Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+72
Isos
higurashihougi
william.boutros
marcellogo
dino00
Hole
LMFS
Batajnica
Jhonwick3
The-thing-next-door
kopyo-21
d_taddei2
jhelb
Big_Gazza
Cheetah
T-47
ATLASCUB
AmbiOpinion
PapaDragon
hoom
marat
Rmf
franco
miketheterrible
Benya
rambo54
x_54_u43
max steel
GunshipDemocracy
OminousSpudd
Book.
KRATOS1133
Viktor
sepheronx
Mike E
eridan
Indian Flanker
Werewolf
AlfaT8
sheytanelkebir
Deep Throat
Vann7
zino
zg18
magnumcromagnon
calripson
mack8
xeno
Morpheus Eberhardt
ali.a.r
Cyberspec
Karria
Hachimoto
KomissarBojanchev
Rpg type 7v
gaurav
collegeboy16
George1
Sujoy
Zivo
flamming_python
gloriousfatherland
Mindstorm
TR1
TheArmenian
Stealthflanker
IronsightSniper
GarryB
Admin
Austin
medo
Russian Patriot
76 posters

Pantsir-S1 News Thread:

GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

Pantsir-S1 News Thread: - Page 31 Empty Re: Pantsir-S1 News Thread:

Post  GunshipDemocracy Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:44 pm

PapaDragon wrote: 50-60km range should put this thing in Shtil category. Equipping Karakurts with these things would put those boats in whole other league (as if they weren't already)  

Yeah we need only to add Pakets and I am fine with Karakurts geek geek geek

GarryB wrote:
    I don't see why upgrades to the missiles and systems could not be applied to Army units vehicles and naval forces... especially the latter with the 4 warhead anti drone missiles... they would be useful against a mass attack of subsonic anti ship missiles...

that is cool idea. 8x4 - with incoming faster the any gun round gives les time to maneuver. I guess this is preparation for super-hiperosnic missiles from US side.
    Energy of incoming missile makes it actually good kinetic kill vehicle. I the faster target flies in the more energy can release.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:08 am

Energy of incoming missile makes it actually good kinetic kill vehicle. I the faster target flies in the more energy can release.

A hypersonic Pantsir missile could have a long narrow column of HE down the centre of the missile payload area and metal cubes around the charge... assuming the same warhead payload capacity as Hermes, it should allow a half kilo of HE and 29.5kgs of metal cubes... a tenth of a sec before impact the HE charge starts to scatter the metal cubes... by the time of impact they should form a mass a couple of metres wide and a metre or so deep... a serious shotgun blast of fragments...

Even for larger targets such a warhead would be effective because it spreads the damage, while for smaller targets it increases the chance of a hit.

Of course instead of a column through the middle as a spreading charge it might be an idea to have a charge at the rear to blow the fragments forward like a claymore mine and get a concentrated scattering of fragments directed at the target based on the sensor information from the terminal seeker... if there is one, or by command from the launcher based on the position of the missile relative to the target just before impact...
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Post  GunshipDemocracy Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:07 am

GarryB wrote:
    Of course instead of a column through the middle as a spreading charge it might be an idea to have a charge at the rear to blow the fragments forward like a claymore mine and get a concentrated scattering of fragments directed at the target based on the sensor information from the terminal seeker... if there is one, or by command from the launcher based on the position of the missile relative to the target just before impact...

would electronics work with such accelerations?
    Jhonwick3

Pantsir-S1 News Thread: - Page 31 Empty Russian Army's Pantsir-S2 anti-aircraft missile system in a live firing demonstration

Post  Jhonwick3 Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:40 am

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:36 am

This here gentlemen is how you do Pantsir like a pro.

Version on Kamaz Tornado armoured truck thumbsup

Pantsir-S1 News Thread: - Page 31 5338737_original

More: https://bmpd.livejournal.com/3142610.html
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:18 pm

would electronics work with such accelerations?

Don't see any reason why they would not work... the system tracks the outgoing missile and the incoming target and sends command corrections for the missile to adapt its flight to an intercept course with the target... when the missile is a fraction of a second from the target it can command an explosion of the warhead to scatter the fragments... the computer will already know the expansion rate of the warhead mass of fragments... so for different targets you can set it off at different times... early for big targets to get impacts all over the target and later for smaller targets to increase the concentration of fragments on impact...

Model S-300 missiles have various detonators and just before impact with the target the direction of the target is used to determine which fuse is set off... the position within the explosive of the initial detonation determines the direction the fragments are thrown, so the fragments will be thrown at where the target is at the point of interception... maximising damage.
    TheArmenian
    TheArmenian

Post  TheArmenian Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:23 am

PapaDragon wrote:

More:   https://bmpd.livejournal.com/3142610.html

This is the Pantsir -SM undergoing testing at the Ashuluk.

Video:
    d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Post  d_taddei2 Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:56 am

PapaDragon wrote:

now this I like any pics on a tracked version?
    Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:17 am

now this I like any pics on a tracked version?

You had tracked version since the begining on the same plateforme as tungunska. You also have the arctic version.
    Batajnica
    Batajnica

Pantsir-S1 News Thread: - Page 31 Empty Is the Russian Army equipped with Pantsir-s or Pantsir-s1system?

Post  Batajnica Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:25 pm

Is this system only equipped with the Russian Air Force?

This is a good army air defense system
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:55 am

Still relatively new, but the navy will get some as well as air force and aerospace defence force most likely to defend their larger SAMs from munitions attacks.

I suspect UAE will also buy and after the recent attack on Syria by the west I suspect sales of BUK and Pantsir to greatly increase...

Note the army equivalent of Pantsir would be a combination of Tunguska and TOR... in an Army force they used to have a gun/missile and a missile battalion... ZSU-57-2 or Shilka and SA-9 or SA-13 for the gun/missile and SA-8 for the missile, but since Tunguska it has been a gun/missile battalion with Tunguska and some SA-13 and a missile battalion with the SA-8 slowly replaced by the very expensive but also very capable SA-15 TOR.

Note the navy will also use a combination of TOR and Pantsir and I suspect that Tunguska will be replaced with a tracked version of Pantsir.
    dino00
    dino00

Post  dino00 Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:29 pm

Russia to Conduct Tests of Upgraded Pantsir-SM System by End of 2019

Russia plans to carry out acceptance tests of a modernized Pantsir-SM surface-to-air missile and anti-aircraft artillery weapon system with an extended range before the end of 2019, while flight tests for an upgraded missile may take place this year, Russian state corporation Rostec CEO, Sergey Chemezov told Sputnik

https://sputniknews.com/military/201808201067323469-russia-rostec-defense-missile-system/
    dino00
    dino00

Post  dino00 Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:37 am

Took the fly: "Shell"(pantsir) taught to fight with "phantoms"
    Anti-aircraft complexes have learned to accurately distinguish drone from false targets

Anti-aircraft complexes "Pantsir" can now be guaranteed to destroy enemy drones. The renewed anti-aircraft complex is able to detect and identify small aircrafts, for example multi-copters, and shoot them down with standard guns and missiles. For this purpose, Russian developers have created a special algorithm for the software of the anti-aircraft complex. On the account of the updated "Shells" several dozen shot down in Syria drones, launched by the militants. According to military experts, thanks to the completion of "Pantsir" began to pose a mortal threat to quadrocopters, multicopters and other microdrons.

The Defense Ministry told Izvestia that at present the modernized Pantsir is being tested in the Armed Forces of Russia. According to Izvestia, the first updated anti-aircraft systems have already arrived at the airbase of Khmeimim in Syria, where a record number of drones has recently been destroyed.

"Over the past month, 45 unmanned aerial vehicles equipped with improvised explosive devices have been destroyed by means of air defense or electronic warfare," said the official representative of the Russian Defense Ministry, Major-General Igor Konashenkov.

This success was achieved thanks to the good work of the modernized version of "Shell". The ZRPK was able to find small targets at any time of the day and under the most unfavorable weather conditions. Earlier, the airborne radar of the anti-aircraft complex could accept small drones for so-called ghosts, or phantoms, that is, reflections of the radar signal from birds, air currents and other anomalies.

More:
    https://iz.ru/778755/aleksandr-kruglov-bogdan-stepovoi/vziali-na-mushku-pantcir-nauchili-borotsia-s-fantomami
    LMFS
    LMFS

Post  LMFS Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:43 am

dino00 wrote:Took the fly: "Shell"(pantsir) taught to fight with "phantoms"
    Anti-aircraft complexes have learned to accurately distinguish drone from false targets
    That must be Russian way of saying "thanks!" to the CIA boys for providing the targets and the training lol1
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Post  GunshipDemocracy Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:49 am

dino00 wrote:Russia to Conduct Tests of Upgraded Pantsir-SM System by End of 2019

Russia plans to carry out acceptance tests of a modernized Pantsir-SM surface-to-air missile and anti-aircraft artillery weapon system with an extended range before the end of 2019, while flight tests for an upgraded missile may take place this year, Russian state corporation Rostec CEO, Sergey Chemezov told Sputnik

https://sputniknews.com/military/201808201067323469-russia-rostec-defense-missile-system/

Talking bout Pantsir SM -

The product is developed within the framework of the work" Pantsir-SM. "This is a multi-purpose aiming station, which allows almost doubling the range of the" shell ".In addition, a radar module with an active phased array," said Khomyakov.

He recalled that the aiming range of the existing "Pantsir-S1" complex is about 20 kilometers, and in the new version the range will increase to 40 kilometers.

At the same time, the new "Shell" will be able to detect targets at a distance of 75 kilometers (against 40 kilometers in the current modification), added Khomyakov.
    According to him, the components of the new anti-aircraft complex are being tested now. The timing of the completion of the tests, he did not specify.

Подробнее на ТАСС:
    http://tass.ru/armiya-i-opk/3682156

Pantsir-S1 News Thread: - Page 31 PANCIR-SM_180310_01

Then in March 2018:

The range of the Pantsir anti-aircraft missile and gun system can increase to 60 km thanks to the use of hypersonic missiles, a source in the defense industrial complex told Interfax. "At the moment, work is underway to create hypersonic rockets for the Shell. It is planned to bring the range of the complex to 50-60 kilometers, "the source said. The general director of the Holding "High-Precision Complexes" Alexander Denisov reported in 2013 that for the complex "works, including hypersound, are underway." "(Works - IF) are conducted quite successfully," A. Denisov said. At the moment the range of the complex is about 20 km. According to the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation, since 2018 the upgraded version of the complex, "Pantsir-SM", should begin to enter the troops. Thanks to the new sighting locator, the range of detection and guidance of missiles is 40 km. INTERFAX-AVN
    Источник: http://bastion-opk.ru/pantsir-sm/ ОВТ «ОРУЖИЕ ОТЕЧЕСТВА» A.V.Karpenko

http://bastion-opk.ru/pantsir-sm/

Pantsir-S1 News Thread: - Page 31 PANCIR-SM_161007_01

GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Post  GunshipDemocracy Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:51 am

LMFS wrote:
    That must be Russian way of saying "thanks!" to the CIA boys for providing the targets and the training lol1

This is how CIA fights with ISIL - thanks to US drone tech Russians learn to better fight real terrorists thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup
    dino00
    dino00

Post  dino00 Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:29 pm

About the Pantsir-SM i think they expect to BE accepted before the end 2019 40 km range.
    They talk now about Pantsir-SM 1 to test This year 50-60 km range
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Post  GunshipDemocracy Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:58 pm

dino00 wrote:About the Pantsir-SM i think they expect to BE accepted before the end 2019 40 km range.

I guess you're right. I didnt dig deep in versions of Pantsir. For me the question is why such a range?! it is not gonna be SHORAD anymore. On maritime platforms PAntsir is going to be a perfect platform for Corvettes or patrol bats.
    dino00
    dino00

Post  dino00 Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:25 pm

GunshipDemocracy wrote:
    dino00 wrote:About the Pantsir-SM i think they expect to BE accepted before the end 2019 40 km range.

I guess you're right. I didnt dig  deep in versions of Pantsir. For me the question is why such a range?! it is not gonna be SHORAD anymore. On maritime platforms PAntsir is going to be a perfect platform for Corvettes or patrol bats.

I think its Pantsir-S1M the name of the improved range... Pantsir is a Beast...if a company is doing a great job, on schedule, cheap...please proceed
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Post  GunshipDemocracy Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:25 am

dino00 wrote:
    I think its Pantsir-S1M the name of the improved range...

I m sure you're right. I've lost track in many suffixes (S1, S2, M - for navalized and now new models) - all names are ok for me Very Happy

Pantsir is a Beast...if a company is doing a great job, on schedule, cheap...please proceed

meh it is nice but only to nice guys lol1 lol1 lol1
    dino00
    dino00

Post  dino00 Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:02 am

Far from sure...but some Russian news start call That
    The fog about the missiles being tsted will dissipated...
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:45 am

Pantsir-S2 already fielded AESA radar which is already used as well for ships too. This is a more advanced AESA radar.
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:16 pm

Russia to launch serial production of advanced air defense missile/gun systems in 2019

The latest Pantsyr-SM version is set to get a new high-speed missile whose range has been doubled to 40km

KUBINKA, August 22. /TASS/. The serial production of the latest Pantsyr-SM air defense missile/gun system will begin in 2019, the press office of High Precision Systems (the weapon’s developer) told TASS at the Army-2018 international military and technical forum on Wednesday.

"The serial production of the air defense missile/gun system is planned to begin from late 2019," the press office said.

The first Pantsyr-SM prototypes have been made and their "trials are being held in compliance with the timeframe set by a state contract," the press office added.

The Russian defense industry is developing the Pantsyr-SM to replace Pantsyr-S1 systems operational in the troops. The latest Pantsyr-SM version is set to get a new high-speed missile whose range has been doubled to 40km. Pantsyr systems are designated for close-in defense of civilian and military installations, including long-range air defense missile complexes.

More:
    http://tass.com/defense/1018160
    Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:31 am

Anything about this smaller missile for Pantsir?

Pantsir-S1 News Thread: - Page 31 001110
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Post  GunshipDemocracy Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:42 am

Hole wrote:Anything about this smaller missile for Pantsir?

Small sized missile 4 packs in one antsir tube for fighting drones/ precision ammo.  Feature: much cheaper then standard Pantsir missiles.

Pantsir-S1 News Thread: - Page 31 4583654_original

here results Pantsir in Syria as for last year.

http://keep4u.ru/image/StrmZ

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:48 am