Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+77
lancelot
Stealthflanker
Dr.Snufflebug
PortugueseMan
Firebird
adder
jhelb
lyle6
ahmedfire
littlerabbit
caveat emptor
ALAMO
chinggis
auslander
Walther von Oldenburg
EkErilaz
Backman
franco
billybatts91
Dima
Broski
Arrow
Tolstoy
GarryB
Maximmmm
Erk
Sujoy
Rasisuki Nebia
Ghoster
sundoesntrise
Yugo90
Atmosphere
Krepost
mack8
ucmvulcan
Autodestruct
thegopnik
Big_Gazza
d_taddei2
Tingsay
Kriva
GunshipDemocracy
dante6913
AlfaT8
Regular
Werewolf
SolidarityWithRussia
Cheetah
par far
Vann7
Ispan
Karl Haushofer
LMFS
Odin of Ossetia
ATLASCUB
Hannibal Barca
ArgentinaGuard
Airbornewolf
zorobabel
rigoletto
flamming_python
limb
teh_beard
miketheterrible
Isos
Urluber
PapaDragon
nomadski
Hole
JohninMK
bitcointrader70
SeigSoloyvov
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
Arkanghelsk
kvs
mnztr
Mir
81 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3

Arrow

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3 - Page 31 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3

Post  Arrow Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:56 pm

Airbus is imposing sanctions on Russia.

LMFS likes this post

miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3 - Page 31 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3

Post  miketheterrible Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:58 pm

Edit: I'll place on ignore

Last edited by miketheterrible on Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Ispan
    Ispan

Post  Ispan Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:59 pm

I got some questions from readers, and made a post about how long can the surrounded ukrops hold on.

https://guerraenucrania.wordpress.com/2022/03/02/duracion-de-la-resistencia-del-ejercito-ucraniano-cercado/

By the way, seems I have a flair for my estimates, I am proven right again

Given the known material losses of the Ukies

395 tanks and other armored fighting vehicles, 59 multiple launch rocket systems, 179 field artillery guns and mortars and 286 special military vehicles were destroyed.»

total 919 pieces of hardware, a consistent rule of thumb is 10 casualties in killed, wounded and prisoner per every item destroyed or captured

I wrote in my yesterday report

Z: with these figures of loss of material I estimate 10,000 Ukrainian casualties and they seem to me few given the pockets that are forming, those of the Russian army and militias are probably in a favorable ratio of 1 to 5, about 2,000 )

2,870 Ukrainian troops killed, 3,700 injured, 572 taken prisoner. TOTAL: 7144

Our own

498 killed, 1597 wounded TOTAL 2095

These are the casualties of the breakthrough and the first fights are the hardest, also I think the ukrop casualties are probably underestimated as they count only those dead picked up in the field and not what they are losing in the rear from airstrikes and artillery behind the frontlines

As sad as they are, if not pleased I am relieved they are so low.

Big_Gazza and kvs like this post

miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:00 pm

thegopnik wrote:https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RhS-JDlSj5s RIP to all of them.

Yeah, Motorola and Givi. They will be smiling from above

GarryB, Werewolf, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, zepia, JohninMK, thegopnik and like this post

Stealthflanker
    Stealthflanker

Post  Stealthflanker Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:00 pm

Dr.Snufflebug wrote:Good afternoon, gents (and on the off chance there is one, lady).

Not interested in any of the political bickering back and forth, I am interested in aviation.

I haven't really paid all that much attention to this conflict so far, but had a glance at it today, focusing in the aerial bit.

So, there seems to be a kind of crazy propaganda campaign going on from the Ukrainian and/or western-leaning camp, they reinforce each other, so to speak:
    1. A "Ghost of Kyiv" hoax circulated for days, even involving the notorious 4Chan phenomenon Sam Hyde (written in a vaguely Slavicized variant, with Ukrainian Cyrillic). A MiG-29 claimed 6 (or more) Russian jets over Kyiv.

It's been a week, and there is no corroborating data for even a single one.

2. Two Russian VDV Il-76's shot down over two small villages/towns south of Kyiv, carrying hundreds of paratroopers each. Widely distributed news, was "confirmed by US officials" and so on, but seemed very fishy from the get-go given the geographical connotations (how and why would a big lumbering Russian transport jet fly over central Ukraine in the middle of this all?), and even more fishy as the hours went by, given that the Il-76 is basically a C-17-sized plane, it leaves a big mark when it hits the ground and some on-the-ground confirmation should have shown up within 5-6 hours at least.

No confirmation to date, some 4 days later.

3. Intense dogfights over Ukrainian cities, with multiple shootdowns by Ukrainian fighters. Not a single wreck documented, not a single piece of guncam footage or anything. Some video game visuals have circulated (from Armed Assault/ArmA, and DCS World), some even published by official Ukrainian authorities, but that's it.

The latest one comes from today, with several Russian Su-35Ss apparently being shot down over Kyiv, again, by a MiG-29 or by S-300 batteries. Reported by official Ukrainian channels, but no proof as for now. These news are only hours old, anyway, so proof might surface later. Or not.

The thing is that it seems to me that the Russian Air Force actually didn't conduct any fixed-wing sorties over Ukrainian territory at all until 4-5 days into the conflict, after some SEAD operations. I could be wrong, but that's what it looks like to me. So literally everything claimed before yesterday appears false.

Yeah. the amount of propaganda is crazy. especially for Ghost of Kiev one.

Regarding shot down aircrafts tho, i think it's better to wait until wreckage is found. The fights are in Ukrainian territory, so anything got shot down will crash and burn inside Ukraine and there bound to be some average joes with his/her camera.

Big_Gazza likes this post

lyle6
    lyle6

Post  lyle6 Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:00 pm

Impossible. Ghost of queef alone killed 6 million Russian pilots. Make that 7.

flamming_python, Werewolf, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, kvs, miketheterrible, thegopnik and like this post

d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Post  d_taddei2 Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:03 pm

Once zelensky loses his prized Nazi battalions he will give up. He knows the rest of the Ukrainian army are not really interested in losing their life over this. The Nazi battalions know that they will be killed if caught so will fight to the death that is the part that makes then more difficult to rid of, and with their mindset are willing to kill, use, and destroy civilians and infrastructure as they have nothing left to lose. And Nazi battalions are in bedded with normal trips to enforce them to keep fighting. Let me hope those normal Ukrainian troops get together and kill the Nazi battalions that would be a better solution and I wouldn't be surprised if a few Nazi militia have lost their lives to this already.

On another note reports of TB2 drone still flying around targeting Russian troops. These drones need to be put to bed this will certainly help Russian convoys knowing drones are eliminated.

With the replacement of Odessa mayor shows how important zelensky sees Odessa. I think if Russia takes over Odessa oblast cutting off Ukraine from the sea and link up to Transnistria and Gagauzia will have a dramatic effect on Ukrainian troop morale. And I think north of Odessa Russia will see very little resistance as most troops are in the east, kharkiv, Kiev.. most likely only armed civilians north of Odessa. And Zelensky knows this.

Big_Gazza, Ispan and Arkanghelsk like this post

Broski
    Broski

Post  Broski Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:06 pm

I didn't see any Ukrop propaganda in his post, mike.

edit: spellcheck

Last edited by Broski on Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:07 pm

d_taddei2 wrote:Once zelensky loses his prized Nazi battalions he will give up. He knows the rest of the Ukrainian army are not really interested in losing their life over this. The Nazi battalions know that they will be killed if caught so will fight to the death that is the part that makes then more difficult to rid of, and with their mindset are willing to kill, use, and destroy civilians and infrastructure as they have nothing left to lose. And Nazi battalions are in bedded with normal trips to enforce them to keep fighting. Let me hope those normal Ukrainian troops get together and kill the Nazi battalions that would be a better solution and I wouldn't be surprised if a few Nazi militia have lost their lives to this already.

On another note reports of TB2 drone still flying around targeting Russian troops. These drones need to be put to bed this will certainly help Russian convoys knowing drones are eliminated.

With the replacement of Odessa mayor shows how important zelensky sees Odessa. I think if Russia takes over Odessa oblast cutting off Ukraine from the sea and link up to Transnistria and Gagauzia will have a dramatic effect on Ukrainian troop morale. And I think north of Odessa Russia will see very little resistance as most troops are in the east, kharkiv, Kiev.. most likely only armed civilians north of Odessa. And Zelensky knows this.

Is there evidence of these drones?

I'm rather getting tired of asking this question. Ukrainians being using fakes for so long, anything real they should definitely parade it around. Yet....nothing.

Broski wrote:I didn't see any Ukrop propaganda in his most, mike.

Yeah, I re-read it a few times and it's kind of regurgitating same stuff we already went through earlier but wasn't malicious hence why I edited my post.

Last edited by miketheterrible on Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

GarryB and Big_Gazza like this post

Urluber

Post  Urluber Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:08 pm

Firebird wrote:

Its looking like Cold War 2 is "warmer" than Cold War 1 ever was ... excluding Afghanistan.
    I hope Russia gets its pound of flesh in justice over its enemies.

Hah. You must have forgotten Korea, Vietnam and a lot of "smaller" (less published) conflicts in Africa etc. during CW1.
    Those very pretty hot places also.

GarryB, miketheterrible, Hole, Mir and Arkanghelsk like this post

Firebird

Post  Firebird Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:11 pm

After a major conflict eg the Great Patriotic War, Russia usually places a protective zone in place/takes punitive steps vs those who committed atrocities eg the Western Ukraine additions, Kaliningrad.

America has been promoting a far more extreme version of this with the new settlements for Israel.

I think Russia should take Galicia etc. But different this time. Instead of trying to integrate the Nazis just make their lives miserable. Plenty of em will **** off to their boyfriends in Canada, America, Germany etc. Makes Russia safer, and gives the Russian world an extra buffer zone vs future bullshit.

Just my view anyway.

d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, miketheterrible, Mir, Broski, Arkanghelsk and Urluber like this post

Firebird

Post  Firebird Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:13 pm

Urluber wrote:
    Firebird wrote:

Its looking like Cold War 2 is "warmer" than Cold War 1 ever was ... excluding Afghanistan.
    I hope Russia gets its pound of flesh in justice over its enemies.

Hah. You must have forgotten Korea, Vietnam and a lot of "smaller" (less published) conflicts in Africa etc. during CW1.
    Those very pretty hot places also.

Russia didn't have large numbers of troops in those places tho yes?
    America would never have dared to cause shit in the Ukraine in COld War 1.
    Sujoy
    Sujoy

Post  Sujoy Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:18 pm

Kremlin releases text of the telephonic discussion between Putin and Modi that took place today.

Kremlin confirms that Indian students have been taken hostage by Ukraine.

Big_Gazza, kvs, adder, LMFS, rigoletto, Arkanghelsk and Urluber like this post

d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Post  d_taddei2 Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:18 pm

miketheterrible wrote:
    d_taddei2 wrote:Once zelensky loses his prized Nazi battalions he will give up. He knows the rest of the Ukrainian army are not really interested in losing their life over this. The Nazi battalions know that they will be killed if caught so will fight to the death that is the part that makes then more difficult to rid of, and with their mindset are willing to kill, use, and destroy civilians and infrastructure as they have nothing left to lose. And Nazi battalions are in bedded with normal trips to enforce them to keep fighting. Let me hope those normal Ukrainian troops get together and kill the Nazi battalions that would be a better solution and I wouldn't be surprised if a few Nazi militia have lost their lives to this already.

Is there evidence of these drones?

I'm rather getting tired of asking this question. Ukrainians being using fakes for so long, anything real they should definitely parade it around. Yet....nothing.

Broski wrote:I didn't see any Ukrop propaganda in his most, mike.

Yeah, I re-read it a few times and it's kind of regurgitating same stuff we already went through earlier but wasn't malicious hence why I edited my post.

I did state reported as u well know very little concrete information is going about from both sides. I supply reports and some later get proved right or wrong. What was reported earlier was Ukraine had been given more drones and Ukrainian Bayraktar drone destroyed Russian self-propelled artillery piece in Trostyanets. The video I saw to be honest I saw a burning vehicle couldnt make out what it was and it could have been Ukrainian for all we know. But as I say I report what I get, some of things are report are official, and I report only one or two that could be believable and rest of the nonsense I don't report. As I previously stated on my post in regards to drones and went through what had been destroyed confirmed and there was three reported loses, which if true only left Ukraine with one drone which was a naval version of TB2. That was my analysis. But we can't be sure if more have been delivered.

If you look at the Russians death toll we were all pretty much spot on but we didn't know for sure until we got the statement today.

Regarding aircraft loses for Russians I haven't posted anything because they haven't been confirmed other than the ones we have seen Ka-52 etc Ukraine would be showing remains of all these so called downed aircraft if they had. The issue with downed drones is they can be easily cleared up fairly quickly, but an aircraft it isn't as easy.

miketheterrible likes this post

Ispan
    Ispan

Post  Ispan Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:26 pm

Apologies if this has been posted, but it's a good report. Harsh but rings true and good insights.

https://southfront.org/war-in-ukraine-day-6-russia-changed-tactics-and-succeeded-huge-casualties-and-humanitarian-disaster-video-18/

zepia and Urluber like this post

Mir
    Mir

Post  Mir Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:38 pm

Dr.Snufflebug wrote:Good afternoon, gents (and on the off chance there is one, lady).
    Not interested in any of the political bickering back and forth, I am interested in aviation.
    I haven't really paid all that much attention to this conflict so far, but had a glance at it today, focusing in the aerial bit.

Any wreckage of Russian VKS would make world headlines on CNN/BBC in a flash.

d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, miketheterrible, LMFS, Hole, Broski and Arkanghelsk like this post

franco
    franco

Post  franco Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:41 pm

Map of units and locations of Ukrainian forces involved around the Donbas from Russian souces:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FM2TQjqX0AA-5P6?format=png&name=900x900

Airbornewolf likes this post

SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:42 pm

Ispan wrote:Apologies if this has been posted, but it's a good report. Harsh but rings true and good insights.

https://southfront.org/war-in-ukraine-day-6-russia-changed-tactics-and-succeeded-huge-casualties-and-humanitarian-disaster-video-18/

Yeah that's what happens when you put fools who haven't gotten their rank through skill but rather ass kissing in charge
    ArgentinaGuard

Post  ArgentinaGuard Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:45 pm

These wars are a good time to kill criminals and depopulate prisons. The Ukrainian Russians of the future will be safer.

Big_Gazza and Yugo90 like this post

SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:46 pm

Alias if they put competent people in charge let's see how the Russians do, no excuses anymore.
    Mir
    Mir

Post  Mir Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:49 pm

Ispan wrote:Apologies if this has been posted, but it's a good report. Harsh but rings true and good insights.

The Russians showed much constraint for the first 5 days - and that was the general idea in an attempt to keep civilian deaths low. This tactic was pretty much part of the plan and the assumption from Southfront that some general suddenly got a wake-up call is not correct at all. Tactics have changed because the Zelenski regime is trying to stall the process of negotiation - and they are still doing it. The Russian will come at them harder and harder with each passing day.

Big_Gazza, kvs, Broski and Arkanghelsk like this post

SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:51 pm

Mir wrote:

The Russians showed much constraint for the first 5 days - and that was the general idea in an attempt to keep civilian deaths low. This tactic was pretty much part of the plan and the assumption from Southfront that some general suddenly got a wake-up call is not correct at all. Tactics have changed because the Zelenski regime is trying to stall the process of negotiation - and they are still doing it. The Russian will come at them harder and harder with each passing day.

Yes because being nice means you don't give your units proper recon support and don't tell three Tigrs "Yo drive into that city center alone and with no support, totes will be fine"

Broski and Arkanghelsk like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:53 pm

Firebird wrote:After a major conflict eg the Great Patriotic War, Russia usually places a protective zone in place/takes punitive steps vs those who committed atrocities eg the Western Ukraine additions, Kaliningrad.

America has been promoting a far more extreme version of this with the new settlements for Israel.

I think Russia should take Galicia etc. But different this time. Instead of trying to integrate the Nazis just make their lives miserable. Plenty of em will **** off to their boyfriends in Canada, America, Germany etc. Makes Russia safer, and gives the Russian world an extra buffer zone vs future bullshit.

Just my view anyway.

I agree. The west has thrown anything at Russia, including the sink and bathtub. Show them the middle finger and take all. All the Bandera fans can be relocated to Poland or Canada.

d_taddei2, Airbornewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs, lancelot, Mir and Broski like this post

franco
    franco

Post  franco Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:54 pm

miketheterrible wrote:
    kvs wrote:
    miketheterrible wrote:Same source:

Russian Ministry of Defense:

2,870 Ukrainian troops killed, 3,700 injured, 572 taken prisoner

The scale of this war in nowhere near the "biggest army in U-rope" drivel from the Ukrs.   These retards
    still have the majority of their "army" tied up in the LDNR.  

Let's not forget, they said Ukrainian forces. For all we know, they aren't counting that same number as in Azov and other nazi groups.

All the nationalist and nazi militias were incorporated into the Army or National Guard several years back. This aides in keeping the regular units loyal and in line ideology wise.

Big_Gazza, kvs, JohninMK, miketheterrible, LMFS, Broski and Arkanghelsk like this post

Arrow

Post  Arrow Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:56 pm

The Russians showed much constraint for the first 5 days - and that was the general idea in an attempt to keep civilian deaths low wrote:

Or they thought the Ukrainian army would collapse quickly. Attacking a country with the size of Ukraine with 70,000 troops is a very strange idea? Rolling Eyes

flamming_python and Yugo90 like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 4:24 am