Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    The Situation in the Ukraine. #10

    Share

    sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 7302
    Points : 7612
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 27
    Location : Canada

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #10

    Post  sepheronx on Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:09 am

    Regular wrote:Well Russia apart from Piter and Moscow looks like total shit. I grew up in Soviet Union and was dragged along with my parents when they were travelling from Warsaw to Tbilisi.
    Rest of Russia is in decay. It's painful to see Kaliningrad. I was travelling there few summers ago. I consider my country to be "derevnya" but what i've seen there was revolting. Russians just moved there after ww2 and shat all over the place. People there are lazy too, can't cut the grass from their gardens or paint fences. But what do they care?  

    Water tower. People live there. Wasn't restored from WW2? Rest of the landscape are typical crumbling  grey blocks with different brick ornaments. Soviet union was building such blocks to last for 30 years and to be replaced with newer ones. But there is no SU anymore.

    There are buttloads of monuments for Victory. Ironic when compared to how loosers live.
    Not trolling, just fucking hate inequality and Sochi and Crimea. There are plenty of people who need money more than bunch of peninsular aboriginals who are now on gravy train and who never paid taxes for Russia. And now they will get pensions and shit.

    Yeah, because you actually saw the country.......

    Jesus Christ your a dolt. Tell that to Krasnoyarsk and alike.

    sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 7302
    Points : 7612
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 27
    Location : Canada

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #10

    Post  sepheronx on Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:12 am

    Regular wrote:Well Russia apart from Piter and Moscow looks like total shit. I grew up in Soviet Union and was dragged along with my parents when they were travelling from Warsaw to Tbilisi.
    Rest of Russia is in decay. It's painful to see Kaliningrad. I was travelling there few summers ago. I consider my country to be "derevnya" but what i've seen there was revolting. Russians just moved there after ww2 and shat all over the place. People there are lazy too, can't cut the grass from their gardens or paint fences. But what do they care?  

    Water tower. People live there. Wasn't restored from WW2? Rest of the landscape are typical crumbling  grey blocks with different brick ornaments. Soviet union was building such blocks to last for 30 years and to be replaced with newer ones. But there is no SU anymore.

    There are buttloads of monuments for Victory. Ironic when compared to how loosers live.
    Not trolling, just fucking hate inequality and Sochi and Crimea. There are plenty of people who need money more than bunch of peninsular aboriginals who are now on gravy train and who never paid taxes for Russia. And now they will get pensions and shit.

    Yeah, because you actually saw the country.......

    Jesus Christ....

    Edit: http://sdelanounas.ru/blogs/?id=89

    Go here, check out photo evidence (not anecdotal like yours) and there you go, have fun!  Lots of different photos of different towns/cities in Russia.  Many new type of buildings and looking real beautiful.

    Vann7
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3233
    Points : 3357
    Join date : 2012-05-16

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #10

    Post  Vann7 on Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:09 am

    sepheronx wrote:

    Edit: http://sdelanounas.ru/blogs/?id=89

    Go here, check out photo evidence (not anecdotal like yours) and there you go, have fun!  Lots of different photos of different towns/cities in Russia.  Many new type of buildings and looking real beautiful.

    Nice pictures..  

    I think regular example was very lame.. is like picking a bad building in a country and generalize an entire continent. . You can find poor conditions cities in USA.. just go to Detroit and southern states..



    About Moscow.. and St peterburg they have the most business from the west but not remotely close to be the
    modern looking cities in quality and infrastructure.

    Yekaterinburg for example..




    Belgorod city have nothing to envy to any European city.. is very developed city, go and look..

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3qJdlycGgA

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTyC0F5VvAA

    and krasnodar not inferior to the standard of living in Europe either..

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWbK0eJS9iQ


    Sochi is also nice as you all already know.. other nice cities i have seen is UFA ,Chechenia too is developed but not many will like to live there for the muslins . unfortunately Russia capital is probably the ugliest one of all developed cities. when it should be an example of Russia best city.



    Regular
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1955
    Points : 1962
    Join date : 2013-03-10
    Location : Western Hemisphere.. mostly

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #10

    Post  Regular on Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:02 pm

    sepheronx wrote:
    Regular wrote:Well Russia apart from Piter and Moscow looks like total shit. I grew up in Soviet Union and was dragged along with my parents when they were travelling from Warsaw to Tbilisi.
    Rest of Russia is in decay. It's painful to see Kaliningrad. I was travelling there few summers ago. I consider my country to be "derevnya" but what i've seen there was revolting. Russians just moved there after ww2 and shat all over the place. People there are lazy too, can't cut the grass from their gardens or paint fences. But what do they care?  

    Water tower. People live there. Wasn't restored from WW2? Rest of the landscape are typical crumbling  grey blocks with different brick ornaments. Soviet union was building such blocks to last for 30 years and to be replaced with newer ones. But there is no SU anymore.

    There are buttloads of monuments for Victory. Ironic when compared to how loosers live.
    Not trolling, just fucking hate inequality and Sochi and Crimea. There are plenty of people who need money more than bunch of peninsular aboriginals who are now on gravy train and who never paid taxes for Russia. And now they will get pensions and shit.

    Yeah, because you actually saw the country.......

    Jesus Christ....

    Edit: http://sdelanounas.ru/blogs/?id=89

    Go here, check out photo evidence (not anecdotal like yours) and there you go, have fun!  Lots of different photos of different towns/cities in Russia.  Many new type of buildings and looking real beautiful.
    Ofcourse I didnt see all country fee native Russians actually did. Its massive. But what I'm trying to say that Russia apart from St. Petersburg and Moscow didnt progress. Soviet heritage like cultural centers, children playgrounds, parks, shools are all decaying. When bit more than 20 years ago even in middle of nowhere towns were developed. Few people still remember bus stations without alcoholics, drugies or rubbish. Streets were clean, everything was tidy and communities were governing themselves. People gathered to clean suroading areas, plant flowers, paint walls using their time and money etc. There was some kind spirit who drove people to do things and now its gone. Salt and bread, everywhere we went people greeted us like family. I am not USSR nostalgic, but shit was done back then and most people who remeber will agree. Russia and now younger Russians are totally different people.

    Regular
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1955
    Points : 1962
    Join date : 2013-03-10
    Location : Western Hemisphere.. mostly

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #10

    Post  Regular on Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:41 pm

    I don't know about You guys but there is hardly a place in Kaliningrad I haven't been.
    Contrasts are staggering. Especially if You go from Nida to Morskoye..
    Here are some pictures done in 2014, primary focusing buildings.
    I didn't put historical German sites as they are mostly ruins by now.  
    http://imgur.com/a/5PdC2

    Still looks better than Kiev Wink

    Regular
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1955
    Points : 1962
    Join date : 2013-03-10
    Location : Western Hemisphere.. mostly

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #10

    Post  Regular on Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:03 pm

    Beautiful to see someone actually being trained properly.

    flamming_python
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 3188
    Points : 3316
    Join date : 2012-01-30

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #10

    Post  flamming_python on Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:07 am

    Regular wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:
    Regular wrote:Well Russia apart from Piter and Moscow looks like total shit. I grew up in Soviet Union and was dragged along with my parents when they were travelling from Warsaw to Tbilisi.
    Rest of Russia is in decay. It's painful to see Kaliningrad. I was travelling there few summers ago. I consider my country to be "derevnya" but what i've seen there was revolting. Russians just moved there after ww2 and shat all over the place. People there are lazy too, can't cut the grass from their gardens or paint fences. But what do they care?  

    Water tower. People live there. Wasn't restored from WW2? Rest of the landscape are typical crumbling  grey blocks with different brick ornaments. Soviet union was building such blocks to last for 30 years and to be replaced with newer ones. But there is no SU anymore.

    There are buttloads of monuments for Victory. Ironic when compared to how loosers live.
    Not trolling, just fucking hate inequality and Sochi and Crimea. There are plenty of people who need money more than bunch of peninsular aboriginals who are now on gravy train and who never paid taxes for Russia. And now they will get pensions and shit.

    Yeah, because you actually saw the country.......

    Jesus Christ....

    Edit: http://sdelanounas.ru/blogs/?id=89

    Go here, check out photo evidence (not anecdotal like yours) and there you go, have fun!  Lots of different photos of different towns/cities in Russia.  Many new type of buildings and looking real beautiful.
    Ofcourse I didnt see all country fee native Russians actually did. Its massive. But what I'm trying to say that Russia apart from St. Petersburg and Moscow didnt progress. Soviet heritage like cultural centers, children playgrounds, parks, shools are all decaying. When bit more than 20 years ago even in middle of nowhere towns were developed. Few people still remember bus stations without alcoholics, drugies or rubbish. Streets were clean, everything was tidy and communities were governing themselves. People gathered to clean suroading areas, plant flowers, paint walls using their time and money etc. There was some kind spirit who drove people to do things and now its gone. Salt and bread, everywhere we went people greeted us like family. I am not USSR nostalgic, but shit was done back then and most people who remeber will agree. Russia and now younger Russians are totally different people.  

    Regular, that's rubbish. Progress is evident in many cities. Although certainly - taking a place like Murmansk for example; it still looks like a dump.

    But I think you'll find that all over the country, those same schools, kindergardens, childrens playgrounds, parks, streets, walls, etc... are being renovated, or built anew. sdelanounas and skyscrapercity are both good places to find out about all this.

    This is the result of money given to local city district and rural administrations for among other things, the beautification of public places, cultural development.. as well as the federal budget for education, healthcare and so on.
    Flash back 10 years ago and all of this money was been stolen sometime between when it was written down on paper as being allocated, to when it actually got into the hands of the builders, street-sweepers, painters, mechanics, etc... that were to be doing those jobs. The result being that a lot of things that should have been done weren't, or were done badly; and thus things carried on decaying.
    It is still like that in some areas, which explains the disparity one sees between certain Russian cities and towns that have been making progress, and those that haven't... the city districts that have been completely renovated like my own one - and some others where it is evident that less effort has been made.

    But by and large, things have been shaken up, a lot of people have been fined or taken to jail, made examples of over corruption and other violations - Russian authorities have been busy demonstrating that they're serious about enforcing laws since about 2008-2009 or so. It's working as far as I can see - for sure we're still a long way off Europe - in terms of how much honesty and responsibility, public officials & bureaucrats permit themselves in relation to their duties. But if nothing else - they got some fear inside of them now, to motivate them to do the right thing.

    Regular
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1955
    Points : 1962
    Join date : 2013-03-10
    Location : Western Hemisphere.. mostly

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #10

    Post  Regular on Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:48 am

    Thanks for the info FP. I might be too critical, I haven't seen all Russia.

    Regular
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1955
    Points : 1962
    Join date : 2013-03-10
    Location : Western Hemisphere.. mostly

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #10

    Post  Regular on Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:26 am

    Old but still good Smile
    Rebels interrogate this skinny piece of shit. What strikes me that he lies from left to right and tries the patience of people. He said he was from 141th and then he started to lie that he was civilian captured by chechens. But then one of the rebels crosses him like proper orthdox does before someone dieing.

    Hes fate was sealed

    d_taddei2
    Captain
    Captain

    Posts : 744
    Points : 904
    Join date : 2013-05-11
    Location : Scotland UK

    ukrainian armed forces loses

    Post  d_taddei2 on Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:49 pm

    Hi all, i was in Crimea and Donetsk back in April/May 2014 (many pictures taken), and the Ukraine military was starting to attack various areas in eastern Ukraine, i was in Donetsk when the MI-24 was shot down in the nearby town of sloviansk. But since then there been so much more fighting and the Ukrainian armed forces have suffered quite a bit, does anyone have a number of total loses on the Ukrainian side? i am looking for number of soliders, tanks, AFV/APC, artillery etc, and if possible what it was they lost i.e instead of saying 5 AFV, 4x BMP-2 and 1x BMP-1 any info would be great, i know there has been some info on aircraft but thats still alittle vague so any info on aircraft would also be good.

    Regular
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1955
    Points : 1962
    Join date : 2013-03-10
    Location : Western Hemisphere.. mostly

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #10

    Post  Regular on Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:58 pm

    Hello d_taddei2, any chance You will share Your pictures with us?
    Well there is http://lostarmour.info/armour/
    for armoured vehicles. You have to use translator

    d_taddei2
    Captain
    Captain

    Posts : 744
    Points : 904
    Join date : 2013-05-11
    Location : Scotland UK

    reply

    Post  d_taddei2 on Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:05 am

    hi yes no problem i will post some pics here later, can i post videos here?? ive got small clips of me attending a pro-Russian protest outside a Donetsk police station

    d_taddei2
    Captain
    Captain

    Posts : 744
    Points : 904
    Join date : 2013-05-11
    Location : Scotland UK

    pics

    Post  d_taddei2 on Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:58 pm

    Donetsk









    some more













    d_taddei2
    Captain
    Captain

    Posts : 744
    Points : 904
    Join date : 2013-05-11
    Location : Scotland UK

    pics more

    Post  d_taddei2 on Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:02 pm

    Crimea pics.

    Simferopol



    Sevastopol




    d_taddei2
    Captain
    Captain

    Posts : 744
    Points : 904
    Join date : 2013-05-11
    Location : Scotland UK

    reply

    Post  d_taddei2 on Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:18 pm

    hi all please enjoy my pics i have loads more, and also have pics of maidan square Kiev, as well as Kiev war museum, and i spent 5 days in the Chernobyl exclusion zone with many pics. I also do some shooting when visting the countries i go to. 2 months ago i was in Uzbekistan and visited the Aral sea(wiki it), and Tajikistan, doing the Pamir highway(wiki it) and down to Afghan border. My next trips for next year include North Korea, Afghanistan, and Damascus Syria. Please note i am not a journalist or a photographer and my pics are taken on a small digital camera so my pictures aren't greatest so some of you photographers might slate my pics. Please enjoy. Anymore request please ask, i also have a pic thread here http://www.russiadefence.net/t3372-my-pics-and-vids

    Pic of me shooting the Dragunov and AK-74 in Ukraine a few months ago.




    Regular
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1955
    Points : 1962
    Join date : 2013-03-10
    Location : Western Hemisphere.. mostly

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #10

    Post  Regular on Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:48 am

    Thank You so much for pictures You've shared!
    And happy future travels, You inspired me finally to get off my ass and plan a journey to Ukraine.

    Zivo
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1504
    Points : 1540
    Join date : 2012-04-13
    Location : U.S.A.

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #10

    Post  Zivo on Thu Dec 25, 2014 2:48 am

    Very cool pics.

    You must not have gotten the memo, but most people spend their vacations in nice, relaxing places far from warzones, were there's no risk of getting hit by RPG shrapnel. Rolling Eyes

    Stay safe and have fun.

    d_taddei2
    Captain
    Captain

    Posts : 744
    Points : 904
    Join date : 2013-05-11
    Location : Scotland UK

    reply

    Post  d_taddei2 on Thu Dec 25, 2014 3:06 am

    Zivo wrote:Very cool pics.

    You must not have gotten the memo, but most people spend their vacations in nice, relaxing places far from warzones, were there's no risk of getting hit by RPG shrapnel. Rolling Eyes

    Stay safe and have fun.

    hi what memo????
    And thanks but as always I will be taking pics. I once was arrested at gun point on the Transnistrian/Moldovan border lol. I suffered mild pulmonary oedema on the pamir highway for one day, but I soldiered on lol.

    d_taddei2
    Captain
    Captain

    Posts : 744
    Points : 904
    Join date : 2013-05-11
    Location : Scotland UK

    reply

    Post  d_taddei2 on Thu Dec 25, 2014 3:09 am

    Regular wrote:Thank You so much for pictures You've shared!
    And happy future travels, You inspired me finally to get off my ass and plan a journey to Ukraine.


    I highly recommend it, if you want to do Chernobyl let me know I know a good company, also if you want to do shooting let me know, I also have a few friends in Crimea, just remember you will need Russian visa now for Crimea, ive been twice to Ukraine, ive also done Pervomaisk missle silo base which was good, pics on the thread I started in pics part of the forum.

    Airbornewolf
    Master Sergeant
    Master Sergeant

    Posts : 338
    Points : 400
    Join date : 2014-02-05
    Location : netherlands

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #10

    Post  Airbornewolf on Thu Dec 25, 2014 3:37 am

    i just wanted to chip in and say thanks for the pictures Wink. you really traveled around there.

    when i got more time i want to visit Crimea myself, this documentary on RT and reading up on Crimea in the history books made me very interested in visiting there as an tourist and im very interested too in talking with some people there about their views on matters. that is, if they even want to talk about it with an tourist with all the crap going on next door there. i probably wont go outside the Crimea itself, for me personally its asking for trouble with either the Kiev side or Donbass side.


    about Afghanistan tough, i went there myself on a few deployments as part of ISAF. i would not recommend it, the security situation is still going downhill with the pullout of NATO forces. and with that chances rise with being captured by the Taliban. the media might say things are all going to plan, but really thats bullshit Wink. and you know they have the reputation about not giving Westerners back alive or make home-vids with them.

    for the rest, its your own decision in the end of course.

    and again, thanks for the great pics.





    d_taddei2
    Captain
    Captain

    Posts : 744
    Points : 904
    Join date : 2013-05-11
    Location : Scotland UK

    reply

    Post  d_taddei2 on Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:12 am

    Airbornewolf wrote:i just wanted to chip in and say thanks for the pictures Wink. you really traveled around there.

    when i got more time i want to visit Crimea myself, this documentary on RT and reading up on Crimea in the history books made me very interested in visiting there as an tourist and im very interested too in talking with some people there about their views on matters. that is, if they even want to talk about it with an tourist with all the crap going on next door there.  i probably wont go outside the Crimea itself, for me personally its asking for trouble with either the Kiev side or Donbass side.


    about Afghanistan tough, i went there myself on a few deployments as part of ISAF. i would not recommend it, the security situation is still going downhill with the pullout of NATO forces. and with that chances rise with being captured by the Taliban. the media might say things are all going to plan, but really thats bullshit Wink. and you know they have the reputation about not giving Westerners back alive or make home-vids with them.

    for the rest, its your own decision in the end of course.

    and again, thanks for the great pics.





    Crimea is a great place I could live there. The rest of Ukraine is fine, in the rest of Ukraine I generally found older people who speak English (not very many) are more open to talk to you as long as they aren't in the public eye, but people in Crimea will talk about it, they are so staunch Russian there so proud to be part of Russia.

    Flyingdutchman
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

    Posts : 557
    Points : 577
    Join date : 2013-07-30
    Location : The Netherlands

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #10

    Post  Flyingdutchman on Thu Dec 25, 2014 2:04 pm

    Airbornewolf wrote:


    about Afghanistan tough, i went there myself on a few deployments as part of ISAF. i would not recommend it, the security situation is still going downhill with the pullout of NATO forces. and with that chances rise with being captured by the Taliban. the media might say things are all going to plan, but really thats bullshit Wink. and you know they have the reputation about not giving Westerners back alive or make home-vids with them.

    for the rest, its your own decision in the end of course.

    and again, thanks for the great pics.





    The US is sending a 1000 soldiers back to Afhanistan.
    They really can't get things under control there...

    Zivo
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1504
    Points : 1540
    Join date : 2012-04-13
    Location : U.S.A.

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #10

    Post  Zivo on Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:21 am

    UA old school BTR-152.


    sepheronx
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 7302
    Points : 7612
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 27
    Location : Canada

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #10

    Post  sepheronx on Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:50 pm

    The head of red cross in moscow is saying the humantarian convoys from Russia to Donestsk is an invasion. In what is all holly, is wrong with these retards?

    AlfaT8
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Posts : 1149
    Points : 1162
    Join date : 2013-02-02

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #10

    Post  AlfaT8 on Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:14 pm

    sepheronx wrote:The head of red cross in moscow is saying the humantarian convoys from Russia to Donestsk is an invasion. In what is all holly, is wrong with these retards?
    You forgot to post the article, here you go.
    http://itar-tass.com/en/russia/769882

    And as for my thoughts, this guy's finances needs to be thoroughly investigated and/or relieved from his position for mental illness/disorder.

    Sponsored content

    Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #10

    Post  Sponsored content Today at 8:17 pm


      Current date/time is Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:17 pm