Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    MiG-29/ΜiG-35 Fulcrum: News

    Share
    avatar
    GarryB

    Posts : 17213
    Points : 17819
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: MiG-29/ΜiG-35 Fulcrum: News

    Post  GarryB on Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:03 am

    If the job is target marking then you don't need a fighter... a buccaneer is a carrier based strike aircraft and certainly not a fighter.

    In Vietnam the US used small light planes called Bird dogs to spot targets for heavier bombers... most often they were armed with small rocket pods and marked targets with coloured smoke...


    _________________
    “The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

    ― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order
    avatar
    Isos

    Posts : 1204
    Points : 1202
    Join date : 2015-11-06

    Re: MiG-29/ΜiG-35 Fulcrum: News

    Post  Isos on Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:10 pm

    Just found this about SMT. The OLS is not that good with less than 60km range against a Su-30from behind and it has big engines without reduction of its heat signature so an easy target. I hope they have something better for Sukhois and for Mig-35.



    The radar is as we already said normal. It has 120 km range against 5m² target head on and look up and 110 against the same target when look down. But it is multi role and allow to attack ships at 300 km which is very good as the mig can carry the kh-31 and kh-35 so it can use them at max range.

    This is weired that they have only 120km because they created Zhuk-10PD for chinese J-10 with 160km range. They also claim on wiki that Zhuk-M has 180km range for the export version but here it is claimed only 120km.

    Also for those who say Su-57 is not stealth from behind, you can see here the dfference between head on radar detection (120km) and tail on detection range (50km). The detection range reduced by more than two so the su-57 doesn't need to be as stealth on it rear as on its front. Smart move of sukhoi to save money.

    avatar
    GarryB

    Posts : 17213
    Points : 17819
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: MiG-29/ΜiG-35 Fulcrum: News

    Post  GarryB on Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:26 am


    This is weired that they have only 120km because they created Zhuk-10PD for chinese J-10 with 160km range. They also claim on wiki that Zhuk-M has 180km range for the export version but here it is claimed only 120km.

    Conservative numbers for export model... not a surprise.... totally the opposite of western practise of course...

    Also for those who say Su-57 is not stealth from behind, you can see here the dfference between head on radar detection (120km) and tail on detection range (50km). The detection range reduced by more than two so the su-57 doesn't need to be as stealth on it rear as on its front. Smart move of sukhoi to save money.

    Tracking ranges against receeding targets are always reduced compared with tracking range with closing targets...

    The OLS is not that good with less than 60km range against a Su-30from behind and it has big engines without reduction of its heat signature so an easy target. I hope they have something better for Sukhois and for Mig-35.

    That is not bad for tracking range for a twin engined fighter with turbofan engines.... they have a bit of bypass air which does not go through the hot section and is actually cold air... the choice is no accident.... they are pretty much referencing its effective range against an F-15C.

    Why do you think being able to detect and track an F-15C or perhaps F-22 sized aircraft from 60km totally passively is a bad thing?


    _________________
    “The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

    ― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

    kopyo-21

    Posts : 163
    Points : 165
    Join date : 2013-08-21
    Location : Bangkok - Thailand

    Re: MiG-29/ΜiG-35 Fulcrum: News

    Post  kopyo-21 on Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:17 am

    It is the first time I see a Mig-29smt with 3 fuel tanks and weapons. The total loadout is around 5 tons.





    avatar
    Isos

    Posts : 1204
    Points : 1202
    Join date : 2015-11-06

    Re: MiG-29/ΜiG-35 Fulcrum: News

    Post  Isos on Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:13 am

    Why do you think being able to detect and track an F-15C or perhaps F-22 sized aircraft from 60km totally passively is a bad thing?

    Well compared to su-35's or Rafale's one it's inferior but they should have something better for mig 35.

    It is bad because they have models with 90+km range and their R-27T are +100 km in range so they can't use them at max range passivly while they could if they put the ols of su 35.
    avatar
    GarryB

    Posts : 17213
    Points : 17819
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: MiG-29/ΜiG-35 Fulcrum: News

    Post  GarryB on Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:26 am

    The MiG-35 is not going to be hunting Su-35s or Rafales, it is a short range fighter/interceptor/bomber... and to be honest when its AESA radar matures and becomes more capable it will be using that rather more and more.

    The R-27T has a range of 65km against a fighter sized target, while the R-27ET has a range of about 80km against a fighter sized target, but AFAIK neither have a datalink or autopilot and lock on after launch capability so it does not matter what range it can detect a target with its IRST, if the seeker in the missile cannot detect the target at such ranges then you are wasting your time.

    The IR guided models of Alamo are mostly intended for chase down intercepts from behind where normal radar tracking is not so effective... which means firing a missile with a 65km effective intercept range actually means launching when it is less than 30km away and heading away from you and having it catch up.

    They would probably have a range of less than 30km at low altitude but then most WVR missiles will have less than 10km range at such altitudes in ideal conditions.

    In the next gen missiles for the PAK FA they might have medium and long range missiles with IIR seekers that can lock on after launch (they have to because they can't lock onto targets from inside a weapon bay). That means you can detect the trace of an enemy aircraft and launch a long range missile in that direction with its seeker looking for targets all the way passively... the ultimate anti stealth weapon... Very simply the range of the IRST is not a problem... if you detect any IR signature then you know the target is either very very hot or it is at most 60km away... so a 280km range IIR guided R-37M should be able to run it down and catch it up even if it cannot detect it at launch.

    The IRST in the MiG-29A export model is superior to the IRST fitted as standard in the F-22... Razz


    _________________
    “The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

    ― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order
    avatar
    MC-21

    Posts : 44
    Points : 50
    Join date : 2017-10-09
    Age : 46

    Re: MiG-29/ΜiG-35 Fulcrum: News

    Post  MC-21 on Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:32 pm

    N RUSSIA 09:13, 6 January 2018
    State tests MiG-35 start in early 2018
    There is an update from 14:51 → In the Russian Federation, flight tests of the tenth fifth-generation fighter Su-57
    Moscow. 6th January. INTERFAX.RU - The MiG-35 multipurpose fighter will soon be released for government tests, a source in the aviation industry told Interfax.

    "The factory flight tests of the MiG-35 were completed in December 2017. The fighter is preparing to enter state joint tests in early 2018," the source said.

    According to him, the state testing is planned to be completed in 2019.

    In November 2017, representative of the Russian Aircraft Corporation (RAC) MiG (part of the UAC) told Interfax that the results of the first stage of the tests will be announced in early 2018. "The factory flight tests are in accordance with the schedule and will end at the end of this year, which means that we will be able to voice the results at the beginning of the next one," the company spokesman said.

    MiG-35 - the most perfect in the family of fighters "MiG". This aircraft belongs to the 4 ++ generation and is regarded as a transitional link to the fifth generation fighter. The aircraft is capable of simultaneously capturing 10 targets, it is unobtrusive and multifunctional. It is equipped with radio-electronic equipment, which allows the use of all means of aviation destruction.

    The composition of the MiG-35 means introduces advanced aviation weapons, which were not previously offered for export. Among them - means of destruction of a long range, allowing to attack targets without entering the air defense (air defense) zones. The aircraft is able to solve combat missions in the spectra of "air-to-air", "air-ground", "air-ship".

    The MiG-35 is equipped with a modern defense system, it minimizes a sudden attack from the enemy, allows to recognize both aircraft and flying missiles.

    Previously, Viktor Bondarev, while in the position of the commander-in-chief of the VKS, said that the entire fleet of light fighters would be replaced with the MiG-35. According to him, the fighter can be equipped with laser weapons..
    http://www.interfax.ru/russia/594502
    avatar
    MC-21

    Posts : 44
    Points : 50
    Join date : 2017-10-09
    Age : 46

    Re: MiG-29/ΜiG-35 Fulcrum: News

    Post  MC-21 on Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:43 am

    avatar
    Isos

    Posts : 1204
    Points : 1202
    Join date : 2015-11-06

    Re: MiG-29/ΜiG-35 Fulcrum: News

    Post  Isos on Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:02 pm

    http://nationalinterest.org/blog/the-buzz/what-everyone-wants-know-about-russias-new-mig-35-fighter-18939

    The picture in this article shows a maket of the mig-35 but with 5 weapons on each wing.

    Are they planing to increase the number of hardpoints to 11 or keep the 9 ? They also have the new double luncher already seen on su-35 for that.

    Another question. Is the hardpoint between the engines able to carry missiles or is it only for fuel tanks ?

    kopyo-21

    Posts : 163
    Points : 165
    Join date : 2013-08-21
    Location : Bangkok - Thailand

    Re: MiG-29/ΜiG-35 Fulcrum: News

    Post  kopyo-21 on Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:47 am



    Do you know if the wings of Mig-35 for RuAF and the Mig-29M2 for Egypt are complete wings or folded wings?

    What I see in the Mig-29M/M2 prototype is its wings are folded like Mig-29k/kub. Are they just use the same aircaft for both prototypes (Mig-29k/kub and Mig-29m/m2) or they have never really developed the complete wings for Mig-29m/m2 and Mig-35/35d like the F-18 and F/A-18?

    Thank you.
    avatar
    George1

    Posts : 11066
    Points : 11543
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: MiG-29/ΜiG-35 Fulcrum: News

    Post  George1 on Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:04 pm

    http://mig35.tass.com/


    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov

    avatar
    GarryB

    Posts : 17213
    Points : 17819
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: MiG-29/ΜiG-35 Fulcrum: News

    Post  GarryB on Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:39 am

    I remember many years ago there was talk about a new engine for the MiG-33 as it was called then... it was called the RD45 and was supposed to be an RD33 like engine with 12 tons thrust.

    I wonder if that is still in development or if it ever existed...


    _________________
    “The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

    ― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order
    avatar
    AMCXXL

    Posts : 183
    Points : 185
    Join date : 2017-08-08

    Re: MiG-29/ΜiG-35 Fulcrum: News

    Post  AMCXXL on Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:14 am

    Luq man wrote:Mig-35 production starts Januari 2018.
    https://rg.ru/2017/12/26/reg-cfo/proizvodstvo-mig-35-nachnetsia-v-ianvare.html

    Putin still dont have signed the SAP 2018-2027 , so still , there are not any contract for start the work
    Probably after the elections

    medo wrote:https://sdelanounas.ru/blogs/102223/

    MiG Corporation finished modernization of their production plant in Kalyazin in Tver Oblast for serial production of MiG-35 and Il-114. MiG will now be able to produce 36 MiG-35 jets per year. RuAF need around 400 MiG-35 jets and big investment in production modernization show, that RuAF will buy them. No need for production capabilities of 36 jets per year if RuAF will order only 30 jets.

    Another of big nonsenses of journalist, that not undrestand how to work a production plant

    IAPO can produce 36 Su-30 or more after 20 years of experience , in fact , already have produced more than 30 Su-30 other years. Only is question of have more customers
    MAPO cannot go to the unemployment office and hire hundreds of experienced aeronautical workers to make 36 planes the first year, simply this notice is false.

    About "Russia need 400 MiG-35" , probably in the wet dreams of the CEO of MiG lol!

    Russia alredy have replaced all the MiG-29 regiments by Su-30SM , and generals dont want MiGs

    Russia has only 4 squadrons of MiG-29, only 1 of combat, other of display and two in training centers. Total less than 70 MiG-29
    Also has one regiment of MiG-29SMT without known destination after replacement by Su-30SM

    In the better case , if Russia replaces in long term all MiG-29 with MiG-35 (inlcluded the "Algerian") ,there are about 100 MiG-35 to buy, that cound be a reasonable objetive until 2027 or 2030 (about 8-10 airplanes per year)
    avatar
    Isos

    Posts : 1204
    Points : 1202
    Join date : 2015-11-06

    Re: MiG-29/ΜiG-35 Fulcrum: News

    Post  Isos on Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:50 am

    AMCXXL wrote:
    Luq man wrote:Mig-35 production starts Januari 2018.
    https://rg.ru/2017/12/26/reg-cfo/proizvodstvo-mig-35-nachnetsia-v-ianvare.html

    Putin still dont have signed the SAP 2018-2027 , so still , there are not any contract for start the work
    Probably after the elections

    medo wrote:https://sdelanounas.ru/blogs/102223/

    MiG Corporation finished modernization of their production plant in Kalyazin in Tver Oblast for serial production of MiG-35 and Il-114. MiG will now be able to produce 36 MiG-35 jets per year. RuAF need around 400 MiG-35 jets and big investment in production modernization show, that RuAF will buy them. No need for production capabilities of 36 jets per year if RuAF will order only 30 jets.

    Another of big nonsenses of journalist, that not undrestand how to work a production plant

    IAPO can produce 36 Su-30 or more after 20 years of experience , in fact , already have produced more than 30 Su-30 other years. Only is question of have more customers
    MAPO cannot go to the unemployment office and hire hundreds of experienced aeronautical workers to make 36 planes the first year, simply this notice is false.

    About "Russia need 400 MiG-35" , probably in the wet dreams of the CEO of MiG lol!

    Russia alredy have replaced all the MiG-29 regiments by Su-30SM , and generals dont want MiGs

    Russia has only 4 squadrons of MiG-29, only 1 of combat, other of display and two in training centers. Total less than 70 MiG-29
    Also has one regiment of MiG-29SMT without known destination after replacement by Su-30SM

    In the better case , if Russia replaces in long term all MiG-29 with MiG-35 (inlcluded the "Algerian") ,there are about 100 MiG-35 to buy, that cound be a reasonable objetive until 2027 or 2030 (about 8-10 airplanes per year)

    You are confusing Mig-29 and Mig-35. Mig-35 is as good as Su-30SM, if not better in air to air with its AESA. It should also be cheaper and many countries would buy it instead of the bigger sukhoi brother which is well suited for big countries like Russia, China or India but for smaller countries Mig-35 is a much better choice.

    Russia really needs a cheaper fighter other than the Sukhois because they have a big area to defend. If those general like you said don't want it then they are not good generals. Countries like Israel, Turkey or India have more modern fighters than Russia. I agree the range of Mig-35 is still short for Russia but having only the expensive Sukhois isn't the best choice possible.
    avatar
    AMCXXL

    Posts : 183
    Points : 185
    Join date : 2017-08-08

    Re: MiG-29/ΜiG-35 Fulcrum: News

    Post  AMCXXL on Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:59 am

    kopyo-21 wrote:

    Do you know if the wings of Mig-35 for RuAF and the Mig-29M2 for Egypt are complete wings or folded wings?

    What I see in the Mig-29M/M2 prototype is its wings are folded like Mig-29k/kub. Are they just use the same aircaft for both prototypes (Mig-29k/kub and Mig-29m/m2) or they have never really developed the complete wings for Mig-29m/m2 and Mig-35/35d like the F-18 and F/A-18?

    Thank you.

    Nº 747 in the photo is the first prototype of MiG-35 "two seater"
    Nº 741 is the first prototype of MiG-35 single seat
    Product is uncertain, possibly 9.71 and 9.77

    Nº961 is first prototype pf Egyptian MiG-29
    Nº967 is first prototype of Egyptian MiG-29 "two seater"
    Product 9.61 and 9.67


    "MiG-35D" IS NOT A STANDARD MIG-35 is just one of the six prototypes 151 to 156 of MiG-29M Project (Product 9.15-comercial name purposed: MiG-33),
    So called "MiG-35D" is just a single airplane, the prototype Nº154 of Project MiG-29M made in late 80´s, later modificated for Indian MRCA and later used as DEMONSTRATOR in airshows with some improvements of the project MiG-35, called by industry "MiG-35D" (Demonstrator of tecnologies)
    That "MiG-35D" is a two seater does not means MiG-35 "two seater" is the MiG-35D
    The two seater of MiG-35 will be MiG-35UB as all "two seaters" in Russia

    The MiG-35 is diferent to the Egyptian MiG-29 and other MiG-29UB despite have a common start point in the airframe





    Last edited by AMCXXL on Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:41 am; edited 5 times in total
    avatar
    AMCXXL

    Posts : 183
    Points : 185
    Join date : 2017-08-08

    Re: MiG-29/ΜiG-35 Fulcrum: News

    Post  AMCXXL on Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:02 am

    Isos wrote:
    AMCXXL wrote:
    Luq man wrote:Mig-35 production starts Januari 2018.
    https://rg.ru/2017/12/26/reg-cfo/proizvodstvo-mig-35-nachnetsia-v-ianvare.html

    Putin still dont have signed the SAP 2018-2027 , so still , there are not any contract for start the work
    Probably after the elections

    medo wrote:https://sdelanounas.ru/blogs/102223/

    MiG Corporation finished modernization of their production plant in Kalyazin in Tver Oblast for serial production of MiG-35 and Il-114. MiG will now be able to produce 36 MiG-35 jets per year. RuAF need around 400 MiG-35 jets and big investment in production modernization show, that RuAF will buy them. No need for production capabilities of 36 jets per year if RuAF will order only 30 jets.

    Another of big nonsenses of journalist, that not undrestand how to work a production plant

    IAPO can produce 36 Su-30 or more after 20 years of experience , in fact , already have produced more than 30 Su-30 other years. Only is question of have more customers
    MAPO cannot go to the unemployment office and hire hundreds of experienced aeronautical workers to make 36 planes the first year, simply this notice is false.

    About "Russia need 400 MiG-35" , probably in the wet dreams of the CEO of MiG lol!

    Russia alredy have replaced all the MiG-29 regiments by Su-30SM , and generals dont want MiGs

    Russia has only 4 squadrons of MiG-29, only 1 of combat, other of display and two in training centers. Total less than 70 MiG-29
    Also has one regiment of MiG-29SMT without known destination after replacement by Su-30SM

    In the better case , if Russia replaces in long term all MiG-29 with MiG-35 (inlcluded the "Algerian") ,there are about 100 MiG-35 to buy, that cound be a reasonable objetive until 2027 or 2030 (about 8-10 airplanes per year)

    You are confusing Mig-29 and Mig-35. Mig-35 is as good as Su-30SM, if not better in air to air with its AESA. It should also be cheaper and many countries would buy it instead of the bigger sukhoi brother which is well suited for big countries like Russia, China or India but for smaller countries Mig-35 is a much better choice.

    Russia really needs a cheaper fighter other than the Sukhois because they have a big area to defend. If those general like you said don't want it then they are not good generals. Countries like Israel, Turkey or India have more modern fighters than Russia. I agree the range of Mig-35 is still short for Russia but having only the expensive Sukhois isn't the best choice possible.

    Of course , you are much clever than the Russian Air Force generals and chiefs of Major Staff , that probably have have flown all figthers since MiG-17, and know all the classificated data that you unkonow
    avatar
    Isos

    Posts : 1204
    Points : 1202
    Join date : 2015-11-06

    Re: MiG-29/ΜiG-35 Fulcrum: News

    Post  Isos on Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:19 pm


    Of course , you are much clever than the Russian Air Force generals and chiefs of Major Staff , that probably have have flown all figthers since MiG-17, and know all the classificated data that you unkonow



    Who cares about classicated data ? Their sukhois have nothing magical, they can be destroyed and they don't have enough of them to correctly cover all the mainland. A cheaper fighter is needed, no matter what they say.

    Those general are talking for their domestic public just like would US ones do. They wouldn't say they have a bad army. But the fact are there, they don't have enough of fighters.
    avatar
    AMCXXL

    Posts : 183
    Points : 185
    Join date : 2017-08-08

    Re: MiG-29/ΜiG-35 Fulcrum: News

    Post  AMCXXL on Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:30 pm

    Isos wrote:

    Of course , you are much clever than the Russian Air Force generals and chiefs of Major Staff , that probably have have flown all figthers since MiG-17, and know all the classificated data that you unkonow



    Who cares about classicated data ? Their sukhois have nothing magical, they can be destroyed and they don't have enough of them to correctly cover all the mainland. A cheaper fighter is needed, no matter what they say.

    Those general are talking for their domestic public just like would US ones do. They wouldn't say they have a bad army. But the fact are there, they don't have enough of fighters.

    + 600 figthers are not enough? Enough for what?
    How many combat airplanes have Germany capable to fly, and UK ? and Polonia ? and Italy? France ?

    Russia have a lot of nuclear warheads for defend the "homeland" against USA
    The airplanes are for defend against other enemies, not USA , or in other scenarios , not in the same Russia
    The air defence system of Russia is backed not only by airplanes. In fact the main doctrine is denial the air space, backed by long range radars and long range AA misiles
    Also no country is capable to strike all the russian country only with airplanes.
    Nowadays there are not any army in Europe or the Middle East capable to do nothing against Russia
    avatar
    Kimppis

    Posts : 419
    Points : 425
    Join date : 2014-12-23

    Re: MiG-29/ΜiG-35 Fulcrum: News

    Post  Kimppis on Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:38 pm

    Isos wrote:Countries like Israel, Turkey or India have more modern fighters than Russia.

    What!? That is not true, at all.

    But what is going on with the AESA radar, like is it even ready? That TASS marketing page only lists the specifications of the old radar, which has a 160km detection range LMAO, is that supposed to impressive?

    Considering how things are going, the AESA radar won't be ready anytime soon either... No
    avatar
    AMCXXL

    Posts : 183
    Points : 185
    Join date : 2017-08-08

    Re: MiG-29/ΜiG-35 Fulcrum: News

    Post  AMCXXL on Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:19 pm

    Kimppis wrote:
    Isos wrote:Countries like Israel, Turkey or India have more modern fighters than Russia.

    What!? That is not true, at all.

    But what is going on with the AESA radar, like is it even ready? That TASS marketing page only lists the specifications of the old radar, which has a 160km detection range LMAO, is that supposed to impressive?

    Considering how things are going, the AESA radar won't be ready anytime soon either... No

    Israeli F-16 downed for a old soviet S-150 or S-200 is better than Su-35S or Su-30SM ??? What a Face
    avatar
    miketheterrible

    Posts : 1843
    Points : 1841
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Re: MiG-29/ΜiG-35 Fulcrum: News

    Post  miketheterrible on Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:47 pm

    Kimppis wrote:
    Isos wrote:Countries like Israel, Turkey or India have more modern fighters than Russia.

    What!? That is not true, at all.

    But what is going on with the AESA radar, like is it even ready? That TASS marketing page only lists the specifications of the old radar, which has a 160km detection range LMAO, is that supposed to impressive?

    Considering how things are going, the AESA radar won't be ready anytime soon either... No

    MiG-35 will then see about double it's engagement capability then if it's 160km range. Not bad for a small jet. Issue is, no one anywhere knows the Zhuk-A and where it stands right now. As I have proven, The T/R modules are made and used, with new GaN modules also in current production status. All we knew in the past was they had real difficulty cooling the modules on a small aircraft like MiG-29's so it really hindered performance to point that an mechanical radar was better suited.

    Now days, radar is starting to take a back seat btw, something I noticed. F-35 started the trend of sniffing radar signals to detect enemy aircrafts. Russia is doing same with their jets, so is nearly everyone else.

    What I find interesting is that radar engagement capabilities are in close performance to Russias OLS systems.
    avatar
    Isos

    Posts : 1204
    Points : 1202
    Join date : 2015-11-06

    Re: MiG-29/ΜiG-35 Fulcrum: News

    Post  Isos on Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:01 pm

    AMCXXL wrote:
    Kimppis wrote:
    Isos wrote:Countries like Israel, Turkey or India have more modern fighters than Russia.

    What!? That is not true, at all.

    But what is going on with the AESA radar, like is it even ready? That TASS marketing page only lists the specifications of the old radar, which has a 160km detection range LMAO, is that supposed to impressive?

    Considering how things are going, the AESA radar won't be ready anytime soon either... No

    Israeli F-16 downed for a old soviet S-150 or S-200 is better than Su-35S or Su-30SM ??? What a Face  

    Since when sukhoi are immune to air defence systems ?

    MiG-35 will then see about double it's engagement capability then if it's 160km range. Not bad for a small jet. Issue is, no one anywhere knows the Zhuk-A and where it stands right now. As I have proven, The T/R modules are made and used, with new GaN modules also in current production status. All we knew in the past was they had real difficulty cooling the modules on a small aircraft like MiG-29's so it really hindered performance to point that an mechanical radar was better suited.

    Now days, radar is starting to take a back seat btw, something I noticed. F-35 started the trend of sniffing radar signals to detect enemy aircrafts. Russia is doing same with their jets, so is nearly everyone else.

    What I find interesting is that radar engagement capabilities are in close performance to Russias OLS systems.

    Last aesa radar for mig-35 have 250 km range. They are all ready but they have difficulties to produce them as no one ordered them yet.

    Sniffing an aesa is not easy. OLS is not meant to replace radar. 250 km will allow ot to use also r-37 against awacs.
    avatar
    miketheterrible

    Posts : 1843
    Points : 1841
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Re: MiG-29/ΜiG-35 Fulcrum: News

    Post  miketheterrible on Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:12 pm

    R-37 isn't for MiG-35 first off. Second, they been producing the modules a long time but not for aircraft. Third off, it is very easy to pick up radar signals since it's radiation. It's rather basic. Even with "LPI" it is only using a fraction of power to scan in a direction. Average t/r module is about 5 to 10W of power. You are not going to get much of a scan/detection with even 30 T/R modules pointing in one direction. And even as soon as that radiation is sent, sensors can pick it up. How accurate? Not entirely. But enough to know, because once again, it's a low amount of power being sent out. Unless radiation can definitely the laws of physics by being encrypted through it's particles, it can be picked up (lol). So please, spare me the panphlet talk.

    OLS on the other hand uses a laser and optics. While it can be easily picked up by enemy sensors, it only works of the laser is on your directly. But with IIR, it becomes hard as it's not letting off any particular signal/radiation. Yes, it's an expensive use, but it works wonders when you yourself is wanting to engage an enemy without being spotted yourself or letting the enemy know you locked him.
    avatar
    kvs

    Posts : 3407
    Points : 3532
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Re: MiG-29/ΜiG-35 Fulcrum: News

    Post  kvs on Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:31 pm

    Switching to GaN amplifiers allows the same level of detection to be obtained but at much lower power. Of course,
    higher detection can be obtained at higher power levels. The Russian defense industry does have its act together
    regardless of what NATO fanbois love to think.

    I think the current anti-Russian hysteria being whipped up in NATO is due to the realization by its bosses that
    Russia has its act together and is rapidly advancing. They had written it off as a corrupt banana republic dependent
    on oil exports. That is why Obummer was convinced that sanctions on Russia coupled with the obviously engineered
    oil price drop would put Russia on its knees. That "the hyperpower" was so pathetically wrong about Russia says
    a lot about the true level of NATO.
    avatar
    miketheterrible

    Posts : 1843
    Points : 1841
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Re: MiG-29/ΜiG-35 Fulcrum: News

    Post  miketheterrible on Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:34 pm

    GaN I thought was mostly due to efficiency so they we're able to produce more power output without the need of a same cooling system as GaAS does.

    Regardless, they got their 10W GaN modules made by Rostec.

    Sponsored content

    Re: MiG-29/ΜiG-35 Fulcrum: News

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:09 pm