Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+58
Ned86
PhSt
Scorpius
The-thing-next-door
LMFS
SolidarityWithRussia
Stealthflanker
Karl Haushofer
marcellogo
calripson
Airbornewolf
franco
ArgentinaGuard
Odin of Ossetia
dionis
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
par far
lancelot
Firebird
mr_hd
Rasisuki Nebia
Big_Gazza
ucmvulcan
DerWolf
Rodion_Romanovic
TMA1
Lapain
RTN
Krepost
kvs
Backman
Belisarius
lyle6
teh_beard
d_taddei2
sepheronx
thegopnik
Isos
Pacense
Tolstoy
ALAMO
nomadski
Pincus Shain
Walther von Oldenburg
Regular
Arrow
Sujoy
Kiko
Hole
VARGR198
JohninMK
pavi
zorobabel
Mir
SeigSoloyvov
PapaDragon
mnztr
GarryB
62 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #52

ALAMO

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #52 - Page 18 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #52

Post  ALAMO Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:26 pm

I have said that a while ago
    Russkie reversed the cold war effect, practically forcing the west to go bankrupt.
    With such absurd cost disparity, there is no difference if Russian missiles or drones will hit anything or not. Ammunition used to repel the attacks is worth dozens of times more.
    The most absurd ratio is for Geraniums. With the latest news that a single round for Gepard is called 1000 euro, this looks like an organized fraud Laughing Laughing Laughing

And by the way, those bombs can be intercepted for sure. It is a slow-moving non maneuverable chunk of metal with solid radar reflection. But it can be intercepted by serious systems only, that are not located in the area of operations ...

GarryB, franco, Airbornewolf, Big_Gazza, PapaDragon, Mir, jon_deluxe and Belisarius like this post

ArgentinaGuard

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #52 - Page 18 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #52

Post  ArgentinaGuard Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:55 pm

mnztr wrote:
    Arkanghelsk wrote:I am watching the ICJ case against Israel presented by South Africa

It is shocking

I tip my hat to those who urged to remain calm during the opening days of the SVO

When I called for mass destruction, out of anger for the deaths of heroes

But now I see it differently, I see that heroes fought man to man, against a force capable to defend itself, in other words there was honor to die against Bandera

But I see this case, how 90%+ of all casualties are civilians

And how less than 2% of all casualties during the SVO are civilians

That is honor, that is a just war, and those who died are HEROES and will forever be known for that

What Russia has achived in economy of civilian casulaties is unprecedented in the history of warfare. They have used evacuation corridors and not resorted to seige tactics. I think Putins older brother died in seige of Leningrad. Perhaps he has been determined to not resort to such tactics to win wars. Putin evacuates children and gets accused of genocide, The Israelis slaughter babies and children and somehow the West defends them. We are in a bizzaro world here.

That stupid humanism can make you lose a war. Russia is to be feared. His name must strike terror into the minds of the West. And if the Ukrainians suffer, they should carry out a coup d'état against their government and sit down to negotiate with Putin.

It's too late. By mid-2024, they should ask Biden for passports because Russia is going to occupy the country.
    Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:58 pm

The Russian adaptive antenna array Kometa-M is a sophisticated radar system that is designed to detect and track airborne targets. It is a highly advanced system that uses advanced algorithms and signal-processing techniques to provide accurate and reliable target-tracking capabilities. The system is capable of detecting and tracking multiple targets simultaneously, making it an ideal solution for military and civilian applications alike.

The Kometa-M system is designed to operate in a wide range of environments, including harsh weather conditions and high levels of electromagnetic interference. It is also capable of operating in both active and passive modes, allowing it to detect and track targets even when they are not emitting a signal. This makes it an ideal solution for surveillance and reconnaissance missions.

One of the key features of the Kometa-M system is its ability to adapt to changing environmental conditions. The system uses a sophisticated array of antennas that can be dynamically reconfigured to optimize performance based on the current operating conditions. This allows the system to maintain high levels of accuracy and reliability even in challenging environments.

Are there any Western systems above 1MW to try to fry the FAB-500? To answer the question, there are several Western electronic warfare [EW] systems that have a power of at least 1 MW. One of the most powerful is the AN/ALQ-249 Next Generation Jammer [NGJ] being developed by the United States Navy. It is designed to be mounted on the EA-18G Growler aircraft and has a power output of over 10 MW. However, it is important to note that the NGJ is still in development and has not yet been fielded.

Another Western EW system that could potentially intercept the Russian FAB-500 aerial bomb is the AN/ALQ-218 Tactical Jamming System [TJS] developed by BAE Systems. It is a high-powered jamming system that can be mounted on various aircraft, including the F-16 and F-35. The AN/ALQ-218 TJS has a power output of up to 2 MW and is capable of jamming a wide range of radar frequencies.

However, it is important to note that intercepting a bomb is not solely dependent on the power of the EW system. Other factors such as the range, altitude, and speed of the bomb, as well as the effectiveness of the jamming technique, can also play a significant role in determining whether or not an interception is successful.Russian special military operation in Ukraine #52 - Page 18 8-kome12
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #52 - Page 18 8-kome14
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #52 - Page 18 8-kome13

Lmao 1 MW is unreal, none of these systems will ever be fielded, and so it means you can't intercept it

You also need advanced SAM if you hope to shoot it down, so it won't be frontline

Mir likes this post

mnztr

Post  mnztr Fri Jan 12, 2024 6:09 pm

ArgentinaGuard wrote:
    mnztr wrote:
    Arkanghelsk wrote:I am watching the ICJ case against Israel presented by South Africa

It is shocking

I tip my hat to those who urged to remain calm during the opening days of the SVO

When I called for mass destruction, out of anger for the deaths of heroes

But now I see it differently, I see that heroes fought man to man, against a force capable to defend itself, in other words there was honor to die against Bandera

But I see this case, how 90%+ of all casualties are civilians

And how less than 2% of all casualties during the SVO are civilians

That is honor, that is a just war, and those who died are HEROES and will forever be known for that

What Russia has achived in economy of civilian casulaties is unprecedented in the history of warfare. They have used evacuation corridors and not resorted to seige tactics. I think Putins older brother died in seige of Leningrad. Perhaps he has been determined to not resort to such tactics to win wars. Putin evacuates children and gets accused of genocide, The Israelis slaughter babies and children and somehow the West defends them. We are in a bizzaro world here.

That stupid humanism can make you lose a war. Russia is to be feared. His name must strike terror into the minds of the West. And if the Ukrainians suffer, they should carry out a coup d'état against their government and sit down to negotiate with Putin.

It's too late. By mid-2024, they should ask Biden for passports because Russia is going to occupy the country.

there is that question for sure. And it will be interesting to see if there is any benefit for Russia when they occupy Ukraine. But hitstory has shown that bombing the crap out of the civvies only hardens resolve. That has almost always been the case. Just look at Staingrad.

GarryB, JohninMK and jon_deluxe like this post

ArgentinaGuard

Post  ArgentinaGuard Fri Jan 12, 2024 6:15 pm

[quote="mnztr"][quote="ArgentinaGuard"]
    mnztr wrote:

there is that question for sure. And it will be interesting to see if there is any benefit for Russia when they occupy Ukraine. But hitstory has shown that bombing the crap out of the civvies only hardens resolve. That has almost always been the case. Just look at Staingrad.

I can give you other examples like Cartago,Tenochtitlan, Hiroshima and Berlin

It all depends on the strength of the people.
    I have no doubt that you will not defeat the Russians by bombing their cities, but you can subdue other inferior or decadent nations.
    Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:50 pm

ArgentinaGuard wrote:

I can give you other examples like Cartago,Tenochtitlan, Hiroshima and Berlin

It all depends on the strength of the people.
    I have no doubt that you will not defeat the Russians by bombing their cities, but you can subdue other inferior or decadent nations.

There's other concerns to be had, Israel is at the ICJ and is being made a fool of in front of the whole world

If that was Russias position, China and India would tell Russia to resolve its own issues alone

It is because of the muted human suffering in Ukraine - that Russia cannot be painted easily the way Israel was

Israel is the most politically covered nation in the world,  but its actions are so outrageous that even a puppet like South Africa brushes Israel completely red, and with the evidence provided, it's difficult to objectively make another argument

Russia decided to take the right course, and it's hard for me to agree with you

We see the economy in Russia - its absolutely growing which is insane, we see the attrition of Ukraine and the west which works beautifully, and noone can really say anything about Russia

The west can cry about Bucha or other select instances , but in the grand scheme there's just no evidence to support it

And so we have a special military operation, in the truest sense of the word

GarryB, Airbornewolf, Big_Gazza, Rodion_Romanovic, Hole, Mir and jon_deluxe like this post

Kiko
    Kiko

Post  Kiko Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:50 pm

@Manov. Murió Gonzalo Lira. Gonzalo Lira is dead.
    Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:58 pm

Kiko wrote:@Manov. Murió Gonzalo Lira. Gonzalo Lira is dead.

cry

Filthy cockroach regime... No mercy. Rip them out by the roots and burn them. angry

Just imagine if Gonzalo had been imprisoned by Russians instead of Ukrainians? The pious bleatings from the human rights choir in the Collective West would have been high-pitched and frenzied. As it is, Imperial Washington stayed silent, as did its legions of MSM sock puppets and regime cardboard cutouts. Damn these evil bastards to HELL.

Victoria Nuland is no doubt giving her pickle a tickle at this awful news... but her glee won't last. If there is any justice in the world that vile fetid witch will gasp out her last breath in a SuperMax jail cell...

RIP Gonzalo. May your loved ones find some consolation in the fact that you fought the good fight against unmitigated evil and tyranny, right to the bitter end.

kvs, JohninMK, Lapain, Hole and Mir like this post

franco
    franco

Post  franco Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:59 pm

Details...

Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:59 pm

Hole wrote:
    And it seems nato AD can intercept it.
    You mean they can´t intercept it.
    And even if some are getting shot down, the price difference between the dumb bomb + glide kit
    and the AD missile will be huuuuuge. Win-win for Russia. Very Happy

I mean they can't even lock on it. There was no report even from ukro trolls they intercepted any.

Their use on the front where AD can't survive very long and have radars off means 100% Pk for the bombs.

GarryB, PapaDragon and Hole like this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:09 pm

franco wrote:

Details...

It's was democracy! The values of the west Laughing Laughing Laughing

How many journalists have they offed now?

GarryB, Big_Gazza, Lapain and Hole like this post

Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:13 pm

Arkanghelsk wrote:One of the most powerful is the AN/ALQ-249 Next Generation Jammer [NGJ] being developed by the United States Navy. It is designed to be mounted on the EA-18G Growler aircraft and has a power output of over 10 MW.

How can that be even remotely possible? A EA-18G Growlers electrical system can't generate even a small fraction of that kind of power output.

GarryB, kvs and Hole like this post

Odin of Ossetia
    Odin of Ossetia

Post  Odin of Ossetia Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:24 pm

Mir wrote:
    Odin of Ossetia wrote:

It is 18 and 88 and not 888.
    Learn your signs you imbecile.

You have no problem hiring Ukrainian Nazis to work for you.

First of all not all ethnic Ukranians are Nazis.
    Second thing is 888 clearly shows that Alamo is not a Nazi.
    Thirdly "18 and 88" clearly shows you are...

They are as "non-Nazi" as you were "non-Apartheid."

How convenient of you to have deleted that troublesome link I have provided.

Here it is again for you and others to read, in addition to two more links. I guess after reading these links you can judge for yourselves if I am Nazi or not.

http://michalw.narod.ru/index-Truth.html

http://asaland.proboards.com/thread/460/land-zamosc-zamojszczyzna-1942-1944

https://www.thefirstnews.com/article/over-100000-slaughtered-with-axes-pitchforks-scythes-and-knives-the-wolyn-massacre-started-76-years-ago-today-and-lasted-for-two-years-6714

Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:38 pm

franco wrote:

Details...

https://www.rt.com/news/590559-gonzalo-lira-dead/

Collapsed lung and pneumonia, Ukrop prison authorities ignored his condition, US gov ignored his plight...

Last edited by Big_Gazza on Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

GarryB, franco, kvs, JohninMK, Hole and Mir like this post

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:41 pm

JohninMK wrote:S p r i n t e r
    @Sprinter99800
    122 mm bullets used by the Russian army. From left to right, bullets made by Iran, North Korea and Russia, which the artillery unit of this country's army uses against NATO. Russians have many complaints about North Korean projectiles and they say that their cost is not real and they do not reach the desired range, but the quality of Iran's projectiles is good and significant and has satisfied Russian users

Does Yelp have arms production category?

1 out of 5 stars for Norks Cool

ALAMO wrote:There were some reports that the issue with Korean ones is based on propellant rather than the projectile itself.
    Those are reported to be of low and unsustainable quality, with nominally the same charges having different amounts of propellant, and even that in some cases is not being burned properly.
    I guess that comrade Kim will order some shootings with a few officials chained to the barrels Laughing Laughing

It's a good thing that they ain't got Internet in the Best Korea otherwise some poor slobs in propellant factory would not be able to enjoy a blissful ignorance a little bit more lol1

franco
    franco

Post  franco Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:49 pm

Big_Gazza wrote:
    Arkanghelsk wrote:One of the most powerful is the AN/ALQ-249 Next Generation Jammer [NGJ] being developed by the United States Navy. It is designed to be mounted on the EA-18G Growler aircraft and has a power output of over 10 MW.

How can that be even remotely possible? A EA-18G Growlers electrical system can't generate even a small fraction of that kind of power output.

Must be a "woke" generator Suspect Rolling Eyes

russia

GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs, JohninMK and Hole like this post

Walther von Oldenburg
    Walther von Oldenburg

Post  Walther von Oldenburg Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:51 pm

Geraniums are in the air again... air raid alerts in several regions of 404

GarryB and PapaDragon like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:58 pm

Collapsed lung and pneumonia, Ukrop prison authorities ignored his condition, US gov ignored his plight.
    His father was on the Duran just days ago.

GarryB, franco, Airbornewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs and Backman like this post

Backman
    Backman

Post  Backman Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:03 pm

Big_Gazza wrote:
    franco wrote:

Details...

https://www.rt.com/news/590559-gonzalo-lira-dead/

Collapsed lung and pneumonia, Ukrop prison authorities ignored his condition, US gov ignored his plight...  

Very sad. But Gonzalo had some concerning vibes about him over the last 2 years. He was so resigned to his fate. Its almost like he wanted it to happen.

I heard that he was worth 18 million dollars. What a waste of a life. He didn't have to work but ended up like this
    Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:29 pm

You know this issue with seizing funds of Russia is interesting

In many ways it would be good if the west did it

Imagine for a second that 300 billion of Russian foreign exchange reserves denominated in euro and dollars are just seized by the west

What reaction would it spark for China? Saudi Arabia? India?

Imagine the Arab world now in this situation with Israel

Imagine China and Taiwan or the Uyghurs

Imagine India has some issue with Sikh minorities or is blamed for assassinating some Sikh living in Canada or the US like they are now

So anytime the US presses its competitors geopolitically, can they just steal your money ?

It would cause a panic to get your assets out of the west

And this would be the next hammer to dollar hegemony

GarryB, Big_Gazza, JohninMK, Hole and jon_deluxe like this post

mnztr

Post  mnztr Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:01 am

Big_Gazza wrote:

Are you sure? the APU alone produces 450 KW.
    mnztr

Post  mnztr Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:29 am

Arkanghelsk wrote:You know this issue with seizing funds of Russia is interesting

In many ways it would be good if the west did it

Imagine for a second that 300 billion of Russian foreign exchange reserves denominated in euro and dollars are just seized by the west

What reaction would it spark for China? Saudi Arabia? India?

Imagine the Arab world now in this situation with Israel

Imagine China and Taiwan or the Uyghurs

Imagine India has some issue with Sikh minorities or is blamed for assassinating some Sikh living in Canada or the US like they are now

So anytime the US presses its competitors geopolitically, can they just steal your money ?

It would cause a panic to get your assets out of the west

And this would be the next hammer to dollar hegemony

When I look at this I realize people (including myself) did not have a good understanding of foreign reserves. If you wanted to move 100B of foreign reserves into an alternatve currency, its just simply NOT POSSIBLE. Foreign reserves are held mostly in treasury bills. Tbills represent an obligation of the US govt. i.e they are US debt. No other country has available that volume of debt that can replace Tbills. And TBILLs are time dated and cannot be converted to cash on demand. So they need to be sold on the secondary market. Plus the FED has 7.9T in tbills it absorbed during QE, so the fed can essentially block any Tbill liquidation by any nation by undercutting their sales.

jon_deluxe likes this post

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Sat Jan 13, 2024 1:18 am

That cockroach Magnitsky, the corrupt accountant working for criminal Browder, died in jail of heart complications.   He was turned into some
    sort of "human rights lawyer" martyr of "Putin's regime".    Lira was an honest, independent commentator who was persecuted for his opinion.
    He committed no crime and the Kiev regime engaged in a clear case of human rights abuse.   But there will not be any Lira Act passed in any
    fuckass NATzO legislature.   I bet the NATzO MSM will not even cover this case.

F*u*c*k NATzO.

GarryB, Big_Gazza, Hole, lancelot and Mir like this post

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Sat Jan 13, 2024 1:24 am

Russia needs to ramp up its bombing of western Ukria. So far the vast majority of "Ukr" military deaths are ethnic Russians conscripted
    from eastern and central Ukraine. These western Ukr vermin are getting away with a grotesque theater of mass murder. They need
    to pay in blood for their hate, arrogance and chutzpah. Find any pretext to bomb Lvov and other hater shit holes. Flatten these
    hater toilets.

Big_Gazza, lyle6, Backman and Mir like this post

Airbornewolf
    Airbornewolf

Post  Airbornewolf Sat Jan 13, 2024 1:37 am

As this year started off slow with new footage on resources. I decided to give my old Ukraine compilations some attention.
    Most where created in 720P, 25-30 FPS.

But i have gotten more experienced with video editing since their creation, so i decided to improve the quality.

All but the very oldest in the list have been AI enhanced and upscaled to 1080P. And frame interpolated up to 60FPS.
    for those interested ,I assembled the compilations into one playlist from new to old:

GarryB, psg, d_taddei2, PapaDragon, JohninMK, Hole and Belisarius like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 4:11 am