Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


+77
lancelot
Stealthflanker
Dr.Snufflebug
PortugueseMan
Firebird
adder
jhelb
lyle6
ahmedfire
littlerabbit
caveat emptor
ALAMO
chinggis
auslander
Walther von Oldenburg
EkErilaz
Backman
franco
billybatts91
Dima
Broski
Arrow
Tolstoy
GarryB
Maximmmm
Erk
Sujoy
Rasisuki Nebia
Ghoster
sundoesntrise
Yugo90
Atmosphere
Krepost
mack8
ucmvulcan
Autodestruct
thegopnik
Big_Gazza
d_taddei2
Tingsay
Kriva
GunshipDemocracy
dante6913
AlfaT8
Regular
Werewolf
SolidarityWithRussia
Cheetah
par far
Vann7
Ispan
Karl Haushofer
LMFS
Odin of Ossetia
ATLASCUB
Hannibal Barca
ArgentinaGuard
Airbornewolf
zorobabel
rigoletto
flamming_python
limb
teh_beard
miketheterrible
Isos
Urluber
PapaDragon
nomadski
Hole
JohninMK
bitcointrader70
SeigSoloyvov
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
Arkanghelsk
kvs
mnztr
Mir
81 posters

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3

    Walther von Oldenburg
    Walther von Oldenburg


    Posts : 1558
    Points : 1673
    Join date : 2015-01-23
    Age : 33
    Location : Oldenburg

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3 - Page 30 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3

    Post  Walther von Oldenburg Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:00 pm

    Airbornewolf wrote:directly from Telegram.
    Google translation:

    Updated map of battles in Ukraine over the past day. It looks like a sickly cauldron is brewing.

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3 - Page 30 Update11
    What's up with the red area in Transnistria? Has Transnistria joined the war?

    Hannibal Barca likes this post

    avatar
    par far


    Posts : 3468
    Points : 3713
    Join date : 2014-06-26

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3 - Page 30 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3

    Post  par far Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:01 pm

    miketheterrible wrote:Whoever mentioned intelligent people leave russia:

    They been doing it since forever. But due to russias education system, they produce new intelligent people.

    People migrate all the time.  This event may create new opportunities in Russia since it means more businesses and talent will be needed for import substitution.


    With the way the west is going, Russians are better in Russia.

    GarryB, Big_Gazza, Hole and Arkanghelsk like this post

    Broski
    Broski


    Posts : 656
    Points : 654
    Join date : 2021-07-12

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3 - Page 30 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3

    Post  Broski Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:09 pm

    No place for those orcs to hide.

    d_taddei2, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza and LMFS like this post

    avatar
    par far


    Posts : 3468
    Points : 3713
    Join date : 2014-06-26

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3 - Page 30 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3

    Post  par far Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:14 pm

    If the Nazis are killing civilians in Maurpiol, than Russia needs to move fast there.
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible


    Posts : 7383
    Points : 7341
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3 - Page 30 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3

    Post  miketheterrible Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:15 pm

    par far wrote:If the Nazis are killing civilians in Maurpiol, than Russia needs to move fast there.

    No, they shouldn't. They move in quick, they will get themselves killed and the civilians deaths will be blamed on them. They should start making demands for the hostages to go and they will simply arrest the fascists' instead of killing them.

    d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, LMFS and Arkanghelsk like this post

    JohninMK
    JohninMK


    Posts : 14305
    Points : 14440
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3 - Page 30 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3

    Post  JohninMK Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:20 pm

    Russians With Attitude
    @RWApodcast
    ·
    3h
    dragon_first_1, a brilliant military topographer famous on the russian internet for his maps of the donbass and syria conflicts, has published a map of the current situation in donbass



    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3 - Page 30 FM2TQjqX0AA-5P6?format=png&name=medium



    You can bet this guy is in the top 400 list. No doubt sent in to stiffen resistance. Maxim Marchenko, according to local publications, commanded the battalion in 2015-2017.

    Russians With Attitude
    @RWApodcast
    ·
    8h
    Zelensky has removed the current governer of Odessa oblast Sergey Grinevetsky and replaced him with Maksim Marchenko, former officer in the Aidar Battalion



    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3 - Page 30 FM1XOWZWYAEwzfo?format=png&name=900x900

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3 - Page 30 FM1ZsPUXoAMqEWo?format=jpg&name=small


    Last edited by JohninMK on Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:37 pm; edited 3 times in total

    d_taddei2, kvs, LMFS, Mir and Arkanghelsk like this post

    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible


    Posts : 7383
    Points : 7341
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3 - Page 30 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3

    Post  miketheterrible Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:21 pm

    Sujoy wrote:
    miketheterrible wrote:If Russia wasn't asked earlier, Indian government showed incompetence here.
    Indian government did not anticipate that just because India refused to vote in favour of Ukraine the Ukranian government will use Indian students as human shields.

    When Indian students wanted to leave before the war started the college authorities didn't allow them to. They said the enrollment of students will be cancelled if they leave.


    The students should have left anyway. Worrying about getting their enrollment cancelled is a rather sad excuse. And the Indians shouldn't have trusted Ukrainians to attempt to allow them to leave in Ukrainian held areas or Poland. Both are well known for a long time being racist shitholes.

    Big_Gazza likes this post

    Maximmmm
    Maximmmm


    Posts : 320
    Points : 321
    Join date : 2015-07-27
    Location : Switzerland

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3 - Page 30 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3

    Post  Maximmmm Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:22 pm

    Isos wrote:ASB News / MILITARY〽

    @ASBMilitary·2m

    BREAKING: Ministry of Defense Russia: “there are losses among our comrades participating in a special military operation - 498 Russian soldiers died in the line of military duty, 1597 of our comrades were injured”

    We were on point with our estimate, it seems

    Exactly my thought. Sad, but considering the first two days and the meatgrinder at kharkov I guess it is what it is.
    Would be interesting to see by day statistics after the war. Considering the massive decrease in vids and claims from the Ukrainian side, I'm assuming loss rates have declined substantially.

    d_taddei2 and Arkanghelsk like this post

    avatar
    Arrow


    Posts : 2627
    Points : 2619
    Join date : 2012-02-12

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3 - Page 30 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3

    Post  Arrow Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:23 pm

    comrades participating in a special military operation - 498 Russian so wrote:

    This is a big loss? Neutral
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible


    Posts : 7383
    Points : 7341
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3 - Page 30 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3

    Post  miketheterrible Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:24 pm

    It was previously mentioned DNR and LNR forces are also added to the equation.

    GarryB, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, Yugo90 and Arkanghelsk like this post

    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible


    Posts : 7383
    Points : 7341
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3 - Page 30 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3

    Post  miketheterrible Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:26 pm

    Same source:

    Russian Ministry of Defense:

    2,870 Ukrainian troops killed, 3,700 injured, 572 taken prisoner

    d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, Ispan and Arkanghelsk like this post

    PortugueseMan
    PortugueseMan


    Posts : 12
    Points : 14
    Join date : 2022-02-12
    Location : Portugal

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3 - Page 30 Empty Question

    Post  PortugueseMan Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:31 pm


    Hello from Portugal.

    Here now i have no access to RT Tv.

    Some contents on youtube are not allowed too.

    Can someone clarify to me, if in Russia there is access to foreign channels, like BBC, CNN, Al-Jazera, etc.

    Thank you in advance.

    avatar
    Urluber


    Posts : 171
    Points : 171
    Join date : 2022-01-05

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3 - Page 30 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3

    Post  Urluber Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:33 pm

    Isos wrote:ASB News / MILITARY〽

    @ASBMilitary·2m

    BREAKING: Ministry of Defense Russia: “there are losses among our comrades participating in a special military operation - 498 Russian soldiers died in the line of military duty, 1597 of our comrades were injured”

    We were on point with our estimate, it seems

    RIP to the fallen.

    Big_Gazza and Hole like this post

    kvs
    kvs


    Posts : 14948
    Points : 15085
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Turdope's Kanada

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3 - Page 30 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3

    Post  kvs Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:34 pm

    miketheterrible wrote:Same source:

    Russian Ministry of Defense:

    2,870 Ukrainian troops killed, 3,700 injured, 572 taken prisoner

    The scale of this war in nowhere near the "biggest army in U-rope" drivel from the Ukrs. These retards
    still have the majority of their "army" tied up in the LDNR.

    Big_Gazza, Yugo90, Broski and Arkanghelsk like this post

    avatar
    Firebird


    Posts : 1707
    Points : 1737
    Join date : 2011-10-14

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3 - Page 30 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3

    Post  Firebird Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:37 pm

    I don't see why Russia would want to bother with much of Europe after this.
    And especially the demons in Washington.

    I've heard conflicting reports on the Chechen wars - suggesting that Russia understated OR OVERSTATED deaths for whatever reasons. (Jamestown Institute the silly American lot give a maximum and minimum figure far each side of the official Russian figure).

    Something that puzzles me is that Russian deaths in Syria are estimated at 150 or so.

    The more I think about all this, I'm sure America was planning something incredibly sinister in the Donbass and beyond. Evidently the Ukraine had been turned into some 1970s Central America style banana republic with its militias capable of committing all manner of atrocities.

    1 death is awful, as of course are 500. Perhaps we have to consider this against the thousands of Donbass deaths and many more that would have happened without RF intervention.

    My question is whether Russia was too trusting of some of the fucked up hohols who decided to commit cowardly ambushes etc.

    The map of activity is starting to look much better. But there are 4 main areas to resolve for the initial stages.

    GarryB and Ispan like this post

    JohninMK
    JohninMK


    Posts : 14305
    Points : 14440
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3 - Page 30 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3

    Post  JohninMK Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:39 pm

    kvs wrote:

    The scale of this war in nowhere near the "biggest army in U-rope" drivel from the Ukrs.   These retards
    still have the majority of their "army" tied up in the LDNR.  


    LDR/DNR have done an amazing job keeping them there, with Russian help of course.

    GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs, LMFS and Hole like this post

    avatar
    Firebird


    Posts : 1707
    Points : 1737
    Join date : 2011-10-14

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3 - Page 30 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3

    Post  Firebird Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:40 pm

    par far wrote:If the Nazis are killing civilians in Maurpiol, than Russia needs to move fast there.

    Or disappear some Galicians who support the Azov filth first.
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible


    Posts : 7383
    Points : 7341
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3 - Page 30 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3

    Post  miketheterrible Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:42 pm

    Firebird wrote:I don't see why Russia would want to bother with much of Europe after this.
    And especially the demons in Washington.

    I've heard conflicting reports on the Chechen wars - suggesting that Russia understated OR OVERSTATED deaths for  whatever reasons. (Jamestown Institute the silly American lot give a maximum and minimum figure far each side of the official Russian figure).

    Something that puzzles me is that Russian deaths in Syria are estimated at 150 or so.

    The more I think about all this, I'm sure America was planning something incredibly sinister in the Donbass and beyond. Evidently the Ukraine had been turned into some 1970s Central America style banana republic with its militias capable of committing all manner of atrocities.

    1 death is awful, as of course are 500. Perhaps we have to consider this against the thousands of Donbass deaths and many more that would have happened without RF intervention.

    My question is whether Russia was too trusting of some of the fucked up hohols who decided to commit cowardly ambushes etc.

    The map of activity is starting to look much better. But there are 4 main areas to resolve for the initial stages.

    Russian mod is way smarter than you or I. I wouldn't worry about what "they think". Russia made it clear their objective and there wasn't any deviation from it from the beginning. A slight delay due to negotiations but they know what the deal is.

    Big_Gazza and LMFS like this post

    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible


    Posts : 7383
    Points : 7341
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3 - Page 30 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3

    Post  miketheterrible Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:45 pm

    kvs wrote:
    miketheterrible wrote:Same source:

    Russian Ministry of Defense:

    2,870 Ukrainian troops killed, 3,700 injured, 572 taken prisoner

    The scale of this war in nowhere near the "biggest army in U-rope" drivel from the Ukrs.   These retards
    still have the majority of their "army" tied up in the LDNR.  


    Let's not forget, they said Ukrainian forces. For all we know, they aren't counting that same number as in Azov and other nazi groups.

    Big_Gazza, LMFS and Yugo90 like this post

    Isos
    Isos


    Posts : 11233
    Points : 11203
    Join date : 2015-11-06

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3 - Page 30 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3

    Post  Isos Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:49 pm

    Arrow wrote:

    This is a big loss? Neutral

    Not really. Their strategy of not hurting civilians puts them more in danger and ukrainians were well armed and prepared.

    Kvs wrote:The scale of this war in nowhere near the "biggest army in U-rope" drivel from the Ukrs. These retards
    still have the majority of their "army" tied up in the LDNR.

    Clearly. Most of ukrainian army and nazi groups are in Kiev and Donbass. Once they clear that they will roll over the rest of Ukraine quickly and easily.

    Donbas forces are being encircled. Once it is done they can send some forces around as the ebemy can't get out.

    Kiev is a mess for ukrainians too and moral sould be to 0 now that sukhois are bombing them.

    They had lotvof hope during the 1st day because they thought they could resist to Russians. It turns out russians weren't serious at all giving them false hope. Now they saw what it really is to fight them. Russian strategy however failed because it gave to the ukrainians the impression they could win so they kept fighting instead of surrendering as expected by Russia

    Ispan, Hole and Arkanghelsk like this post

    avatar
    Firebird


    Posts : 1707
    Points : 1737
    Join date : 2011-10-14

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3 - Page 30 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3

    Post  Firebird Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:49 pm

    miketheterrible wrote:
    Firebird wrote:I don't see why Russia would want to bother with much of Europe after this.
    And especially the demons in Washington.

    I've heard conflicting reports on the Chechen wars - suggesting that Russia understated OR OVERSTATED deaths for  whatever reasons. (Jamestown Institute the silly American lot give a maximum and minimum figure far each side of the official Russian figure).

    Something that puzzles me is that Russian deaths in Syria are estimated at 150 or so.

    The more I think about all this, I'm sure America was planning something incredibly sinister in the Donbass and beyond. Evidently the Ukraine had been turned into some 1970s Central America style banana republic with its militias capable of committing all manner of atrocities.

    1 death is awful, as of course are 500. Perhaps we have to consider this against the thousands of Donbass deaths and many more that would have happened without RF intervention.

    My question is whether Russia was too trusting of some of the fucked up hohols who decided to commit cowardly ambushes etc.

    The map of activity is starting to look much better. But there are 4 main areas to resolve for the initial stages.

    Russian mod is way smarter than you or I. I wouldn't worry about what "they think". Russia made it clear their objective and there wasn't any deviation from it from the beginning.  A slight delay due to negotiations but they know what the deal is.

    Its looking like Cold War 2 is "warmer" than Cold War 1 ever was ... excluding Afghanistan.
    I hope Russia gets its pound of flesh in justice over its enemies.

    GarryB, magnumcromagnon and Big_Gazza like this post

    d_taddei2
    d_taddei2


    Posts : 2879
    Points : 3053
    Join date : 2013-05-11
    Location : Scotland Alba

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3 - Page 30 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3

    Post  d_taddei2 Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:52 pm

    Abstaining in most cases pretty much means your against but don't want to say incase of USA comes after you. And those who didn't vote are pretty much abstaining. That would make a total of 46 countries who didn't vote or abstained, which defacto means they are against it in my opinion.

    Update on the UN vote

    An overwhelming vote at the UN General Assembly to condemn the Russian invasion of Ukraine: 141 in favour; 5 against; 35 abstaining

    The 5 countries who were against were: Russia, Syria, North Korea, Eritrea and Belarus

    35 abstaining
    Algeria, Angola, Armenia, Bangladesh, Bolivia, Burundi, central African Republic, China, Congo, Cuba, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, India, Iran, Iraq, Kazakhstan,  Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Madagascar, Mali, Mongolia, Mozambique, Namibia, Nicaragua, Pakistan, Senegal, South Africa, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Uganda, Vietnam, Zimbabwe.

    And then those who didn't vote at all

    Azerbaijan
    Burkina Faso
    Eswatini
    Ethiopia
    Guinea
    Guinea Bissau
    Morocco
    Togo
    Turkmenistan
    Uzbekistan
    Venezuela


    Last edited by d_taddei2 on Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Additional info)

    GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs, jhelb, mnrck, miketheterrible, LMFS and like this post

    Broski
    Broski


    Posts : 656
    Points : 654
    Join date : 2021-07-12

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3 - Page 30 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3

    Post  Broski Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:53 pm

    Unrelated but I just had to post this real quick

    GarryB, Firebird, Werewolf, magnumcromagnon, Airbornewolf, Big_Gazza, auslander and like this post

    avatar
    Dr.Snufflebug


    Posts : 1076
    Points : 1074
    Join date : 2017-12-27

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3 - Page 30 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3

    Post  Dr.Snufflebug Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:53 pm

    Good afternoon, gents (and on the off chance there is one, lady).

    Not interested in any of the political bickering back and forth, I am interested in aviation.

    I haven't really paid all that much attention to this conflict so far, but had a glance at it today, focusing in the aerial bit.

    So, there seems to be a kind of crazy propaganda campaign going on from the Ukrainian and/or western-leaning camp, they reinforce each other, so to speak:
    1. A "Ghost of Kyiv" hoax circulated for days, even involving the notorious 4Chan phenomenon Sam Hyde (written in a vaguely Slavicized variant, with Ukrainian Cyrillic). A MiG-29 claimed 6 (or more) Russian jets over Kyiv.

    It's been a week, and there is no corroborating data for even a single one.

    2. Two Russian VDV Il-76's shot down over two small villages/towns south of Kyiv, carrying hundreds of paratroopers each. Widely distributed news, was "confirmed by US officials" and so on, but seemed very fishy from the get-go given the geographical connotations (how and why would a big lumbering Russian transport jet fly over central Ukraine in the middle of this all?), and even more fishy as the hours went by, given that the Il-76 is basically a C-17-sized plane, it leaves a big mark when it hits the ground and some on-the-ground confirmation should have shown up within 5-6 hours at least.

    No confirmation to date, some 4 days later.

    3. Intense dogfights over Ukrainian cities, with multiple shootdowns by Ukrainian fighters. Not a single wreck documented, not a single piece of guncam footage or anything. Some video game visuals have circulated (from Armed Assault/ArmA, and DCS World), some even published by official Ukrainian authorities, but that's it.

    The latest one comes from today, with several Russian Su-35Ss apparently being shot down over Kyiv, again, by a MiG-29 or by S-300 batteries. Reported by official Ukrainian channels, but no proof as for now. These news are only hours old, anyway, so proof might surface later. Or not.

    The thing is that it seems to me that the Russian Air Force actually didn't conduct any fixed-wing sorties over Ukrainian territory at all until 4-5 days into the conflict, after some SEAD operations. I could be wrong, but that's what it looks like to me. So literally everything claimed before yesterday appears false.

    However, there are loads of photos and videos of aircraft being hit, aircraft crashing, aircraft being found as wrecks in fields. All of these videos have to date been confirmed to show Ukrainian ditto, and barring the occasional mechanical failure or whatever, my guess is that most losses probably involved friendly fire.

    Would like to hear some additional input. I studied the air war in Ukraine during the previous separatist conflict as well back on Keypublishing and compiled a big list, and the statistics and timeline really revealed certain extremely important things and tendencies that didn't square all that well with the various narratives that were being pushed.


    Last edited by Dr.Snufflebug on Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

    JohninMK and Arkanghelsk like this post

    thegopnik
    thegopnik


    Posts : 1611
    Points : 1613
    Join date : 2017-09-20

    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3 - Page 30 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3

    Post  thegopnik Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:54 pm

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RhS-JDlSj5s RIP to all of them.

    Werewolf and Big_Gazza like this post


    Sponsored content


    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3 - Page 30 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #3

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:56 am