Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

Pantsir-S1 News Thread:

Hole

Re: Pantsir-S1 News Thread:

Post  Hole on Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:31 pm

Anything about this smaller missile for Pantsir?

GunshipDemocracy

Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

Post  GunshipDemocracy on Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:42 am

Hole wrote:Anything about this smaller missile for Pantsir?

Small sized missile 4 packs in one antsir tube for fighting drones/ precision ammo.  Feature: much cheaper then standard Pantsir missiles.

here results Pantsir in Syria as for last year.

http://keep4u.ru/image/StrmZ
    Hole

Post  Hole on Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:17 am

I wanted to know it the small missile will be put in service. And when.
    GunshipDemocracy

Post  GunshipDemocracy on Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:46 pm

Hole wrote:I wanted to know it the small missile will be put in service. And when.

it was already tested in Syria and to my understanding is now already. At least there. Surely all updates will come sith SM.
    GarryB

Post  GarryB on Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:31 am

That is very interesting... when they talked about four missiles per launch tube I thought what they meant was each missile was fitted with four separate warheads... which I thought was both clever but potentially wasteful... what if there were only three drone targets?

Having four separate missiles in each launch tube means the standard 12 tube load out means potentially 48 missiles per vehicle launcher and just under 300 missiles per battery of 6 vehicles.

Of course I would expect these new missiles would not have the 40km-60km range of the new missiles... perhaps they realised that if the standard sized missiles could manage hitting targets at 40km and soon 60km range then they could make them smaller and still able to hit targets at 12-20km... and that much of the time that was all that was needed.

They pretty much did the same with TOR and BUK where they have increased the number of missiles per launcher in the later models by reducing the size of the missiles but also increasing performance... the latest model TOR has 16 ready to fire missiles instead of 8, and the latest model BUK has 6 missiles ready to launch instead of 4.

I would say they would mix the loadout with large rockets to allow the engagement of aircraft at standoff ranges (40km and later 60km), but also have half or more with these much smaller missiles... so you could fire each missile, one at a time each at its own target without wasting excess warheads.

The Naval model would have 8 missiles on the launcher, plus another 24 in internal reloading magazines, which means a total of 32 missiles of the large size and 128 missiles per gun mount if they use the compact quad pack tubes... that is pretty impressive.

In fact that mini missile looks so small you could probably set it up in a ground based launch tube with a remote control system and use it instead of MANPADS... there was an individual Grad rocket launch tube available for special forces... having a single launch tube for a small Pantsir missile would be very potent... 20k range and the ability to hit targets with no IR sensor that DIRCMS could defeat... just a question of how small the guidance kit would be... Borrowing the Kornet-EM system should allow 10km effective range at least...
    GunshipDemocracy

Post  GunshipDemocracy on Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:04 pm

GarryB wrote:

Of course I would expect these new missiles would not have the 40km-60km range of the new missiles...

those wil be to me for fighters before they reach you.

They pretty much did the same with TOR and BUK where they have increased the number of missiles per launcher in the later models by reducing the size of the missiles but also increasing performance... the latest model TOR has 16 ready to fire missiles instead of 8, and the latest model BUK has 6 missiles ready to launch instead of 4.

To the answer is : cruise missile saturation attacks. One salvo in Syria had 100 CMs. You dotn have tome to reload otherwise you might end up like Syrian Pantsir...

The Naval model would have 8 missiles on the launcher, plus another 24 in internal reloading magazines, which means a total of 32 missiles of the large size and 128 missiles per gun mount if they use the compact quad pack tubes... that is pretty impressive.

That is actually great news. 22800 having 12 long range missiles + 8 small in initial load...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:11 am