Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+37
lancelot
lyle6
elconquistador
par far
LMFS
Scorpius
calripson
franco
dino00
medo
Big_Gazza
owais.usmani
miketheterrible
Nibiru
auslander
Hole
Skandalwitwe
TheArmenian
George1
whir
Project Canada
higurashihougi
Karl Haushofer
PapaDragon
sepheronx
kvs
Firebird
AlfaT8
Werewolf
KomissarBojanchev
magnumcromagnon
flamming_python
TR1
GarryB
Regular
BTRfan
Viktor
41 posters

Health issues

Viktor
    Viktor

Health issues Empty Drug addiction in Russia

Post  Viktor Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:45 am

Numbers of Russian drug addicts decline by 0.5 million over past year - FSKN

http://www.militarynews.ru/EMAIN.ASP
    Viktor
    Viktor

Health issues Empty HIV/AIDS issue

Post  Viktor Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:43 am

Excellent Very Happy 

The number of sexually transmitted diseases in Russia decreased by 10 times in 10 years
    BTRfan

Health issues Empty Re: Health issues

Post  BTRfan Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:10 am

Viktor wrote:Excellent Very Happy 

The number of sexually transmitted diseases in Russia decreased by 10 times in 10 years

http://www.cdc.gov/std/stats10/trends.htm

19 Million

STDs are one of the most critical health challenges facing the nation today. CDC estimates that there are 19 million new infections every year in the United States.
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:47 am

Kudos to Russia! AFAIK there is a big stigma in this regard. Lack of anonymous STD clinics is one thing, but what's more important was non informed people. With todays medicine You only have to fear HIV and even if You are lucky to get it, Your life doesn't end there. I'm not even talking about all small sti like gon or chlam, all it takes are small dose of cheap antibiotics taken on time and You are healthy in a week.
    It's shame that even US is so backwards when it comes to that, here in UK people of all ages can get anonymous screening done for free when they want to, medicine is free too. I'm not a teenager, I am married and faithful but I check myself once in 6 months as it costs nothing.
    BTRfan

Post  BTRfan Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:19 pm

Regular wrote:Kudos to Russia! AFAIK there is a big stigma in this regard. Lack of anonymous STD clinics is one thing, but what's more important was non informed people. With todays medicine You only have to fear HIV and even if You are lucky to get it, Your life doesn't end there. I'm not even talking about all small sti like gon or chlam, all it takes are small dose of cheap antibiotics taken on time and You are healthy in a week.
    It's shame that even US is so backwards when it comes to that, here in UK people of all ages can get anonymous screening done for free when they want to, medicine is free too. I'm not a teenager, I am married and faithful but I check myself once in 6 months as it costs nothing.

There's more than HIV to worry about, how about herpes [a virus which NEVER goes away], or other viral based STDs.
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:28 pm

BTRfan wrote:
    We all have it at least couple strains of it and we don't know it and it's our immune system that keeps it under the boot. Some people have it next to their eyelids and believe me it's more complicated than having it down there. Nothing to be overly concerned, there are more dangerous things out there. Other viral diseases/infections can be dealt with a modern treatment with few or no consequences at all. Of course most guys have caveman mentality and only go for help when health is really affected, not to mention spreading to multiple partners and etc.
    KomissarBojanchev
    KomissarBojanchev

Health issues Empty Removing underaged smoking in russia

Post  KomissarBojanchev Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:29 pm

In Russia(like in Bulgaria) a huge amount of children are addicted (much higher than in western countries where smoking unlike in the east is seen as largely repugnant) to cigarettes and law enforcement is practically non existant since soviet times. Are there any efforts to reduce this number? Is the situation improving? It sure hasn't improved in Bulgaria so far.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:46 pm

The key word is repugnent.

There are a lot of forces driving banning and reducing cigarette consumption in the west, while most of the very very rich cigarette companies are enormously wealthy and invest very large amounts of money to encourage it.

To get rid of it it needs to be seen as socially unacceptable... like drink driving, and even then quite a few will never get the message, but once the vast majority find it offensive it is easier to police the few.

To be honest I would suggest illegal drugs and alcohol would be higher priorities for now though.
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:48 pm

Smoking is seen as repugnant in the West?

Not in the American college campuses I've been to Wink

Or France, where everyone (comparatively to the States) smokes.
    Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:22 pm

Huge number. 

143,000 Russians Killed by HIV-Related Illnesses – Official
    Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:08 pm

Problem that needs more care. However drug addict are more likely to catch HIV and if we see the population of both they are about the same. 

That means that effective dealing with drug problem will positively influence on the amount of HIV infected. 

More Than 62,000 Russians Diagnosed With HIV This Year
    Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:33 pm

Excellent ! I was hopping that Russia will forbit GMO food for the benefit and healt (reproductive also) of its people  russia  thumbsup 

Russia to protect citizens from genetically modified food
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:34 pm

Still no real proof GMOs are bad for health, just sayin'.

In fact the overwhelming response of the scientific community (no, I am not talking about studies funded by Monsanto) have been pretty positive.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:16 pm

Hannibal Barca wrote:Fake numbers are the rule and not the exception, if someone knows about official figures is a well documented fact, stop trolling.
    I ask whether someone who leaves in Russia can raise suspicions about the official reports being fake or not.

Just some crackpot, relax.

Rostat and Russia's health ministry are proffessional agencies in the field of statistics.

Remember that everyone who's registered in the birth statistics; is also going to be registered as part of the population statistics, and entered into the next census.
    Are they going to inflate those figures too? Doubt it.

And then there are the death rates, which are following a trend of decreasing at the same time as the birth rate has been increasing. So people die, and are removed from the population count. Or could it be that Russia is counting dead people as still living? Smile

Come on think about - fat chance of any of this.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:22 pm

TR1 wrote:Still no real proof GMOs are bad for health, just sayin'.

In fact the overwhelming response of the scientific community (no, I am not talking about studies funded by Monsanto) have been pretty positive.

Consuming vegetation dense with pesticides/herbicides has carcinogenic effects, just ask the Vietnamese about Agent Orange still negatively affecting them even in current times...oh by the way Monsanto was responsible for Agent Orange, just a fun fact.
    KomissarBojanchev
    KomissarBojanchev

Post  KomissarBojanchev Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:32 pm

But They destroy the soil so nothing after them can grow there ,like the shitty GM corn that grows in the fields of dobrudzha in my country that were planted without any clarifications by unidentified western private crooks, as well as lowering the taste qualities.
    Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:31 pm

Nice  thumbsup 

Medvedev: genetically modified products will not be shipped to the Russian market

I think there is sufficient evidence to support the ban of GMO food.

Genetically Modified Soy Linked to Sterility, Infant Mortality

Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:00 pm

Viktor wrote:
    Nice  thumbsup 

Medvedev: genetically modified products will not be shipped to the Russian market

GMO food effect rats.

Health issues Article-2205509-151799EE000005DC-217_634x371

Rats are even rougher then the human organism and over time you only die due mass cancer on GMO food.

GMO food is not banned in EU anymore. The german people decided over 80% that they don't want GMO food, but our government just abstained from the vote, ergo which means they are pro. And don't think that just it is not allowed in Poland or France that this GMO food will stay only on german soil. Wind doesn't give a damn about boarders.
    AlfaT8
    AlfaT8

Post  AlfaT8 Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:46 pm

Werewolf wrote:
    Viktor wrote:
    Nice  thumbsup 

GMO food effect rats.

Health issues Article-2205509-151799EE000005DC-217_634x371

Rats are even rougher then the human organism and over time you only die due mass cancer on GMO food.

GMO food is not banned in EU anymore. The german people decided over 80% that they  don't want GMO food, but our government just abstained from the vote, ergo which means they are pro. And don't think that just it is not allowed in Poland or France that this GMO food will stay only on german soil. Wind doesn't give a damn about boarders.
    HOLY CRAP, Russia should just classify GMOs as biological weapons if THIS is the result, i mean WTF!!!  Shocked Shocked
    Firebird

Post  Firebird Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:13 pm

You are being sarcastic in that post TR1?

FTR, EVERY single man-made chemical, pesticide, herbicide, additive EVER etc etc has been proven to be bad, harmful, terrible or carcinogenic.

THere IS clear proof that this is simply the Devil's industry.

However, by your reasoning, would you like to drink a bottle of the clear liquid my nephew managed to pick up from his school chem lab? There's no evidence whatsoever that its harmful. Because the bottle hasn't killed anyone yet. So you gonna drink it all down?

Do u think the Monsanto CEO's wife goes out to a restaurant or gives her kids "some lovely, wholesome GM corn, with spliced sea lion genes"?

They have no idea whatsoever what even the short term effects of this dabbling is.

This is just like Mad Cow Disease in England, but MASSIVELY worse.

Monsanto and the like are committing crimes against humanity. These "people" are the lowest of the low. They are weapons of mass destruction AND of mass deception.

It demonstrates the total moral bankruptcy of the American politico-economic regime.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:42 pm

The problem is that it is not just corn or tomatoes or whatever, this crap is fed to our animals we eat daily, chicken,pigs, cows even shrimps raised in tanks get part of this crap so we will eat it regardless if you want or not, this is biological genocide. This is not a conspiracy theory that is a fact, since over 70 years we are constantly told we are "overpopulated" which is nonsense and you think that all this poisining food is just coincidence, it is not. We are to many according to the elite. Just one measure out of millions to lower the population, homosexuellity culture in west is one other point, feminism invented by Rockefeller himself, for several reasons such as before feminism the FED got only 50% of population of the taxes income from working men, so how to increase income? Tell women that working is brilliant and don't be epressed by the "men", so families gone down the WC, less and less kids are born in western countries compared with 1900-1950's. Ignoring such facts is only lying to yourself so much coincidences are not possible.
    Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:32 pm

Expected to save the lives of 150-170 thousand people annually  thumbsup 

Russia’s ban on smoking in cafés, restaurants comes into force
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:38 pm

Viktor wrote:Expected to save the lives of 150-170 thousand people annually  thumbsup 

Russia’s ban on smoking in cafés, restaurants comes into force

Good decision, it should be banned to smoke anywhere but your own home.
    Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:54 am

One more negative trend - defeated  cheers 

Russian anti-drug chief claims growth of addiction has stopped
    Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:49 pm

Nice  thumbsup  (although I too like to breath tick smoke of cigarettes while drinking my coffe Very Happy )

Russian authorities will quickly raise the excise tax on expensive cigarettes

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:27 pm