Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

MiG-29/ΜiG-35 Fulcrum: News

kvs

Re: MiG-29/ΜiG-35 Fulcrum: News

Post  kvs on Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:01 pm

franco wrote:thumbsup

Now in poor old KVS's defense doesn't he live in western Canada surrounded by all them Ukies  Wink

You are confusing me with the monetarist zealot in this thread. He's the one living out west in Canada.
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible on Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:20 pm

kvs wrote:
    franco wrote:thumbsup

Now in poor old KVS's defense doesn't he live in western Canada surrounded by all them Ukies  Wink

You are confusing me with the monetarist zealot in this thread.   He's the one living out west in Canada.  

don't kid yourself, there are a shit ton of Bohonks out in eastern Canada too. At least I'm not living in Edmondchuk.

In reality, Russia's method is a-OK with me. Its growing, its developing, its making right moves (introducing cryptocurrency next year in exchange), building its military up beautifully and at decent rates, and developing an autarky like economy. Only thing I agree with KVS is the CBR shit policy of high interest rates and sitting on reserve rather than using it. I don't agree with high debt at all. Been done and didn't work. I guess you can blame the Russians for having cold feet over it since it was a failure policy before hand.

I've been to countries enough times to see the changes in the economy from low debt to high debt (India, Thailand, etc). All the same results - artificial growth with little to show for it. Growth in prices thanks to expats also contributed but ruined life for locals. Maybe I'm a monitorist but that is due to real life experience.
    GarryB

Post  GarryB on Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:44 am

Enough economics BS on this thread.

This is the thread about the Fulcrum.

Russia can certainly afford to have MiG-35s... even unify their designs with the MiG-29K2 if needed to save money... the land based models having fixed wings and the sea going variety having folding wings.

The Flanker is a nice aircraft but few mention when it has full fuel tanks (internal that is) its flight performance is limited in terms of gs it can pull safely... this means it cannot take off with full tanks and then go straight into a dog fight.

Not a hugely serious problem, but just proves it is not perfect either.

with inflight refuelling the MiG can fly as far as a Flanker does if it needs to, but most of the time it would not need to.

“The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:25 pm