Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+79
Scorpius
auslander
adder
sundoesntrise
franco
Eugenio Argentina
Atmosphere
pavi
dino00
lyle6
billybatts91
wilhelm
Singular_Transform
Arrow
higurashihougi
mnrck
ahmedfire
ATLASCUB
Hannibal Barca
ArgentinaGuard
ScotchedEarth
Ispan
nero
The Ottoman
psg
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
lancelot
Azi
limb
Werewolf
rigoletto
mack8
Serberus
Sujoy
OminousSpudd
GarryB
teh_beard
Yugo90
Erk
Odin of Ossetia
ucmvulcan
SolidarityWithRussia
bitcointrader70
AlfaT8
Broski
LMFS
Kriva
Big_Gazza
magnumcromagnon
thegopnik
Hole
Regular
GunshipDemocracy
Stealthflanker
medo
JohninMK
SeigSoloyvov
Mir
VARGR198
Walther von Oldenburg
Firebird
Urluber
Rasisuki Nebia
Airbornewolf
ALAMO
nomadski
Rodion_Romanovic
Vann7
George1
miketheterrible
flamming_python
par far
kvs
Isos
Karl Haushofer
EkErilaz
Arkanghelsk
Backman
d_taddei2
83 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #4

miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #4 - Page 11 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #4

Post  miketheterrible Fri Mar 04, 2022 5:18 pm

So now Joe Biden is threatening India. This won't go well for Indians as they lived through sanctions before.

Big_Gazza and VARGR198 like this post

Regular
    Regular

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #4 - Page 11 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #4

Post  Regular Fri Mar 04, 2022 5:20 pm

Mir wrote:From Balancer>>

Here you see the Tungukas being prepped for torching >>

And here is a still from the "production"  Laughing

Why burn it? They could have used it in direct support at least.
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Fri Mar 04, 2022 5:23 pm

Mir wrote:From the same source >>

The savages were given a complex technique, but they do not know how to work with it. More than one BBM in our direction has not been destroyed from the crap, the tube from which I have in my hands.

LaughingLaughing

Well, more western equipment to be evaluated by Russians. I personally don't like how bulky NLAWs are...

d_taddei2 likes this post

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Fri Mar 04, 2022 5:24 pm

https://t.me/svarschiki/4349

Russian lives matter.

GarryB, Werewolf, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, zepia, miketheterrible, Hole and like this post

Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Fri Mar 04, 2022 5:29 pm

nomadski wrote:Drones have uses , but they can also be shot down , because they are large and slow , also they are expensive . I was thinking about motorcycle or quad riders , providing a shield to motorised unit of supply convoys . They could ride on flanks of convoy , in a line and sweep ahead of convoys . Range of ATGM , is not long , and ten or so riders on each side of convoy , separated by 100 or 200 meters , will capture in a net , any ATGM nest . Cheaper and safer than helicopters , more practical than drone survey . Once advanced units of armour , taken positions , then supply convoys can have also cage armour . These manufactured en - masse and flown to units to be bolted on .

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BkMCwlcVrpQ

Good in desert where visuals can be established quite far, but totally not suited in a country like Ukraine. They would be too easy targets. Best solution here would be drones that can glide and loiter for a long time, not copter-type ones. Russia is already using UAVs, but not on the scale some would expect. I was wondering if Russia will flood Ukraine with Lancet drones, but it seems this hasn't happened.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Fri Mar 04, 2022 5:30 pm

Yugo90 wrote:Why Russian soldiers don't target their barracks ? They could do it. Americans would do it 100 %.

Orders from on high. Lavrov mentions it in interviews as a plus point, Russia not wanting to kill normal Ukie soldiers.

I doubt it applies to some groups Laughing

GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs, auslander, Mir, Broski and Arkanghelsk like this post

rigoletto
    rigoletto

Post  rigoletto Fri Mar 04, 2022 5:34 pm

Zelensky Fled to Poland and is 'Hiding in US Embassy', Ukrainian Lawmaker Says

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky earlier said that he has not left the
    country's capital Kiev due to the ongoing Russian military operation in Ukraine
    to "demilitarise and de-Nazify" the country.

Ukrainian opposition lawmaker Ilya Kiva claimed that the president "urgently"
    left for Poland and is hiding in the US Embassy there.

https://sputniknews.com/20220304/zelensky-left-ukraine-for-poland-russian-state-duma-speaker-says-1093588232.html

GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs, VARGR198, Yugo90, Mir, Broski and like this post

Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Fri Mar 04, 2022 5:49 pm

Mir wrote:From Balancer>>

https://www.tanzpol.org/2022/03/t101441_260--rossijsko-ukrainskaya-vojna.html

Here you see the Tungukas being prepped for torching >>
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #4 - Page 11 04-10510

And here is a still from the "production"  Laughing
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #4 - Page 11 Tang-c10

I don't understand. Are those ukrainian tunguska destroyed for propaganda ?

Big_Gazza and VARGR198 like this post

mack8
    mack8

Post  mack8 Fri Mar 04, 2022 5:51 pm

I too have  a suspicion they might be  ukrainian. The small fires seen can hardly damage an armoured vehicle like Tunguska isn't it?

d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, miketheterrible, Yugo90, Mir and Arkanghelsk like this post

Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Fri Mar 04, 2022 6:00 pm

mack8 wrote:I too have  a suspicion they might be  ukrainian. The small fires seen can hardly damage an armoured vehicle like Tunguska isn't it?

Idk but ukrainians have lot of graveyeards for soviet equipement that is for a long time now just scrap metal rusting there. They could have moved plenty of them to burn like those one and release as kills.

mack8 and Big_Gazza like this post

Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Fri Mar 04, 2022 6:06 pm

3 confirmed su-25 downed and one mi-8 destroyed when it tried to rescue one of the pilots.

They clearly need more drones to hunt AD systems. It's not stingers but buk and Osa the main issue.
    Mir
    Mir

Post  Mir Fri Mar 04, 2022 6:12 pm

Regular wrote:
    Why burn it? They could have used it in direct support at least.

That's exactly what I'm saying - they should have used it but they chose to rather use it for propaganda.

I think they came from the same vehicle yard and some "Zees" painted on them. Probably parked in a garage somewhere but not operational.

Big_Gazza likes this post

miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Fri Mar 04, 2022 6:14 pm

Isos wrote:3 confirmed su-25 downed and one mi-8 destroyed when it tried to rescue one of the pilots.

They clearly need more drones to hunt AD systems. It's not stingers but buk and Osa the main issue.

confirmed by who? Can we get links?

Big_Gazza, bitch_killer and Arkanghelsk like this post

Yugo90

Post  Yugo90 Fri Mar 04, 2022 6:15 pm

Isos wrote:3 confirmed su-25 downed and one mi-8 destroyed when it tried to rescue one of the pilots.

Are the pilots ok ? I hope they are alive
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Fri Mar 04, 2022 6:16 pm

I haven't looked into Russian drone tech lately but I don't think they have big enough drones that can carry the munitions needed to take out those systems and if they do its a very small amount of them.
    Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Fri Mar 04, 2022 6:16 pm

Yugo90 wrote:I don't understand why Russia doesn't send reinforcements ? They will start loosing what they gained. It would be nice if they send some fresh troops. Maybe 20-25 k.

Read post 226. There is a 60km long column of equipment waiting. As soon as the smaller cauldrons in the east are closed and the clown is still not surrendering, they will move in.

magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, Yugo90, Mir and Urluber like this post

Urluber

Post  Urluber Fri Mar 04, 2022 6:23 pm

Hmm.. interesting.
    Mr. Kadyrov asks the President to give go-ahead for Chechen battalion to liberate the major cities Kiev, Kharkov.

IMO this appears to be a genuine (not political theater) as he states among other the following:

“Comrade President, Comrade Supreme Commander, I have said more than once that I am your infantryman, I am ready to give my life for you,” Kadyrov insisted. “But I cannot watch how our fighters are dying. I beg you turn a blind eye to everything and let them finish in a day or two what is happening there.”

https://www.rt.com/russia/551246-kadyrov-chechen-troops-ukraine-plea/

magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, zepia, Odin of Ossetia, miketheterrible, Hole, Yugo90 and like this post

SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Fri Mar 04, 2022 6:32 pm

Urluber wrote:Hmm.. interesting.
    Mr. Kadyrov asks the President to give go-ahead for Chechen battalion to liberate the major cities Kiev, Kharkov.

IMO this appears to be a genuine (not political theater) as he states among other the following:

“Comrade President, Comrade Supreme Commander, I have said more than once that I am your infantryman, I am ready to give my life for you,” Kadyrov insisted. “But I cannot watch how our fighters are dying. I beg you turn a blind eye to everything and let them finish in a day or two what is happening there.”

Respect to a commander who values his men's lives and doesn't want them to die when not necessary.

Odin of Ossetia, Yugo90, Broski and Arkanghelsk like this post

Yugo90

Post  Yugo90 Fri Mar 04, 2022 6:35 pm

SeigSoloyvov wrote:
    Urluber wrote:Hmm.. interesting.

Respect to a commander who values his men's lives and doesn't want them to die when not necessary.

Yes. Not even 1 soldier should die because of stupid decisions. That chechen died in an ambush. And it could been different if they chose better tactic

Broski likes this post

rigoletto
    rigoletto

Post  rigoletto Fri Mar 04, 2022 6:38 pm

Hungarian PM says countries can’t count on NATO to protect them

“NATO will protect us when we are ready to defend ourselves. Anyone who thinks NATO will protect us is wrong,”

https://www.rt.com/news/551215-hungarian-pm-cannot-count-nato/

GarryB, Big_Gazza, zepia, Odin of Ossetia, miketheterrible, Hole, Yugo90 and like this post

Mir
    Mir

Post  Mir Fri Mar 04, 2022 6:44 pm

An interesting letter from the Kiev authorities but it might be fake? Yandex translate >>

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #4 - Page 11 01-20212

If true this weekend might mark the end of the hostilities.
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Fri Mar 04, 2022 6:50 pm

completely fake doc.

flamming_python, Broski and Urluber like this post

Urluber

Post  Urluber Fri Mar 04, 2022 6:52 pm

Pretty sure it's a fake.
    I don't claim to know much about how these things work during the wartime but I would heavily doubt they would admit effective destruction of their army and loss of 40% of the country in a letter that has any chance of leaking. Those kind of messages would only be exchanged between very narrow team who know they all end up against the wall if capitulation takes place.

Last edited by Urluber on Fri Mar 04, 2022 6:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Mir
    Mir

Post  Mir Fri Mar 04, 2022 6:53 pm

Just waiting for Orlan and Bitcoin dude - just to make 100% sure Laughing
    Mir
    Mir

Post  Mir Fri Mar 04, 2022 6:59 pm

On the other hand - with Zelenski in hiding in Poland there is a strong rumour of a possible military coup dunno

A very angry Russian got hold of this T-64 >>  attack
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #4 - Page 11 05-20210

The angry Russian made them abandon this one >> >>
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #4 - Page 11 07-64-10

Last edited by Mir on Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

GarryB, Big_Gazza, Odin of Ossetia, VARGR198, Hole and Yugo90 like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 4:53 am