Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+54
Morpheus Eberhardt
KomissarBojanchev
zepia
2SPOOKY4U
onwiththewar
chinggis
Cowboy's daughter
George1
Hannibal Barca
HeNeArKrXeRn_
Walther von Oldenburg
Cyberspec
OminousSpudd
PapaDragon
kvs
calripson
ExBeobachter1987
BKP
franco
Firebird
Werewolf
Viktor
wilhelm
Boreas
par far
Da_Vinci
Karl Haushofer
TheArmenian
arpakola
higurashihougi
Mr.Comrade
AirCargo
cracker
mutantsushi
Akula971
Neutrality
Erk
mack8
magnumcromagnon
Regular
KoTeMoRe
sepheronx
whir
flamming_python
Godric
medo
gregoire
Cahaba
Flagship Victory
auslander
Ghoster
Monarchist
Khepesh
Rodinazombie
58 posters

The Situation in the Ukraine. #15

OminousSpudd
    OminousSpudd

The Situation in the Ukraine. #15 - Page 12 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #15

Post  OminousSpudd Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:25 am

Erk wrote:
    OminousSpudd wrote:http://russia-insider.com/en/bellingcat-report-doesnt-prove-anything-expert-criticizes-allegations-russian-mh17-manipulation

Good stuff. I've been flamed by a member/contributor/fanboy (I don't honestly know what he is, lets just say a pleb) of the Bellingcat fabrication on another site, seems personal insults are his forte, so these sort of articles give me a very base satisfaction.

I have to say, since Russia Insider noticed Bellingcat they have been shredding them alive. Again, very satisfying.

The Australian 60min program did a piece on MH17 2 weeks ago and used Bellingcat as the source!

Refer to one of my prior posted links. I think the RI article addresses that very program briefly.

EDIT: Here, http://russia-insider.com/en/whats-bellingcat-anyway/ri7522
    gregoire

The Situation in the Ukraine. #15 - Page 12 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #15

Post  gregoire Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:13 am

Bellingcat is a psy-ops for the gullible and uninformed hence the childish references (belling the cat) and the semi amateurish pictures of some kind of college boy on a ugly couch. To give them the idea that they too can outsmart the entire "russian propaganda" machine by just using a laptop. That's what they meant with "more money to counter the russian propaganda". They want to build up bellingcat to be some sort of a global troll army with 9 o'clock news exposure.
    Bellingcat is not meant for the smart but for the "others". I suspect this will take years but we'll see this guy in a suit next to generals, presidents and ceo's. It's a psy-op. Hopefully the internet will totally destroy this initiative.
    whir

Post  whir Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:10 am

wrote:Moskal shuts down water supply to Russian-occupied Luhansk
    June 5, 2015, 3:15 p.m. | by Allison Quinn

Luhansk Oblast Governor Hennadiy Moskal has completely cut off the water supply to Russian-occupied territories in retaliation for shelling by the Kremlin-separatist forces.

The order to shut off the water was signed on June 5, according to the website of the regional administration. Separatist leaders in Luhansk said on June 3 that the water supply had already stopped flowing.

Moskal explained the move as a necessary response to frequent shelling of Ukrainian-controlled territory, which he said had deprived residents in at least eight villages of electricity.

“The electricity line on occupied territory has been damaged (by shelling), but the militants will not allow technicians in to fix it. Emergency workers have repeatedly tried to get to the scene where the damage is – with no luck,” Moskal said in the online statement.

The damage has prevented the region’s main water supply system from functioning, he said. Continue reading.

TASS wrote:Ukraine cancels social benefits
    World June 01, 9:57 UTC+3

Kiev has eliminated transport, healthcare, utilities and financial benefits for former prisoners of Nazi concentration camps and recipients of some Soviet-era orders and titles

KIEV, June 1. /TASS/. Ukraine has stopped paying out welfare payments for pensioners, World War Two veterans, people with disabilities, liquidators of the Chernobyl disaster beginning with Monday, since the law of December 28, 2014, on stabilizing the financial condition of the state has come into force. It affects practically all social security beneficiaries, without defining the mechanisms for providing targeted assistance to low-income groups.

Kiev has eliminated transport, healthcare, utilities and financial benefits for former prisoners of Nazi concentration camps and recipients of some Soviet-era orders and titles. Compensations to families with children living in the areas contaminated by radiation from the Chernobyl accident will be no longer paid either.

Ukraine’s parliamentary opposition believes that the Prosecutor General’s Office should launch an investigation against Prime Minister Arseniy Yatsenyuk who actively promoted the law on the abolition of privileges. Continue reading.

Newsweek wrote:Observers Spot Russian Army Insignia in Eastern Ukraine as Tension Rises
    BY DAMIEN SHARKOV 6/5/15 AT 9:39 AM

International observers in eastern Ukraine have found what appears to be further evidence of Russian support for separatist fighters in the area, reporting that they spotted soldiers in Russian military garb in a car with Russian licence plates near a fenced-off camp area.

Russia continues to deny that it has sent troops to fight in eastern Ukraine, despite the Ukrainian government, Nato and media outlets reporting frequent evidence for the passage of Russian troops and equipment into Ukriane's war-stricken Donetsk and Luhansk regions. However a report from the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE) which monitors the ceasefire signed between the two sides last February has published its clearest evidence for Russian presence in Ukraine yet, as tension continues to rise in the region.

The OSCE, which has a special monitoring mission in eastern Ukraine, has published a detailed account of meeting a group of armed persons in Russian military uniform near the village of Petrivske in separatist-held territory in the Luhansk region. Continue reading.

BBC wrote:Ukraine's Poroshenko says rebels ousted from Maryinka
    9 hours ago

Ukraine's president says his forces have ousted pro-Russia rebels from the eastern town of Maryinka and captured 12 "saboteurs", including one Russian.

Petro Poroshenko's claim has not been independently confirmed.

Heavy fighting erupted on Wednesday in Maryinka and Krasnohorivka, west of rebel-held Donetsk.

The opposing sides have accused each other of shattering February's Minsk ceasefire, requiring them to withdraw heavy weapons from the frontline.

The Donetsk rebel leader spoke of huge losses in the Ukrainian army.

Alexander Zakharchenko, leader of the self-styled "Donetsk People's Republic", said the Maryinka fighting had left about 400 Ukrainian troops dead and up to 1,000 wounded.

"This was a counter-attack. If we had attacked, we would have captured Maryinka," he said on Friday.

Quoted by Russia's RIA Novosti news agency, he said 15 rebel fighters had been killed and 30 wounded.

Tanks and other heavy weapons were used in the clashes, despite the terms of the Minsk accord agreed in February demanding that both sides pull heavy weapons far back from the frontline. Continue reading.

5 канал wrote:Stripping Marinka from the remnants of Russian mercenaries

The 173rd Airborne Brigade wrote:Fearless Guardian Amped Up Obstacle Course

Анатолий Шарий wrote:Poroshenko - the best speaker of all time
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:35 am

My understanding was that rebels took Marinka. So they lost it? What is going on exactly?
    Rodinazombie

Post  Rodinazombie Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:04 am

sepheronx wrote:My understanding was that rebels took Marinka.  So they lost it?  What is going on exactly?

More likely they withrdrew back to their starting positions rather than were 'ousted' by the gallant cyborg warriors.

The big LOL for me in the quote from poroshenko is that thy captured 12 saboteurs, including ONE, yes ONE russian!!!!!!

I thought according to him the enemy were all russian invaders? Kinda difficult for the invaders to go back to 'their country' as he demands if only 1 in 12 are russian.
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:34 am

Here is more Public relations from Putin.. for the people that
    asked to understand Putin's politics and diplomacy.

http://rt.com/news/265399-putin-nato-europe-ukraine-italy/

Here what putin told recently about Americans Government.   Shocked

Nevertheless, Putin said he views America not as Russia’s rival, but rather as a partner and ally on many pressing world issues ,   such as global terrorism   Shocked   Shocked , Middle Eastern crises and Iran’s nuclear program.

“We are not just partners; I would say we are allies in addressing the issues related to non-proliferation of weapons of mass destruction. We are undoubtedly allies in the fight against terrorism. There are some other areas of collaboration as well. The central theme of Expo Milano…is yet another example of our joint work,” Putin said.

Such words are aimed at the fool americans who think Russia wants to nuke them..
    thanks to NATO propaganda.. and European vassals propaganda.

But people all this comments seems to happen in times where US pentagon is increasing
    its rhetoric and now is speaking about using nuclear weapons against Russia.. as an option..

The administration is considering three options for responding militarily to Russian missile treaty violations: defenses to stop a treaty-violating missile, the "counterforce" option to attack a missile preemptively and the "countervailing strike capabilities" option that implies the potential use of nuclear forces.

One of Carter's nuclear policy aides, Robert Scher, testified in April that "counterforce" means "we could go about and actually attack that missile where it is in Russia." Another Pentagon official, Brian McKeon, testified in December that this option involved potential deployment in Europe of ground-launched cruise missiles.

Scher said another option would involve "not simply attacking" the Russian missile but seeing "what things we can hold at risk within Russia itself." Hans Kristensen, a nuclear weapons expert at the Federation of American Scientists, said this could mean further improving the ability of U.S. nuclear or conventional forces to destroy Russian military targets in addition to missiles deemed to violate the INF treaty.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_UNITED_STATES_RUSSIA_NUCLEAR_TREATY?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

I dont remember in years or ever seeing Americans speaking so irresponsible against Russia.
    US Threatening to attack Russia territory as an option ?  Neutral  

In that first Report Putin say ,how US submarines permanently stationed in Norway can reach
    with nuclear missiles moscow in 17 minutes..  Shocked , Now people understand why Russia fly with bombers near US coast.. every week and or day..

This really piss me off ,the arrogance of US Government and its Pentagon is just beyond proportions , honestly i will like to see US to do the first strike in RUssia , and stop talking ,that is do the first strike.. so Russia can justify a massive retaliation that will send the entire nation to the stone age. I know many great people in US ,but the american government is Beyond control and a real danger for the world and all humanity.. Russia should locate all US submarines , and have prepared all their nuclear forces and if Americans dares to press the button and attack Russia ,they should retaliate with everything they have..  And destroy all US military capabilities in the world. its navy and airforce and make it impossible for them to ever become a world economy again or threaten any other nation again..  If you have anyone trying to kill your family ,and do not stop in their atemps ,you have full obligation to defend yourself and stop the terrorist by whatever means.

American society is truly disconnected from the world.. with what their government is doing.. While people there enjoy life , watching movies and having fun ,while their government is leading 3-4 wars in other nations. (Syria/IRAQ/Yemen/Ukraine).and at the same time with an economic blockade against Russia.. is just unbelievable how arrogant they have become..
    and if they attack Russia ,under any pretext ,i hope to see that nation destroyed ,if Americans have no plans to do anything to change their criminal government. And continue supporting the animals they have in Senate and Congress ,Clintons or Bush.. Democrats and Republicans..I don't think the rest of the world will want to continue tolerating more 9/11 WTC , more Malasyan planes and more proxy wars for another decade.. No

But seriously speaking.. i really think when it comes to motives..in my book.. is already justified
    to start a major war against USA.. a preventive tactical nuclear war.. aimed at US military bases and defense industries .because of the war Americans are leading in Ukraine and Syria ..ie arming ISIS and helping in the killing of ethnic Russians.. in Ukraine.. because of their Economic war against Russia and because of their nuclear submarines ,in Norway preparing for an attack.. their arrogance at black sea and their warnings of being ready to use nuclear weapons against Russia..

For me the European Union is largely responsible for feeding that two heads monster ,called
    US government.. without their support it will have been impossible for them to start the wars ,
    in the middle east.. impossible the fraud of Alqaeda and ISIS to exist.. and impossible for the war happening in Ukraine.. and to provoke a major conflict with Russia.

Last edited by Vann7 on Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:22 am; edited 4 times in total
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:46 am

sepheronx wrote:My understanding was that rebels took Marinka.  So they lost it?  What is going on exactly?
    I would assume that what happened was a repeat of last January, but with the positions reversed. While the ukrops attack back then exposed how VSN would react and where the reserves would come from and how quickly, it can now be seen the ukrops reaction to attack on them. That they had to withdraw forces from Volnovakha front shows ukrops are undermanned, and now they have to pay more attention to Marinka at expense of other sectors. However, I do think it was a genuine VSN attack to push ukrops back due to their constant shelling of Donetsk, but met stiffer resistance than expected due to speed of ukrops reserves moving up, and as it was not a major offensive, even if for a while it seemed so to us watching, the only sensible option was to halt the attack. I'm sure lessons have been learnt from this.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:52 am

Khepesh wrote:
    I would assume that what happened was a repeat of last January, but with the positions reversed. While the ukrops attack back then exposed how VSN would react and where the reserves would come from and how quickly, it can now be seen the ukrops reaction to attack on them. That they had to withdraw forces from Volnovakha front shows ukrops are undermanned, and now they have to pay more attention to Marinka at expense of other sectors. However, I do think it was a genuine VSN attack to push ukrops back due to their constant shelling of Donetsk, but met stiffer resistance than expected due to speed of ukrops reserves moving up, and as it was not a major offensive, even if for a while it seemed so to us watching, the only sensible option was to halt the attack. I'm sure lessons have been learnt from this.

Lessons like how to crush the Ukrop scum later. I hope it really happens. Cause their constant shellings of donetsk and killing of civilians is going way too far.
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:58 am

New video. "Letter to the front:- Soldier, you are sure to win!!!"
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:05 pm

According to locals, UAF air defense crews are firing Shilkas at International Space Station thinking that it is NAF drone... lol1

http://fortruss.blogspot.com/2015/06/uaf-opens-fire-on-international-space.html
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:09 pm

How would they even see the ISS?
    whir

Post  whir Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:20 pm

PapaDragon wrote:According to locals, UAF air defense crews are firing Shilkas at International Space Station thinking that it is NAF drone... lol1
    It's true that it can be seen with your naked eyes if you know where to look among the stars but it's also true that if you use some kind of magnification device you can see that it's not a plane as it's too squarish and it's too far away.
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:20 pm

Suspect How do locals know better than UA? Biggest BS i've heard. I know UA is incompetent, but shilkas optical debices are not so bad.
    whir

Post  whir Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:25 pm

Werewolf wrote:How would they even see the ISS?
    Because it can be seen with your naked eyes as a bright star that follows a straight path in the sky.

RichardB1983 wrote:International Space Station, ISS, as seen from Earth

whir

Post  whir Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:34 pm

Regular wrote:Suspect How do locals know better than UA? Biggest BS i've heard. I know UA is incompetent, but shilkas optical debices are not so bad.
    Not necessarily, there are dozens of online ISS trackers like N2YO with live updates so it's not that difficult to know if that thing moving in the sky is the ISS and also there's the amateur astrophotography and astronomy communities that is quite big and active in the former SU.
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:40 pm

Didn't know ISS was so visible. Thanks for the explanation. It really was very inexperienced crew than. Movement of celestial bodies and satellites should be in the basics.

I have app on my phone that shows all planes/sattelites possitions on the sky where i point the camera. Augmented reality stuff. It's pretty accurate too. (google Radar spotter/Satelite AR) Would be very useful to have mil version of it if.

Last edited by Regular on Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
    whir

Post  whir Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:46 pm

I think this story is related to the following video, or any other of several similar ones posted last week, of night AA fire with no apparent results.

World Conflict Films wrote:2К22 Tunguska Tries Shooting Down A Drone At Night
    Flagship Victory
    Flagship Victory

Post  Flagship Victory Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:23 pm

Japan gives 1.5 billion dollars to fund Maidan's ethnic cleaning in Donbas.

http://www.kyivpost.com/content/ukraine/poroshenko-japan-will-give-ukraine-15-bln-loan-guarantees-for-countrys-financial-stability-390421.html

Head of OSCE to Ukraine Heidi Tagliavini resigned so Maidan can slaughter Donbas people without restraint.

http://www.kyivpost.com/content/ukraine/self-proclaimed-luhansk-republic-hopes-trilateral-contact-group-work-wont-stop-with-tagliavinis-resignation-390431.html
    Flagship Victory
    Flagship Victory

Post  Flagship Victory Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:27 pm

I think Maidanists retook it and drove NAF out. There are US troops training Maidanists so Maidanists are way better now than they were. Remember how Nusra was able to take Idlib after receiving training from US troops? The longer this Minsk goes on, the better it is for Maidan and the worse it is for NAF because the US trains Maidan but Russia does not care about Novorossiya.
    Flagship Victory
    Flagship Victory

Post  Flagship Victory Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:34 pm

Vann7 wrote:Here is more Public relations from Putin.. for the people that
    asked to understand Putin's politics and diplomacy.

http://rt.com/news/265399-putin-nato-europe-ukraine-italy/

Here what putin told recently about Americans Government.   Shocked

Nevertheless, Putin said he views America not as Russia’s rival, but rather as a partner and ally on many pressing world issues ,   such as global terrorism   Shocked   Shocked , Middle Eastern crises and Iran’s nuclear program.

“We are not just partners; I would say we are allies in addressing the issues related to non-proliferation of weapons of mass destruction. We are undoubtedly allies in the fight against terrorism. There are some other areas of collaboration as well. The central theme of Expo Milano…is yet another example of our joint work,” Putin said.

Such words are aimed at the fool americans who think Russia wants to nuke them..
    thanks to NATO propaganda.. and European vassals propaganda.

But people all this comments seems to happen in times where US pentagon is increasing
    its rhetoric and now is speaking about using nuclear weapons against Russia.. as an option..

The administration is considering three options for responding militarily to Russian missile treaty violations: defenses to stop a treaty-violating missile, the "counterforce" option to attack a missile preemptively and the "countervailing strike capabilities" option that implies the potential use of nuclear forces.

One of Carter's nuclear policy aides, Robert Scher, testified in April that "counterforce" means "we could go about and actually attack that missile where it is in Russia." Another Pentagon official, Brian McKeon, testified in December that this option involved potential deployment in Europe of ground-launched cruise missiles.

Scher said another option would involve "not simply attacking" the Russian missile but seeing "what things we can hold at risk within Russia itself." Hans Kristensen, a nuclear weapons expert at the Federation of American Scientists, said this could mean further improving the ability of U.S. nuclear or conventional forces to destroy Russian military targets in addition to missiles deemed to violate the INF treaty.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_UNITED_STATES_RUSSIA_NUCLEAR_TREATY?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

I dont remember in years or ever seeing Americans speaking so irresponsible against Russia.
    US Threatening to attack Russia territory as an option ?  Neutral  

In that first Report Putin say ,how US submarines permanently stationed in Norway can reach
    with nuclear missiles moscow in 17 minutes..  Shocked , Now people understand why Russia fly with bombers near US coast.. every week and or day..

This really piss me off ,the arrogance of US Government and its Pentagon is just beyond proportions , honestly i will like to see US to do the first strike in RUssia , and stop talking ,that is do the first strike.. so Russia can justify a massive retaliation that will send the entire nation to the stone age. I know many great people in US ,but the american government is Beyond control and a real danger for the world and all humanity.. Russia should locate all US submarines , and have prepared all their nuclear forces and if Americans dares to press the button and attack Russia ,they should retaliate with everything they have..  And destroy all US military capabilities in the world. its navy and airforce and make it impossible for them to ever become a world economy again or threaten any other nation again..  If you have anyone trying to kill your family ,and do not stop in their atemps ,you have full obligation to defend yourself and stop the terrorist by whatever means.

American society is truly disconnected from the world.. with what their government is doing.. While people there enjoy life , watching movies and having fun ,while their government is leading 3-4 wars in other nations. (Syria/IRAQ/Yemen/Ukraine).and at the same time with an economic blockade against Russia.. is just unbelievable how arrogant they have become..
    and if they attack Russia ,under any pretext ,i hope to see that nation destroyed ,if Americans have no plans to do anything to change their criminal government. And continue supporting the animals they have in Senate and Congress ,Clintons or Bush.. Democrats and Republicans..I don't think the rest of the world will want to continue tolerating more 9/11 WTC , more Malasyan planes and more proxy wars for another decade.. No

But seriously speaking.. i really think when it comes to motives..in my book.. is already justified
    to start a major war against USA.. a preventive tactical nuclear war.. aimed at US military bases and defense industries .because of the war Americans are leading in Ukraine and Syria ..ie arming ISIS and helping in the killing of ethnic Russians.. in Ukraine.. because of their Economic war against Russia and because of their nuclear submarines ,in Norway preparing for an attack.. their arrogance at black sea and their warnings of being ready to use nuclear weapons against Russia..

For me the European Union is largely responsible for feeding that two heads monster ,called
    US government.. without their support it will have been impossible for them to start the wars ,
    in the middle east.. impossible the fraud of Alqaeda and ISIS to exist.. and impossible for the war happening in Ukraine.. and to provoke a major conflict with Russia.

And this is why Russia will lose big. Putin simply cannot grasp reality. Who orchestrated Maidan? Surely Putin knows the US orchestrated it to kill Russia. If Putin continues down this path, then Novorossiya would be destroyed and very likely Crimea be handed back to Ukraine. Speaking from the point of view of a westerner, I can assure you, the west is brutal, cunning, ruthless, merciless. The west regards Russia as the target that needs to be destroyed.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:41 pm

Flagship Victory wrote:

I think Maidanists retook it and drove NAF out. There are US troops training Maidanists so Maidanists are way better now than they were. Remember how Nusra was able to take Idlib after receiving training from US troops? The longer this Minsk goes on, the better it is for Maidan and the worse it is for NAF because the US trains Maidan but Russia does not care about Novorossiya.

I am too tired to type another long post. Please read this one I made earlier:

https://www.russiadefence.net/t4153p240-the-situation-in-the-ukraine-15#101111
    Flagship Victory
    Flagship Victory

Post  Flagship Victory Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:45 pm

Maidan reports 1 Maidan soldier KIA and 10 more WIA yesterday.

http://uatoday.tv/news/one-ukraininan-soldier-killed-over-past-24-hours-in-east-ukraine-433956.html
    whir

Post  whir Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:08 pm

TheMedvedova wrote:Militias DNR firing at ATO - Ukraine

Marinka DNR militias are fighting - Ukraine
    franco
    franco

Post  franco Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:38 pm

It was a raid by about 800 NAF troops. By the sounds of it, a mechanized battalion supported by 2 tank companies and a SP howitzer battalion. Destroyed or captured UAF artillery units bombing southern Donesk, damaged the local unit protecting Marinka and then ambushed the relief armored force with artillery. The UAF has been trying this tactic with their probing attacks to test NAF defenses. Perhaps a demonstration to the UAF that the NAF could do it better.
    whir

Post  whir Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:27 pm

Russia Tomorrow wrote:Right Sector dispersed a gay pride parade in Kiev

BBC wrote:Ukraine police hurt at Kiev gay pride rally
    4 hours ago

Five policemen have been injured in scuffles during a gay pride march in Ukraine's capital Kiev, officials say.

A BBC reporter says unidentified people attacked the rally alongside the Dnipro river with smoke bombs and stones.

Several people were arrested, Kiev's police say. At least one of the attackers was injured, reports say.

Ahead of the LGBT march, a number of Ukrainian politicians, including the radical Right Sector movement, had pledged to disrupt the event.

Kiev Mayor Vitaly Klitschko had called on the organisers of the Equality March to cancel the event to "avoid confrontation" in the capital. Continue reading.

Patrick Lancaster wrote:Ukraine forces cut fingers off of a POW that is in the Donetsk Army & a local from Donbass

Yahoo wrote:Analysis: Putin key to Ukraine success with IMF loan
    Associated Press By STEVEN R. HURST 9 hours ago

WASHINGTON (AP) — So far, the International Monetary Fund is giving Ukraine a passing grade on early efforts at political and economic reforms as it spends a first installment from a four-year, $17.5 billion loan program. But in the end, Russian President Vladimir Putin holds the trump cards in Ukraine's drive to extract itself from Moscow's orbit.

Until Wednesday, there had been a lull in the war between Ukrainian forces and Moscow-backed Russian separatists in the key industrial and coal-mining region in eastern Ukraine. The heavy fighting on Wednesday diminished at the end of the week, and it appeared that Putin was not ready yet to play his trump. So far, more than 6,400 people have died in the on-again-off-again battles that have severely damaged the Ukraine economy and disrupted critical trade with Moscow.

Andrew Weiss of the Carnegie Endowment says the IMF is in a race against time.

"The fragility of the Ukrainian state is such that if Moscow significantly ratchets up the pressure it may be very hard for the (Ukrainian President Petro) Poroshenko to deliver on ambitions for significant economic reform and changes in the political system," Weiss said. "If you take that pressure alongside of the bad habits and business-as-usual conduct of the Ukrainian elite who have led the country for most of the past 25 years, the prospects for the reformist movement in Ukraine look quite challenging." Continue reading.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 4:15 pm