Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+56
KomissarBojanchev
Hisroyalhighness
Big_Gazza
Osobist
Akula971
Teshub
Karl Haushofer
Walther von Oldenburg
magnumcromagnon
type055
Inetwarrior
Cyberspec
Bolt
Cowboy's daughter
flamming_python
whir
collegeboy16
Viktor
Monarchist
Morpheus Eberhardt
alexZam
medo
par far
Vann7
GarryB
Cahaba
Rodinazombie
TheArmenian
sepheronx
ExBeobachter1987
gregoire
Mr.Comrade
macedonian
max steel
KoTeMoRe
Regular
etaepsilonk
higurashihougi
Khepesh
auslander
Erk
Werewolf
Admin
franco
cheesfactory
Airbornewolf
Godric
BKP
Ghoster
PapaDragon
Flagship Victory
mack8
George1
Neutrality
kvs
AlfaT8
60 posters

The Situation in the Ukraine. #13

higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

The Situation in the Ukraine. #13 - Page 6 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #13

Post  higurashihougi Tue May 05, 2015 11:10 am

Zeman again Cool Cool

http://www.wsj.com/articles/islamist-terrorism-is-a-greater-threat-to-europe-than-russia-says-czech-president-1430736111

Russian President Vladimir Putin could be a key ally in the fight against Islamist extremists, the Czech Republic’s outspoken President Milos Zeman said, even as his stance on Moscow appeared at odds with his countrymen.

Though his post is largely ceremonial, Mr. Zeman has courted controversy with some of his views, clashing with the U.S. ambassador and canceling plans to attend a Moscow military parade under pressure from fellow Czech politicians.

“Politicians differ in their views whether Russia or Islamic State is a bigger menace and I personally think that Islamic State is the bigger threat,” Mr. Zeman said in an interview with The Wall Street Journal held on Sunday. “Russia can become a strategic partner in a fight against international terrorism.”

Mr. Zeman’s comments come amid the worst tensions between the West and Russia since the Cold War. He has spoken out against sanctions on Russia over its support for separatists in eastern Ukraine, a stance that differs with tough positions held by fellow European Union and North Atlantic Treaty Organization members Poland, Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

The Situation in the Ukraine. #13 - Page 6 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #13

Post  KoTeMoRe Tue May 05, 2015 11:20 am

Actually the first "ATO", which was a mix of mostly "regulars" (UA MVD, MOD, SBU) was simply powerless. They went very slow, they had very few forces and Kiev still had not redeployed the troops it hat sent to "blockade" Crimea. A good portion of the available man power just went to Russia. We all remember the pictures of UA tankers burning those old 64's trying to jumpstart them with not a single idea on how it was done.

We also remember that the first real tragedies (bar Odessa and Mariupol) were done by the regulars. Luhansk "air-conditioning" incident, the people killed in Donetsk by the totally unappropriate use of helicopters. The shelling that followed, we have all seen those images. Those weren't NatsGuards, those were regulars that were nowhere near the proficiency required, Rapid Trident courses be damned.

The climax of this first wave came after Porkoshenkos "ATO over in hours" and was the Luhansk AC "incident" and the fall of Krammatorsk hills. Which clearly set the pace for what was to come, incessant shelling to force the population to quit its "cause".

This failed and backfired as while both Slavyansk and Krammatorsk fell, the people defending them were able to sneak to Donetsk.

Also let's not forget the first Tanks used from end of may after second mobilization, which was an astounding success, that needed a third wave two months later. This was upon the Regular Armed forces. The NG/RS units are only distractions, that were evident once SHTF in Illovaisk.

SO while the ideological idiots are a clear and present danger, the main culprit for this is the utterly neglected, incompetent UA army.
    whir

Post  whir Tue May 05, 2015 11:53 am

KoTeMoRe wrote:So while the ideological idiots are a clear and present danger, the main culprit for this is the utterly neglected, incompetent UA army.
    The first real tragedy was Dnipro thugs shooting people for wanting to cast a vote and even prior to that the night assaults against civilian maned checkpoints.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Tue May 05, 2015 12:05 pm

whir wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:So while the ideological idiots are a clear and present danger, the main culprit for this is the utterly neglected, incompetent UA army.
    The first real tragedy was Dnipro thugs shooting people for wanting to cast a vote and even prior to that the night assaults against civilian maned checkpoints.

Which is to be expected from thugs, but having a SU25 strafe a city hall out of the blue and then claim it was an AC malfunction etc...that's the kind of things that turn even the more lukewarm guys into zealots to the cause. Just remember the dignity of that woman, that knew she was going to pass away and still not a vile word, just a dignified figure. I'm sorry, but personally that was like I had seen my mother, being killed. And that was the State of Ukraine killing its own. "Jihad" has been declared for far less.

That's the kind of **** that turns people in the Balkans nuts and I guess from what I saw till now, it has the same kind of effect to the Russian population.
    Rodinazombie

Post  Rodinazombie Tue May 05, 2015 12:55 pm

KoTeMoRe wrote:
    whir wrote:

Which is to be expected from thugs, but having a SU25 strafe a city hall out of the blue and then claim it was an AC malfunction etc...that's the kind of things that turn even the more lukewarm guys into zealots to the cause. Just remember the dignity of that woman, that knew she was going to pass away and still not a vile word, just a dignified figure. I'm sorry, but personally that was like I had seen my mother, being killed. And that was the State of Ukraine killing its own. "Jihad" has been declared for far less.

That's the kind of **** that turns people in the Balkans nuts and I guess from what I saw till now, it has the same kind of effect to the Russian population.

These incidents that people on the ua/west side love to brush under the carpet and ignore the effect it had on the eastern population. Im neither russian nor ukrainian but i will never forget seeing that womans final moments. It was absolutely heartbreaking to watch, its imprinted on me forever and i can only imagine how it affected those living under that, knowing that it could be your wife or mother that 'your government' decides to do that to next.

Whilst i despise the ua regime, i believe i could have come to terms with their shelling of cities and events like the lugansk air strafing incident if they had actually come out and admitted that they cocked up. Explained their reasoning behind such moves etc etc. But to kill your own citizens and then lie about it, making up the most atrocious tales and often blaming those innocent civilians themselves and label them terrorists, well thats just unforgivable. Its why they have no legitimacy in millions of people eyes.

The breakaway regions will reunite with ukraine oneday but thats years away. The process can only start when the nationalist idiots are removed and this regime falls.

Ps. Nice to see some familiar faces here!
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Post  higurashihougi Tue May 05, 2015 1:32 pm

Cowboy's daughter wrote:3. Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko has signed into law a ban on all Russian films and television serials in the country.
    On February 12, the Verkhovna Rada stripped Russian news outlets of government agency accreditation. All Russian TV channels except, for Dozhd, had accreditation canceled.

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/europe/20150402/1020355171.html#ixzz3ZDF0Scw4

5.Ukraine to rewrite Soviet history with controversial 'decommunisation' laws
    President set to sign measures that ban Communist symbols and offer public recognition and payouts for fighters in militias implicated in atrocities

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/apr/20/ukraine-decommunisation-law-soviet

So that is the Ukraina which was called "partly free" by the West ?

How nice.
    gregoire

Post  gregoire Tue May 05, 2015 3:26 pm

Rodinazombie wrote:

These incidents that people on the ua/west side love to brush under the carpet and ignore the effect it had on the eastern population.  Im neither russian nor ukrainian but i will never forget seeing that womans final moments. It was absolutely heartbreaking to watch, its imprinted on me forever and i can only imagine how it affected those living under that, knowing that it could be your wife or mother that 'your government' decides to do that to next.

Whilst i despise the ua regime, i believe i could have come to terms with their shelling of cities and events like the lugansk air strafing incident if they had actually come out and admitted that they cocked up. Explained their reasoning behind such moves etc etc. But to kill your own citizens and then lie about it, making up the most atrocious tales and often blaming those innocent civilians themselves and label them terrorists, well thats just unforgivable. Its why they have no legitimacy in millions of people eyes.

The breakaway regions will reunite with ukraine oneday but thats years away. The process can only start when the nationalist idiots are removed and this regime falls.

Ps. Nice to see some familiar faces here!

"These incidents that people on the ua/west side love to brush under the carpet and ignore the effect it had on the eastern population." I think you are only partly right. The masterminds, and by now we all know who they are, do know what the effect is and are purposely going after it with their lies and propaganda. They want, I repeat, the WANT Russians to react. At the moment they are completely baffled by the fact there was no reaction only a slow burning rage of the not-intended-audience. Also another thing that completely worked against them where at first it was a bonus is the complete and utter incompetence of the ukrainian security system, army, managers and so on. They knew they were dunces but never expected this would fly back to them and shit their shiny car.
    The part were you are right is that the common people, well, they don't care, can't be bothered and right now do anything to survive.
    whir

Post  whir Tue May 05, 2015 4:03 pm

RedPill Times wrote:US Army gone wild? 173rd Infantry Brigade parties in Lviv…binge drinking, hookers and public urination
    According to the Ukrainian news sources, on their first day off, the 173rd Infantry Brigade conquered the posh Lvov night club by drinking too much, vomiting and urinating everywhere.
    By Alexrpt @redpilltimes May 02
    American military swine turned Lvov night club into pigsty and irked locals

According to the Ukrainian news sources, on their first day off, the 173rd Infantry Brigade conquered the posh Lvov night club by drinking too much, vomiting and urinating everywhere.

“One of them grabbed me by my hair and tried to force me to have sex with him,” complaint one female customer. Local prostitutes were shocked by the brutality and savage behavior of the U.S. soldiers and refused to have sex with them for any money.

Americans also took taxicabs and refused to pay, in some instances attacking the cab drivers. “British and Americans don’t consider us to be people,” a taxi driver told to a journalist.

The Committee of Soldiers’ Mothers of Ukraine, a US State Department sponsored organization, sent the letter to Poroshenko demanding to send the U.S. soldiers back home. “On April 14, four American soldiers brutally raped two underage girls in Kiev. One was 13, the other was even younger. Is this why they came to our country? These people violate the law and not being punish for this. What these “instructors” can teach our children? They treat us as the second class people. We can predict now how they will treat our sons. Our sons, being under the military oath, will be subjected to brutal treatment from these inhumans (not-people, neludey).”

vz.ru via Google Translate wrote:Могилу Бандеры в Мюнхене разрисовали польскими символами
    Tomb of Bandera in Munich painted Polish characters
    The Situation in the Ukraine. #13 - Page 6 73i6mt
    May 4, 2015, 15:29

In Munich, the cemetery was Valdfridhof, painted cross on the grave of the leader of the Ukrainian nationalists Stepan Bandera, said Ukrainian activist Oles Gorodetsky.

"Not being able to win the Ukrainian people, the enemy cowardly attempts to desecrate the grave of Hero of Ukraine, the human symbol of the struggle for independence," - wrote in Gorodetsky Facebook .

On the cross on the grave it was painted anchor - a Kotvitsy - Polish noble coat of arms. Below is a swear word in Polish, said "Moskovsky Komsomolets". Continue reading.

Fort Russ wrote:Ukrainian citizens from all over the country descended on Donbass to fight the Kiev junta
    [size]May 4, 2015[/size]
    @Mikle1 Translated by Kristina Rus

Donetsk at night

For the city, the center of which is in the kill zone of any weapons except for light infantry, Donetsk lives surprisingly peacefully. Yes, without pressing need nobody goes out on the streets. But it is very beautiful and on weekends and holidays many parks are filled with many beautiful people.

At night the city empties out - if I'm not mistaken, a curfew starts at 11 pm. I often do not have enough time - meetings with the leaders of the republics sometimes go until late at night. People are really working to their limit. But I never met any bureaucrats - they all fled. Remained the enthusiasts, volunteers, those who are not afraid. Continue reading.

Tass wrote:Kiev excludes Crimean port cities from list of Ukraine’s international ports
    World May 05, 13:02 UTC+3

The Ukrainian government has thus made "amendments to the Cabinet of Ministers' resolution of June 26, 2013 on approving the list of Ukraine’s sea ports open for foreign vessels"

KIEV, May 5. /TASS/. The Ukrainian government has excluded Crimean port cities from the list of Ukraine’s international ports, the government’s website said on Tuesday.

The Ukrainian government has thus made "amendments to the Cabinet of Ministers' resolution of June 26, 2013 on approving the list of Ukraine’s sea ports open for foreign vessels."

The document excludes the port cities of Sevastopol, Yevpatoria, Yalta, Feodosiya and Kerch from the list of Ukraine’s international ports. Continue reading.

Tass wrote:Next humanitarian convoy to Donbas "under special control" — Russian Emergencies Ministry
    World May 05, 11:29 UTC+3

"We are planning to dispatch another humanitarian convoy on May 14," Vladimir Puchkov said

MOSCOW, May 5. /TASS/. Russian Emergencies Minister Vladimir Puchkov has ordered to bring the preparation of the next humanitarian aid convoy to the Donbas region under special control. The convoy is due to be dispatched on May 14, he said during a conference call on Tuesday. Continue reading.

Kat Argo wrote:Donbas Dispatch #9: Rafael Lusvarghi wounded

Павел Лист wrote:В Луганск вошла техника Ополчения War in Ukraine
    Airbornewolf
    Airbornewolf

Post  Airbornewolf Tue May 05, 2015 5:36 pm

whir wrote:
    RedPill Times wrote:US Army gone wild? 173rd Infantry Brigade parties in Lviv…binge drinking, hookers and public urination

“One of them grabbed me by my hair and tried to force me to have sex with him,” complaint one female customer. Local prostitutes were shocked by the brutality and savage behavior of the U.S. soldiers and refused to have sex with them for any money.

Americans also took taxicabs and refused to pay, in some instances attacking the cab drivers. “British and Americans don’t consider us to be people,” a taxi driver told to a journalist.

The Committee of Soldiers’ Mothers of Ukraine, a US State Department sponsored organization, sent the letter to Poroshenko demanding to send the U.S. soldiers back home. “On April 14, four American soldiers brutally raped two underage girls in Kiev. One was 13, the other was even younger. Is this why they came to our country? These people violate the law and not being punish for this. What these “instructors” can teach our children? They treat us as the second class people. We can predict now how they will treat our sons. Our sons, being under the military oath, will be subjected to brutal treatment from these inhumans (not-people, neludey).”

funny, just the other day in another thread i replied to Auslander about the exact same behavior as to why U.S troops are so disliked by local populations trough Europe. because they behave like some occupying force and disrespect the local population, history and culture by behaving like thugs. in some places around the training grounds in Westenholz, Germany there are bars and clubs that actively ban Americans and British troops for incidents in the past. if i went out with my squad we just had to talk with the doorman and let them see we where dutch troops and we could go into those bars and clubs without an problem. Ukraine is just the next country experiencing the social standards of the U.S military troops.
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Tue May 05, 2015 6:03 pm

http://dan-news.info/politics/bolee-500-chelovek-posetili-otkrytie-otrestavrirovannoj-bratskoj-mogily-voinov-vov-v-makeevke.html

4th of May, 2015. Donetsk People's Republic, Novorossiya. Over 500 people have participated in an opening ceremony of the restored common grave of the fallen soldiers of the Great Patriotic War in Makeyevka. The ceremory was attended by the DPR deputies, authorities of Makeyevka, veterans, miners, representatives of the DPR militia, children of the Makeyevka school №68, employees of the “Makeevugol” coal enterprise and “Proletarskaya” central processing plant. The grave had been restored with the assistance of the city authorities and deputies of the DPR Council of Ministers. “Thanks to the Great Victory, we have a chance to live and gather here today. In recent years, we’ve seen people trying to replace our values, to make the Nazis heroes, to desecrate the memory of our ancestors. Our main duty is to convey the truth that our veterans tell our generations. For us, that War will always be called the Great. And no one will be able to change its name,” – Chairman of the DPR People’s Council Denis Pushilin said. All the people held a minute of silence in honor of the Soviet heroes liberated Makeyevka in 1943. Children of Makeyevka released white doves into the sky as a symbol of freedom and victory. At the end of the ceremony, “Miner’s dawn” orchestra of the “Makeevugol” enterprise performed wartime songs. wrote:

TheArmenian
    TheArmenian

Post  TheArmenian Tue May 05, 2015 7:47 pm

Airbornewolf wrote:
    whir wrote:

funny, just the other day in another thread i replied to Auslander about the exact same behavior as to why U.S troops are so disliked by local populations trough Europe. because they behave like some occupying force and disrespect the local population, history and culture by behaving like thugs. in some places around the training grounds in Westenholz, Germany there are bars and clubs that actively ban Americans and British troops for incidents in the past. if i went out with my squad we just had to talk with the doorman and let them see we where dutch troops and we could go into those bars and clubs without an problem. Ukraine is just the next country experiencing the social standards of the U.S military troops.

Werewolf,

That is decade old news. Back during the second world war the British had the following comment about the US troops stationed on British soil: "Overpaid, overfed and over here".

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Tue May 05, 2015 8:04 pm

Consequences of being fed the BS about exceptionalism from birth.

Humans are not good at handling propaganda that feeds their egos. They want to hear that their tribe is the best
    and that they are the best. This leads to excesses. I would say that it is America that needs to join modern
    civilization by grounding itself in reality and not the rest of the world that has to aspire to America's exceptionalism.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Tue May 05, 2015 8:07 pm

TheArmenian wrote:
    Airbornewolf wrote:
    whir wrote:

Werewolf,

That is decade old news. Back during the second world war the British had the following comment about the US troops stationed on British soil: "Overpaid, overfed and over here".

You bark at the wrong wolf my friend.

And i aggree with Airbornewolf, this is the exact same thing with US and Brits in germany, they behave like subhumans, like barbars that kind of find it glorious to humilate, to use voilance, rape and vandalism against countries they are in, while the countries (Vassals) are protecting them, they are untouchable by german law. They do not report this in MSM, because that would be bad for the NATO reputation. There are over 200 murders and hundreds of cases of vandalism, rape and other crimes connected to US/UK soldiers, behave like savages.
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Tue May 05, 2015 9:15 pm

Werewolf wrote: You bark at the wrong wolf my friend.
    And i aggree with Airbornewolf, this is the exact same thing with US and Brits in germany, they behave like subhumans, like barbars that kind of find it glorious to humilate, to use voilance, rape and vandalism against countries they are in, while the countries (Vassals) are protecting them, they are untouchable by german law. They do not report this in MSM, because that would be bad for the NATO reputation. There are over 200 murders and hundreds of cases of vandalism, rape and other crimes connected to US/UK soldiers, behave like savages.

We had only two interactions with US personnel in this berg in over a decade, both interactions with sailors from US Navy ships on port call.

The first one was short and not unpleasant, two young officers overheard us speaking English near the central market one evening in a January. It was snowing pretty good, unusual for this village, and they simply wanted to know where they could buy the traditional Russian winter fir cover. We took them in to the market to an honest kiosk and got them set up. Pleasantries were exchanged, hats were tipped and we parted company.

The second one was about 3 years ago, may have been 4, in high summer. We were in City Center Park, walking our blue Sophia. An American FFG was on port call and there were a few groups of both officers and EM wandering around. My wife is quite pretty and quite small, 1.48 and 45 kilos soaking wet with a brick in each pocket, and looks about two decades younger than she is. As we walked past a group of 4 young sailors lounging and eating on a park bench two of them made some unusual remarks about my bride, our dog and me, the remarks being rather explicit in content and with some rather salty language. The looks on their faces was priceless when these two local baboons (their words, not mine) turned on them and in perfect English lit in to them like Godzilla with a s//t storm. I started by introducing myself using my equivalent US Army rank, E9, and proceeded to dress them down like they had never been dressed down before. When I was finished with them I turned them over to Ye'lean'chka and Sophia. My bride made me look like a saint. By the time she was finished the boys were almost on their knees begging forgiveness. At the very end two young officers came over to us at a goodly clip and asked if there was a problem. I told them no, there was no problem, we were simply talking. We ended up talking to the six of them for a short time and ended up telling them where to go and where not to go and what eateries had the best foods and where to get good souvenirs at fair prices for their visit. And I'll give the four young boys their due. When the officers wandered off all four of them apologized profusely to my lass, the apologies she accepted with a bit of a stern warning not to let their behavior happen again. She is one tough cookie.

When you have troops getting out of hand that shows a breakdown of your NCO and senior NCO cadre. It is that cadre that enforces discipline and proper decorum in public and private. It is that cadre that handles the vast majority of the problems with the troops and keeps most of the problems away from the officers so the officers can continue with their ruminations of the Grand Strategy. When the NCO cadre begins to break down it shows a much larger and systemic problem in the military organization of which they are a part. I have been aware of this problem in US armed forces for some years.

Last edited by auslander on Tue May 05, 2015 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)
    whir

Post  whir Tue May 05, 2015 9:42 pm

Sputnik wrote:Mass Exodus: Young People Fleeing From Ukraine to Evade Draft
    EUROPE 14:34 05.05.2015(updated 18:14 05.05.2015)
    In Kiev alone, 95% of working-age men are evading military service, using a variety of methods from bribery to fleeing to other countries.
    Evasion of conscription in Ukraine has skyrocketed, the German newspaper Handelsblatt reported.

Ukraine to Draft About 21,000 Recruits in Spring – Defense Ministry

Companies are struggling to find a false excuse for their employees in order to help them avoid military service. The illegal business is thriving, with doctors trading medical certificates and travel agencies organizing “special trips” for those seeking to leave the country.

Residents of Western Ukraine usually flee to Europe, while men from eastern provinces go to Russia, the article said. Continue reading.

0629 via Google Translate wrote:Празднование 9 мая в Мариуполе пройдет без детей и ограничится возложением цветов
    Celebration of May 9 in Mariupol will be without children and confined laying flowers
    16:32 05/05/2015

8 May, the Day of Remembrance for Victims of Nazism in Mariupol near the memorial sign to the victims of Holodomor and political repressions held a rally. During the event there will light candles to commemorate the victims. Thus Mariupol join all-Ukrainian action.

This was announced by Mayor Yuri Hotlubey.

Victory Day in Mariupol will lay flowers at the monument to the Liberator Soldier.

"We are preparing this action to enable veterans near the monument to honor the memory" - said Hotlubey and added that the event will not be massive and only for veterans, participants of the war. Continue reading.

Ria Novosti via Google Translate wrote:В ЕП одобрили проект резолюции об ужесточении санкций против России
    The European Parliament approved the draft resolution to tighten sanctions against Russia
    18:00 05/05/2015 (Updated: 20:01 05/05/2015 )

The document also stated the need for the EU to cooperate with NATO and the United States in providing security in the Black Sea region, RIA Novosti correspondent was told in the press service of the EP.

BRUSSELS, May 5 - RIA Novosti, Alexander Shishlo. The European Parliament (EP) Foreign Affairs Committee approved and make the vote of the Assembly in June, a draft resolution calling for tighter EU sanctions against Russia in case of default Minsk Agreement Moscow, RIA Novosti reported the press service of the EP.

"If Russia continues to destabilize the situation in the east of Ukraine and will not abandon the illegal annexation of the Crimea, the EU must strengthen the sanctions and to consider granting Ukraine the defensive weapons and other military assistance," - the document says.

It also stated the need for the EU to cooperate with NATO and the United States in providing security in the Black Sea region. Continue reading.

TASS wrote:Kiev deprives WWII veterans of financial aid ahead of V-Day — opposition lawmaker
    World May 05, 19:54 UTC+3
    The Ukrainian authorities didn’t allocate money for veterans to visit the graves of their dead comrades and lay flowers at remembrance places

KIEV, May 5. /TASS/. The Ukrainian authorities have deprived WWII veterans of financial assistance ahead of the celebration of the 70th anniversary of the Soviet victory over Nazi Germany in World War Two, Opposition Bloc deputy Yuriy Pavlenko said on Tuesday.

"The current authorities have shamelessly robbed veterans in the year of the 70th anniversary of the Victory," he said on ERA TV Channel.

"They [the Ukrainian authorities] took away the 5 million hryvnias [$240,000] that was stipulated for financial aid to veteran organizations. They didn’t allocate money for veterans to visit the graves of their dead comrades and lay flowers at remembrance places," the opposition deputy said. Continue reading.

BuTaJIuK NaPaLm wrote:Donetsk. May 2015.

Russian Orthodox Army wrote:Motorola showed Sparta Museum. Exclusive!
    whir

Post  whir Tue May 05, 2015 10:02 pm

The Moscow Times wrote:Russia Says EU Does Not Want Ukraine Truce to Hold
    ReutersMay. 05 2015 20:53 Last edited 20:54

Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov accused "someone in the European Union" on Tuesday of trying to ensure a ceasefire in eastern Ukraine does not hold.

Pro-Russian separatists and the Ukrainian government agreed the truce in the Belarussian capital Minsk on Feb. 12, but it has failed to end all fighting and the Lithuanian president told Reuters it was now all but dead.

Lavrov deflected the blame on to Kiev at a news conference in Moscow and accused the EU of turning a blind eye to attacks which have killed civilians in rebel-held areas.

"Judging by certain signs, someone in the European Union wants the EU to allow the Ukrainian government not to implement the Minsk agreements," he said after talks with Austrian Foreign Minister Sebastian Kurz. Continue reading.

Хуёва Німеччина wrote:Donetsk parade rehearsals with Russian military branded vehicles

TheArmenian
    TheArmenian

Post  TheArmenian Tue May 05, 2015 10:03 pm

Werewolf wrote:
    TheArmenian wrote:
    Airbornewolf wrote:
    whir wrote:

Werewolf,

You bark at the wrong wolf my friend.

Sorry, I got my wolves mixed scratch
    whir

Post  whir Tue May 05, 2015 10:07 pm

Партизан via Google Translate wrote:lines of cars leaving Donetsk because of increased shells on the Ukrainian city
    The Situation in the Ukraine. #13 - Page 6 2duyogz
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Tue May 05, 2015 10:28 pm

auslander wrote:
    Werewolf wrote: You bark at the wrong wolf my friend.

We had only two interactions with US personnel in this berg in over a decade, both interactions with sailors from US Navy ships on port call.

The first one was short and not unpleasant, two young officers overheard us speaking English near the central market one evening in a January. It was snowing pretty good, unusual for this village, and they simply wanted to know where they could buy the traditional Russian winter fir cover. We took them in to the market to an honest kiosk and got them set up. Pleasantries were exchanged, hats were tipped and we parted company.

The second one was about 3 years ago, may have been 4, in high summer. We were in City Center Park, walking our blue Sophia. An American FFG was on port call and there were a few groups of both officers and EM wandering around. My wife is quite pretty and quite small, 1.48 and 45 kilos soaking wet with a brick in each pocket, and looks about two decades younger than she is. As we walked past a group of 4 young sailors lounging and eating on a park bench two of them made some unusual remarks about my bride, our dog and me, the remarks being rather explicit in content and with some rather salty language. The looks on their faces was priceless when these two local baboons (their words, not mine) turned on them and in perfect English lit in to them like Godzilla with a s//t storm. I started by introducing myself using my equivalent US Army rank, E9, and proceeded to dress them down like they had never been dressed down before. When I was finished with them I turned them over to Ye'lean'chka and Sophia. My bride made me look like a saint. By the time she was finished the boys were almost on their knees begging forgiveness. At the very end two young officers came over to us at a goodly clip and asked if there was a problem. I told them no, there was no problem, we were simply talking. We ended up talking to the six of them for a short time and ended up telling them where to go and where not to go and what eateries had the best foods and where to get good souvenirs at fair prices for their visit. And I'll give the four young boys their due. When the officers wandered off all four of them apologized profusely to my lass, the apologies she accepted with a bit of a stern warning not to let their behavior happen again. She is one tough cookie.

When you have troops getting out of hand that shows a breakdown of your NCO and senior NCO cadre. It is that cadre that enforces discipline and proper decorum in public and private. It is that cadre that handles the vast majority of the problems with the troops and keeps most of the problems away from the officers so the officers can continue with their ruminations of the Grand Strategy. When the NCO cadre begins to break down it shows a much larger and systemic problem in the military organization of which they are a part. I have been aware of this problem in US armed forces for some years.

Thank you, auslander. I don't want to think badly about my Country, nor military personnel, although shameful acts have come to light.
    Neither do I want to be a doofus who doesn't know and/or can't admit the things the United States government/militiary/individual soldiers has done, or is doing, that was/is wrong.
    IMHO, what made the USA "exceptional" was one- the American Indians who was here first, and  the immigrants who came here, many who suffered at the hands of persons who were already American citizens, and the government.
    Being born an American, or becoming a citizen doesn't make an individual better than anyone. but not less than either.
    Just like I don't believe being born a Russian citizen or becoming a Russian citizen (or whatever) makes an individual better than or less than anyone.
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Tue May 05, 2015 10:42 pm

posted by whir

TASS wrote: Kiev deprives WWII veterans of financial aid ahead of V-Day — opposition lawmaker World May 05, 19:54 UTC+3 The Ukrainian authorities didn’t allocate money for veterans to visit the graves of their dead comrades and lay flowers at remembrance places KIEV, May 5. /TASS/.

The Ukrainian authorities have also deprived the WWII veterans of privileges for free medicines and the privileges for a 50% discount in the payment of housing and utility bills, stopped indexing pensions and other social benefits, Pavlenko said. In particular, the Ukrainian authorities have canceled a bill on reducing the price of medications to treat hypertension, affecting "12 million our citizens and nine out of every ten veterans," Pavlenko said. wrote:

In response to the Ukrainian authorities’ actions, Ukraine’s Opposition Bloc has registered bills in the national parliament to cancel the tax on veterans’ pensions and exempt combat participants and disabled veterans of the Great Patriotic War of 1941-1945 against Nazi Germany from income tax and a military levy on their pensions, the lawmaker said. Ukraine’s Opposition Bloc demands that the national parliament should immediately consider the bills and cancel the taxation of pensions of WWII participants and return them all the privileges, to which they are entitled, Pavlenko said. wrote:

Who is the Opposition block?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opposition_Bloc
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Tue May 05, 2015 10:43 pm

whir wrote:
    Партизан via Google Translate wrote:lines of cars leaving Donetsk because of increased shells on the Ukrainian city
    The Situation in the Ukraine. #13 - Page 6 2duyogz

That's very sad, to say the least.
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Tue May 05, 2015 11:11 pm

What makes a vehicle a "Russian military branded vehicle"??
    whir

Post  whir Tue May 05, 2015 11:15 pm

Novaya Gazeta via Google Translate wrote:Это был «Бук-М1»
    It was a "Buk-M1"

Expert evaluation of Russian military engineers: Malaysian "Boeing" over eastern Ukraine hit by missiles "land - air"

In the editorial office of "Novaya Gazeta" was strictly confidential document entitled "The result of peer review of the investigation into the plane crash Boeing-777 (flight MN17) 17/07/2014, at the south-east of Ukraine."

To our knowledge, this work of Russian engineers MIC (including that of NGOs, which designs and manufactures missiles such as "Buck") should be directed to the Dutch experts leading the investigation monstrous tragedy.

Journalists are not experts on aviation and rocket ballistics, so we can not and do not consider themselves entitled to evaluate the study.

In view of the public importance, we felt it necessary to print the document without cuts and offer the expert community, both Russian and international, to examine the arguments, the facts and conclusions.

We also invited all interested parties to publish the pages of "Novaya Gazeta" the preliminary results of its investigations, because they believe: all things airliner crash should be made public. At least in order to stop the flow of speculation in this tragedy. Now clearly it can be argued that the innuendo former separatist leader Shooting Girkin of special "had sent a plane with the bodies," exploded over the Donbas and propaganda themes of the First Channel and "Komsomolskaya Pravda" about some "Ukrainian fighter", "secret witness "and" Spanish Manager "- is not nothing but a lie. Continue reading.
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Tue May 05, 2015 11:18 pm

The Kiev regime starts actively to violate the ceasefire and targets civilians but it is Russia that has harsher sanctions applied to it.

Welcome to the western dystopia of lies.

You would think that the so-called "pro-Russians" would be the excuse for NATO to start with the sanctions BS. But
    I don't see anywhere any indication that the rebels are instigating the breakdown of the ceasefire. It is all Kiev's fault.

So these sanctions are part of NATO's war against Russia. The other part is NATO's stooge regime in Kiev.

NATO should be prepared to go all the way, i.e. nuclear Armaggedon. Russia is not going to bend to some sanctions.
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Tue May 05, 2015 11:22 pm

whir wrote:
    Novaya Gazeta via Google Translate wrote:Это был «Бук-М1»
    It was a "Buk-M1"

Expert evaluation of Russian military engineers: Malaysian "Boeing" over eastern Ukraine hit by missiles "land - air"

In the editorial office of "Novaya Gazeta" was strictly confidential document entitled "The result of peer review of the investigation into the plane crash Boeing-777 (flight MN17) 17/07/2014, at the south-east of Ukraine."

To our knowledge, this work of Russian engineers MIC (including that of NGOs, which designs and manufactures missiles such as "Buck") should be directed to the Dutch experts leading the investigation monstrous tragedy.

Journalists are not experts on aviation and rocket ballistics, so we can not and do not consider themselves entitled to evaluate the study.

In view of the public importance, we felt it necessary to print the document without cuts and offer the expert community, both Russian and international, to examine the arguments, the facts and conclusions.

We also invited all interested parties to publish the pages of "Novaya Gazeta" the preliminary results of its investigations, because they believe: all things airliner crash should be made public. At least in order to stop the flow of speculation in this tragedy. Now clearly it can be argued that the innuendo former separatist leader Shooting Girkin of special "had sent a plane with the bodies," exploded over the Donbas and propaganda themes of the First Channel and "Komsomolskaya Pravda" about some "Ukrainian fighter", "secret witness "and" Spanish Manager "- is not nothing but a lie. Continue reading.

Novaya Gazeta is a 5th column rag and these "experts" are garbage.

So it wasn't just some Buk, it was a Buk-M1. Right, and Elvis is still alive.

The Situation in the Ukraine. #13 - Page 6 Gf5460c67e

Note the line of equally spaced 30 mm punctures at the left end of the cockpit panel. There is no FUCKING way this could
    have been produced by Buk missile warhead rod shrapnel.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 5:55 am