Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    MiG-29/ΜiG-35 Fulcrum: News

    Share
    avatar
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 7248
    Points : 7342
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: MiG-29/ΜiG-35 Fulcrum: News

    Post  PapaDragon on Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:31 am


    LMFS and new STOVL are same thing and if they aren't they soon will be.
    avatar
    LMFS

    Posts : 826
    Points : 820
    Join date : 2018-03-03

    Re: MiG-29/ΜiG-35 Fulcrum: News

    Post  LMFS on Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:39 am

    Isos wrote:
    Again many say mig-35 is for export but mig signed a contract for mig-29M for egypt while mig 35 was almost finished. They don't seem to be worried to sell it or not. confused
    Have a strange feeling, that MiG-35 in fact does not exist. It is just a "potential" plane... until somebody actually buys it. Until then it is a MiG-29M under another name.

    The six units for the acrobatic team... do they even have radars?

    MiG and MoD itself are doing what they can to sell this plane but it is not working, and if it does not work, then there is no money to develop the AESA radar and the rest of features of the plane. It is sad because I think the plane is actually quite ok and probably a bargain in terms of costs but they need to dissipate the doubts by fielding actual 4.5G planes with TVC, AESA radars in reasonable amounts. And make sure all the claims about bad reliability and service quality are addressed and corrected.
    avatar
    George1

    Posts : 12236
    Points : 12715
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: MiG-29/ΜiG-35 Fulcrum: News

    Post  George1 on Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:00 am

    PapaDragon wrote:
    LMFS and new STOVL are same thing and if they aren't they soon will be.

    Like F-35 which is the merge of 2 projects
    avatar
    AMCXXL

    Posts : 248
    Points : 250
    Join date : 2017-08-08

    Re: MiG-29/ΜiG-35 Fulcrum: News

    Post  AMCXXL on Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:27 am

    LMFS wrote:
    Isos wrote:
    Again many say mig-35 is for export but mig signed a contract for mig-29M for egypt while mig 35 was almost finished. They don't seem to be worried to sell it or not. confused
    Have a strange feeling, that MiG-35 in fact does not exist. It is just a "potential" plane... until somebody actually buys it. Until then it is a MiG-29M under another name.

    The six units for the acrobatic team... do they even have radars?

    MiG and MoD itself are doing what they can to sell this plane but it is not working, and if it does not work, then there is no money to develop the AESA radar and the rest of features of the plane. It is sad because I think the plane is actually quite ok and probably a bargain in terms of costs but they need to dissipate the doubts by fielding actual 4.5G planes with TVC, AESA radars in reasonable amounts. And make sure all the claims about bad reliability and service quality are addressed and corrected.

    MiG-35 main use will be carrier based figther in Rusia
    New Russian carriers will have a carrier wing of Sukhois (Su-35K or Su-57K??) and MiG-35K

    Also other countries that will expand their Navy , like India or other asiatic countries will need more carrier based MiG´s.

    In RuAF , depends of the definitive sturcture could need one regiment after 2027 for South District that is the only without MiG-31, and probably the MiG-29SMT that are all excedents/discards of Algerian order, also should be discarded or sold in the future.


    Last edited by AMCXXL on Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:15 am; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    AMCXXL

    Posts : 248
    Points : 250
    Join date : 2017-08-08

    Re: MiG-29/ΜiG-35 Fulcrum: News

    Post  AMCXXL on Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:13 am

    George1 wrote:Maybe it would be better to order 50-60 MiG-29SMT to replace some old MiGs then

    ABouth the SMT 9-19 , no there are no more

    The 16 purchased are also of the surplus of Algerian order
    Algeria projected to purchase 4 squadorns of 14 MiG-29SMT with some two seaters (in Algeria the squadrons have 14 airplanes)

    The two first squadrons were sent to Algeria (28 + 6UB´s) total 34
    The airframes of next two squadrons were also made for send after that.

    However , Algeria retruned the two squadorns of MiG-29SMT and prefered to buy 28 Su-30MKA
    Later purchased other 16 (14 for third squadron + 2 for test)
    And the last two years have been purchased  the fourth squadron of 14 Su-30MKA


    The 34 airframes , remaining of algerian MiG-29SMT , was parked in Lukhovisty for years.
    In this outdated satellite image of several years ago , are the 34 MiG-29SMT of the algerian order ,parked for years, and also other 4 different MiG-29, probably MiG-29K
    https://zoom.earth/#54.909987,39.049061,17z,sat

    Then, someone decided to buy one squadron, mainly to keep the jobs in the Lukhovitsy factory until starts work in the Egypt´s order
    Russia did not need buy any MiG-29´s for Astrakhan because has more than one hundred in reserve , available to send after repairs
    All the 50 Russian MiG-29SMT are of the same algerian rejected lot, the last squadron finished later, in 2014-15

    Then the remaining "algerian" SMT´s stored in Lukhovisty,  without buyer,  were scrapped. Lukhovisty today  only built the Egyptian order and after that MiG-35
    Today do not remain more stored MiG-29 in Lujovitsy , only there are new made MiG-29M/M2 for the Egypt order or the MiG-35 prototypes
    https://www.google.es/maps/@54.9101896,39.047169,890m/data=!3m1!1e3
    avatar
    GunshipDemocracy

    Posts : 3718
    Points : 3756
    Join date : 2015-05-17
    Age : 76
    Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

    Re: MiG-29/ΜiG-35 Fulcrum: News

    Post  GunshipDemocracy on Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:23 am

    AMCXXL wrote:
    MiG-35 main use will be carrier based figther in Rusia
    New Russian carriers will have a carrier wing of Sukhois (Su-35K or Su-57K??) and MiG-35K

    hmm you didnt read the news , did you? Deputy PM for military complex general Borisov said that for fleet where will be created VSTOL fighter on demand of Putin russia russia russia
    avatar
    GunshipDemocracy

    Posts : 3718
    Points : 3756
    Join date : 2015-05-17
    Age : 76
    Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

    Re: MiG-29/ΜiG-35 Fulcrum: News

    Post  GunshipDemocracy on Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:25 am

    George1 wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:
    LMFS and new STOVL are same thing and if they aren't they soon will be.

    Like F-35 which is the merge of 2 projects

    I hope Russian will not be such a failure tho respekt respekt respekt
    avatar
    AMCXXL

    Posts : 248
    Points : 250
    Join date : 2017-08-08

    Re: MiG-29/ΜiG-35 Fulcrum: News

    Post  AMCXXL on Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:30 pm

    GunshipDemocracy wrote:
    AMCXXL wrote:
    MiG-35 main use will be carrier based figther in Rusia
    New Russian carriers will have a carrier wing of Sukhois (Su-35K or Su-57K??) and MiG-35K

    hmm you didnt read the news , did you? Deputy PM for military complex general Borisov said that for fleet where will be created VSTOL fighter on demand of Putin russia russia russia  

    Short take-off and vertical landing = STOVL
    This type of airplanes are for baby carriers or LHD´s , not for carriers of +300 m length and +70.000 tones
    Or pherhaps Russia can get again LHD´s that does not need
    avatar
    GunshipDemocracy

    Posts : 3718
    Points : 3756
    Join date : 2015-05-17
    Age : 76
    Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

    Re: MiG-29/ΜiG-35 Fulcrum: News

    Post  GunshipDemocracy on Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:27 pm

    AMCXXL wrote:
    Short take-off and vertical landing = STOVL



    "Now work is under way to create conceptual models and prototypes. Of course, this is the future of all aircraft carriers. A new fleet of aircraft is needed, for this different technologies are used that allow shortened take-off and landing, or simply vertical take-off. Conceptually, the work has already been carried out in the Ministry of Defense since last year, "Borisov said.


    https://tvzvezda.ru/news/opk/content/201808211243-1c61.htm


    vertical and/or short take-off and landing (V/STOL)


    Technically STOVL or VSTOL are no different.




    This type of airplanes are for baby carriers or LHD´s , not for carriers of +300 m length and +70.000 tones
    Or pherhaps Russia can get again LHD´s that does not need

    hmm so you claim to know realities better then Russian MoD ? What's more they siad something like 40-50 ktons

    BTW Royal Navy for QE2 65ktons uses F-35B Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
    avatar
    LMFS

    Posts : 826
    Points : 820
    Join date : 2018-03-03

    Re: MiG-29/ΜiG-35 Fulcrum: News

    Post  LMFS on Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:29 am

    The light CV proposed at Army 2018 should have a bigger deck than the Kuznetsov, it is apparently 304 m long. Differently to UK, Russia has the planes to effectively use a sky-jump and can make a much better choice than the QE.

    Again, we don't know which way they will go and when it will be implemented, but by now the only carrier of Russia remains the K and you should count on it for the next 10-15 years minimum. For that kind of carrier STOBAR aircraft are also available. MiG-35K is an obvious option in the short term, unlike the STOVL which is min. 15-20 years away.
    avatar
    GunshipDemocracy

    Posts : 3718
    Points : 3756
    Join date : 2015-05-17
    Age : 76
    Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

    Re: MiG-29/ΜiG-35 Fulcrum: News

    Post  GunshipDemocracy on Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:56 am

    LMFS wrote:
    Again, we don't know which way they will go and when it will be implemented, but by now the only carrier of Russia remains the K and you should count on it for the next 10-15 years minimum. For that kind of carrier STOBAR aircraft are also available. MiG-35K is an obvious option in the short term, unlike the STOVL which is min. 15-20 years away.

    I'd say VSTOL is around the corner. Closer to 10. They already worked on this some time. in 2030s there will be new ship and fighters. STOL or VSTOL (I hope Smile butwill benew. There must be a reason why MiG-35 is not ordered large series now.
    avatar
    LMFS

    Posts : 826
    Points : 820
    Join date : 2018-03-03

    Re: MiG-29/ΜiG-35 Fulcrum: News

    Post  LMFS on Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:26 am

    GunshipDemocracy wrote:
    I'd say VSTOL is around the corner. Closer to 10. They already worked on this some time. in 2030s there will be new ship and fighters. STOL  or VSTOL (I hope Smile butwill benew. There must be a reason why MiG-35 is not ordered large series now.
    Hey, they should almost have a prototype ready for flight test already in order to get it commissioned before ten years!

    Apparently MoD started working on the basic requirements last year only...
    avatar
    GunshipDemocracy

    Posts : 3718
    Points : 3756
    Join date : 2015-05-17
    Age : 76
    Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

    Re: MiG-29/ΜiG-35 Fulcrum: News

    Post  GunshipDemocracy on Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:57 pm

    LMFS wrote:
    GunshipDemocracy wrote:
    I'd say VSTOL is around the corner. Closer to 10. They already worked on this some time. in 2030s there will be new ship and fighters. STOL  or VSTOL (I hope Smile butwill benew. There must be a reason why MiG-35 is not ordered large series now.
    Hey, they should almost have a prototype ready for flight test already in order to get it commissioned before ten years!

    Apparently MoD started working on the basic requirements last year only...

    No the dont, MiG-35 was so slow because there were problems with financing/building factory and so on.
    In this case all components and technologies are there. Tested either on PAK-FA / Su-35 or MiG-35. This speeds work for couple of years to me.
    avatar
    LMFS

    Posts : 826
    Points : 820
    Join date : 2018-03-03

    Re: MiG-29/ΜiG-35 Fulcrum: News

    Post  LMFS on Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:18 pm

    GunshipDemocracy wrote:
    No the dont, MiG-35 was so slow because there were problems with financing/building factory and so on.
    In this case all components and technologies are there. Tested either on PAK-FA / Su-35 or MiG-35. This speeds work for couple of years to me.
    The development of PAK-FA should make further steps easier, I had already considered that... but fact is we don't know the requirements, even in a basic form. If it is some kind of modernized Yak-141 it could be ready relatively soon (engine issue should be solved though), if it is an all-new air vehicle and propulsion concept then 10 years is way too little
    avatar
    Isos

    Posts : 2457
    Points : 2451
    Join date : 2015-11-06

    Re: MiG-29/ΜiG-35 Fulcrum: News

    Post  Isos on Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:24 pm

    LMFS wrote:
    GunshipDemocracy wrote:
    No the dont, MiG-35 was so slow because there were problems with financing/building factory and so on.
    In this case all components and technologies are there. Tested either on PAK-FA / Su-35 or MiG-35. This speeds work for couple of years to me.
    The development of PAK-FA should make further steps easier, I had already considered that... but fact is we don't know the requirements, even in a basic form. If it is some kind of modernized Yak-141 it could be ready relatively soon (engine issue should be solved though), if it is an all-new air vehicle and propulsion concept then 10 years is way too little

    Yak 141 design is outdated. They will design something all new with better caracteristics, if they really start this project.
    avatar
    GunshipDemocracy

    Posts : 3718
    Points : 3756
    Join date : 2015-05-17
    Age : 76
    Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

    Re: MiG-29/ΜiG-35 Fulcrum: News

    Post  GunshipDemocracy on Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:03 pm

    LMFS wrote: but fact is we don't know the requirements, even in a basic form.

    we dont, but we are not supposed to know. They do


    If it is some kind of modernized Yak-141 it could be ready relatively soon (engine issue should be solved though), if it is an all-new air vehicle and propulsion concept then 10 years is way too little

    Saturn AL-41 ro NK-32 already exist. This surely not Yak-141. Existed 141M and then Yak-43 . So perhaps t will be development of Yak-43 idea.



    Sponsored content

    Re: MiG-29/ΜiG-35 Fulcrum: News

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:59 pm