Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+47
Big_Gazza
Mike E
calripson
Vann7
collegeboy16
Viktor
Penguin
Walther von Oldenburg
franco
Manov
ali.a.r
Kimppis
Kyo
arpakola
par far
Nikander
etaepsilonk
flamming_python
GustavoHF
George1
Airbornewolf
AlfaT8
gregoire
NationalRus
Morpheus Eberhardt
kvs
Werewolf
Regular
magnumcromagnon
TheArmenian
Flyingdutchman
d_taddei2
As Sa'iqa
mack8
medo
Firebird
Petro007
Asf
George1000cy
GarryB
KomissarBojanchev
Zivo
TR1
VladimirSahin
Hannibal Barca
F-15E
higurashihougi
51 posters

The Situation in the Ukraine. #10

Vann7

The Situation in the Ukraine. #10 - Page 6 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #10

Post  Vann7 Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:03 pm

Someone was saying in RT forums.. that Obama gave the hundreds of millions dolars to poroshenko for weapons on the condition he start an assault in Eastern Ukraine.  My best bet.. is that if the war does not start again in 2-4 weeks ,it will not start at all. Is interesting to see the dynamics.. that Europe is pressuring Kiev to not start a war and even demand  them to take control of their nazis. While US not a single complain against Ukraine army war crimes and the neonazis.

in others news.. want to see deInformation economic war in action?
    Take a look at the video uploaded today Dec 19 2014 at youtube..
    by channel "news" . toothpase bombs in sochi..  Laughing

Thats a perfect example of Neocons NGOs viral media in action and its propaganda media.
    why would anyone upload a video today about a supposed "Terrorist possible attack" 10 months ago?
    Is interesting that if you type the world "Sochi" in youtube.. the first search you will get are Propaganda from the
    western media. Also in google too..  take a look at  Sochi "Dead city" according to this propaganda..

http://roadsandkingdoms.com/2014/sochi-abandoned/

Nitpicking any problems here and there in infrastructure , probably the photos were taken at 6am in the morning
    when everyone was still sleeping.  Laughing  And what is the goals of western neocon elite?

That people have second thoughts about visiting Russia. The message is.. DONT GO , NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT..
    Is TERRIBLE.. TERRORIST EVERYWHERE.. YOU COULD BE KILLED>> LOOK THAT PLANE>> DOGS KILLED ON SIGHT >> GAYS BEATED to DEATH.. PUTIN WILL ARREST YOU . RUSSIA IS A THIRD WORLD COUNTRY... don't bother investing your money in Russia.  

A simple video might look like nothing.. but when you have hundreds of NGOs.. creating false video propaganda about Sochi.. posting the information in major news papers and magazine world wide..the top views about Sochi believe it or not. is not about the success of Sochi..or the fire works.. but about VICE propaganda.. of PussyRiot when they were arrested.. and a report of Sochi stray dogs.interviewing a homeless man,.done months before facilities were finished. People will not see how is just propaganda of the west.. that do not want to see a Prosperous economy in Russia. This is why Russia government needs to increase security not only in Sochi but also Crimea. The western angloneocon elite will have no problem to hire terrorist to place bombs anywhere in Russia ,to sabotage its tourism. This is exactly what they did in Cuba ,and other nations .
    kvs
    kvs

The Situation in the Ukraine. #10 - Page 6 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #10

Post  kvs Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:10 pm

You are correct, Vann7. The trick with propaganda is to create a cacophony from many different sources. This
    way the sheeple swallow it up like some sort of self-evident truth. You see, if everyone and his dog says it, then
    it must be true. One source of propaganda, especially state associated, is fully ineffective.

Most people don't pay enough attention to note that all the "independent" media sources spout the same stories
    in the same order with the same spin. There may as well be one Ministry of Truth since there is really a chorus
    of anything but independent sources.
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:52 am

Well Russia apart from Piter and Moscow looks like total shit. I grew up in Soviet Union and was dragged along with my parents when they were travelling from Warsaw to Tbilisi.
    Rest of Russia is in decay. It's painful to see Kaliningrad. I was travelling there few summers ago. I consider my country to be "derevnya" but what i've seen there was revolting. Russians just moved there after ww2 and shat all over the place. People there are lazy too, can't cut the grass from their gardens or paint fences. But what do they care?  
    The Situation in the Ukraine. #10 - Page 6 AhLYjP0
    Water tower. People live there. Wasn't restored from WW2? Rest of the landscape are typical crumbling grey blocks with different brick ornaments. Soviet union was building such blocks to last for 30 years and to be replaced with newer ones. But there is no SU anymore.

There are buttloads of monuments for Victory. Ironic when compared to how loosers live.
    Not trolling, just fucking hate inequality and Sochi and Crimea. There are plenty of people who need money more than bunch of peninsular aboriginals who are now on gravy train and who never paid taxes for Russia. And now they will get pensions and shit.
    Airbornewolf
    Airbornewolf

Post  Airbornewolf Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:01 am

F-15E wrote:The situation in the eastern regions of Ukraine today.

The Situation in the Ukraine. #10 - Page 6 Z29w5310

yup, seems like legit stategic info....

Ukraine flag means "liberated" and the other party are "terrorists". and.... "russian federation" inside Ukraine?.

its great to be back after being 6 weeks offline for work and the third post i see is this work of fiction thumbsup
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:01 am

Off topic, but could not resist the troll bait:

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1199983

Yeah, nothing, nothing at all is being done to maintain anything. It is just like it was before WWII.

LOL.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:09 am

Regular wrote:Well Russia apart from Piter and Moscow looks like total shit. I grew up in Soviet Union and was dragged along with my parents when they were travelling from Warsaw to Tbilisi.
    Rest of Russia is in decay. It's painful to see Kaliningrad. I was travelling there few summers ago. I consider my country to be "derevnya" but what i've seen there was revolting. Russians just moved there after ww2 and shat all over the place. People there are lazy too, can't cut the grass from their gardens or paint fences. But what do they care?  
    Water tower. People live there. Wasn't restored from WW2? Rest of the landscape are typical crumbling  grey blocks with different brick ornaments. Soviet union was building such blocks to last for 30 years and to be replaced with newer ones. But there is no SU anymore.

There are buttloads of monuments for Victory. Ironic when compared to how loosers live.
    Not trolling, just fucking hate inequality and Sochi and Crimea. There are plenty of people who need money more than bunch of peninsular aboriginals who are now on gravy train and who never paid taxes for Russia. And now they will get pensions and shit.

Yeah, because you actually saw the country.......

Jesus Christ your a dolt. Tell that to Krasnoyarsk and alike.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:12 am

Regular wrote:Well Russia apart from Piter and Moscow looks like total shit. I grew up in Soviet Union and was dragged along with my parents when they were travelling from Warsaw to Tbilisi.
    Water tower. People live there. Wasn't restored from WW2? Rest of the landscape are typical crumbling  grey blocks with different brick ornaments. Soviet union was building such blocks to last for 30 years and to be replaced with newer ones. But there is no SU anymore.

Jesus Christ....

Edit: http://sdelanounas.ru/blogs/?id=89

Go here, check out photo evidence (not anecdotal like yours) and there you go, have fun!  Lots of different photos of different towns/cities in Russia.  Many new type of buildings and looking real beautiful.
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:09 pm

sepheronx wrote:

Go here, check out photo evidence (not anecdotal like yours) and there you go, have fun!  Lots of different photos of different towns/cities in Russia.  Many new type of buildings and looking real beautiful.

Nice pictures..  

I think regular example was very lame.. is like picking a bad building in a country and generalize an entire continent. . You can find poor conditions cities in USA.. just go to Detroit and southern states..

The Situation in the Ukraine. #10 - Page 6 Detroit_fall

About Moscow.. and St peterburg they have the most business from the west but not remotely close to be the
    modern looking cities in quality and infrastructure.

Yekaterinburg for example..

Belgorod city have nothing to envy to any European city.. is very developed city, go and look..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3qJdlycGgA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTyC0F5VvAA

and krasnodar not inferior to the standard of living in Europe either..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWbK0eJS9iQ

Sochi is also nice as you all already know.. other nice cities i have seen is UFA ,Chechenia too is developed but not many will like to live there for the muslins . unfortunately Russia capital is probably the ugliest one of all developed cities. when it should be an example of Russia best city.

Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:02 am

sepheronx wrote:

Jesus Christ....

Ofcourse I didnt see all country fee native Russians actually did. Its massive. But what I'm trying to say that Russia apart from St. Petersburg and Moscow didnt progress. Soviet heritage like cultural centers, children playgrounds, parks, shools are all decaying. When bit more than 20 years ago even in middle of nowhere towns were developed. Few people still remember bus stations without alcoholics, drugies or rubbish. Streets were clean, everything was tidy and communities were governing themselves. People gathered to clean suroading areas, plant flowers, paint walls using their time and money etc. There was some kind spirit who drove people to do things and now its gone. Salt and bread, everywhere we went people greeted us like family. I am not USSR nostalgic, but shit was done back then and most people who remeber will agree. Russia and now younger Russians are totally different people.
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:41 am

I don't know about You guys but there is hardly a place in Kaliningrad I haven't been.
    Contrasts are staggering. Especially if You go from Nida to Morskoye..
    Here are some pictures done in 2014, primary focusing buildings.
    I didn't put historical German sites as they are mostly ruins by now.  
    https://imgur.com/a/5PdC2

Still looks better than Kiev Wink
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:03 am

Beautiful to see someone actually being trained properly.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:07 am

Regular wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:

Jesus Christ....

Ofcourse I didnt see all country fee native Russians actually did. Its massive. But what I'm trying to say that Russia apart from St. Petersburg and Moscow didnt progress. Soviet heritage like cultural centers, children playgrounds, parks, shools are all decaying. When bit more than 20 years ago even in middle of nowhere towns were developed. Few people still remember bus stations without alcoholics, drugies or rubbish. Streets were clean, everything was tidy and communities were governing themselves. People gathered to clean suroading areas, plant flowers, paint walls using their time and money etc. There was some kind spirit who drove people to do things and now its gone. Salt and bread, everywhere we went people greeted us like family. I am not USSR nostalgic, but shit was done back then and most people who remeber will agree. Russia and now younger Russians are totally different people.  

Regular, that's rubbish. Progress is evident in many cities. Although certainly - taking a place like Murmansk for example; it still looks like a dump.

But I think you'll find that all over the country, those same schools, kindergardens, childrens playgrounds, parks, streets, walls, etc... are being renovated, or built anew. sdelanounas and skyscrapercity are both good places to find out about all this.

This is the result of money given to local city district and rural administrations for among other things, the beautification of public places, cultural development.. as well as the federal budget for education, healthcare and so on.
    Flash back 10 years ago and all of this money was been stolen sometime between when it was written down on paper as being allocated, to when it actually got into the hands of the builders, street-sweepers, painters, mechanics, etc... that were to be doing those jobs. The result being that a lot of things that should have been done weren't, or were done badly; and thus things carried on decaying.
    It is still like that in some areas, which explains the disparity one sees between certain Russian cities and towns that have been making progress, and those that haven't... the city districts that have been completely renovated like my own one - and some others where it is evident that less effort has been made.

But by and large, things have been shaken up, a lot of people have been fined or taken to jail, made examples of over corruption and other violations - Russian authorities have been busy demonstrating that they're serious about enforcing laws since about 2008-2009 or so. It's working as far as I can see - for sure we're still a long way off Europe - in terms of how much honesty and responsibility, public officials & bureaucrats permit themselves in relation to their duties. But if nothing else - they got some fear inside of them now, to motivate them to do the right thing.
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:48 am

Thanks for the info FP. I might be too critical, I haven't seen all Russia.
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:26 am

Old but still good Smile
    Rebels interrogate this skinny piece of shit. What strikes me that he lies from left to right and tries the patience of people. He said he was from 141th and then he started to lie that he was civilian captured by chechens. But then one of the rebels crosses him like proper orthdox does before someone dieing.

Hes fate was sealed
    d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

The Situation in the Ukraine. #10 - Page 6 Empty ukrainian armed forces loses

Post  d_taddei2 Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:49 am

Hi all, i was in Crimea and Donetsk back in April/May 2014 (many pictures taken), and the Ukraine military was starting to attack various areas in eastern Ukraine, i was in Donetsk when the MI-24 was shot down in the nearby town of sloviansk. But since then there been so much more fighting and the Ukrainian armed forces have suffered quite a bit, does anyone have a number of total loses on the Ukrainian side? i am looking for number of soliders, tanks, AFV/APC, artillery etc, and if possible what it was they lost i.e instead of saying 5 AFV, 4x BMP-2 and 1x BMP-1 any info would be great, i know there has been some info on aircraft but thats still alittle vague so any info on aircraft would also be good.
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:58 am

Hello d_taddei2, any chance You will share Your pictures with us?
    Well there is http://lostarmour.info/armour/
    for armoured vehicles. You have to use translator
    d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

The Situation in the Ukraine. #10 - Page 6 Empty reply

Post  d_taddei2 Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:05 pm

hi yes no problem i will post some pics here later, can i post videos here?? ive got small clips of me attending a pro-Russian protest outside a Donetsk police station
    d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

The Situation in the Ukraine. #10 - Page 6 Empty pics

Post  d_taddei2 Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:58 pm

Donetsk

The Situation in the Ukraine. #10 - Page 6 Dscn0115

The Situation in the Ukraine. #10 - Page 6 Dscn0116

The Situation in the Ukraine. #10 - Page 6 Dscn0117

The Situation in the Ukraine. #10 - Page 6 Dscn0118

some more

The Situation in the Ukraine. #10 - Page 6 Dscn0013

The Situation in the Ukraine. #10 - Page 6 Dscn0014

The Situation in the Ukraine. #10 - Page 6 Dscn0015

The Situation in the Ukraine. #10 - Page 6 Dscn0119

The Situation in the Ukraine. #10 - Page 6 Dscn0120

d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

The Situation in the Ukraine. #10 - Page 6 Empty pics more

Post  d_taddei2 Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:02 pm

Crimea pics.

Simferopol

The Situation in the Ukraine. #10 - Page 6 Cimg1818

Sevastopol

The Situation in the Ukraine. #10 - Page 6 Dscn0016

d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Post  d_taddei2 Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:18 pm

hi all please enjoy my pics i have loads more, and also have pics of maidan square Kiev, as well as Kiev war museum, and i spent 5 days in the Chernobyl exclusion zone with many pics. I also do some shooting when visting the countries i go to. 2 months ago i was in Uzbekistan and visited the Aral sea(wiki it), and Tajikistan, doing the Pamir highway(wiki it) and down to Afghan border. My next trips for next year include North Korea, Afghanistan, and Damascus Syria. Please note i am not a journalist or a photographer and my pics are taken on a small digital camera so my pictures aren't greatest so some of you photographers might slate my pics. Please enjoy. Anymore request please ask, i also have a pic thread here https://www.russiadefence.net/t3372-my-pics-and-vids

Pic of me shooting the Dragunov and AK-74 in Ukraine a few months ago.

The Situation in the Ukraine. #10 - Page 6 Cimg1819

The Situation in the Ukraine. #10 - Page 6 Cimg1820
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:48 am

Thank You so much for pictures You've shared!
    And happy future travels, You inspired me finally to get off my ass and plan a journey to Ukraine.
    Zivo
    Zivo

Post  Zivo Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:48 am

Very cool pics.

You must not have gotten the memo, but most people spend their vacations in nice, relaxing places far from warzones, were there's no risk of getting hit by RPG shrapnel. Rolling Eyes

Stay safe and have fun.
    d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Post  d_taddei2 Thu Dec 25, 2014 10:06 am

Zivo wrote:Very cool pics.

You must not have gotten the memo, but most people spend their vacations in nice, relaxing places far from warzones, were there's no risk of getting hit by RPG shrapnel. Rolling Eyes

Stay safe and have fun.

hi what memo????
    And thanks but as always I will be taking pics. I once was arrested at gun point on the Transnistrian/Moldovan border lol. I suffered mild pulmonary oedema on the pamir highway for one day, but I soldiered on lol.
    d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Post  d_taddei2 Thu Dec 25, 2014 10:09 am

Regular wrote:Thank You so much for pictures You've shared!
    And happy future travels, You inspired me finally to get off my ass and plan a journey to Ukraine.

I highly recommend it, if you want to do Chernobyl let me know I know a good company, also if you want to do shooting let me know, I also have a few friends in Crimea, just remember you will need Russian visa now for Crimea, ive been twice to Ukraine, ive also done Pervomaisk missle silo base which was good, pics on the thread I started in pics part of the forum.
    Airbornewolf
    Airbornewolf

Post  Airbornewolf Thu Dec 25, 2014 10:37 am

i just wanted to chip in and say thanks for the pictures Wink. you really traveled around there.

when i got more time i want to visit Crimea myself, this documentary on RT and reading up on Crimea in the history books made me very interested in visiting there as an tourist and im very interested too in talking with some people there about their views on matters. that is, if they even want to talk about it with an tourist with all the crap going on next door there. i probably wont go outside the Crimea itself, for me personally its asking for trouble with either the Kiev side or Donbass side.

about Afghanistan tough, i went there myself on a few deployments as part of ISAF. i would not recommend it, the security situation is still going downhill with the pullout of NATO forces. and with that chances rise with being captured by the Taliban. the media might say things are all going to plan, but really thats bullshit Wink. and you know they have the reputation about not giving Westerners back alive or make home-vids with them.

for the rest, its your own decision in the end of course.

and again, thanks for the great pics.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:30 pm