Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+58
Ned86
PhSt
Scorpius
The-thing-next-door
LMFS
SolidarityWithRussia
Stealthflanker
Karl Haushofer
marcellogo
calripson
Airbornewolf
franco
ArgentinaGuard
Odin of Ossetia
dionis
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
par far
lancelot
Firebird
mr_hd
Rasisuki Nebia
Big_Gazza
ucmvulcan
DerWolf
Rodion_Romanovic
TMA1
Lapain
RTN
Krepost
kvs
Backman
Belisarius
lyle6
teh_beard
d_taddei2
sepheronx
thegopnik
Isos
Pacense
Tolstoy
ALAMO
nomadski
Pincus Shain
Walther von Oldenburg
Regular
Arrow
Sujoy
Kiko
Hole
VARGR198
JohninMK
pavi
zorobabel
Mir
SeigSoloyvov
PapaDragon
mnztr
GarryB
62 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #52

GarryB
    GarryB

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #52 - Page 23 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #52

Post  GarryB Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:29 am

If I were one of the shot callers in Russia I would make it clear that if another a-50 gets touched, even by "bird strike", then I would call for the destruction of western elint working for Ukraine even in natosphere countries.

I think it makes sense to minimise the casualties of the average Ukrainian... except when they put on a uniform and start shooting back, but I think the time of professional courtesy is over and that any HATO advisors in an official or unofficial capacity should be priority targets... they created this war in the first place and their presence is prolonging it so why spare them? It is not like the west spares Russian troops or PMCs anywhere else on the planet.

Personally I would have hit the US embassy years ago in the middle of the day to wipe out the US infrastructure keeping the Ukraine working and at the same time start the clearing of the rot that has ruined the place to start with... I am hoping they are waiting till the time is right to get all the people they want to get at once but I suspect they are just being nice... which I don't understand in this case because the west and the EU and the US have repeatedly done everything they could to escalate this conflict and to kill Russians and Ukrainians who don't hate Russians.

d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs and jon_deluxe like this post

d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #52 - Page 23 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #52

Post  d_taddei2 Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:38 am

JohninMK wrote:Real desperation. It looks like the strikes hit the right factories.

Ukraine's Minister of Digital Transformation, Mikhail Fedorov, has urged Ukrainians to assemble FPV drones for the Armed Forces of Ukraine at home. Authorities in Kiev believe this will kick-start the mass production of drones.

The minister advised Ukrainians to undergo free training and assemble drones themselves. According to him, production is now developing, and while companies are gaining momentum, citizens "can personally lead Ukraine to victory, even on the home front". He spoke of one such initiative, the People's Drone project, which involves building 7-inch FPV drones at home.

While the Ukrainian government steals foreign aid, citizens are encouraged to build drones at home. To each his own.

@ukraine_watch

Am waiting for them to tell Ukrainians to start making 152mm, 122mm, artillery shells in their homes. lol!

Ukraine admitted that the strikes on the 13th destroyed facilities making 122mm, 152mm shells and 125mm tank rounds. Something the west struggles to supply them with.

Currently it seems the west can now only supply very small quantities of arms and ammo and the largest thing they can supply is money. But even that is nothing more than a sticking plaster.

GarryB, Airbornewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs, JohninMK, Rodion_Romanovic, zardof and like this post

lancelot
    lancelot

Post  lancelot Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:02 am

Stealthflanker wrote:That's actually terrifying tho. Why that Buk run loose ? Does it not operate in conjunction with higher echelon (e.g 9S18 radar).  Tho also make sense for Buk as the TELAR have NO IFF whatsoever even the latest Buk dont have them.  Why ? emmission security, can't risk the battery being exposed just because it tries to interrogate.
    I don't think a lot of the Buk systems the Russians operate have had serious upgrades done to them. Probably basically operating with Soviet era capabilities. I doubt all of them were upgraded to the Buk M1-2 and M2 variants.

As for the problem of being unable to interrogate the target that could basically be solved by sending the information on friendly aircraft on a one way encrypted channel which the Buk trailer would passively read without doing any emissions of its own. This would then be overlaid on the radar data and help with target classification.

kvs and jon_deluxe like this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:53 am

For what its worth. Why no picture of Austin in his bed with a thumbs up sign? Or no photo of him arriving home, I'm sure it is staked out with camera holding curious people?

Peacemaker
    @peacemaket71
    Lloyd Austin...dead? conspiracy?

According to an FSB agent, Russian intelligence has tracked up to 8 of Austin's trips from Poland to Ukraine since early 2023. “We knew Austin was in the Ukraine and discovered their meeting place.” Twenty cruise missiles, he said, destroyed buildings on the surface and collapsed a labyrinth of interconnected chambers underground. A battle damage assessment revealed that the impact destroyed structures and created craters, leaving only rubble. “Nothing on this earth will survive what we sent. Yes, he is dead. They must be dead," the FSB agent said, adding that the targets were Ukrainian army commanders and Austin was just a bonus.

The American side described this information as absolute nonsense, since, according to them, Minister Austin is in a hospital in the USA, where he was hospitalized for a urinary tract infection. Even before that, he allegedly underwent prostate surgery.

Without taking into account the claims of the Russian FSB about Austin's death, there are huge inconsistencies in the American claims and opinions, and suspicion is also raised by the stinginess of specific information, or perhaps a current photo from the hospital bed. For one thing, news of Austin's absence began to trickle out relatively late, with backdating and odd explanations such as that no one knew the US defense secretary was being treated for prostate cancer. From Telegram

d_taddei2, zardof, Hole and lancelot like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:21 pm

I hope he is alive. That dude is so stupid. But like Obama he thinks he is the smartest guy in the room.
    His early departure would be a loss for Russia. lol1

GarryB, ahmedfire, Big_Gazza, kvs, JohninMK, Rodion_Romanovic, LMFS and like this post

Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E

Post  Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:33 pm

Since there were and are no pictures of the A50, to the rescue of which (fire and smoke at the place), the IL-22 remains, which also came back again. Nevertheless, it should be warning enough and be learned from it.

GarryB likes this post

Stealthflanker
    Stealthflanker

Post  Stealthflanker Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:15 pm

lancelot wrote:
    I don't think a lot of the Buk systems the Russians operate have had serious upgrades done to them. Probably basically operating with Soviet era capabilities. I doubt all of them were upgraded to the Buk M1-2 and M2 variants.

As for the problem of being unable to interrogate the target that could basically be solved by sending the information on friendly aircraft on a one way encrypted channel which the Buk trailer would passively read without doing any emissions of its own. This would then be overlaid on the radar data and help with target classification.

Well regardless on the upgrade on TELAR. Buk Battery should be operating together with an early warning/battle management radar. The job of IFF is delegated to 9S18 Radar. The Buk TELAR itself since its inception back in 70's already have a wireless datalink antenna which it can receive designation data. The feature is already there since the beginning.

If something went wrong then it's either incorrect designation data was provided or the Buk just run loose.

=======
    And regarding the A-50.. well fighterbomber telgram channel finally being open that it's lost. Some other channel claimed it landed but nothing concrete. The final confirmation would probably discovery of aircraft parts beached somewhere along the coast of Crimea or elsewhere.

If it's really lost tho. it's kinda sign of serious incompetence, like how the hell people down there cant identify a lumbering A-50 which clearly have so much different signature than whatever Ukraine have. or did the VKS aerospace and air defense unit just dont talk to eachother, which itself is insanity of its own.
    zorobabel
    zorobabel

Post  zorobabel Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:19 pm

If fighterbomber confirmed it, it's gone.
    Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:19 pm

Stealthflanker wrote:

=======
    And regarding the A-50.. well fighterbomber telgram channel finally being open that it's lost. Some other channel claimed it landed but nothing concrete.  The final confirmation would probably discovery of aircraft parts beached somewhere along the coast of Crimea or elsewhere.

If it's really lost tho. it's kinda sign of serious incompetence, like how the hell people down there cant identify a lumbering A-50 which clearly have so much different signature than whatever Ukraine have. or did the VKS aerospace and air defense unit just dont talk to eachother, which itself is insanity of its own.

Unfortunately it would seem so, although no evidence as of yet, but if it was shot down, I doubt the MOD wants any pictures made public

Anyway it's sad, and there's a lot of speculation

On one hand it is said to be a failure of unified commands of the PVO and the VKS which led to a friendly fire incident

On the other, bold claims about Patriot and some kind of deceptive tactics used

Without evidence , it's pointless to speculate, but it would be very very disappointing that these issues persist across the front
    thegopnik
    thegopnik

Post  thegopnik Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:59 pm

GarryB, franco, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, zardof and LMFS like this post

Karl Haushofer

Post  Karl Haushofer Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:19 pm

TMA1 wrote:Do not trust it. Frankly if there was any natosphere involvement then missiles should hit at least two elint aircraft the west is flying bear the conflict zone. And no I do not mean a drone. I mean the top tier stuff. In fact it is time Russia poked NATO in both eyes.

Then let them do what they want. Tit for that on any horseshit they pulled.

Russian red lines have been crossed too many times already. The NATO knows Russia will not do anything no matter how many red lines are crossed.
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:36 pm

GarryB wrote:
    If I were one of the shot callers in Russia I would make it clear that if another a-50 gets touched, even by "bird strike", then I would call for the destruction of western elint working for Ukraine even in natosphere countries.

I think it makes sense to minimise the casualties of the average Ukrainian... except when they put on a uniform and start shooting back, but I think the time of professional courtesy is over and that any HATO advisors in an official or unofficial capacity should be priority targets... they created this war in the first place and their presence is prolonging it so why spare them? It is not like the west spares Russian troops or PMCs anywhere else on the planet.

Personally I would have hit the US embassy years ago in the middle of the day to wipe out the US infrastructure keeping the Ukraine working and at the same time start the clearing of the rot that has ruined the place to start with... I am hoping they are waiting till the time is right to get all the people they want to get at once but I suspect they are just being nice... which I don't understand in this case because the west and the EU and the US have repeatedly done everything they could to escalate this conflict and to kill Russians and Ukrainians who don't hate Russians.

Then you would have triggered the start of a war that would lead to nuclear war and you are more insane and deranged then any NATO person is.

Also, this is war any russian military assist is fair game and trying to say otherwise is pretty dam stupid.
    Belisarius

Post  Belisarius Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:50 pm

Fighterbomber exaggerated the scale of the damage from Ukraine's attack on the airfield near Rostov. They claimed that Ukraine shot down a Su-34 at the end of last year and so far no concrete evidence has been presented they even lied about a Russian pilot being killed in Voronezh, Fighterbomber confirmations prove nothing.

sepheronx, GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs, zepia, Rodion_Romanovic, LMFS and like this post

thegopnik
    thegopnik

Post  thegopnik Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:04 pm

damn it, it seems my post failed to segway the thread back to the war at hand then talking about the 2 aircrafts the entire time.

GarryB and franco like this post

lancelot
    lancelot

Post  lancelot Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:16 pm

SeigSoloyvov wrote:Then you would have triggered the start of a war that would lead to nuclear war and you are more insane and deranged then any NATO person is.
    Also, this is war any russian military assist is fair game and trying to say otherwise is pretty dam stupid.
    Why not? The US bombed the Chinese embassy in Belgrade. It would be fair game if Russia bombed the US embassy in Ukraine.

sepheronx, GarryB, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs and Rodion_Romanovic like this post

Arrow

Post  Arrow Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:18 pm

Why not? The US bombed the Chinese embassy in Belgrade. It would be fair game if Russia bombed the US embassy. wrote:

Unlike the US, Russia does not have the balls to bomb the US embassy.
    SolidarityWithRussia

Post  SolidarityWithRussia Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:45 pm

Did Russia really loose its A-50 AWACS aircraft? That would be horrible news. I think even worse than the loss of the Moskwa.
    Yesterday I listened to Alexander Mercouris podcast. I did not pay too much attention when he talked about the claims that some Russian planes were shot down, because I did not know he was talking about high value targets, but afaik he doubts that the claims are true.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:03 pm

Arrow wrote:

Unlike the US, Russia does not have the balls to bomb the US embassy.

Maybe they have out of date maps like NATO had of Belgrade, showing the Kiev embassy to be a warehouse and the main TV site to be a military repeater. Very Happy

GarryB, franco, d_taddei2 and lancelot like this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:34 pm

Ukrainian statehood could soon suffer serious blow – Putin

Kiev bears full responsibility for the situation in which it finds itself, the Russian president said

The president said Kiev’s offensive had not only catastrophically failed, but all the initiative on the battlefield had also ended up with the Russian forces.

“If things carry on this way, Ukrainian statehood could be dealt an irreparable and very serious blow,” warned Putin, arguing that Kiev was fully responsible for this situation, which was a direct consequence of its policies and decisions.

----

There you go, the Czar announces the results of his victory come the March elections,

There will most likely be another mobilization come March/April

That would allow to station reserve armies from the current springboards of offensive operations

Releasing the 1st GTA, 49th, 58th, and several other armies to commence the liberation of new Ukrainian regions  

It just sucks we have to wait for the bureaucracy to finalize these undertakings, but better late than never

Remember Putin said, we would conduct mobilization only if it was necessary to revisit Kiev

It sounds like he is alluding to this near operation,

And you have NATO screaming about renewed Russian offensives at exactly the same time

jon_deluxe likes this post

zorobabel
    zorobabel

Post  zorobabel Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:39 pm

Belisarius wrote:
    Fighterbomber exaggerated the scale of the damage from Ukraine's attack on the airfield near Rostov. They claimed that Ukraine shot down a Su-34 at the end of last year and so far no concrete evidence has been presented they even lied about a Russian pilot being killed in Voronezh, Fighterbomber confirmations prove nothing.
    What is your source for these refutations?

As far as I know, not a single Fighterbomber claim has proven incorrect. Even more so, he and his sources have acknowledged every real (not dumb NATO claim) loss before Western satellite imagery confirmed it.
    Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:58 pm

Are you guys aware, of the Global Predictor?

In Russia, we use the term Global Predictor as a catch all term for global elite

The global Predictor, is who we understand , ultimately makes decisions for the world

It is a united consensus of global elites

No, these elites are not at Davos, or at western forums- these are only some of the GP, but we do not believe that GP is a monolith - some kind of united voice

The reason most analysis of current politics is wrong, is because people are unaware of who the global Predictor really is

They are German elites, Brazilians, Russians, Chinese, Indians, Africans, Latin Americans, American executives of industry, gas, oil, even Elon Musk himself is part of the GP

It is these elites who are upsetting the goals of American country elites

*Remember Musk is a South African multinational

Please educate yourself on these factors, to better understand the trajectory of 2024
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:17 pm

zorobabel wrote:
    Belisarius wrote:
    What is your source for these refutations?

As far as I know, not a single Fighterbomber claim has proven incorrect. Even more so, he and his sources have acknowledged every real (not dumb NATO claim) loss before Western satellite imagery confirmed it.

Some schoolyard level "logic" there. Nobody has supplied any evidence but you are demanding that skeptics prove a negative.

sepheronx, GarryB, LMFS, Hole, lancelot and Belisarius like this post

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:24 pm

It's all propaganda theater and the usual concern trolls are out polluting this thread.

GarryB, Big_Gazza, LMFS and Hole like this post

Odin of Ossetia
    Odin of Ossetia

Post  Odin of Ossetia Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:48 pm

Odin of Ossetia wrote:
    ArgentinaGuard wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:I think that there is around another 200k in the UK.

EU hosts 4.27 million Ukrainian refugees - Eurostat.

The largest number of Ukrainians in:

Germany - 1,235,960 (28.9 per cent);
    Poland - 955 110 (22.3 per cent)
    Czech Republic - 369 330 (8.6 per cent).

In fact, this is only half the truth. Most Ukrainians have fled to Russia. And there are 5.3 million of them!

@ukraine_watch

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #52 - Page 23 GDyqTbRW4AAZyzR?format=jpg&name=small
    Have you seen any Ukrainians in England?

The map is very misleading:

1) The number of them in Poland is very under-reported. They have been coming to Poland in more significant numbers since at least 2014.

2) There are more than a few of them in the U.K.

3) And what about the Netherlands?

There are 3.5 - 4.0 millions of foreigners living in Poland, 60-75% are Ukrainians.

https://www.gazetaprawna.pl/wiadomosci/kraj/artykuly/9307688,liczba-imigrantow-w-polsce-to-ok-35-4-mln-z-czego-60-75-proc-stano.html

Article is from late September of 2023.

TMA1
    TMA1

Post  TMA1 Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:52 pm

Dont think this was friendly fire. I think it was a desperation attack with help from the west in revenge for multiple things. When it comes to something like this, the west does need to be smacked in the face for it. The problem is that Russia is not yet ready to move in some bold stroke. So attacking western intelligence aircraft would be premature.

Still I think it should happen. Make no mistake if the Ukrainians (obviously aided by the west) did this it was a desperation move. It worked. If Russia retaliates the west will symmetrically respond. The western leadership are full of women who only know power games like a 40yo wine mom escalating in bad behavior with her delinquent son. Our leaders over here are no different. They think true leadership is always being percieved as being on top. Note I said percieved. They only think in optics. They cannot empathize they can only react. They want Russia to reply to their moves rashly because they want an excuse to further the conflict. Again it is all power games to them. If you lived with them you would understand. Jan 6th, the Canadian truckers, now the German farmers. They silence the media on the truth, and use the media as their propaganda outlet for what they so want said. They then make it their personal business to attack those involved in any protests. Thry are petty, and will use and abuse to get their way.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 3:49 am