Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+50
kvs
OminousSpudd
Akula971
whir
Bolt
Heartbeer
TheArmenian
Mike E
mack8
The Mule
Ispan
Boreas
kap-the-head
GarryB
Werewolf
higurashihougi
Monarchist
Nikander
medo
VladimirSahin
wilhelm
Cowboy's daughter
cheesfactory
max steel
Walther von Oldenburg
Regular
Godric
Rodinazombie
Firebird
gregoire
Morpheus Eberhardt
Vann7
KoTeMoRe
Prince Darling
Ghoster
Cyberspec
BKP
flamming_python
Karl Haushofer
JohninMK
sepheronx
auslander
2SPOOKY4U
PapaDragon
franco
Flagship Victory
Khepesh
ExBeobachter1987
Neutrality
Erk
54 posters

The Situation in the Ukraine. #17

Neutrality
    Neutrality

The Situation in the Ukraine. #17 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #17

Post  Neutrality Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:22 am

Is there anyone with the same suspicion that Putin gave Tsipras the idea to hold a referendum if the creditors wouldn't bend? It must have been a wild bet back then but now that the Greeks overwhelmingly voted "NO", Germany and France are forced to literally save the future of the Euro. Putin and Tsipras held talks behind closed doors after all and telephone conversations happened between Athens and Moscow. Sure, the gas deal was part of it but it couldn't have been JUST that. If you think about how it could benefit Moscow then 1 thing is for sure: it buys them more time. Then there's "using" the Greek situation as a quid pro quo. Putin could be telling Merkel something along the lines of "if you give me what I need, I promise I won't influence the Greeks against you". This part is difficult to imagine though. It would mean Tsipras allows Putin to use the Greek crisis as a carrot unless it equally benefits Tsipras too.

Thoughts?

(No, Flagship not you and no Haushofer please Laughing )
    Karl Haushofer

The Situation in the Ukraine. #17 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #17

Post  Karl Haushofer Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:53 am

Flagship Victory wrote:

The ball is in Maidan's court. But seeing how Maidan is fascist like Nazis, no way would Maidan withdraw troops from Shirokino. Lesson to be learned by NAF, you cannot fight fascists with good will.
    If the NAF has not learned this by now then there is not much anyone can do.
    2SPOOKY4U
    2SPOOKY4U

Post  2SPOOKY4U Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:57 am

Karl Haushofer wrote:
    Flagship Victory wrote:

The ball is in Maidan's court. But seeing how Maidan is fascist like Nazis, no way would Maidan withdraw troops from Shirokino. Lesson to be learned by NAF, you cannot fight fascists with good will.

No need to talk to yourself.

Just stick to one account, makes ignoring your baiting easier.

Neutrality wrote:Is there anyone with the same suspicion that Putin gave Tsipras the idea to hold a referendum if the creditors wouldn't bend? It must have been a wild bet back then but now that the Greeks overwhelmingly voted "NO", Germany and France are forced to literally save the future of the Euro. Putin and Tsipras held talks behind closed doors after all and telephone conversations happened between Athens and Moscow. Sure, the gas deal was part of it but it couldn't have been JUST that. If you think about how it could benefit Moscow then 1 thing is for sure: it buys them more time. Then there's "using" the Greek situation as a quid pro quo. Putin could be telling Merkel something along the lines of "if you give me what I need, I promise I won't influence the Greeks against you". This part is difficult to imagine though. It would mean Tsipras allows Putin to use the Greek crisis as a carrot unless it equally benefits Tsipras too.

Thoughts?

It sounds interesting, but I would hope that Russia stay on its toes around Greece.

They did elect to join EU and NATO.

There is serious western influence in the government and military.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:25 am

Monarchist, talking to yourself again? Laughing
    Erk
    Erk

Post  Erk Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:09 am

Neutrality wrote:Is there anyone with the same suspicion that Putin gave Tsipras the idea to hold a referendum if the creditors wouldn't bend? It must have been a wild bet back then but now that the Greeks overwhelmingly voted "NO", Germany and France are forced to literally save the future of the Euro. Putin and Tsipras held talks behind closed doors after all and telephone conversations happened between Athens and Moscow. Sure, the gas deal was part of it but it couldn't have been JUST that. If you think about how it could benefit Moscow then 1 thing is for sure: it buys them more time. Then there's "using" the Greek situation as a quid pro quo. Putin could be telling Merkel something along the lines of "if you give me what I need, I promise I won't influence the Greeks against you". This part is difficult to imagine though. It would mean Tsipras allows Putin to use the Greek crisis as a carrot unless it equally benefits Tsipras too.

Thoughts?

I am quite sure Tsipras planned the referendum some time back, it's a simple political tool to transfer the blame for some hard decisions off the government and onto the people. It's got nothing really to do with Russia or Ukraine.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:26 am

JohninMK wrote:Ukraine has just fallen off the EU's 'to-do' list.

BERLIN, July 5. /TASS/. German Chancellor Angela Merkel and French President Francois Hollande called for an emergency summit of the leaders of Euro zone states on July 7, a spokesman for the German government said late on Sunday after telephone contacts between the two leaders prompted by the results of the Greek referendum. The two leaders agreed that the referendum results must be respected.

lol1 Very Happy lol1

John, your sarcasm is an inspiration to us all! respekt
    Flagship Victory
    Flagship Victory

Post  Flagship Victory Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:09 am

Karl Haushofer wrote:
    Flagship Victory wrote:

Yup. Imagine teaching the worst student ever. Yes that includes not giving Iskander missiles to Saudi Arabia which funds terrorism in Chechnya.
    2SPOOKY4U
    2SPOOKY4U

Post  2SPOOKY4U Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:22 am

Flagship Victory wrote:
    Karl Haushofer wrote:
    Flagship Victory wrote:

Yup. Imagine teaching the worst student ever. Yes that includes not giving Iskander missiles to Saudi Arabia which funds terrorism in Chechnya.

The Situation in the Ukraine. #17 - Page 2 Talk-t10
    BKP
    BKP

Post  BKP Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:50 am

Thoughts?

Eh, who knows? I would really like to be able to transform myself into a gnat and back so I could eavesdrop on some of these meetings. Heck, I'd even sneak into Bohemian Grove, even if that risked accidentally catching a glimpse of Kissenger's naked pudendum.

I've only heard a couple of things more or less concrete in regard to Greece/Russia talks. I think in one of Alexander Mercouris' pieces he said Russia, Putin and Alexey Miller basically, offered the Greeks five billion $ up front to take Turk Stream ashore into Greece. There would be an agreement for ongoing transit payments and such. That would give Greece some breathing room during negotiations with the "troika." The thing seems to have come to naught, but who knows what may happen in the near future.

I also seem seem to remember reading some things about possible offers from Russia and China for funding from the BRICS New Development Bank. Whether or not that was intended to come into play after a Greek default, I can't remember. It might make sense that it would, though. After all, what would be the point in essentially handing good money over to the IMF and ECB?

My opinion of Tsipras had been going back and forth, but this referendum thing has been a masterstroke. Euro douchebags are always parroting the Washington criminals in extolling the virtues of "democracy." But EC and ECB officials went absolutely apeshit in condemning the referendum, which happens to be a real, actual example of direct democracy. So, Western lies and hypocrisy are being exposed to anyone paying a little attention.

And, speaking of which, how about that IMF? They won't cut Greece enough slack for them to do anything to rescue their economy, but they'll sure keep on funding that Rogues' gallery in Kiev so they can continue shelling civies in Donbass, impending national bankruptcy be damned.

Anyhow, the European economy, the financial system, is so leveraged that the next few weeks could get interesting. And maybe Spain, Italy, Portugal etc. will end up following suit and exit the EZ.
    Cyberspec
    Cyberspec

Post  Cyberspec Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:57 am

2SPOOKY4U wrote:
    Flagship Victory wrote:
    Karl Haushofer wrote:
    Flagship Victory wrote:

The Situation in the Ukraine. #17 - Page 2 Talk-t10

Very Happy Laughing Very Happy
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:35 am

They can't even withdraw >100mm so how will they do <100mm?

MOSCOW, July 6. /TASS/. The agreement on pulling back the weapons under 100mm caliber from the front line may be signed in Minsk, Belarus, on Tuesday at the meeting of the Contact Group on settling the conflict in Donbas, the deputy chief of the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission in Ukraine has said.

"The Minsk subgroup on security issues of the Contact Group has unveiled a plan on withdrawing weapons under 100mm caliber, however the sides have not yet made the last steps on signing the final document. The OSCE hopes that this agreement will be inked in Minsk tomorrow," Alexander Hug was quoted by the LuganskInformCenter as saying.

The participants of the working subgroup on security issues of the Contact Group on settling the crisis in Donbas earlier planned to agree on the document envisaging the withdrawal of weapons under 100mm caliber until late June.
    Neutrality
    Neutrality

Post  Neutrality Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:23 pm

There we have it again. Bloomberg and Reuters report that Tsipras either already phoned Putin after the referendum or is going to do so later today. My suspicions about Putin being connected to Tsipras' move to hold a referendum are stronger now. I remember Tsipras excluded the possibility of ever holding a referendum just a few months back and then the sudden 180 after meeting Putin. These gentlemen are brewing something that will benefit them both because Merkel, Hollande, Dijselbloem and other people of the EU and the IMF are very pissed off with this move.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:21 pm

Content of the article is loaded with usual crap, but title and possible implications are beautiful Cool

Will we let Ukraine die?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/the-dangerous-neglect-of-ukraine/2015/07/05/37d08050-20cf-11e5-84d5-eb37ee8eaa61_story.html

Identical article but title of Business Insider version is even sweeter Razz

It's beginning to look like we'll let Ukraine fall apart

http://www.businessinsider.com/its-beginning-to-look-like-well-let-ukraine-fall-apart-2015-7
    BKP
    BKP

Post  BKP Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:53 pm

PapaDragon wrote:

Identical article but title of Business Insider version is even sweeter Razz

It's beginning to look like we'll let Ukraine fall apart

http://www.businessinsider.com/its-beginning-to-look-like-well-let-ukraine-fall-apart-2015-7

I see business "insiders" get fed no less bullshit than the rest of us. That is some Alice in Wonderland type shit in that article. It's incredible how free they feel to lie with impunity.
    Erk
    Erk

Post  Erk Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:10 pm

Neutrality wrote:There we have it again. Bloomberg and Reuters report that Tsipras either already phoned Putin after the referendum or is going to do so later today. My suspicions about Putin being connected to Tsipras' move to hold a referendum are stronger now. I remember Tsipras excluded the possibility of ever holding a referendum just a few months back and then the sudden 180 after meeting Putin. These gentlemen are brewing something that will benefit them both because Merkel, Hollande, Dijselbloem and other people of the EU and the IMF are very pissed off with this move.

Who cares, it's got nothing to do with Ukraine, start a Putin/Tsiparas conspiracy thread if you like, but spare us the derailing of this thread.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:19 pm

Rally in Odessa demands resignation of Saakashvili
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:31 pm

sepheronx wrote:Rally in Odessa demands resignation of Saakashvili
    Followed by

KIEV, July 6. /TASS/. The US will provide pay to the governor’s team in the Odessa region. Governor Mikhail Saakashvili said on Monday. "Given the anti-corruption pressure in Odessa, the US government has agreed to provide pay to Saakashvili’s new team," he wrote on his Facebook page after a meeting with US ambassador to Ukraine Geoffrey Pyatt. Saakashvili also noted that "US police officers from California will train the new police in Odessa".
    Neutrality
    Neutrality

Post  Neutrality Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:33 pm

Erk wrote:Who cares, it's got nothing to do with Ukraine, start a Putin/Tsiparas conspiracy thread if you like, but spare us the derailing of this thread.

Then you aren't exactly up to do date on the situation. America doesn't want Greece become best buddied with Russia.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:42 pm

JohninMK wrote:
    Followed by

KIEV, July 6. /TASS/. The US will provide pay to the governor’s team in the Odessa region. Governor Mikhail Saakashvili said on Monday. "Given the anti-corruption pressure in Odessa, the US government has agreed to provide pay to Saakashvili’s new team," he wrote on his Facebook page after a meeting with US ambassador to Ukraine Geoffrey Pyatt. Saakashvili also noted that "US police officers from California will train the new police in Odessa".

California cops? So can we expect Odessans to start yelling ''Rodney King!!!" in the near future? lol1
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:54 pm

PapaDragon wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:
    Followed by

California cops? So can we expect Odessans to start yelling ''Rodney King!!!"  in the near future? lol1
    No, but I understand (no photos yet) that the Harley Davidsons and Ray-Bans are in a container at the docks.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:57 pm

Entire lenghty article here:   http://fortruss.blogspot.com/2015/07/ukrainian-economy-after-year-of-reforms.html

Assorted pics:

Somewhat racist, still funny Very Happy
    The Situation in the Ukraine. #17 - Page 2 Monthly%2Bwage

The Situation in the Ukraine. #17 - Page 2 Big
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:00 pm

You just beat me to it PapaDragon, but this is my take anyway.

This is a long article but it is the best that I have seen so far on the slide of Ukraine into being a Banana Republic and what that means. Worth the read. The in country financial sh*t will really hit in the Autumn. These are the first paragraphs.

Ukrainian economy after a year of "reforms": Banana republic without bananas
    Translated by Tatzhit.   7/5/15 Original by Yuri Lukashin http://blogs.korrespondent.net/blog/politics/3514298/
    Preface by the translator

What is the key take-home point of this article?

It shows that, even if there was minimal resistance to the coup from Russians inside and outside Ukraine, turning Ukraine into a banana republic would inevitably bring economic ruin and collapse. The same collapse that recently got the Pro-American, Pro-Kiev fugitive Georgian ex-president Saakashvili to declare "If we achieve 4% economic growth per year, it would take us 20 years to get to pre-Maidan levels". The same collapse that is doing more damage to the Ukrainian nation than the smoldering war in Donbass.

As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words. So I posted both. Pictures first - see for yourself how "good" Western reforms were for Ukraine... Bulgaria, Moldova, Georgia, Serbia, Libya, Syria, Iraq - how many countries does it take to realize the talk about "prosperity" is just empty promises?

Full article at http://fortruss.blogspot.co.uk/2015/07/ukrainian-economy-after-year-of-reforms.html
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:07 pm

This sounds like one very brave, or foolish Ukrainian. Didn't he manage to get to the official US briefing?

HELSINKI (Sputnik) – A Ukrainian delegate at OSCE parliamentary debates on an anti-Russia resolution called for objectivity on Monday as he drew attention to Kiev’s shortfalls on the Minsk peace deal.

Ukraine and Canada have put forth a draft resolution that condemns Russia’s alleged involvement in Ukraine’s crisis, a claim Moscow has repeatedly denied.

"I cannot avoid drawing your attention to one-sided nature of the proposed resolution," Nestor Shufrych said at the Parliamentary Assembly meeting of the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE). He said it was his duty to draw attention of OSCE delegates to the fact that "on the part of the Ukrainian authorities, there was not even one step taken for implementation of Minsk agreements."

Shufrych said Monday that "amendments to the constitution that were due to be introduced do not reflect the basic principles of Minsk agreements." He accused the Ukrainian government of being under pressure of the "party of war" to continue the military operation with the support of the West that has killed over 6,500 people, according to UN estimates.

The delegate also pointed to continued human rights violations in Ukraine that prosecuted those who do not share the government’s stance on the conflict in the southeast, including broadcasters. "If we want a full implementation of Minsk accords, we must be objective when doing so," the delegate concluded.

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/politics/20150706/1024287248.html#ixzz3f8ESoe00

This is from Wiki on him "In the October 2014 Ukrainian parliamentary election Shufrych was again re-elected into parliament; this time after placing 11th on the electoral list of Opposition Bloc."

Last edited by JohninMK on Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Wiki bit added)
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:28 pm

Further on Odessa today. A small group of protestors blocked Gaidar street with banners calling Saakashvili a war criminal and to go. They are attacked by masked uniformed men, presumably pravy sektor. This small action is brave as SBU will study all video and record faces and trace them.
    Ghoster
    Ghoster

Post  Ghoster Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:03 pm

http://nahnews.org/272809-girkin-strelkov-obvinil-zaxarchenko-i-plotnickogo-v-slive-dnr-i-lnr/ wrote:Moscow, July 5.

Former Defense Minister Igor DNI Girkin criticized the action of the current head of DNR and LC. According to him, Alexander and Igor Zakharchenko Carpenter engaged in "draining" of their republics, and in general of New Russia . Girkin also said that Zakharchenko and carpentry became leaders of the young republics as a result of Moscow's policy, and accused the head of the DNI in the delivery of their republic.

"I understand that it is not easy, but he has to understand what it is the republic. He leads her to surrender! For him, the people voted in as head of the DNI, and it has already become a head of the Donetsk region. He legitimize itself! I was silent for a long time and did not criticize it as and carpenter, "- said Girkin.

It is worth noting that Strelkov-Girkin not forget to comment on the murder of the battalion "Ghost" Alexei Mozgovoy, who was one of the most prominent leaders of the revolution in LC, but could not find a common language with Valery Bolotov, the former head of the republic.

"The version that acted Ukrainian DRGs I do not believe even once. This is the version for the press to reassure the public. I have for this reason. I talked with people who were present at the scene. None of them did not even hinted about the Ukrainian DRG ", - said Girkin.

DRG is Диверсионно-разведывательная группа - Sabotage and reconnaissance group.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:08 am