformed opinion

Werewolf, andalusia, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, kvs, GunshipDemocracy, miketheterrible and like this post

Broski
    Broski

Post  Broski Fri Mar 11, 2022 4:46 am

I'll never understand (mostly liberal) Russians that always look down on their own country and leadership. The average Nordic/Anglo-Saxon westerner doesn't even see Russians as fellow white people but rather as a race of subhuman mongoloids, and their leadership have even lower opinions of Russians. It's like a version of the "White God Factor" that a lot of women from the 3rd world experience around white men, except it's "Anglo God Factor" for the self loathing Russians that want to be accepted by them so badly.

flamming_python, Werewolf, andalusia, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, kvs, GunshipDemocracy and like this post

GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

Post  GunshipDemocracy Fri Mar 11, 2022 4:46 am

IMHO too easy to detect by FB and not of huge impact. Perhaps better strategy would be hack accounts of influential people/agencies and put some pics of what Ukronazi in reality were doing? or pics form Odessa 2014?

It would be short-lived but anyway millions of people could see this.

We have Russian agent in Mexico  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #5 - Page 30 OuvbGz9zSOh59VZWmFJUfUF7ltg

GarryB, franco, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, kvs, miketheterrible and Hole like this post

GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Post  GunshipDemocracy Fri Mar 11, 2022 4:54 am

d_taddei2 wrote:

Zuckerberg after Wikipedia:

His great-grandparents were Jewish emigrants from Austria, Germany, and Poland.[12] He had a Star Wars-themed bar mitzvah when he turned 13

It's like spitting on Holocaust victims face.

d_taddei2, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza and Mir like this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Fri Mar 11, 2022 5:22 am

https://t.me/istorijaoruzija/42183

Sounds of strikes near Dnepr, from which direction is Russia approaching?? From Kruvy Rog?

GunshipDemocracy likes this post

GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Post  GunshipDemocracy Fri Mar 11, 2022 5:27 am

Krasnoyarsk tanker Alexei Levkin was awarded the title of Hero of Russia for fighting in Ukraine
    The commander of a tank company destroyed two tanks and three infantry fighting vehicles

Tank officer from Krasnoyarsk Alexei Levkin was awarded the title of Hero of Russia for his courage in battles against the Armed Forces of Ukraine during a military special operation.

According to KP-Krasnoyarsk , the commander of a tank company, Levkin, received an order to advance to a line determined by the command to carry out a combat mission. The company commander was attacked by the Ukrainian military, while the number of forces was in favor of the enemy. Levkin ordered the company to enter the battle, and he personally destroyed two tanks and three infantry fighting vehicles.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #5 - Page 30 Wr-960

Читайте на WWW.KP.RU: https://www.kp.ru/online/news/4657831/

Kudos to true hero !

kvs wrote:
    Ukraine is populated by clones of one woman.  And Russian bombing does not damage
    buildings enough to destroy them.   More news at 11.

kvs, I spilled coffee on my keyboard, blyat What a Face What a Face What a Face

GarryB, psg, Werewolf, magnumcromagnon, Hannibal Barca, Big_Gazza, kvs and like this post

Dr.Snufflebug

Post  Dr.Snufflebug Fri Mar 11, 2022 5:41 am

Arkanghelsk wrote:https://t.me/istorijaoruzija/42183

Sounds of strikes near Dnepr, from which direction is Russia approaching?? From Kruvy Rog?

People are talking about cruise missile strikes as far west as Lutsk this morning.

My guess would be that they're targeting storage/gathering points for the western military aid, but that's just conjecture.

Big_Gazza, Yugo90, Mir and Arkanghelsk like this post

Dr.Snufflebug

Post  Dr.Snufflebug Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:04 am

Yes, seems like Lutsk, Ivano-Frankivsk and Dnipro were all struck by cruise missiles this morning.

The target in Lutsk was reportedly the "Motor" plant, which is the only remaining enterprise in Ukraine that services and overhauls MiG-29 engines.

Also, a Tupolev drone (141/143) seems to have flown all the way to Zagreb, Croatia. No joke. Crashed there late last night with its recovery parachutes deployed. No injuries reported, but a lot of surprised Croatian faces for sure.

This will be interesting to see what it's about. My first thoughts are 1. Ukrainian attempt to get NATO involved somehow, or 2. a Russian decoy that was supposed to bait Ukrainian SAMs but that somehow flew all the way through. It had to have been launched from Belarus in that case, as its range is not sufficient to reach Croatia from the Russian mainland. From Ukraine it has enough range.

Either way, it must also have flown through an entire NATO country in the first place (Hungary, Romania) to have reached Croatia (also NATO). So that makes me wonder about the state of the air defenses there.

GarryB, flamming_python, Hole, Mir, Broski and Arkanghelsk like this post

diabetus

Post  diabetus Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:58 am

Does anyone have information on movements around Sumy?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:25 pm