Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich

    Share
    avatar
    Singular_Transform

    Posts : 539
    Points : 535
    Join date : 2016-11-13

    Re: Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich

    Post  Singular_Transform on Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:04 pm

    Vann7 wrote:Putin's Russia doing always what it knows how to do best.
    Being the laughing joke of the world. 




    It seems Russia navy is trying to take the title away of Britain ,of the worse 
    conditions navy in the world. Look at the Smoke , and this is supposed to be
    Russia "most modern" ,"state of the art" warship. everyone making laughs about 
    Russia "obsolete navy" , whether this is true or not , is not what matters. But what
    more matters in a time of peace Nation image and military strenght is everything. Russia will never encourage respect on its nation if their warship throw more smoke than a coal burning plant. And this  is bad for the image of Russia. If Russia intention is deterrence and security for SYria , then having their best warships in service ,becoming a joke for the poor condition of
    its engines ,is not definitevely the best way for Mr Putin to project strenght.   

    The ammount of smoke (this magnitude) is a design decisin by the designer of the engine control system.

    Triangle: you can choose two from the next tree: performance, low consumption and low emission.
    avatar
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 5749
    Points : 5853
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich

    Post  PapaDragon on Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:15 pm

    Vann7 wrote:Putin's Russia doing always what it knows how to do best.
    Being the laughing joke of the world. 
    ................
    It seems Russia navy is trying to take the title away of Britain ,of the worse 
    conditions navy in the world. Look at the Smoke , and this is supposed to be
    Russia "most modern" ,"state of the art" warship. everyone making laughs about 
    Russia "obsolete navy" , whether this is true or not , is not what matters. But what
    more matters in a time of peace Nation image and military strenght is everything. Russia will never encourage respect on its nation if their warship throw more smoke than a coal burning plant. And this  is bad for the image of Russia. If Russia intention is deterrence and security for SYria , then having their best warships in service ,becoming a joke for the poor condition of
    its engines ,is not definitevely the best way for Mr Putin to project strenght.   

    just a few comments from the report so people see what kind of 
    image Russia is sending to the world. 
    ...........................
    So there you have it.. instead of people discussing Russian navy power , you 
    have Europeans and Americans discussing the poor quality conditions of Russian
    engines in their warships. And it was no different with Russia aircraft carrier ,that also
    made headlines and not for anything good. but for poor performance too. Good thing is Russia have many nukes.. but Russia should not be relying only on them for deterrence. Russian nuclear inventory did not saved the Russian pilot shut down by TUrkey ,neither is helping much to help Syria to avoid being partitioned by NATO
    .

    Retard factor is powerful in this one... lol1

    Honesroc

    Posts : 68
    Points : 70
    Join date : 2014-11-01

    Re: Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich

    Post  Honesroc on Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:06 am

    Vann7 wrote:Putin's Russia doing always what it knows how to do best.
    Being the laughing joke of the world. 


    It seems Russia navy is trying to take the title away of Britain ,of the worse 
    conditions navy in the world. Look at the Smoke , and this is supposed to be
    Russia "most modern" ,"state of the art" warship. everyone making laughs about 
    Russia "obsolete navy" , whether this is true or not , is not what matters. But what
    more matters in a time of peace Nation image and military strenght is everything. Russia will never encourage respect on its nation if their warship throw more smoke than a coal burning plant. And this  is bad for the image of Russia. If Russia intention is deterrence and security for SYria , then having their best warships in service ,becoming a joke for the poor condition of
    its engines ,is not definitevely the best way for Mr Putin to project strenght.   

    just a few comments from the report so people see what kind of 
    image Russia is sending to the world. 



    https://sputniknews.com/military/201702271051091162-russia-sends-frigate-syrian-shores/

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nYINKXdgLs

    So there you have it.. instead of people discussing Russian navy power , you 
    have Europeans and Americans discussing the poor quality conditions of Russian
    engines in their warships. And it was no different with Russia aircraft carrier ,that also
    made headlines and not for anything good. but for poor performance too. Good thing is Russia have many nukes.. but Russia should not be relying only on them for deterrence. Russian nuclear inventory did not saved the Russian pilot shut down by TUrkey ,neither is helping much to help Syria to avoid being partitioned by NATO.

    This is an amazing display of idiocy and shallowness. "Vann gonna Vann", as a former poster once put it so eloquently.
    avatar
    hoom

    Posts : 641
    Points : 639
    Join date : 2016-05-06

    Re: Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich

    Post  hoom on Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:36 am

    I dunno about the smoke but Grigorovich is making yet another excursion to the Med.
    Its maintaining a very high operational tempo.
    Imagine how active they will be when the other 2 ships arrive? Or if they ever get the 2nd group of 3.
    avatar
    SeigSoloyvov

    Posts : 711
    Points : 715
    Join date : 2016-04-08

    Re: Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich

    Post  SeigSoloyvov on Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:01 am

    PapaDragon wrote:
    Vann7 wrote:Putin's Russia doing always what it knows how to do best.
    Being the laughing joke of the world. 
    ................
    It seems Russia navy is trying to take the title away of Britain ,of the worse 
    conditions navy in the world. Look at the Smoke , and this is supposed to be
    Russia "most modern" ,"state of the art" warship. everyone making laughs about 
    Russia "obsolete navy" , whether this is true or not , is not what matters. But what
    more matters in a time of peace Nation image and military strenght is everything. Russia will never encourage respect on its nation if their warship throw more smoke than a coal burning plant. And this  is bad for the image of Russia. If Russia intention is deterrence and security for SYria , then having their best warships in service ,becoming a joke for the poor condition of
    its engines ,is not definitevely the best way for Mr Putin to project strenght.   

    just a few comments from the report so people see what kind of 
    image Russia is sending to the world. 
    ...........................
    So there you have it.. instead of people discussing Russian navy power , you 
    have Europeans and Americans discussing the poor quality conditions of Russian
    engines in their warships. And it was no different with Russia aircraft carrier ,that also
    made headlines and not for anything good. but for poor performance too. Good thing is Russia have many nukes.. but Russia should not be relying only on them for deterrence. Russian nuclear inventory did not saved the Russian pilot shut down by TUrkey ,neither is helping much to help Syria to avoid being partitioned by NATO
    .

    Retard factor is powerful in this one... lol1

    In all fairness I don't think he understands anything that had to do with how the Breakup of the USSR destroyed Russia's ability to produce ships for over a decade, I guess he thinks you can just snap your fingers and problems solved?. The guy clearly lacks knowledge and basic comprehension skills.

    I guess he thinks he could have done a better job then Putin with the state Russia was in?. If so...well he is off his meds.
    avatar
    SeigSoloyvov

    Posts : 711
    Points : 715
    Join date : 2016-04-08

    Re: Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich

    Post  SeigSoloyvov on Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:02 am

    hoom wrote:I dunno about the smoke but Grigorovich is making yet another excursion to the Med.
    Its maintaining a very high operational tempo.
    Imagine how active they will be when the other 2 ships arrive? Or if they ever get the 2nd group of 3.

    Isn't the Essen commissioned already?.
    avatar
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 5749
    Points : 5853
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich

    Post  PapaDragon on Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:22 am


    @SeigSoloyvov

    Vann's rants are legendary in their stupidity

    He recently suggested that Russia is failed state because their helicopters are not made of graphene which would make them indestructible. (I am not making this up!!!)

    Because it makes perfect sense.

    Must be that warp engine development is eating up all the budget funds... lol1

    And MoD is late with lightsaber deliveries to Naval Infantry. Incompetent scum!
    avatar
    SeigSoloyvov

    Posts : 711
    Points : 715
    Join date : 2016-04-08

    Re: Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich

    Post  SeigSoloyvov on Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:49 am

    Graphene makes choppies immune!!!

    My gawd I need to tell my MoD this!!!.

    Well those funds went to train the First regiment of Russian werebears.

    that at three stories high and have a roar so powerful all of NATO would be destoryed.
    avatar
    hoom

    Posts : 641
    Points : 639
    Join date : 2016-05-06

    Re: Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich

    Post  hoom on Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:53 am

    Isn't the Essen commissioned already?.
    Yes but its still in the Baltic.
    avatar
    GarryB

    Posts : 16871
    Points : 17479
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Re: Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich

    Post  GarryB on Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:43 am

    Hahahaha... Van... why are you posting the expert opinion of some Canadian guy we don't even know...

    I realise the canadian navy is a force to be reckoned with and they lead the world in military technology because all their stuff is American.

    But perhaps he is just butt hurt that Russia makes Russian planes and ships and while there was a time when Canada could make aeroplanes they decided to make inferior American planes instead and have never looked back.

    Perhaps when Canada is no longer Americas bitch then they might be worth listening to... otherwise use your own brain and think before you post crap here please.


    _________________
    “The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

    ― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order
    avatar
    Big_Gazza

    Posts : 867
    Points : 885
    Join date : 2014-08-25
    Location : Melbourne, Australia

    Re: Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich

    Post  Big_Gazza on Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:48 pm

    Alex Riquelme is a grade-A1 gold-plated world-champion fuktard on steroids....  A major league Russophobe who posts endless BS on MSM sites about Russia being the shittiest hole on the planet.  He's a moron and a nobody.....

    miroslav

    Posts : 70
    Points : 72
    Join date : 2016-11-16
    Location : Land of Serbia

    Re: Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich

    Post  miroslav on Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:26 pm

    This is an article that came out recently, it states that the Adm. Makaarov did have some difficulty's during the testing of the Shtil-1 SAM, I mention this because there where words that the officials from the government have criticized the industry (Алмаз-Антей) for the delays with Poliment-Redut and Shtil systems.

    As I commented, we saw (as much as we could) that the Shtil-1 is working and that it is tested on the previous 2 ships and that it is a good system, this article "clearly" indicates that this is an isolated case consecrating the installation on the Adm. Makarov. Fortunately it also seas that the problem is dealt with and that the ship is entering the last phase of tests, probably to confirm that everything is working together as it should.


    http://flotprom.ru/2017/%D0%AF%D0%BD%D1%82%D0%B0%D1%80%D1%8C9/
    avatar
    miketheterrible

    Posts : 1562
    Points : 1562
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Re: Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich

    Post  miketheterrible on Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:30 pm

    miroslav wrote:This is an article that came out recently, it states that the Adm. Makaarov did have some difficulty's during the testing of the Shtil-1 SAM, I mention this because there where words that the officials from the government have criticized the industry (Алмаз-Антей) for the delays with Poliment-Redut and Shtil systems.

    As I commented, we saw (as much as we could) that the Shtil-1 is working and that it is tested on the previous 2 ships and that it is a good system, this article "clearly" indicates that this is an isolated case consecrating the installation on the Adm. Makarov. Fortunately it also seas that the problem is dealt with and that the ship is entering the last phase of tests, probably to confirm that everything is working together as it should.


    http://flotprom.ru/2017/%D0%AF%D0%BD%D1%82%D0%B0%D1%80%D1%8C9/

    Good to hear! Shtil-1 has been used on various ships including Chinese, so it came as a surprise it had some trouble.
    avatar
    hoom

    Posts : 641
    Points : 639
    Join date : 2016-05-06

    Re: Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich

    Post  hoom on Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:24 am

    Sweet silhouette photo via Balancers'

    miroslav

    Posts : 70
    Points : 72
    Join date : 2016-11-16
    Location : Land of Serbia

    Re: Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich

    Post  miroslav on Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:34 am

    Finlay some god news on the Adm. Makarov's Shtil-1 system, I doubt that they would release the video if the test wasn't a success.

    Seams that a volley of 2-3 missiles was fired, I love how the ships fire control computer orients the main gun on the target just as son as the missile is lunched in case it goes true, I suppose it does the same with the AK630.

    avatar
    hoom

    Posts : 641
    Points : 639
    Join date : 2016-05-06

    Re: Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich

    Post  hoom on Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:31 am

    Interesting.
    Not sure there is actually more than 1 launch shown, no intercept shown.
    Better than none though dunno

    Gun turning after the launch is pretty interesting, I wonder if they do that to protect the barrel from the launch gas?
    The Puma is facing target the whole time.
    avatar
    TheArmenian

    Posts : 1732
    Points : 1889
    Join date : 2011-09-14

    Re: Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich

    Post  TheArmenian on Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:16 am

    The Admiral Essen has left Kronshtadt and is on its way to Sevastopol... via the Mediterranean sea of course.
    avatar
    George1

    Posts : 10768
    Points : 11247
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich

    Post  George1 on Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:15 am

    Frigate "Admiral Essen" finally goes to the Black Sea Fleet

    On April 28, 2017, the press service of the Southern Military District officially confirmed that the second frigate of Project 11356 "Admiral Essen", built for the Black Sea Fleet (BSF), "began the ransition from the Baltic Fleet to the permanent base" (in Sevastopol).

    On 27 April, the Netherlands Navy Commander and Admiral Benelux, Fleet Lieutenant-General Rob Werkerk, on his page on twitter.com reported that Admiral Essen is on the crossing in the North Sea and near the Dutch coast is accompanied by the Dutch Navy landing ship L 800 Rotterdam.




    The third constructed frigate of the modified project 11356 "Admiral Makarov" is at the factory, and then the state tests since July 2016. Now it is assumed that the ship will be handed over to the Russian Navy in May 2017, and then by the end of the year will also transfer to the Black Sea Fleet. According to the available information, the delay in the State tests of "Admiral Makarov" is connected with the delay in the development of the new 9M317MA anti-aircraft guided missile with an active radar homing head, introduced into the Shtil-1 air defense system.

    http://bmpd.livejournal.com/2576718.html


    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov

    avatar
    Big_Gazza

    Posts : 867
    Points : 885
    Join date : 2014-08-25
    Location : Melbourne, Australia

    Re: Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich

    Post  Big_Gazza on Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:54 am

    So the problems on the Adm Makarov with its Shtil-1 system was due to a new ARH missile variant 9M317MA? Now that is interesting...
    avatar
    hoom

    Posts : 641
    Points : 639
    Join date : 2016-05-06

    Re: Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich

    Post  hoom on Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:03 am

    Interesting indeed.

    Apparently the missile is good for 70km on the Buk-3M but limited to 50km on 11356 by the MR-90 fire control radar not having enough power to illuminate a target further out.

    If they're going to that extra effort its even more bizarre that there might be only 3 ships with it.
    avatar
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 5749
    Points : 5853
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich

    Post  PapaDragon on Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:31 pm

    hoom wrote:Interesting indeed.

    Apparently the missile is good for 70km on the Buk-3M but limited to 50km on 11356 by the MR-90 fire control radar not having enough power to illuminate a target further out.

    If they're going to that extra effort its even more bizarre that there might be only 3 ships with it.

    Not that bizarre, there could be more than 3 and don't forget that Steregushi class also uses Shtil

    Also, exports

    chicken

    Posts : 102
    Points : 107
    Join date : 2014-09-04

    Re: Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich

    Post  chicken on Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:14 pm

    PapaDragon wrote:

    don't forget that Steregushi class also uses Shtil


    Which one?
    avatar
    TheArmenian

    Posts : 1732
    Points : 1889
    Join date : 2011-09-14

    Re: Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich

    Post  TheArmenian on Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:38 pm

    PapaDragon wrote:
    hoom wrote:Interesting indeed.

    Apparently the missile is good for 70km on the Buk-3M but limited to 50km on 11356 by the MR-90 fire control radar not having enough power to illuminate a target further out.

    If they're going to that extra effort its even more bizarre that there might be only 3 ships with it.

    Not that bizarre, there could be more than 3 and don't forget that Steregushi class also uses Shtil

    Also, exports

    Papadragon,

    You are the master of mixing up things.

    Steregushy (pr. 20380) class does not use Shtil. It uses Redut.
    avatar
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 5749
    Points : 5853
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich

    Post  PapaDragon on Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:49 pm

    TheArmenian wrote:....
    Papadragon,

    You are the master of mixing up things.

    Steregushy (pr. 20380) class does not use Shtil. It uses Redut.

    Well crap.... cry

    But how the heck are these in use and Gorshkov that uses same thing has issues?
    avatar
    TheArmenian

    Posts : 1732
    Points : 1889
    Join date : 2011-09-14

    Re: Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich

    Post  TheArmenian on Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:18 pm

    PapaDragon wrote:
    TheArmenian wrote:....
    Papadragon,

    You are the master of mixing up things.

    Steregushy (pr. 20380) class does not use Shtil. It uses Redut.

    Well crap.... cry

    But how the heck are these in use and Gorshkov that uses same thing has issues?

    Here are two good statements to go by:

    - Many of the issues that you hear on forums exist only on forums.
    - There will never be a shortage of emotional, loud and expressive drama queens.


    Sponsored content

    Re: Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:53 am