Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich

SeigSoloyvov
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Re: Project 11356: Admiral Grigorovich

Post  SeigSoloyvov on Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:37 pm

Honesroc wrote:Report: India to Buy 3 Russian Admiral Grigorovich Frigates

https://news.usni.org/2016/08/04/report-india-buy-3-russian-admiral-grigorovich-frigates

that if true is just a dam shame it also shows the engines aren't a year away and they is indeed big problems going on no one wants to admit.

wilhelm
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Post  wilhelm on Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:59 pm

Of course, it is not beyond the realms of possibility that Russia might sell these ships to India...BUT...

Using the USNI (United States Naval Institute) as a supportive source on anything Russian related, and on this site no less, is a complete waste of time.
    Type "Russia" into the search bar, and you will get all the slanted type of articles aimed at Russia you will need for a lifetime. They don't even pretend to be subtle, or hide it.

Honesroc
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post  Honesroc on Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:26 am

wilhelm wrote:Of course, it is not beyond the realms of possibility that Russia might sell these ships to India...BUT...

Using the USNI (United States Naval Institute) as a supportive source on anything Russian related, and on this site no less, is a complete waste of time.
    Type "Russia" into the search bar, and you will get all the slanted type of articles aimed at Russia you will need for a lifetime. They don't even pretend to be subtle, or hide it.

My apologies - I'll stick to Sputnik News from here on out

PapaDragon
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  PapaDragon on Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:16 am

Honesroc wrote:
    wilhelm wrote:Of course, it is not beyond the realms of possibility that Russia might sell these ships to India...BUT...

No need to jump at each other's throats here.

My issue is not with the outlet that published article but with the source.

Indian sources are not exempt from embellishing facts and theories and speculations about sale of those ship have been flying around for several years already.

Let's all just wait for official word.

hoom
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Post  hoom on Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:49 am

I hope this is not true.
    If it is going on, presumably indicates the domestic engines are considerably further off than next year.

USNI article is quoting Janes, who quote 'defense ministry sources', could be just the old quotes, could be legit new info though.

On the bright side if they do go ahead with sale more effort can be put on the 22350 engines (or start working on a new gen based off PD-14?)

hoom
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Post  hoom on Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:41 am

Finally found a pic confirming that is an EO ball (when I say EO, I'm assuming includes IR/UV, laser range finder etc)

wilhelm
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Post  wilhelm on Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:48 am

Honesroc wrote:

Stupid comment. I never mentioned Sputnik.

Honesroc
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post  Honesroc on Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:38 pm

wilhelm wrote:
    Honesroc wrote:

Stupid comment. I never mentioned Sputnik.

You've missed my point.

PapaDragon
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  PapaDragon on Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:39 pm

One more thing I forgot to add: Ukraine has also refused to provide engines for Gepard class frigates that are built for Vietnam and that caused completion and delivery to be delayed. I don't see why they would agree to deliver engines for India when they already refused Vietnam.

TheArmenian
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  TheArmenian on Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:08 pm

PapaDragon wrote:
    One more thing I forgot to add: Ukraine has also refused to provide engines for Gepard class frigates that are built for Vietnam and that caused completion and delivery to be delayed. I don't see why they would agree to deliver engines for India when they already refused Vietnam.
    The Ukrops eventualy agreed to deliver the engines after immense pressure from Vietnam.
    Twose 2 Gepards are now launched and being completed. They will be in Vietnam later this year or next. There are photos of them.
    But Vietnam will no longer order these Gepards with Ukrainian engines. They are now insisting on Russian engines for any additional future Gepard purchases.

Regarding the next trio of Grigoroviches, you guys should know that the third Gorshkov class frigate (Admiral Isakov) will be launched in November. That unit will be the first to get the Russian built turbines. Priority will be for the Gorshkovs. Grigoroviches will have to wait a bit longer. So, might as well sell the second trio of Grigoroviches to India rather than keep them(they occupy space in the yard and cost money to upkeep).

PapaDragon
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  PapaDragon on Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:01 pm

TheArmenian wrote:.........
    But Vietnam will no longer order these Gepards with Ukrainian engines. They are now insisting on Russian engines for any additional future Gepard purchases.

Regarding the next trio of Grigoroviches, you guys should know that the third Gorshkov class frigate (Admiral Isakov) will be launched in November. That unit will be the first to get the Russian built turbines. Priority will be for the Gorshkovs. Grigoroviches will have to wait a bit longer. So, might as well sell the second trio of Grigoroviches to India rather than keep them(they occupy space in the yard and cost money to upkeep).

Didn't Gepards and Grigorevich use same model of engines? So they still need compatible engine if they want to sell more ships to Vietnam. Or I might be wrong?

Either way once engines for Gorshkovs are ready they need to do with them what they already done with 22800 Karakurts- launch production simultaneously in several shipyards. Only thing that makes sense now. If necessary put corvette production on hold for several years in order to catch up with frigates.

Gorshkov/Karakurt combo will be more than superior option to spreading fleet thin with additional corvettes in the mix. Corvettes can wait for a while and frigates can easily do their job.

SeigSoloyvov
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Post  SeigSoloyvov on Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:17 pm

India to buy the three remain Grigorovichs.

http://sputniknews.com/military/20160807/1044033499/india-russia-navy-frigate-military.html

PapaDragon
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  PapaDragon on Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:23 pm

SeigSoloyvov wrote:India to buy the three remain Grigorovichs.

http://sputniknews.com/military/20160807/1044033499/india-russia-navy-frigate-military.html

This article quotes same old source from Jane's. Nothing new here.

PapaDragon
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  PapaDragon on Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:06 pm

Another 11356 under construction

hoom
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Post  hoom on Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:50 am

Thats just #6 of the BSF order isn't it?

PapaDragon
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  PapaDragon on Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:53 am

hoom wrote:Thats just #6 of the BSF order isn't it?

Don't know.

Here is original article:

http://www.sdelanounas.ru/blogs/82049/

hoom
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Post  hoom on Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:17 am

Yeah its 01362 which is/was going to be Admiral Kornilov.
    Seems they never officially laid it down, but are building anyway.

George1
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  George1 on Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:38 pm

i am confused. Last 3 ships of BSF order will be completed for Russian Navy or will be sold to India?

SeigSoloyvov
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Post  SeigSoloyvov on Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:12 pm

George1 wrote:i am confused. Last 3 ships of BSF order will be completed for Russian Navy or will be sold to India?

I seen something that said the last three will be commissioned by 2022, so if thats accurate then no. This would also mean engines are a long ways away and Russia lied about having them so soon.

GarryB
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  GarryB on Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:42 am

Russia has said it will be able to produce the new engines by 2018... it never said anything about mass production or even production capacity or production of spare parts.

“The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion […] but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.”

― Samuel P. Huntington, The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

Singular_trafo
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Post  Singular_trafo on Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:43 pm

GarryB wrote:Russia has said it will be able to produce the new engines by 2018... it never said anything about mass production or even production capacity or production of spare parts.

It is not the engine that challange, but the transmission.

Helicopter engine manufacturers can make transmission for these ships.

SeigSoloyvov
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Post  SeigSoloyvov on Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:26 pm

GarryB wrote:Russia has said it will be able to produce the new engines by 2018... it never said anything about mass production or even production capacity or production of spare parts.

Going purely by time basis if the ships wont be in service tell 2021-22 it does not take 3 years for sea trails. nor should it take them a year to put the engines into the ships, the engines wont be done by that time going by such a date.

Is all I am saying.

hoom
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Post  hoom on Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:45 am

From Balancers' forum

I don't even... dunno

Also: Grigorovich has recently gone out to the Med, seems to be officially doing a bit of 'show the flag' but I'm expecting it to show up off Syria & launch some Calibr sooner or later.

PapaDragon
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post  PapaDragon on Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:56 pm

Admiral Makarov started testing

http://sdelanounas.ru/blogs/84555/

hoom
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Post  hoom on Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:12 am

Grigorovich is back at Sevastopol, apparently was just a short trip to Corfu.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content Today at 11:14 pm

Current date/time is Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:14 pm