Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+50
kvs
OminousSpudd
Akula971
whir
Bolt
Heartbeer
TheArmenian
Mike E
mack8
The Mule
Ispan
Boreas
kap-the-head
GarryB
Werewolf
higurashihougi
Monarchist
Nikander
medo
VladimirSahin
wilhelm
Cowboy's daughter
cheesfactory
max steel
Walther von Oldenburg
Regular
Godric
Rodinazombie
Firebird
gregoire
Morpheus Eberhardt
Vann7
KoTeMoRe
Prince Darling
Ghoster
Cyberspec
BKP
flamming_python
Karl Haushofer
JohninMK
sepheronx
auslander
2SPOOKY4U
PapaDragon
franco
Flagship Victory
Khepesh
ExBeobachter1987
Neutrality
Erk
54 posters

The Situation in the Ukraine. #17

The Situation in the Ukraine. #17 - Page 40 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #17

Post  Guest Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:19 am

Flagship Victory wrote:Crimea was a mistake to absorb. Should have never done that. It is basic foreign policy. dunno Crimea is too little for Russia to gain, too big for Ukraine to lose. Crimea does not even border Russia.

You know what? In the US, president elections run for 2 whole years, with grueling televised debates between a dozen or so candidates, including foreign policy. In Russia, it is the same ruling party, the same candidate, no televised debates, the same president. That's why Russia president lacks foreign policy skills whereas the US president has very very good foreign policy skills because he / she has to beat a dozen or so other candidates in a 2 years grueling election campaign which involves many televised debates. :cheer

That's why the US president beats the Russia president every time when it comes to foreign policy.

Why don't you take a rest from this thread? It seems to have worn down on your mental state.
    Flagship Victory
    Flagship Victory

The Situation in the Ukraine. #17 - Page 40 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #17

Post  Flagship Victory Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:20 am

Crimea was a mistake to absorb. Should have never done that. It is basic foreign policy. dunno Crimea is too little for Russia to gain, too big for Ukraine to lose. Crimea does not even border Russia.

You know what? In the US, president elections run for 2 whole years, with gruelling televised debates between a dozen or so candidates, including foreign policy. In Russia, it is the same ruling party, the same candidate, no televised debates, the same president. That's why Russia president lacks foreign policy skills whereas the US president has very very good foreign policy skills because he / she has to beat a dozen or so other candidates in a 2 years grueling election campaign which involves many televised debates.  cheers

That's why the US president beats the Russia president every time when it comes to foreign policy.

In Russia, you never have an election like in the US. Putin will run. Putin will win. There is no campaign.

The US is the world's foremost super power because the US elections are the most gruelling in the world. I remember watching the 2008 election and I was like  Shocked I watched like no less than 10 televised debates.

http://www.cnn.com/specials/politics/2016-election
    Flagship Victory
    Flagship Victory

Post  Flagship Victory Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:54 am

Today's edition of Maidan shelling hit Kievsky district in the northwest, the center of Donetsk, and the Oktyabrsky district in the southeast. Looks like heavy pieces of artillery used. 152 mm or even 203 mm Pions. Not sure if NAF fired back but it is unlikely if NAF does not even have AKs.
    Rodinazombie

Post  Rodinazombie Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:55 am

Can everyone just stop replying to the dimwit?

He is a troll, loud and clear, just ignore it, its not difficult.
    Flagship Victory
    Flagship Victory

Post  Flagship Victory Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:57 am

Rodinazombie wrote:Can everyone just stop replying to the dimwit?

I'm Canadian. I do not have a drop of middle eastern or eastern European blood. Heck, I don't even have to give a d about what happens in Donbas. dunno If that's your attitude.
    Neutrality
    Neutrality

Post  Neutrality Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:02 am

Isn't there an automatic ban as soon as someone reaches minus 30 votes? Laughing
    Flagship Victory
    Flagship Victory

Post  Flagship Victory Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:03 am

Can't belive NAF disarmed itself. Not even AKs. Guess they still have sticks and knives. But what can those do against 203 mm Pions? dunno It would be sad indeed if this is the end of the road for the City of a Million Roses and by extension NAF. All good things must come to an end, right? What a Face

Last edited by Flagship Victory on Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:10 am; edited 2 times in total
    par far

Post  par far Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:06 am

Flagship Victory wrote:I can name 5 foreign policy failures on Russia's part.

1. failure to back client Gaddafi in 2011

2. failture to back client Assad in 2011

3. failture to stop Euro Maidan in 2013

4. absorbing Crimea in 2014 therefore made Ukrainians hate Russia forever

5. failure to back NAF resistance in Donbas, Kharkov, Odessa

Had Russia not taken Crimea, then NATO would have locked Russia out of the Black Sea and could have blocked the Russian navy.
    Flagship Victory
    Flagship Victory

Post  Flagship Victory Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:08 am

par far wrote:Had Russia not taken Crimea, then NATO would have locked Russia out of the Black Sea and could have blocked the Russian navy.

Should have occupied but not absorbed. Now the western sanctions against Crimea will never end. On top of that, eternal anger is always a bad thing for health.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:51 am

Ladies any gentlemen this is your captain speaking.

All passengers please turn off you cellphones and stop replying to moron's posts.  angry

Thank you for choosing Dragon Airways, enjoy your flight.
    Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:11 am

Flagship Victory wrote:Crimea was a mistake to absorb. Should have never done that. It is basic foreign policy. dunno Crimea is too little for Russia to gain, too big for Ukraine to lose. Crimea does not even border Russia.

You know what? In the US, president elections run for 2 whole years, with grueling televised debates between a dozen or so candidates, including foreign policy. In Russia, it is the same ruling party, the same candidate, no televised debates, the same president. That's why Russia president lacks foreign policy skills whereas the US president has very very good foreign policy skills because he / she has to beat a dozen or so other candidates in a 2 years grueling election campaign which involves many televised debates. :cheer

"That's why Russia president lacks foreign policy skills whereas the US president has very very good foreign policy skills because he / she has to beat a dozen or so other candidates in a 2 years grueling election campaign which involves many televised debates"

Are you smoking crack while you write this crap? Obama has very very good foreign policy skills???? The guy is a sock-puppet for US wealthy elite, Wall Street and the MIC.

1. Gaddafi 2011 - That was the fault of Medvedev, not Putin. Medvedev trsuted the US/HATO when they said a no-fly zone would prevent unnecessary bloodshed, but they were lying as regime-change was ALWAYS the plan. Putin advised to veto, but Med overruled him. HATO got its piece of paper as a fig-leaf to cover their war-crimes, so they executed their long-planned bloody overthrow.

2. Assad 2011 - Russia IS backing Syria and Assads government, but what do you expect? Russian troops parachuting in Rakaa? Migs and S-300s are not what syriua needs right now. Zionist airspace incursions may be a pain in the rear and embarrassing, but they don't threaten the nation. Hordes of Saudi, turkish, Qatari and US supported jihadists do however, and Russian support is geared to support the SAA in holding territory and defeating the enemy on the ground. ISS and Jahbat-al-Nusra don't have have aircraft, so why need S-300s? In the absense of air defences, the SAA can use helos for precision bombing of enemy targets, so no real need for multimillion dollar jet fighters.

3, Euromaiden 2013 - What should Russia have done? Thermobaric weapons on Maidan square? Yanukovichs gov needed to control tha situation and failed. Russia simply couldn't take direct action as her enemies would spin it into a propaganda extravaganza. Headlines would scream "Russia invading to keep Ukrainian peoples as slaves to corrupt crony regime" or " Hungary 1956, Czech 1968, now Ukraine 2013!!!!"

4. Crimea 2014 - brilliant execution, a friggin masterstroke! Crimea is again russian, now and forever russia Ukrop haters were always going to hate, and given the alternative is a HATO militray presence on the peninsula and the Black sea turning into a HATO-controlled lake with cruise-missile equipped warships patrolling Russias southern border, the strategic imperative was crystal clear. the fact that ~90% of Crimeans supported the secession is simply icing on the cake as the switch was confirmed with an overwhelming democratic mandate, and THAT is what is really killing the Eurotrash elite and their masters in Fashington.

5. NAF resistance - Its not in Russias interests to have a full-blooded conflict with Ukraine, as this would be horrendously expensive in terms of money, blood, reputation and karma, and create the conditions for HATO operatives (both official and the NGO 5th columnists) to intensify the hatred they have encouraged in the Banderistas and to infect the general Ukr population, leading to agreement for inclusion into HATO. It would also allow for a much increased economic war to damage Russia economy. Russia IS defending the NAF, just not in an overt fashion. DPR/LPR are too tough a nut for the Ukrops to crack, and as Herr Porkshank cools on the idea of "liberating Donbass" the Banderite nutters will turn their hatred against Kiev and the Wests installed stooges. Having your enemies fight and squabble, and destroy their own reputations and national economy in the process is part of the long-term strategy for liberating ALL of Ukraine from the fascist menace, not just one portion of Donbass. The Battle for Ukraine will take YEARS and my money is on Russia....
    Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:16 am

PapaDragon wrote:Ladies any gentlemen this is your captain speaking.

All passengers please turn off you cellphones and stop replying to moron's posts.  angry

Thank you for choosing Dragon Airways, enjoy your flight.

I understand completely! This Flagshit character is going full retard, and appears to be oblivious to facts or reasoned argument.... While responding to his(her) absurdity is no doubt of little practical value, I cannot in good conscience willing allow an idiot to take control of the floor. Rebuttals are necessary, even when ones protagonist is clearly a troll.

Post  Guest Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:42 am

Flagship Victory wrote:
    Rodinazombie wrote:Can everyone just stop replying to the dimwit?

I'm Canadian. I do not have a drop of middle eastern or eastern European blood. Heck, I don't even have to give a d about what happens in Donbas.  dunno  If that's your attitude.
    Hey Flagship, the only reason you are not on my ignore list is because when you go and post news it is informative and/or interesting pieces of information that are quite rare. How about you stop putting your personal opinions all over here and just stick to news? As you may have guessed, the crowd here has a largely differing opinion than you and we don't care that much about what you think.

The only reason I'm writing this is because I actually do believe that Flagship could be a good poster if he cut his opinion out of his posts.
    onwiththewar
    onwiththewar

Post  onwiththewar Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:57 am

Off topic in the heat of debates Wink , I bought a Russian phone effire a7 (of course no phones are made outside Asia but it's Russian designed and company is Russian) and it works way better than my other iPhone 5 or Samsung galaxy s4.

I got it from eBay for $160 from some other dude, but I don't know how to purchase other Russian products regularly online to show our supports. Any tips?

On the news though, not sure if it's already posted. My apologies if it is. It appeared NAF did not actually withdraw their weapons, they received the order to withdraw, but before actually doing it, bombardment happened and they had to respond and fire back. Apparently they destroyed 4 UAF mortar batteries as a result.

Now the withdrawal order is cancelled.

So we can put and end to the withdrawal of weapons topic.

sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:09 am

onwiththewar wrote:Off topic in the heat of debates Wink , I bought a Russian phone effire a7 (of course no phones are made outside Asia but it's Russian designed and company is Russian) and it works way better than my other iPhone 5 or Samsung galaxy s4.

I got it from eBay for $160 from some other dude, but I don't know how to purchase other Russian products regularly online to show our supports. Any tips?

On the news though, not sure if it's already posted. My apologies if it is. It appeared NAF did not actually withdraw their weapons, they received the order to withdraw, but before actually doing it, bombardment happened and they had to respond and fire back. Apparently they destroyed 4 UAF mortar batteries as a result.

If this phone works under my service providers signals, I would seriously purchase one.

Post  Guest Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:40 am

onwiththewar wrote:Off topic in the heat of debates Wink , I bought a Russian phone effire a7 (of course no phones are made outside Asia but it's Russian designed and company is Russian) and it works way better than my other iPhone 5 or Samsung galaxy s4.

Checked the news and I heard the same thing about the withdrawal of weapons and the immediate response.

On the other hand, I heard some hipsters wanted to bring the Russian Yotaphone to the US. By the time my phone will have to be replaced, I would want to switch over to a Yotaphone.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:06 am