Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+81
Aristide
zorobabel
Cheetah
zepia
ludovicense
VARGR198
Serberus
Rasisuki Nebia
billybatts91
rigoletto
jhelb
mnztr
diabetus
Kiko
ahmedfire
Dima
TMA1
lancelot
Belisarius
walle83
Odin of Ossetia
AlfaT8
Urluber
mack8
Hannibal Barca
Podlodka77
LMFS
RTN
SeigSoloyvov
auslander
andalusia
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
Big_Gazza
Firebird
DerWolf
teh_beard
Kriva
ucmvulcan
Ispan
franco
Arrow
Azi
nomadski
Walther von Oldenburg
ALAMO
GunshipDemocracy
Dr.Snufflebug
Yugo90
Lurk83
Isos
adder
Hole
JohninMK
Scorpius
Werewolf
Singular_Transform
Airbornewolf
Sujoy
Mir
Stealthflanker
OminousSpudd
Vann7
miketheterrible
ATLASCUB
lyle6
magnumcromagnon
kvs
sundoesntrise
GarryB
thegopnik
Arkanghelsk
ArgentinaGuard
Erk
flamming_python
par far
Backman
Broski
Regular
Krepost
EkErilaz
d_taddei2
85 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #5

Isos
    Isos

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #5 - Page 13 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #5

Post  Isos Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:04 pm

Podlodka77 wrote:and that wikipedia has become just western propaganda, see for yourself ...
    According to this link, Russia lost 140+ tanks (destroyed and captured), while Ukraine lost only 40 ... Smile So how come Ukrainian tanks are not in front of Moscow, if that is already the case? the internet has become just a western tool of propaganda

https://www.oryxspioenkop.com/2022/02/attack-on-europe-documenting-equipment.html

You can check pictures shared on twitter. There are plenty of destroyed, abondoned or caprured russian tanks. Numbers ? I can't tell.

Unrainians don't share their loses. Nor do they really use their veucles. They are fighting in guerilla mode rather than conventionally.

They are very well equiped for ambush and run tactics and their weapons can one shoot any tank. They have also enough teams so 140 tanks isn't that surprising.

Russia also doesn't really control all the territory they are in. That's why plenty of supply vehicles were destroyed.

They take heavy losses but the more time goes by the less they wil suffer because ukrainians are suffering heavier losses.

Big_Gazza and Podlodka77 dislike this post

lyle6
    lyle6

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #5 - Page 13 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #5

Post  lyle6 Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:06 pm

miketheterrible wrote:

Rutube is a great opportunity for russians and not just Russians. Honestly, they need to have an English, Hindi and Cantonese/Mandarin language for that site and VK.

Nah, just keep it in Russian. Everyone else can either learn the language or ****-off.

Regular, magnumcromagnon, kvs, Yugo90 and ucmvulcan like this post

miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:07 pm

Isos wrote:
    Podlodka77 wrote:and that wikipedia has become just western propaganda, see for yourself ...
    According to this link, Russia lost 140+ tanks (destroyed and captured), while Ukraine lost only 40 ... Smile So how come Ukrainian tanks are not in front of Moscow, if that is already the case? the internet has become just a western tool of propaganda

https://www.oryxspioenkop.com/2022/02/attack-on-europe-documenting-equipment.html

You can check pictures shared on twitter. There are plenty of destroyed, abondoned or caprured russian tanks. Numbers ? I can't tell.

Unrainians don't share their loses. Nor do they really use their veucles. They are fighting in guerilla mode rather than conventionally.

They are very well equiped for ambush and run tactics and their weapons can one shoot any tank. They have also enough teams so 140 tanks isn't that surprising.

Russia also doesn't really control all the territory they are in. That's why plenty of supply vehicles were destroyed.

They take heavy losses but the more time goes by the less they wil suffer because ukrainians are suffering heavier losses.

Because most bases carrying Ukrainian tanks and vehicles have been hit. Ukraine lost most of its equipment from missile strikes and airstrikes on the bases.

Well, that, plus the bases captured by LDNR which has shown dozens of equipment.

So maybe they don't count those losses because they were not I'm combat?

Last edited by miketheterrible on Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

GarryB likes this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:07 pm

Russia and Russian companies are now allowed to pay foreign creditors in rubles as a tool to avoid defaults while capital controls remain in place.

The decree, signed by President Vladimir Putin on Saturday, sets out temporary regulations for sovereign and corporate debtors to provide payments to creditors from “countries that engage in hostile activities” against Russia, its companies, and citizens. The list of such nations will be released by the Russian government within two days.

The new requirement, which comes three weeks after Washington and Brussels approved sweeping measures targeting Moscow’s financial sector, applies to amounts in excess of 10 million rubles ($81,900) per month. Payments will be considered executed if they are carried out in rubles at the Central Bank of Russia’s official rate

Very good stuff, this is hilarious, all those loans are now forgiven basically lol

GarryB, franco, Big_Gazza, kvs, auslander, zepia, miketheterrible and like this post

miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:09 pm

Arkanghelsk wrote:Russia and Russian companies are now allowed to pay foreign creditors in rubles as a tool to avoid defaults while capital controls remain in place.

The decree, signed by President Vladimir Putin on Saturday, sets out temporary regulations for sovereign and corporate debtors to provide payments to creditors from “countries that engage in hostile activities” against Russia, its companies, and citizens. The list of such nations will be released by the Russian government within two days.

The new requirement, which comes three weeks after Washington and Brussels approved sweeping measures targeting Moscow’s financial sector, applies to amounts in excess of 10 million rubles ($81,900) per month. Payments will be considered executed if they are carried out in rubles at the Central Bank of Russia’s official rate

Very good stuff, this is hilarious,  all those loans are now forgiven basically lol

I don't think they will not want their money. Guarantee you they will open up Ruble accounts and get their rubles. So it will cause the value to jump.

GarryB, LMFS and Hole like this post

ucmvulcan
    ucmvulcan

Post  ucmvulcan Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:21 pm

lyle6 wrote:
    miketheterrible wrote:

Rutube is a great opportunity for russians and not just Russians. Honestly, they need to have an English, Hindi and Cantonese/Mandarin language for that site and VK.

Nah, just keep it in Russian. Everyone else can either learn the language or ****-off.

Well some of us are learning, those 5 tenses though man, painful. The alphabet and lack of definitive articles are easy, but the tenses and the sound Г makes when surrounded by vowels especially O is somewhat difficult. Do you have any course material or texts you would recommend to help those of us who want to improve our abilities to read and speak Russian?

miketheterrible and Urluber like this post

ucmvulcan
    ucmvulcan

Post  ucmvulcan Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:24 pm

Podlodka77 wrote:yes, but i don't believe that 4 were shot down as published by some "source" on wikipedia. Wikipedia is now nothing but pure propaganda..

Yeah. If you go by Wikipropaganda, the Russian army has barely crossed the border and is still bogged down just north of Crimea.

GarryB, flamming_python, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, miketheterrible, Mir and Broski like this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:30 pm

What time does ceasefire end ?

lyle6
    lyle6

Post  lyle6 Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:31 pm

ucmvulcan wrote:
    Well some of us are learning, those 5 tenses though man, painful.  The alphabet and lack of definitive articles are easy, but the tenses and the sound Г makes when surrounded by vowels especially O is somewhat difficult.  Do you have any course material or texts you would recommend to help those of us who want to improve our abilities to read and speak Russian?  
    took 2 semesters of the stuff in college, but, gun to my head, I'm not conversant either. Syrian rapefugee levels at best. Give me a phrasebook and I might be able to make through a single day in a Russian city but that's about it.
    Airbornewolf
    Airbornewolf

Post  Airbornewolf Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:36 pm

Podlodka77 wrote:yes, but i don't believe that 4 were shot down as published by some "source" on wikipedia. Wikipedia is now nothing but pure propaganda..

Meanth as an general post:

Wikipedia,...twitter,....facebook,...... instagram....tiktok...western mainstream media.

Everybody knows its western biased crap/fake footage, yet everyone keeps posting shit from there on this forum.
    And asking if its true and/or throwing fits about "Russia peforming poorly".

Yes, Russia take casualties, it is open War.

Ukraine is not Iraq or Afghanistan where there basically was no army to oppose NATO.

Even during the Iraq/Afghanistan invasion/deployments NATO lost dozens upon dozens of aircraft (and men) to hostile fire.
    i believe after 9.11 the U.S themselves have over 7000 KIA's alone with their foreign adventures. Not mentioning the rest of the NATO allies.
    But for obvious reasons it was not plastered on TV by MSM, and no social media or mobile phones of course.

Yet, everyone now expects that Russia's aircraft and vehicles and Men to be invincible?.
    Not everyone comes back, But there is an job that needs to be done.

I really regret the Russian casualtys so far, But i also can not see how this could have been resolved on an non-millitary way.
    Clearly, nobody wanted to listen for 8 years to Moscow's concerns on the LPR DPR and keep pressing the Genocidal nazi's in eastern Ukraine.
    Nobody in NATO listened to Putin since 2006 on that NATO on Russia's border would be an red line.
    There is an U.S VLS missile base already in Romania, another one to be build in Poland. Now Ukraine.... The west just laughed and continued putting troops and nuclear-capable weapons on Russia's border.

When things go bad in operations, it does not have to be an failure of someone.
    It is war, shit goes wrong at times that you could not have prevented.
    Everybody has 20/20 Hindsight afterwards.

Everybody wants the best fancy weapons, the best technology, and best situation.
    But that luxury does not exist in any world, millitary resources (men,vehicles,aircraft, munitions) are an Finite resource.
    It is spread all over an battlefield to keep equal pressure on the entire front.

Russia is waging an war against an enemy that has been propped up by NATO with anything NATO could throw at it.
    near limitless NATO Weapons, Training, Command and control, Logistics, mercenaries, real-time intelligence gathering, etc.

Russia meanwhile is re-inventing the manual how an actual, open modern war is fought.
    They have to take into account literally everything.

Massive logistical chains.
    Battlefield deployment and maintaining battle lines. (C&C)
    Combined arms fighting
    Air superiority combat.
    CAS/Fire support.
    Drone warfare
    Massive CQB enviroments that include skyscrapers/tall flats
    Humanitarian considerations
    Destroyed infrastructure like bridges and contructing crossings
    Naval operations
    Electronic Warfare
    Sabotage actions.
    Precision strikes with smart weapons
    Seizing strategic objectives like they did with the nuclear facilities and airports.
    Media/information warfare.
    The list goes on...

Russia is doing an admirable job millitary wise so far judging by various sources.

GarryB, markgreven, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, kvs, zepia, JohninMK and like this post

Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:44 pm

ucmvulcan wrote:
    lyle6 wrote:
    miketheterrible wrote:

Well some of us are learning, those 5 tenses though man, painful.  The alphabet and lack of definitive articles are easy, but the tenses and the sound Г makes when surrounded by vowels especially O is somewhat difficult.  Do you have any course material or texts you would recommend to help those of us who want to improve our abilities to read and speak Russian?  

What is the problem with G letter? As a kid these letters э ы щ were hard to learn and some simply don't bother and that's where our accent comes from when speaking Russian. But with practice, you can iron it out. Just watch Russian movies, preferably old ones as new ones are not as good as the golden era, and try to repeat what is being said. You will soon learn types of Russian accents and how to mimic them. Also, for reading - adult learning books would be the best choice, I have no clue what is available, but you can try finding free ones online first.

ucmvulcan likes this post

Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:01 pm

Podlodka77 wrote:I'm not on the forum for days because I'm angry, very angry. Is there any information about these Su-34 planes, allegedly shot down? I kind of don't believe that

Yep, it's disappointing, but this is war I'm afraid and bad shit happens to good people. May I suggest that you try to be philosophical and focus on the fact that this fight is necessary and has been forced onto Russia by the intransigence of her enemies, and that while Russia may take losses, the enemy will suffer far worse, their very regime will be torn down and stamped into the dust of history, and the criminals responsible will be forced to account for their actions and will be punished accordingly.

While the Su-34 is indeed a fine warplane, it is still a machine, a product of fallible human hands, and its not endowed with godlike powers. Russia as a nation-state however... well now that is a different story! Laughing

russia

GarryB, psg, kvs and Podlodka77 like this post

Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:04 pm

lyle6 wrote:
    took 2 semesters of the stuff in college, but, gun to my head, I'm not conversant either. Syrian rapefugee levels at best. Give me a phrasebook and I might be able to make through a single day in a Russian city but that's about it.

2 semesters is nothing. If your educational system is anything like ours (it strongly focuses on STEM) then you shouldn't even blame yourself. I was studying German for 6 years, I still remember its strict grammar, sentence structures, and so on, but my German is non-existent, I can read ok, but my writing is even worse than my broken English... And I've never studied English - I've learned it by playing WOW and Runescape and it stayed and this primitive level for years.

Conversational Russian on other hand is not that hard to learn if you are practicing with a native speaker. Just make sure she/he is not some crypto Ukr or else they will bastardize your Russian without you knowing it and you will sound like someone from Rostov region.

lyle6 and ucmvulcan like this post

Stealthflanker
    Stealthflanker

Post  Stealthflanker Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:15 pm

Ukrainian now shares some distressing video of sorry, BMP-2 not BMD blowing up civvies car and killing two civvies without any provocation.

could be false flag or tragic mistake as Ukrainian troops and militias also use civilian vehicles.

Last edited by Stealthflanker on Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:15 pm

Looks like the evacuation is falling apart

Ukraine only confirmed 1 of 10 agreed evacuation routes the MOD says

This could get ugly fast

d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, miketheterrible, Yugo90 and Broski like this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:17 pm

The Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation about humanitarian corridors and evacuation: - 723 people were evacuated along the Sumy – Poltava route. 

Of these, 576 are citizens of India, 115 - China, 20 - Jordan, 12 - Tunisia. 

- Kiev has confirmed only one route out of ten for people to leave Ukrainian cities — from Sumy through Poltava to the border with Poland. 

- The Kiev authorities continue to categorically reject all the main evacuation routes from Kiev, Chernihiv, Sumy, Kharkiv and Mariupol to Russia. 

- The militants of the territorial defense battalions are holding hostage in Ukraine as a "human shield" more than 4.5 million civilians, as well as about 2 thousand foreigners who wished to evacuate to safe places.

It's time to start the operation, obviously they are delaying for time

Am sorry for citizens of Mariupol,  should have voted the other way

d_taddei2, Hannibal Barca, Big_Gazza, kvs, JohninMK, miketheterrible, Yugo90 and Broski like this post

d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Post  d_taddei2 Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:20 pm

Updates

1) Kiev Has Confirmed Only One of Ten Planned Evacuation Corridors,

2) US Gasoline Prices Hit All-Time High of $4.17 Per Gallon, Automobile Association Says

3) US to Ban Import of Russian Oil, Announcement Expected as Early as Today - Bloomberg Reporter

4) EU Representatives Boycott Russia's Address at OPCW Executive Council Meeting - Diplomat

5) Ukraine Needs Security Guarantees in Absence of NATO Membership, Zelensky's Aide Says

6) Two million people have left Ukraine since the start of the war: UN

magnumcromagnon, Airbornewolf, kvs, JohninMK, LMFS and Broski like this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:28 pm

How would operation in Mariupol look before mass bombardment?

I guess 58 CAA and 150 Mrd Have to secure a route and corridor for civilians to evac

That's where it will be bloody, holding those positions and covering will be difficult

Ukrops will be shelling the green zone

Counter fire will be dangerous falling on civilians

But that's only thing can be done, secure and hold evac routes and give them 12 to 16 hours

Then commence mass bombardment
    Broski
    Broski

Post  Broski Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:31 pm

I've asked this previously in one of the other threads but I don't remember getting an answer, what happens if Zelensky continues to rule the Ukraine in exile like Juan Guaido? 

I know that Novorossiya is a given at this point but that still doesn't solve the issue of the Ukraine becoming a Neutral State. The last thing Russia wants is to become an occupier that never leaves nor do they want to install a puppet government in Zelensky's place.

Lets not forget that the US/UK/EU is pouring in Millions, no, Billions of dollars worth of weaponry and 1000's of mercenaries (most of them are losers but many competent Special Operations Forces would be included) and they've already declared their intentions of creating an ISIS-style insurgency after the Ukrainian military's defeat. 

So what options does Russia have if Zelensky refuses to concede to Russia's demands (very likely) while encouraging the Orc population to fight Russia?

Last edited by Broski on Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
    d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Post  d_taddei2 Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:38 pm

Ukraine has Breeched the Geneva convention and Zelensky and his commanders should be arrested and tried as war criminals. When will we see them in court? When will we see them being investigated not just for their crimes in 2022 but also for the last 8yrs. I see zero condemnation from Western governments.

" states that the parties to the conflict shall, to the maximum extent feasible, “without prejudice to Article 49 of the Fourth Convention, endeavour to remove the civilian population, individual civilians and civilian objects under their control from the vicinity of military objectives"

Specific to Ukraine

"Ukraine’s IHL Manual (2004) states:
    Civilian persons and civilian objects shall be removed from the locations of military objectives. To that end commanders (commanding officers) shall take all measures to interact with local authorities.
    Removal of civilians from areas located near military objectives shall be performed to safe areas known to them.
    If circumstances permit, effective warning of the defensive actions affecting the civilian population shall be made in advance (e.g. for evacuation of persons from certain buildings or areas)"

Hannibal Barca, Big_Gazza, kvs, miketheterrible, LMFS and Urluber like this post

Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:39 pm

Stealthflanker wrote:Ukrainian now shares some distressing video of sorry, BMP-2 not BMD blowing up civvies car and killing two civvies without any provocation.

could be false flag or tragic mistake as Ukrainian troops and militias also use civilian vehicles.

It's from 28th, no markings on BMP, column seems to be Russian. I don't think anyone would do that without the reason, BMP started shooting at the vehicle while it was still behind the trees and maybe they didn't know it was civilian, not sure. Impossible to tell at this point.

miketheterrible likes this post

sundoesntrise

Post  sundoesntrise Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:59 pm

Pepe confirms initial article by pro Hezb/Iran al mayadeen that 450 radicals from Idlib have been transferred to Ukraine. Mostly foreigners.

https://mobile.twitter.com/RealPepeEscobar/status/1501205882289414151
    EkErilaz
    EkErilaz

Post  EkErilaz Tue Mar 08, 2022 4:04 pm

Regular wrote:
    ucmvulcan wrote:
    lyle6 wrote:
    miketheterrible wrote:

What is the problem with G letter? As a kid these letters э ы щ were hard to learn and some simply don't bother and that's where our accent comes from when speaking Russian. But with practice, you can iron it out. Just watch Russian movies, preferably old ones as new ones are not as good as the golden era, and try to repeat what is being said. You will soon learn types of Russian accents and how to mimic them. Also, for reading - adult learning books would be the best choice, I have no clue what is available, but you can try finding free ones online first.

Ahh, we meet again Mr ы, nemesis and mortal enemy!! lol

I hate that letter, it is practically impossible for me to get it right, and if you have a language tutor that is a perfectionist it can take 20 tries to get a word right, and then 5 minutes later when you again trip over the same word... 20 new repetitions!! =)

Regular and ucmvulcan like this post

Hannibal Barca
    Hannibal Barca

Post  Hannibal Barca Tue Mar 08, 2022 4:10 pm

Thoughts:
    -Seems that an upscale in the intensity of war is required.
    -Economically, so far so good.
    -Fragmentatios in the West camp evident.

Big_Gazza, lancelot and Mir like this post

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Tue Mar 08, 2022 4:18 pm

The image from Polish sources about the linguistic distribution of Ukraine is a pure fabrication. I have posted a valid graphic
    before. The fake from irridentist Poland would have you believe that Kharkov was a mova using city. It never was.
    Actual Russian is used in all the oblasts bordering Russia and along the Southern shore. Surzhyk which sounds much closer
    to Russian than the mova is spoken in the center-east. The mova is only spoken in the Banderite core bordering Poland.
    Its presence in the rest of Ukraine is from both Soviet and post-Soviet transplantation. The mova is nowhere at 90%
    outside of the Lvov (Lemberg/Lwow) region.

magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, LMFS and Mir like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 3:56 am